- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 95312
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- Next merge is 2012-08-27
- Fx15b3 is on-deck for release
- Fx14.0.2 is being spun up for bug 769893
Major Topics for This Week
- Target String Freeze for Fx16
- We need to audit the list of potential uplifts to Aurora for string related changes. The big areas are WebAppRT and Reader. We want to take control and start limiting strings changes.
- ARMv6 Builds
- We are still trying to gather as much testing data as possible about our ARMv6 builds. We have a goal of release Firefox to a limited set of ARMv6 devices for Fx16 and need the data to help define the set of allowable devices.
- Unblocking Flash on Tegra2 Devices
- Again, more testing data is needed to determine if the quiality of Flash on the currently blocked tegra2 devices is good enough to unblock.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Last week:
- bug 776702 – remove unnecessary BitmapDrawable instance
- bug 775722 – (landed) making native text selection handles a java compositor layer
- bug 777505 – fix possible NPE in GeckoInputConnection
- bug 770047 – create the LayerView as part of the XML inflation to avoid the black flash on startup
- investigated some build slowness (filed bug 779268)
- investigated bug 778488 (reader mode, can’t pan down while finger is on an image)
- bug 763166 – fix potential race in AndroidBridge initialization
- bug 777075 – refactor some of the dependencies of PanZoomController
- bug 777351 – fold LayerController into GeckoLayerClient
- cooked up some readability prototypes
- Next week:
- more readability work (depending on how people feel about the prototypes)
- continue on moving PanZoomController to native code
I have an appointment today and will likely miss this meeting.
- Most Android tests are now hidden, due to excessive failure rates: see bug 777436. (Android tests are still run. To see them, add &noignore=1 to your tbpl URL, or click “Show all Android tests” on tbpl.)
- I have been working on OOM failures during mochitests: bug 775227. Certain tests seem to cause OOM; disabling them seems to improve mochitest pass rates.
- There are also frequent Tegra reboots during tests (bug 771626). A-Team hopes to deploy a fix for that today.
- Next week: Continue to isolate OOM failures in mochitests and get more tests un-hidden.
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- bug 767597 – Change AwesomeBar entry mode for Swype
- bug 777191, bug 777193 – Fixed some warning about uninitialized variable in DefineIDBInterfaceConstants()
- bug 777511 – #define nullptr __null for gcc <= 4.5
- bug 778472 – Clean up Java import statements
- bug 778468 – Create org.mozilla.gecko.toolkit package
- Last weeks:
- Opus: Several runs with the tuning tool on high-low frequency bit allocation decisions. Analysis of results.
- Reviewing of jdolske SafeBrowsing changes
- bug 769896 Make “Import from Android” use MultiChoicePreference
- SafeBrowsing: database comparison tool is working: https://github.com/gcp/sbdbdump
- SafeBrowsing: bug 744993 arstechnica.com page block as “Reported Attack Site” even though block should have been removed. Found bug that could cause it.
- SafeBrowsing: Found a bug that would cause any non-whole-site block to have the wrong hash values.
- This week:
- SafeBrowsing: Found a bug that causes add chunk numbers to be wrong. Investigating.
- SafeBrowsing: Add fake update server to tests.
- Bug 777811 – Clean up getSubject() in AllPagesTab
- Bug 778561 – Backout YouTube UA request hack
- Bug 777274 – The content of History and Top Sites sections is not cleared when clearing private data
- Bug 777510 – DOM events can be triggered for wrong document
- Some basic debugging for Bug 773997 – Gecko does not finish starting with multiple non-default profiles
- Mapped out Bug 717428 – Change DB schema to more closely resemble places
- Bug 777966 – Change reader mode replaceBrs logic
- WIP JSDOMParser – http://people.mozilla.com/~bnicholson/jsdom.git/
- Bug 779389 – Remove XPCOM-related code from Readability.js
- Finish JSDOMParser
- Put Readability.js parsing in its own thread
- Do a full parse for every page
- Bug 717428 – Change DB schema to more closely resemble places
- Finish JSDOMParser
- Hacked menu in GB to show custom colors. Waiting for UX approval and resources.
- Refactored Menu code in BrowserApp and GeckoApp – bug 777427
- Started with cleanup of GeckoApp.mAppContext – bug 778247
- Fixed background behind webpages – bug 761785
- Investigated Black screen on JB – bug 770047
- Fixed text-interaction bar in JB – bug 770928
- Fixed tab curve in 7″ tablet – bug 777358
- Reviewing mcomella’s patches for about:home, kats’ for LayerController
- More bugs as they come.
