Meeting Notes

26-May-2009

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-05-26

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda


Action Items


New


Open

  • Autoconfig process – Ludo (ludo absent this week)

  • Muting status meeting – gozer (apologies, will get sorted out today)


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 3

  • Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )

    • Slushy String freeze date: TBD

    • Slushy Code Freeze date: TBD
    • Firm String / Code freeze date: TBD
    • l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: TBD
    • Target Build Ship date: TBD
  • dmose is release driver
  • gozer is build engineer
  • Search will be landing over the next week or two and then we’ll finish up the beta.

    • try server build while the patch is being reviewed

    • once it lands dates for b3 and b4.
  • Beta 3 stated as the release for all work with serious downstream work impact (ui, backend, l10n, etc). Anything that isn’t like that should be pushed out into Beta 4.
  • Driver ownership of bugs

    • From a drivers conversation, requiring blocking bugs to be owned by drivers is being reconsidered. Drivers own too many bugs to drive them all. Changing this policy would help reflect reality better, so drivers will consider possible ways to relax/alter that rule for comm-central.


Thunderbird 3 Beta 4

  • Release Driver: TBD


Thunderbird 3

We will have a beta4 – quick cycle for it.

  • We’re planning on adding one more beta – lots of work is getting done but the blocker list isn’t going down as quickly as we need it to, mostly because of the reality that landing big new features adds bugs.
  • Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.

  • If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
  • Infrastructure requirements are moving forward (AUS, 10.5 builders, statistics)


QA Updates

  • Organized or weekly event – Gmail centered

  • Waiting on gloda to land
  • All FIXED bugs with on-litmus? are now in-litmus+
  • Will make b3 testing plan public once schedule for b3 is done


Marketing Updates


IT update

  • Vancouver Phone/Network issues seem to be behind us

  • Buildbot
    • Large amount of refactoring done, one effect: standardized names

    • Production and Unittest masters are now merged
    • Pools now span across all build types


Documentation

  • coordinate writing for Mozilla add-ons blog with add-ons / marketing folks

  • copy edit / substantive editing feedback on importing article
  • draft of overview doc
  • review MDC docs on doc standards, style, how-to, etc
  • tagging and templating on MDC; hooking up unlinked things


Roundtable


Status Updates


nth10sd


sid0


davida

working on bug 492158, bug 489999, bug 454829


dmose
  • b3 driving / triage

  • board meeting minute stuff
  • more education/calendar discussion with humph
  • worked with various parties to get bug 431819 landed on branch and trunk
  • discussed stemming strategies with sdwilsh
  • messageHeaderView code discussion w/bwinton


Standard8
  • Reviews

  • Holiday (2 days)
  • Blogged about dropping Palm Sync.
  • Did some more thinking about cookie policy bug 492279 – still need to wrap my head around final the core changes that are required (we should be able to get these in as they are ifdef mailnews)
  • bug 440794 Send In Background
    • Investigated bienvenu’s fix for identity setting.

    • Started looking at removing alert dialog code from back-end to nearer to front-end so that send in background can actually “hide” errors whilst it retries sends.


asuth


bienvenu


gozer

Vacation time next week: Friday, May 29th – Friday June 6th (pager/phone/e-mail)

  • Build

    • Lots of buildbot work

      • Builder names are now consistent bug 476548

        • Platform branch type (i.e. Linux comm-central bloat, Win2k3 comm-1.9.1 check)
      • Production and Unittest masters are now merged
      • Pools span across all build types (when possible)
      • 10.5 Builders (deprecating 10.4 builders looking more and more tempting)
        • Shark builds

        • Unittests comm-central/comm-1.9.1
      • push-to-try for comm-central is a work in progress bug 494747
    • Benchmarked the idea of using source tarballs instead of cloning bug 489338
      • Results: it is faster! (and saves on bandwidth too)


clarkbw


wsmwk
  • extended bugzilla editbugs privs to: 0 people

  • continuing focus on shutdown and startup, and big memory usage bugs
  • posted regarding “Should NEW Untouched SeaMonkey Bugs Be UNCONFIRMED?”, which potentially has applicability to Thunderbird.
  • tracking/updating topcrashes
  • general triage


beckley


Penelope


KaiRo


rkent


rebron
  • contract/legal work for pr firm.


Tsk
  • Done

    • diving into pyhton to make runtest support a few options

    • Gmail bug day
    • First draft for my action point
      • If I don’t get more feedback I’ll probably go public on mdat with it
  • Todo

    • Send email to -testers once the gloda UI lands

    • Start the FFT for B3 as soon as gloda is in the nightlies
    • Continue driving ISP list


andreasn
  • Last week

    • Account central.

    • Multiple messages.
    • Activity Manager.
  • This week

    • Folder view.

    • more Account central.
    • more Multiple messages.
    • more Activity Manager.
    • Autoconfiguration dialog.


IanN


Attendees

davida, gozer, Standard8, dmose, asuth, jenzed, sid0, KaiRo, gary, wsmwk, beckley, rebron, bittin

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2009-05-26

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.12

  • Schedule on the wiki

  • If your name is on this list, you own a blocker
  • Code freeze is June 16 at 11:59pm (but don’t perendinate too long!)

Firefox 3.5 RC1

  • closed mozilla-central to all but approved patches and blockers on May 21

  • about 10 blockers remaining (mostly regression fixes) over the past 5 days
  • build and QA are waiting on cutoff, ready-to-roll


Blocker Report

Since 1.9.1 branch …

Past 2 weeks …

[ Platform Blocker Queries | Front End Blocker Queries ]

Summary

  • our ability to move fixes from mozilla-central to mozilla-1.9.1 is impressive, due largely to better sheriffing practises and attention to [oranges]

  • need to keep an eye on small performance regressions
  • need to ask ourselves: fix regression or backout original fix?

