Meeting Notes

31-December-2008

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-30

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2008-12-30

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Ratty


Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted
wanted requests

Major wanted/needed features:

  • bug 381157 Download manager.

    • …ongoing (see Callek’s status).
  • bug 390025 Kill-wallet (password manager).
  • bug 382187 Places history.
  • bug 36810 Session restore.
  • bug 394288 / bug 413385 Toolbar customization.
    • Started work on bug 471372 Customizable Toolbars in Navigator (Part 2). Patch is waiting for review.

    • Filed bug 471508 (Make the toolboxChanged() callback return useful information) so that we can reset our custom attributes if the reset button was pressed – Ratty.
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
  • bug 454847 Fishcam update.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch.
    • helpwanted.
  • Handling bug 420506 Thunderbird kill-rdf.
  • bug 415372 Implement Feed Preview.
    • asrail has taken over the assignment is working on this.

    • mcsmurf is working on bug 471346 (Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service) which is helpful for Feed Preview.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • First full scale patch waiting for review.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


ajschult

  • Started reviewing session store.


asrail

  • bug 415372 Submitted a WIP for bug 415372. Waiting review from Callek, but already have addressed most comments from Ratty locally.


biesi


Callek

  • My son was born on the 19th and been busy nearly these past few weeks with newborn child stuff. So got myself a bit delayed. I still expect to have DLMGR stuff ready for a3 though.


IanN

  • Been working on combined context menus for mailnews bug 469498.

  • Been investigating how mailnews UI deals with adding/removing RSS feeds.
  • On holiday for a week.
  • Will be reviewing the tabmail patch next.


KaiRo

  • Worked on fixing some test failures and test leaks

  • Local work for dusting off and unbitrotting the SeaMonkey-specific patches for pwdmgr switching
  • Removed “what’s related” sidebar (Alexa sidebar available as add-on)
  • Some preliminary work for getting a tree-based dlmgr UI based on toolkit backend
  • Summarized SeaMonkey vision thread
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.


mcsmurf

  • Working on bug 471346 (Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service) which is helpful for Feed Preview.

  • Bug triaging. Discovered a somewhat major bug in Windows integration in SeaMonkey and Thunderbird.
  • Finished another Shell service patch.


Misak

  • bug 36810 (session restore) Waiting for review to be completed.

  • bug 459550 (Port Bug 448976 (turn the Session Restore prompt into an error page) to SeaMonkey).
  • bug 425480 (non-ASCII characters should be decoded in the urlbar).
  • bug 455877 (port Bug 254714 to SeaMonkey).
  • Porting tests for session store.


Mnyromyr

  • bug 460960 (Port Thunderbird’s tabbed interface) First full scale patch waiting for review

  • investigating bug 468351 (Illegal characters in mail headers suppress (rest of) header value in threadpane/headerpane)
  • preparing mailnews-UI-move out of /mailnews
  • random other bugfixes and reviews  ;-)


MReimer


Neil


Ratty

  • Started work on bug 471372 Customizable Toolbars in Navigator (Part 2). WIP Patch is waiting for review.

  • Filed bug 471508 (Make the toolboxChanged() callback return useful information) so that we can reset our custom attributes if the reset button was pressed.
  • Triaging and closing Unresolved SeaMonkey Bugs and managed to get the total down to 490 (but the number is creeping up again :-P ).


sgautherie

  • Fixed Core/… (but SM related) bugs:

    • bug 469606 |nsEudoraEditor.cpp(134) : error C2511: ‘nsresult nsEudoraEditor::PreDestroy(void)’ : overloaded member function not found in ‘nsEudoraEditor’|
  • And working on other areas… like
    • infrastructure for running tests

    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit and Reftest) tests


Standard8

See Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-12-30#Standard8


stefanh


wladow


Any other business?

  • Now that feeds are in mailnews we probably need to get some reorganisation of components in bugzilla.

    • We should talk with the mailnews people on what they want on this.

    • We should also file a BMO reorganization bug to track SeaMonkey/Thunderbird requirements.
  • Thunderbird is moving towards building mozilla-central nightlies as well as mozilla-1.9.1 nightlies. What are SM plans on this?
    • We don’t have the hardware for this at the moment.

    • bug 464325 is tracking our hardware requirements.
    • See also bug 470184 Track comm-central issues building with mozilla-central

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-30

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-12-30

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> standard8

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.


Calls For Help


Action Items


New


Open

  • dmose – Draw up straw man schedule for shipping one month after Firefox.

  • dmose – Suggest to drivers about a new flag for potential post-TB3 blockers.
  • clarkbw – send mail about drivers about triaging 3.0b1 wanted this week
  • dmose – triage [tb3needs] bugs


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 2

  • For reference, Gecko 1.9.1b3: Jan 13 Code Freeze, Jan 15 QA, Jan 26 Release according to their plan.
  • clarkbw is release driver

  • gozer is build engineer
  • Proposed: Slushy string freeze from: Monday 2nd February 23:59 PST
  • Proposed: Firm string freeze and slushy Code freeze from: Thursday 5th February 23:59 PST
  • clarkbw will send out email to drivers for wanted/blocker triaging.


