Mozilla Scheduled Downtime – 11/15/2007, 7pm – 10pm PST (0300 – 0600 11/16/2007 UTC)
We will have a scheduled downtime window tomorrow night from 7pm to 10pm PST. The following changes will take place:
* 7pm PST (0300 UTC) – addons.mozilla.org updates. We’ll be updating code and testing the downtime notice of addons.mozilla.org. No downtime is expected.
* 7pm PST (0300 UTC) – bonsai and tinderbox server update. We’ll be applying security updates to tinderbox and bonsai. 15 minutes of downtime is expected.
* 7pm PST (0300 UTC) – Kernel upgrades. Duration 4 hours. We’ll be doing kernel security updates on various machines affecting the following services for approximately 10 minutes each:
- VPN and Jumphosts at all locations
- any sites requiring an LDAP login
- phone services at all locations
- All developer and QA machines that are running RHEL
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window. Feel free to email infra at mozilla.com if you see issues past the planned downtime.