Meeting Notes

27-November-2014

Mobile: 2014-11-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Schedule

  • Next merge: 2014-12-01

Topics for This Week

Work Week
Next week we are meeting up in Portland with the rest of Mozilla. Lots of opportunities to chat with your own team, but also with other teams. Go to meetings to learn about 2015 Initiatives. Hack on amazing, cool stuff – not on normal bug work. Leverage the opportunity.
Passwords
We have had a few meetings about new password-related work in Mobile & Desktop & Cloud Services. We are landing some “parity” features in Fennec soon. We are also looking ahead to new features too, including: Password generation, password strength, LoginManager form heuristics and more.
Reading List
In addition to working on client-side features, Mozilla has also started working on a Reading List service that would sync data across platforms – Mobile and Desktop.

Tracking Review

Beta

  • Next Build:
ID Summary Status Assigned to
1049138 crash in VisitNextEdgeBetweenRect NEW Eugen Sawin [:esawin] (esawin)
1050832 OMX Plugin could not be initialized in Android L Preview (Loading OMX Plugin: nullptr) ASSIGNED James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1062758 crash in nsObserverService::RemoveObserver(nsIObserver*, char const*) NEW
1081560 Opening recent tab from awesomescreen with kbd closed results in blank page REOPENED Robert O’Callahan (:roc) (Mozilla Corporation) (roc)
1085742 crash in nsAutoPtr<mozilla::CacheData>* nsTArray_Impl<nsAutoPtr<mozilla::CacheData>, nsTArrayInfallibleAllocator>::AppendElement<mozilla::CacheData*>(mozilla::CacheData* const&) NEW :Ehsan Akhgari (not reading bugmail, needinfo? me!) (ehsan.akhgari)


5 Total;
5 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);

Aurora

  • Next Build:
ID Summary Status Assigned to
936099 We should use new Android 4.4 full-screen modes to draw content underneath the toolbar and status bar NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
987223 No visible H.264 video playback on MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) (Planar 4:2:0 YUV) on Android 4.0 devices NEW Edwin Flores [:eflores] [:edwin] (edwin)
1058160 Specify main activity org.mozilla.fennec.App with a default intent over org.mozilla.search.MainActivity ASSIGNED Nick Alexander :nalexander (nalexander)
1063867 Add telemetry flag for resource-constrained builds NEW
1064669 GooglePlayServicesUtil.isGooglePlayServicesAvailable takes ~212ms during startup REOPENED Wesley Johnston (:wesj) (wjohnston)
1065190 [meta] Improve Android version conditionalization NEW
1071690 WebGL content disappears NEW Robert O’Callahan (:roc) (Mozilla Corporation) (roc)
1072423 Autophone – support split APKs for 2.3/later ASSIGNED Bob Clary [:bc:] (bob)
1073554 Visible seams in webpages while panning NEW Matt Woodrow (:mattwoodrow) (matt.woodrow)
1073772 Releng work for producing two ARMv7 APKs to target different API ranges REOPENED Jordan Lund (:jlund) (jlund)
1074536 Padding for integrated Statusbar overlaps with addressbar when statusbar is hidden NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
1079584 Persist delayed search events on disk ASSIGNED swaroop.rao
1079874 crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.toolbar.BrowserToolbarTabletBase.setButtonEnabled(BrowserToolbarTabletBase.java) NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
1079875 crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.toolbar.BrowserToolbarPhoneBase.<init>(BrowserToolbarPhoneBase.java) NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
1079891 Search widget not available for adding to a Android homescreen on the Android One (and likely other devices); fixed widget size can not fit on the device NEW Wesley Johnston (:wesj) (wjohnston)
1080749 Add nightly jobs for new splitapk Android builders ASSIGNED Jordan Lund (:jlund) (jlund)
1083271 Big regression in taskjs benchmark 2014-10-08 NEW Matt Woodrow (:mattwoodrow) (matt.woodrow)
1089210 Crash without breakpad on windows93.net NEW Milan Sreckovic [:milan] (milan)
1089417 regression: golem.de not rendered correctly NEW David Baron [:dbaron] (UTC-8) (needinfo? for questions) (dbaron)
1090300 crash in mozilla::MediaCodecDataDecoder::DecoderLoop() REOPENED James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1093826 Don’t build GeckoView for resource-constrained builds NEW Nick Alexander :nalexander (nalexander)
1096090 Android Aurora 35 fails to play videos on Asus Memopad NEW James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1097116 Some frames not displayed in short video REOPENED James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1098390 Graphic buffer garbage shown and persists when entering full-screen (video/regular content) in Android 5.0 (Nexus 5) NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
1098421 Aurora stops unexpectedly when trying to launch Search Activity from the widget NEW :Margaret Leibovic (margaret.leibovic)
1100100 Downloaded file can’t be opened from “Downloads” page NEW Wesley Johnston (:wesj) (wjohnston)
1100126 Flickering green screen while playback video in different devices ASSIGNED James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1100361 Could not install/update to latest Nightly on Gingerbread NEW
1100439 Tinted status bar not working in Android 5.0 ASSIGNED Stefan Arentz [:st3fan] (sarentz)


29 Total;
29 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);

Friends of the Mobile Team

Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.

  • Chun-Min Chang fixed bug 1071197 – Ensure user-triggered mouse events are not treated as synthesized

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?
  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

<Read Only>

  • Ironing out a few remaining issues on bug 1097116
  • Trying to get a proof-of-concept standalone MP3 parser coupled with MediaCodec for next week
  • Figuring out why openh264 stuff won’t load

JChen

<Read Only>

Fixed
  • bug 1091758 – Add relative path to filenames in BHR data
  • bug 1101031 – Handle crashes in update service
  • bug 1093098 – crash in org.mozilla.gecko.ANRReporter.requestNativeStack
Working on
  • e10s telemetry
  • bug 1103101 – Start the telemetry module in content processes
  • bug 1103036 – Allow ContentChild to perform tasks on shutdown

GCP

Last week

  • Standalone WebRTC
  • Visible seams bug

Next week

  • Portland

Randall Barker

<Read Only>

Last Week:

Next Week:

  • Work week.
  • Get desktop WebRTC player using new version of standalone WebRTC library.

Eugen Sawin

Last week

  • PTO
  • Janus Proxy
    • Add-on updates (HTTPS PAC, removed deprecated options)
    • Test server serving PAC via HTTPS and HTTP (for compatibility) now

Next week

  • Mochitests for screen orientation locking (having issues with enforcing full screen on Android)
  • bug 1093179 – Page-position on m.diepresse.com not always remembered when navigating back

Brian Nicholson

<Read Only>

  • iOS – Keyboard scrolling implementation
  • iOS – Miscellaneous login view fixes
  • Tiles upload testing

LucasR

Last week

  • bug 1077035 – Thin pixel bar seen in unselected tabs in the new tablet UI
  • bug 1098459 – Remove dead area on the right of “new tab” button
  • bug 1100904 – Implement UI transitions tracker
  • bug 1101784 – Don’t clip to padding in tabs panel grid
  • bug 1102836 – Close button hit area tweaks in tabs panel
  • bug 1073125 – Run trimage on all new_tablet image assets
  • bug 1098433 – Tabs tray on non-7″ tablet looks crowded
  • bug 1100894 – Don’t smooth scroll tab strip when restoring tabs on startup

Next week

  • Bugs tracking Aurora
  • Wrap up new tablet UI v1

liuche

<Read Only>

Highlights:

  • Passwords UI done, writing tests/learning about JavascriptTest!
  • Onboarding

Present:

Past:

Margaret

Highlights:

Past:

Present:

mcomella

<Read Only>

Past

  • New tablet
    • bug 1085487 – Correct new tablet menu bar item alignment
    • bug 1100021 – New tablet toolbar buttons are broken on devices with hardware menu buttons
  • bug 975837 – crash in java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot handle null URLs in enterEditingMode at org.mozilla.gecko.BrowserApp.enterEditingMode(BrowserApp.java)

Present

  • New tablet
    • bug 1020534 – Tablet toolbar icons hard to read on dark lightweight themes
    • bug 1091587 – Improve Private tabs’s empty view layout on new tablet UI
    • bug 1085771 – New tablet UI: LWTheme background should be displayed on tabstrip
  • bug 1085837 – Intermittent testAppMenuPathways | application crashed [None]

Future

  • bug 939350 – Create Python linter wrapper
  • bug 983437 – Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off

rnewman

<Read Only>

  • 4-day weekend! \o/
  • Reading list planning.
  • l10n fixes.
  • Phone screens.
  • Distributions work.
  • Reviews et al, as always.
  • Sync iOS stuff.

