- Next merge: 2015-02-23
Topics for This Week
- Crash Tracking
- Soccorro is not correctly tracking Fx38.0a1 and Fx37.0a2 so we are not able to see Top Crashers for Nightly and Aurora. For details, see bug 1122145.
- There is a meetup on Jan 22nd in SF for Passwords Dev group. There is a meetup (Jan 26th) in SF to discuss progress and planning for Passwords, Task Continuity and iOS Q1 projects. There is a meetup (Feb 16th) in SF to critique and tweak Fx on iOS.
- Next Build:
11 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
16 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Surabhi Anand fixed bug 1115542 – Add software usage license to tests/*.java comments (except StringHelper)
- psd fixed bug 852247 – Expose pref to force page zoomability via settings
- capella fixed a ton of text selection bugs, including improving our test coverage and fixing a tricky intermittent orange (bug 851861)
- (iOS) dusek fixed bug 1123055 – Respect “Darken colors” accessibility setting
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Working On
<Read Only> (on leave)
- WebRTC sandboxing: everything works…one way only
- SafeBrowsing work
- Tracking Protection performance on pageload bug 1122691
- Working with new partners for SafeBrowsing data
- Doing battle with try to get patches to land. Strong correlation between breakage and platforms I don’t have build environments for: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=try&revision=51a430ceacb8
- Investigate bug 1121679 Enable receiving audio in standalone WebRTC
- Same as last week.
- Update service rewrite/refactoring
Next week in Berlin (office).
- Landed search suggestions, bug 1120730
- Landed search fallback with URI fixup, bug 1120776
- Search keyboard type, bug 1122321
- Landed a new run at a sqlite backend
- Storing history now on iOS
- Made the history pane work
- Storing individual history visits
- filtering and sorting (frecency)
- Onboarding v1.5 in review
- Discussions about Onboarding v2 (additional content, user studies, active customization)
- Passwords (so many meetings…!) + Hack Day: Telemetry
- 974983 – Reorder Home panels in Settings via dragging
- 1063844 – [onboarding] Start Pane v1.5
- 1118871 – Add telemetry to count the number of sites in the password manager blocklist
- 1124392 – Telemetry: Record the number of domains for which the user has multiple sets of saved credentials
- Landed reader mode toolbar button for desktop (disabled) – bug 795981
- Continuing work on desktop reader mode
- Reading list discussions
- Passwords discussions
- 795981 – Add a reader mode button to the location bar
- 1101741 – Add filtering on about:passwords
- 1107925 – Performing searches with Google search engine immediately launches Fennec
- 1118835 – Consider adding back pref to show title in toolbar
- 1074381 – Largest font size in reader mode is still too small
- 1085609 – Intermittent testDoorHanger | Popup blocker is displayed – got false, expected true
- 1093635 – confusing time indication on the Reading list
- 1117258 – Implement updated CSS styling for about:reader content
- 1120735 – Implement desktop reader mode controls
- 1120874 – Telemetry: Record the proportion of saved signons without usernames
- 1123102 – Reconsider low memory restriction on reading list and reader mode
- 1123471 – Create basic browser-chrome test for reader mode toolbar button
- 1124011 – Enable the reader mode toolbar button on Nightly
- New tablet refresh
- New tablet refresh
- Browser toolbar cleanup
- Edit screen changes
- 1113296 – Disable match case mode for find-in-page on non-Nightly builds
- 1122840 – Split out storage from the rest of the client
- 1123377 – Create build flag for reading list service
- 1123388 – Enable reading list service on Nightly
Projects for this cycle:
- Push migrate legacy Sync 1.1 devices across the finish line
- Migration bits all landed, tracked by bug migratesyncandroid
- Landed Telemetry and query parameter tracking; need to request uplift
- Make FxA provide OAuth implicit grants for Fennec consumers, tracked by bug 1117829
- Rebased, tests still work \o/
- Implement Firefox Accounts for iOS
- Tracked by bug iosfxa
- Pushing on jelly doughnut approach
- Got screwed because accounts.firefox.com sets X-Frame-Options=DENY (and I was trying to iframe). WKWebView is not a full-fledged browser; we can’t ignore aspects of the web that we don’t like when using it. Work-around is easy.
- Make sure |mach bootstrap| for mobile/android works
- Looks like we’re on OS X now
- Possible errors on Linux
- 1119061 – Add telemetry for Android Sync migration process
- 1119070 – Add query parameter saying we’re migrating to Android Sync to after-migration /account/login HTTP request
- 1120032 – Gradle/IntelliJ configuration broken due to mismatched Android-Gradle plugin versions
- 1121622 – Only insert omni.ja and *.so libraries into Gradle debug APKs
- 1112725 – [android] “Next” button on Sync setup has blue line
- 1122829 – Tighten vertical spacing of Android Firefox Accounts sign up/sign flow
- 1123980 – Write geo-specific search engine metadata from region.properties to res/raw at build time
- 1124052 – Preprocess less in Android Background Services
- 1091520 – Improve framerate of tab tray animation
- 1110149 – [Tablet] Insert vertical divider between back button and normal browsing button in Tabs Panel
- 1111598 – [Tablet] Make action bar background color consistent with the new tablet tab strip background
- 1117108 – crash in android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x7f03008c type #0x1 is not valid at android.content.res.Resources.loadXmlResourceParser(Resources.java)
- 1117130 – URL bar border slightly covered by fading edge of title
- Open in background work
- 1112855 – [tabs tray] Closing last tab behavior doesn’t match phone behavior
- 1122074 – “Normal Tabs” tray has an empty state
TL;DR Reader Mode landed. Currently finishing some more Reader Mode bugs. Then probably moving on to things important for our first round of dogfooding?
- landed first bug
- finding bugs in gradle plugins… :/
- telemetry probes for passwords project
- 1096718 – display time measured spent in each compartment
- 1116856 – dynamically resize tab mirror video stream based on window size
- 1116860 – Get size of second screen from the chromecast
- 671993 – Failure to save forms data in session results in data loss
- 1078432 – Use Android print service to enable cloud printing
- 1117186 – fix geo-specific search defaults interaction with the defaultEngine getter
- Passwords UX sync up with Desktop
- Compiling designs, navigation variations.
- Laying out landscape and iPad views.
- Menu views.
- Tab view variations.
- iOS work (tab switch concept: http://cl.ly/image/3j0n3F3w0z3k, tab ideas: http://cl.ly/image/2K1k0u3o3k20)
- working towards committing to some of the high level architecture/UX → next comes breaking down teh rest of the UI and starting to wireframe that
- reading list work week in toronto (desktop + mobile)
- password manager meetings
- 38 list for Nightly – updated on Tuesday. Any problems with status? Please call out.
- Short funnel review this morning. No changes impacting nightly work.
- iOS Trello board can be found here
- Also in SFO next week
- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 99998
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room