Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> Andreasn
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
- There’s a password issue with YouSendIt that still might be affecting some users when setting up their accounts.
- A contractor is working on getting Box.com support implemented.
- A minor regression with HTML replies has been attributed to our Filelink work.
Google Summer of Code Projects
App Tabs for Thunderbird
- Basic UI done, images available in my blog. (Although some things are on progress, like the close button issue)
- Persistence: on progress.
Improving GMail Integration
Get ISPDB into Production
‘No reply’ reminder for Thunderbird
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: June 16th
- For information about channels, point people here – http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
One more beta this week. Will be testing out not having a what’s new page, and doing it server-side.
One beta next week.
Extension of the week
- Cleanest Addon Manager 2.0 makes the extension tab more compact. Useful on small screen or/and when you have a lot of add-ons installed.
- Wrote a release testing quick how-to
- looking for some feedback on these “mini instructions”
- Looking for someone to do Release testing while I’m getting married in Mongolia
- contact me a firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
- Preparing for Mozcamp.
- New start page design landing on 16th.
Build / Release Update
One patch just got in that sets the screen resolution allowing us to run tests on Windows 7 on Mozmill. This gives us more platform coverage.
- restyled getsatisfaction to match current mozilla.org style
- copied/fixed up ESR pages to work in French
- reviewed a pile of amo-validator patches and updated my patch
- Next support day will be the day after TB 14 releases i.e. 1 day after TB14 release day July 17 which will be July 18, 2012 – It’s fun and easy, just help us fill out our July 18, 2012 TB Support Day Etherpad
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1285 new support topics (1548 one week ago ) – Media:25June-1July2012-GS-TB-1of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png ; Media:25June-1July2012-GS-TB-2of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 13 Support Issues – Lightning 1.5.2 fixed the Invite Attendees issue
- Further issues? If so please edit the TB13 Support Issues page and add any issues or bugs found in TB13 and tag them tb13
- See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.