I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
In case you missed it, give 2012 in Add-on Reviews a look. It’s a good overview of what the review team did last year and how it compares to previous years.
The Review Queues
- Most nominations for full review are taking less than 3 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 2 weeks.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 2 weeks.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 95 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 103 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 101 preliminary review submissions in the queue awaiting review.
Our new reviewer incentives program has become a great motivator for our review team. If you’re an add-on developer, please consider joining us. Add-on reviewers get invited to Mozilla events and earn cool gear with their work. Visit our wiki page for more information.
Firefox 18 Compatibility
The compatibility blog post for Firefox 18 is available here. The compatibility bump was run shortly before release.
The Firefox 19 blog post and bump should come soon.
We finally merged Background Themes (previously known as Personas) and Complete Themes (previously known as Themes) into a single themes category on AMO. However, we made some mistakes with the initial design that made Complete Themes less visible than we intended to, which are being worked on right now. We hope to have a more balanced Themes section in the coming weeks.