- Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank TBA
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Need to reward the nominees of the friends of the fish tank from this year!
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- No Windows langpacks since 8th April on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Comment from mcsmurf on this: Not clear what is meant by this, please clarify. xpi/win32/ folders on FTP server look fine. Also file a bug if something needs to be investigated/fixed.
- The Java on Linux bug has been tracked down to being due to our (SM’s) build config. Basically our RelEng team needs to check whether we can switch to linking libstdc++ dynamically, like FF and TB do. See: bug 754622 Oracle/Sun Java jre1.7.0_04 and later does not work in SeaMonkey.
- In the mean time, InvisibleSmiley has added the workaround to the 2.17 and 2.18 release notes.
- Tinderbox is going to be EOLed. We need to move the SeaMonkey tinderboxpushlog off.
- Mostly done now, just a few loose ends.
- Callek has gotten up and running a newer version of TBPL (that doesn’t depend on tinderbox) for testing. This will be deployed eventually to replace the current TBPL code we are running.
- Mcsmurf needs to talk to Callek to see if tbpl can get more memory (some PHP(?) setting?) as sometimes fetching a log fails due to not enough memory (See bug 845844).
- Intermittent issue with Mac OSX64 Debug Leak log comprehension. Issue tracked in bug 774844. Also see possibly related Thunderbird bug 806492.
- Two remaining machines on Parallels are the buildmaster (cb-seamonkey-linuxmaster-01) and Linux64 (cb-seamonkey-linux64-01).
These need to be migrated to ESX. Specifically:
- sea-vm-linux64-1 will replace cb-seamonkey-linux64-01 (and running jobs now).
- sea-master1 will replace the current buildmaster.
- Both our buildmaster and cb-seamonkey-linux64-01 are down due to hardware failure. This means no builds and no releases until they are replaced. After two days of help from DCOps, Callek has decided to cease all recovery operations and concentrate on setting up the puppetmaster to get the ball rolling on getting our new buildmaster out. Therefore, our 2.18b5 and our 2.18 release are cancelled. instead will go directly to the 2.19 series of betas.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed.
- Awaiting puppetmaster fully prepared to instantiate as Linux Mock-Based slaves
- sea-puppet (one of said hp machines) is ready to be configured as a puppet master (bug 827079), needs audit of the manifests and settings creation.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* eventually. Jcrammer is working on this.
- release.mozilla.org does not track the SeaMonkey project anymore (bug 850339) [WONTFIX]. Instead SeaMonkey URLs pointing to releases.mozilla.org have been redirected to ftp.mozilla.org bug 871120.
- bug 865976 Cannot build SeaMonkey on Linux since Bug 842927 (Implement DOM3 KeyboardEvent.key only for non-printable key, first)
- SeaMonkey 2.18b4 shipped May 3.
- Due to hardware failure, SeaMonkey 2.18b5 and SeaMonkey 2.18 are cancelled.
- Instead will go directly to 2.19 series of betas and by the 24th June, the 2.19 final. This means that users of 2.17.1 will be going directly to 2.19.
- If Firefox decides to do a dot release, we might go for a 2.18 later.
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- There are now Lightning versions for both SM 2.17.x (Lightning 2.2b1) and SM 2.18 betas (Lightning 2.3b1) available on AMO.
- Might need to point out in release notes that users needs to install the Lightning beta versions for the SeaMonkey releases (as Lightning follows Thunderbird 17.0.x release schedule)
- Shipped extensions (DOMI, CZ, Venkman) compatibility:
- Extensions are now compatible by default thus mitigating the issue. Although some people still disable c-b-d and run into issues.
- SeaMonkey 2.18 will ship ChatZilla 0.9.90
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- Meanwhile Callek made some changes to the tags that SM pulls (CZ, Venkman, DOMI) for comm-central. See comm-central changeset 347b255c4810.
- Nightly Tester Tools is being actively developed by xabolcs (coder) and whimboo (reviewer) to make it more compatible with comm-central in general and SeaMonkey in particular. See Issues · mozilla/nightlytt · GitHub.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
open tracking (0)
tracking requests (1)
- Current breakages:
- Nothing significant at the moment.
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don’t depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 737615 Remove use of synchronous cache API from unit tests. Tracked in:
- bug 804972 Remove synchronous calls to nsICacheSession::openCacheEntry in SeaMonkey tests.
- Mcsmurf says this is almost fixed but there was a test failure. He will close this bug and open a new one for the failure.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795354 Migrate SeaMonkey Linux builders to CentOS 6.
- bug 794772 Port |Bug 713802 – Build with GIO support (and drop GnomeVFS)|. This is dependent on bug 795354.
- bug 795144 default –disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 839034 move markPageAsXXX methods to nsINavHistoryService. Tracked in:
Feature List, Planning
Private Browsing is now mostly complete and uplifted to 2.18. Most things should work but some edge cases have probably been missed. Hopefully any remaining bugs will be found before its release.
