Mark Radcliffe, senior partner at DLA Piper and pro bono General Counsel of the Open Source Initiative, lists his top 10 free and open source legal issues of 2007.
I’ll post his list here but for the details please go to Mark’s blog.
1. Publication of GPLv3.
2. SCO’s Attack on Linux Collapses.
3. First Legal Opinion on Enforcing a FOSS License.
4. First US Lawsuit to Enforce GPLv2.
5. First Patent Infringement Lawsuit by Patent Trolls against FOSS Vendors.
6. First Patent Lawsuit by a Commercial Competitor against a FOSS Vendor.
7. Microsoft Obtains Approval of Two Licenses by OSI.
8. German Court Finds that Skype Violates GPLv2
9. New License Options.
10. Creation of Linux Foundation.