- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Beta 1: We are frozen, except for remaining blockers
- Design frozen: Yes! but, still working with UX on small things that come up
- Beta 2 code freeze: TBD
Major Topics for This Week
- Fennec bump version to 4.0
- Working on any Beta 1 blockers that appear
- Also working on Beta 2 blockers
- We have 18 b2 blockers waiting to land
- We have 36 patches waiting to land overall
- Features (see Planning page)
- Work re-started on scroll indicators
- Need to re-evaluate the page interactions feature
- Master Password has been dropped for 2.0
- Google search suggestions in awesomebar has been dropped for 2.0
- New Core (nee Android) theme is underway
- Martell is supplying styles and glyphs
- WIP patch is underway
- Fixed bug that caused Qt builds to crash after 20s of idle.
- Build still is missing lots of integration points (like hildon input, upload file dialog)
- Custom library loader bug 588607 waiting for review
- Standard packaging path for APK generation working bug 567873
Geolocation Working Group
- TPAC first week of Nov.
- Disabled wifi scanning on < XP sp3 (not mobile, but interesting)
- Fixed a PM bug – thanks mwu!
- unless it isn’t clear, camera is NOT blocking fennec 2.0
- alon identified hot spots in the IPC communication using a new tool. Has pretty pictures too.
- Based on this, and input from dwitte, reduced Ts & Txul significantly.
- More to come, possiblity
- content preference
- network cookies
- Changing child process priority
- We have reviews needing love from a necko peer.
- release updates
- still pending review
- testing has hit snags
- softlinked chinook nightly repos to fremantle
- android tests
- first dots in graphs-stage
- working on getting the patch reviewable
- need to track down where the order for 10 MV tegras is
- maemo tp4
- nochrome is finishing in ~5min?
- chrome is hanging.
- clobbered scratchbox to fix old versioned debs
- android – results in releng staging! congrats BEAR!
- one patch needs landing for mochitest on android bug 598366 [FIXED]
- SUTAgent has had some fixes in the last week bug 600266 [PATCHED + REVIEWED]
- a couple patches working through the review queue for talos on android bug 596132 [PATCHED + REVIEWED]
- tpan/tzoom work on android, but tzoom is still orange in general bug 600590
- page loader tests works for android, needs review bug 599494
- browser-chrome – need some attention, carryover from last week
- new test files bug 489163 [NO PATCH]
- 4 bugs left in order to run green:
- bug 598957 – browser_preferences_basic panning is busted
- bug 598962 – Viewport browser-chrome tests failures (fix underway!)
- bug 600528 – browser-sessionstore.js gets a timeout on linux desktop browser-chrome tests
- bug 600529 – browser_mainui.js failure [FIXED]
- need to land patch bug 597056 to remove firefox tests from mobile tests [FIXED]
- [mochitest: green]
- bug 590248 and bug 587646 account for 60% of known mochitest failures on n900!, no progress on these two bugs?! Still no traction on this – WEEK #6, can we get 6 weeks with nobody looking at these?
- considering running a small subset of passing tests for android mochitests so we have results that people will use.
- Tests with patches.
- Do it
- Good for the code base
- Find new existing bugs
- Will protect Fennec against other peoples changes
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.