Mozilla Scheduled Downtime – 5/24/2007, 7pm – 10pm PDT (0200 – 0500 5/25/2007 UTC)
We will have a scheduled downtime window this Thursday from 7pm to 10pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – build-graphs.mozilla.org migration. We’ll be migrating build-graphs to better, more supportable hardware. No downtime is expected.
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – download.mozilla.org migration. download.mozilla.org will be migrated to our San Jose colocation. No downtime is expected.
* 7:30pm PDT (0230 UTC) – Kernel updates. We will be doing various kernel upgrades which require a reboot. Affected systems/applications are as follows:
- Mozilla email services (messages should be held until services are back up)
- Anything related to CVS, Hg, SVN
Downtime is expected to be 5 minutes or less per machine.
* 9pm PDT (0200 UTC) – Bugzilla update. Minor Bugzilla updates will be put into production. 5 minutes or less of downtime is expected.
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window. Feel free to email infra at mozilla.com if you see issues past the planned downtime.