Mozilla Scheduled Downtime – 6/12/2007, 7pm – 11pm PDT (0200 – 0600 6/13/2007 UTC)
We will have a scheduled downtime window tonight from 7pm to 11pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – addons.mozilla.org global load balancing and load testing. AMO will be brought up in our Amsterdam datacenter, and we’ll be doing load testing against the infrastructure. No downtime is expected but possible if the load tests overwhelm the infrastructure.
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – San Jose load balancer maintenance. We’ll be making some configuration modifications to the primary load balancers. No downtime is expected.
* 8pm PDT (0300 UTC) – Pastebin migration to San Jose. Our pastebin instance will be migrated to our San Jose facility. 30 minutes of downtime is expected.
* 9pm PDT (0400 UTC) – Netapp configuration change. We’ll be making a configuration change to one of our storage arrays. 15 minutes of downtime is expected for the 4 virtual machines running on this array (fx-win32-tbox, tb-win32-tbox, balsa-18branch, argo-vm).
* 8pm PDT (0400 UTC) – Database migration. Various databases will be migrated to better isolate addons.mozilla.org. Downtime of up to 30 minutes per application is expected. Affected websites are:
* firefoxflicks.com (blog and site)
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window. Feel free to email infra at mozilla.com if you see issues past the planned downtime.