Thunderbird 3


QA Updates

  • topcrashes

    • bug 471492 crash [@ nsImapMailFolder::CopyMessagesOffline]

    • bug 422907 nsMsgLocalMailFolder::GetTrashFolder (rootFolder is null)
    • bug 470804 NS_GetInnermostURI (CAPS?) (TB2) (no “owner”)
    • bug 470808 nsProxyEventObject::CallMethod (imap)
    • bug 470835 nsMsgLocalMailFolder::AddMessage (should be fixed in 12-23 nightly) (optimistically gone)
  • We believe we have now have fixed the problems with crash reports on Mac. Update to builds post 20081224 and we’ll be able to get proper crash reports.
    • Standard8 will to let folks know to upgrade.


Roundtable


Status Updates


davida


dmose
  • 2010 goals discussion

  • MoMo board meeting stuff
  • strategy discussions
  • font discussions
  • filter subsystem architecture discussion
  • gloda-by-default discussion
  • upcoming MoMo website change review
  • branching/tinderbox discussion
  • JS-in-mail work
  • SF office space spec work


nth10sd
  • Now back full steam post-Christmas & through the new year.

  • Usual occasional bug triage.
  • Working on first automated TB litmus test 5426.
  • Got some TB patches into MozMill.
    • getMail3PaneController() should work perfectly.

    • getAddrbkController() should also work (almost) perfectly.
    • Now there’s only a non-working new/getMsgComposeController() left..
      • (Taken out since there’s a simple keypress workaround)


jcranmer


Standard8
  • Reviews

  • Password Manager
    • Almost complete patch now available on bug 433316

    • Need to sort out “password protect cache” – have some ideas, hope to solidify this week.
    • Also still need one sr in ldap before it can land bug 419595
  • Mozmill in Leak & Bloat
    • Did some work to simplify running mozmill with TB and highlight the parts that are still preventing us from running the tests automatically, raised bug 471510 to cover the details
  • Misc
    • bug 468108 Pointed the l10n dashboard to the right repository (mozilla-1.9.1) for l10n comparisons etc

Two week goals (End of week 2):

  • Complete Password Manager migration

    • See above, almost complete
  • Complete moving Leak and Bloat to Mozmill
  • Lead Address Book discussions
    • Delayed due to Christmas
  • Investigate fixing LDAP Issues with threads and shutdown.
    • Delayed due to Christmas
  • Look at Performance tests
    • Delayed due to Christmas

Two week goals (Start of week 1):

  • Complete Password Manager migration

  • Complete moving Leak and Bloat to Mozmill (if Mozmill issues are resolved)
  • Investigate if there is a simpler way to switch fully to toolkit autocomplete without doing too much work.
  • Look at Performance tests
    • Get some rough ideas of what & how.

    • See if we can get a Ts structure in place (or something else)
      • This would be useful for jemalloc and assessing implementing a packages-static file for unix.


asuth
  • Holiday last week, half-time this week.


bienvenu
  • Reviews

  • Fixed bug 470011 – playback of offline imap operations needs to check if dest folder exists
  • Fixed exception thrown when loading .eml files, bug 470119
  • make forward inline not include the references headers for mail messages, bug 464782
  • make updating news counts not leave all the .msf files open bug 470219
  • Fixed imap auto sync not to leave db’s open, bug 470221

Two week goals (end of week 2):

Two week goals (week 2)

  • Finish folder archiving work. bug 451995

    • made imap folders default to archive folder on imap server; made “Archives” localizable.

    • several dependent bugs fixed or awaiting review
      • respect personal namespace when creating imap folder under root, bug 470269

      • make addsubfolder notify for new imap folders, make sure root folder has hierarchy delimiter cached, bug 470151

Two week goals (week 1)

  • Try to knock off some beta 2 blockers between the holiday festivities

  • Get initial archive patch reviewed, perhaps in smaller chunks.


emre
  • Two week goals

    • Finalizing activity manager and activity manager integration of core components.

    • Implementing a two level auto-sync model for TB-Idle cases.


gozer
  • Build

    • Rewrote the unittest buildbot master to be branch-capable

      • Moving builders over to it as we speak
    • Mac OS X now using Dwarf (crash symbols issues seem resolved too)
  • Web

    • SpreadThunderbird Google Analytics live.

    • Got a fully working bouncer installation, need to think about production setup
  • Personnal

    • On vacation: Jan 9th – Jan 16th (on call)


clarkbw
  • release driving

    • reviewing dates
  • catching up with bugs
  • small calendaring experiment
  • blogging


wsmwk
  • crash monitoring

  • attacked SM mailnews: message display critical bugs
  • litmus test cleanup continues


beckley


Penelope


KaiRo


rkent


rebron
  • Web site in is production with silver orange.

Two Week Goal

  • Continued web site work, coordinate web site localization.

  • 2009 event planning.
  • Continue work on Support/Help plan.


sipaq


mkmelin


Attendees

dmose, nth10sd, standard8, asuth, bienvenu, emre, gozer, clarkbw, wsmwk, rkent, rebron, jminta

30-December-2008

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2008-12-29

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 8, 2009)

  • Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
  • +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
  • +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
  • +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
  • sip:weeklystatus@mozilla.com from generic SIP clients
  • http://air.mozilla.com/ to watch and listen
  • join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel

note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself

WeeklyUpdate Live: You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the “on-demand” button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.


Friends of the Tree

Please send FotT nominations to asa@mozilla.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.


Development Updates


Branch work: Firefox 3.0.6 / Major Update

  • Firefox 2.0.0.20 to 3.0.5 Major Update

    • Going out to Beta today (12/29)

    • Final release in early/mid January
    • Localizations are working on translating the new major update banner
  • Thunderbird 2.0.0.19
    • Being released tomorrow at 11am (ahead of schedule!)

