Meeting Notes

30-September-2008

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-30

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-09-30

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> davida

  • davida brought up the idea of having a schedule for minute taking

–> google calendar setup, visible here. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.


Action Items


Open

  • davida: reschedule meeting, to Wednesdays? – calendar folk will be on future status calls

    • See the newsgroup post if you haven’t already.

    • Hard to find a time that works for all timezones. Maybe have to stick with current schedules, and find more ways to cross-pollinate.


Closed


Thunderbird:Thunderbird 3.0b1

  • Naming (dmose) –> renaming 3.0b1 to 3.0a3, as explained in a blog post by dmose.

  • Code freeze Ongoing.
  • 26 Locales ready to go.
  • gozer doing dry-run
  • 3.0b1 Tracking Document

    • Release will be manual, just like Firefox 3.1a1 & 3.1a2
  • Standard8 is the release driver
  • wsmwk is the QA lead of Beta 1
  • renaming bug milestones (b1 to a3, b2 to b1)


Blockers / Wanted Bugs


Thunderbird 3

  • Draft Thunderbird:Thunderbird3:DevRoadmap identifies major work items on the plate for Tb3 — much of it needs scheduling, owning, breakdown.

  • More 3.0 high-level work this week (updating schedule w/ 1.9.1 slippage, etc)


QA Updates

  • crash stats looking better, for example a good list in 3.0a2 top crashes. However, almost zero 3.0b1pre crashes.

    • (any status changed since last week?) The OSX/Intel problems can most likely worked around for the RC, by simply running dump_symbols repeatedly until it runs once without failing.
  • bugday ran last week and this week scheduled for 10-02 – continuing focus on trunk bugs. chart
  • new public mailing list for making announcements to the testing community thunderbird-testers


Roundtable


Status Updates


davida


dmose
  • helped track down flagState assertion (bug 455963)

  • posted basic assertion fix for nsIMAPGenericParser to bug 383815
  • driving work

reviews:

  • fix to parse IMAP [NOMODSEQ] correctly and flagState assertion (bug 455963)

  • star UI changes (bug 450724)
  • expose IMAP auto sync manager interface to monitor/cancel (bug 45812)
  • fix for losing track of messages on IMAP servers with CONDSTORE (bug 456601)
  • more message reader polish fixes for bug 455801
  • new/edit card star tooltip bugfixes (bug 456863)
  • repair borked headers when detected (bug 457052)


nth10sd


jcranmer


Standard8
  • Reviews, Driving

  • Started updates to website for release.
  • bug 456863 New/Edit Card tooltip not resetting in Header bar display
  • Toolkit Autocomplete
    • Still trying to work out problems with LDAP.


asuth
  • gloda support

    • address book contact overlay editing.
  • gloda
    • review action item processing

    • implemented address book indexing for tag purposes
    • various refactoring of the datamodel, datastore, and indexer to support attributes on things other than messages, storage, etc.
    • refactored gloda autocomplete code
    • implemented customized XBL autocomplete bindings, for thunderbar awesomeness.
  • chroniquery
    • some enhancements trying to help out bsmedberg; don’t think it helped out, but nice features to have at least for my own usage. (find what function calls returned a specific value in a reasonably efficient fashion.)


bienvenu
  • Reviews and Driving

  • Worked on beta 1 blockers:
    • Fixed misparented messages in threads, bug 457052

    • Fixed problems filtering pop3 mail when hidden pref to remove dupes is set, bug 457168
    • Fixed drag drop of folders, bug 456096
    • Found fix for imap undo issues bug 444417
  • Fixed (but not checked in) several imap assertions, including bug 455966,bug 455963
  • Continued work on kill-rdf repository – the backend no longer finds folders via GetResource.
  • Continued work on cross-folder threading – can expand and collapse threads now.


emre
  • Post Auto-Sync bugs and improvements

    • bug 457342: Error handling improvement in auto-sync — Done

    • bug 547452: Leaking on shutdown problem — Going to submit a patch
    • bug 457784: autosync_offline_stores pref and offline inbox — Patch submitted
    • bug 456291: mail.check_new_mail pref integration — No patch yet
  • Regression testing, debugging, assertions,

    • bug 457079: hdrs for hdrs — assisted bienvenu

    • bug 444417: undo of delete appears to work, but doesn’t — assisted bienvenu
    • bug 455966: thread-safety assertions — mostly fixed with other patches
  • New bugs

    • bug 457751: Delete, Rebuild, Undo crash – Filed the bug and tested

    • bug 456839: nsAutoSyncManager needs to expose to cancel — Researched, no patch yet


gozer
  • Beta 1 Dry Run

    • Went okay-ish (ended up with packages/installers for all 3 platforms)

    • I don’t have write permissions to mozilla-central, so couldn’t tag myself
    • Tagging was almost perfect, with one tiny mistag
    • Tagging is scripted for next time around
    • Not enough disk space on the build boxes for both a nightly and a release
    • buildsymbols on OS X is flacky, but I managed to get a successfull run
    • mar generation is broken on OS X (Error) — Fixed
    • Got to automate the building a little (and the mozconfigs)
      • Standard8 is looking into it
  • Lightning/gdata
    • Cleanly builds in comm-central/ on all platforms

    • Nightlies are sorted out
  • L10N
    • 27 green locales!

    • Dashboard working great
    • Updating every hour, for lack of a working HgPoller
    • New locales were added
  • Web
    • Staging for spreadthunderbird is up

    • *.mozillamessaging.com 40k hits/day on our own hardware
    • Started looking into how easy/hard running SUMO is


clarkbw
  • submitted

    • bug 457136 — drafts saved locally, then pushed remotely
  • worked on

    • bug 457736 — tagging in inline contact editor

    • bug 448716 — prefs UI cleanup
      • bug 451599 — add ui pref for disk cache

      • bug 456869 — add add-ons pref to pref ui
      • bug 456872 — create adv -> display pref tab
      • bug 446291 — Attachments Folder actions badly needs clarification
    • bug 45715 — reply to list button
    • bug 132121 — can’t undo shift-delete of msgs
    • bug 315144 — pressing delete on attachment in message
    • remote image loading
      • bug 457296 — separate address list allowed to load remote images

      • bug 363856 — AB should default to have the remote images permission
      • bug 363948 — “…Load Remote Images” always opens New Card dialog

  • will be working on


wsmwk


beckley
  • Mainly just been getting Penelope/Eudora 8 prepared for the upcoming beta


KaiRo


rkent


rebron
  • Web site – Finalized site map and wire frames. Reviewed first round of creative design with TRO. Getting feedback on design from community.

