- Next merge: 2014-12-01
Topics for This Week
- Work Week
- Next week we are meeting up in Portland with the rest of Mozilla. Lots of opportunities to chat with your own team, but also with other teams. Go to meetings to learn about 2015 Initiatives. Hack on amazing, cool stuff – not on normal bug work. Leverage the opportunity.
- We have had a few meetings about new password-related work in Mobile & Desktop & Cloud Services. We are landing some “parity” features in Fennec soon. We are also looking ahead to new features too, including: Password generation, password strength, LoginManager form heuristics and more.
- Reading List
- In addition to working on client-side features, Mozilla has also started working on a Reading List service that would sync data across platforms – Mobile and Desktop.
- Next Build:
|1049138||crash in VisitNextEdgeBetweenRect||NEW||Eugen Sawin [:esawin] (esawin)|
|1050832||OMX Plugin could not be initialized in Android L Preview (Loading OMX Plugin: nullptr)||ASSIGNED||James Willcox (:snorp) (email@example.com) (snorp)|
|1062758||crash in nsObserverService::RemoveObserver(nsIObserver*, char const*)||NEW|
|1081560||Opening recent tab from awesomescreen with kbd closed results in blank page||REOPENED||Robert O’Callahan (:roc) (Mozilla Corporation) (roc)|
|1085742||crash in nsAutoPtr<mozilla::CacheData>* nsTArray_Impl<nsAutoPtr<mozilla::CacheData>, nsTArrayInfallibleAllocator>::AppendElement<mozilla::CacheData*>(mozilla::CacheData* const&)||NEW||:Ehsan Akhgari (not reading bugmail, needinfo? me!) (ehsan.akhgari)|
5 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
29 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Chun-Min Chang fixed bug 1071197 – Ensure user-triggered mouse events are not treated as synthesized
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Ironing out a few remaining issues on bug 1097116
- Trying to get a proof-of-concept standalone MP3 parser coupled with MediaCodec for next week
- Figuring out why openh264 stuff won’t load
- bug 1091758 – Add relative path to filenames in BHR data
- bug 1101031 – Handle crashes in update service
- bug 1093098 – crash in org.mozilla.gecko.ANRReporter.requestNativeStack
- e10s telemetry
- bug 1103101 – Start the telemetry module in content processes
- bug 1103036 – Allow ContentChild to perform tasks on shutdown
- Standalone WebRTC
- Visible seams bug
- bug 1101651 Switched WebRTC unit tests to use standalone xpcom and mini necko libraries. Most pass, the few tests that fail are related to lack of Pref support and H264. Code may be found here: https://github.com/bluemarvin/gecko-dev/tree/libxpcom-unittests-wip
- Work week.
- Get desktop WebRTC player using new version of standalone WebRTC library.
- Janus Proxy
- Add-on updates (HTTPS PAC, removed deprecated options)
- Test server serving PAC via HTTPS and HTTP (for compatibility) now
- Mochitests for screen orientation locking (having issues with enforcing full screen on Android)
- bug 1093179 – Page-position on m.diepresse.com not always remembered when navigating back
- iOS – Keyboard scrolling implementation
- iOS – Miscellaneous login view fixes
- Tiles upload testing
- Leaving Mozilla: http://lucasr.org/2014/11/26/leaving-mozilla
- bug 1077035 – Thin pixel bar seen in unselected tabs in the new tablet UI
- bug 1098459 – Remove dead area on the right of “new tab” button
- bug 1100904 – Implement UI transitions tracker
- bug 1101784 – Don’t clip to padding in tabs panel grid
- bug 1102836 – Close button hit area tweaks in tabs panel
- bug 1073125 – Run trimage on all new_tablet image assets
- bug 1098433 – Tabs tray on non-7″ tablet looks crowded
- bug 1100894 – Don’t smooth scroll tab strip when restoring tabs on startup
- Bugs tracking Aurora
- Wrap up new tablet UI v1
- 1091461 – Tapping anywhere under the ‘Private Browsing’ tip in the History panel will open the Custom menu
- 1093201 – Passwords management UI
- Landed some basic reader mode tests – bug 786638
- Migrating/populating reader mode cache – bug 1093869, bug 1093172
- Tracking protection UI – bug 1102518, bug 1095640
- Passwords discussions
- Reading list discussions
- 786638 – Implement testing infrastructure for reader mode
- 889351 – Show excerpts in about:home’s Reading List panel
- 1082110 – Polish appearance of new reading list style
- 1093869 – Migrate (or just remove) old indexedDB reader mode cache
- 1095640 – Update UX for site identity popup to handle tracking blocking
- 1095643 – Show site identity when mixed content is blocked
- 1102275 – Search history entries from Search Activity changes its sizes
- 1102518 – Actually disable tracking protection when user taps “disable” button
- 1102537 – Remove “which is run by *unknown*” block from non-EV site identity message
- 1104841 – Use https for Bing search in Fennec
- 1093172 – Reading List should fetch and process new items in the background
- 1098421 – Aurora stops unexpectedly when trying to launch Search Activity from the widget
- 1105290 – crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.search.providers.SearchEngineManager.createEngineFromFileList(SearchEngineManager.java)
- 1105316 – crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.search.providers.SearchEngineManager.createEngineFromLocale(SearchEngineManager.java)
- New tablet
- bug 975837 – crash in java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot handle null URLs in enterEditingMode at org.mozilla.gecko.BrowserApp.enterEditingMode(BrowserApp.java)
- New tablet
- bug 1085837 – Intermittent testAppMenuPathways | application crashed [None]
- 4-day weekend! \o/
- Reading list planning.
