As you’ve likely already noted, Lightning 1.0b5 was released on July 29th. It fixes some urgent issues that showed up during the 1.0b4 release, so everyone is strongly advised to update! Here’s a list of the most important changes:
- Remote calendar with webcal:// location not working
- Thunderbird Does Not Process Meeting Invites from Outlook, Google Calendar
- Startup crash [@ cal::UTC()]
- wcap not working since TB5 and Lightning 1.0b4rc2
- Snoozing/Dismissing one event on alarm popup closes entire window
- Event invitation not sent out when Outlook compatiblity is checked
If you are experiencing issues (Lightning not installing or the calendar not working at all), I’d suggest uninstalling Lightning and then doing a fresh install. Your calendar data will be kept intact, as it is contained in your profile.
We have now switched the nightly builds from comm-miramar to comm-aurora, I will post more information on this switch soon.