  • Good discussion w/ SUMO team. Moving forward planning/investigation of SUMO 0.7 on *.mozillamessaging.com.
  • PR planning for beta 1 and European trip.
  • Continued work on tightening up marketing language.


mkmelin


Attendees

gozer

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-30

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2008-09-30

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Details

  • Tuesday – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S – <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel


Notices / Schedule

  • Beta 1 Schedule

    • en-US string freeze is Thursday, Sept 26th at 11:59pm PDT

    • code freeze is Tuesday, Sept 30th at 11:59pm PDT
  • Beta 2 Schedule
    • en-US string freeze is Thursday, October 30th at 11:59pm PDT

    • code freeze is Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59pm PDT
  • Please take a look at the feature list and get things missing added, and update status for things you own: Firefox3.1/Features#Gecko_1.9.1
  • See the security review schedule page to get your review scheduled ASAP!


Firefox 3.1 Update

  • Places

    • Batch-edit of tags: landed (bug 412002)

    • Tag autocomplete: in review by Mano (bug 415960)
    • Fsync: not making it, hosed the windows unit test boxes, working w/ b&r to figure it out (bug 442967)


GFX 1.9.1 Update


Mac OS X Update

  • Mac OS X nsLocalFile rewrite in review

  • Stat cache removal for Linux and Windows happening
  • More general 1.9.1/1.9.0 fixes on the way


Layout 1.9.1 Update

  • 1.9.1 Layout Bugs

  • Acid3:
    • Points

      • trunk now at 89/100

      • patches currently in bug 302775, bug 174351, bug 454325, bug 178258, and bug 216462 (with –enable-smil or equivalent modification of patch) get us to 97/100
      • missing 3 points (#77, #78, #79) for SVG fonts
      • intermittently (but quite rarely) missing points (#26, #27, #80) for bug 335998 (GC timing and nodes owning parents)
    • Layout tests:
      • white X on purple and red background in upper right is due to lack of support for downloadable TTF fonts (bug 441473, etc.; I think the current patch fixes this on Windows and Mac OS X only)
    • Smoothness:
      • Currently too slow on #26 by about a factor of 4. This is an explicit performance test of DOM. We’re currently spending about 30% of the time in JS+XPConnect (JS, quick stubs) and about 70% in content+layout (content and frame creation, style resolution)
    • Favicon
      • favicon.ico is displayed as the favicon, despite being a 404 response (bug 281150)
  • SMIL (dholbert):
    • Still finishing up some cleanup / refactoring after first review

    • Not going to make b1 freeze — per discussion in meeting, pushing out to Firefox 3.2


Content 1.9.1 Update

  • Content 1.9.1 Bugs

  • Worker Threads:
    • DOM worker XHR-X landed, got backed out, but ready to re-land
  • Cross-site XHR:
    • All but one part is done, reviewed n’ all. The last part is a small change to support cookie-less requests, which is done, and waiting for reviews. Will land today (with or w/o cookie-less request support).
  • Speculative <script src=”…”> loading:
    • <script src=”…”> part done, landed 9/29. But apparently got backed out due to random crashes (?)

    • Speculative loading of images and other resources split into separate bugs.
  • JIT->DOM:
    • peterv, jorendorf, gal, and others in town this week brainstorming about possible approaches here.


JS 1.9.1

  • JS 1.9.1 Bugs

  • Tracing will not be on by default for Beta 1
  • Tracing stability improving, nearly passing test suite
  • JSON landing today
  • Continuing tracing and test coverage work


Mobile 1.9.1 Update


General 1.9.1 Updates

  • offline cache, dcamp: bug 442813 (fallback/opportunistic cache behavior): landing today.

  • offline events, dcamp: bug 426932 (offline events for osx): landing today.
  • localStorage, honzab: bug 422526: waiting on review.
  • HTML5 drag-drop:


Security


Security Reviews


Roundtable

  • Plan on closing the tree tomorrow to land places fsync work. We’ve had issues int the past with windows unit tests hanging, so we’d like to debug in tree since we cannot reproduce locally, or with old windows test boxes. (sdwilsh/dietrich)
  • Documentation: selectors API has been documented; see Firefox 3.1 for developers for links. About half the CSS changes have been documented, as has Object.getPrototypeOf.

29-September-2008

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2008-09-29

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)

  • Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
  • +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
  • +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
  • +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
  • join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel

note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself


WeeklyUpdate Live

You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the “on-demand” button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.


Friends of the Tree

Please send FotT nominations to asa@mozilla.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.


Development Updates


Branch work: Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2 , 3.0.3

  • Released Firefox 2.0.0.17 and 3.0.2 on Tuesday, fixing over 200 bugs including several security vulnerabilities

    • simultaneous release

    • many respins were required; post-mortem to be held later this week (watch dev.planning for the announcement)
    • some regressions made it through the process on 2.0.0.17 and 3.0.2
  • Released Firefox 3.0.3 on Friday, fixing 1 bug

    • regression in password manager found day after 3.0.2 launched

    • fix landed, verified, new builds produced and published tested all in 72 hours
    • required us to back out all other 1.9.0.3 changes and retarget at 1.9.0.4
  • restarting triage for 1.8.1.18 and 1.9.0.4 this week


Gecko 1.9.1


Firefox 3.1

  • continuing to evaluate content for revised schedule, should have decisions by Wednesday

  • Beta 1 Schedule
    • now string frozen for Beta 1 (freeze was Thursday, Sept 26th at 11:59pm PDT)

    • code freeze is tomorrow Tuesday, Sept 30th at 11:59pm PDT
  • Beta 2 Schedule
    • en-US string freeze is Thursday, October 30th at 11:59pm PDT

    • code freeze is Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59pm PDT


TB 3

  • 3.0 beta 1 frozen; small number of blockers remaining


Mobile


IT

  • Completed LDAP upgrade lastnight

  • Completed CVS server OS upgrade (RHEL4 -> RHEL5)
  • Breakpad – priority reporting working
  • Upcoming Maintenance (postponed from last week’s release schedule)
    • Netscaler OS upgrades

    • kernel upgrades
    • mailman upgrades
    • Final MySQL 4 -> 5 migration, will affect:
      • Bonsai

      • Despot
      • Graph Server
      • Litmus


Release Engineering

  • very busy week last week with all the releases
  • fingers crossed on new rel-automation for FF3.1beta1


QA

Firefox 3.0.x [tomcat and others]

Firefox/Thunderbird 2.0.0.x [abillings and others]

  • Firefox 2.0.0.17 – final release testing and released on Tuesday

  • Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 – Final release testing and released very late Thursday night!

