- Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank (all for Equinox Bug Triaging):
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- IanN to arrange with Jeff to send a tee-shirt or something to Serge (FotFT).
- Serge will look at the SeaMonkey Shop and let IanN know what he wants
before the next meeting.
- Serge will look at the SeaMonkey Shop and let IanN know what he wants
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- All our machines are now all out of SJC1 are are now at SCL3 or SCL1
- The R4 Macs are plugged-in, connected and base-imaged. Waiting on Callek to complete the setup (also see below in the clang section, sea-mini-osx64-1..4).
- The remaining machines on Parallels are the buildmaster (cb-seamonkey-linuxmaster-01) and Linux64 (cb-seamonkey-linux64-01). These need to be migrated to ESX. Specifically:
- sea-vm-linux64-1 will most likely replace cb-seamonkey-linux64-01.
- sea-master1 will replace the current buildmaster.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed. sea-puppet is online. Callek to set the host up as a puppet master.
- Linux builds have been failing because the GTK version installed on the tinderboxen was too told. See bug 795354 on updating the GTK version on the tinderboxen. bug 794285 has lowered the GTK version requirement back to 2.10 for now (also see bug 793634 on this, in the future GTK 2.18 and glib 2.22 will be required).
- Windows builds have been failing because of an out-of-date version of NSIS. bug 794351 took care of updating the Windows tinderboxen to a current NSIS version.
- Build SeaMonkey using clang bug 775539. In progress.
- bug 776426 Set up ccache on all MacOSX systems. CCACHE is installed on the MacOSX systems. Buildbot config changes to enable ccache usage have been checked in.
- bug 791442 Mac trunk build with clang and XCode 4.1 failing. Callek is investigating. Current solution will be to install Mac OS X 10.7 (already done) and all required software on sea-mini-osx64-1..4. There is no solution yet for the machines cb-sea-miniosx64-01..3.
- 2.13b4 shipped September 23
- Pushed back from Friday to Sunday 23 See Bug 791547 Comment 1
- 2.13b5 shipped September 28
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Nothing to highlight.
- We’ve had reports of some extensions shipped by default (among them CZ) not being compatible with SM 2.12. InvisibleSmiley guesses we missed to version bump them so people with compatible-by-default pref’ed off run into issues now.
- IanN to check with Callek/ewong to see if they have updated the release notes to account for version bumping on the extensions we ship as standard.
- mcsmurf talked to KaiRo about the language pack, but did not come to a conclusion, only that it was “complicated”.
- Our build team (Serge, Callek, ewong) needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- sgautherie thinks that the current DOMi branches/tags are not suitable for automatic SeaMonkey branch selection.
- Need some traction on this. IanN spoke to Serge at MozCampEU. Serge is waiting for Callek/ewong to agree what needs to happen and to say what is workable or not.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 2.12 had ~132,900 ADU by last Tuesday and 2.12.1 ~103,600 downloads so far.
- Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 11.1% on 2.0, 3.2% on 2.1-2.3, 4.2% on 2.4-2.6, 7.1% on 2.7-2.9, 2.9% on 2.10, 9.8% on 2.11 and 61.7% on 2.12. So, in the last two weeks, ~0.6k (an additional 0.5% of ADU) have migrated to 2.7 or above.
- ADUs continue increasing after the summer dip (up to ~133k) but still not back up to June levels yet (~144k).
- Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.). This even more applies to 2.10 which dropped support for Win2k and WinXP without SP2.
- We now have a webpage for latest builds available for “Legacy Platforms” like PPC (bug 759315) but hikerbiker suggests making the Legacy/PPC link more discoverable (Mozillazine post). IanN agrees that the current link is not easily found. InvisibleSmiley said that he didn’t want it to be too obvious or highlighted. IanN thinks splitting and renaming Old to Previous isn’t a bad idea and moving Unofficial Releases after it. Perhaps merging Contributed builds into it.
- This is now bug 788543 SeaMonkey – PPC Legacy links are not easy to find.
- IanN to check with InvisibleSmiley what he wants to do about this.
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- One tracked 2.5 issue still open.
- 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14. The ka l10n maintainer has made some recent updates but.
- Callek needs to look into whether to remove |ka| from our [current] automation entirely or if ka can be sustained going forward. Tracked in bug 667147. [Needs update from Callek].
- SeaMonkey 2.12 Release Notes
- Fixes in 2.12.1
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don’t depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- [RELANDED] bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791457 MailNews calls synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::Resolve which doesn’t exist any more since bug 769764 removed it [FIXED].
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- porting bug needed for the packaging changes?
- bug 741059 Make network favicon requests inherit private browsing context of document. Tracked in:
- bug 792157 Update callers in SeaMonkey code to reflect changes in nsIFaviconService [FIXED].
- Bug 789546 – Convert all JS users of imgICache service to use privacy-aware imgITools API instead. Tracked in:
- SM Bug 792700 – Convert all JS users of imgICache service to use privacy-aware imgITools API instead (SeaMonkey part) [IN PROGRESS].
