- Who’s taking minutes? -> mcsmurf
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug)
We should assign people to the open items.
- http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/ has not been updated since November 2012, the last version listed is 2.14 (bug 956561); move blog to blog.mozilla.org if possible Assigned: mcsmurf.
- bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager
- mcsmurf will look into this
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer has completed the coding. The decision to merge c-c into m-c has been kicked down the road into the next quarter or two.
- Migrating our Linux builders to CentOS 6 bug 795354. Puppetmaster has been updated. Ewong is able to login to these hosts and buildbot is installed. We still need to get everything setup for parity and do some slight tweaks to the puppet config, but we’re pretty close to useable.
- In Progress: 2.28 beta and final will depend on build system working again for Gecko 31.0
- bug 983536 libpango version >= 1.22.0 required on Linux.(should be fixed when bug 795354 is fixed).
- bug 977676 SeaMonkey’s puppet broken due to requirement of ffxbld ldap password.
- bug 943740 is tracking the progress (or lack of one) in building trunk and aurora on Linux & Mac from the downloading user’s POV.
- bug 840426 tracks the buildbot-config and buildbotcustom code changes to support Mock on our linux* slaves.
- bug 853720 tracks the builders not recognizing mozcrash. (Not exactly sure if it’s relevant still, since our builders have been so perma-red for some time; but putting this here just in case.)
- We are perma-orange on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta due to problems with tests
- Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- pymake has been discontinued. We need to install the latest Mozilla-build and tooltool on our windows builders (tracked by bug 1023644 )
- No langpacks since 29th August 2013 on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
Fixed Stuff Since Last Meeting
- bug 1029513 Stop building Venkman because bug 800200 removed JSD1 which Venkman depends on.
- bug 1040939 Fix startup error “Couldn’t load XPCOM” Package sandboxbroker.dll (bug 933947, bug 985252)
- Callek plans to have at least one 2.28 beta as soon as we get the Linux builders up.
- Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey
- This tool goes a little further beyond simply modifying install.rdf – it also identifies a few more other things in the code that are Firefox or Thunderbird specific and attempts to change them. Of course, not all extensions can be ported so easily to SeaMonkey since there’s only so much an automated tool like that can do.
Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey: http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Ratty filed bug 957149 to push an updated version of DOMi to addons.mozilla.org to pick up the latest fixes. Depends on:
- bug 798174 (DOMi2.0.15) DOM Inspector 2.0.15.
- The checklist for a new release is at https://wiki.mozilla.org/DOM_Inspector/Releases/Checklist. IanN says he may take a look at doing this, time permitting.
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Stalled. Needs a kick.
- Fixed since the last meeting:
- notifications/doorhangers not showing: bug 1019583 offline apps, quietly accepting requests
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Our front end Sync UI needs to be updated as the old backend is going away in Gecko/Firefox 31. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly. Tracked in:
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default –disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 34 new, 22 fixed, 11 triaged.
- Low triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- TODO: We will need to update our Sync UI code due to the new Sync API. Also we need to check if we are allowed to create FX accounts from our UI Since the new Sync accounts are FX accounts.[IanN] I’m sure I saw a question about FX accounts and branding.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 780185 – Turn on frame pointers on Nightly builds (–enable-profiling)
- bug 837649 – [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 – Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 918474 – Default Search dropdown doesn’t get refreshed after adding new search engine
- bug 1021370 – Bug 1016622 changed the name of seer to Predictor. browser-prefs.js needs to be changed.
- bug 1029513 – Stop building Venkman because Bug 800200 removes JSD1 which Venkman depends on.
- bug 1037793 – nsSuiteApp.cpp(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘application.ini.h’: No such file or directory
- bug 1039139 – Update buildbotcustom and buildbot-configs with local modifications to sea-master1
- bug 1040225 – Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </rdf:Seq>
- To be Checked-in:
- bug 110904 – attach signature fails silently on bad paths
- bug 840427 – Migrate SeaMonkey builders to using mock
- bug 853720 – After bug 827446, SeaMonkey doesn’t know mozcrash.
- bug 863747 – Add option to disable Location bar history
- bug 902876 – No SeaMonkey langpacks (or localized builds) since 26th July 2013.
- bug 922076 – Switch tests to using moz.build and manifests
- bug 956007 – Remove front end for removed x-user-def font preferences
- bug 1038081 – When reading an attached eml file in a message window, the Reply button doesn’t work.
- Working On:
- bug 507676 – Port |Bug 435804 – Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 1038005 Update en-GB for Gecko 32
- bug 1039004 Port |bug 633773 Use Google’s HTTPS search by default|, |bug 958883 Use HTTPS for Yahoo searches| and search plugin parts of |bug 959576 Create a component to get the list of priority domains| to SeaMonkey
- bug 1039794 Remove unused browser.search.defaulturl entry
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
- bug 1039003 Port |bug 633773 Use Google’s HTTPS search by default|, |bug 958883 Use HTTPS for Yahoo searches| and search plugin parts of |bug 959576 Create a component to get the list of priority domains| to Thunderbird
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.
Fixed on mozilla-central:
- bug 1037981 –enable-xterm-updates stopped working in comm-central.
- bug 1041140 FakeString is badly designed.
Fixed on comm-central:
- bug 553757 SMTP Server dialog doesn’t fit after disabling SSL.
Fixed on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta:
- bug 1009451 TypeError: tabs[i]._preview is undefined.
Fixed on comm-aurora:
- bug 1018256 Fix Save and Change Character Encoding dialog.
Fixed on comm-aurora and comm-beta:
- bug 1016132 Stop mutating the prototype of extApplication.prototype.
- bug 825127 about:memory in Modern includes old CSS version.
- bug 1021615 Customise dialog doesn’t display toolbar style after changing toolbar style preference back to full.
- bug 1018263 Selection list properties dialog doesn’t work properly.
Backed out on comm-aurora and comm-beta:
- bug 970121 URL bar isn’t decoded in some edge cases.
Fixed on comm-beta:
- bug 1020630 Content permission doorhanger/notification doesn’t work.
- bug 233513 Text zoom in composer.
Needs beta approval:
- bug 934492 Adjust the preference panes for the removal of the charset data source.
Still waiting for review:
- bug 970993 Aero Peek rendering issues.
- bug 817295 chrome directory missing in fresh profiles (again).
- bug 973530 Add UI to access the remote debugger preferences.
- bug 1019383 Implement search-engine discovery notification.
- bug 1034203 In about:certerror send the failed channel from the docshell to the Security Exceptions Dialog.
- bug 1035237 The labels in the menulist items for the mail view selector don’t line up vertically.
- bug 1037372 Add speculativeConnect() method to search engines, SeaMonkey part.
- bug 1038290 Update the favicon when the href attribute of link rel=”icon” is changed.
- bug 1040939 Fix startup error “Couldn’t load XPCOM” Package sandboxbroker.dll.
- bug 1040771 Allow about: pages to opt in to IndexedDB optionally specifying a desired origin.
- bug 1040910 Support XHTML in feed titles.
- bug 1041317 Package form.requestAutocomplete components.
- bug 1041327 Record submission event for plugin crashes [notifications].
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Fixed on trunk:
- bug 1019986 Clarify “Don’t Show” label in Desktop Notification bar and doorhanger.
- bug 998787 Rename options in Geolocation doorhanger notification to disambiguate “Don’t Share” vs. “Not Now”.
- bug 1009233 Help on mail account settings for authentication method needs updating.
- bug 1019583 Part 2: Update Offline Web Applications preference pane.
- bug 994093 Provide toggle for Geolocation service (geo.enabled) in Privacy & Security preference pane.
- bug 1025569 Notifications for requests from Offline Web Applications offer beyond-session options in Private Browsing mode.
Interim patch landed on all channels:
- bug 903439 Need a Google API key for Geolocation to work in SeaMonkey (Disable Geolocation service while we are waiting for an API key).
Draft patch posted:
- bug 1032302 8BITMIME keyword ignored in EHLO greeting, BODY=8BITMIME absent in MAIL request for 8-bit transfers. (MailNews)
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
Any other business?
- [Ratty] KaiRo reminded us that we need to grow our contributor community. Perhaps we can get some Engagement experts from Mozilla to give us some suggestions?
- [IanN] might have a chat with some people and see if they can point me in the right direction.
SeaMonkey Meeting Details