Firefox 3.1

  • Feature testing:

    • Layout/CSS: Uploaded patch for CSS Tranform tests in bug 457324. Worked on CSS Border Radius including wrote testplan. Began constructing states from XHR tests. Started investigating the Video Seeking feature for use in Video tests. [ctalbert]

    • Private Browsing Feature: First draft of test plan is done. Flushed out some questions about data that is imported during a PB session. Ran tryserver builds and reported results to Ehsan. [marcia]
    • Building with SVG SMIL enabled and beginning to write tests for those. [mw22]

WebDev Testing – SUMO: Verified 8 bugs for 0.7. Spent lots of time learning/playing with/trying to break the CSAT implementation (customer rating/feedback of support articles)

Mobile – Confirmed several bugs [ctalbert]

Test Development

  • Gristmill:

    • Completed the Beta version. [mikeal, adam, ctalbert]

    • Wrote the Gristmill Tutorial [ctalbert]
    • Working on post beta bug fixes, and new feature planning. Continuing to test the tool by writing tests and solving “Why I didn’t write a test” issues. [adam]
  • Security tests: Triaged all failing test results in public failures to make sure that all detected errors were reported in bugzilla. [bc]

Community

  • QMO2: Updated staged site on Mozilla servers with latest code; logged bug 456796 to import new db dump.

  • Gave a presentation at the Best Of Accessibility Symposium 2008 in Düsseldorf, Germany. Gave a presentation on how web 2.0 apps can be used using a screen reader, and assisted another presenter in his WAI-ARIA presentation by demoing his examples live. [marcoz]


Security


Marketing/PR

PR

Events

  • MozCamp Oct. 25 – 26, Barcelona, Spain

  • MexicoWeb 2.0, Nov. 3 – 4: First major event for Mozilla Mexico. Chris Hofmann and John Resig speaking.
  • Next events triage will be help on October 8th, 2008 at 10am PDT.


Support

  • SUMO 0.7 being released tomorrow! Highlights:

    • E-mail notification for Support Forum (see The vision for SUMO part 7, section “Reaching out to the people in need”)

    • “Customer Satisfaction” support for the Knowledge Base (for some background, read The vision for SUMO part 4, section “Measuring User Happiness”)


Metrics

  • We’ll soon be rolling out a couple multivariate tests at www.mozilla.com. Our objective is to test a solution, while also testing the potential positive impact to the user experience (on our web sites) and download conversion rate. We’ll soon blog about our exact plans at blog of metrics.


Evangelism

  • Mozilla Developer Center

    • Glitches with edits fixed by restarting the Deki software; MindTouch is continuing to try to figure out why it happened in the first place.

    • Work is ongoing on Firefox 3.1 documentation. Please be sure to add any developer-relevant changes to the list on the Firefox 3.1 for developers page.
    • Continuing to work with MindTouch to shape plans for the next Deki release later this year, to ensure that as many of our needs are met as possible.
  • Mozilla Presentations Library

    • Library wiki is up and running, and everyone is welcome to add their presentations to it. The Library lives here: http://library.mozilla.org/

    • Information about how to add your presentations is written up on the How to add your presentation page. If anything is unclear or if you have any questions, please send feedback to Deb (deb-at-mozilla-com aka “dria” in IRC).
  • about:mozilla newsletter has just passed its 40th issue. As always, contributions are more than welcome, and if you have any feedback about the newsletter itself, please contact Deb (deb-at-mozilla-com aka “dria” in IRC).


Mozilla Labs


Webdev, Add-ons, AMO

  • AMO 4.0.2 in progress, code freeze next Monday

  • AMO statistics script is having issues, we are fixing duplicate download counts today and are working on reducing database usage in the script itself (bug 456687)
  • Socorro database migration completed, currently working on improving priority processing delays
  • SUMO 0.7 will be pushed tomorrow night


L10n

  • Preparing for the Barcelona Dev Day. L10n schedule is posted.

  • L10n-drivers work week will happen before the week of the Developer Day.


Foundation Updates


Top Items

  • Mark worked with the team to develop an initial list of priorities for next quarter and next year. This will be boiled down and used for discussion at the October 8 Foundation board meeting.

  • Mark and Frank participated in email discussions about speeding up our CA review process, and Frank will be taking various actions this week to execute on this.
  • Mark provided feedback on agenda and attendee list for the Teaching Open Source track happening at Seneca’s FSOSS conference. Mark and Frank will be participating in this event.
  • Mark had a discussion with Tristan Nitot about Mozilla Foundation collaboration with Mozilla Europe, and agreed to meet with the Mozilla Europe board and help run a 2010 Goals session at MozCamp Europe.
  • David met with Harvey Anderson to discuss the Powered by Mozilla project and sent out recommendations to stakeholders.

For a complete list of other activities please see below.
Bold text


Program activities


Team and organization

  • Mark did an initial round of status calls with Frank, David and Zak.

  • Mark and the team did early planning and goals for the Foundation All Hands meeting (October 28-30 in Mountain View).
  • Frank produced a task list for transitioning ED responsibilities to Mark.


Public communications and community outreach

  • Powered by Mozilla

    • David posted a FAQ about the Powered by Mozilla program and blogged about it.

    • David had a call with John Slater about the Powered by Mozilla logo guidelines and creating a landing page on www.mozilla.org.
  • www.mozilla.org
    • David continued www.mozilla.org archiving, redirect and bug triage work.

    • David looked into a stats issue with missing Urchin logs.
    • David updated the Community pages
    • David posted a draft of the new Roles and Responsibilities page and new Policies page.


Other


Upcoming activities

  • Gerv will be representing the Mozilla Foundation at the mySociety fifth birthday event (October 14, London).

  • Mark and Frank will attend and participate in the FSOSS 2008 conference at Seneca College (October 23-24, Toronto).
  • Mark will attend EU Mozilla Camp (October 25-26, Barcelona).
  • We have a Mozilla Foundation staff retreat planned for late October (October 28-30, Mountain View).


Roundtable


Other Business

24-September-2008

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-24

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:01 pm

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2008-09-24

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda


Action Items

  • any?


SeaMonkey 2 Alpha

open blockers
all blockers
blocker requests

We have 2 open blockers right now:

  • bug 427817 Legacy Prefwindow removal: Mnyromyr will check in the patches tonight (CET).

  • bug 450205 Removing feed detection for Alpha 1: will be checked in for release only.