The Breakdown


Browser / Front End

  • Polish update: Firefox is 56% shiny (0% change)

    • Thanks go to: Dao, Drew

    • Also Dao and Ehsan got a lot of images landed over the weekend
    • 46 remaining easy polish bugs (whiteboard [polish-easy])
    • 40 remaining hard polish bugs(whiteboard [polish-hard])


GFX 1.9.1 Update


Layout Update

  • No blocker noms

  • 3 layout blockers:
    • bug 493968: needs dbaron review (but he’s away)

    • bug 494255: Txul increase (not sure what’s going on there)
    • bug 494590: worrying. Can we not fix it? Will it appear with default settings?
  • Other bugs of interest
    • Windows hardware A/V sync (doublec)

    • bug 494667: layout regression, needs dbaron review (roc)
    • bug 467744: XID churn causes crash (karlt)
  • 1.9.2 work:
    • Windowless iframes/scrolling (roc)

    • SMIL animation of CSS (dholbert)
    • low-overhead frame arena poisoning (zwol)
    • Need need NEED Neil’s focus patch


Content Update

  • Content Blockers: 1

  • several nominations here around regressions from making localStorage conform to HTML5 specification
  • sessionStorage: do we want to keep bug 455070 which has:
    • caused a few regressions on sites that worked with Firefox 3 (fe bug 494543)

    • resulted in some active debates on how we should conform (see bug 494799)
    • decided to back-out bug 455070 but retain the tests


Mac OS X Update


JS 1.9.1


General 1.9.1

These are bugs that fall outside of components covered by the Gfx, Content, Layout and JS groups:


Mobile 1.9.1 Update

  • blocking-fennec (1.0b2+, 1.0b3+ & 1.0+) [bugs]


Security


Multi-Process


Tree Management

  • pooling of talos slaves started last week, continuing this week

    • machines will no longer be tied to one branch; let us know if you see any problems on dev dashboard, graphserver, etc. As talos machines become pooled, Tinderbox columns will be consolidated, not have machine name.

    • converted firefox3.0 talos last Thursday
    • will need to migrate the other existing talos slaves to the pool at some point. when’s the best time?
    • we expect this will reduce talos wait times significantly
  • more slaves coming online for tryserver
  • mobile tryserver work progressing
  • signing machine and mobile infrastructure going offline 5th June for office move.


Roundtable

  • How many people are running Windows 7?

    • you can get the RC for free

    • it runs in VMWare & Parallels as if it were Windows Vista, and VirtualBox as if it were Linux
  • QA will concentrate testing in the following areas during RC1 testing:

    • Video performance and Controls, Geolocation, Session Restore, Tabbed Browsing, Drag and drop functionality, Clear history/ private browsing/ forget this site, topsites layout and performance, windows 7 adhoc testing. Please suggest any other broad regression areas here.

    • Looks like session store is cut for 3.5?
  • Focused test day for everyone on RC1? There has been some talk about having everyone (dev, mktg?, QA, etc) take some time out to really beat on RC1. I am happy to help organize. Thoughts? [timr]

  • Feedback on the new Firefox icon is welcome

25-May-2009

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-25

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2009-05-25

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

NOTE: No meeting due to US Holiday: Memorial Day. Feel free to add your status here!


Friends of the Tree


Development Updates


Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x


Gecko 1.9.1


Firefox 3.5

Firefox Front End Work

Namoroka


TB 3


Mobile


IT


Release Engineering


QA

Test Execution

Web Dev Testing, Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community

Test Development


Security


Marketing/PR

Firefox 3.5 Launch

Mozilla Service Week

PR

Events


Support

  • about:SUMO newsletter about to be published later this week

  • Next Support Firefox Day in the works
  • Adding new locales and fixing problem with viewing diffs in next SUMO milestone (version 1.1.1) to make the 3.0 => 3.5 updating process smooth for localizers.


Metrics


Evangelism


Labs

  • The number of active Personas is now over 9000! (actually it’s over 10,000). Also we should have our 4 millionth download today.

  • Congrats to Ecaterina Valica, Amine Zafri, Valentin Laube, and Choawen Tan, whose submissions were named best-in-class of the Spring 2009 Design Challenge.
  • We have launched a new Design Challenge for summer 2009. The topic is “reinventing Tabs”.
  • Labs Night will be next Thursday, May 28, and will be held in San Francisco. Details to be announced on the Labs blog.


Developer Tools


Add-ons


Webdev


L10n


Foundation Updates


Roundtable


Other Business

19-May-2009

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-05-19

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty


Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

  • Should we have all NEW bugs that had no comment after 2005-03-10 mass-changed to UNCONFIRMED? We need wider feedback before we make such a move. [KaiRo] will blog about this and post to the newsgroups (including QA) to get wider feedback.

OPEN

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo].

CLOSED


SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1

Bug Queries

open blockers (1)
all blockers (1)
blocker requests (7)

  • SeaMonkey developers will need to nominate bugs that they think should be considered for blocking Beta 1.

    • IanN will triage blocker nominations.
  • Thunderbird 3.0 beta 3 dates are still totally up in the air, what should we do?
    • Thunderbird has added one more beta (beta 4) to their schedule.

    • We will set a tentative Beta 1 freeze date at 2nd June.
    • We shall keep in mind a possible beta2 in sync with Thunderbird’s beta4 but we can decide on that in the next meeting when the picture on their side should be clearer.
  • Download Manager and tabmail are still the biggest missing items.
  • Tabmail is a prerequisite for Lightning which we would like to support.
  • We might want to take bug 474701 depending on how it works out in Thunderbird.
  • Possible blocker bug 484175 (History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working).


Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted (13)
wanted requests (16)

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 34 new, 15 fixed, 51 triaged.

Major wanted/needed features:

  • bug 381157 Download manager backend.

