I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
The Review Queues
- Most nominations for full review are taking less than 2 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 1 week.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 5 days.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 43 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 37 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 45 preliminary review submissions in the queue awaiting review.
Our new reviewer incentives program has been very successful. Volunteer activity has increased and expanded into other areas of contribution. If you’re an add-on developer, please consider joining our team. Add-on reviewers get invited to Mozilla events and earn cool gear with their work. Visit our wiki page for more information.
Firefox 17 Compatibility
The compatibility blog post is here.
Some tab enhancement add-ons broke on this release, notably Tab Mix Plus. We recommend that you keep the add-on disabled until an update becomes available. If you really need this extension now and you’re feeling adventurous, you can try the latest development build, as explained in this support article.
Firefox 18 Compatibility
The documentation and compatibility bump for Firefox 18 should be up soon.