Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> Bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Dev based tests in progress.
- Issues with add-on should be largely fixed up now, just testing a couple of remaining items.
BigFiles Milestone 2 was built last Friday. Here is the link to the builds directory.
The list of fixed and remaining issues for this milestone is here.
In particular, note that BigFiles currently misbehaves when mixing normal and cloud attachment types, and when replying to messages that sent cloud attachments. Also, behaviour gets a little strange when there are multiple compose windows opened. Saving/restoring drafts is also broken.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 13 March
- For information about channels, point people here – http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Final beta probably starting building on Wednesday, working on landing the last remaining issues.
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
- The builds for 3.1.x and ESR have started today.
Extension of the week
- Webapp tab let’s you run some web apps in a Thunderbird tab.
- Some SOGO testing
- Bugzilla work
- New start page might not make it for next release
- Social Media – we have one FB page, one Twitter, and one Google+
- Putting together an enterprise solutions partner page
- Hit a record 8.1 million ADU
Build / Release Update
- Rail and gozer released Thunderbird 11.0b4 last week
- Thunderbird 10.0.3esr, 11.0b5, 11.0 final, 3.1.20 builds this week
- Bug 730325 – Integrate Thunderbird build config with Firefox build config
- Firefox + Thunderbird non-release builders combined in staging
- John has two talks scheduled at Confederation College about Mozilla and Thunderbird – tips welcome!
- new locales hr & hy-AM ready for l10n
- new release notes format should be done EOD today
- back from vacation – nothing to report from last week
- Thunderbird 11 support day March 14th. – All welcome, please blog, retweet, etc.
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1285 new support topics (1180 one week ago ) – Media:27Feb-4March2012-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 10 Support Issues – Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB10 and tag them tb10
- Thunderbird 11 Support Issues – Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB11 and tag them tb11 – Please try the 11 beta if you know how to backup your email and are technical enough to recover should you encounter any beta issues. We’d love your help to find bugs before TB11 is released 13 March 2012
- See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Lightning 1.3b3 is building, will be available on AMO this evening. Fixes an issue with invitations and adds a toolbar button to open the unifinder.
- Lightning 1.2.2 will be released, containing these bugs
- AMO can only show one public version, which is always the latest version by upload date. We will run into problems after 1.3 is released and we need to release 1.2.3+. There is a possible workaround though, but it would be better to fix it in AMO.
- bug jsical is still a lot of work :( hoping to provide a test build in a week or two.
- Contributer working on a project to use mozmill to take Lightning screen shots and associate the elements with code locations.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
bienvenu mconley jb jhopkins roland blake fallen gozer standard8 ludo jenzed