    • Next Thunderbird 2 release will likely be in March
  • Firefox 3.0.6
    • Code freeze is January 6 at 11:59pm

    • Final release is targeted at early February


Gecko 1.9.1


Firefox 3.1

Firefox 3.1 Beta 3

  • Dec 31 – string freeze <– coming soon! take note!

  • Jan 13 – code freeze
  • Jan 19 – QA start
  • Jan 26 – ship to users


TB 3


Mobile


IT

  • No real updates this week.

  • Last week was slow, took advantage of the slowness to run through kernel upgrades and other miscellaneous updates.


Release Engineering

  • Releases discussed above.


QA

  • Releases (mostly covered above)

    • Thunderbird 2.0.0.19 testing, attempt to release this week

    • Pre-release testing of 2.0.0.20 Major Update to 3.0.5
  • 100,000 top site test ongoing
    • Found and reduced two crash bugs to reproducible testcases so far, more to follow
  • Tested and Released Alpha 2 for Fennec!
  • Keeping abreast of Firefox 3 testing in CSS Tranforms, Session Restore, and PPC support among others
  • Code coverage statistics are almost ready, getting the last kinks worked out
  • Mozmill 1.0 will be released this week
    • Bug fixing for Thunderbird support

    • UI improvements


Security

Mozilla is investigating the issue of improperly issued SSL certificates from a Comodo reseller. See extra long thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tech.crypto/browse_thread/thread/9c0cc829204487bf#


Marketing/PR

PR

Engagement

  • New wiki page posted with Dec08 update slides.

Community


Support

No updates this week. Thanks to all SUMO contributors (and of course the SUMO team and all helpful peers) for a fantastic 2008! Here’s to an even more spectacular 2009. :)


Metrics


Evangelism

  • No Updates.


Labs


Developer Tools


Add-ons


Webdev

  • No updates.


L10n


Foundation Updates


Roundtable


Other Business

24-December-2008

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-12-23

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> standard8

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.


Calls For Help


Action Items


New


Open

  • dmose – Draw up straw man schedule for shipping one month after Firefox.

  • dmose – Suggest to drivers about a new flag for potential post-TB3 blockers.


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 2

  • Drivers meeting last Thursday.

  • Probably not much would be done in the next week or two — Christmas / New Year.
  • Dates below may get pushed back.
  • dmose notes about Gecko’s code freeze dates in Jan.
  • For reference, Gecko 1.9.1b3: Jan 13 Code Freeze, Jan 15 QA, Jan 26 Release according to their plan.
  • clarkbw is release driver

  • gozer is build engineer
  • Proposed: Slushy string freeze from: Monday 2nd February 23:59 PST
  • Proposed: Firm string freeze and slushy Code freeze from: Thursday 5th February 23:59 PST


Thunderbird 3


QA Updates

  • topcrashes

    • bug 422907 nsMsgLocalMailFolder::GetTrashFolder (rootFolder is null)

    • bug 470804 NS_GetInnermostURI (CAPS?) (TB2) (no “owner”)
    • bug 470808 nsProxyEventObject::CallMethod (imap)
    • bug 470835 nsMsgLocalMailFolder::AddMessage (should be fixed in 12-23 nightly)


Roundtable


Status Updates


davida


dmose


nth10sd
  • bug 459719 has good progress, we can use getMail3PaneController() and getAddrbkController() in mozmill scripts to bring up the mail 3 pane window and the address book window.

    • getMsgComposeController() and getAcctSettingsController() are implemented in that bug but currently don’t work.
  • Will probably be out the few days after Christmas to celebrate. :)


jcranmer


Standard8
  • Reviews

  • Password Manager
    • bug 469977 Tidy up and provide unit test for mailbox protocol handler (= pop).

    • bug 470410 Implement basic protocol handler tests for IMAP and News Protocols
    • bug 470439 Fixed up news password migration for password manager.
  • Mozmill in Leak & Bloat
    • Situation improving, still have one issue that where jsbridge isn’t working for us.
  • Misc
    • bug 466530 Create new string for What’s New tab

    • bug 470112 Remove old mail.toolbars.showbutton.* prefs from about:config (aka mailnews.js).
    • Finally drove bug 399227 into the mozilla-central tree and fixed some bustage relating to it.

Two week goals (Start of week 2):

  • Complete Password Manager migration

  • Complete moving Leak and Bloat to Mozmill
  • Lead Address Book discussions
  • Investigate fixing LDAP Issues with threads and shutdown.
  • Look at Performance tests
    • Get some rough ideas of what & how.

    • See if we can get a Ts structure in place (or something else)
      • This would be useful for jemalloc and assessing implementing a packages-static file for unix.


asuth


bienvenu
  • Reviews

  • Made forward inline not include the references headers for mail messages, bug 464782
  • Made updating news counts not leave all the .msf files open, bug 470219
  • Made addsubfolder notify for new imap folders, make sure root folder has hierarchy delimiter cached, bug 470151
  • Fixed one possible cause of biff not firing for imap, bug 459487

Two week goals (end of week 2):

  • Turn autoconfig branch into a reviewable patch for trunk

    • Deferred rest of work until I’ve finished the folder archiving work

    • Got autoconfig working again on the branch, made all the strings localizable, and added code to prevent creation of duplicate accounts.
  • Finish folder compaction changes and unit tests.
    • patch up for review
  • Reduce review queue backlog
    • Review queue in reasonable shape.