- bug 695399 Remove calls to nsICacheSession::openCacheEntry on the main thread; and bug 737615 Remove use of synchronous cache API from unit tests. Tracked in:
- bug 792735 Remove synchronous calls to nsICacheSession::openCacheEntry in SeaMonkey [IN PROGRESS].
- bug 777292 (nsresult-enum) Make nsresult an enum. Tracked in:
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 713802 Build with GIO support (and drop GnomeVFS). Tracked in:
- bug 795359 Temporarily force-enable gnomevfs and disable gio until our Linux builders are upgraded (bug 795354) due to bug 713802 landing in mozilla-central [IN PROGRESS].
- bug 794772 Port |Bug 713802 – Build with GIO support (and drop GnomeVFS)|
- bug 795354 Migrate SeaMonkey Linux builders to CentOS 6.
- bug 795144 default –disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets?
- bug 737833 Implement install/uninstall/helper changes in Fx desktop installer for Fx metro. Tracked in:
- bug 322206 Firefox net / stub installer.
- bug 795580 Stub shouldn’t be copied when it isn’t built (regression from bug 322206) [FIXED].
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 41 new, 15 fixed, 162 triaged.
- Great triaging effort due to Fall Equinox bug event. :-)
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Good First Bugs
- Note: The GFB list is open to all including our regular contributors.
- Ratty is working on an updated GFB list, suggestions welcome.
- Currently there are 30 GFBs open, 5 are being actively worked on.
- List of Open mentored bugs.
- Ratty notes that there are 24 bugs that are GFBs but without the mentor keyword. These need to be audited to see if they are really suitable as GFBs.
- In the last two weeks since the previous meeting:
- Ewong is working on bug 791238 and has fixed bug 715410.
- Tonymec is working on bug 789865.
- Newcomers are working on bug 752331 (Amod) and on bug 791266 (idlike2dream).
- Newccomers Andres Hernandez and Liu have expressed interest in working on some of our GFBs.
- bug 735333 (Use Services.prefs instead of preferences-service / gPrefService, in SeaMonkey code). Work on this was stalled but Archaeopteryx has picked this up.
- Work on bug 768025 appears to have stalled.
- Mentors of stalled bugs should try to communicate with the assignees and if they can’t work on them any more to unassign/free up those bugs.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Waiting for review:
- Checked in pending review:
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- bug 757230 When using add button for permissions in Data Manager set a displayHost
- Reviewed and waiting for other patches before checkin:
- Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
- bug 689253 Add en-GB locale to Firefox for Android
- Working on:
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- bug 778534 Use image instead of html:img in instant messaging
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.
- bug 795116 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.13 Beta 5
- Helped with Equinox Bug Event, resolved a few bugs and investigated a few real bugs
- Fixed bug 603066 – Path in shell\open\command registry key in installer SetAsDefault function should be quoted
- Fixed bug 792157 – Update callers in SeaMonkey code to reflect changes in nsIFaviconService
- Fixed bug 795434 – Port changes to installer manifest from Bug 770778 (e10s support for JS TCP Socket)
- Filed bug 795476 – Fix out-of-date error message on tinderboxpushlog
- Created patch for bug 795509 – Port |Bug 645288 – Associate the webm file extension with Firefox|
- Working on bug 127399 Allow sending emails with IDN based email addresses.
- bug 529418 Name of Default HTML Message Font not shown in Preferences.
- bug 785580 Lightning Calendar/Task icons don’t show up in the SeaMonkey All-Tabs popup menu.
- bug 791226 navigator.js: Remove some dead code: initConsoleListener and friends.
- bug 793425 Bookmarks Manager Tools-> Import HTML Wizard not working due to sytax error in migration.js.
- bug 794067 Sync Feed Preview with Firefox as at 2012/09 (Need to backport to branches).
- bug 789954 TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/suite/browser/test/test_contextmenu.html | Test timed out. (Port Port bug 778420 Fix up tests that don’t like the new enablePrivilege). Mostly fixed, waiting for post landing reviews.
- bug 792700 Convert all JS users of imgICache service to use privacy-aware imgITools API instead (SeaMonkey part).
- Good first Bugs: See the Good First Bugs section above.
- Tracking mozilla-central bugs that affect SeaMonkey.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- bug 794170 Silence ‘equality comparison with extraneous parentheses [-Wparentheses-equality]‘ in nsMsgFolderDataSource.cpp
- bug 794558 Remove 2 unused vars in mailnews/base/src
- bug 795712 Silence [-Wunused-private-field] warnings in mailnews
- bug 795736 Silence some [-Wunused-variable] warnings in mailnews/
- bug 795997 Silence remaining[-Wunused-variable] / [-Wunused-private-field] warnings in mailnews/
- Waiting for review:
- bug 204553 askViewZoom.xul should use communicator.css instead of navigator.css.
- QA: business as usual.
- Fall Equinox Bug Event:
Any other business?
- Bug Day:
- Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.
- For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we’re not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.
- No news to date. Callek will have to reach out to his MoCo legal contact again soonish.
- Test failures
- qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.
- Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
- tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
- IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
- Serge to do a write up and send it to Ratty to propagate to the community.
- Ratty is ***still*** waiting for Serge.
SeaMonkey Meeting Details