Fixed

Working on

nalexander

<Read Only>

Projects for this cycle:

  • Support Firefox Account “locked” status
    • on track — patches have r+ in bug 1080242, testing with rfkelly and the Cloud Services team
  • Migrate legacy Sync 1.1 devices
  • Pushing Synced Tabs home panel through Aurora bug remotetabsv2
    • color fixes landed
    • antlam wants bug 1071887 so I’m planning to do it (and bug )
  • Starting Reading List sync service
    • no progress
  • Gradle integration
    • landed |mach gradle|
    • improved omnijar rebuilding, much faster
  • buck integration
    • evaluated and rejected in favour of Gradle; planning a blog post to drill into this

Past

Present

Martyn Haigh

Past:

  • Lost and found my voice – hurrah.

Present:

Stefan

  • iOS Work: Sharing functionality is pretty much finished. Last bits need to be merged in and we have some small bugs.
  • First (tiny) Fennec patch: 1100439 – Tinted status bar not working in Android 5.0

Started two ‘iOS Feasability Research’ documents:

Rest of this week:

  • Finish that Fennec patch and find another started bug (suggestions?)
  • Continue with iOS work. Not sure what part yet other than the small bugs in the Sharing extensions.

BLassey

Fixed

Working on

Antlam

  • Past
    • Tablet V1 bugs
    • A lot of Search work
    • 105 UX work and meetings
    • Onboarding sync up
    • Sending/saving tabs story boarding
  • Upcoming
    • Onboarding meeting with Arcadio
    • Passwords project
    • More Search
    • More 105
    • FENNEC TEAM needs gear!
    • bug 1058818: Doorhangers need love
    • PORTLAND
    • PTO week after Mozlandia!

Robin

One Oh Fiver goodness:
105 tap-prototype — constantly updating prototype.

Intern interviews.

Machine is on the fritz. Just setting up a loaner.

Darrin

  • Contiuned my 105 Design Document (https://people.mozilla.org/~dhenein/mobile/105/)
  • Started sketching and prototyping some navigation ideas, looking at content hierarchy and flow
  • Some good initial discussions with Chronicle people and how it relates to mobile
  • Readling list meetings
  • Lots of interviews + covering for Sevaan/Hello (he is PTO)
  • Transition stuff

QA

Garvan

Feature Focus

  • Roadmap in Trello
  • Coming Monday would’ve been funnel review… thoughts on some folks meeting up to do this live at some point in PDX?

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
  • Dial-in: conference# 99998
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 99998
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 99998
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 99998
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 99998
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 99998
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 99998
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 99998
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 99998
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Mobile Vidyo Room

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Planning: 2014-11-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Schedule & Progress onUpcoming Releases (Lukas/Sylvestre/Lawrence)

  • 34 Desktop
    • 34.0 RC ships to Beta today
    • 34.0.5 RC ships to Beta on Friday
  • merge from m-c -> m-a and m-a -> m-b happening on Friday
  • 35 beta1 scheduled to ship Thu, Dec 4
  • 36 Aurora updates scheduled to be re-enabled on Fri, Dec 5

Developer Tools (Jeff)

  • Outbound
    • Dev Edition: 257,964 Downloads, 399,964 Installs
    • Actual toolbox usage has spiked past Beta in week two, we have ‘heavier’ users spending more time in the tools.
  • Landings

Insights

Worth a Read

Notes


Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

26-November-2014

SeaMonkey: 2014-11-25

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> TBD
  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
    • TBD

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug)
We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

  • bug 1081726 Donation link on website needs to be change to point to SeaMonkey Paypal donation page — The SeaMonkey specific donation page on www.mozilla.org went missing some time ago and won’t be back – at least in that specific form. While waiting for Mozilla to sort out its problems we need something that works for us presently. Will be fixed by this week. Assigned to mcsmurf.
  • (bug 956561); move blog to blog.mozilla.org. [DONE]
    • mcsmurf has completed the new design but hasn’t published it yet.
    • Some progress with the SSL certificate issue. With the certificate, things would work easier as mcsmurf wants to sync the blog with Facebook entries.
  • bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager
    • mcsmurf says he has a short term workaround for this.
  • bug 1057920 SeaMonkey’s CVS dependency really should be removed. (currently used only for Releng Automation, and SeaMonkey Website).
    • IanN will create a separate bug for the releng automation stuff and will find out what is required to get the work done.

CLOSED

Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree

  • Buildmaster is up and running, and produces en-US builds, see 9/16 meeting’s Friends of the Fish Tank. Builds and langpacks in 18 languages including en-US are available unofficially thanks to A.Kalla.
  • bug 1083689 Langpacks aren’t updated when auto-updating SeaMonkey. The langpacks need strict versioning e.g. min 2.30 max 2.30.* which makes sense since you don’t want 2.29 strings with 2.30. This is possibly a build config problem so we should check with Callek, ewong, or KaiRo.
    • The de and en-GB langpacks for 2.30 have:
      <em:minVersion>2.30</em:minVersion><em:maxVersion>2.*</em:maxVersion>
      2.22 had:
      <em:minVersion>2.22</em:minVersion><em:maxVersion>2.22.*</em:maxVersion>
  • Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
  • [25th November 2014]
    • Infrastructure issues
      • linux64 systems are still plagued by bug 1058385. Regular AWOLing. Currently 2 slaves are up.(-5 and -6)
      • NB: Currently the miscellaneous patches to fix the RelEng infra (tooltool et.al) are all applied to the master directly. Once reviewed, the patches will be pushed to their corresponding repositories and the master will be updated properly.
      • NB2: None of the test bustages are listed. Priority is currently set to get the builds running properly.
      • On mozilla-central a win64 change has landed recently and switching to VS2013. SeaMonkey Windows builders are running Vista and VS 2013 has a minimum requirement of Windows 7.
    • [comm-central]
      • WinNT busted : bug 1094097 – fallout from bug 1076020. Have patch. Needs landing on the mozilla/angle github repository.
      • l10n nightly/dep builds busted : bug 1073327 Fix waiting review.
      • blocklist update bustage : bug 1074572 Fix waiting review.
    • [comm-aurora]
  • See RelEng page for the RelEng status history.
  • In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.

Release Train

  • SeaMonkey 2.31 Beta 2 yet to be scheduled.
  • Merge day: 28 November 2014. (custom schedule)
  • Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling

Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking

  • Flashblock is broken on Firefox and SeaMonkey (for 2.31, bug 1052480), regression from bug 1050049.
  • The Thunderbird team is planning to ship Lightning with Thunderbird. IanN thinks we will want to ship lightning too. We should coordinate with Thunderbird.
  • Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey
  • This tool goes a little further beyond simply modifying install.rdf – it also identifies a few more other things in the code that are Firefox or Thunderbird specific and attempts to change them. Of course, not all extensions can be ported so easily to SeaMonkey since there’s only so much an automated tool like that can do.

    Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey: http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/

  • Proposed replacement for Venkman for shipping with SeaMonkey: Tiny JavaScript Debugger
    • TinyJSD is a JavaScript debugger for privileged code running Mozilla products like Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey. It serves to debug the application as well as extensions written in JavaScript. Can we ship this as a replacement for Venkman? The licence it uses is MPL 1.1.
  • Addon SDK: Mostly fixed. The largest remaining stumbling block is the hard dependency on (the Firefox) CustomizableUI.jsm which is used by SDK UI modules like button and toolbar. But see also Replace deprecated sdk/widget, without using toolbar from Australis
    You can fork the widget module and publish it on npm and try to support it. Just copy and paste it to a new module, remove the deprecation warnings, and publish that on npm, and start using it with jpm

  • See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
  • Addon Compatibility Listings
  • Ratty filed bug 957149 to push an updated version of DOMi to addons.mozilla.org to pick up the latest fixes. Depends on:
  • Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506

2.x (Last, Current, Next)

2.30

open tracking (0)
tracking requests (3)
targeted (0)
fixed (8)

2.Next

  • Stalled. Needs a kick.
    • bug 815954 Click-to-Play: Port bug 812562 (click-to-play blocklisted plugins: reshow urlbar notification as with normal click-to-play).
    • bug 476108 GetShortPathNameW fails under some NTFS junctions [patchlove].
  • Current breakages:
    • bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager needs an owner
    • bug 995737 adapt seamonkey for the address book remote content policy change; use permission manager instead of address book property.
  • Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
    • Our front end Sync UI needs to be updated as the old backend is going away in Gecko/Firefox 31. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly. Tracked in:
      • bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager.
      • bug 1003434 Add support for about:sync-progress.
    • A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
    • bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
      • bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
    • bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
      • MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
    • bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
      • bug 795354 Migrate SeaMonkey Linux builders to CentOS 6.
    • bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
      • bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
    • bug 825588 Asynchronous JavaScript API for downloads and bug 851471 Decommission nsIDownloadManager. Tracked in:
      • bug 888915 Move SeaMonkey to the new JavaScript API for downloads when nsIDownloadManager is decommissioned.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 32 new, 17 fixed, 5 triaged.

  • Low triaging effort, average number of new bugs filed.
  • IanN thinks it would be useful to remind people on the newsgroups / forums that they can contribute by triaging. Tonymec will post a reminder to newsgroups / forums. See bug 1092632 (Sm_tri_HowTo) Document how to triage SeaMonkey bugs.

Open reviews/flags:
25 review
5 super-review
3 ui-review
5 feedback

  • See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
  • TODO: We will need to update our Sync UI code due to the new Sync API. Also we need to check if we are allowed to create FX accounts from our UI Since the new Sync accounts are FX accounts.[IanN] I’m sure I saw a question about FX accounts and branding. Callek was going to ask about being able to use Firefox accounts.

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

ewong

  • checked-in:
    • bug 1102599 -Port relevant parts of |Bug 704320 – Add referrer policy support for nsIWebBrowserPersist and its consumers. | to SeaMonkey
  • review:
    • bug 1099585 – Make JS callers of ios.newChannel call ios.newChannel2 in suite/

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
  • Fixed:
  • Fixed for c-c:
  • Fixed for m-c:
  • Fixed for m-i:
  • Pending check in:
    • bug 1096117 Port |bug 1094584 – XPCOMBinaryComponents lose their fake.exp between first and second PGO links| to c-c
  • Checked in pending review:
  • Waiting for feedback/review/information:
  • Fixing review comments before checkin:
    • bug 757230 When using add button for permissions in Data Manager set a displayHost
    • bug 798147 Switch to correct pref pane if pref window already open
  • Working on:
    • bug 1051642 Allow for flat chrome format when packaging extensions
    • bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
    • Various SM Council documents.
    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
    • bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
    • bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
    • File/Folder selection in windows.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
    • Prefs-in-a-tab.
    • Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
    • Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.

Neil

Checked in:

  • bug 1078740 Add tracking controls to security notification bar.
  • bug 1101978 Deal with removal of the plugin finder service (string removals).

Checked in, needs comm-aurora and comm-beta uplift:

  • bug 1061990 Cache size does not update after clearing cache.
  • bug 1101978 Deal with removal of the plugin finder service (branch-safe patch).

Checked in to comm-aurora:

  • bug 1073968 No compact menulists in the Modern theme.

Checked in to mozilla-central, mozilla-aurora and mozilla-beta:

  • bug 1102855 Use of uninitialised variable in nsWindow.cpp (breaks full screen mode).

Checked in to mozilla-aurora and mozilla-beta:

Still needs checkin:

  • bug 870556 Try to improve performance of the IMAP download queue.

Working on:

  • bug 1101978 Deal with removal of the plugin finder service (string tweaks).

Still waiting for review:

Ratty

Bustage fix checked-in. Waiting for post landing review:

Checked-in (from previous meeting notes):

  • bug 752331 Define TopLevelImageDocument.css and TopLevelVideoDocument.css for SeaMonkey themes.
  • bug 917563 Convert abSelectAddressesDialog.xul from a <window class=”dialog”> to a <dialog>
  • bug 1077465 readFromClipboard() |dataLen.value / 2| isn’t safe.
  • bug 1081739 Creative Commons search plugin no longer works and should be removed.
  • bug 1088748 SeaMonkey part for Add newChannel2 to nsIProtocolHandler (bug 1067471) and Extend NewChannel() with loadinfo argument in nsIAboutModule (bug 1067468).
  • bug 1088767 Error: Failed to open input source ‘chrome://branding/content/icon32.png’ = NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
  • bug 1089186 Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_MODIFY_PROP_ON_WN: Cannot modify properties of a WrappedNative Source file: chrome://communicator/content/history/treeView.js.
  • bug 1091126 Use the toolkit printPreviewBindings.xml instead of ours.

Fixed:

  • bug 917232 Replace use of obsolete dialogOverlay.js, in SeaMonkey.
  • bug 1083785 All fields in the Mailing list editor dialog are empty. Regression caused by Thunderbird bug 1061648.
  • bug 1091126 Use the toolkit printPreviewBindings.xml instead of ours.
  • bug 1092811 Print Preview not working in Thunderbird and SeaMonkey since bug 1082575.
  • bug 1092826 Cu. and Ci. is undefined errors in PrintUtils since bug 1082575 (regression).
  • bug 1094694 SeaMonkey changes needed due to the web installer interfaces now using browsers instead of DOM windows
    • Plus pushed typo fix to comm-aurora and comm-beta.
  • bug 1097534 Cannot disable spelling checker in Composer [comm-beta only: SeaMonkey 2.31b].
  • bug 1103597 ES6 CONST causes loadSubScript(“chrome://messenger/content/pref-mailnews.js”) failed: SyntaxError: const declaration not directly within block.

Working on:

  • bug 640420 Add draggable splitter between urlbar and searchbar.
  • bug 1040910 Support XHTML in feed titles.
  • bug 1097818 Add search suggestions to the DuckDuckGo search engine.

ToDo:
Other stuff:

  • Did some reviews.
  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.
  • Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.

rsx11m

Fixed on trunk:

  • bug 1060852 Expose privacy.trackingprotection.enabled in Privacy preferences and account for removal of Do-Not-Track options.

Provided feedback:

  • bug 1078740 Add tracking controls to security notification bar.

Filed spin-of bugs:

  • bug 1102568 Add a “block again” option to for SSL and tracking-protection notification bars to revoke previously given permissions.
  • bug 1102572 Remove redundant transition effects when changing security notification bar after user action.
  • bug 1102576 Extend help for tracking protection by descriptions for new notification bar and its preference.

