Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> irving
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
- Box.com support landed in TB 16 (which is being pushed to our beta users real soon now)
Preparing an add-on to leverage libpurple to support more chat protocols (Yahoo, MSN, ICQ… are on the potential list of supported IM)
- Started developing this as an add-on to prototype and refine
- Code is still very much in the early stages – not ready for use yet, but feel free to browse the code and report bugs!
- Currently focusing on mechanism for importing contacts from the current TB address book, and saving them in the new database.
Google Summer of Code Projects
App Tabs for Thunderbird
Improving GMail Integration
Get ISPDB into Production
‘No reply’ reminder for Thunderbird
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 08 27
- For information about channels, point people here – http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Extension of the week
- Release work
- Marketing tools updated for TB15
- Ubuntu One communication on track
Build / Release Update
- bunch of fixes to the What’s New page layout and l10n stuff
- still working on warsaw talk
- Added a script to speed up l10n dashboard stuff to http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/projects/granary/webdashboard-data/webd_update.php
- will update Start Page when we release
- Next support day will be the day after TB 15 releases i.e. 1 day after TB15 release day August 28 which will be August 29, 2012,i.e. TOMORROW! – It’s fun and easy, just help us fill out our August 29, 2012 TB Support Day Etherpad
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- Please add any issues to the Thunderbird 15.0 Support issues page using the tagging convention from the TB15 Support Day Etherpad. Use the following tags and any other relevant Get Satisfaction tags as appropriate: tb15, tb15upgrade, tb15ubuntuone, tb15im,tb15twitter, tb15irc, tb15gtalk, tb15xmpp, tb15compactloss
- 1120 new support topics (1150 one week ago ) – Media:20-26August2012-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Will there be MarketPlace for Thunderbird? (Axel)