Meeting Notes

26-August-2008

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-08-26

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? dmose


Action Items


Open

  • davida: file a bug on getting an announcements feed going on

  • davida: file a bug on getting a planet.mozillamessaging.com
  • everyone: look for delight bugs for the next release, put [delight] in status whiteboard
  • dmose: will send out email scheduling drivers meeting for 9:30 Thursday


Closed

  • dmose: clarifying post about how TB 3.0 roadmap should work w.r.t feature freeze, string freeze, etc.

    • Will blog about dates talked about


Thunderbird:Shredder a2

  • Post Mortem needs scheduling

    • who needs to be there? davida, wswmk, nthomas, gozer, standard8, emre, dmose, ____?

    • nthomas unavailability unknown
    • davida to send out email, hopefully this week


Thunderbird 3

  • lots of triage has happened; not yet completed

  • some question about use of Target-Milestone field
  • action item(dmose): email drivers to schedule meeting this week


Thunderbird:Thunderbird 3.0b1

  • wsmwk is the Q&A lead of Beta 1

  • Standard8 is the release driver


Main Issues

  • davida pointed out that pace seems slow

    • what happens if we don’t get enough wanted bugs?

      • go forward as planned

      • insert milestone (and rename?)
      • bug owners requested to
        • update status whiteboard of blocking & wanted bugs

        • focus on bugs with string changes
      • drivers to discuss further thursday
  • 3 blockers with no owner:
    • bug 429118 Thunderbird inline spell check broken

    • bug 430762 Start page for Alpha/Beta builds – is this a dup?
      • davida & Standard8 to discuss post meeting
    • bug 451257 Using “Edit as new” for random messages sometimes crashes Thunderbird [@ pixman_malloc_abc]
      • hopefully crash-stats return in the next week or two will give us insight here
  • L10N builds at risk:
    • mozilla-central currently has no automated L10N builds

    • Uncertain as to current capability to do L10N builds for Thunderbird
    • No instructions for L10N builds from comm-central
    • no L10N dashboard (i.e. compare locales)
    • if the infrastructure doesn’t come together, should skip string freeze and possibly l10n builds for this milestone rather than slipping
    • davida/kairo will keep an eye on l10n discussion in Fx product meeting
  • String Freeze – Are we on course to get string changes in for next week?
    • Account Configuration bug 422814

      • At the very least, cert-auth is at risk
    • Password Manager bug 239131
      • May not make it, although FF password manager should already be localised for most folks, the preference pane changes are still outstanding.
    • Gloda bug 450494
      • davida: relatively few strings, need to be concerned about UI for upgrading
    • Inline card dialog bug 450724
      • Standard8: on track
    • Improved Message Reader View bug 449691
      • dmose: mostly on track, some risk, looks to be easy to split and land partially


QA Updates

  • huge nose dive in unconfirmed last week – so trend of good results from bugday and other efforts continues

  • Offline/online bug triage net results – two weeks ago started with 39 bugs with no comment since 2007-08-01, now down to 17 bugs. (in fact only 17 have no comments before 2008-05-30) So, a qualified success – but would be great if more people were comfortable working on them :)
  • this week’s bugday focus will be, at least in part, bugs with patches that need love (defined as last bug comment older than 200 days ago)


Gmail Configuration: POP and IMAP

From Jcarroll 09:25, 23 August 2008 (UTC):

See proposed agenda items in the discussion page.

  • davida likes the idea of IMAP

  • need to consider UI implications of Googles tag/folder mapping and what deletion means (viz deletion from saved searches?)
  • part of the autoconfig stuff davida is working on


Roundtable


Status Updates


davida
  • driving

  • autoconfig work w/ bienvenu & benb


dmose
  • held full text indexing meeting

  • discussions with mconnor and davida on flags & driving strategies rejiggered the process and updated <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Release_Driving>
  • updated Tb3 schedule page on wiki
  • updated Tb about:crashes patch (bug 431439)
  • new message view work
  • reviewed account wizard extensibility patch (bug 433801)
  • made a review pass through nsLDAPURL reimplemation patch (bug 419595; needed for pwmgr)


nth10sd
  • Another round of preparatory closemes, now ~250+ TB bugs waiting to be closed in a few weeks.

    • ~1,000 unconfirmed bugs will be closed since bugdays were started 5 months ago.
  • (Really) Finally repaired bugday queries.
  • Gristmill now works for Thunderbird / Sunbird! (thanks mschroeder)


jcranmer
  • Some more address book rewrite stuff

  • Started on an SQL backend, see [1]


Standard8
  • Driving & Reviews

  • Address Book
    • bug 451361 Allow OS X address book selection in junk white list.
  • Autocomplete
    • bug 438861 Revised fix for passing results back to a previous search and committed
  • Password Manager
    • bug 419595 Fixes to LDAP implementation, needs updated patch.
  • Unit Tests
    • bug 450884 Enabled (most) TUnit tests in an effort to improve tinderbox stability (see bug for details).

      • Stability seems to have improved, but still evaluating.


asuth

(I will not be on the call today.)

  • gloda landing bug 450494

    • my status

      • have updated gloda mercurial repo to be able to “drop it in” by checking it out into mailnews/db/global. This allows a dual-existence for the time being. (Of course, a patch is required to get make to walk down into gloda’s directory. Forgot to publish that, will do that.)

      • unit tests writing in progress, will be back in the office on that Tuesday eve. Hope to push a first batch of working tests out soon. They will depend on some helpers I have as a patch against the mailnews core.
      • have bolstered the in-code javadoc-style (some epydoc-style) comments.
    • what I would like
      • If the potential reviewers (I am thinking bienvenu and Standard8?) could start to look at the repository, probably starting from modules/gloda.js, that would be great.

        • Standard8 probably won’t have time; dmose volunteered
      • we should probably plan on tele-con walkthroughs after some initial familiarization/review has occurred. I had done one with dmose and bienvenu back when dmose was up in Vancouver, and that went pretty well. A lot has happened since then, though, so bienvenu might still want in on such a walkthrough. We should probably do this after I get at least the first batch of unit tests out.
  • other
    • I helped justdave with a MIME-related bug and even wrote a unit test! (waiting on netwerk review for the fix, though.)


bienvenu
  • Continued work on easy autoconfig – testing logon verification and port probing.