- Testing would be appreciated! Please file bugs as blocking the meta bug 460895.
- We need to figure out if we want a new about:privatebrowsing page which someone will have to write (bug 842439). We also don’t have any help content yet.
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 35 new, 14 fixed, 14 triaged.
- Low-Medium triaging effort.
- bug 847546 Support Retina Display (HiDPI) on SeaMokney on MacOS X.
- Ratty thinks we will need 2x PNGs as well as other changes. See Core Tracking bug 785330 for supporting HiDPI mode (Retina Display) on Mac OS X.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- Ratty suggests featuring one or more bugs from that page at each meeting.
- Featured helpwanted bugs:
Good First Bugs
- Note: The GFB list is open to all including our regular contributors.
- Ratty is working on an updated GFB list, suggestions welcome.
- New GFBs recently added:
- Currently there are 24 GFBs open, 2 are being actively worked on. bug 735333 needs some help getting this running on the try-server. Mcsmurf is assisting.
- List of Open mentored bugs.
- Ratty notes that there are 23 bugs that are GFBs but without the mentor keyword. These need to be audited to see if they are really suitable as GFBs.
- Mentors of stalled bugs should try to communicate with the assignees and if they can’t work on them any more to unassign/free up those bugs.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3.
- bug 817383 SeaMonkey needs new (public) GPG key, in order to support signing releases properly.
- bug 827079 Setup SeaMonkey PuppetMaster.
- bug 827178 Update stage.m.o cron to match recent changes with ffxbld cron.
- bug 845844 Deploy updated tbpl to tbpl.drapostles.org.
- bug 739056 – Port |Bug 715099 – Convert nsProfileMigrator to JS so we can use JS modules on migration| to SeaMonkey
- Working On:
- bug 633937 – Port bug 562048 to suite.
- bug 796994 – Use filepicker’s open() instead of the obsolete show() in /suite/*
- bug 834690 – Port |Bug 569342 – Find bar should not be enabled in about:addons| to SeaMonkey
- bug 834691 – Port |Bug 632233| to SeaMonkey (XULBrowserWindow.onLocationChange looks for a “disablefastfind” attribute in all content documents before ruling them out)
- bug 837649 – [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 – Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- Some testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- bug 757230 When using add button for permissions in Data Manager set a displayHost
- bug 798147 Switch to correct pref pane if pref window already open
- bug 778534 Use image instead of html:img in instant messaging
- Working on:
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.
- Fixed bug 867008 Remove previous calls to PlacesUtils.backups and move them to PlacesBackups (SeaMonkey)
- Fixed bug 864271 Permanent orange: TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | browser_dataman_basics.js | Test timed out
- Fixed bug 863426 Port test fixes from |Bug 854467 – can’t un-set the clicktoplay flag on an nsIPluginTag| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed bug 863672 Port configure.in changes to comm-aurora
- Worked on bug 840474 Clicking on new mail notifcation opens two MailNews windows when no MailNews window is open (new feature disabled for SeaMonkey 2.18 due to this bug)
- Filed bug 868205 Click-to-play pref (plugins.click_to_play) broken in SeaMonkey}}
- Filed bug 869965 New: Background url bar color when vitising a SSL page does not cover the whole url bar
- Filed bug&created patch bug 870290 [SeaMonkey] (perma-orange) TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL test_hang_submit.xul | Test timed out. (Broken plugin crash reporter submit link)
- Filed bug&created patch bug 871291 Replace CSS selector -moz-locale-dir with chromedir selector inside pluginProblem.css
- Created patch for bug 867068 Switch SeaMonkey to new Places async API
- Created patch for bug 798278 Implement multiple plugin doorhanger UI (Port Bug 797677 and Bug 754472)
Waiting for check-in on CLOSED TREE:
- bug 870728 The Geolocation prompt should not offer action in PB mode if the action remembers permission for more than a session.
- Landed on comm-beta (2.18b) a=CLOSED TREE.
- bug 871536 Mitigate clickjacking of about:certerror.
- bug 871541 Remove updateIcon from tabbrowser since it has only one consumer.
- bug 871548 Query params sent when reporting a phishing site could contain sensitive info.
- bug 870413 Implement permission prompt for desktop notifications in SeaMonkey.
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Fixed on trunk:
- bug 867210 Put “Display emoticons as graphics” in a new line.
Fixed on comm-beta:
- bug 849359 Print button is misaligned in the Composer and Message Composition toolbars with the Modern theme.
- bug 868419 Update Help for Mail & News Message Display preference pane.
- bug 868486 Session restore logic appears broken in Browser preference pane.
- bug 868495 Browser main preference pane cut off in Windows 7 with hardware acceleration.
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine
Any other business?
SeaMonkey Meeting Details