Stalled:

  • bug 1032302 8BITMIME keyword ignored in EHLO greeting, BODY=8BITMIME absent in MAIL request for 8-bit transfers. (MailNews)

Other:

  • Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
  • End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.

tonymec

  • ASSIGNED
    • bug 1092632 (Sm_tri_HowTo) Document how to triage SeaMonkey bugs
      • Stalled, waiting for review (Ratty, or please assign another reviewer)
      • WIP is at User:Tonymec/Triage_HowTo
      • Announced in mozilla.support.seamonkey newsgroup on 2014-11-24 06:24 UTC under the title “How To Triage SeaMonkey Bugs”
      • Final location not yet decided. Code will need rewriting if not at a Wikimedia site.

Any other business?


SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Mozilla Platform: 2014-11-25

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Need To Know

(Release and system issues that may impact engineering this week.)

Notices/Schedule (lmandel)

Next Merge: November 30, 2014 Next Release: December 1, 2014
Trains
Central: 36 Aurora: 35 Beta: 34 Release: 33
  • 34.0 Desktop RC build1 yesterday has a few outstanding issues so…
  • 34.0 Desktop RC build2 gtb today
  • 34.0.5 Desktop RC gtb as soon as we have the search information we need

34 Mobile:

  • 34.0 Mobile RC build done! Just waiting for release day.
  • 34 betas are done. Only request tracking if you have a stop ship bug or want to consider a bug for a ride-along in a point release (if we have one)
  • Firefox 34 scheduled to release on Mon, Dec 1.
  • Reminder that the merge is taking place this Fri, Nov 28

Next beta:

  • Firefox 35 beta1 ships Dec 4

Work week sessions:

  • Also looking to schedule time to speak with each team about our release process.

Build Changes (gps)

(Build changes of which engineers should be aware.)

RelEng (catlee)

(Repo, test, and other information for engineers from the release engineering team.)

Upcoming Outages/Upgrades

(System outages/upgrades and tree closures that impact engineering.)

Quality Programs

(An opportunity to hear about status with the various quality programs that do not have a formal team structure.)

OrangeFactor (ryanvm)

<Read Only>

  • Past week’s OrangeFactor: 2.66 (last week: 2.33).
    • Something’s wrong with these numbers. Investigating.
  • 26 intermittent failures marked as fixed in the last week – List – Thanks!.
    • Thanks to Dave Townsend (:Mossop) for fixing some frequent and long-standing Addon Manager oranges

MemShrink (njn)

<Read Only>

Stability (kairo)

<Read Only>

  • Overall numbers are looking good except desktop Nightly, which is on a down trend as well.

Team Stand-ups

(In <2 mins, what did your team accomplish last week, on what is your team working on this week, and on what, if anything, is your team blocked? No questions during the stand-ups. All questions should be asked during the roundtable.)

Electrolysis (e10s) (blassey)

1. What has your team done since last week that might impact others?

  • bug 1101193e10s has temporarily been disabled for this week, the last week of Nightly 36, to shake out any non-e10s regressions before the Nightly/Aurora 36 merge date.
  • bug 972507 – BugzillaJS add-on now works with e10s
  • bug 1058251 – “File > Save Page As” works with e10s
  • bug 1008435 – Gecko Profiler now works with e10s

2. What will your team do this week that might impact others?

  • e10s will be reenabled by default next week for Nightly 37.

Firefox Mobile (snorp/blassey/mfinkle)

  • MP3 audio playback on Android L

Layout (jet/dbaron)

<Read Only>

1. What has your team done since last week that might impact others?

  • Landed display:contents
  • Bug 1074528 – Implement parsing/computing of inset()

2. What will your team do this week that might impact others?

  • Portland!

Media (mreavy)

<Read Only>

  • Fixes to Block & Cancel done and uplifted
  • Rooms on Aurora should be enabled tonight

Necko (dougt/jduell)

  • Looking into the HTTPS/TLS feature set of our new search partners: short answer is they’re behind Google on some issues.
  • figured out why our patch fails on B2G emulator

Performance (vladan)

1. What has your team done since last week that might impact others?

2. What will your team do this week that might impact others?

  • Portland: Roberto will hold a tutorial on analyzing Telemetry data using Spark, a much faster way to do custom analyses of large amounts of Telemetry data
    • Date & location will be posted on m.d.platform
  • bug 1076775: Working on removing jank from the new “Forget History button” feature

Roundtable

(Comments and questions that arise during the course of the meeting or otherwise do not have a section.)

<Read only beyond this point>

Mailing List Threads

(Threads that are likely to be of interest to engineering from various mailing lists.)

Good Reads

(Links to blog posts, books, videos, etc. that you think will be of interest to others.)

irc #planning Log From This Meeting



Engineering Meeting Details

  • Tuesday 2014-11-2511:00 am Pacific Standard Time
  • Dial-in: conference# 98411
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 98411
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 98411
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 98411
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 98411
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 98411
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 98411
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 98411
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 98411
  • Engineering Vidyo Room / Air Mozilla / MTV Alien Nation / TOR Finch / SFO Warfield / PDX Hair of the Dog
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel

25-November-2014

Mozilla Project: 2014-11-24

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

All-hands Status Meeting Agenda

Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.

Friends of Mozilla

  • A big THANK YOU to all localizers on MDN. We started the year with 4 locales 100% translated; now we have 11 and several more very close! This represents a huge amount of work localizing the open web’s documentation. Feel free to help them.
  • Thank you to VP7, Nino, Gio, and shoewilliam for their help with the cross-platform testing of Marketplace apps on desktop!

Upcoming Events

Tuesday, 25 November

  • Apps and Marketplace Day will be 1-5pm in the Portland Hilton, Pavilion Ballroom West. If you are at the coincident work week, please join us to find out everything that’s happening with Firefox Marketplace and Open Web Apps!

Saturday, 29 November

  • JSCONF Argentina in Buenos Aires on Nov 29th
    • Andreas Gal is the keynote speaker of this first JSConf to be organized in Latin America.
    • A pre-event workshop to showcase the Dev Browser Edition to the local programer community is organized by Mozillian Guillermo Movia and his team, Felipe and Pablo.

Sunday, 30 November

Project Status Updates (voice updates)

Firefox

Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)

  • FF10 launch check in
  • Search changes

Firefox OS

Speaker Location: MTV (Asa)

  • Over the last two weeks, we’ve seen 360 patches from 197 Mozillians with 7 first time OS contributors.
  • Flame Phone Updates
    • Two weeks ago our Flame partner shipped Firefox 2.0 for the Flame with an over-the-air-update.
    • Large shipment of Flames arrived in MTV on Friday. If you’ve reached out to me with a request for a Flame or I’ve offered to send you one, expect to get a shipping notice in the next couple of days. If you’re in MTV, you can swing by my desk to pick up your device. I will try to bring a batch to Portland for folks wanting to avoid shipping.
    • As soon as we have our first Foxtrot builds (we’re working with our Flame partner on this) I’ll be flashing those to the 200 Foxtrot Flames and shipping those out.
  • Interesting New Features & Fixes
    • 1081731 – Add private browsing to Firefox OS in Gaia
    • 1020847 – Support handwriting for Simplified Chinese
    • 1082675 – Enable app-grouping by default
    • 1095727 – Tweak fling curving prefs
    • 1066888 – Overscroll physics improvements
    • 1092104 – The first level Settings menu items should never be disabled
    • 1092888 – Enable selection carets for non-editable fields

CTO Update

Speaker Location

Speakers

Presenter Title Topic Location Share? Media More Details
Who Are You? What Do You Do? What are you going to talk about? Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space) Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info) Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen Link to where audience can find out more information
Azita Rashed / Dave Herman CTO Office Updates from the CTO Mountain View and Remote No N/A N/A
Andrea Wood Fundraising Updates on our end-of-year fundraising efforts plus Official Mozilla Gear (PDF of presentation here) Remote Yes NA https://wiki.mozilla.org/Foundation/EOY
Dave Steer Advocacy Help us recruit Open Web Fellows! San Francisco Yes NA advocacy.mozilla.org
Michael Huang Firefox OS Firefox OS Zen Launch in India would like to share a Video only No https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlx5rxne6o286v1/FoxNews-001%20v2.mp4?dl=0 N/A
Chris Riley Public Policy Net Neutrality San Francisco No NA https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/

Roundtable

Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we’ll do our best to get you an answer.

Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!

Who are you? Area of question Question
What’s your name? What do you work on? Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc. What would you like to know?

Welcome!

Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.

Introducing New Volunteers

New Volunteer(s) Introduced by Speaker location New Volunteer location Will be working on
Who is the new volunteer(s)? Who will be introducing that person? Where is the introducer? Where is the new person based? What will the new person be doing?

Introducing New Hires

New Hire Introduced by Speaker location New Hire location Will be working on
Andrea Rice Andreas Gal Mountain View Mountain View Executive Assistant to CTO

<meta>

Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.

Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)

Cloud Services

  • Content Services Housekeeping
    • Preparing for Portland Work Week
  • User Personalization (UP)
    • The Interest Dashboard has been live for 2 weeks.
    • We’re continuing to develop and would love your feedback. Please send them to up-feedback@mozilla.com
  • Tiles
    • Tiles are live in 25 countries right now
    • Mozilla Foundation launched their fundraising tile last week (Support Mozilla)
    • Brown Bag for Community Tiles will be scheduled today, details to be announced next week

Engagement


  • Dial-in: conference# 8600
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600

20-November-2014

Mobile: 2014-11-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Schedule

  • Next merge: 2014-12-01 (*updated*)

Topics for This Week

Tablet UI
The new Tablet UI is enabled by default. Lucas made a small tweak to silence a Talos checkerboarding test. Lucas and William looked into using eideticker to verify if the Talos failure, but eideticker currently is phone-only. We might just do some manual subjective testing before reverting Lucas’ tweak.
Video and Lollipop
Snorp has uplifted a set of patches to Fx34 that should enable video and MP4 audio support on Lollipop. MP3 audio is still broken.

Tracking Review

Beta

  • Next Build:
ID Summary Status Assigned to
1049138 crash in VisitNextEdgeBetweenRect NEW Eugen Sawin [:esawin] (esawin)
1050832 OMX Plugin could not be initialized in Android L Preview (Loading OMX Plugin: nullptr) ASSIGNED James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1062758 crash in nsObserverService::RemoveObserver(nsIObserver*, char const*) NEW
1081560 Opening recent tab from awesomescreen with kbd closed results in blank page REOPENED Robert O’Callahan (:roc) (Mozilla Corporation) (roc)
1085742 crash in nsAutoPtr<mozilla::CacheData>* nsTArray_Impl<nsAutoPtr<mozilla::CacheData>, nsTArrayInfallibleAllocator>::AppendElement<mozilla::CacheData*>(mozilla::CacheData* const&) NEW :Ehsan Akhgari (not reading bugmail, needinfo? me!, PTO 11/3-11/21) (ehsan.akhgari)
1086723 Problems with fixed position element on forbes.com NEW :kip (Kearwood Gilbert) (kgilbert)


6 Total;
6 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);

Aurora

  • Next Build:
ID Summary Status Assigned to
936099 We should use new Android 4.4 full-screen modes to draw content underneath the toolbar and status bar NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
987223 No visible H.264 video playback on MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) (Planar 4:2:0 YUV) NEW Edwin Flores [:eflores] [:edwin] (edwin)
1058160 Specify main activity org.mozilla.fennec.App with a default intent over org.mozilla.search.MainActivity ASSIGNED Nick Alexander :nalexander (nalexander)
1064669 GooglePlayServicesUtil.isGooglePlayServicesAvailable takes ~212ms during startup REOPENED Wesley Johnston (:wesj) (wjohnston)
1070139 URL bar action items rolled into menu when they shouldn’t be NEW Brian Nicholson (:bnicholson) (bnicholson)
1071690 WebGL content disappears NEW Robert O’Callahan (:roc) (Mozilla Corporation) (roc)
1073554 Visible seams in webpages while panning NEW Matt Woodrow (:mattwoodrow) (matt.woodrow)
1074536 Padding for integrated Statusbar overlaps with addressbar when statusbar is hidden NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
1079584 Persist delayed search events on disk ASSIGNED swaroop.rao
1079874 crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.toolbar.BrowserToolbarTabletBase.setButtonEnabled(BrowserToolbarTabletBase.java) NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
1079875 crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.toolbar.BrowserToolbarPhoneBase.<init>(BrowserToolbarPhoneBase.java) NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
1079891 Search widget not available for adding to a Android homescreen on the Android One (and likely other devices); fixed widget size can not fit on the device NEW Wesley Johnston (:wesj) (wjohnston)
1083271 Big regression in taskjs benchmark 2014-10-08 NEW Matt Woodrow (:mattwoodrow) (matt.woodrow)
1089210 Crash without breakpad on windows93.net NEW Milan Sreckovic [:milan] (milan)
1089417 regression: golem.de not rendered correctly NEW David Baron [:dbaron] (UTC-8) (needinfo? for questions) (dbaron)
1090300 crash in mozilla::MediaCodecDataDecoder::DecoderLoop() REOPENED James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1091597 crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException: at android.media.MediaCodec.getBuffers(Native Method) ASSIGNED James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1097116 Some frames not displayed in short video REOPENED James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1098096 Overscroll glow not working on Android L NEW James Willcox (:snorp) (jwillcox@mozilla.com) (snorp)
1098390 Graphic buffer garbage shown and persists when entering full-screen (video/regular content) in Android 5.0 (Nexus 5) NEW Lucas Rocha (:lucasr) (lucasr.at.mozilla)
1098421 Aurora stops unexpectedly when trying to launch Search Activity from the widget NEW :Margaret Leibovic (margaret.leibovic)


21 Total;
21 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);

Friends of the Mobile Team

Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.

  • vivek fixed bug 1093209 – Handle “go back” session history menu Fringe cases and bug 1087673 – Enable tab history menu haptic feedback
  • ckitching fixed bug 1098082 – Merge identical catch branches
  • Marco Zehe, Max Li, and Frédéric Wang helped report and fix some accessibility issues (bug 966904, bug 919279)

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?
  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

  • Enabled MediaCodec in 34 for Android L once again
  • Fixing up more MediaCodec issues (bug 1097116)

Alan K. (ack)

  • standalone webrtc, data channel refactoring
  • mozshare discussions
  • filer meetup (Wednesday)

JChen

<Read Only>

Past week
  • Back from PTO
Fixed
Working on
  • Starting work on e10s telemetry

GCP

Last week

  • SafeBrowsing error handling
  • Tooling updates (Gmail, MSVC)
  • Fiddling with standalone WebRTC

Next week

  • bug 1101651 Enable WebRTC unit tests to be built using standalone WebRTC library
  • WebRTC sandboxing start

Randall Barker

<Read Only>

Last Week:

  • Posted patch for bug 1097804 – Create a library containing nsISocketTransportService and nsIDNS that can be used to support standalone WebRTC
  • Started working on bug 1101651 Enable WebRTC unit tests to be built using standalone WebRTC library

Next Week:

  • Continue working on bug 1101651 Enable WebRTC unit tests to be built using standalone WebRTC library

Eugen Sawin

Last week

  • bug 1089260 – crash in java.lang.Exception: Error loading gecko libraries at org.mozilla.gecko.mozglue.GeckoLoader.loadGeckoLibsNative
  • bug 1101583 – Remove unused variables in mozglue
  • bug 1093179 – Page-position on m.diepresse.com not always remembered when navigating back
  • bug ??? – Tests for screen orientation locking
  • Janus Proxy
    • Switched to experimental branch (based on graphicsmagick)
    • Fixed GZip settings (now configurable)
    • Prepared for transition phase serving PAC through HTTP (old) and HTTPS (new)

Next week

  • (continuing) bug 1093179 – Page-position on m.diepresse.com not always remembered when navigating back
  • (land) bug ??? – Tests for screen orientation locking
  • Janus Proxy
    • Add-on update (HTTPS PAC)

Brian Nicholson

<Read Only>

WesJ

<Read Only>

  • iOS work
    • Making the settings page work for panel management
    • Favicon downloads/caching
    • Writing a general memory and disk cache

LucasR

Last week

  • bug 1097913 – Use quicker interpolator in tab strip animations
  • bug 1097931 – Don’t clip to padding in top sites grid
  • bug 1097986 – Update curve shape to account for vertical break
  • bug 1098240 – Use hw layers in tab strip animations
  • bug 1055604 – Avoid showing an empty tab strip on startup
  • bug 1098245 – Experiment: Avoid cropping tab curve when selected tab is partially visible
  • bug 1098459 – Remove dead area on the left of “new tab” button
  • bug 1100894 – Don’t smooth scroll tab strip when restoring tabs on startup
  • bug 1100897 – Duplicate RESTORED tab event on startup when “always restore tabs” is on
  • bug 1100904 – Implement UI transitions tracker

Next week

  • bug 936849 – Tablet tabs tray seems to get stuck in some kind of selection mode
  • bug 1097318 – Fix talos regression when new tablet UI is enabled
  • bug 1098390 – Graphic buffer garbage shown and persists when entering full-screen (video/regular content) in Android 5.0 (Nexus 5)

liuche

<Read Only>

Highlights:

  • Onboarding discussions with antlam and gemma
  • Passwords basic read-only UI + getting parity

Present:

Margaret

<Read Only>

Highlights:

  • Use correct default search engine in search activity – bug 1091728 (and some other small search activity bugs)
  • Trying to land some Readability tests – bug 786638
  • Intern phone screens

Past:

Present:

mcomella

<Read Only>

Past

  • bug 1078508 – Design and implement doorhanger for unidentified security state

Present

  • New tablet
    • bug 1020534 – Tablet toolbar icons hard to read on dark lightweight themes
    • bug 1085487 – Correct new tablet menu bar item alignment
    • bug 1091587 – Improve Private tabs’s empty view layout on new tablet UI
    • bug 1085771 – New tablet UI: LWTheme background should be displayed on tabstrip
  • bug 975837 – crash in java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot handle null URLs in enterEditingMode at org.mozilla.gecko.BrowserApp.enterEditingMode(BrowserApp.java)
  • bug 1085837 – Intermittent testAppMenuPathways | application crashed [None]

Future

  • bug 939350 – Create Python linter wrapper
  • bug 983437 – Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off

rnewman

  • Sync engine format extensions: clients done on desktop and Android, passwords done but blocked on a merging algorithm that doesn’t suck.
  • Assorted fixes and uplifts.
  • Lots of reviews; two new contributors for Sync, which is neat.
  • Next: passwords, 105 storage layer.

Fixed

Working on

nalexander

<Read Only>

Projects for this cycle:

Past

Present

Martyn Haigh

Past:

Present:

Stefan

<Read Only>

TL;DR – I’ve been mostly working on the iOS project.

  • I have finished the first iteration of the Share UI (screenshot) which I hope to land this week.
  • Currently focussing on getting the final UI changes in for the Send To extension, making it up to date with the latest UI designs. (Includes minor style/flow changes and a new Toast-like UI element). Should land this week.
  • For both Share To and Send To I have only implemented the UI part. Will start a discussion about how to integrate it properly in the Account/AccountManager code that we already have.

BLassey

Fixed

Working on

MFinkle

  • Tweak t.co links to see if we can load external links from Twitter faster (bug 838332)
  • Avoid saving HTTP redirections to the history DB (bug 949104)

Antlam

  • Past
    • bug 1073128: On boarding UX
    • bug 1095640: Tracking protection shield UX w/ Margaret
    • Tablet V1 bugs
    • 105 co-ordination and thinking
    • Reading list/mode UI clean up with Desktop
    • General Android bugs
  • Upcoming
    • Wrapping up Tablet V1!
    • On Boarding meetings and co-ordination
    • bug 1098596: Android L enhancements
    • Sharing/saving tabs co-ordination with Desktop
    • bug 1058818: Doorhanger wrangling

Darrin

Robin

105

  • Storyboards
  • Clickable prototype, finishing up key screens
  • Providing assets for product demos
  • Go over child-friendly browser docs

QA

Garvan

<Read Only>

  • A few last-minute fixes requested for uplift to Aurora
  • Investigating ACRA crash report from Mozilla Stumbler that might translate to one more last minute fix

Feature Focus

  • No updates from me…wading through what I missed last week!
  • Mobile Roadmap
  • New Format in Trello
    • FYI – reordered the columns per suggestion from Deb
  • Changes to status of tracked items that I’ve missed? Please let me know…

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
  • Dial-in: conference# 99998
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 99998
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 99998
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 99998
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 99998
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 99998
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 99998
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 99998
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 99998
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Mobile Vidyo Room

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Planning: 2014-11-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Schedule & Progress onUpcoming Releases (Lukas/Sylvestre/Lawrence)

  • Pushing out 34 by one week for stability reasons
  • Merge day on Friday 11/28
  • Check in with lmandel with any specific questions

Firefox Desktop & Platform (Javaun/Chad/Martin)

Current Releases

Beta (34)

  • MP4/AAC/h264 support is moving to 35 and has been prefed off in 34 on OSX

Nightly (36)

  • The plan is to default e10s off on Monday so we get a few days before the merge to shake out any issues
  • MSE using WebM has landed in nightly prefed on by default on all desktop platforms in nightly.
    • MP4/AAC will be enabled on by default on windows vista, windows 7, windows 8 at some point over the next week.
      • To get the best results for testing, WebM will be turned off on the above windows platforms to force MP4 usage.

Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)

Current Releases

Beta (34)

  • The new MediaCodec based media back end has been uplifted to beta and is in the beta 10 candidate build. Our plan is to ship this to 34 release to fix mp4 video playback for Android L users.

Developer Tools (Jeff)

  • Dev Edition Roundup
    • Feedback: huge increase in submissions to uservoice, ~80 in the last week ( previous average was 7-8 )
    • Outbound: big discussion on mozhacks, reddit and hacker news
    • Telemetry graphs show strong uptick in usage of the devtools in Aurora, echoing downloads and ADI numbers we’ve seen.
    • ‘Beta Doorhanger’ goes live soon (?)
  • Landings

Market Insights from the Market Strategy Team (Kev)

Kev is unavailable this week. Will post to planet and backfill here.


Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

19-November-2014

Thunderbird: 2014-11-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am
   Thunderbird meeting notes 2014-11-18

Previous meetings: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings#Meeting_Notes

Attendees

(partial list)
rkent
florian
wsmwk
jcranmer
mmelin
aceman
theone
clokep
roland

Action items from last meetings

  • wsmwk: Get the Thunderbird 38 bugzilla flag created
    • not heard from standard8

Critical Issues

  • Several critical bugs keeping us from moving from 24 to 31. Please leave these here until they’re confirmed fixed.
    • Frequent POP3 crasher bug 902158 On current aurora and beta?
      • we won’t have data/insight till next week, assuming the relevant builds are built. crash-stats for nightly builds is not useful – direct user testing of the fixed build is required
    • Self-signed certs are having difficulty bug 1036338 SOLVED! REOPENED according to the bug?
    • Auto-complete bugs?bug 1045753 waiting for esr approval bug 1043310 Waiting for review, still
    • Auto-complete improvements (bug 970456, bug 1091675, bug 118624) – some of those could go into esr31
    • bug 1045958TB 31 jp does not display folder pane with OS X

Why are we throttled? Because 1) waiting for TB 31.3, and 2) still hoping for bug 1045958 3) need auto-complete bug approved. Dec 1/2 is now release date.