  • Wrote patch for bug 440366 all keywords/tags of a mail will be deleted if attachment is detached, awaiting review
  • Investigating bug 450649 pop3 partial download broken for global inbox
  • Continued work on saved search grouping+threading
  • Code reviews, 3.0b1 and 3.0 bug triage


emre
  • Still working on bug 440793, bug 439097, bug 436615. A feature complete patch has been submitted. Going to work on it next couple days to make the strategy object scriptable.


gozer
  • We’ve now got the basic infrastructure in place to run our own http:// sites

    • Capable of sustaining the 8,000,000 hits a day we’ve been hearing about

    • Sample Staging website for instance
    • Support for https:// needs a little bit more work
  • Landed bug bug 450456 – TB now has a disk cache!
  • Learned of the web component part of the Autoconfiguration work from BenB
    • validates that *.live.mozillamessaging.com is the right DNS structure for all things needed by Thunderbird itself

    • brought up interesting issues of trust and SSL certificates
      • larger discussion needed; davida will blog about once this is a bit further along
    • I’d like to get the general feel about including our own CA in Thunderbird’s trusted CA list.
  • Decided it’s simpler to host the Lightning/gdata buildbots ourselves, instead of trying to reuse the current community boxes
    • Should happen this week
  • Brought our test Zimbra install in sync with what’s at MoCo to help Calendar folks with debugging problems bug 450534
  • Will be somewhat on/off this week for family reasons


clarkbw


wsmwk
  • weighed in start page, and on some UI issues

  • numerous bug triage, with some focus on profile and startup bugs
  • monitoring m.feedback.thunderbird and m.f.prerelease.thunderbird
  • pushed on bug 258465 Duplicate entries appear in feeds [RSS] and about speech accessibility bug 395631 Using Vista’s speech recognition application it is not possible to dictate into Thunderbird’s message compose window, which dupes to bug 395484
  • trying to keep up with bugmail from Bryan’s flurry of responses :)


beckley


KaiRo


rkent


rebron
  • Continuing work on PR plan.

  • Working on promotional materials to have on hand, giveaways, conferences.
  • Working on updating the web site.


Attendees

Firefox 3.1 Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Firefox3.1/StatusMeetings/2008-08-26

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox 3.1 Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays – Firefox 3 – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel

(See Platform#Meeting_Notes for Gecko 1.9.1 progress)


Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2


Firefox 3.1

  • New on the trunk this week:

    • tracemonkey (needs to be enabled)

      • need people to try it out

      • content jit is a little unstable
      • if you crash, and can identify the script, please file a bug (Core::JS) with prefix of [TM] and a testcase
      • first focus is on bug reports
      • some bugs are being resolved first on the tracemonkey branch then pushed to mozilla-central, soon it will all be mozilla-central
  • Alpha 2 Schedule

    • code freeze was August 19th

    • builds have not yet started
    • will start on Friday or monday
  • Beta 1 Schedule

    • code freeze Sept 9th

    • please nominate for blockers, will start doing query based reports next week


Localization

  • temporary build bots getting set up

  • localizers able to check in and test work starting later this week


QA


Build

  • next priority is 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2

  • not going to get to alpha 2 until later this week – still worth it?


Roundtable

  • bug 448616 – no symbols for 3.1 builds; seems to be a XCode problem, being worked – getting critical

  • bug 433710 – graph server doesn’t show memleaks; patch awaiting review done, now waiting on graph server update
  • if you need icons produced please tell faaborg
  • these meetings
    • cross-functional vs. detailed development line items

    • should we flip wed/tue meeting times?

25-August-2008

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-25

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2008-08-25

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)

  • Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
  • +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
  • +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
  • +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
  • join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel

note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself


WeeklyUpdate Streaming Video & Podcast update

You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla and I’ll link to the Podcast here until I can get the podcast directory listing added to the Air Mozilla page.

Because I suck, there will again be no podcast this week. Sorry. I’ll try again to get it right next week. -Asa


Friends of the Tree

  • Rob Strong wrote in to nominate Serge Gautherie as a friend of the tree. He has been tracking down bugs that cause tests to fail in debug builds as well as tested many edgecases and filed bugs for them.”
  • Deb Richardson wrote in after last week’s meeting, “I would like to nominate Mister Asa Dotzler as one of this week’s friends of the tree for totally kicking ass with setting up video streaming of the weekly meeting on air mozilla. It was much, much more engaging than the regular old ‘disembodied voices over the phone’ that we usually have. Also, with the ability to record and post meetings after the fact, Asa has solved the problem of keeping good and accurate notes for folks in other timezones who can’t make the live meeting. Three cheers for Asa. Awesome, awesome work  :)”

Please send FotT nominations to asa@mozilla.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.


Development Updates


Fx 2->3 Major Update / Fx 2.0.0.17 / Fx 3.0.2

Firefox 2.0.0.16 -> 3.0.1 Major Update

  • no showstopper feedback from beta

  • thanks to some awesome localization work we’re ready to issue the major update today
  • QA is off site for a meeting, so we’ll go live late PDT today, around 7pm
  • initial throttle rate will be 75%, will monitor and adjust based on uptake
  • we will not be issuing the update to ja-JP-mac builds until Firefox 3.0.2

Firefox 2.0.0.16

  • code freeze is tomorrow at 11:59pm

  • several bugs need patches

Firefox 3.0.2

  • code freeze is tomorrow at 11:59pm

  • a few bugs still need patches
  • several bugs need to land


Gecko 1.9.1


Firefox 3.1

  • please update your status on the feature list wiki page

  • code freeze for beta 1 is Tuesday, September 9th
  • good discussion of ctrl-tab interaction on planet.mozilla.org, a summary thread will soon follow on dev-apps-firefox
  • need to pay attention to small usability issues that remain in the product


TB 3

  • Current Schedule

    • Beta 1 string freeze in 1 week (Sept 2)

    • Beta 1 code freeze in 2 weeks (Sept 9)


Mobile

  • Close to release of M7, tracking bug

  • Proposed new themes for Fennec


IT


Release Engineering

  • l10n on mercurial – workaround in progress

  • FF2->FF3 major update still on track for today 7pm
  • FF3.1a2 builds scheduled to start Wed (27th)
  • Armen and Lukas internships ended, now migrating back slowly to Canada.


