SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Who’s taking minutes? –> Ratty
Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 381157 Download manager.
- …ongoing (see Callek’s status).
- bug 390025 Kill-wallet (password manager).
- bug 382187 Places history.
- bug 36810 Session restore.
- bug 394288 / bug 413385 Toolbar customization.
- bug 456757 Modern theme update.
- bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
- bug 454847 Fishcam update.
- Waiting on new http://www.fishcam.com/ (by the original fishcam creator) might just be what we are looking for.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch.
- Handling bug 420506 Thunderbird kill-rdf.
- bug 415372 Implement Feed Preview.
- asrail has taken over the assignment is working on this.
- mcsmurf is working on bug 471346 (Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service) which is helpful for Feed Preview.
- bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
- First full scale patch waiting for review.
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Started reviewing session store.
- bug 415372 Submitted a WIP for bug 415372. Waiting review from Callek, but already have addressed most comments from Ratty locally.
- My son was born on the 19th and been busy nearly these past few weeks with newborn child stuff. So got myself a bit delayed. I still expect to have DLMGR stuff ready for a3 though.
- Been working on combined context menus for mailnews bug 469498.
- Been investigating how mailnews UI deals with adding/removing RSS feeds.
- On holiday for a week.
- Will be reviewing the tabmail patch next.
- Worked on fixing some test failures and test leaks
- Local work for dusting off and unbitrotting the SeaMonkey-specific patches for pwdmgr switching
- Removed “what’s related” sidebar (Alexa sidebar available as add-on)
- Some preliminary work for getting a tree-based dlmgr UI based on toolkit backend
- Summarized SeaMonkey vision thread
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- Working on bug 471346 (Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service) which is helpful for Feed Preview.
- Bug triaging. Discovered a somewhat major bug in Windows integration in SeaMonkey and Thunderbird.
- Finished another Shell service patch.
- bug 36810 (session restore) Waiting for review to be completed.
- bug 459550 (Port Bug 448976 (turn the Session Restore prompt into an error page) to SeaMonkey).
- bug 425480 (non-ASCII characters should be decoded in the urlbar).
- bug 455877 (port Bug 254714 to SeaMonkey).
- Porting tests for session store.
- bug 460960 (Port Thunderbird’s tabbed interface) First full scale patch waiting for review
- investigating bug 468351 (Illegal characters in mail headers suppress (rest of) header value in threadpane/headerpane)
- preparing mailnews-UI-move out of /mailnews
- random other bugfixes and reviews ;-)
- Started work on bug 471372 Customizable Toolbars in Navigator (Part 2). WIP Patch is waiting for review.
- Filed bug 471508 (Make the toolboxChanged() callback return useful information) so that we can reset our custom attributes if the reset button was pressed.
- Triaging and closing Unresolved SeaMonkey Bugs and managed to get the total down to 490 (but the number is creeping up again :-P ).
- Fixed Core/… (but SM related) bugs:
- bug 469606 |nsEudoraEditor.cpp(134) : error C2511: ‘nsresult nsEudoraEditor::PreDestroy(void)’ : overloaded member function not found in ‘nsEudoraEditor’|
- And working on other areas… like
- infrastructure for running tests
- filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit and Reftest) tests
Any other business?
- Now that feeds are in mailnews we probably need to get some reorganisation of components in bugzilla.
- We should talk with the mailnews people on what they want on this.
- We should also file a BMO reorganization bug to track SeaMonkey/Thunderbird requirements.
- Thunderbird is moving towards building mozilla-central nightlies as well as mozilla-1.9.1 nightlies. What are SM plans on this?