Two week goals (week 2)

  • Finish folder archiving work. bug 451995

    • several dependent bugs fixed or awaiting review

    • rest of work will probably have to wait until next week

Two week goals (week 1)

  • Try to knock off some beta 2 blockers between the holiday festivities


emre
  • Two week goals

    • Finalizing activity manager and activity manager integration of core components.

    • Implementing a two level auto-sync model for TB-Idle cases.


gozer
  • Build

    • Got Linux, Win32 and OS X bloat builders following mozilla-central

    • Upgraded OS X dep/nightly builder to XCode 2.5
    • crash symbols generation closer to being stable
  • Web

    • SpreadThunderbird updates

    • Tested Sumo vs. vanilla TikiWiki
    • Looked at Bouncer and alternatives
  • Personnal

    • Sickness++

    • Will be working thru christmas and new year
    • On vacation: Jan 9th – Jan 16th (on call)


clarkbw
  • More work on exptoolbar.

  • Various bug comments/updates.
  • Working most of the time apart from Christmas Day, Eve & New Year.


wsmwk
  • filed new topcrashers

  • bugday
  • Please land big patches asap so the nightly testers can try them out.


beckley


Penelope

Almost finished with next beta. Will release after holidays are over.

  • bug 466046 MsgOpenNewTabForMessage() broken when specifying a message

  • bug 435567 would like to open new tabs with middle-click
  • bug 464110 Toolbar Customization dialog only opens once per session
  • bug 429440 Preview pane must be visible for tabs to render
  • bug 468704 Option to autohide tab bar
  • bug 466107 Alt + Click Activates Menu
  • bug 469782 Toolbar transfer does not work; right-mouse does
  • bug 378543 Toolbar: Option should invert Open/Transfer behavior
  • bug 470194 Save/restore thread pane scroll position in tabs
  • bug 417081 Send Later toolbar button mapped incorrectly


KaiRo


rkent

The last few weeks I’ve been preparing and releasing extensions that use features from the backend work I’ve been doing for the last year. Details are available at http://mesquilla.com. Now I’m working on the last one, TaQuilla, which will implement soft tags (automatic tagging using the Bayesian filter.)

After that, there are some bugs that still affect me and my extensions that I’d like to squash. For example, I still regularly have my message DB blown away on some folders, plus there are some known cases where the app still blows it away, such as in certain message copies. There will also be some additional backend work needed by my extensions, such as separating the Bayesian filter a little from junk processing, and adding support for direct playing of ogg vorbis files from XPCOM. I would love to improve the support of extensions in TB by supporting installing of extensions directly from a TB browser. I also want to think about how to expand the scope of existing message filter search criteria – for example by adding support for custom search criteria.


rebron

Two week goals (end of week 2):

  • Support documentation, audit (see what we have on .org and .com) and plan for what we need for beta 2 and final release.

  • Web site production hand-off to silver orange and global teams.
  • Update SpreadThunderbird with analytics module, events module and printed materials.


sipaq


mkmelin


Attendees

standard8, bienvenu, emre, gozer, clarbw, wsmwk, beckley.

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Platform/2008-12-23

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Details

  • Tuesday – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S – <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel


Notices / Schedule

Beta 2

Blocker Report


Firefox 3.1 Update


GFX 1.9.1 Update


Layout 1.9.1 Update


Content 1.9.1 Update


JS 1.9.1


Mobile 1.9.1 Update


General 1.9.1 Updates


Security


Security Reviews

Still outstanding / to be scheduled

  • Javascript Tracing

  • Private Browsing
  • Clear Private Data
  • view-source (email sent?)
  • HTML5 drag-and-drop
  • native JSON
  • Windows TSF integration
  • elliptical border-radius
  • blocklist enhancements

Booked but not yet completed

  • about:sessionrestore


Roundtable

  • build and unittest machines now pooled

    • more machines available to do unittests, faster turnaround time

    • fewer columns on tinderbox
    • should otherwise be the same as before; file bugs if you see any problems.

23-December-2008

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2008-12-22

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 8, 2009)

  • Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
  • +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
  • +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
  • +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
  • sip:weeklystatus@mozilla.com from generic SIP clients
  • http://air.mozilla.com/ to watch and listen
  • join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel

note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself

WeeklyUpdate Live: You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the “on-demand” button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.


Friends of the Tree

  • Alix writes in to nominate “Bruno Magrani, Koichi Kameda, and Ronaldo Lemos at FGV for their hard work in organizing and moderating Mozilla’s first LAN House workshop in Rio, Brazil last week.
  • Simon Montague nominated Serge Gautherie, Robert O’Callahan, and Vladimir Vukicevic for making reftesting faster and friendlier.

Please send FotT nominations to asa@mozilla.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.


Development Updates


Branch work: Firefox 2.0.0.19 / 3.0.5 / Major Update

  • Firefox 2.0.0.19 / 3.0.5 / 2.0.0.20

    • Shipped Firefox 2.0.0.19 and 3.0.5 on Tuesday

    • Noticed that the 2.0.0.19 release was incomplete
    • Shipped 2.0.0.20 release on Thursday
  • Thunderbird 2.0.0.19
    • Shipped Thunderbird 2.0.0.19 to beta users on Thursday

    • Aiming for final release in early January
  • Firefox 3.0.6
    • Code freeze is January 6

    • Aiming for ship date in early February


Gecko 1.9.1


Firefox 3.1


TB 3


Mobile

Two bugs remaining before A2 release.


