- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600
Monday, 27 February
- “Security Threat Modeling using TRIKE” brownbag in 10-Forward at 12:30 PM and will be broadcast on Air Mozilla.
Brenda Larcom and Eleanor Saitta have created a new system for threat modeling, called "TRIKE," that they have been using and presenting for the last few years. Their site for it is at http://octotrike.org (though it isn't up to date with all of the most recent work). Brenda is coming to Mozilla to present TRIKE to everyone, especially our security organization.
Tuesday, 28 February
Wednesday, 29 February
Thursday, 01 March
- 12 Noon PST, Brownbag on using BrowserID with Django
Friday, 02 March
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (9, 10, 11)
Firefox Current (3.6, 8)
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: Matt in Toronto
- In process of winding down the Mozilla Drumbeat brand and web site. Blog post here.
- Focusing on best part of Drumbeat: making and learning. Authoring tools, learning experiences, and events for webmakers.
- (e.g., this awesome hack jam for youth we hosted in Mozilla T.O. on Saturday)
- Work on new name and brand is ongoing. More on that soon.
- Individual products (e.g., Mozilla Popcorn) will begin giving regular updates in these meetings. Starting next week.
No voice update this week.
- Will begin giving regular status updates in this meeting beginning next week
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Title||Presenter||Topic||Media|| More Details|
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Frontend Developer, One Mozilla Website Project||Craig Cook||“Blogzilla” universal One Mozilla blog theme for official Mozilla blogs||prototype|| add your blog to the tracking bug|
|Mozilla Security||Michael Coates||Updates on Security at Mozilla||see links to the right|
Status Updates By Team
Hi, we’re about 30 people you probably didn’t know about before. We work on things like Sync (including the spiffy Android Sync being shown at MWC), as well as a number of other awesome, scalable infrastructure stuff, so you don’t have to.
We’re a friendly bunch, and would love to hear from you on services-dev@ or via IRC on #services-dev.
- Release hot off the presses today – woot rshetty
- Marketplace:Developer registration is 2/23.
- Engagement Projects
- DTPT Facebook phase II is in the works
- shipped 1.7 on 02/21
- 1.4 milestone currently being developed towards
- shipped 2.2.1 on 02/21
- 2.4.3 milestone released 2/22
- Shipped 2/21 release
- 2/28 release in progress
- WebQA Testday in San Francisco was a great success — 18 people showed up, and we had 3 pull requests in only 2.5 hours
- Blog post: How I fixed a Mozmill freeze by bisecting Python
- Blog post: Mozmill 1.5.9 released
- Blog post: MemChaser – An extension to track Firefox’s memory activities
- Spike in memory usage detected in Mozmill Endurance tests when leaving PB mode in 64bit Nightly builds on Mac OS X (bug 724553)
- Blog post: Automation Services week 6 February – 10 February
- Blog post: Automation Services week 13 February – 17 February
- Blog post: Test Day + Meetup = Success
Automation & Tools
- Autoland Bugzilla extension going to security review
- Marionette support for FindElement(s) support has landed for both chrome and content
- Pageloader is now part of Talos (not it’s own repo any longer)
- Panda board automation making progress, should have new rev’s of boards this week
- Robocop Talos tests should go live this week (Tpan, Tzoom style tests)
- Peptest is back on try but hidden, use &noignore to see them – working on tuning the oranges that it is currently reporting.
- More information available here
Security Reviews & Threat Modeling Sessions Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time|| Item|
|Mon Feb 27 / 13:00 PST|| Threat Model: Metlog|
|Wed Feb 29 / 13:00 PST|| Threat Model: Token Server|
|THU Mar 1 / 10:00 PST|| SecReview: WebSMS, bug 674725|
|Fri Mar 12 / 10:00 AM PST|| SecReview: Snappy Symbolic Server|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview * Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058) * Dial-in Info (phone): ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 99058
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review
Security Review Needed but Unscheduled
- The Flux and Web Productions teams are having their team onsites / work weeks in Mountain View this week. Come say hi!
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|
|Tyler Downer||Ibai Garcia||Mountain View|| Apps Marketplace Support|
|Adam Muntner||Yvan Boily||Mountain View|| Web Application Security Engineer|
|Cori Schauer||Jinghua Zhang||Mountain View|| Senior User Experience Researcher|
|Christopher Appleton||Ryan Merkley||Toronto|| Graphic Designer|
|Kannan Vijayan||Sean Stangl||Mountain View|| IonMonkey|
|Spencer Hui||Rainer Cvillink||Mountain View|| Video Producer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|