QA


Security


Marketing/PR

PR

Tracemonkey is announced and well received in the technology trade press; more than 20 articles to date. Highlights include Ars Technica, Information Week, InfoWorld and ComputerWorld

Firefox 3 extension contest appears in ComputerWorld and LifeHacker

Events

  • BarCamp Bangkok, August 30 – 31, 2008: Mozilla is co-sponsoring and Gen Kanai is participating.

  • Events Triage call: Please join us for our bi-weekly events triage call Wednesday at 10 a.m. PDT. Dial-in is 650-903-0800, ext 91, id 248 or 800-707-2533, password 369, ext 91, id 248 and #events on irc.mozilla.org.

Spreadfirefox.com


Support


Metrics

  • We have begun posting about the uninstall survey (data analysis, along with suggested changes we’re looking to implement) at the metrics blog and are looking for feedback.


Evangelism

  • New MDC launched on Tuesday. Updates and fixes for the mostly minor glitches are underway.


Mozilla Labs

  • Labs Meet-up in San Francisco. Thursday 8/28, 6-9pm at the Twitter office, 539 Bryant St. Suite 402, SF. We will be discussing Ubiquity and encouraging general hacking and conversation.


Webdev, Add-ons, AMO

  • SUMO 0.6.2 pushed

  • AMO 3.4.7 pushed
  • AMO 3.5 was merged back into trunk (dev control panel revamp)
  • AUS updates for major updates pushed
  • Breakpad/Socorro – work continues on server-side throttling, PHP version of reporter is staged on cluster, working out some issues with rewrites/apache


L10n

With the addition of these localizations, Firefox’s coverage of the Internet population grew from 88.64% to 93.10%. (This is based on a rough model constructed by Gerv and Seth. Ping sethb if you want to learn more.)

  • bsmedberg volunteered to do unsupported fx3.1 l10n builds


Foundation Updates

  • www.mozilla.org

    • David worked on more www.mozilla.org archiving and redirect issues.
  • Other

    • We also worked on various internal-for-now projects; details later as they move forward.
  • Upcoming activities

    • Frank will be out on vacation most of this week.


Roundtable


Other Business

20-August-2008

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2008-08-20

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S – <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel


Notices

  • 1.9.1 Beta 1 Freeze Tuesday, Sep 9 @11:59PM PDT.

  • Please take a look at the feature list and get things missing added, and update status for things you own: Firefox3.1/Features#Gecko_1.9.1


GFX 1.9.1 Update

  • GFX blocking 1.9.1+

  • GFX wanted 1.9.1+
  • Performance:
    • imglib caching improvements bounced (small lk, oops)

    • CMS perf landed! … But not turned on due to test failures. Our reftests in particular are colour-sensitive, still investigating.
  • Downloadable fonts
    • roc feels we should add a same-site origin restriction on downloadable fonts


Layout 1.9.1 Update

  • 1.9.1 Layout Bugs

  • Video (roc/cdouble):
  • Acid3: Roc or dbaron, status?
  • SMIL (dholbert):
    • Fixed some bugs to allow better & faster reftesting, & added a bunch of new reftests

    • Fixed a bug that made acid3 test #76 fail occasionally with old patches. (There was a race condition between a short setTimeout in the test vs. the time before we take next frame of animation). Now it should always pass.
  • SVG fonts – karlt: won’t be in 1.9.1
  • SVG CSS, roc:
  • media queries (dbaron):
  • CSS transforms – keith: under review (roc + dbaron)


Content 1.9.1 Update

Last week:

  • Worker Threads:

  • Cross-site XHR:
  • XHR Upload and download progress events?
  • Java/OJI bug:


JS 1.9.1

Last week:

  • JS Tracing:

    • Last week’s status:

      • chasing bugs in 449436

      • very few regressions vs. interpreter left, some big wins
      • nested loop tracing / recursive function calls biggest performace problem near term
    • This Week’s Status:
      • going to land in m-c pref’d off
Blocking
417131 igor@mir2.org FIXED JS Enumeration Allocation Consternation
421864 igor@mir2.org review_brendan? Interpreter creates too many doubles
433337 igor@mir2.org FIXED Reunify jsinterp.c on Windows
Wanted
229756 graydon@mozilla.com Make SpiderMonkey’s const extension JS2/ES4 compatible
445262 brendan@mozilla.org display closure optimizations for SpiderMonkey
260106 brendan@mozilla.org wip-patch elisions in array literals should not create properties (js1_5/Array/11.1.4.js)
312354 brendan@mozilla.org FIXED Assignment expressions have wrong type (ecma_3/Operators/11.13.1-002.js)
363534 brendan@mozilla.org FIXED Combine JSOP_LT and JSOP_IFEQ, etc., pairs
445893 brendan@mozilla.org FIXED Use the property cache for JSOP_NAMEINC, etc.
384244 crowder@fiverocks.com FIXED update jsdtoa with interesting pieces of more-recent dtoa
440473 crowder@fiverocks.com FIXED crash [@ Decompile][@ js_GetSrcNoteOffset] with firebug/jQuery
433351 crowder@fiverocks.com review_mrbkap? Implement Object.extend
442379 dmandelin@mozilla.com wip-patch try inline-threading, at least with GCC if not MSVC
305064 mike.kaplinskiy@gmail.com checkin_needed Add trim, ltrim, and rtrim features for javascript strings
352437 general@js.bugs string.link does not escape url
429507 general@js.bugs Function.prototype.bind
433336 graydon@mozilla.com review_shaver? array iteration optimization

411575 igor@mir2.org FIXED js_PutCallObject() is slow.
432881 igor@mir2.org FIXED SM: JSVAL_VOID as a pseudo-boolean
443746 igor@mir2.org FIXED Optimizing the enumeration state allocation
346749 mrbkap@gmail.com FIXED let declarations at top level are turned into var declarations
442358 mrbkap@gmail.com FIXED jsinterp control flow doesn’t flow as specified
444787 mrbkap@gmail.com FIXED Object.getPrototypeOf
312116 nobody@mozilla.org should support catchall getters/setters
445178 rubys@intertwingly.net Decimal Support
419225 sayrer@gmail.com wip-patch refactor ExecuteREBytecode and SimpleMatch
430930 sayrer@gmail.com Date.parse cannot even parse “2008-04-26″ (should understand ISO 8601)
419743 shaver@mozilla.org wip-patch JSOP_CONCATN for improved chained-concat performance
433335 shaver@mozilla.org mark sharp object avoidance


Mobile 1.9.1 Update

  • setting up mobile builds on a staging slave. Curious can follow along in bug 430200


General 1.9.1 Updates

  • offline cache, dcamp: Got first round of reviews last week, working through review comments this week.

  • localStorage, honzab:
  • HTML5 drag-drop


Security

  • Security reviews! Two scheduled today, are they happening?

  • Tracemonkey code walkthrough scheduling
  • Core Security Bugs:


Security Reviews

See the security review schedule page to get your review scheduled ASAP!

  • Did the earlier reviews happen?

  • Can there be a column on this page to indicate when the review is completed?


Roundtable

  • bug 451264 — How can I (ctalbert) determine what it is about setPageMode that is causing this issue? Does anyone happen to know off the top of their head? This is blocking our testing for downloadable fonts and print selection.


mozilla-central

19-August-2008

Firefox 3.1 Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Firefox3.1/StatusMeetings/2008-08-19

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox 3.1 Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays – Firefox 3 – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel

(See Platform#Meeting_Notes for Gecko 1.9.1 progress)


Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2


Firefox 3.1

  • Testing user base counts (measured in ADU pings)

    • 3.1a1 ~ 5500

    • 3.1a2pre ~ 5500
  • New in a1 -> a2

    • windowing reparenting

    • aero glass
    • moz-border image
    • worker threads (partial)
    • cms support (landed, off)
    • video / audio support
    • java plugin (LiveConnect) on OSX is now enabled
  • Alpha 2 Schedule

    • code freeze August 19th (today)

    • mconnor started into blocking triage on firefox3.1 stuff
  • Beta 1 Schedule

    • code freeze Sept 9th


Localization


QA

  • MU fx 2->3 is going well

    • Test signoff, scheduled for signoff tomorrow

    • Localization billboard still blocking
    • For ETAs, please ping ss
  • Firefox 3.1 TestPlan
  • Feature Testplans developed for:
    • Ctrl-tab

    • Awesome bar
    • Addon Update
    • Downloadable Fonts
    • Audio/Video decoder
    • Memory Leaks
  • Firefox 3.1 alpha 2 Release Test Plan
    • Dates?


Build

  • priority is major update

    • can restrict major update on a per locale basis

    • can restrict major update based on source operating systems
      • Firefox 3 doesn’t support OSX 10.3, Win 95, Win 98, Win ME
  • alpha 2
  • 2.0.0.17/3.0.2


Roundtable

  • bug 448616 – no symbols for 3.1 builds; seems to be a XCode problem, being worked

  • bug 433710 – graph server doesn’t show memleaks; patch awaiting review – done
  • bug 445611 – need tryservers that run tests
  • if you need icons produced please tell faaborg

18-August-2008

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2008-08-18

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)

  • Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
  • +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
  • +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
  • +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
  • join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel

note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself


Friends of the Tree

Please send FotT nominations to asa@mozilla.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.


Development Updates


Fx 2->3 Major Update / Fx 2.0.0.17 / Fx 3.0.2

Refocusing efforts on delivering a Firefox 2->3 major update within the next week. This will be from Firefox 2.0.0.16 to 3.0.1. We’re tracking some issues that might block the release but otherwise are looking good.

Firefox 2.0.0.17/3.0.2 was supposed to freeze on Friday. This has been moved out. The new schedule is:

  • Code freeze: August 26 11:59pm PDT

  • Builds start: August 27
  • QA starts: August 28
  • Release to beta channel: September 4
  • Final Release: September 11

This puts code freeze one week after 3.1a2’s code freeze to give developers more time to work on patches.


Gecko 1.9.1


Firefox 3.1

As discussed at last week’s product delivery meeting on Tuesday the
next Shiretoko milestone will be Alpha 2, with code freeze set for
Tuesday, August 19th at 11:59pm PDT. As an alpha, this milestone will be
en-US only, so there is no string freeze date.


TB 3


Mobile


IT

  • CDN Trials

    • Moved www.mozilla.org behind CDNetworks (CDN)

    • Planning on moving www.mozilla.com behind CDNetworks this week
  • Patched Drupal vulnerabilities
  • Upcoming Planned Mainentance
    • Kernel upgrades

    • Bugzilla downtime Tuesday night – Database RAM (8GB -> 16GB) & web server RAM (4GB -> 8GB) upgrades


Release Engineering

  • major update from FF2.0.0.16 -> FF3.0.1 handed over to QA early last Wed morning (13th).

    • doing practice major updates since december2007 :-)
  • moved a bunch of unittest machines from QA network
  • making progress on getting mobile linux builds automated.
  • group stretched thin rest of month.


QA

Firefox 3.0.x

  • Major Updates are now the top priority. We started testing these late last week. Will finish the testing early this week. [juanb, tomcat, tchung]

  • Fixed bug 441703 – direction attribute of marquee should be case-insensitive (for selector matching) [mw22]
  • Migrated bug 423176, Crash with jaws 7.1, to Firefox 3.0.2/Gecko 1.9.0.2. This means that more screen reader users will benefit from the new Firefox 3.0.x, without having to buy expensive upgrades to their screen reader. [marcoz]
  • Verified bugs for 3.0.2 [marcia and others]
  • Triaged over 50 unconfirmed bugs last week [tomcat, marcia]

Firefox 3.1

  • Feature Planning/Testing:

    • Continued creating automated test cases for bug 156716 (mediaqueries) – CSS3 “media queries”. Print cases just about done. [hali]

    • First draft of Addons Manager Testplan for Fx3.1 [tchung]
    • Working on a testplan for <WHATWG> canvas testing [tchung]
    • Wrote AwesomeBar test plan [stephend]
    • Completed a first draft of test plan for Ctrl-Tab feature and circulated it for comments among some of the interested members of the team.
  • Around 7 Gristmill scripts are completed (mostly browser control BFT’s). [hali]
  • Tested and verified bug 450089, which fixes a remaining accessibility issue with the new Session Restore implementation

WebDev Testing – AMO: Verified as FIXED 19 bugs. Continued work on Selenium-based search test suite; 90% finished! [stephend]

Test Tools

Misc

  • QMO2 Project: Good progress on templates and Themes. See staged pages. Working with IT and Advomatic to move staged QMO2 to Mozilla servers. Defined feature specs for Advomatic to help get some of the custom work done quicker.

  • Buzilla Dashboard for QMO – Added sharing and custom path for each chart.
  • Pushed to get tracemonkey build issues fixed. Still outstanding:bug 450848, bug 450612
  • Marco’s Easy ARIA tips blog posts were picked up by css.dzone.com/news!
  • Worked on Testing Event for EU Dev Day. Reviewed list of invitees. Roughed out a list of proposed sessions. [marcia, tomcat, ctalbert]
  • Intern Heather Arthur left after doing a great job on porting JavaScript standard tests for Prototypes and JQuery, Mobile mochitest automation, and Mobile geo-location testing


Security


Marketing/PR

PR

- Mozilla Labs Concept series in InfoWorld, PC World, BusinessWeek

- Myk Melez discusses Snowl during a podcast on Technology Gazette

Events

  • Jornadas Regionales de Software Libre, Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 20 – 22, 2008: Chris Hofmann and Mozilla Argentina community members conducting talks.

  • Congresso Estadual de Software Livre (CESoL-CE), Brazil, August 19 – 23, 2008: Chris Hofmann speaking and meeting up with Brazilian community.
  • COSCUP 2008, Taipei, Taiwan: Mozilla is co-sponsoring and Gen Kanai is attending.
  • BarCamp Bangkok, August 30 – 31, 2008: Mozilla is co-sponsoring and Gen Kanai is participating.


Support


Metrics

  • We’re really, really close to passing 20% worldwide market share (according to Net Applications). the week of August 10th shows Fx at 19.82%. for comparison purposes, we were at 19.22% for the month of July.


Evangelism

  • MDC on MindTouch Deki scheduled to deploy tomorrow (Tuesday, August 19th). Current MDC is in read-only mode for the transition.


Mozilla Labs


Webdev, Add-ons, AMO

  • AMO 3.4.7 open bugs & fixed bugsFreeze – Mon, 8/18 (11:59pm), push: Thu, 8/21

  • SUMO 0.6.2 [1] code freeze was Thur 8/14, push Tue 8/19.
  • Socorro/Breakpad
    • Working with IT to push latest monitor/processor changes

    • PHP version ready to be clustered, needs cron jobs set up for summary tables (this gets the reporter back to a workable state)
  • MU-related (done this week)
  • Graph Server (AKA Perfomatic)
    • Did triage last week, code freeze for 0.4 milestone Aug 28th

    • Focusing on performance improvements
    • Need some help fleshing out important use-cases so we know where to focus perf improvements


L10n

  • See the L10n Dashboard to review the most recent state of Firefox translations.

  • Finishing up 8 locales for beta stage, Bulgarian might benefit from push-out of 3.0.2


Foundation Updates

  • CAs and related issues

    • Frank gave final approval to a request from Comodo to include a new root CA certificate for EV use (bug 421946) and filed bugs 450427 and 450429 for the corresponding NSS and PSM changes.
  • Upcoming activities

    • Gerv will be on holiday until August 20.


Internship Updates

  • Adrian Kalla, l10n intern


Roundtable


Other Business

13-August-2008

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-13

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:01 pm

Platform/2008-08-13

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S – <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel


Notices


GFX 1.9.1 Update

  • GFX blocking 1.9.1+

  • GFX wanted 1.9.1+
  • Performance:
    • imglib caching improvements up for review

    • cms Talos hit down to <= 5% on windows as well as linux – working on a testing framework so it can be landed
  • Features:
    • directfb work landed

    • glass effect landed


Layout 1.9.1 Update

  • 1.9.1 Layout Bugs

  • Video (roc/cdouble):
  • Acid3: Roc or dbaron, status?
  • SMIL (dholbert):
  • SVG fonts – karlt: won’t be in 1.9.1
  • SVG CSS, roc:
  • media queries (dbaron):
  • CSS transforms – keith: under review (roc + dbaron)


Content 1.9.1 Update

  • Content 1.9.1 Bugs

  • Worker Threads:
  • Cross-site XHR:
  • XHR Upload and download progress events?
  • Java/OJI bug:


JS 1.9.1

  • JS 1.9.1 Bugs

  • JS Tracing:
    • Last week’s status:

      • List gathered at the summit for integrating on trunk

      • meta bug: 449436
    • This Week’s Status:
      • chasing bugs in 449436

      • very few regressions vs. interpreter left, some big wins
      • nested loop tracing / recursive function calls biggest performace problem near term
Blocking
417131 igor@mir2.org waiting on something? JS Enumeration Allocation Consternation
430133 mrbkap@gmail.com NOT BLOCKING Object.defineProperty
421864 igor@mir2.org review_brendan? Interpreter creates too many doubles
433337 igor@mir2.org FIXED Reunify jsinterp.c on Windows
Wanted
229756 graydon@mozilla.com Make SpiderMonkey’s const extension JS2/ES4 compatible
260106 brendan@mozilla.org wip-patch elisions in array literals should not create properties (js1_5/Array/11.1.4.js)
312354 brendan@mozilla.org FIXED Assignment expressions have wrong type (ecma_3/Operators/11.13.1-002.js)
363534 brendan@mozilla.org FIXED Combine JSOP_LT and JSOP_IFEQ, etc., pairs
445893 brendan@mozilla.org FIXED Use the property cache for JSOP_NAMEINC, etc.
384244 crowder@fiverocks.com FIXED update jsdtoa with interesting pieces of more-recent dtoa
440473 crowder@fiverocks.com FIXED crash [@ Decompile][@ js_GetSrcNoteOffset] with firebug/jQuery
433351 crowder@fiverocks.com review_mrbkap? Implement Object.extend
442379 dmandelin@mozilla.com wip-patch try inline-threading, at least with GCC if not MSVC
305064 mike.kaplinskiy@gmail.com checkin_needed Add trim, ltrim, and rtrim features for javascript strings
352437 general@js.bugs string.link does not escape url
429507 general@js.bugs Function.prototype.bind
433336 graydon@mozilla.com review_shaver? array iteration optimization

