- The Game On competition judging process is now underway! Our Nomination Panel and Illustrious Judges are now busily evaluating the 165 great games submitted.
- Winners will be announced around the middle of March.
- In the mean time: game on! Play around with all these great games.
So what’s next?
Here at Mozilla we want Game On to be fun, fair and transparent. So here’s how the judging process will work:
1) A Nomination Panel made up of Mozilla community members will eagerly play and evaluate all the submitted games, and then select a short-list of Notable Entries.
2) Our illustrious panel of industry expert Judges will then evaluate those Notable Entries to decide winners in each category – as well as choosing our Grand Champion!
3) Winners will be announced mid March.
The Game On Awesomeness Index™
Each entry will be ranked on a 1-5 scale across these five key Measures of Awesomeness:
- Fun – how fun is it to play? (duh)
- Technological Achievement – how well does it demonstrate technical mastery in open web technologies?
- Aesthetics – how good is the visual design and interaction experience?
- Originality – have we seen this before? How does the game take advantage of the web in new ways?
- Category - how well does it fits within the competition’s special category themes: multi-device, web-only and hackable.
Remember: the competition period is now closed, so you cannot make any further updates or tweaks to your games. Once the judging period ends March 8th, feel free to go ahead and make tweaks or updates to your entries just for fun. But not until then.