The following bugs have approved patches but do not block Alpha 1: bug 454859, bug 455807.

We are basically complete for Alpha 1

FREEZE ONGOING!

note: Final string freeze won’t be until b1.

All SeaMonkey-specific patches until Alpha 1 is actually cut (unfreezing) need approval-seamonkey2.0a1+ (or being for blocking-seamonkey2.0a1+ bugs)!

  • KaiRo will coordinate with the Council and the Mozilla build team on where/when to cut Alpha and how to do that and builds.

    • builds will created manually on the machines that also do the nightlies.

    • As soon as we have bug 427817 in, KaiRo will coordinate on cutting the release, i.e. doing an unnamed “branch” with the client.py changes and the feed detection patch, tagging that as well as mozilla-central and the cvs pieces we have in extensions/ and merging it back to trunk in a way that nothing except the tag changes will be there.
    • Once we have builds, we’ll go through the usual dance with smoketesting candidate builds for about a week before releasing them.
    • Thunderbird 3 beta 1 will also be cut in the next few days probably, KaiRo will talk with Standard8 and gozer today about synergy effects.
  • Release notes

    • We need to gather a list of major changes to 1.1.x that this Alpha contains.

      • Contacted Jens Hatlak, who does trunk status blogs.
    • Should we restructure relnotes completely?
      • Who can help with that?

      • Make them span fewer pages than the 1.x release notes.
      • Cover major changes from 1.1.
      • Update the system requirements (e.g. we no longer support Windows NT 3.51) We could probably copy from the README.


Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted
wanted requests

Major wanted/needed features:

  • bug 381157 Download manager.

    • No progress. Callek will pick this up after a1.
  • bug 390025 Kill-wallet (password manager).
    • No progress.
  • bug 360648 Autocomplete.
    • Neil will look at Standard8′s autocomplete patches tonight, which will switch LDAP to toolkit interfaces.

    • There’s some fallout and cleanup to do (e.g. moving xpfe autocomplete to /suite/; making it more XULRunner friendly; remove all the old interfaces, and support toolkit’s image code, so that in theory places can give us favicons).
  • bug 382187 Places history.
    • No progress.
  • bug 36810 Session restore.
    • Status: Waiting for reviews.
  • Shell service
    • Port mcsmurfs Windows code to other platforms (Mac and Linux).

    • Standard8a has done a WIP of the Mac shell service stuff in bug 433254.
  • Toolbar customization.
    • We have all the UI now, except maybe for some odds and ends.

    • KaiRo:
      • People want to customize toolbars.

      • Extensions need toolbar customization to possibly place their icons there.
      • Lightning fails to show any toolbar without toolbar customization.


Other Topics

Toolkit feature-freeze (beta 1 code freeze) now Sept 30th – what needs to land before that from our POV?

  • Toolbar customization patch, bug 407725, waiting for gavin’s review.

    • It looks as if Neil will have to fork toolbar customisation though as Gavin doesn’t seem to like Neils approach.

    • The two main problems are probably (1) pref regression and (2) extension compatibility.
    • KaiRo: suggests doing a tryserver build with Neils patch and then get talos numbers and builds for FF on all platforms out of it, and then someone should go and throw a huge number of some extensions on such a build.
    • Try server builds are currently available at: https://build.mozilla.org/tryserver-builds/2008-09-24_06:14-neil@parkwaycc.co.uk-bug407725/ (Ratty)

Documentation should be redone, we need someone to work on that.

  • One idea is to auto-import in-product help pages to website (and keep them updated) but someone would need to write up a script to do that.

  • Another idea is migrating end-user documentation from www.mozilla.org to seamonkey-project.org, reworking it to be current – help wanted!
  • Yet another idea would be to set up the SUMO system for SeaMonkey to get a knowledge base and web forums (we probably don’t have the manpower for live chat support), some loose contact to SUMO people is available here, but help is also needed.
    • David Tenser from SUMO told KaiRo that we should talk about SUMO for SeaMonkey in Q4, Thunderbird has requested the same and perhaps we can find solutions for both at the same time.

Modern Update: Kuden says mozapps is 60% done (2008-09-11). Ratty


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status)


ajschult


biesi


Callek


IanN

  • Finished off pref-languages patch bug 444411 for stefanh whilst he was on holiday.

  • Did profile migration patch for download preferences bug 444582.
  • Chasing a=TB2.x for getting branch version of patch for bug 416284 for SM1.1.x/TB2.x.
  • Going to start looking at bugs associated with meta bug 436934 – preference changes post prefwindow migration.


KaiRo

  • Landed calendar on comm-central

  • Worked on porting mozilla-central build system changes to comm-central and clean up comm-central build system code
  • Alpha 1 triage as well as poking and pushing people to get the last blockers fixed
  • More work on improving trunk L10n build infrastructure
  • Tried to get unit test boxes green and almost succeeded (review on last piece pending)
  • Work for getting 1.1.12 release done
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work


mcsmurf


Misak

  • bug 36810 (session restore)

  • bug 425480 (non-ASCII characters should be decoded in the urlbar)
  • bug 455877 (port Bug 254714 to SeaMonkey)
  • Bug reporting and bug triage.


Mnyromyr


MReimer


Neil


Ratty


sgautherie


Standard8

  • Have been working on switching TB to toolkit autocomplete interfaces, which should also benefit SeaMonkey.


stefanh


Any other business?

Firefox 3.1 Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-24

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Firefox3.1/StatusMeetings/2008-09-24

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – Firefox 3 – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel

NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes


Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2


Firefox 3.1


Support

  • common issues

  • Awesomebar feedback and mitigation
  • Place user-doc-needed on bugs please.


Localization

37 locales with localizer commits:
be ca cs de en-GB eo es-AR es-ES eu fi fr fy-NL ga-IE gu-IN he hu it ja ja-JP-mac lt mk nb-NO nl nn-NO pa-IN pl pt-BR pt-PT ro ru si sk sr sv-SE tr zh-CN zh-TW

+4

24 locales with just Axel:
af ar as bg cy da el et gl hi-IN id is ka kn ko ku mn mr oc sq ta te th uk

+3

7 empty repositories:
bn-IN fa lv ml ne-NP rw sl

-7

ignored: en-ZA hy-AM nr nso ss st tn ts ve xh zu

l10n-merge builds working locally to some extent


QA

  • Firefox 3.0.2 (QA Lead Tomcat)

    • Released 23.September 2008 !