411575 igor@mir2.org FIXED js_PutCallObject() is slow.
432881 igor@mir2.org FIXED SM: JSVAL_VOID as a pseudo-boolean
443746 igor@mir2.org FIXED Optimizing the enumeration state allocation
346749 mrbkap@gmail.com FIXED let declarations at top level are turned into var declarations
442358 mrbkap@gmail.com FIXED jsinterp control flow doesn’t flow as specified
444787 mrbkap@gmail.com FIXED Object.getPrototypeOf
312116 nobody@mozilla.org should support catchall getters/setters
445178 rubys@intertwingly.net Decimal Support
419225 sayrer@gmail.com wip-patch refactor ExecuteREBytecode and SimpleMatch
430930 sayrer@gmail.com Date.parse cannot even parse “2008-04-26″ (should understand ISO 8601)
419743 shaver@mozilla.org wip-patch JSOP_CONCATN for improved chained-concat performance
433335 shaver@mozilla.org mark sharp object avoidance


Mobile 1.9.1 Update

  • setting up mobile builds on a staging slave. Curious can follow along in bug 430200


General 1.9.1 Updates

  • offline cache, dcamp: Got first round of reviews last week, working through review comments this week.

  • localStorage, honzab:
  • HTML5 drag-drop


Security

  • Need to get reviews scheduled below! Like, now.

  • Core Security Bugs:


Security Reviews

See the security review schedule page to get your review scheduled ASAP!


mozilla-central

12-August-2008

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-12

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:01 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-08-12

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes?

    • Bryan


Action Items


Open

  • dmose: clarifying post about how TB 3.0 roadmap should work w.r.t feature freeze, string freeze, etc.

    • Will blog about dates talked about
  • sipaq: file a bug on getting a thunderbird aggregator going on
    • Not on call
  • unknown: file a bug on getting a planet.mozillamessaging.com
    • gozer: we have DNS and servers, need someone to make planet look nice


Closed

  • davida: Shredder Alpha 2 release notes bug

  • dmose: Create flags/searches for beta 2 (bug 450237 filed for target milestone stuff; actual blocking 3.0b2 can probably wait since it clutters UI)
  • wsmwk: posted to the l10n community about testing alpha2 builds for which there are l10n builds available.


Thunderbird:Shredder a2

  • QA 3.0a2 completed, including some focus on l10n. Highlights:

    • Smoketested: XP+Vista, Mac Intel, linux, some locales. BFT: XP/Vista, linux de+en-US (wtg henry.nestler, et al!). Several locales spot checked. Nothing: Vista 64 (trunk build was smoketested), Mac PPC

    • 9 bugs filed or pending, including 1 against locale
    • 11 of 15 locales look good
    • Highly distributed, all volunteer testing is challenging as expected (compared to moco’s QA “duties assigned”, managed and executed by experienced “pros”) :
      • In tracking and assessing end results, difficult to determine who tested how much of which tests. Don’t think litmus can tell us, eg person X completed 100% of BFT for Mac PPC.

      • Inexperienced volunteers = every QA initiative will have some mistakes in testing, and hand holding
    • To Do – exit poll of a) QA participants to determine what worked and didn’t and solicit suggestions, b) people who volunteered but didn’t help, to determine what factor(s) resulted in their not helping (no feedback was posted in newsgroups)
    • Need improved plan for beta 1 QA, including reassess time expectations and organization of volunteers.
    • Need to assess changes wanted in litmus to improve testing management and user environment of beta 1… (eg. bug 450143 don’t populate Build ID# if test is non-browser product). bug 355585 ability for other users to continue with a test suite run. More after postmortem.


Thunderbird 3

  • What makes a good release?

    • adoption

    • “a project that I want to follow”
    • usability, “delight bugs”
  • Demonstration of trajectory
  • Identify big areas of value & schedule risk
    • Action Item (everyone): nominate important bugs for blocking? and wanted?

    • Action Item (drivers): spend some time triaging nominations
    • Schedule driver meeting this week to attack triage blockers/wanted
      • Friday Aug 15th @ 9:30 am PST
  • davida:

    • release notes were really difficult, user visible changes were few yet so many changes happened

    • Action Item (everyone): look for delight bugs for the next release
    • there is already a large list of wanted and blockers, many of which won’t be done. drivers triage these


Thunderbird:Thunderbird 3.0b1

  • Blockers (3):

    • bug 450038 (Owner: Unknown) “Help | Shredder Help” doesn’t redirect to a help site of the applications locale.

    • bug 449949 (Owner: bienvenu) Changing sort of Subject or From to Descending breaks sorting.
    • bug 449202 (Owner/Driver: Standard8) Get Thunderbird L10N builds working on comm-central
  • Proposed Blockers (5)
    • 2 are autocomplete transfer to toolkit – as discussed in last week’s meeting, nominated as high level feature.

    • Other 3 need more work & decisions.


QA Updates


Roundtable


Status Updates


davida


dmose
  • final sr pass over nsIAbCard refactoring bug 413260

  • iterated a bunch more on Weave TB integration bug 447882
  • nailed down issues around Weave crashing in debug builds; nominated NSS update to block 1.9.1 bug 447882
  • did an interview w/dascher for How Software Is Built
  • pushed several minor weave fixes
  • lots of catchup on news, email, bugs, etc; still behind :-/


nth10sd


Standard8
  • Reviews

  • Address Book
    • Added short term planning section to Address Book roadmap – includes proposed milestones

    • bug 449260 Replace RDF driven AB menus with xbl versions
      • In review loop
    • Started work on bug 437908 – fix search/filter in Mac OS X AB, depends on Joshua’s patch for bug 449618
    • bug 445891 Removed obsolete mail.collect_email_address_preferences
  • Autocomplete
    • Started looking at what is required for the remaining feature parity for xpfe versus toolkit autocomplete
  • Build Config
    • bug 449202 Ported some work to TB for getting l10n builds working in mozilla-central.