- l10n fixes.
- Phone screens.
- Distributions work.
- Reviews et al, as always.
- Sync iOS stuff.
- 1019726 – Support three-character locale code for Maithili
- 1092421 – Remove locale migration code
- 1097220 – Extend Android client record format
- 1097542 – Unclear order logic for searchplugins in Firefox for Android
- 1101527 – Some parts of Firefox use OS locale after browser restart
Projects for this cycle:
- Support Firefox Account “locked” status
- on track — patches have r+ in bug 1080242, testing with rfkelly and the Cloud Services team
- Migrate legacy Sync 1.1 devices
- Pushing Synced Tabs home panel through Aurora bug remotetabsv2
- Starting Reading List sync service
- no progress
- Gradle integration
- landed |mach gradle|
- improved omnijar rebuilding, much faster
- buck integration
- evaluated and rejected in favour of Gradle; planning a blog post to drill into this
- 1099501 – package com.android.tools.lint.checks does not exist when building
- 1102339 – Don’t generate widget/Themed*.java
- 1102488 – Factor out preprocessed Java into a separate library
- 1103121 – Add |mach gradle| or |mach gradlew| command for building Fennec with Gradle
- 1104855 – Don’t rebuild the omnijar on every Gradle build
- 1105052 – Update in-tree jsmin to commit a878bf0 or later
- 1058160 – Specify main activity org.mozilla.fennec.App with a default intent over org.mozilla.search.MainActivity
- 1080242 – Surface new “Firefox Account locked” messaging in Fennec
- 1098667 – Add Account State “MigratedFromSync11″
- Lost and found my voice – hurrah.
- 1100317 – Gridview doesn’t show the last row completely when more tabs open than will fit on a single screen
- 1087219 – UI navigation in full screen tabs panel
- 1097121 – Animate items being removed from the tabs panel grid
- 1100464 – Add back button to top left of the tabs panel header for new tablet
- 1105271 – Adjust new tablet tabs tray button sizes
- iOS Work: Sharing functionality is pretty much finished. Last bits need to be merged in and we have some small bugs.
- First (tiny) Fennec patch: 1100439 – Tinted status bar not working in Android 5.0
Started two ‘iOS Feasability Research’ documents:
- Passwords – https://mobile.etherpad.mozilla.org/75
- Sharing – https://mobile.etherpad.mozilla.org/76
- Sync – Not started yet
- Reading List – Not started yet
Rest of this week:
- Finish that Fennec patch and find another started bug (suggestions?)
- Continue with iOS work. Not sure what part yet other than the small bugs in the Sharing extensions.
- 1088758 – Add the ability to mirror tabs from desktop to a second screen
- 1096718 – display time measured spent in each compartment
- Tablet V1 bugs
- A lot of Search work
- 105 UX work and meetings
- Onboarding sync up
- Sending/saving tabs story boarding
- Onboarding meeting with Arcadio
- Passwords project
- More Search
- More 105
- FENNEC TEAM needs gear!
- bug 1058818: Doorhangers need love
- PTO week after Mozlandia!
One Oh Fiver goodness:
105 tap-prototype — constantly updating prototype.
Machine is on the fritz. Just setting up a loaner.
- Contiuned my 105 Design Document (https://people.mozilla.org/~dhenein/mobile/105/)
- Started sketching and prototyping some navigation ideas, looking at content hierarchy and flow
- Some good initial discussions with Chronicle people and how it relates to mobile
- Readling list meetings
- Lots of interviews + covering for Sevaan/Hello (he is PTO)
- Transition stuff
- Process question: have a crash fix I am planning, do I try for Aurora uplift? Plan for Beta uplift?
- Not repro’d in Fennec and rare in Mozilla Stumbler
- Roadmap in Trello
- Coming Monday would’ve been funnel review… thoughts on some folks meeting up to do this live at some point in PDX?
- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 99998
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room