Thunderbird Meeting Details
- Who’s taking minutes? –> davida
- davida brought up the idea of having a schedule for minute taking
–> google calendar setup, visible here. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- davida: reschedule meeting, to Wednesdays? – calendar folk will be on future status calls
- See the newsgroup post if you haven’t already.
- Hard to find a time that works for all timezones. Maybe have to stick with current schedules, and find more ways to cross-pollinate.
- Naming (dmose) –> renaming 3.0b1 to 3.0a3, as explained in a blog post by dmose.
- Code freeze Ongoing.
- 26 Locales ready to go.
- gozer doing dry-run
- 3.0b1 Tracking Document
- Release will be manual, just like Firefox 3.1a1 & 3.1a2
- Standard8 is the release driver
- wsmwk is the QA lead of Beta 1
- renaming bug milestones (b1 to a3, b2 to b1)
Blockers / Wanted Bugs
- Proposed Blockers (b1): None
- Proposed Blockers (b? + milestone): 1
- Draft Thunderbird:Thunderbird3:DevRoadmap identifies major work items on the plate for Tb3 — much of it needs scheduling, owning, breakdown.
- More 3.0 high-level work this week (updating schedule w/ 1.9.1 slippage, etc)
- crash stats looking better, for example a good list in 3.0a2 top crashes. However, almost zero 3.0b1pre crashes.
- (any status changed since last week?) The OSX/Intel problems can most likely worked around for the RC, by simply running dump_symbols repeatedly until it runs once without failing.
- bugday ran last week and this week scheduled for 10-02 – continuing focus on trunk bugs. chart
- new public mailing list for making announcements to the testing community thunderbird-testers
- helped track down flagState assertion (bug 455963)
- posted basic assertion fix for nsIMAPGenericParser to bug 383815
- driving work
- fix to parse IMAP [NOMODSEQ] correctly and flagState assertion (bug 455963)
- star UI changes (bug 450724)
- expose IMAP auto sync manager interface to monitor/cancel (bug 45812)
- fix for losing track of messages on IMAP servers with CONDSTORE (bug 456601)
- more message reader polish fixes for bug 455801
- new/edit card star tooltip bugfixes (bug 456863)
- repair borked headers when detected (bug 457052)
- bug 426963#c5 We are leaking more stuff at shutdown.
- Reviews, Driving
- Started updates to website for release.
- bug 456863 New/Edit Card tooltip not resetting in Header bar display
- Toolkit Autocomplete
- Still trying to work out problems with LDAP.
- gloda support
- address book contact overlay editing.
- review action item processing
- implemented address book indexing for tag purposes
- various refactoring of the datamodel, datastore, and indexer to support attributes on things other than messages, storage, etc.
- refactored gloda autocomplete code
- implemented customized XBL autocomplete bindings, for thunderbar awesomeness.
- some enhancements trying to help out bsmedberg; don’t think it helped out, but nice features to have at least for my own usage. (find what function calls returned a specific value in a reasonably efficient fashion.)
- Reviews and Driving
- Worked on beta 1 blockers:
- Fixed (but not checked in) several imap assertions, including bug 455966,bug 455963
- Continued work on kill-rdf repository – the backend no longer finds folders via GetResource.
- Continued work on cross-folder threading – can expand and collapse threads now.
- Post Auto-Sync bugs and improvements
- Regression testing, debugging, assertions,
- New bugs
- Beta 1 Dry Run
- Went okay-ish (ended up with packages/installers for all 3 platforms)
- I don’t have write permissions to mozilla-central, so couldn’t tag myself
- Tagging was almost perfect, with one tiny mistag
- Tagging is scripted for next time around
- Not enough disk space on the build boxes for both a nightly and a release
- buildsymbols on OS X is flacky, but I managed to get a successfull run
mar generation is broken on OS X (Error)— Fixed
- Got to automate the building a little (and the mozconfigs)
- Standard8 is looking into it
- Cleanly builds in comm-central/ on all platforms
- Nightlies are sorted out
- 27 green locales!
- Dashboard working great
- Updating every hour, for lack of a working HgPoller
- New locales were added
- Staging for spreadthunderbird is up
- *.mozillamessaging.com 40k hits/day on our own hardware
- Started looking into how easy/hard running SUMO is
- bug 457136 — drafts saved locally, then pushed remotely
- worked on
- bug 457736 — tagging in inline contact editor
- bug 448716 — prefs UI cleanup
- bug 45715 — reply to list button
- bug 132121 — can’t undo shift-delete of msgs
- bug 315144 — pressing delete on attachment in message
- remote image loading
- will be working on
- Mainly just been getting Penelope/Eudora 8 prepared for the upcoming beta
- Web site – Finalized site map and wire frames. Reviewed first round of creative design with TRO. Getting feedback on design from community.
- Good discussion w/ SUMO team. Moving forward planning/investigation of SUMO 0.7 on *.mozillamessaging.com.
- PR planning for beta 1 and European trip.
- Continued work on tightening up marketing language.