IT

  • Handled three releases & a SUMO update:

    • Funnelcake – 12/15

    • Firefox 2.0.0.19/3.0.5 – 12/16
    • Firefox 2.0.0.20 – 12/18
    • support.mozilla.com – 12/18


Release Engineering

  • another busy week of releases:

    • FF2.0.0.19

    • FF2.0.0.20
    • FF3.0.5
    • TB2.0.0.19
    • partner major updates
    • funnelcake
    • major update (ff2.0.0.20->ff3.0.5)
  • a11y turned on in production bug 424195
  • consolidated pool of build-and-unittest slaves bug 465868


QA

Test Execution

  • Shipped Fx2.0.0.19 & Fx3.0.5 on 12/16

  • Then shipped a quick Fx2.0.0.20 in < 1 1/2 days
    • Testplan results

    • Fx3.1 feature tracking spreadsheet
      • Testplan completion: 89%

      • Testcase completion: 73%

Web Dev testing, Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Crash Reports

  • Re-released QMO2 – our community testing portal.

  • We are looking for more nightly testers on mozilla-central!
  • Web Dev testing- Tested bug fixes for the Community Store and Support
  • Accessibility- The tests are finally running on mozilla-central and mozilla-1.9.1 production Tinderbox unit test machines. Lukas switched them on on Thursday morning, and so far, they are looking good.
  • Metrics- Generated new code coverage data from the Firefox 3.2Alpha1 trunk. Modified the Lcov and geninfo tools that come with gcov to work with Mozilla builds to generated file source line level link for CodeCov report.
  • Crash Reporting- Helped with some new reports that are finally starting to go live. See alpha versions of: MTBF, By Domain, By URL.

Test Development

  • Working on an extension with locale testing of Major Updates (MUs). See bug 452327

  • Testing mobile in preparation for Alpha 2
  • Test of 100,000 Topsites is running (so far around 22,000 Pages are done!)
  • Investigating Mochitest failures on Fennec. See details

Misc

  • Attending 25c3 Security Conference in Berlin next week


Security

No updates.


Marketing/PR

PR

Impact Mozilla

Other


Support

  • With 0.8 we now have support for detecting and showing Firefox 3.1 specific information for people running that (beta) version. Going to start adding content for these users on the most common issues articles shortly.

  • Thanks to Wil Clouser, we now have SUMO support in Verbatim, meaning localizers can translate the site UI using this interface, which is a lot more straightforward than the built-in SUMO UI. I’ll be blogging about this tomorrow with more info on how to log in.


Metrics


Evangelism


Labs


Developer Tools


Add-ons


Webdev

  • SUMO 0.8 shipped with some issues on Thursday, so we pushed out 0.8.0.1 on Friday to fix. New search not yet turned on as we’re trying to solve an issue with the indexing [[1]] [[2]] for more info.

  • Verbatim support for SUMO
  • Community Store 2.0 released, now has galleries for contributors, search and various other bug fixes
  • Most of webdev on vacation this week, or trapped in the snowpocalypse. laura, rdoherty, lars, lorchard are on deck.


L10n

  • Firefox 3.1 beta 3 correspondence and schedule has been sent to all localizers


Foundation Updates

  • David created a draft survey for the Powered by Mozilla program; for more information see David’s blog post.

  • Mark worked on the 2009 Foundation budget and related tasks.
  • Eitan Isaacson completed his Foundation-funded project to create a test framework for non-interactive inspection of the accessibility APIs provided by web browsers; among other things, this allows comparison of Firefox’s accessibility support with that of IE, Safari, Opera, etc. For more information see Eitan’s blog post and related progress reports, as well as his slide presentation.
  • Frank started public discussion for the CA inclusion request from S-TRUST.


Roundtable


Other Business

18-December-2008

Firefox 3.1 Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-17

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Firefox3.1/StatusMeetings/2008-12-17

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – Firefox 3 – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel

NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes


Firefox 2.0.0.x / 3.0.x


Firefox 3.1 Development

(see development meeting notes)

Beta 2

  • ~200k daily users on the beta

  • trying to get solid nightly user numbers

Beta 3

  • holiday time means we need to be cautious to ensure that people get patches up in time for reviews, etc

  • schedule:
    • String freeze is December 31st, 11:59pm PDT (happy new year)

    • Code freeze is January 13th, 11:59pm PDT
    • QA Start is January 15th, 9:00am PDT
    • Release is targeted at January 26th


Support

3.1

  • Private Browsing tutorial is up (no screenshots)

  • bug 414715 – Notification of locked places.sqlite is going to be checked in soon.
    • We still nee to set up the redirect. bug 466125

    • We’re still working on destination article. We can have something up now, if we have to. The issue/fix are still under investigation. bug 467814
  • SUMO 0.8 will be pushed tomorrow night, which will include backend support for showing 3.1-specific content (vs. 3.0).
  • We would like to add something to our Hiding bookmarks in the Smart Location Bar article about what is being done to help users disable the Smart Location Bar in 3.1. What do we put?
  • Issue: Hotmail doesn’t work, bug 462428, 4 complaints this week.
  • Issue: New Tab button is not movable. bug 457187

3.0.5

  • Bookmarks/cookies not working due to damaged/locked sqlite files is still the top issue. bug 464486

