One of the oldest Mozilla communities on the ‘net is celebrating it’s 9th anniversary this weekend, May 31st, here in Tokyo. The Mozillagumi, a Japanese community of Mozilla developers, localizers, testers and users is celebrating 9 years of community support for Mozilla in Japan. I for one am very glad that there is such an active and engaged community of users here in Japan.
The event this Saturday should be interesting for Mozilla and Firefox users. The lineup of speakers includes:
- John Daggett, platform developer, speaking on graphics
- David Tenser, SUMO manager, speaking on the SUMO project
- Dr. Hiromitsu Takagi of AIST, speaking on Mutual Authentication Protocol for HTTP, and MutualTestFox
- Nakamoto-san of OpenOffice.ja
- Shinya Kasatani, CTO of KBMJ, speaking on Selenium IDE and Firefox
- Channy Yun, web evangelist at Daum, speaking on the Korean Mozilla community
The event is free and open to the public, so we hope to see you there!