    • During Feedback Checks (as part of the RRRT Team RRRT 3.0.2 Page ) found Reports and Bugreports that indicate a Problem with the Password Manager (Bug 454993) – Tomcat
    • Still working on the Norton 360 Issue – Tomcat
  • Firefox 3.1 (Tchung)

    • Testplans still influx. Latest updates on Private Browsing, HTML5 DragnDrop, Native JSON, SVG CSS, Worker Threads, SMIL.

    • More JIT testing on trunk. Crashers found, but many known.
    • Ongoing fixed bug verifications


Release Engineering

  • shipped FF2.0.0.17, FF3.0.3

  • status of rel-automation for FF3.1
  • starting FF3.0.3
  • shipping TB2.0.0.17 tomorrow


Evangelism

No real change here. Still planning blog funnel and documentation for 3.1. Eric is well underway for 3.1 docs already. Please post stuff to web-tech blog to help gather materials and features.


Marketing/PR


Roundtable

23-September-2008

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2008-09-24

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda


Action Items

  • any?


SeaMonkey 2 Alpha

open blockers
all blockers
blocker requests

We have 2 open blockers right now:

  • bug 427817 Legacy Prefwindow removal: almost done.

  • bug 450205 Removing feed detection for Alpha 1: will be checked in for release only.

FREEZE ONGOING!

All SeaMonkey-specific patches until Alpha 1 is actually cut (unfreezing) need approval-seamonkey2.0a1+ (or being for blocking-seamonkey2.0a1+ bugs)!

  • KaiRo will coordinate with the Council and the Mozilla build team on where/when to cut Alpha and how to do that and builds.

    • builds will created manually on the machines that also do the nightlies.
  • Release notes
    • We need to gather a list of major changes to 1.1.x that this Alpha contains.

      • Contacted Jens Hatlak, who does trunk status blogs
    • Should we restructure relnotes completely? Who can help with that?


Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted
wanted requests

Major wanted/needed features:

  • bug 381157 Download manager.

    • Status/Progress?
  • bug 390025 Kill-wallet (password manager).
    • No progress
  • bug 382187 Places history.
    • Status/Progress?
  • bug 36810 Session restore.
    • Status: Waiting for reviews.

Other topics:

  • Toolkit feature-freeze (beta 1 code freeze) now Sept 30th – what needs to land before that from our POV?

    • Toolbar customization patch, bug 407725, waiting for gavin’s review
  • Documentation should be redone, we need someone to work on that
    • one idea is to auto-import in-product help pages to website but someone would need to write up a script to do that.

    • Another idea is migrating end-user documentation from www.mozilla.org to seamonkey-project.org, reworking it to be current – help wanted!
    • Yet another idea would be to set up the SUMO system for SeaMonkey to get a knowledge base and web forums (we probably don’t have the manpower for live chat support), some lose contact to SUMO people is here, but also help needed.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status)


ajschult


biesi


Callek


IanN


KaiRo

  • Landed calendar on comm-central

  • Worked on porting mozilla-central build system changes to comm-central and clean up comm-central build system code
  • Alpha 1 triage as well as poking and pushing people to get the last blockers fixed
  • More work on improving trunk L10n build infrastructure
  • Tried to get unit test boxes green and almost succeeded (review on last piece pending)
  • Work for getting 1.1.12 release done
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work


mcsmurf


Misak

  • bug 36810 (session restore)

  • bug 425480 (non-ASCII characters should be decoded in the urlbar)
  • bug 455877 (port Bug 254714 to SeaMonkey)
  • Bug reporting and bug triage.


Mnyromyr


MReimer


Neil


Ratty


sgautherie


Standard8

  • Have been working on switching TB to toolkit autocomplete interfaces, which should also benefit SeaMonkey.


stefanh


Any other business?

  • Modern Update: Kuden says mozapps is 60% done (2008-09-11). Ratty

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-09-23

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? Gozer is

    • Updates to the minutes should be complete by [2008-09-24 03:00:00 UTC]


Action Items


Open

  • davida: reschedule meeting, to Wednesdays? – calendar folk will be on future status calls

    • davida is waiting until after 3.0b1 and calendar 0.9 to sort this out.


Closed


Thunderbird:Thunderbird 3.0b1

  • Code freeze TODAY

  • Thunderbird L10N builds seem to be ok, need to set Freeze date (dashboard)


Blockers / Wanted Bugs

  • Blockers/Wanted:

    • TB 3.0b1 – blocking: 15 (2 post freeze)

    • Not tracked in lists (core):
      • bug 454004 Ctrl+Home / Ctrl+End don’t work in Mail Compose window

      • bug 314160 Typing focus lost when using any Midas buttons/selects except text color/hightlight color
        • Mac only, no fix in sight.
      • bug 455217 Selection colors for plain text files is wrong (white background, blue text instead of blue background, white text)
    • TB 3.0b1 – wanted: 11
  • Proposed Blockers (b1): 4


Thunderbird 3


3.0b1 targeted Main Bugs Progress

  • Account Configuration bug 422814 (beta2, davida)

    • Backend changes have been checked in
  • Password Manager bug 239131 (beta2, standard8)
    • LDAP patch waiting review (completes ldap changes) and update

    • Starting to look at rest of changes, i.e. smtp
  • Inline card dialog bug 450724 (beta1, standard8)
    • davida updating the patch.
  • Improved Message Reader View bug 449691 (beta1, dmose/davida)
    • Complete for beta 1?
  • Toolkit autocomplete migration bug 360648 (beta2, standard8)
    • Fighting LDAP code to do the right thing.


Pushed to beta 2

  • gloda-in-core bug 450494 has been pushed to beta 2, but we will be releasing a new extension with expmess/exptoolbar functionality soon. (part of the reason for the push).


More 3.0 high-level work next week

  • drivers meeting moved to 9:00 AM Pacific this week; dmose to send out email


QA Updates

  • crash stats is totally on the ropes.

    • The OSX/Intel problems can most likely worked around for the RC, by simply running dump_symbols repeatedly until it runs once without failing.
  • status of bugday 09-25 uncertain – have coverage only for session #3
  • modest amount of feedback in bugs to beta 1′s new features during beta 1 testday


Roundtable


Status Updates


davida


dmose
  • GloDa review

  • various other misc reviews
  • IMAP debugging


nth10sd


jcranmer
  • nsIAbCollection bug 450917

  • Cleaning up nsIMsgIncomingServer bug 435775
  • Doing some kill-rdf testing


Standard8
  • Reviews & Driving

  • Autocomplete
    • Reworked fix for bug 325842 due to unit test failures.