    • bug 448339 Updated the application update url version (for checking for nightly builds, will mean we can do OS specific major updates)
  • Misc


asuth
  • gloda work

    • nsIMsgDBView fundamentals working (displays things/threads too; properties/view stuff needs love). feels like some speed issues, may need to more aggressively cache things into the node abstraction layer. also, verify that C++ code is actually faster on my box for those folder sizes anyways…

    • ‘collection manager’ (generating add/modified/removed events for messages/things as they are added/updated/removed)
    • hooked up Standard8’s autocomplete proof-of-concept to Bryan’s experimental toolbar, will start wiring it up to gloda…
  • getting gloda into the tree…
    • plan to get started on unit tests soon, probably looking at this weekend for patch-tachment.


bienvenu
  • Found fix for bug 449949 – changing sort of Subject or From to Descending breaks sorting

  • Continued work on bug 379806 – adding grouping&threading to saved searches.
  • Fixed bug 213827 – IMAP offline stores are deleted when connecting to server fails


emre


gozer
  • Got our hands on scrubbed Win32 Ref Platform Image bug 440480

    • Still need to compare that with what we are running
  • We are now master of our own DNS! bug 439076
  • We now have Thunderbird start page logs bug 438059
    • What do we want to do with it?
  • Calendar/Lighting/gdata Buildbots
  • Blog aggregator
  • Thunderbird on OS X : mZdiff:-1660944264 (-1.66Gb) bug 448003
  • XCode 3.1 & OS X 10.5
  • Monitoring
    • We are now monitoring tons more of internal stuff

    • We (I) am now being paged when anything funny happens
    • We (I) am now being paged when MoCo’s TB buildbots go broken
  • Working on the IT Roadmap
  • Day off: Friday (not 100% certain yet)


clarkbw
  • Reviewed

    • bug 445088 quote_inline and mail.content_disposition_type prefs

    • Most of the bugs linked to the prefs UI cleanup bug 448716, ping me if I missed one
    • bug 132121 can’t undo shift-delete
    • bug 408338 session restore
  • Created new toolbar prototype for TB3, will be filing bug regarding changes soon.

  • Will be out on Friday and Monday


wsmwk
  • Bugday and triage offline/online bugs

  • QA 3.0a2
  • Filing bugs against litmus


jcranmer


beckley


KaiRo


rkent
  • BIFF and new flag issues

    • bug 441932 “Keep lists of new messages only in nsMsgDBFolder” still needs an initial comment on overall approach by bienvenu before I can make further progress. Existing patch has already bitrotted.

    • bug 347994 I’ve been pushing for some reviews of this simple patch to fix an intermittent issue in display of the new mail dialog – but it’s hard because the existing code claims it is fixing some obscure layout problem that nobody knows about.
  • Junk mail
    • bug 449768 “Reindexing should save junk-related metadata” I started work on this after discussions on m.d.a.thunderbird about direction.

    • Junk Percent views: I’ve had various discussions about how and whether to display the junkpercent variable. I currently believe it should be displayed as a number in a a “Possible Junk” view.
    • bug 444220 “Can’t change junk folder in account settings” I’ve got an initial patch for this regression, but I want to check it again before review.
    • Other: I want to do some work on tokenization soon to clean up how tokens are selected. This would include 1) eliminate worthless common tokens such as Message-ID, 2) test including “,” as a token limiter so we can pickup comma-delimited items in headers (such as SA rule match fields), 3) investigate why header tokens are not length-limited.
  • Misc
    • bug 438414 I’ve got a fix for this crasher, but the fix leaks. I’m in the middle of dealing now with the glories of reference counting cycles to get it to not crash and not leak.


rebron
  • Auditing Thunderbird mktg messages.

  • Working on product analysis, Zimbra, Windows [Live] Mail, Mac Mail.
  • Working on Thunderbird dashboard and baseline metrics.
  • Wrapping up toi/data transfer of Thunderbird 2 marketing/pr launch activities and Start page.


Attendees

davida, dmose, Standard8, asuth, bienvenu, emre, gozer, clarkbw, wsmwk, KaiRo, rkent, rebron

Firefox 3.1 Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-12

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Firefox3.1/StatusMeetings/2008-08-12

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox 3.1 Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays – Firefox 3 – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel

(See Platform#Meeting_Notes for Gecko 1.9.1 progress)


Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2


Firefox 3.1

  • Testing user base counts (measured in ADU pings)

    • 3.1a1 ~ 5500

    • 3.1a2pre ~ 5500
  • New in nightlies

    • bz’s tab reparenting (drag and drop between windows)
  • Feature status

    • see feature list

    • Potential Risk for 19th
      • bulk tagging

      • awesomebar improvements
      • perf / fsync
      • enhanced compatibility checking during upgrades
      • Better default controls for video
      • SSL error pages improvements
      • downloadable fonts (linux isn’t there, security issues, etc)
      • parts of worker threads
      • CSS transforms
      • offline caching
      • offline transition
      • SMIL (bug 216462)
  • several items feel like another alpha would help
  • Alpha 2 Schedule

    • code freeze August 19th, string freeze August 15th

    • beltzner very lax on triage, will fix over next 48 hours
    • l10n-infra now ready


Localization

  • repositories set up

  • are the localizers checking in with hg?
  • axel to have an answer on tagging/signoff mechanism by Friday


QA

  • Firefox 3.1 TestPlan

    • QA/dev feature assignments complete

    • Work on Feature Testplans have begun
    • Looking for a 1.5 – 2 week window for testing features against the beta
  • QA resources will be light in August
  • MU testing will take about a week (juanb)
    • Fixed MU bugs will also need verifying in 2.0.0.17


Build

  • FF3.1b1 will be done manually.

    • no updates from alpha -> beta
  • still working out L10n and release automation; see discussions in dev.planning
  • RelEng group will be thin end of August


Roundtable

  • bug 448616 – no symbols for 3.1 builds; seems to be a XCode problem, being worked

  • bug 433710 – graph server doesn’t show memleaks; patch awaiting review

11-August-2008

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2008-08-11

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2008-08-11

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)

  • Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
  • +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
  • +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
  • +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
  • join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel

note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself


Friends of the Tree

  • Myk Melez writes in to nominate Archaeopteryx as a friend of the tree for his tireless work as an AMO reviewer. “Archaeopteryx reviews a lot of extensions, but he also goes above and beyond, discussing issues in IRC and filing bugs on problems he finds. His feedback is really useful!”

Please send FotT nominations to asa@mozilla.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.