    • Callek is unavailable; mcsmurf has a new patch addressing review comments. Pref migration needs to be working when the new download manager lands.
  • bug 472001 UI for download manager.
    • Main UI patch, tests, and integration have r+sr, waiting for backend landing.

    • bug 483241 Fully implement download progress dialogs.
      • No progress, still needs more work and some review comment clarification.
  • Toolbar customization:
    • bug 481862 Small buttons for MailNews. Ratty has the CSS ready but is waiting for Misak to fix the alignment and colour issues with the graphics.

    • The next step is either the Editor (will allow us to kill one pref panel) or the Message Compose windows. In any case they will need both small/large icons to be done.
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update. prometeo has stepped up to work on this.
    • bug 398138 SM2: New ftp listing style missing in modern theme. Patch by prometeo has sr+.

    • bug 493022 Add mozapps/ to the modern theme. Review comments need to be addressed.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
    • stefanh: Waiting for ui-review. Lots of things going on IRL atm, but the idea is to have a “complete” patch submitted once ui-r is done.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.

    • We probably need to move this item to 2.next.
  • bug 460953 Port jminta’s kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
    • There isn’t any urgent need for progress on this as long as we don’t break. It might be good for extensions if we to convert our folder pane to be JS-driven e.g. calendar wants to put items there.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • New patch is undergoing reviews and testing.
  • bug 348720 New icon set for “SeaMonkey Default Theme”.
    • No News.
  • bug 465504 Include an identity indicator in primary chrome (EV certificate UI).
    • Statusbar UI waiting for sr from jag.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


ajschult


Aqualon

  • Working on bug 207485 Message marked as delete does not change button-text to undelete.


asrail


biesi


Callek


IanN

  • Usual reviewing and commenting.

  • Next free time for coding is 23rd-31st May.
  • Need to chase outstanding “New bugzilla components” requests.
  • Still working on TNEF attachments (bug 77811).


KaiRo

  • Lots of work on our new buildbot infrastructure. Trees are mostly green, except for things that look like Parallels problems, IT has filed a ticket with them. All remaining issues are filed, see SeaMonkey-Ports page for a list of open issues.

  • Contacted Google (thanks to dougt for handing me the contact) about using their geolocation service. Will probably take a while as they want to set up general rules for using it with generic registration. Maybe will rework bug 488472 for the moment in a way that does add/update all infrastructure and UI but not the Google URL itself yet.
  • bug 483781 is in, so dlmgr UI can land without breaking toolkit tests.
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.


mcsmurf

  • bug 467249 Modify folderWidgets.xml to be able to XBLify the Go menu in MailNews. Patch has r+.


Misak


Mnyromyr

Working on:

  • bug 483681 [venkman] Make SetInitAtStartup actually work.

  • bug 493077 “seamonkey -venkman” (and others) opens unwanted browser window.


MReimer


Neil


Ratty

  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 491310 Port changes in the new Firefox Page Info implementation since the initial port.

    • [toolkit] bug 489580 Whitespace cleanup customizeToolbar.{js|xul} files.
  • Currently working on bugs:
    • bug 86400 Multiple page info windows can be opened (Depends on bug 444917).

    • bug 444917 It should be possible for an extension to reload Page Info on a different document.
    • bug 491676 Customizable Toolbars in SeaMonkey MailNews has problems with multistate-buttons.
    • bug 481862 Small buttons for MailNews. Working on the CSS part.


sgautherie

  • Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:

    • bug 461912 Remove remaining XP_MAC code from /suite
  • Fixed Core/… (but SM related) bugs:
    • bug 140324 NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(),) used needlessy in some places; (Bv1) </mailnews/>

    • bug 464707 port upload build target to comm-central apps
  • And working on other areas… like
    • infrastructure to run tests

    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
    • doing an (experimental) Windows mozilla-central SeaMonkey build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; looking forward to SM/m-c builds now that KaiRo is setting up the new buildbot slaves (bug 464325 follow-ups).


Standard8


stefanh


wladow


Any other business?

  • Should we have all NEW bugs that had no comment after 2005-03-10 mass-changed to UNCONFIRMED?

    • No consensus was reached. KaiRo will blog about it to get further feedback (and post to the newsgroups).

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-05-19

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda


Action Items

  • Autoconfig process – Ludo

  • Muting status meeting – gozer


New


Open


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 3

  • Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )

    • Slushy String freeze date: TBD

    • Slushy Code Freeze date: TBD
    • Firm String / Code freeze date: TBD
    • l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: TBD
    • Target Build Ship date: TBD
  • dmose is release driver
  • gozer is build engineer
  • Search will be landing over the next week or two and then we’ll finish up the beta.

    • try server build while the patch is being reviewed

    • once it lands dates for b3 and b4.
  • Have a look at your bugs and triage for blockerb3 or push to b4


Thunderbird 3

We will have a beta4 – quick cycle for it.

  • We’re planning on adding one more beta – lots of work is getting done but the blocker list isn’t going down as quickly as we need it to, mostly because of the reality that landing big new features adds bugs.
  • Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.

  • If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.


QA Updates

  • Did a linux special last week – people from Fedora and OpenSuse projects showed up – a few bugs got updated.

  • Doing the gmail special this week
  • Gary’s starting week (for the summer)
  • looking into reducing the number of in-litmus? requests


Marketing Updates

  • Getting PR team on board.

  • Still searching for Tech Support Lead.


IT update

  • All new hardware initial setup completed

  • GPG build signing is ready for testing
  • Catching up with mozilla’s buildbot setup is going great
  • This week: trying different way to improve our build machines IO performance.


Documentation

  • created new TB doc page (based on DavidA’s draft): An overview of the Thunderbird interface. In progress: still need to gather IDLs relevant to each section, get volunteer help in writing snippets that illustrate the examples, edit, screenshots, etc. I’ll ask for reviews and contributions later this week.