  • Youtube crashing Firefox has completely stopped after a fix on Google’s end.
  • Users inadvertently selecting first item from every menu, on the rise, may be Kaspersky bug 454693 or having too many bookmarks bug 406646
  • 3.0.5 RRRT page

2.0.0.18


Localization

  • Outreach starting for 3.1 Beta 3 (gandalf/sethb), flock of locales still on B2

  • Push for remaining 3.0.x locales de-Beta (stas)


QA


Release Engineering

  • Firefox 2.0.0.20

    • Full release – all platform w/ updates

    • MU will now be from 2.0.0.20 -> 3.0.x


Add-Ons

  • Add-Ons are now 39% compatible with Firefox 3.1

  • feel like the word has been well-conveyed, though we still need to do email outreach to all Add-On authors


Evangelism

  • New Demos page Firefox3.1/Demos – starting to collect ideas and links

  • Working with Wikipedia on Ogg Theora support
  • Sheppy working on offline docs with Dave Camp and others


Marketing/PR


Roundtable

  • database hook for buildbot running on l10n.m.o, gonna experiment with presenting builds based on that

17-December-2008

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-16

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2008-12-16

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Ratty


Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug)

  • Summarize SeaMonkey vision thread to useful goals, post them, and get a final series of comments before deciding on them in the Council [KaiRo]


SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 2

Has been released.

Thanks to everyone who helped achieving that!

Any feedback we should care about?

  • Pretty much favourable.


SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 3

Bug Queries

open blockers
all blockers
blocker requests

  • Plans for freeze?

    • Likely new features:

      • Customizable toolbars (Navigator and Messenger).

      • Smart Locationbar.
      • Session Store.
      • Tabmail (Tabbed interface in MailNews).
    • Thunderbird probably freezing on Jan 29, would that be a good target for us?
      • No objections.


Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted
wanted requests

Major wanted/needed features:

  • bug 381157 Download manager.

    • Has some more progress, delayed from some personal build issues (upgraded MozBuild and ran into conflicts with GDesktop I didn’t expect) and my patch I was going to attach came at a time tree was red (rebuilding now and will get new patch up this week) finally.
  • bug 390025 Kill-wallet (password manager).
    • Standard8 needs to fix up the imap/news/pop protocol handlers first, but we might be able to switch in the next two weeks.

    • Currently working on bug 469807 SMTP protocol needs protocol handlers for toolkit password manager.
  • bug 382187 Places history.
    • landed for alpha3.

    • Some follow-ups filed, some already being actively worked on.
    • Grouping support in the history window, should be able to land soon.
    • Preferences UI for the smart locationbar: we need some info from Markdak on the supported preferences.
  • bug 36810 Session restore.
    • Still waiting for review – Andrew promised he’ll have some time within a week and should be able to look into it.
  • bug 394288 / bug 413385 Toolbar customization.
    • No progress, but I will start on the last phase to turn on the customize toolbar functionality. This should be ready for alpha3 – Ratty.

    • Toolkit bug 407725 is in mozilla-central and 1.9.1 now and seems to stay for good now.
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update
    • Kuden has delivered an updated mozapps/ in the form of a theme jar file, and is now working on global/

    • The next step is to file bugs/patches for each sub-module under mozapps/ in order to get reviewed – Ratty.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
    • Work in slowly progress. A new set of toolbar icons, based on the old ones, are attached in the bug. Lots of css work left, though.
  • bug 454847 Fishcam update.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch.
    • helpwanted
  • Handling bug 420506 Thunderbird kill-rdf.
    • bug 460952 Ensure Thunderbird kill-rdf doesn’t break SeaMonkey.

    • bug 460953 Port jminta’s kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
    • Not much more progress. mcsmurf is currently waiting for reviews on some smaller things (related to killing RDF).
  • bug 415372 Implement Feed Preview.
    • Callek will be concentrating on the download manager instead.

    • Callek still promising fast reviews, since he knows the general lay of the Firefox code and how it all ties together fairly well.
    • asrail has volunteered to drive this forward.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • Mnyromyr will be start working on this during this weekend.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


ajschult

  • Will be gone Dec 21-31


biesi


Callek

  • More work on DLMGR, I have progress dialoges (roughly) working locally — I think (see Build issues comments above)

  • After briefly talking with KaiRo I decided to put the plate I was saving for feed Preview back in the cabinet for someone else to take… I will provide all the help I can here (including fast reviews! something hard to come by)… See my newsgroup post for more.
  • Various discussions regarding longer term planning and testing infrastructure.


IanN

  • Doing usual reviews and testing.

  • Been working on combined context menus for mailnews bug 469498


KaiRo

  • Worked on 2.0a2 and 1.1.14 releases (latter to be released the upcoming night).

  • Repackaged, tested and released 11 experimental language packs for 2.0a2.
  • bug 382187 places history finished & landed.
  • Some small followups to the latter, including fixes for places tests that failed on SeaMonkey.
  • Worked on removing “What’s Related” sidebar.
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.


mcsmurf


Misak

  • bug 36810 (session restore).

  • bug 459550 (Port Bug 448976 (turn the Session Restore prompt into an error page) to SeaMonkey).
  • bug 425480 (non-ASCII characters should be decoded in the urlbar).
  • bug 455877 (port Bug 254714 to SeaMonkey).
  • Tests for cert error page.


Mnyromyr

  • Preparing mailtabs.


MReimer


Neil


Ratty

  • Triaging and closing some old/obsolete bugs.

  • Track mozillazine threads on the new Smart Locationbar.


sgautherie

  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:

    • bug 467192 (Back-)Port |Bug 223943 – expand “mailnews.headers.showUserAgent” to include x-newsreader| to SeaMonkey
  • Fixed Core/… (but SM related) bugs:
    • bug 458847 colordepth.html TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL on my Windows 2000: 24<->32 bit colors mismatch
  • And working on other areas… like
    • infrastructure for running tests

    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit and Reftest) tests


Standard8

See Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-12-16#Standard8


stefanh

  • Started to work a bit on bug bug 460699 (Make the default theme look better on mac). Fixed a couple of minor ui bugs.


wladow


Any other business?

  • Standard8 suggests adding an “Account Manager” component under Mailnews Core since most of our account manager code is shared at the moment and it doesn’t make sense to fork it.

  • Date of next meeting.
    • 30th December and 6th January are holiday periods for most people, but 13th January is too long between meetings, especially if we plan to freeze for alpha3 on 29th January. Instead we will hold a short meeting with only the roundtable and “any other business” on 30th December to see where we are on our way towards alpha3.

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-16

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-12-16

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> asuth nth10sd (Gary!)

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.


Calls For Help


Action Items


New

  • dmose – Strong mandates of shipping one month after Firefox.

  • dmose – Suggest to drivers about a new flag for potential post-TB3 blockers.


Open


Closed

  • dmose: Add simon and gozer to drivers list


Thunderbird 3 Beta 2

  • Drivers meeting last Thursday.

  • Probably not much would be done in the next week or two — Christmas / New Year.
  • Dates below may get pushed back.
  • dmose notes about Gecko’s code freeze dates in Jan.
    • Standard8: Jan 13 Code Freeze, Jan 15 QA, Jan 26 Release according to their plan.
  • clarkbw is release driver

  • gozer is build engineer
  • (Slushy?) Proposed String freeze from: Monday 26th January 23:59 PST
  • (Slushy?) Proposed Code freeze from: Thursday 29th January 23:59 PST
  • We need to make decisions as we triage blocking bugs below – will they eventually make it into TB3?

  • i.e. get them assigned or push them off..
    • Those that get pushed out beyond TB3 should have a flag to track them – dmose to suggest this to drivers.
  • Sidenote – SeaMonkey probably will release an Alpha in line with TB3b1, a Beta in line with TB3rc, and a final a couple of weeks after TB3.


Thunderbird 3


QA Updates

  • Past bugdays

    • Since bugdays started, we have commented in or closed ALL Thunderbird UNCO bugs (excl. enhancements) that haven’t had a comment since TB 2.0 release! (2007-04-07 to be exact)

    • So far bugday has touched over 4,700 bugs, of which over 1,600 resolutions changed, accounting for one third of all (non-FIXED) resolution changes since bugday started (4,800)
  • Next bugdays
    • Will be whacking at the corresponding NEW bugs (excl. enhancements). Queries are at the bugday wiki pages.

    • One last bugday this year — Christmas and New Year both happen to fall on a Thursday, so no bugday after 12/18 until 1/8/2009.
  • Crashes


Roundtable

  • Standard8 would like to propose we add an “Account Manager” component under the “MailNews Core” product – the code is shared, and I don’t see it needing to be split. Would probably make bug management easier.


Status Updates


davida


dmose
  • this past week

    • partial week due to vacation/sick day

    • met with Ubuntu folks re Thunderbird collaboration
    • SF office-space related prep work
    • various code, strategy & architectural discussions
  • upcoming week
    • on vacation Monday 12/22 through Friday 12/26

    • goals (by friday, 12/19)
      • land JS-in-mailnews patches

      • make significant gloda review progress
      • catch up on momo board meeting stuff
      • progress on review backlog


nth10sd


jcranmer


Standard8

Two week goals (End of week 2):

  • Move to toolkit password manager (in progress)

    • Made the decision to not migrate the password manager list to reflect up to date passwords – too many issues, not good enough solutions at the moment. Probably revisit post TB 3. This makes the task easier.

    • Submitted patch and tests for SMTP protocol handlers bug 469807
      • Required so that toolkit password manager can use IOService.newURI.
    • LDAP already submitted bug 419595
    • Now looking at POP/IMAP/News handlers.
  • Move Leak and Bloat tests to be controlled by MozMill
    • Made some good progress, now have a basic script and a good idea of how to refine it for the mozmill in leak & bloat.

    • tracked down a number of mozmill/jsbridge/mozrunner integration issues.
    • Currently blocked by the mentioned mozmill issues – mainly that when using mozrunner/jsbridge the APIs are limited such that we can’t actually choose to run Thunderbird.
      • MozMill team is working on improving APIs, hoping to get an updated version this week.
  • Write down extended roadmap overview for the address book (based on discussion during MoMo work week).
    • Started this, need to arrange meeting to discuss.

Other work:

  • Reviews

  • Unit tests
    • Added some debugging to try and work out why we get an intermittent failure removing files 462269 bug Bug 462269 (need to follow that up).
  • Build Config
    • bug 469392 Let MOZILLA_1_9_1_BRANCH define work in c++ code.

    • bug 469396 Don’t re-read version.txt when we don’t need to in our own tree.
    • bug 469655 Drop intermediate makefiles in mail/themes
    • bug 469835 Wrote patch for having different version numbers on comm-central + mozilla-central builds (versus comm-central + mozilla-1.9.1 builds)
  • Misc
    • bug 469090 Edit vcard in Account Manager broken.

