We will have a scheduled maintenance window tonight from 6:00pm to 11:00pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
- 6:00pm PST (0100 UTC) Kernel upgrades. We’ll be doing kernel security updates on various machines affecting the following services for approximately 10 minutes each:
sand.mozilla.org(part of irc.mozilla.org)
- All RHEL-based development machines (hostnames beginning with sm-* or cm-*)
- build graphs / pageload tests
- CVS, cvs-mirror, SVN, Hg
- Despot, Doctor
- MDC Search
- Internet-facing mail relays, list servers, and outbound mail (mail will be queued)
- Any sites using LDAP for authentication
- DNS/DHCP/wifi/telephone services in all Mozilla offices (except Beijing)
- All database-backed websites and services, including but notlimited to: Bugzilla, Breakpad, Bonsai, SUMO, SpreadFirefox, Addons, bouncer/download, Blogs, QMO, Litmus
- 8:00pm PDT (0300 UTC): LDAP server maintenance. We’ll be testing out LDAP failover and redundancy setup. Resources that depend on LDAP authentication may experience disruption during this time. Duration 1 hours.
- 9:00pm PDT (0400 UTC)
addons.mozilla.orgmaintenance. We’ll be making some changes to our internal network that could affect the servers that run
addons.mozilla.org. Downtime shouldn’t be more than 15 minutes expected, however we’re planning for an hour.
- 10:00pm PDT (0500 UTC): Bugzilla component renames. We’ll be renaming three components in Bugzilla to complete leftover items that got missed in the last component reorganization. See bug 461546 for details (step 4 on the first attachment). Duration 10 minutes.
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with this planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window.
Feel free to comment directly in those bugs if you see issues past the planned downtime.