  • created version templates (based on Sheppy’s FF templates)
  • talked to humph regarding getting TB community contributions to docs (and generally raising profile of TB within the Mozilla community)
  • talked to Justin regarding TB on Mozilla add-ons blog


Roundtable

Bryan – Yes – 800×600 we should work in. Not optimized – but it should work.


Status Updates


nth10sd
  • Tested runtest.py (Mozmill automation script) last week.

  • Triage, QA, bugdays.
  • Starting for the summer.
  • Just back in Hong Kong for the summer – getting ADSL in-the-house on Friday, now on public wi-fi which can be quite unstable.
  • Thus, working more on Bugzilla triaging this week.


sid0
  • Landed bug 467116 — Merge default client dialog and search integration dialog into an “OS Integration” dialog.

  • Fixed bug 482966 — MAPI support for Windows Explorer Send To Mail Recipient doesn’t work in 3.0b2 (regression due to jemalloc)
    • Spinoff: looked at bug 493060 — Installer default mail client option doesn’t set it correctly on Windows XP. Looks like rs is fixing this for Firefox.
  • Worked on bug 466227 — gloda should index non-offline headers too. Patch looks almost ready, waiting for additional tests from bug 474701.


davida
  • account summary hoping to get review this week

  • board meetings
  • Looking for a |support employee


dmose
  • last week

    • driving / reviews

    • ongoing content policy & other architectural discussions
    • calendaring work
  • goals for this week
    • get content policy security review scheduled

    • message header coding
    • b3 driving


Standard8
  • Reviews & Driving

  • bug 374578 Landed content policy patch
  • Did some more on bug 326809 ‘modernize nsIMsgHeaderParser – |string| and |wstring| vs AString and AUTF8String’ as the interface change meant bwinton could then use the interface for his patch on blocking bug 45715
  • bug 492279 Cookie Policies (improving policy for RSS & extensions)
    • Investigated the changes we need in core to get these done (thankfully it is all specific mailnews code).
  • bug 440794 Send In Background
    • Did a phase 1 patch for reworking the send later notifications and subsequent display on activity manager.

    • Next step: build on the phase 1 patch to include retry support for failed sends/copies.
  • newsgroup + blog post on palmsync

  • Holiday at the end of this week


asuth
  • updating search patches


bienvenu
  • Reviews and driving

  • Did some testing with asuth’s gloda patches
  • Don’t create special folders for hidden accounts, bug 492641
  • Fixed regression displaying msg count changes in the folder pane, bug 492951
  • Fixed hang in UpdateCacheAndviewforPrevSearchedFolders, bug 489993
  • Made imap autosync close db if status says there are no new messages, helps with memory bloat and file handle usage bug 470221
  • Added gmail xlist support for discovering “special” folders, bug 476260
  • Added gmail-specific archive action bug 475852
  • Added imap server attribute to tell if a server is a GMail server
  • Fixed smart folders with localized builds, bug 490747
  • Worked on filling out security review template for autoconfig
  • Did some thinking about implementing IMAP autosync time/space limits.
  • Worked with a contributor on adding IMAP COMPRESS support bug 401673

Next Week

  • Work more with Andrew on gloda reviews/patches

  • Schedule security review for autoconfig
  • Work on b3 blockers
  • Investigate IMAP autosync time/space limits.


gozer
  • Build

    • Buildbot server upgraded to 0.7.10 in production/unittest/try

    • L10n builds are now fixed
    • Unittest buildbot now using CCUnitTestFactory (shared with Firefox/Seamonkey/etc)
    • Buildbotcustom upgraded to tip in production/unittest/try
    • Try server busted at the moment bug 493421
    • Shark builds are back and stable
  • Infrastructure

    • All new hardware initial setup tasks are completed

    • GPG signing for releases is ready


clarkbw
  • work on outstanding blcoker

  • work on autoconfig


wsmwk
  • finallly diagnosed bug 458570 message drag is canceled by new message alerts (obnoxious)

  • triaged Seamonkey mailnews bugs severity critical+major
  • extended bugzilla editbugs privs to: 3 people
  • updated qa watchers components and qa addresses
  • polled palmsync extension testers regarding Thunderbird 3
  • tracking/updating topcrashes
  • general triage
  • give names to wayne for buzilla rights


beckley


Penelope
  • Mainly been integrating latest TB sources into our Eudora/Penelope code, and having problems with the toolbar customization code which Penelope modifies quite substantially.


KaiRo


rkent


rebron


Tsk
  • runtest.py landed – will continue working on it.

  • daily triaging
  • looking into in-litmus? request for resolved bugs
  • readying for b3 testing


andreasn
  • This week

    • Folder view look&feel

    • Finish Autoconfiguration layout work.
    • Pinstripe and Qute fixes.
  • will work more work on account central


IanN
  • Next free time for coding is 23rd-31st May.

  • Need to chase outstanding “New bugzilla components” requests.
  • Still working on TNEF attachments (bug 77811).


Attendees

rebron, beckley, kairo, davida, gozer, davidb, standard8, sid0, Asuth, Clarkwb, jenz, andreasn, IanN

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2009-05-19

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.11

  • Code frozen!

  • Builds have started, nay, Mac and Linux builds are available for QA

Firefox 3.0.12

  • Schedule on the wiki

Firefox 3.5 RC1

  • goal is to code freeze tomorrow

  • build can produce RC builds in 24-36 hours thanks to timezone fun
  • QA would like 7 full business days for RC tests


Blocker Report

Since 1.9.1 branch …

Past 2 weeks …

[ Platform Blocker Queries | Front End Blocker Queries ]

Summary

  • great pace, though still adding a lot of unresolved blockers

  • nominations need constant vigilance; should be doing it every day
  • thanks for landing fixes on branch – let’s get the rest!

