- We released a hotfix release, 1.4.3. It fixes an important regression in 1.4, 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 and should be taken by anybody currently using one of those releases. More details here.
- FOSDEM happened, there were Jetpack presentations and discussions. Henrik Skupin blogged about it, and contributed a patch.
- Andrew Sutherland has written an add-on using the SDK to break down Firefox memory usage by tab: or, to “help you lay blame more easily”
- Total open bugs: 253
- Bugs created last week: 20
- Bugs fixed last week: 12
- Total SDK-based Addons on AMO: 432
- Open pull requests on Github: 25
Note: the stats above are based on the queries I linked to for each item. If you have suggestions on how these queries might be made more accurate,please comment below. Stats generated at 2012-02-07 17:43:52 PST
- The Add-on Builder is preparing for its 1.0 release. We have one blocker, bug 724766, otherwise things are looking good.
- We had a brief 1.4.3 postmortem: concluded that we need to improve test coverage for beta releases.
- There’s a lot of demand to make the SDK support Thunderbird. The SDK team does not have the resources to support Thunderbird officially, but should not prevent Thunderbird from working by, for example, throwing an exception when Thunderbird is detected.
- Here’s a blog post from Dietrich on using the SDK to deliver features into Firefox.