    • Trying to sort out remaining LDAP issues.
  • Inline Message Reader View
    • Did reviews and helped with qute theme tidy up (bug 455801
  • bug 450724 Inline edit card dialog
    • Fixed some problems with standalone message window

    • Fixed some issues relating to the show only display name preference.
    • Patch up for Stars, davida improving on it.
  • Address Book
    • bug 455610 – Correct birthday field translation in OS X Address Book interface

    • bug 455240 – Address book card preview pane doesn’t update for card changes via external interfaces and some internal updates.
  • Misc
    • bug 456415 Setting up a vcard for an account doesn’t work

    • bug 450038 – Landed patch for point help to mozillamessaging.com
    • bug 451238 and bug 430762 – Start pages now hosted on mozillamessaging.com
    • bug 358716 – Upgraded LDAP c-sdk to latest version (6.0.6)


asuth
  • gloda review tracking now on User:Andrew_Sutherland/MailNews/GlobalDatabase/Review to augment the bug. (moved existing actionable bug comments to the wiki page.)

  • gloda progress
    • implemented revised indexing logic.

      • now uses bounded event-driven indexing with fall-back to sweep when too many events happen, or just in cases where we don’t need timely updates.

      • indexing now more ‘incremental’ in that we can tell from a header (thanks to a property we set) whether the message has been gloda indexed, and whether it needs to be re-indexed (dirty). this allows sweeps to be practical/efficient.
      • only indexes things that are offline for IMAP
      • indexing is suspended if you ‘go offline’ as a proxy for assuming you are on battery, lacking an indicator for that.
      • indexing is throttled if you are active versus idle. the numbers may need tweaking.
    • changes for review
    • got jsdoc-toolkit based documentation going here. Required/uses some changes I made, available in hg.


bienvenu
  • Reviews and driving

  • Turned off js in mail for b1 bug 453943
  • Found fix for bug 456326 “some other operation in process” assertion
  • Found fix for one case of bug 455964 imap parser assertion
  • Found fix for flag state messed up assertion
  • Landed fix for bug 262319 new messages arriving in threaded view causes affected threads to get resorted
  • Worked with auto sync patch, and fixed static build issue.
  • Worked on kill-rdf repository with jminta – folders no longer getting created through rdf.
  • Worked on threadview repository, starting to thread messages in cross-folder saved searches.


emre
  • bug 436615: Imap Auto-Sync – landed

  • bug 440794: Async send operation – ready for the first cut
  • Post Auto-Sync regression bugs that I’ve worked on
  • Auto-Sync improvement bugs that I’ve worked on
    • bug 456291 usage of mail.check_new_mail

    • bug 455812 XPCOM interface to allow monitor background download operations – patch is ready for review


gozer
  • dealt with colo meltdown all day, will fill this up later


clarkbw


wsmwk
  • collaborated with gerv to improve Hendrix: updated text to inform web form submitor and newsgroup readers “this is not a support forum” bug 453613, captcha added to help prevent spam bug 453652

  • ran testday for new features of beta 1
  • continue to follow up on patch love bugs
  • palmsync component has new default QA palmsync@mail.bugs and updated assignee=nobody
  • awaiting thunderbird-testers mailing list bug 456450


beckley


KaiRo
  • Landed calendar on comm-central

  • Worked on porting mozilla-central build system changes to comm-central and clean up comm-central build system code


rkent


rebron
  • Working on MozillaMessaging.com update. In the information architecture stage, starting design process next week. Here is map info.

  • Thanks to gozer and jb for setting up spreadthunderbird.com. Plugging away on getting spreadthunderbird.com up and running in the next few weeks.
  • Continuing work on promotional/marketing giveaways.
  • Reviewed messaging/pr plan with Mozilla PR and marketing team.


mkmelin


Attendees

gozer, davida, dmose, standard8, rebron, clarkbw, emre, bienvenu, nth10sd

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2008-09-23

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Details

  • Tuesday – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S – <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel


Notices / Schedule

  • Beta 1 Schedule

    • en-US string freeze is Thursday, Sept 25th at 11:59pm PDT

    • code freeze is Tuesday, Sept 30th at 11:59pm PDT
  • Beta 2 Schedule
    • en-US string freeze is Thursday, October 30th at 11:59pm PDT

    • code freeze is Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59pm PDT
  • Please take a look at the feature list and get things missing added, and update status for things you own: Firefox3.1/Features#Gecko_1.9.1
  • See the security review schedule page to get your review scheduled ASAP!


Firefox 3.1 Update


GFX 1.9.1 Update


Mac OS X Update (Josh & Steven)

  • Working on various 1.9.1 blockers

  • Working to remove incorrect fs stat caches, goal is to avoid bad stat data which could cause all manner of filesystem issues for nsIFile users
  • Plugin work, in pursuit of plugin testing framework, accessibility fixes, and Cocoa event model
    • Working on NPAPI headers set for consistency (WebKit and Gecko should expose and build off of the exact same set of headers)

    • working on NPAPI SDK including sample plugins
    • working on incorrect native events attached to synthesized DOM events
    • working on a spec to allow for plugins to not eat events when they don’t handle them


Layout 1.9.1 Update

  • 1.9.1 Layout Bugs

  • Video (roc/cdouble):
  • Acid3
    • Numeric tests

    • Layout tests
      • white X on purple and red background in upper right is due to lack of support for downloadable TTF fonts (bug 441473, etc.; I think the current patch fixes this on Windows and Mac OS X only)
    • Smoothness
      • Currently too slow on #26 and perhaps others (although probably not, per bug 410460, comment 54)
    • Favicon
      • favicon.ico is displayed as the favicon, despite being a 404 result (bug 281150)
  • SMIL (dholbert):
    • Addressing design-simplification review comments from roc

    • Posting updated patch for further review today, probably.
  • External reference loading (bz)


Content 1.9.1 Update

  • Content 1.9.1 Bugs

  • Worker Threads:
    • DOM worker XHR-X ready to land

    • Next up is catching up with the spec changes.
  • Cross-site XHR:
    • The parts that are done are being reviewed, some missing new spec issues still to code up.
  • Speculative <script src=”…”> loading:
    • Looking good, already speculatively parses scripts. Cleanup etc still to be done.

    • Speculative loading of images and other resources to be split into separate bugs.
  • JIT->DOM:
    • Some proof of concept code/experiments tested out already.

    • Peterv will be in town next week to pick up part of this work with Andreas.


JS 1.9.1


Mobile 1.9.1 Update

  • Mobile 1.9.1 Platform Bugs

  • bug 432792 Making push to get Windows Mobile builds going this week — please review any patches you see for Windows Mobile issues as soon as possible.