Development Updates


Fx 2.0.0.17 / Fx 3.0.2

Firefox 2.0.0.17

  • simultaneous release with 3.0.2

Firefox 3.0.2

  • code freeze scheduled for Friday, August 15th

  • see schedule/tracking page for more info
  • plan is for this to be the version that will be used for Major Update
    • still need to work out plan for when we offer it


TB 3

  • Shredder Alpha 2 release candidate built; testing in progress

  • Will be scheduling platform full-text indexing meeting for early next week (probably Tuesday or Wednesday); will announce in dev.planning & elsewhere


Gecko 1.9.1

  • Proposed Gecko Shiretoko 1.9.1 Beta 1 Freeze: Still planning for Tuesday, August 19 @ 11:59PM PDT. Like the Firefox section says below, we’ll be discussing this more in tomorrow’s Firefox meeting.

  • Interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1
  • 21 1.9.1 blockers.
  • 138 wanted bugs
    • 26 P1s. These are bugs we feel would really, really make a good release if we had a solid handful completed.

    • 44 P2s. These are medium complexity bugs/changes that are nice to have.
    • 38 P3s. The lowest priority bugs for this release. These are the ones that we will definitely take, but the others take priority.


Firefox 3.1

  • canonical feature list being assembled for tracking (based on feedback from post-mortem at Mozilla Summit)

  • will be evaluating progress to date at tomorrow’s product delivery meeting
    • code freeze for next milestone is Aug 19

    • l10n freeze for next milestone is Aug 15
    • some developer overlap with 2.0.0.17/3.0.2 might cause schedule risk


Mobile


IT

  • nothing of note :)


Release Engineering

  • Unittest downtimes this week

    • Move machines QA network to Build network, change to use same version of buildbot, same user a/c. One step closer to unifying Build and Unittest machines.

    • doing 1.9 unittest machines 8am PST Tues morning
    • if all goes well, will do moz2 unittest machines Thurs night.


QA

firefox 3.0.x

  • Bug Triage, bug fix verification

  • Created patch for A11y related crash: bug 423176 [marcoz]

Firefox 3.1

  • Worked on Test Plan and updated the features list and QA owner for each one. [tchung, ctalbert]

  • Worked on Beta1 specific Test Plan [tchung]
  • Test Development
    • Developing test plan for Worker Threads [Adam]

    • Tested new video implementation and may have found a way to make the controls accessible to screen readers, by putting them always outside the video element. Am working on a blog post and possibly a GreaseMonkey script. [marcoz]
    • Filed several Video/Audio/Layout bugs, including a few crashers. [mw22]
    • Automating browser control tests from the Litmus BFTs using Gristmill [hasham]
  • Bug fix verification [tchung, others]

JavaScript/Tracemonkey Testing [bc]

  • Added support for running JavaScript shell tests on 1.9.1 tracemonkey using JIT. Have tested locally.

  • Performed a shell test run using 1.9.1 tracemonkey with JIT and filed several assertion bugs.

WebDev Testing

Test Tools

Miscellaneous

  • Gave a “how to write mochitests” preliminary session for Hasham, Paul C and Akira. This will be given again as a open invitation brown bag presentation soon. [harthur, ctalbert]

  • Wrote script for “easy” running of tests on N800, need to add retrying behavior for when fennec dies.

Community

  • Planning for European Developer Day in October [Clint, Marcia, tomcat]

  • Help a Test Day for the Location Bar on Friday, Aug 8th. It was a pretty quiet day. It’ hard to compete with the Olympics opening day. Results
  • Put final touches on the Firefox 3 with screen readers FAQ on Sumo and blogged about it. [marcoz]


Security


Marketing/PR

PR

Events

  • Black Hat: Please update Chofmann’s recap on the Intranet if you attended.

  • COSCUP 2008, Taipei, Taiwan: Mozilla is co-sponsoring and Gen Kanai is attending.
  • BarCamp Bangkok, August 30 – 31: Mozilla is co-sponsoring and Gen Kanai is participating.
  • Events Triage Call: Join us at 10 a.m. PDT on August 13th. Dial-in: 650-903-0800, ext 91, id 248.


Support


Metrics


Evangelism

  • MDC relaunch still scheduled for Thursday, August 14th, although some work is taking longer than expected.

  • Please attach your summit materials (presentations, notes, videos, etc.) to your session page at the wiki. Asa to send mail to all attendees with prodding.


Mozilla Labs

  • Snowl

    • Snowl 0.1 experimental prototype released last week;

    • lots of feedback via blog comments, AMO reviews, blog posts, news articles, discussion forums, bug reports, etc.;
    • reviewing feedback and figuring out where to take it next.
  • Ubiquity

    • Ubiquity 0.1 prototype will be released this week: Ubiquity Description, Command Tutorial

    • It’s an exploration of connecting the web with language, looking at lower-cost ways of extending the browser and exposing cross-site functionality with linguistic command lines.


Webdev, Add-ons, AMO

  • Working on AMO perf release, code freeze Monday

  • Socorro was rewritten in PHP over the weekend (lorchard!!), looking to cluster it and resolve 500 ISE issues with outdates Pylons reporter this week
  • Working on archive policies for crash reports
  • Graph server is fully moved over to Hg and documented, 0.4 milestone is next — focusing on perf issues (triage is this week)
  • Testing new MDC as needed
  • Addressed a couple of security issues: upgraded SUMO Live Chat, fixed AMO cookies


L10n

  • 3.0.2 / 3.1 updates

  • Thai localization sprint. Here is the Twitter feed.
  • Localization efforts in Uganda over the weekend resulted in a translation of Firefox into Luganda. Thanks to Friedel Wolfe for helping with this.
  • Axel and others set up separate l10n repos in Hg and then Axel worked tirelessly to migrate our locales over to Hg. Special thanks to Axel for doing this…amidst the dot-release for Firefox (where we hope to add several languages), Axel is getting our localization community ready for 3.1 by preparing Hg. Seriously great work!


Foundation Updates

  • CAs and related issues

    • Frank gave final approval to a request from Wells Fargo to include a new root CA certificate for EV use (bug 428390) and filed bugs 449393 and 449394 for the corresponding NSS and PSM changes.
  • Other

    • Frank and Gerv were on holiday all week.
  • Upcoming activities

    • Gerv will be on holiday until August 20.


Roundtable


Other Business

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress