Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who’s taking minutes? –> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Autoconfig process
- Webapp currently being tested to fix some initial problems, will open up for broader testing soon, i.e., move the webapp to a place where more people can access it.
- Release Driver: Standard8
- Build Engineer: gozer
- TB 3.0b4 – blocking 82 (+3)
- b3ux TBD
- Proposed Blocking (all milestones)
- Proposed Blockers (all): 79 (+17)
- TB 3.0b4 – blocking 7 (+5)
- Main things we want to land:
- gloda (by default)
- background sending,
- message headers improvements
- With ispdb
- locales string
- autosync space/time policies sorted out.
- This week will see more aggressive cutting down of the blocking and proposed bugs, figuring out what we don’t really need for the release
- Proposed Dates (any feedback to Standard8 please):
- Friday, September 11th is the proposed target for code freeze
- Tuesday September 22th, is the proposed estimated release day
- Following with the final string freeze 1 week after release
- RC1 proposed date Tuesday, November 3rd for code freeze
- Final release dates will depend on RC1
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 79 (+17)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- Usage of TB3.0b3 is going up as are crash-stats -> bugs are being updated to reflect usage we see.
- Tb3.0b3 was released last week – Auto-update in progress.
- Normal bug day for this week.
- Thunderbird 3 Beta 3 press – Total Articles: 51; Total Original: 23; Total Pick ups: 28; highlights: Lifehacker and c|Net articles
- Good response at OSCON on Thunderbird 3 progress.
- Still on iteration 4 for Thunderbird logo, expecting to wrap up designs this week.
- All MoCo build machines have been be retired
- ISPDB is now available for restricted preview
- Ask me on irc if you want/need access
- Calendar OS X build machine is back in business
- Nightly Lightning/Sunbird builds are back
- Staging buildbot master is up and running
- Currently helping getting MozMill tests up and running
Jen is on vacation until the end of the month
https://wiki.mozilla.org/EU_MozCamp_2009 is coming up
- (TB UNCO bugs < 2k now. Yay!)
- Thunderbird 3 Beta 3 changelog @ The Rumbling Edge
- Discovered crasher bug 505974 while fiddling with Mozmill.
- patchlove mostly settled.
- Chatted with Roland on support.
- Regular QA, triage, bugdays.
- qawanted – bug 476708
Will be working part-time while in school
- Last Week:
- This week
- Account central & folder summary patch pushing
- Fixing up thread summary bugs
- Pushing ahead on ISPDB
- Reviews & Driving
- Landed the new make mozmill & make mozmill-one code.
- Helping Gozer set up buildbot. Currently trying to sort out issues with running mozmill under buildbot.
- Mozmill has internal version of httpd server. Example of use on bug 492279.
- Created POP version of the patch for bug 121647 POP/IMAP server passwords are inappropriately forgotten. Currently writing unit test.
- Finish off bug 121647
- Pick up send in background work again.
- working on performance investigation
- working on things required to pref gloda on
- Reviews and Driving
- Helped a bit with the fix for bug 249841, offline imap body search issues
- Fixed bug 505487 – regression in custom header begins/ends with matching, and separate regression in search ui enabling/handling of custom headers.
- Added basic xpcshell search tests, including one to catch above regression
- Fixed mark read on exit handling, bug 503624, and added xpcshell test for the feature.
- Cleaned up imap undo code a bit in preparation for fixing undo after expunge, bug 323875
- Fixed adding of new headers to open cross-folder threaded saved searches, bug 505321, added a test for that to test_nsMsgDBView.js, and fixed the error detection functions in that file so that they detect errors.
- Started work on auto sync disk usage constraints bug 482476 – wrote patch to enable marking of msg headers as pending removal so that offline store compaction will reclaim space, pending review.
- Continue and I hope finish work in IMAP undo bug 323875
- Continue work on auto sync disk usage constraints
- Other b4 blockers
- ISPDB is in preview
- Staging buildbot server up and running
- catching up on missed work
- Header refinement and roundup
- Autoconfig work
- now that bug 499926 is fixed – add Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 to talkback topcrashes – crossreferrencing TB2 crashes to trunk crashes
- adding 3.0b3 topcrashes
- SM crashers and mailnews – another pass
- usual stuff
- Fixed up window save/restore after recent tab changes in TB
- More work on filter auto-naming bug 457745
- Hope to have a new beta of Eudora/Penelope this week
- Released SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1 in 17 languages and with partial and complete updates fully working from day 1
- Got a fix into the release harness to make it understand our version-191.txt files for bumping
- Convinced the SeaMonkey team to target a September 1 freeze for 2.0 Beta 2
- Need to get final done before November to stay mentally somewhat sane
- Marketing planning for remainder of the year.
- Mozilla Camp Europe Call for papers, please take a look.
- Finished Tests for 3.0b3
- Tested auto-updates
- Start thinking about Migrating from 2.x -> 3.x
- Prepare test day for beta4
- Last week
- Continue working on bug 495478, and bug 503436.
- Start working on bug 248681 if we know what we want it to look like.
- spoke with nth10sd about QA and support and bugzilla and ludo as well about support and QA
- getting my feet wet with actual support, answered two far
- working on 506473 linking to getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging instead of getsatisfaction/mozilla/products/mozilla_thunderbird
- familiarizing myself with Get Satisfaction and how we can use it for support
davida, gozer, Standard8, rebron, nth10sd, asuth, bienvenu, clarkbw, wsmwk, beckley, KaiRo, Tsk, bwinton, roland