Mozilla Scheduled Downtime – 5/31/2007, 7pm – 11pm PDT (0200 – 0600 6/1/2007 UTC)
We will have a scheduled downtime window Thursday night from 7pm to 11pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – CVS upgrade. We will be applying security updates to the libraries contained within the chroot jails used by the cvs servers. No downtime is expected.
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – Planet.mozilla.org upgrade. A new version of Planet (Venus) will be deployed. No downtime is expected.
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – Kernel updates. We will be doing various kernel upgrades which require a reboot. Affected systems/applications are as follows:
- FTP Staging
- Mountain View and Toronto phone systems
- All database-backed applications
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window. Feel free to email infra at mozilla.com if you see issues past the planned downtime.