We will have a scheduled maintenance window tonight from 7pm to 11:00pm PDT. This is being tracked in master bug 451221. The following changes will take place:
- 7:00pm PDT (0200 UTC) developer.mozilla.org upgrade. MDC will be relaunched on MindTouch Deki. Duration 10 minutes. See Eric Shepherd’s blog for more information.
- 7:00pm PDT (0200 UTC) duration 4 hours: Kernel upgrades. We’ll be doing kernel security updates on various machines affecting the following services for approximately 10 minutes each:
- build graphs / pageload tests
- CVS, cvs-mirror, SVN, Hg
- Buildbot Try Server
- Any sites using LDAP for authentication
- jumphost for community build lan
- internal DNS and DHCP in:
- MPT colo
- Mountain View office
- Toronto office
- Telephone service in the above locations
- 7:15pm PDT (0200 UTC) blog.mozilla.org upgrade. We’ll be picking up a WordPress MU update. Duration ~ 5 minutes.
- 7:15pm PDT (0200 UTC) support.mozilla.com updates. We’ll be updating support.mozilla.com to pick up code updates. No downtime is expected.
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window.
As mentioned, this maintenance window is tracked in bug 451221. Feel free to comment directly in that bug if you see issues past the planned downtime.
Update: 08/19 @ 16:07 - Because of the Firefox 3.1a2 freeze tonight we’ll be excluding some hosts from the planned kernel upgrade/reboot.