I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
The Review Queues
- Nominations for full review at the moment are being processed slower than usual. Most nominations are taking about 4 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 2 weeks.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 3 weeks.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 64 new nominations that week. 238 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 228 new updates that week. 279 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 89 new preliminary review submissions that week. 226 preliminary submissions in the queue awaiting review.
Firefox 5 and 6
Firefox 7 and 8
The breaking changes in Firefox 7 have been detailed in this post. The compatibility bump for Firefox 7 was run already, so if your add-on is not compatible yet, we recommend you test and see if any changes are required.
The Firefox 8 compatibility post is here. We strongly recommend that you aim to make your add-on compatible with the Firefox version in the Aurora channel, Firefox 8 at this moment. Making your add-on compatible with Aurora qualifies it for our automatic compatibility upgrades, saving you lots of time. Firefox 9 is coming to Aurora in a couple of weeks, so you should look into this soon.
If you need information on how to test how your add-on affects Firefox startup performance, please read this document: Measuring Add-on Startup Performance.