The Breakdown


Browser / Front End

  • Polish update: Firefox is 56% shiny (+1% change)


GFX 1.9.1 Update


Layout Update

  • 0 layout blockers (2 noms)

  • 0 SVG blockers
  • 4 Video blockers
    • bug 486899 unsure how to proceed

    • bug 487519 number of crasher bugs in libvorbis and other libs, doublec working with upstream, probably should not block
    • bug 493109 patch backed out, should block, roc on it
    • bug 493678 probably should block, making progress
    • Lots fixed over last week: playback perf, A/V sync, many edge cases fixed, playing back strange content, some random failures
    • One more thing: fix for seeking artifacts
    • Very good shape
    • Quite a lot of merging to branch to do


Content Update

  • Content Blockers

  • Not disabling XPCOM plugins until Java SE 6 Update 14 is released. That is the first release that has no XPCOM dependencies whatsoever, though the plugin has been NPAPI (not XPCOM) since Java SE 6 Update 10.


Mac OS X Update

  • Steven Michaud released a JEP update for the top Mac OS X crash in Firefox 3.5 Beta 4.

  • Josh looking into consuming Objective-C exceptions vs. aborting, at least in some cases.
  • 64-bit Mac OS X builds coming along, builds up to gfx without patches and builds through gfx with patches in review. Next module that needs to be ported is plugins, will take longer than other components since a new API implementation is required (Cocoa event model).
  • Trunk and all branches of Firefox run without any major issues on the latest Mac OS X 10.6 seed. Can successfully compile 32-bit Firefox via cross-compile on 10.6 if you disable crashreporter (default architecture on 10.6 is x86_64 via gcc-4.2).
  • Josh at WWDC in SF June 8-12.


JS 1.9.1


General 1.9.1

These are bugs that fall outside of components covered by the Gfx, Content, Layout and JS groups:


Mobile 1.9.1 Update


Security


Multi-Process

  • bent working on chromium library in his user repo.

    • base and chrome code exported from chromium svn, integrated into build system on windows (libxul required…)

    • glue library started to provide libxul and appshell integration
    • child process shell built, uses xpcom embedding apis
    • test-ish parent app built using chromium’s base library, still being tweaked, but currently launches child process and waits around for something to do


Tree Management


Roundtable

  • Blog funnel starting up: Evangelism/Firefox3.5/35Days – will ask for help/writing

  • New Firefox icon:
  • How many people are running Windows 7?
  • QA will concentrate testing in the following areas during RC1 testing:
    • Video performance and Controls, Geolocation, Session Restore, Tabbed Browsing, Drag and drop functionality, Clear history/ private browsing/ forget this site, topsites layout and performance, windows 7 adhoc testing. Please suggest any other broad regression areas here.

18-May-2009

Places Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Places/Status Meetings/2009-05-18

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Places Team Meeting Details

  • Mondays at 9:00am Pacific

  • irc.mozilla.org #places


Work Priorities

  • Blockers (5, +4, http://tinyurl.com/dgbhmn)

    • bug 489038 – Selecting and/or deleting tags in the Library causes Firefox 3.5b4pre to hog the CPU and become unresponsive (dietrich), has various patches to increase Library responsivness.

    • bug 493538 – Crash in [@ nsNavHistory::RecalculateFrecenciesInternal(mozIStorageStatement*, int)] (mak), found cause, patches on the way, needs review edilee
    • bug 490035 – “Script is busy” warning from places flush script on initial migration (mak), has patch for batch migration (make it really faster). Interrupt the thread work to allow UI updating could be hard though, helpwanted.
    • bug 491719 – Ctrl+H and Ctrl+Maj+H both display an empty history (ddahl), ready to land
    • bug 491520 – Tag autocomplete prevents changing the case of tags, when adding tags (mak), has new patch needs review/hints from gavin
  • Blockers Nominations (1, +1, http://tinyurl.com/qdglq2)
  • Needs branch landing (1, +1, http://tinyurl.com/c4droh)
  • Wanted (33, -1, http://tinyurl.com/cg78qy)
  • Possible Wontfix (45, -1, http://tinyurl.com/ajqgm7)
  • Places bugs on m-c but not yet on 1.9.1 (39, +8, http://tinyurl.com/oxno27)
  • Waiting for approval1.9.1 (9, +5, http://tinyurl.com/qbxnjy)
  • Requiring tests (in-testsuite?) (83, +1, http://tinyurl.com/d3eqav)


QA Issues

  • Tracy

    • will get on track with verifying fixes as they land (next nightly)

    • focus will remain on 1.9.1 branch ’til final release.


Status updates

  • sdwilsh

    • bug 455555 – async location bar queries (just got more complicated [READ: threadsafety issues with stuff we use]. ETA unknown, but will update dependency tree)
  • mak

    • working on blockers (see above for status)

    • done reviews
    • bug 483980 – Allow history/bookmark observer components to register with a startup category. Looking into this, fixed leaks and a possible Places bug.
    • bug 493538 – Crash in [@ nsNavHistory::RecalculateFrecenciesInternal(mozIStorageStatement*, int)]. Most likely blocker.
    • bug 392193 – first run migration / import from ie, opera and safari browser can be slow, migration should use “run in batch”. Landed with awesome numbers.
    • bug 488966 – Add a last_visit_date column with an index to moz_places. Need to prepare unbitrot patch for 1.9.1.

  • adw

    • bookmarks initialization is not fault tolerant bug 478912 – Posted another new WIP with a new approach. Next: tests.

    • clear recent history/privacy blockers
      • CRH deletes places, not visits bug 491883 awaiting Johnathan’s review. Patches are really simple.

      • Places toolkit bug 491983 (removeVisitsByTimeframe) landed on trunk. Awaiting Dietrich’s review of 1.9.1 patch.
      • selected option in privacy pref pane not sticky blocker bug 490199 – Landed on trunk and branch. (Follow-up bug 493527 nominated for blocking3.5…)
    • clear recent history dialog polish – requesting review or approval1.9.1
  • ddahl

    • bug 491719 blocker – French Localization uncovered SQL binding issue: Patch up, needs tiny tweak, one final test where I alter the build’s locale file. Then check-in. Branch patch will differ by one colon char (i think)

    • bug 492379 Good start on downgrade script for nightly users. I hope to be back on this (and finish) tomorrow.


Documentation

  • MDC

    • the migration guide needs history api and dynamic container examples. (dietrich)

    • the design documents linked from MDC need to be written. can probably cull from the old design overview docs.
    • Documentation non-existent:
      • dynamic containers (MaK77)

        • will do as soon as they are working properly


Roundtable

  • bug 489173 Issue with size of places.sqlite and Google Toolbar

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2009-05-18

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Friends of the Tree

Suneel Gupta writes in, “I’d like to nominate Toby Elliott and Donna Macomber (a personas community member) for their hard work in diligently filtering through submitted designs to the approval gallery and approving those that meet the community guidelines. thanks to Toby and Donna, Mozilla has welcomed over 10,000 pieces of art to the Personas gallery and over 7,000 new artists to the Mozilla community.”

Cheng Wang writes in to nominate “Laura Thompson, Stephen Donner, Trevor Hardcastle, and Eric Cooper for staying up past 3:30 (at least for Laura) working on pushing SUMO 1.0.2 to production. I know they didn’t get all the kinks ironed out but staying up ’till then and then dragging yourself into work the next day is MAD PROPS worthy if I’ve ever seen it.”


Development Updates


Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x


Gecko 1.9.1

  • RC freeze this week. We’re planning for Wed of this week as the freeze date, and will be discussing actual date during tomorrow’s dev meeting.

  • Julian Seward, creator of Valgrind and bzip2 joins the Javascript team today. From his home in Stuttgart, Germany, he’ll be working on nanojit and making the tracing engine even faster.
  • Blocker Status:
    • 5 final blocker bugs left in content.

    • 1 GFX final blockers.
    • 2 Layout final blockers.
    • JS with 13 blockers, 4 w/ patch. (Last week: 18)
  • 35 noms needing triage.
  • For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
  • 33 total 1.9.1 blockers (last week: 57!).


Firefox 3.5

Firefox Front End Work

Namoroka


TB 3

  • Thunderbird 3.0b3 schedule is still up in the air; we hope to nail it down shortly, after bug 474701 lands.

  • We’ll be adding a beta 4 release after beta 3. The hope is that beta 4 will be significantly shorter than previous betas.


Mobile

  • Fennec Windows Mobile Alpha 1 released


IT

  • Lots of infrastructure work

    • major iSCSI storage firmware upgrades

    • kernel upgrades
    • crash-stats.mozilla.com database migration
  • Datacenter clean-up trip


Release Engineering

  • Lukas starting tomorrow (canadian holiday today)

  • production-master hiccup this morning; nightlies coming, still trying to figure out what happened
  • wait times
    • creating more build/unittest slaves this week, now that machines and new disks are coming online

    • needed because expecting a spike in load before FF3.5rc1


QA

Test Execution

Web Dev Testing, Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community

  • Top Site Testing: Filed a number of new crasher bugs

  • Web Dev Testing:
    • Continued working on AMO version 5.0.6. Tested the new 0.4 version of the Add-ons Collections extension, in tandem with the Collections-management web scaffolding. Worked on automating testing of the different button states in AMO.

    • Completed final SUMO version 1.0.2 testing and shipped!
    • Helped test Get Personas version 1.3.
    • Worked on Spread Firefox redesign 3.1 milestone testing.
    • Worked on Mozilla.com Fastest Firefox upload page.
  • Community:
  • Accessibility:
    • Trunk work on ARIA grid/ARIA tree grid implementation

    • Firefox 3.5 work for HTML 5 audio/video element embedded controls exposure to screen readers such as NVDA landed on Friday and have all “survived” the weekend!
    • Visited the SightCity conference in Frankfurt, Germany, on Thursday. Lots of low-tech stuff there this year. Nothing spectacularly new on the screen reader front. Handy Tech, a German braille display manufacturer, did show an iMac with VoiceOver and all kinds of Mac OS X applications. Unfortunately, they couldn’t show Firefox yet :(
    • Did some initial testing of the new German Firefox community forum, which was just upgraded to phpBB version 3 and is going to receive both an accessibility upgrade of stuff that’s going to be in the phpBB 3.0.5 forum software update, as well as an Accessibility-related forum offering support to both screen reader users with Firefox, as well as web designers a place to ask questions about how certain things will be translated from HTML to a11y APIs.
  • Project Metrics: Added/updated: Regressions time plot, code coverage “bubbles” timeplot, code coverage “bars” time plot. This is work in progress and primarily for finding ways to best visualize the data.

Test Development


Security

No updates.


Marketing/PR

Firefox 3.5 Launch

  • Firefox 3.5 Launch Workshops:

    • May 20th:

      • 9 a.m. PDT/16:00 UTC – Video

Mozilla Service Week

  • New timing! We’ll soft launch on June 16th with the en-US site and build out the program and partners over the course of the summer. The actual service week will take place in mid-Sept.

Community Marketing Call

  • Next Community Marketing call is Wednesday, May 20th, at 10am PDT. Dial-in Info: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#. Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. For those that can’t make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on irc.mozilla.org. Please note the new the new Air Mozilla channel for all marketing-related activities.

PR

Events

  • Mozilla Party JP 10th Anniversary, May 30th, Tokyo, Japan: The Japanese Mozilla community, Mozillagumi, is celebrating it’s 10th anniversary this May 30th in Tokyo at Belle Salle Nishi Shinjuku. Guest speakers include Asa Dotzler from Mozilla and Bob Chao from Mozilla’s Taiwan community.