General 1.9.1 Updates

  • offline cache, dcamp:

  • localStorage, honzab:
  • HTML5 drag-drop:


Security


Security Reviews


Roundtable

  • Thunderbird team looking for help nailing down spellchecker lossage bug 429118 (which is believed to be the same as the Firefox bug 432225) as soon as we can (our code freeze is tonight). Any interested parties please contact dmose@mozilla.org.

22-September-2008

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2008-09-22

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)

  • Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
  • +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
  • +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
  • +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
  • join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel

note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself


WeeklyUpdate Live

You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the “on-demand” button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.


Friends of the Tree

I’d like to nominate, for Friend of the Tree, LouCypher, also known as Zoocar9, who joined Spread Firefox on September 2004 and has been involved on various Firefox related project since, including buttons/banners for promoting Firefox (resulting in nearly 100,000 downloads,) Firefox Materials (a collection of links for Firefox promotion materials), search plugins, extensions, user scripts for Greasemonkey extension, user styles for Stylish extension, scripts for userChrome.js extension, custom buttons for Custom Buttons extension, and now FoxieWire.

Join me in celebrating LouCypher’s 4 years of Spread Firefox ass-kicking.

Please send FotT nominations to asa@mozilla.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.


Development Updates


/ Fx 2.0.0.17 / Fx 3.0.2

Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2

  • regressions were found during the beta period

  • quickly fixed, testday found no additional issues
  • betas reissued last Friday
  • expect to ship these releases Tuesday, Sept 23rd

Thunderbird 2.0.0.17

  • in beta now.

  • ships on Thursday, Sept 25th.


Gecko 1.9.1

  • Check out the Way Cool Work going into Gecko 1.9.1.

  • See freeze dates below in Firefox 3.1 section.
  • Interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1
  • 35 1.9.1 blockers.
  • 195 wanted bugs (also up)
    • 21 P1s. These are bugs we feel would really, really make a good release if we had a solid handful completed.

    • 53 P2s. These are medium complexity bugs/changes that are nice to have.
    • 42 P3s. The lowest priority bugs for this release. These are the ones that we will definitely take, but the others take priority.


Firefox 3.1

  • approximately 10,000 users on nightlies

  • another 10,000 or more on 3.1 Alpha 2
  • currently evaluating content for revised schedule
  • Beta 1 Schedule
    • en-US string freeze is Thursday, Sept 26th at 11:59pm PDT

    • code freeze is Tuesday, Sept 30th at 11:59pm PDT
  • Beta 2 Schedule
    • en-US string freeze is Thursday, October 30th at 11:59pm PDT

    • code freeze is Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59pm PDT


TB 3

  • 3.0b1 code freeze happening tomorrow

  • expect more feature changes after b1


Mobile

  • Release of M8 this week

  • List of bugs remaining for A1.
  • If you have a N8x0 device, we welcome you to test out Fennec and file bugs.


IT

  • Continued CDN Trials

    • Tested addons.mozilla.org behind CDNetworks bug 450745
  • Thursday Scheduled Maintenance
    • Wrap up kernel upgrades Thursday

    • Netscaler OS upgrade (San Jose, Amsterdam, Beijing)
  • Rescheduled – Upcoming Hg/SVN/CVS downtime blog post


Release Engineering

  • changeset info now reported on tinderbox for talos runs, should make tracking down regressions easier.

  • downtime for unittest switchover tomorrow morning, see Lukas’s post to dev.planning.
  • Tues/tomorrow: FF3.0.2 and FF2.0.0.17
    • did a *very* fast turnaround on FF3.0.2build#6 late last week.
  • Thurs: TB2.0.0.17
  • half-way to end of our post-FF3 Firefox2 support, see blog post and post to dev.planning


QA

Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 – Completed Smoketests, BFTs, l10n, and update testing [abillings, juanb]

Firefox 3.0.x

  • Released 3.0.2 RC6 to beta. Completed smoke tests, update testing, bug verifications, and live checks. [tomcat, tchung, marcoz, marcia, others]

  • Extensive Investigation of the Norton 360 issue. See bug 452469

Firefox 3.1

  • Feature testing:

  • More testing with JAWS 10.0 public beta. Verified that some of the bugs reported to us by Freedom Scientific and mutual user base are indeed fixed in 3.1. Most of these also in 3.0.2. [marcoz]
  • Filed a number of Tracemonkey bugs: bug 455773, bug 451843

Mobile

  • Joel is ramping up on trouble shooting the failing mochitests

  • QA filing bugs like crazy.

Test Dev

  • Gristmill

    • Found out that the approach for looking up anaomous elements won’t work. Adam and Mikeal came up with a new lookup proposal. Finished initial implementation of the Lookup object. Still need to do inspector work and testing.

    • Finished the initial MozMill framework event system. Added listeners for the existing UI to display new framework messages. [mikeal]
  • Working on setting up the Standalone Talos for Pageloader Tests with Extensions installed [tomcat]
  • Improved the bisect.sh script for finding regressions and fixes for JavaScript Tests [bc]

Community

  • We held a Dev Day at Seneca College on Sept 15-16. Key leaders of this were Dave Humphrey, Mark Finkle, Clint Talbert. Videos of all the sessions will be made available via the Seneca website and hopefully on DevMO.

  • There was a Firefox 3.0.2 Test Day on Friday. See results
  • Held a Firefox/WebVisum/general MoFo talk at the Blinden- und Sehbehindertenverein Hamburg e.V., which is the local blindness self-help organization. Well-received with a lot of good questions and excitement.
  • Prepared a presentation that I’ll hold at the Best Of Accessibility Symposium on Thursday September 25. First presentation will be for newcomers to screen reader technology showing how web 2.0 pages like Twitter interact with a screen reader. Second will be on WAI-ARIA, demonstrating simple page enhancements that greatly improve accessibility.


Security

  • 3.02 is scheduled to ship tomorrow

  • Window spoke at IT Security World on Monday and Executive Women’s Forum on Wednesday last week
  • Security Reviews continue
  • Looking for ways to reduce the security bug backlog


Marketing/PR

Consumer Research

PR

Events

  • Browser Redesign Series at University Michigan: Labs is working with School of Information Students to host a brainstorm session on how to improve Firefox on September 25th.

  • Events Triage call: Please join us for our bi-weekly events triage call Wednesday at 10 a.m. PDT. Dial-in is 650-903-0800, ext 91, id 248 or 800-707-2533, password 369, ext 91, id 248 and #events on irc.mozilla.org.

