- Who’s taking minutes? –> Ludovic
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
Modern Address Book
- Some low-level restructuring to encourage code-reuse
- Started moving Mork connector over to new interface
- Started to move over to using DeferredTask and Promises.
- a few patches for 17 in the queue (eg Fastamil interop for IM)
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 20 November
- For information about channels, point people here – http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- 16.0.2 and 10.0.10esr released, fixing further security issues mainly due to core code. Also fixed an IMAP download issue.
- Last week’s beta was delayed due to the security issues, should be getting a new beta this week.
- A spellcheck issue that exists in release bug 790475 has been patched in Daily and Earlybird.
- Please test HTML mail with non-default fonts, and make sure that spellcheck behaves. Thanks!
- Figuring moztrap
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 17.0b2 ‘go to build’ expected today (bug 797853)
- using bhearsum+rail’s new release automation web interface to start this build.
- Move to CentOS6 + mock build platform targetted at 18.0b1
- internet is being difficult so I might not be on Vidyo
- fixed mozcom-cdn references on the website, I think I got them all, but if you see any errors related to “mozcom-cdn.mozilla.net” let me know.
- Philipp was at calconnect, lots of good stuff happening there:
- Tested autodiscovery extension, good results for most servers
- Tested delgation/counter patches, UI is good but not fully functional yet
- Learned about some new and emerging standards
- Changing ical.js backend format to the JSON format proposed by some calconnect folks
- Lightning 1.9 betas were out early, which worked pretty nicely.
- Lightning 1.9 betas has some small regressions, but nothing major
- Build System integration work is progressing, initial support will land soon
- Please test Lightning 1.9 betas extensively!
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- The proposed Governance and Release Model document has been updated, and descriptions for the module owner and release drivers that have previously been discussed put in place. See the thread on tb-planning for more information.
- We’re looking to “finalise” this as the way forward from the Thunderbird 17 release.
andreasn, Irving, mconley, bwinton, florian, jb, Usul, standard8, Fallen
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page