  • The 2009 MSC Malaysia Open Source Conference, May 31 – June 4, 2009, Kuala Lumpur: Gen Kanai of Mozilla’s Evangelism team will be on a panel discussion on breakthrough innovations via open source software. Gen will also present on the upcoming Firefox 3.5 release as well as other Mozilla efforts.
  • eLiberatica Open Source and Free Software Conference (Bucharest, Romania) – May 22-23:
    • Gandalf and William to present

    • Special “Mozilla Community Booth” will be set up for presentations and contributor sign-ups
    • Full details here
  • Mozilla-Maemo Danish Weekend (Copenhagen, Denmark) – May 30-31:
    • 2-day workshops focusing on Mozilla, Maemo and Mozilla-Maemo projects

    • Details


Support


Metrics

  • No updates this week


Evangelism

  • Documentation

    • Mouse gesture events are now documented.

    • Continuing to prepare to upgrade to MindTouch 2009, hopefully next week.
    • Added a new template, embed_text that lets you embed a text file attached to the article into the body, with optional syntax highlighting. This can be used to let the same code appear in the body and be downloadable without having to maintain both separately.
    • As usual, final updates for Firefox 3.5 are ongoing.
  • 35 days – going to sort out dates this week – expect mail from me


Labs


Developer Tools

No update


Add-ons


Webdev


L10n

Firefox 3.5

  • Opt-in thread now open, please opt-in by Wednesday, May 20th, noon UTC.

    • 43 green locales so far, and counting

    • 9 opt-ins so far. Localizers: please opt in.
  • 9 new strings to translate since beta4
    • 6 strings landed after beta4

    • 1 more string to translate mass-landed by Stas on Thursday, May 14 in toolkit/chrome/global/videocontrols.dtd: <!ENTITY scrubberScale.nameFormat "#1 of #2 elapsed">
    • 2 strings landed on Friday, May 15 in browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/browser.properties (diff, newsgroups message)

Web

  • Mozilla IT survey: bug 493096

    • Mozilla’s IT team is investigating the need for a data center in South America and in Asia-Pacific.

    • Locales: pt-BR (done), es-CL, es-AR, ms, ta-IN, ta-LK, th, jp, hi-IN, id

Tools


Foundation Updates


Roundtable

Please join me in welcoming 2 new interns who just started today:

- Simon Krueger will be working in the Metrics group
- Mark Hahnenberg will be joining the Web Dev team


Other Business

  • Moving Weekly Update meeting to 11 AM Pacific?

    • Please add your thoughts to the news group: mozilla.dev.planning “Moving WeeklyUpdate meeting to 11 AM Pacific?” or the respective google group

12-May-2009

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-12

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-05-12

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> bienvenu

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.


Action Items


New


Open


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 3

  • Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )

    • Slushy String freeze date: TBD

    • Slushy Code Freeze date: TBD
    • Firm String / Code freeze date: TBD
    • l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: TBD
    • Target Build Ship date: TBD
  • dmose is release driver
  • gozer is build engineer


Thunderbird 3

  • We’re planning on adding one more beta – lots of work is getting done but the blocker list isn’t going down, mostly because of the reality that landing big new features adds bugs.
  • Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.

  • If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.


QA Updates

  • Doing a Linux special bug day this week

  • Will mail thunderbird-testers as soon as gloda-search lands
  • Pushing a few crashers for developers to review.
  • Ongoing triage work
  • Most mozmill blocker bugs are fixed; one is left, with tree views. We’re getting closer.
  • We working towards doing automated bloat tests with mozmill.


Marketing Updates


IT update

  • Mountain View Trip: SUCCESS

    • Completed the physical move in 1 day, thanks dmoore!

    • Hardware upgrades completed without issues (more RAM+CPUs)
    • Everything that was purchased is now in place
    • A few little issues left to sort out by MoCo Colo hands
  • Coming weeks

    • Move the currently overly powerefull admin host to it’s new, more reasonable hardware

    • Reimage the admin host into a new, beefy VMware host.
    • Bring up the production database setup online
    • Bring up the pysical staging hardware online
  • Once new hardware arrives, we can start signing our own builds.


Documentation


Roundtable

  • Autoconfig database is going to need validation – will need a validation process and some volunteers to help validate config files.

  • We should contact Mozilla Japan for suggestions for Japanese ISPs for autoconfig.
  • We should mute status meeting by default


Status Updates


davida


dmose
  • last week

    • got compact header working outside of core, as an extension (bug 480623)

    • ongoing content policy & security discussions
    • driving work
  • goals for this week
    • finish working out details of calendar helper project with Fallen

    • schedule content policies security review & fill out template
    • 1 hour of reviews per day
    • land two message reader patches


nth10sd
  • Planning for the summer.

  • Mozmill work – Mozmill can now simulate clicks on links in Account Central.
  • QA, triage, bugdays.


Standard8
  • Reviews and bug triage

  • Started putting together some plans for point releases post TB 3.
  • bug 374578 Finished revising content policy – just one query to go.
  • Restored make -C mailnews xpcshell-tests functionaliy to mailnews [1]
  • bug 491654 Fixed styles on Mail List Dialog
  • bug 491488 / bug 491545 fixed LDAP code to build with latest jemalloc build changes on trunk and pulled in new version to comm-central
    • Also means we get symbols for ldap c-sdk dlls
  • bug 492363 Made activity manager use non-default event icons for most of its events,
  • bug 440794 Send in Background – did patch to protect against shutting down whilst sending mail if quit-application-requested is not received.
  • bug 492279 Taking a look at revising our cookie policy to allow cookies in extensions.


asuth


bienvenu
  • Reviews and driving

  • Make deleting messages from cross-folder saved searches use the m_deletingRows optimization, bug 492149
  • Sped up loading smart folders by not restoring non-existent selection in MoveThread bug 466048
  • Fixed file size on return receipt so we work with SMTP servers that don’t allow 0 Size bug 462866
  • Only compact imap folder when entering folder if we’re over the expunge threshold, bug 490934
  • Worked on making commands apply to messages in collapsed threads.
  • Working with a contributer on IMAP COMPRESS support


gozer

Recovered from some evil bug

Will have to close tree Thursday the 12th around Noon for some maintenance.

