Mozilla Scheduled Downtime – 3/13/2007, 7pm – 11pm PDT (0200 – 0600 3/14/2007 UTC)
We will have a scheduled downtime window this Tuesday from 7pm to 11pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – Database replication changes. We’ll be adding additional replication functionality to one of our production databases. 1-2 hours of downtime is expected, but could be more if issues arise.
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – Kernel updates. We’ll updating the kernels on many production boxes. 5-10 minutes of downtime is expected per host. Services effected:
* Everything in the San Jose colocation that uses a database
* LDAP authentication on all services
* mozilla.org inbound mail
* spreadfirefox.com mail
* network connectivity for Mountain View office
* San Jose VPN connectivity
* 8pm PST (0300 UTC) – load balancer configuration change. We’ll be changing the addons configuration on our load balancers. No expected downtime.
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window. Feel free to email infra at mozilla.com if you see issues past the planned downtime.