We will have a scheduled maintenance window tonight from 4:00pm to 11:00pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
- 4:00pm PDT (2300 UTC)
support.mozilla.comupdate. We’ll be updating
support.mozilla.comto pick up code updates (bug 584823) . Duration 60 minutes.
- 6:00pm PDT (0100 UTC)
addons.mozilla.orgdatabase maintenance. We’ll be putting
addons.mozilla.orginto a read-only to rebuild the master database server (bug 572518). Duration 5 hours.
- 6:00pm PDT (0100 UTC) Kernel upgrades. We’ll be doing kernel security updates on various machines affecting the following services for approximately 10 minutes each:
- *ALL* sm-* (development) servers.
- All IT-administered build services, including build.mozilla.org, try server, cruncher, AUS staging, and the pageload/graph servers
- All VPNs and jumphosts in the offices and colos (except Beijing)
- All office and colo DNS and DHCP servers (except Beijing)
- All Web-dev and app staging servers
support.mozilla.com(chat services and knowledge base)
- All version control services and related utility services (CVS, CVS-mirror, Hg, SVN, Bonsai, HgWeb, ViewVC, Tinderbox, MXR)
irc.mozilla.org(multiple servers, will fail over via DNS to keep it up)
- Internet-facing mail relays, list servers, and outbound mail (mail will be queued)
- All public and private wikis and blogs administered by Mozilla
Some services may have more than one outage as various back-end components each get their upgrades (for example, a web application will go down once when the web servers are upgraded and again when its database server is upgraded).
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with this planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window.
Feel free to comment directly if you see issues past the planned downtime.