Upcoming

Round Table

wsmwk

  • got Penelope (pre-OSE eudora) removed from AMO
  • shepherding [1] bug 1045958]]TB 31 jp does not display folder pane with OS X
  • secured potential release drivers
  • “Get Involved” is broken for Thunderbird. TB isn’t offered at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/signup/, and it’s unclear who in Thunderbird gets notified. In contact with

Larissa Shapiro

jcranmer

  • Looking into eliminating the comm-central build system bug 1099430
  • Trying to see if I can get some whines set up to listen for potential TB compat changes (e.g., checking the addon-compat keyword)
  • We have telemetry on Nightly for the first time since TB 28!
  • Irving is working through reviews of bug 998191 \o/

clokep

  • Google Talk does not work on comm-central due to disabling of RC4 SSL ciphers, see bug 1092701
    • Some of the security guys have contacted Googlers, apparently an internal ticket was opened with the XMPP team
  • Filed a bug (with a patch) to have firefoxtree work with comm-central, this will automatically add a tag (called “comm”) to the tip of comm-central bug 1100692 and is useful if you’re playing with bookmarks instead of mq
  • Still haven’t fully been able to get Additional Chat Protocols to compile…(Windows still failing)
  • WebRTC work is waiting for reviews from Florian

mkmelin

  • lots of reviews, queue almost empty, yay!
  • finally landed bug 970456
  • bug 1074125 fixed, plan to handle some of the m-c encoding removals next
  • bug 1074793 fixed, for tb we need to set a pref for it to take affect (bug 1095893 awaiting review)

aceman

  • revived effort on 4GB+ folders together with rkent
  • landed a rewrite of the attachment reminder engine: bug 938829 (NOT for ESR). Please mark regressions against that bug. First one is bug 1099866.

Support team

  • [roland] working on Thunderbird profile article because a new volunteer contributor from the SUMO buddy program rewrote it! will review changes!

Action Items

  • wsmwk: Thunderbird start page for anniversary, with localizations
  • wsmwk: Get Involved, get the “Thunderbird path” operating

Mozilla Platform: 2014-11-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Need To Know

(Release and system issues that may impact engineering this week.)

Notices/Schedule (lmandel)

Next Merge: November 28, 2014 Next Release: December 1, 2014
Trains
Central: 36 Aurora: 35 Beta: 34 Release: 33
  • As announced on dev-planning, Firefox 34 will take an extra week before release
    • CHANGE IN RELEASE DATE: Dec 1/2, 2014
    • CHANGE IN MERGE DATE: Fri, Nov 28, 2014
    • No change to Firefox 35 release date
  • Desktop 34 beta10 ships today
  • Mobile 34 beta10 ships tomorrow
  • FINAL BETA: Desktop/Mobile 34 beta11 gtb on Thursday
  • Some release related work week sessions (e-mail lsblakk for details):
    • Detecting issues earlier in the cycle
    • Mitigation strategies for issues in field that don’t require a point release (think blocklist)
    • Release process/schedule discussion

Build Changes (gps)

(Build changes of which engineers should be aware.)

RelEng (catlee)

(Repo, test, and other information for engineers from the release engineering team.)

Upcoming Outages/Upgrades

(System outages/upgrades and tree closures that impact engineering.)

Quality Programs

(An opportunity to hear about status with the various quality programs that do not have a formal team structure.)

CritSmash (dbolter)

  • We’re doing well on criticals, not great otherwise.

MemShrink (njn)

<Read Only>

areweslimyet.com (AWSY) is broken due to e10s landing. Bug 1100253 is tracking this. There’s a big warning at the top of AWSY so that people don’t freak out too much.

Stability (kairo)

  • Overall numbers look good again except for Nightly (and Android Aurora, which is coming back down after a MediaCodec fix).
    • Nightly issues are mostly e10s and GFX.
    • While there’s some things we probably want to investigate, no firefighting needs on any channels above Nightly atm!
  • Long-term crash rate graphs are now available for Nightly and Aurora in addition to Beta and Release
  • Help needed: bug 1093683 (Yosemite crash when saving files) is rising across channels, needs investigation, if on Apple side, we may need to communicate with them.

Team Stand-ups

(In <2 mins, what did your team accomplish last week, on what is your team working on this week, and on what, if anything, is your team blocked? No questions during the stand-ups. All questions should be asked during the roundtable.)

A*Team (jgriffin)

<Read Only>

–run-by-dir for mochitest-browser-chrome has landed! See bug 1057512. Three tests are currently disabled as a result, we’re working on finding owners and fixing them:

Accessibility (dbolter)

<Read Only>

  • Eitan implemented bug 1069598 gesture quicknav (for Gaia)
  • Trevor is ready for engineering help with our e10s a11y solution (will reach out)
  • W3C land: possibility of element.getComputedRole is being discussed. Essentially this opens the door to accessibility-like DOM API. A downside is it will be a little too easy to instantiate our a11y engine (increases exploit attack surface), upsides include a11y innovation as well as a11y acid tests.

Electrolysis (e10s) (blassey)

  • We may disable e10s on Nightly a few days before the Aurora merge date.

Firefox Mobile (snorp/blassey/mfinkle)

  • Possible uplift of fixes (bug 1086693) and enabling MediaCodec backend on 34 now that we have some more time

GFX (milan)

  • Desktop QA is maintaining a “Top 5″ graphics bugs in Trello that we’re using to prioritize bug fixing. Very convenient.
  • (Still ) chasing some blacklisting opportunities, mostly on AMD now.

Layout (jet/dbaron)

<Read Only>

  • CSS properties “object-fit” & “object-position” have landed (impl: bug 624647, pref-enabled: bug 1099450)
  • Should be enabled in tomorrow’s nightly, depending on inbound merge timing.

Media (mreavy)

<Read Only>

  • Hello problems over the weekend caused by a Push server update
    • Push team figuring out what went wrong and why an update they didn’t intend got included
    • Seems stable now.
  • Fighting a 20fps max issue in B2G 2.1 (regression likely due to bug 848954)
  • Looking to update media/webrtc/trunk either late in 36 or early 37 (more likely) with code shared with Chrome 40
  • Major rewrite of webrtc signaling about to land
    • Moving towards renegotiation and multiple streams
    • bwc++!
  • Mac Support for MP4/h264/AAC switched off in beta and will not release in 34, expected to ship in 35. (bug 1068455‏ and bug 1070703)

Necko (dougt/jduell)

<Read Only>

  • No update this week.

Roundtable

(Comments and questions that arise during the course of the meeting or otherwise do not have a section.)

  • (lmandel) Less sheriff coverage this week. You may want to handle your own landings.

<Read only beyond this point>

Mailing List Threads

(Threads that are likely to be of interest to engineering from various mailing lists.)

Good Reads

(Links to blog posts, books, videos, etc. that you think will be of interest to others.)

irc #planning Log From This Meeting



Engineering Meeting Details

  • Tuesday 2014-11-1811:00 am Pacific Standard Time
  • Dial-in: conference# 98411
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 98411
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 98411
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 98411
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 98411
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 98411
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 98411
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 98411
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 98411
  • Engineering Vidyo Room / Air Mozilla / MTV Alien Nation / TOR Finch / SFO Warfield / PDX Hair of the Dog
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel

18-November-2014

Mozilla Project: 2014-11-17

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

All-hands Status Meeting Agenda

Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.

Friends of Mozilla

  • Thanks to Richard Milewski for launching Air Mozilla access on the Roku platform so people can watch Mozilla events on their home TV screens. (And for open sourcing your bowties to the Mozilla community!)

Upcoming Events

Monday, 17 November

  • (kinda late) Firefox 10th Anniversary Party in Zurich, Switzerland. We’ll have cake too!
  • ApacheCon Europe Nov 17th-21st 2014 in Budapest, Hungary
    • Attending Mozillian Jason Weathersby
    • ApacheCon brings together the open source community to learn about and collaborate on the technologies and projects driving the future of open source, big data and cloud computing.
  • MEF Global Forum Conference Nov 17th-19th in San Francisco, CA
    • Speaker Rick Fant
    • MEF Global Forum is a must-attend international gathering for senior executives who are looking to grow their mobile business and meet potential partners from around the globe. The two-day program also features the Meffy’s, an Awards Gala Dinner, and various networking activities which offers an exciting new perspective and deal-making platform for mobile success.

Tuesday, 18 November

  • MozillaWiki community call: 8:30 AM PST, 16:30 UTC, all are welcome.
  • Learning Resource Directory community call: 13:00 PST (21:00 UTC) via Vidyo (details).
  • Join the Matchstick development team to discuss the concept of the first Firefox OS powered HDMI dongle for TVs, being released in February 2015. Developers will get to see media-casting demonstrations, try out some basic apps, and discuss potential content and gaming opportunities on TVs through paired interactions with Firefox browsers and Firefox OS phones. Event is hosted at San Francisco common area at 4:30 PM. Live stream and archive will be on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/matchstick-developer-meetup/ or on Mozilla’s Roku channel: http://bit.ly/1ohNXgT

Wednesday, 19 November

Be independent with your web browser and your web site.

Create or update your personal site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.

Join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site.

Any questions? See the wiki page for details or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom

  • JSCONF Asia and CSS CONF Asia Nov 19th-21st 2014 in Singapore
    • Mozillian Arky attending
    • CSSConf is an event that wants to bring designers in touch with web implementation and front-end devs closer to the design thinking. It’s a one-track 1day international conference and part of the CSSConf world-wide events series. JSConf is for web developers of all flavors, to educate, inspire and entertain about the technologies and methodologies that make for a greater web experience

Thursday, 20 November

Friday, 21 November

  • NetHui South 2014 Nov 21st-22nd 2014 in Christchurch, New Zealand
    • Mozillian Blair McBride attending/speaking
    • NetHui South 2014 is a 2 day event that serves as a platform to bring together those involved with or interested in Internet issues from all round New Zealand, with a focus on Canterbury and the South Island
  • CODAME ART & TECH Virtual Reality Event Nov 21st 2014 in SF, Mozilla Commons Area
    • Mozillian Josh Carpenter speaking
    • Join hackers and artists at Mozilla San Francisco, as CODAME presents an evening of virtual reality experimentation and education. Be inspired, meet other VR pioneers and see how easy it is to start building your own VR worlds on the open web
  • Codemotion Madrid Nov 21st-22nd 2014. Madrid, Spain.
    • Mozilla Hispano will be there with a Booth and 2 talks related to Firefox OS.
    • One of the biggest techie events in Spain, with more than 2.000 attendees. More info on the website.

Saturday, 22 November

  • Adacamp Bangalore 22nd and 23rd November 2014. Bangalore, India.
    • AdaCamp is a conference dedicated to increasing women’s participation in open technology and culture: open source software, Wikipedia and other wiki-related projects.

Project Status Updates (voice updates)

Firefox

Speaker Location: Johnath (Toronto), then Chris More (Mountain View)

Firefox for Android

Speaker Location: Finkle (remote)

  • New tablet UI is enabled by default on Nightly

Firefox OS

Speaker Location: SF (Jaime Chen)

  • In The News:
    • Africacom, the major mobile technology event for Africa was last week. Rick Fant was highlighted as a speaker at the event.
    • Following up on news of FirefoxOS’s entry into African markets, a lot of press coverage, including coming out from the conference:
      • Quote: “Alcatel is also a partner for Mozilla’s Firefox OS, with the web giant set to bring the platform to Africa and South Africa. When can we expect Firefox phones from Alcatel then? “We are looking at bringing Firefox devices to South Africa in 2015,” Wittman said, with the first devices launching in Q1 2015. The company has four Firefox OS devices in total, but the first wave will see two phones launched in SA, in the form of the Fire C and Fire E. Wittman said the Fire C will have a “sub-R1000″ price tag and the Fire E will have a “sub-R2000″ price-point.”
  • 2.2 Release Update:
    • Dev Start : 2014-11-24 (Gecko 37 will be on m-c and gaia master)
    • Feature Landing Readiness: 2015-02-09
    • Feature Landing : 2015/02/23 (Gecko 38, base for FxOS 2.2 will be on mozilla-aurora and gaia v2.2 branch created)
    • Feature Complete : 2015-04-06 (Gecko 38 moves to mozilla-beta and mozilla-b2g38_v2_2 is created)

Web Compat

Speaker Location: vidyo (miketaylr)

Speakers

Presenter Title Topic Location Share? Media More Details
Who Are You? What Do You Do? What are you going to talk about? Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space) Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info) Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen Link to where audience can find out more information
Armen Zambrano Automation and Tools Engineer A-team’s mission Toronto Please show http://slides.com/armenzg/mozilla_ateam_mission–2/live Live slides Live slides dev.platform survey A-team mission
Christie Koehler Community Building Building a Learning Resource Directory (LRD) Portland No N/A blog post with more details, Learning Resources

Roundtable

Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we’ll do our best to get you an answer.

Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!

Who are you? Area of question Question
What’s your name? What do you work on? Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc. What would you like to know?

Welcome!

Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.

Introducing New Volunteers

New Volunteer(s) Introduced by Speaker location New Volunteer location Will be working on
Who is the new volunteer(s)? Who will be introducing that person? Where is the introducer? Where is the new person based? What will the new person be doing?

Introducing New Hires

New Hire Introduced by Speaker location New Hire location Will be working on
Aaron Meihm Joe Stevensen Mountain View Remote; Canada OpSec
Lynda Acojido Anika Briner Mountain View Mountain View People

<meta>

Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.

Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)

Firefox

Two Device launches Last Week – We’ve now added Russia (Megafon) and Philippines (Cherry Mobile) to the list of countries where FxOS devices are available. Go Team! (See http://nickdesaulniers.github.io/where-is-firefox-os/ ).

Content Services

  • Content Services General
    • About to post our work week schedule and welcome all to attend
  • Tiles
    • Technical posts coming to Advancing Content
    • Post Tiles announcement, we’re monitoring the state of the debate online and will follow up with more communications in the coming weeks

Messaging

  • Thunderbird is preparing for our 10th year anniversary on Dec 7, with a total budget of $200.
  • Thunderbird, as the dominant open-source desktop messaging client, has been approached by Fastmail to implement their JMAP protocol for messaging (a JSON-based replacement for IMAP and ActiveSync), which also has preliminary support from Google and Apple.

Engagement

Events

  • FOSDEM 2015. January 31st to February 2nd. Bruselles, Belgium.
    • Gently reminder: Deadline to submit your proposals: December 1st.
    • We will announce the accepted talks on December 15th.
    • More info on Discourse topic (how to submit the talk, suggested topics, etc).
      • Feel free to reach franc at mozilla dot com for any inquiry.

  • Dial-in: conference# 8600
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress