We’re excited to announce the first event in the Grow Program (formerly known as MozCamp), for Mozillians who want to deeply develop their leadership and community building skills. The program and events focus on developing contribution skills for yourself and to share with others so we can continue to increase the impact of our communities for the project and in the world.
About Grow Tunisia
The first three-day event, Grow Tunisia, will take place in Tunis from Friday, September 26, through Sunday, September 28. Participants must be available to arrive on Thursday, September 25, and should plan to depart on Monday, September 29.
In order to attend Grow Tunisia, you must be a Mozillian who resides in Africa, Europe or the Middle East, extending east to Iran and Turkey, including Israel and Russia. If you do not live in any of these regions, don’t worry! There will be an upcoming Grow event in your region later this year — please plan to apply for your regional Grow event.
Grow Tunisia participants can expect three full days of intense, instructor-led training as well as challenging hands-on work. The curriculum will include community building skills such as event planning, recruitment and project planning. Additionally, participants will delve into specific contribution areas to sharpen those skills and think about how to invite others to join.
Once participants leave Grow Tunisia, they will work with a mentor and a team of fellow participants to grow our community of active contributors by recruiting at least 5 new active contributors,* reactivating 10 idle contributors or hosting at least 2 events. (*An “active” contributor is one who has completed one measurable contribution for their contribution area.)
Our goal is to gather a group of Mozillians that represents a wide spectrum of our key contribution areas. After discussions with the attendees of a Program Design Session, we came up with the following invitation criteria. By applying to attend Grow Tunisia, you:
- Agree to grow the quantity and quality of our communities by recruiting 5 new active Mozillians, reactivating 10 inactive Mozillians or hosting 2 training events (on- and/or offline) before the end of the year
- Will engage in knowledge sharing (documentation, blogging, social media, etc.)
- Agree to participate in the entire program, including the event, the development and implementation of a project plan after the event, and follow-ups such as completing surveys, checking in regularly with their project mentors and sharing their progress
- Know the regional community well and act as a leader, communicating organizational goals, getting the community active and excited and recruiting and mentoring new contributors
- Have experience with community building/mentoring
- Have expertise in a specific contribution area or areas, with strong interest and experience onboarding, teaching and/or mentoring new active contributors
- Are an active contributor with a key role in a pathway, one who can benefit from learning how to mentor and bring in new contributors
- Must be over 18 years old to participate in events that involve international travel
- Proficient in the primary language (in this case English)
- Resident of Europe, Africa or the Middle East
If you feel you meet the above criteria, we invite you to apply to attend Grow Tunisia: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1742536/Grow-Tunisia-Application
*PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 1. SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS.*
If your application is approved, you will receive an official invitation to Grow Tunisia by Monday, August 11, 2014.
If you have any questions or need additional information about applying to participate in this new program, please don’t hesitate to contact us on IRC in #Grow2014, Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM, Pacific Time.