Last 2 weeks:
- PTO on Wednesday and Thursday last week
- Paternity Leave on Friday last week
- Work in progress:
- bug 771380 – Large gap between reader mode icon and padlock icon
- bug 766942 – Reader Mode: Unable to add an article to the reading list from within Reader Mode
- bug 766948 – Refine content type styling in reader mode
- bug 776903 – Reader Mode: Toolbar icons are low resolution (scaled) on XHDPI devices
- Blog: http://lucasr.org/2012/07/20/one-year-at-mozilla/
- Finish Reader UI
- bug 777673 – Record the sort order for hidden results, for use by next/prev shortcuts
- bug 778333 – Back out 4b197ffb4dcc (bug 775372) and 7d11ab4b1a8c (bug 769857) because of link-clicking regressions
- bug 775372 – Fix exceptions in _cancelTapHighlight when the highlight element is from a dead window
- Lots of sheriffing and code reviews
- Update plugin placeholder for blocked devices – bug 725286
- Doorhanger refactor – bug 732336
- WIP for feedback solicitation – bug 774479
- WIP for pushing fennec’s tabs to sync – bug 730039
- Finish feedback and tabs stuff
- Blog Post on Font Inflation
- Working on bug 756518: Modify conditional detection of mobile sites for font inflation
- Prototyping reflow-on-zoom component (full page reflow).
- Finish bug 756518.
- bug 777089: Consider changing mapping function for min font size.
- Continue prototyping reflow-on-zoom component (full page reflow).
- Bug 775773 Add “Copy Image Location”
- Bug 649371 implement support for ClipData in Android clipboard
- Learned some XPCOM
- Figured out how to pass objects between js and java (woo!), if anyone ever needs to do something like this, ask. I can now save you a lot of time.
- Ironing out last minute clipdata issues
- Bug 649371 implement support for ClipData in Android clipboard
- Clean up AutoLocalJNIFrame
- Discoverability of items in our menus
- Bug 775740 – PromptListAdapter removed reimplemented functionality
- Bug 776110 – Relative URLs links do not function in Reader Mode
- Bug 778879 – Move Relative URLs code to use Services.jsm
- Bug 778577 – (Moving to later change) Tab count draws incorrectly when changing Android accessbility font size
- Bug 778862 – Change layout_* “match_parent” tags to “fill_parent”
- Bug 778491 – Text of a “Your tabs from last time” entry was not centered vertically on about:home
- Bug 777652 – (Can’t repo – waiting for another crash log) Return of the Font Inflation Dialog
- Bug 718437 – [meta] Long Press Context Menu
- Bug 776064 – (UX string discussion, otherwise ready) Cleaning “tel:…” link actions
- Bug 744662 – (same UX decision) Removing the “mailto:” when sharing a “mailto:…” link
- String discussion – may have all “Share” commands drop “link”, “image”, etc. unless more than one of them exists
- Bug 777450 – Long pressing a Flash video selects all the text on the screen
- Bug 686528 – (Waiting on review) about:home for tablets
- Bug 716403 – Hide the navigation bar while scrolling down content
- bnicholson said I could help with Readability… Since the deadline for that is sooner than the nav bar (which I haven’t started), it’d probably be more worthwhile for me to help out
- Nothing of note. Helping, I guess?
- bug 766948 – styling tweaks to Reader Mode
- heads up – we might not be able to use Open Sans as our font, due to licensing restrictions. Verifying this, and also pushing to see if we can license other fonts instead.
- bug 766942 – Reader Mode toolbar tweaks
- bug 771380 – large gap btwn reader mode and lock, which turned into removing favicons from the URL bar
- bug 686528 – about:home tweaks
- Lots of little asset tweaks —
- On that note, if people have any ideas for how we might asseble our UI using a less crazy amount of images, please comment in bug 775945
- bug 774479 – Google Play review solicitation
- Readability – font licensing
- Continue exploring Reading List enhancements
- Trying to hire some production help
- GB custom menu resources for sriram
- Private Browsing
- Look at making Top Sites customizable
- Consistency / polish
- Audit of our UI to date
- Transition designs
- Redesign identity block
- Make doorhangers better / more consistent
- Redesign error pages
- Please take a gander at this Fx16 page; this is of what x-functional teams such as l10n and Product Mkting need to know about
- Discuss l10n test coverage with Localization team this week
- ARMv6 testing
- Tegra 2 Flash testing findings
- Firefox mobile 15 beta 3 qualification
- Firefox for Android 14.02 qualification
- Fixed: bug 777372 Exposing Android_CPU_ABI, Android_Manufacturer, Android_Model, Android_Version in crash report UI
- turns out kairo needs mobeta to be implemented before he can move forward with his reports.
- Needs landing on production…
- nhirata spending more time on b2g currently this week as well.
Please see Platform Meeting Notes for Stability report
Please remember to make sure Security know what you’re doing (there are more of you than there are of us; help us to keep track).