I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
The Review Queues
- Most nominations for full review are taking less than 6 weeks to review.
- 114 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 3 weeks.
- 79 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 3 weeks.
- 113 preliminary review submissions in the queue awaiting review.
If you’re an add-on developer and would like to see add-ons reviewed faster, please consider joining us. Add-on reviewers get invited to Mozilla events and earn cool gear with their work. Visit our wiki page for more information.
Firefox 32 Compatibility
The Firefox 32 compatibility blog post is up. The automatic compatibility validation will be run soon.
As always, we recommend that you test your add-ons on Beta and Aurora to make sure that they continue to work correctly. End users can install the Add-on Compatibility Reporter to identify and report any add-ons that aren’t working anymore.
Electrolysis, also known as e10s, is the next major compatibility change coming to Firefox. In a nutshell, Firefox will run on multiple processes now, running each content tab in a different one. This should improve responsiveness and overall stability, but it also means many add-ons will need to be updated to support this.
We will be talking more about these changes in this blog in the near future. We will also begin contacting developers about add-ons malfunctioning with e10s very soon.