Retention Marketing

  • Impact Mozilla, an upcoming marketing contest with the goal of addressing our retention marketing challenge, is set to launch next Monday. Expect to soon see a micro site and a blog post announcing the launch. Thanks to John Slater, Seth Bindernagel, Laura Mesa, and Nobox for their help here. Lastly, please let us know if you’re aware of any student groups who would be interested in participating.

Creative/Brand

  • The Firefox logo style guide (beta) is on schedule to launch later this week. Please see John or Tara with any questions.


Support

  • Feedback from French localizers Delphine Lebédel and Vanessa Yve about the localization process on SUMO [1]. Highlights:

    • Difficult to get an overview of e.g. which articles need translation, or which edits need review.

    • Complicated UI — unclear what certain icons and options mean, or how things work
    • Site is slow
  • Next step: talk to other localizers to gather more feedback, and work on fixing the issues


Metrics

  • No updates


Evangelism

Presentations Library

Morphing the “Evangelism Library” into a “Presentations Library” where folks will be able to upload their slide decks and post whatever other resources related to that presentation are available – summary paragraph, speakers notes, links to or full video/audio recordings, etc. The idea would be to have a central location for these resources (Mozilla people do a lot of talks, it turns out) so they can be reused, remixed, localized, and re-shared.

The wiki currently lives here http://library.mozilla.org. If you’d like to help out with (or have questions about) this project, send email to Deb (deb-at-mozilla-com).
  • 3.0.2 rapid response team gearing up (Asa)

  • Upgraded Deki for devmo (Sheppy)


Mozilla Labs

  • Labs Meet-up in Mtn. View. Thursday 9,25, 6-9pm. Pizza, hacking, conversation.

  • Making a push for Ubiquity on Thunderbird, if there are any expert, please contact us and we welcome your advice


Webdev, Add-ons, AMO

  • AMO

    • AMO 4.0.1 was launched successfully last week

    • AMO 4.0.2 opens today
    • AMO statistics were borked after an IP change for the slave database last week bug 455628 — fix was implemented in bug 452290
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • Pushed 0.6.4 out last Tuesday

    • 0.7 code freeze this week
  • Headrush
    • Working on style changes

    • Aiming to do a quiet release before end Q3
  • Graph Server
    • Architecture brainstorm & meeting last week

      • Perfomatic:Rearchitecture

      • Focused on performance, adding customization features and detecting regressions.
      • Will start work on re-architecture in Q4
  • Labs forums were migrated off of SMF onto Vanilla


L10n

  • Pike landed JarMaker.py, which lays the groundwork for l10n-merge and other improvements in the l10n build ecosystem. (Questions about L10n-merge? Email sethb.)


Foundation Updates

Note: This is Mark Surman’s first day as the new executive director of the Mozilla Foundation. Please welcome Mark as he gets settled in to his Foundation work. He can be reached at mark -at- mozillafoundation -dot- org.

  • Web site(s)

    • David continued www.mozilla.org archiving, redirect, and bug triage work.

    • David scheduled the next www.mozilla.org planning meeting for October 2 at 10 am Pacific.


Roundtable


Other Business

17-September-2008

Firefox 3.1 Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-17

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Firefox3.1/StatusMeetings/2008-09-17

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – Firefox 3 – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel

NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes


Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2

  • found 2 regressions during beta (bug 454406 and bug 455283

  • fixes for those bugs were landed yesterday, along with ride alongs (bug 455587 and bug 443918)
  • new 3.0.2 builds appearing today
  • revised schedule is:
    • Sept 17: builds available

    • Sept 17-19: QA on 3.0.2 build 6 (smoketests, spotchecks)
    • Sept 19: re-issue 3.0.2 beta to beta channel (needed?)
    • Sept 23: ship 3.0.2 and 2.0.0.17


Firefox 3.1

(see this week’s development meeting notes for more Firefox 3.1 / Gecko 1.9.1 development information)

  • Nightlies

    • showing ~ 12k active daily users

    • CMS landed on by default, caused perf hit, rethinking
    • CSS transforms landed
  • Alpha 2

    • released Friday, Sept 5th

    • showing ~ 10k active daily users
  • Beta 1 Schedule

    • en-US string freeze is Thursday, Sept 26th at 11:59pm PDT

    • code freeze is Tuesday, Sept 30th at 11:59pm PDT
  • Beta 2 Schedule

    • en-US string freeze is Thursday, October 30th at 11:59pm PDT

    • code freeze is Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59pm PDT


Support

  • continuing to work with Symantec on the issue being experienced by some users of Norton 360 and Firefox 3; investigation notes here

  • Weekly common issues: [1]


Localization

builds are on VMs, mac builds should come alive shortly, still setup problems

upload time vastly improved

33 locales with localizer commits:
be cs de en-GB es-AR es-ES eu fi fr fy-NL ga-IE gu-IN he hu it lt mk nb-NO nl nn-NO pa-IN pl pt-BR pt-PT ro ru si sk sr sv-SE tr zh-CN zh-TW

21 locales with just Axel:
af ar ca cy da el gl hi-IN id is ja ja-JP-mac ka ko ku mn mr oc sq th uk

14 empty repositories:
as bg bn-IN eo et fa kn lv ml ne-NP rw sl ta te

ignored: en-ZA hy-AM nr nso ss st tn ts ve xh zu

mr and th waiting to be added to the build, eo and et coming in

Firefox 3.0.2 beta locales torn between getting their initial feedback on beta landed on one tree and getting into fx3.1 b1

Roc would be point person for layout changes that would love intl testing.


QA

  • Firefox 3.0.2 (QA-lead Tomcat)

    • Currently running smoketests for Firefox 3.0.2 Build 6 for Mac and Linux, Windows will follow when we have signed builds.

    • Other spotchecks with l10n builds and update follow as usual
    • All other Tests were completed last week before build 5.
    • So far for Beta Feedback, we have so far no other regression report
  • Firefox 3.1 (tchung)

    • Ongoing testplan and testcases work

    • Dogfooding with JIT enabled. Crashes found but having issues with socorro reporting
    • Working on fleshing out tests for new CSS attributes in platform (background images, border radius, transforms, font-face, svg clip path etc)


Release Engineering

  • TB2.0.0.17 handed to QA earlier this week

  • slow progress on release automation on hg
  • slow progress on mobile automation


Evangelism


Marketing/PR

  • need timings on release dates as soon as you can

  • start thinking about what the Firefox 3.1 package will look like


Roundtable

  • it would be good to have a set of known issues and workarounds ready for when we ship Firefox 3.1

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress