- Work week agenda
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- mconley giving a shoutout to ge3k0s (Guillaume C.) for keeping us on our toes in Australis land. He’s doing great work filing bugs and catching regressions.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
- work week organization
- new hire stuff
- next week
- actually followup on test pilot
- more work week/hiring
- AddonRepository bug 853389: feedback from Blair implemented and going through tests now, met with Irving to discuss file writing stuff and with Irving and Mossop to discuss downgrade concerns
- Fixed intermittent bug343515.js orange (bug 765192)
- Reviewed all 31 GSoC applications once and two-pass reviews on the project I’m gonna mentor
- Landed a couple of “panel” features and patches to make Social use them.
- Landed the async form history patch after fixing an orange which caused it to be backed out.
- Getting my head around the e10s work and made a start on moving the form observer and autocomplete to an out-of-process message-based model.
- Jamun branch is dead – Australis work is happening solely on UX branch now.
- As per UX request, I’ve moved the star button back into the URL bar for now while I work on the new bookmark widget for Australis. Merged this change into UX.
- Fixed strange appearance of popups on OSX
- Been tackling randomly failing tests under browser/base/content/test. Very frustrating.
- Laid out a rough roadmap for the rest of the Australis work – viewable from line 330 onwards here.
- Started conversations with ZER0 from the Jetpack team about Australis impacts to the SDK
- Lots of reviews
- Findbar related bugs: bug 257061, bug 869543, bug 565552
- bug 776708 thoroughly reviewed by Dao… thank you sir!
- Consolidating Search related bugs: bug 862401, bug 860560, bug 867742
- Tried to take as many Australis related bugs as Mike-ingly possible
- Async/ Testing tracking bugs: bug 870774 and bug 867742
- take as many Australis related bugs as…
- Async perf meeting
- One public holiday
- bug 855683 (JP tests) and bug 869939 (migrate stuff from addon bar to navbar) – blocked on decisions regarding addon-bar removal, talked with jetpack folks and mconley, posted to fx-dev, waiting on finalizing discussion there + ux feedback
- landed bug 853083 (tabs left margin on windows without the app button)
- lots of stuff about bug 853415 (weird overflow bug), seems we’re now going to able to fix it by never hiding the navbar
- Started work on never hiding the navbar in bug 870545 and bug 752434.
- behind the scenes stuff about bug 658467 (tab label fadeout rather than ellipsis), looking hard to make work in a performant manner
- landed bug 865316 (polish for OS X menubuttons)
- still waiting for reviews on Fx reset tab restoring, and UX response from Limi on whether we care enough about tab groups
- More Australis customization stuff (navbar, tab scrollbar fixes after that’s done)
- Want to tackle UX orange/red and get it just as green as the trees outside my window.
- all Australis, all the time
- bug 858089 = Tab stroke polish is very close. Little issues keep popping up.
- Australis OS X LWT landed
- Bug triage
- Intern phone screen
- Finish bug 858089 = Tab stroke polish
- Fix bug 864608 – Tab drag placeholder
- bug 857886 – HiDPI OS X tabs
- More Australis follow-ups
- Review Gijs’ clip-path patch
This past week:
- Gave a presentation at Mobile Monday Detroit
- Should have a video of the presentation uploaded to YouTube and blogged about
- The UI for customization mode is near-finalized for Windows, OS X, and Linux. Some minor bugs here and there.
- The location bar and search container now have a minimum width (on UX)
- Look at GSoC proposals
- Work on toolbar overflow for Australis
- Lots of smaller but nice wins for Australis to work on (bug 870865, bug 870866, bug 870869)
- Add some more functionality to the History widget (Clear recent history…, etc)
- Back from vacation, trying to catch up!
- How many sites is Mixed Content actually breaking?
- short answer: not that many
- investigation here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=844556
- Mostly sites with CSS are breaking, a couple of big notable ones– can we reach out to them in some way?
- Tuesdays – 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 91337
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 91337
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 91337
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 91337
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- “Firefox” Vidyo Room