  • Build

    • New, re-imaged OS X Tiger and Leopard builders

    • Buildbot server upgraded to 0.7.10 in production
    • More buildbot work in progress
      • Upgrading buildbot clients to 0.7.10

      • Moving config to CC*Factory
      • Merging unittest and production masters
  • Web

    • SpreadThunderbird Drupal upgrade
  • Infrastructure

    • Colo move completed

      • Upgrades: More RAM and CPUs

      • Upgrades: Firmware, BIOS and the like
      • New production blades
    • Upcoming:
      • Configuration management cleanup

      • Production database setup
      • Staging setup
      • Plan for upcoming projects


clarkbw


wsmwk
  • extended bugzilla editbugs privs to: 1 person

  • updated QA watchers with changed components and descriptions
  • tracking/updating topcrashes – still
  • triaging memory bugs – still
  • triaging profile dataloss bugs – still
  • engaged Jay Moran to help with profiling – resulting in fix of bug 466048 for a great performance win (Thunderbird freezes/slow when selecting threaded Saved Search/Virtual Folder)


beckley


Penelope
  • Have auto-updating working for Eudora on all 3 platforms now, and Matt is working on getting our production server set up to handle updates

  • Patch to improve logging of the update service was accepted – bug 491436
  • Will be making a new Eudora/Penelope beta with updates and latest TB sources, which may go out before TB 3b3 due to issues some Eudora 8b6 users are seeing
  • Talked with nthomas about debug symbols and some warnings that crept in to Eudora’s manifest files, and fixed those with the latest version of symbolstore.py


KaiRo
  • Lots of work on new SeaMonkey buildbot, enabling generic machine pools per platform and paving the way for release automation. Thunderbird will be able to heavily rip off those configs and share generic classes in the future.


rkent


rebron
  • Support: a few more interviews and finishing up contract for GS.

  • TB3 end game: updated site map for launch, drafting web site updates, reviewer’s guide.


Tsk
  • Triagge work

  • bug 482966 Found regression window
  • Thought about FireDrills and post beta.
  • Organized bugday


andreasn
  • Last week

    • blogged about Linux theme changes. Good feedback.

    • Ill most of the week :(
  • This week

    • Built TB from source!

    • finish the activity manager icons (with patches)
    • archive icons for all platforms (Linux ready, other platforms easy)
    • Autoconfiguration layout work.


sid0


Attendees

davida, dmose, bienvenu, ludovic, standard8, rafael, gozer, asuth, sid0, nth10sd, kairo, clarkbw, rkent, jenzed, andreas, beckley, wsmwk

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2009-05-12

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2009-05-12

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.11

  • Code frozen! (Almost. A couple more bugs, maybe.)

  • On schedule

Firefox 3.0.12

  • Schedule coming this week

  • Will send emails to current blocker owners this week

Firefox 3.5 RC1

  • goal is to code freeze late in the week of the 18th

  • build can produce RC builds in 24-36 hours thanks to timezone fun
  • QA would like 5-7 full business days for RC tests


Blocker Report

Since 1.9.1 branch …

Past 2 weeks …

[ Platform Blocker Queries | Front End Blocker Queries ]

Summary

  • pace picked up, some blockers taken off lists, others fixed, way to go

  • first time that both blocker nominations and number of blockers remaining have gone down
  • 100 fixes on trunk that we need to port to branch ASAP

The Breakdown


Browser / Front End

  • Polish update: Firefox is 55% shiny (no change from last week)


GFX Update

  • 4 open blocking bugs, 4 need to be ported to 1.9.1

    • 1 crasher (nsWindow destroy bug) that might not have a non-intrusive fix, and so we should consider unblocking on it.

    • 4 image rendering related (2 owned by roc), all of which we have a handle on or will be WONTFIXed.
  • Lots of other work going on, some aimed at 1.9.2:
    • Windows 7 fixes and enhancements

    • Canvas enhancements for mobile
    • Imagelib changes required for decode-on-draw
    • Bugfixes in code and specs related to fonts.


Layout Update

  • Layout

    • 5 blockers on trunk (4 with patches)

    • 3 untriaged noms (all with patches)
  • SVG
    • 0 blockers
  • Video/Audio


Content Update


Mac OS X Update


JS 1.9.1

  • JS Blockers: 11

  • bug 463262 about unittesting on VMs needs to be resolved
    • could just do one-off testing for now instead of full automation

    • damons, sayrer to follow-up


General 1.9.1

These are bugs that fall outside of components covered by the Gfx, Content, Layout and JS groups:


Mobile 1.9.1 Update


Security


Multi-Process

  • bent working up initial linkage/hookup of Chromium IPC code

    • Windows at first, with lots of hacks, e.g.

      • enabling C++ exceptions in order to make the STL happy;

      • disabling accessibility to work around structured exception handling difficulties when C++ exceptions are enabled;
      • Always enabling libxul so that the static IPC library from chromium is available to all the right places
  • cjones will be starting on a protocol layer to make IPC channels “safe” through static and dynamic type and call-safety guarantees
  • We are not planning on taking the Chromium networking stack in the near future, due to concerns about compatibility (pipelining, etc)


Tree Management

  • “Caution Flag”. Found way to do firmware update on equallogic without closing tree.

    • full functionality, but 76 VMs will be down, so expect wait times between 7pm PST tonight until 7am PST tomorrow

    • defer risky/non-essential until tomorrow.
    • careful sheriffing today and tomorrow.


Roundtable

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress