- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- The Contributor Engagement team nominates Vineel Reddy Pindi for spreading Firefox in India and for creating this awesome video, which shows Mozillians from all over the world talking about Firefox in their native language to thousands of Firefox users on about:home. More info here.
Monday, 30 July
Tuesday, 31 July
Wednesday, 01 August
Thursday, 02 August
Friday, 03 August
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Dev tools landed the source maps library, which means we’re on the way to being able to hack on minified code.
- Incremental GC made the cutoff for Aurora 16, which should be a very nice performance improvement. (thx billm!)
- Taras on the the kind of things we’re learning from telemetry (and why our startup got better when we removed an optimization)
- Mary Meeker’s 2-month old D10 talk about the state of the web is still worth reading, or even re-reading.
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Flash support on honeycomb!
- Native text selection handles!
- Testing ARMv6 builds on Aurora as we speak!
- Go retweet Brad
- Clicking on things has gotten better in nightly with bug 770659, bug 773427 and bug 773431
Older Branch Work
- Kicking off milestone 5. Platform team focusing on finalizing WebAPIs, and improving performance. Gaia team applying the final visual designs, implementing Web Activities for app-to-app interactions. Check out these slides from Josh Carpenter of the visual design work that’s currently being implemented.
- Lots of work to get the dogfooding program ready – platform and build fixes, software update, tester feedback loops, device availability, etc.
- Watch Christian Heilmann and John Hammink rock the stage in Recife, with their keynote covering the history of Firefox OS and a high-level overview of some of the APIs.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Title||Presenter||Topic||Media|| More Details|
|Director of Creative||John Slater||One Mozilla style guide||first draft: http://mozilla.seanmartell.com/guide/index.php?directory=.|| more background: http://www.intothefuzz.com/for-your-review-one-mozilla-style-guide-v1/|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|
|Brendan Colloran||Gilbert FitzGerald||Mountain View|| Senior Data Analyst|
|Sriharsha Chintalapani||Daniel Einspanjer||Mountain View|| Metrics Software Engineer|
|Salvador Espinoza||Derek Moore||Mountain View|| DataCenter Operations Technician|
|Ashlee Chavez (Seasonal)||Derek Moore||Mountain View|| DataCenter Operations Technician|
|Sam Mott (Seasonal)||David Slater||San Francisco|| Product Marketing Manager|
|Christopher Arnold||Susan Chen||Berlin|| Strategic Development Principal|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|
|Glen Durmas Jr.||Tim Fairfield||Mountain View|| Desktop Support|
|Joshua Labian||Tim Fairfield||Mountain View|| Desktop Support|
|Adreena Winnfield||Tim Fairfield||Mountain View|| Desktop Support|
|John Shih||Tony Chung||Mountain View|| Firefox OS|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Small release – Localize Affiliates news item (Help us out) – bug 706216
- No updates
- Working on bugs for Kuma launch
Automation & Tools
- Created bug 778688 for making TBPL handle more types of failure (to reduce need for manual starring / the need to open full logs) and started collating issues under it.
- Began work on SUTAgent for B2G so that we can automate pandas as we normally do for other dev boards in our TBPL automation, first step fix up the old SUT Agent tests – bug 778366
- Got reftests failing consistently on B2G (this is awesome and will help us to get things fixed) – see bug 773482
- The Browser Automation Spec test repo has been created and mirrored on github if people want to follow
- More notes here
WebFWD is actively recruiting / accepting applications for our next class (starts October 1). Apply on our website: http://webfwd.org
Graduation of our current class is September 19th > in SF and live streamed on Air Mozilla: RSVP at http://webfwdgraduation.eventbrite.com/