- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- The Contributor Engagement team nominates the Mozilla Kenya Community for spreading the awesomeness of Mozilla in East Africa about 10,000 miles away from the Mozilla HQ in Mountain View, and especially Alex Wafula, Hezron Obuchele, Cliff Argwings and Viactor Karanja for their MozTour in Rwanda. More infos here.
- The Apps team nominates Gregory Szorc, Nick Desaulniers, Tracy Walker and Mike Connor for all the hard work over the weekend to land Apps in the Cloud in time for the Aurora merge.
- The MDN team nominates Brian Hill for saving our bacon; he was late to his own birthday party to fix a dark voodoo configuration problem with the MDN wiki on Saturday afternoon.
- Many Mozillians are speaking or attending OSCON in Portland.
- Gecko Layout, Graphics, Media work week in Toronto.
Monday, 16 July
Tuesday, 17 July
Wednesday, 18 July
Startup Office Hours: run any questions about your startup project or idea by @pfinette or @dianeb on IRC > #webfwd from 11am – noon PST (7pm – 8pm UTC).
Brown Bag in San Francisco, 12-1pm PT
“The Future Will Be Made of Screens” by Rachel Binx
- How to create engaging content for different platforms, design products that span mobile, computer, and television.
Thursday, 19 July
Friday, 20 July
Saturday, 21 July
- 2012-07-21 Innovators of the Web Conference at San Francisco, California, United States with
- 2012-07-21 & 22 San Francisco Gigabit Hack Days, July 21-22 at San Francisco, California, United States
For more future events, see:
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Mountain View (gavin)
- Merge day! mozilla-central will be Firefox 17 by end-of-day
- Release day-eve! Firefox 14.0.1 (.0.1 to sync up with Mobile) is scheduled to be out the door tomorrow morning (Pacific time)
- Continuing to work on Social features in Firefox, stay tuned for more updates as the patches land
- Robert Strong has made some progress on creating a stub installer for Firefox, which will be super swell!
Speaker Location: Phone (mfinkle)
- Even though Fx14 for Android is already out, Fx14.0.1 will have a few mobile specific fixes in it.
- Preparing for the Tablet UI release in Fx15.
- Testing on ARMv6 devices continues.
Older Branch Work
- Feature-complete deadline is 7/20. Everyone is heads-down racing to stabilize code and land major feature work by that date.
- Detailed status as of last Friday at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status-7-13
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Title||Presenter||Topic||Media|| More Details|
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|
|Silvio Chiba||Ron Piovesan||Mountain View, CA|| Business Development Manager|
|Holly Habstritt (pronounced hab + street)||Chris More||Mountain View, CA|| Information Architecture and UX design on Websites and Web Apps|
|Jared Hirsch||Ben Adida||Mountain View, CA|| Software Engineer|
|Edward Lim||Justin Dow||Corvallis, OR|| Systems Administrator|
|Bram Pitoyo||Bryan Clark||New Zealand|| Web User Experience Designer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- no releases scheduled
- 2012-07-12 team meeting to discuss webdev’s ability to provide resources for the project
- continued work on testing Kuma migration
- Milestone 16 scheduled to ship on 2012-07-12 – https://wiki.mozilla.org/Socorro:Releases
- Q3 goal of transitioning to a Django implementation – prep for Q4 goal of moving to continuous deployment
- Continuous deployment, no updates
- v1.1 is up on stage, running a full test suite on it before pushing to prod
- Automated tests are running & passing thanks to the team’s hard work
Automation & Tools
- Automation and Tools Goals are live for Q3
- Last week it was a ‘hopefully,’ but this week it is out! Browser Automation Spec is in FPWD
- Got B2G crash reporting wired up, bug 761909. Sample crash report: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/6f54b900-a9f0-468e-9e53-f795a2120716
- Got X-Headers in bugzilla implemented for tracking flag changes (x-bugzilla-tracking) (per a dev.planning thread)
- Next batch of TBPL/OrangeFactor changes: dev.platform post.
- More highlights are here
== Foundation Updates ==