- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- The Contributor Engagement team nominates the Provisional ReMo Council for having guided the ReMo project, including all of the 270 representatives, for more than a year. More infos here.
Monday, 23 July
July Privacy Friends Meeting, 1pm PST in SF Boardroom (Vidyo) and Kung Fu
Tuesday, 24 July
Wednesday, 25 July
Thursday, 26 July
- Grow Mozilla discussion at 10 AM pacific — a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- Please submit your participation proposals for MozCamp Europe by this Thursday.
- For more information on how to submit a participation proposal for MozCamp, please see our wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCampEU2012/ProposedTalks
- Questions? Please email email@example.com or find us on #mozcamp
Friday, 27 July
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Mountain View (johnath)
- SocialAPI still moving fast, more to say soon
- Stub Installer is on track for August, and starting to look lovely
- Dig it: about:config -> plugins.click_to_play
Speaker Location: Mountain View (johnath)
- Holy crap – Fennec Beta has (gorgeous!) tablet support
- Holy crap, we’re also continuing to grow our ARMv6 reach to include Aurora!
- Getting onto the trains, but don’t be surprised by some out-of-train maneuvering for the next few releases
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: Mountain View (Dietrich)
- Feature-complete deadline was on Friday, 7/20. Many UI features and fixes landed, as well as large system parts of Gaia such as Web Activities.
- Platform team landed large pieces of the new permissions model, voicemail APIs, major pan/zoom improvements, and out-of-process support across a bunch of components.
- Members of the Security, Privacy and WebAPI teams met last week in Mountain View to sprint on implementing the permissions and packaging model.
- Members of the Gaia team are in Mountain View from 7/23 – 7/27 to finish some front-end work and sprint on UI polish.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Title||Presenter||Topic||Media|| More Details|
|Director of Creative||John Slater||Attention Photographers: Firefox OS Needs Your Help!||(no slides)|| http://www.intothefuzz.com/attention-photographers-firefox-os-needs-your-help/|
|It’s me again||John Slater||One Mozilla style guide||(no slides)|| tbd|
|User Experience Research||Gregg Lind||Test Pilot Studies: Now Free With Every Release!||http://people.mozilla.com/~glind/all/testpilot_everyrelease.pdf|| https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=776569|
|Recruiting||Michelle Marovich||We’re Hiring!||http://tinyurl.com/c6ma933|| https://intranet.mozilla.org/Recruiting|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|
|Monica Chew||Sid Stamm||Mountain View|| Giving users control over their data!|
|Tauni Oxborrow||Ben Adida||Mountain View|| Project Manager, Identity|
|Paul Sawaya||Ben Adida||Mountain View|| Software Engineer|
|David Scravaglieri||Faramarz Rashed||Mountain View|| Engineering Manager|
|Robert Wood||Malini Das||Toronto,ON|| Automation Developer Mobile Platform|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 2012-07-17 small release to fix a few issues in the admin area
- Got rid of Redis — using memcached directly
- Got rd of Redis — using memcached directly
- Per a meeting this morning with multiple stakeholders, it was decided that James Socol’s team will rewrite the app
- shipped Firefox 14 webpage updates
- Working on TaskBoard requirements
- QA for Kuma launch
- Milestone 16 released on 2012-07-18
- Continuous deployment, no updates
Automation & Tools
- Deployment of Bugzilla 4.2 to BMO being delayed because of issues with search functionality–the magic in some of the advanced searches was removed in 4.2, which actually means that some searches are no longer possible.
- The BMO team is fixing the 4.2 search to allow all the old functionality and make it explicit rather than with some implicit magic.
- HTML mail and a limit on search results are being backported to 4.0 in the mean time.
- xpcshell tests on otoro.
- Three Eideticker machines set up in Toronto for B2G and Fennec testing.
- Try/infra load has been exceptionally high the last few weeks – please cancel unwanted/busted test runs to reduce the load (dev.platform post).
- Discussions ongoing about switching off QT & RPM builds. If you have a reason why they shouldn’t be – please comment in bug 772419 or dev.planning asap.
- The DB for TBPL has been trimmed by a massive 76GB \o/ (bug 703967).
- More notes here.