- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 95312
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- Merge happened yesterday. Trunk is now 14.0a1
- What’s fixed in Aurora?
- Maple merge is (has) happened today
Major Topics for This Week
appears healthy enough to land on m-c. Work is not finished thoughhas landed on m-c. Ongoing work should happen on m-c.
- Aurora uplift
- We will start the normal process of requesting approval for patches we’d like to see uplifted from m-c to m-a. This will not be the “any and all patches” process we were using previously. We have crash fixes and blockers that will likely move to Aurora.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- lots of work on bug 732564 (new viewport code) and follow-up bugs (735180, 735248)
- with wesj, worked through linker errors I kept running into (732069, 735344)
- addressed review comments on bug 725095 and landed maple this morning
- deal with fallout from the new viewport code. there are some bugs filed, pretty sure I understand why all of them are happening (except for 732016), it’s just a matter of fixing bugs in implementation edge cases.
- get back to viewport prediction so we have less checkerboarding during panning
- Bug 728263 – Errors occur when Fennec is closed
- Bug 726393 – crash [@ java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoInputConnection.processKeyDown(GeckoInputConnection.java) ]
- Bug 727496 – Large url crashes [@ malloc_print_stats | @0x0 | getanswer ] Fennec
- Bug 734456 – Reftest/Crashtest suites C1, R2, R3 hidden
- Bug 735461 – Robocop: Fennec is not using remote profile
- Robocop reviews continue. There are 17 tests now and more on the way.
- Will likely concentrate on reftests
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Last Week
- bug 725170 – crash [@ IndexOutOfBoundsException at SpannableStringBuilder.checkRange(SpannableStringBuilder.java) ] (REOPENED)
- bug 732634 – Preserve IME option bits when toggling IME action bits on AwesomeBar Go/Search mode change
- bug 733434 – Breakpad not reporting uncaught Java exceptions
- Phone interview
- This Week
- bug 726393 – crash [@ NullPointerException: at GeckoInputConnection.processKeyDown(GeckoInputConnection.java) ]
- bug 733196 – Landscape VKB should not be fullscreen when entering text into a web form
- bug 725170 – crash java [@ IndexOutOfBoundsException: getChars (142793 ... 142794) ends beyond length 74889 at SpannableStringBuilder.checkRange(SpannableStringBuilder.java) ]
- bug 630576 – Fennec should send key events to content (to fix Gmail)
- bug 730478 – element.value returns an empty string after text is input (to fix autocomplete)
- Mozilla interview training
- Last week
- This week
- bug 732268 – Opening Fennec from the Recent Apps UI reruns original Intent
- bug 708161 – POST data for search engine submissions
- bug 724194 – Allow editing bookmarks in AwesomeScreen
- bug 725213 – Add search engines from text input fields
- (WIP) bug 732752 – Load session history when ‘loading tabs from last time’
- (WIP) bug 718240 – Fennec carries out a full session restore when killed
- (WIP) bug 725428 – content area goes black and then dark checkerboard before pageload during startup
- More 1.0 blockers
- Last Week:
- This Week:
- Landed a bunch of stuff (Crypto for Passwords, Removing library extraction, Tests, etc). Broke a bunch in the process. Fixed and relanded. Repeat.
- Put up a patch for default bookmarks. Also “fixes” some favicon issues.
- Looking at some touch events bugs. bug 733804 and bug 735553
- Touch events for XUL scale elements (video scrubbers)
- bug 708149 – Handling of unsupported bookmark records
- bug 735660 – Fix db migrations in BrowserProvider
- bug 734177 – Add tests for BrowserProvider
- Patch reviews
- Blog post: http://lucasr.org/?p=2657
- More beta/release blocker fixing
- bug 696533 – Add-on preferences
- bug 731610 – Back key in a popup window should return to the parent page
- Meetings with W3C Touch Events Patent Advisory Group
- Finish remaining add-on manager work
- Other blockers
- It’s pi day, pi day, gotta get down on pi day!
- Fixed problem with opening dialog windows (bug 725502)
- Tracked down an add-on manager regression (bug 734053)
- Show autocomplete suggestions when an empty input is tapped (bug 711177)
- Style HTML5 form validation popup (bug 731654)
- Still needs a few positioning issues worked out
(Sorry, I won’t be able to make the meeting today – I have a conflicting appointment. My updates are about the same as last week.)
- Still in progress
- Bug 708187: titles bleed out of divs on marketwatch.com
- Bug 707195: Comments on news.ycombinator.com inflated to different sizes
- Bug 708175: Native fennec truncates file control buttons
- Bug 712708: input buttons squashed together
- bug 702907 Zooming should be disabled while a video is in fullscreen mode
- bug 707571 user-scalable property of viewport meta tag is ignored (broken on maple though)
- bug 719359 Pageload thumbnails for sites with <meta viewport=”width=n”> do not cover entire thumbnail box in about:home
- bug 723597 Spurious mouseover event fired on page load
- sat in meetings so you don’t have to
- bug 732753 – Update or remove the URL redirector UA in App.java.in
- bug 734714 – Some prompts broken: ‘aDomWin is null’ in prompt service
- Awesomebar UI design / blog post http://ianbarlow.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/enhanced-search-in-the-firefox-awesomebar/
- bug 729532 Improve first-run import experience
- Finishing off primary tablet UI designs, working on a blog post
- Starting specs / bugs for tablet UI
+ Windows 8 Metro: getting some initial mock ups done, will likely feel like a step between tablet and desktop Firefox
- Kats landed maple on mozilla-central! Please land on mozilla-central (inbound).
- We continue to work on jankiness and checkerboarding via gralloc (BenWa), EGLImage (pcwalton), other methods.
- We have a proof of concept for gralloc on Galaxy Nexus, working making Layers use it.
- Many of our correctness and performance issues are layout bugs. We hope to have retained Mats to work on these bugs.
- Investigating incorrect usage of RGBA causing performance issues.
- Profiling work underway to understand where we’re spending our time.
- Rough time break down of CNN.com: http://muizelaar.blogspot.com/2012/03/checkerboarding-cnncom.html
- Ehsan has some patches up to compile libunwind on android. We’re targeting user space profiling at 25ms intervals.