    • bug 469797 Hopefully fix nsUserInfoUnix so that displaying the User’s name in the account wizard will work correctly for non-ascii names.
    • Finished bug 462147 – allow TB to migrate SeaMonkey 2.x profiles.

Two week goals (Start of week 1):

  • Complete Password Manager migration

  • Complete moving Leak and Bloat to Mozmill
  • Lead Address Book discussions
  • Investigate fixing LDAP Issues with threads and shutdown.
  • Look at Performance tests
    • Get some rough ideas of what & how.

    • See if we can get a Ts structure in place (or something else)
      • This would be useful for jemalloc and assessing implementing a packages-static file for unix.


asuth


bienvenu
  • Reviews and driving

  • Took Friday off
  • Worked on fixing the open db bloat
  • Beta 1 Post Mortem scheduled for Thursday, 9:30AM PST

Two week goals (week 2):

  • Turn autoconfig branch into a reviewable patch for trunk

    • Brought auto config repo up to date with trunk changes. Deferring rest of work until I’ve finished the folder archiving work
  • Finish folder compaction changes and unit tests.
    • Code written; need to test
  • Reduce review queue backlog
    • Making progress on review queue

Two week goals (week 1)


emre


gozer
  • Build

    • Buildbot

      • Great cleaning up starting this week
    • Signinig
      • Initial conversation with John

      • Our process will have to be different
    • Bouncer
      • We should get our own, keep the existing mirror network

      • How many downloads for Thunderbird 3 Final ?
  • Web

    • SpreadThunderbird moving along

      • Drupal Security patches
    • Google Analytics
      • www.mozillamessaging.com Done

      • spreadthunderbird.com Staging
    • Cleaned up Webalizer for some Beta 1 Graphs (Blogged)
  • Infrastructure

    • Qualys security audit was a nice surprise

    • Working on getting us more hardware
    • More/Better monitoring/trending


clarkbw
  • Driving and Bug Reviews

  • exptoolbar toolbar changes, not ready for push yet
    • Blog about better searching for mail, due out this week
  • Two Week Goals (end of week 2):

    • Push new iteration of Conversation List into exptoolbar

      • Already pushed last week
    • Review Conversation Reader and continue to iterate on
      • Latest changes already pushed into reader


wsmwk
  • Possible suggested new Component for new bugs?


beckley


Penelope


KaiRo
  • My “pretty package name” fixup for directory names inside packages made 1.9.1 now (bug 453840)


rkent


rebron
  • Press round-up for Thunderbird 3 Beta 1. Press was positive.

  • Web site is wrapping up design phase for hand-off to silver orange. current files See files dated December 11.
  • Google Analytics on MozillaMessaging.com will be getting it on SpreadThunderbird.com as well.
  • Workaround fix for What’s New page.

Two week goals (week 2):

  • Support documentation, audit (see what we have on .org and .com) and plan for what we need for beta 2 and final release.

  • Web site production hand-off to silver orange and global teams.
  • Update SpreadThunderbird with analytics module, events module and printed materials.


sipaq


mkmelin


Attendees

dmose, nth10sd, wsmwk, gozer, rebron, standard8, clarkbw, kairo, bienvenu, emre

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2008-12-16

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Platform/2008-12-16

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Details

  • Tuesday – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC

  • Mozilla Building S – <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel


Notices / Schedule

Beta 3

  • notable dates:

    • String freeze is December 31st, 11:59pm PDT (happy new year)

    • Code freeze is January 13th, 11:59pm PDT
    • QA Start is January 15th, 9:00am PDT
    • Release is targeted at January 26th

Blocker Report


Firefox 3.1 Update


GFX 1.9.1 Update

  • GFX blocking 1.9.1+

  • GFX wanted 1.9.1+
  • A bunch of imglib blockers went in and bounced out last week, joe’s on it
  • Have patches for half of blockers, trying to land those soon and get to other half


Layout 1.9.1 Update

  • Layout blocking1.9.1+

  • Blocker counts
    • SVG 6

    • Video/Audio 19
    • Rest of layout 31
    • Just handful of really serious non-fuzz bugs (outside of Video/Audio)


Content 1.9.1 Update


JS 1.9.1


Mobile 1.9.1 Update


General 1.9.1 Updates


Security


Security Reviews

Still outstanding / to be scheduled

  • Javascript Tracing

  • native JSON
  • DNS prefetching
  • elliptical border-radius

Booked but not yet completed


Roundtable

  • QA would like to remind developers to mark their bugs fixed1.9.1 when they land them on the branch, as then QA can go along and verify them.

    • see “blocker report”, above, for a list of bugs that might actually be fixed on 1.9.1 but not have the keyword set!
  • Proposal: use fixed1.9.2 and verified1.9.2 for trunk bugs.If when a trunk bug is fixed, it was marked with the appropriate fixed and verified keyword, we would always be clear where the bug is fixed and would not have this continuing confusion. Thoughts?

    • this is the way we’ve always done things

    • sometimes (even now) it’s unclear that 1.9.2 will indeed be the next branch
    • people felt like trunk is trunk, and we should be using FIXED and VERIFIED keywords that way
    • QA could also add the verified1.9.2 keyword (or verified-next-milestone-here) in addition to using verified as a way of helping, though

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress