Meeting Notes

16-June-2009

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-16

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:01 pm

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-06-16

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty


Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

  • KaiRo will solicit opinions on whether to use the new “pretty names” system for our release builds that Firefox and Thunderbird are using.

OPEN

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: “We don’t have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time.” – We can only wait right now.

CLOSED

  • Should we have all NEW bugs that had no comment after 2005-03-10 mass-changed to UNCONFIRMED?

    • [KaiRo] has finally done the mass-UNCONFIRMing on Sunday, query tag for this change: mass-UNCONFIRM-20090614


SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1

Bug Queries

open blockers (1)
all blockers (2)
blocker requests (1)

  • SeaMonkey developers will need to nominate bugs that they think should be considered for blocking Beta 1.

    • IanN: more triage of the blocker nominations?
  • Tentative Beta 1 freeze date?
    • Thunderbird 3.0 beta 3 dates are still totally up in the air, what should we do?

    • They are waiting for Search to land and it’s looking quite close now but they still have more than 30 blockers left.
    • The main Search patch has landed. Standard8 thinks that a release freeze in 2 to 4 weeks is possible.
    • Tentative Beta 1 freeze date pushed back 2 weeks to the next meeting where we will decide on a hard freeze date.
    • We shall also need to do a L10n freeze at that time. We hope to release L10n builds off the automated harness KaiRo is working on.
  • Tabmail is still the biggest missing item. It needs a bit more work and reviews, but it’s reaching a usable state.
    • Prerequisite for Lightning which we would like to support.
  • Blocker bug 484175 (History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working): how can we progress?
    • This is due to the order in which toolkit starts up. Discussions on various ways to fix this for SeaMonkey.


SeaMonkey 2 Beta 2

Bug Queries

open blockers (0)
all blockers (0)
blocker requests (1)

  • We might want to take bug 474701 depending on how it works out in Thunderbird.


Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted (11)
wanted requests (17)

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 29 new, 32 fixed, 43 triaged.

Major wanted/needed features:

  • Download manager aftermath:

    • bug 474622 InvisibleSmiley is working on some key hookups.

    • KaiRo fixed the OSX button images.
    • bug 495680 The import problem with downloads with the -1 (NOT_STARTED) status in the old download.rdf still needs to be looked at in toolkit, might be an easy patch once we know what to do with them.
    • IanN note significant slow down in the tree view updating.
  • Toolbar customization aftermath:
    • Ratty fixed a minor regression: bug 491676 problems with multistate-buttons.

    • bug 481862 We still need small button icons for modern in MailNews.
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update. prometeo has stepped up to work on this.
    • No News.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
    • No News.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.

    • We probably need to move this item to 2.next (or Beta 2?).
  • bug 460953 Port jminta’s kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
    • There isn’t any urgent need for progress on this as long as we don’t break. It might be good for extensions if we to convert our folder pane to be JS-driven e.g. calendar wants to put items there.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • No News.
  • bug 348720 New icon set for “SeaMonkey Default Theme”.
    • No News.
  • bug 465504 Include an identity indicator in primary chrome (EV certificate UI). FIXED.
    • Modern Patch for theming the URL bar has been checked in.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


xpcshell Tests & Leak Logs

  • Thanks to Serge Gautherie for finishing and landing bug 384339, this means that check-interactive works correctly even with tail_*.js scripts in xpcshell tests.

  • We have now have landed mailnews shutdown scripts for everything bar mailnews/db/gloda.
    • Therefore reported leaks for xpcshell-tests are either real leaks or issues in the testcases.

    • bug 498147 is the tracking bug for leaks in MailNews – bugs already filed for existing leaks.
    • Some leak bugs cover multiple tests as they are most likely caused by one issue.
  • mailnews/db/gloda will hopefully land soon.
  • Standard8 happy to try and help resolve leaks in new tests.


ajschult


Aqualon


asrail


biesi


Callek


IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Triaging some of the new-unconfirmed old bugs.
  • Blocker triaging.


KaiRo

  • Fixing up some small things that had been lying around on my to-look-at list for a while (extensions update URL, search-rdf.dtd package omission), also fixed key warning about fishcam easter egg.

  • Fixed OS X to have button icons in new download manager, used new patch structure for Mac-specific default theme files for the first time.
  • Tested and verified that localized builds from comm-1.9.1 buildbots now even work when localization isn’t complete (en-US strings are inserted).
  • Updated new OS X VMs to 10.5.7 and tested new Parallels build, but that didn’t fix the instabilities, tickets are filed with Parallels.
  • Started working on release automation for SeaMonkey, a lot of it is working and with luck we might be able to use it for Beta 1.
  • Handled a few checkin-needed patches.
  • Did the big NEW->UNCONFIRMED bug change and ran into some problems with Bugzilla, but finally succeeded (not without some embarrassment).
  • Started 1.1.17 release process.
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.


mcsmurf

  • Finally reviewed bug 494169 (tinderbox orange).

  • Filed&attached a patch to bug 497424 Port Bug 452162 (Lessen the number of cases where a restart is required on application update) to SeaMonkey installer.
  • Found a crash in MailNews, probably only a edge case bug 497894 SeaMonkey crashes after deleting parts of the mail address in the To: field after autocomplete.


Misak


Mnyromyr


MReimer


Neil

  • Fixed File Upload (regression from bug 412822), only for toolkit download manager to break it before I could get reviews.

  • Fixed my own regression (bug 496046).
  • Fixed autocomplete tests (bug 494169).
  • Landed last part of EV UI (bug 465504).
  • Triaged some NEW-UNCO bugs.


Ratty

  • Bugs Fixed:

    • bug 444917 It should be possible for an extension to reload Page Info on a different document (Port Firefox bug 388504).

    • bug 86400 Multiple page info windows can be opened.
    • bug 491676 Customizable Toolbars in SeaMonkey MailNews has problems with multistate-buttons.
  • Working on:
    • bug 491310 Port changes in the new Firefox Page Info implementation since the initial port.
  • Blocked on:
    • bug 481862 Small buttons for MailNews. Working on the CSS part.
  • Bug triage: MailNews, 3pane context menus, Error Console.
  • AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/


sgautherie

  • Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:

    • bug 497450 Port new bug 495533 crashtest leak threshold to SeaMonkey
  • Fixed (MailNews) Core/… (but SM related) bugs:
    • bug 234844 NS_HTMLEDITOR_COMMANDTABLE_CID and NS_HTMLEDITOR_DOCSTATE_COMMANDTABLE_CID have malformed CIDs

    • bug 384339 The check-interactive code executes head, tail scripts before the user runs
    • bug 471085 Intermittent hang/crash at end of ‘mochitest’ suite, triggered by test_videocontrols.html
    • bug 490028 JavaScript strict warning in chrome://messenger-newsblog/content/Feed.js and feed-parser.js; (Dv1) Fix newsblog.js too
    • bug 493008 Port |Bug 472093 – fix build system to use NTDDI_VERSION instead of random checks| to comm-central
    • bug 494769 [MacOSX] mochitest-plain: test_wav_trailing.html (and others) intermittently triggers “malloc: *** error: can’t allocate region”
  • And working on other areas… like
    • infrastructure to run tests

    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
    • doing an (experimental) Windows mozilla-central SeaMonkey build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; looking forward to SM/m-c builds now that KaiRo is setting up the new buildbot slaves (bug 464325 follow-ups).


Standard8


stefanh


wladow


Any other business?

  • Should we use the “pretty name” system used by FF (and IIRC TB as well) for our release builds?

    • We would have structures and names like win32/en-US/SeaMonkey Setup 2.0 Alpha 4.exe

    • KaiRo will solicit opinions. Meanwhile we will continue not to use pretty names.

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-16

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-06-16

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda


Action Items


New


Open

  • Autoconfig process – work in progress


Closed

  • Muting status meeting – gozer (now muted by default + “announces” new arrivals).


Thunderbird 3 Beta 3

  • Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )

    • Slushy String freeze date: TBD

    • Slushy Code Freeze date: TBD
    • Firm String / Code freeze date: TBD
    • l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: TBD
    • Target Build Ship date: TBD
  • dmose is release driver
  • gozer is build engineer
  • Search (bug 474701) – folder display patch landed

    • reviews to asuth, submodule changes under discussion

    • devs should get mozmill installed and test harness running
  • Beta 3 stated as the release for all work with serious downstream work impact (ui, backend, l10n, etc). Anything that isn’t like that should be pushed out into Beta 4.


Thunderbird 3 Beta 4

  • Release Driver: Standard8

  • Build Engineer: gozer

Not much to say on Beta 4 until B3 is sorted out.


Thunderbird 3

  • Standard8 and gozer have been working on getting new app update server up and going for Thunderbird 3
  • Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.

  • If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.


QA Updates

  • Usual bug day

  • Participated in testing the refactoring
  • Waiting on date to organize the rest
  • Email about UI refactoring sent to thunderbird-tester mailing list
  • This week will be a regular bugday.


Marketing Updates

  • Welcome to NectarPR who we’ve got on board to help with pr and launch.

  • Continuing work with Thunderbird icon refresh. Targeting next Monday to get designer on board.
  • Check out Mozilla Service Week Sept 14 – 21.


IT update

  • Buildbot performance/reliability improvements

  • Setting up a staging buildbot installation
  • Working at solving our issues with Hg
  • Windows try server speed issues
    • servers in Amazon cloud
  • Non-windows signing tests worked
  • Bad blade has been replaced


Documentation

  • continued work on porting / archiving content on mozilla.org

    • moved code review requirements to MDC; updated with input from Standard8, dmose, bienvenu
  • blog asuth’s new how-tos
  • ongoing notations / links for newsgroup threads on MDC
  • short week – attended Open Web conference
  • keeping an eye on FTP server dir hierarchy changes; will update docs once they happen


Roundtable


xpcshell Tests & Leak Logs (Standard8)

  • Thanks to Serge Gautherie for finishing and landing bug 384339, this means that check-interactive works correctly even with tail_*.js scripts in xpcshell tests.

  • Now have landed mailnews shutdown scripts for everything bar mailnews/db/gloda.
    • Therefore reported leaks for xpcshell-tests are either real leaks or issues in the testcases.

    • bug 498147 is the tracking bug for leaks in MailNews – bugs already filed for existing leaks.
    • Some leak bugs cover multiple tests as they are most likely caused by one issue.
  • mailnews/db/gloda will hopefully land soon.
  • Standard8 happy to try and help resolve leaks in new tests.
  • [1] has current documentation; may move to devmo


Status Updates


nth10sd
  • On hiatus from end-June for 2 weeks

  • Left with ~10 Mail patchloves with non-obsolete patches – should finish by end-June
    • Will ping about obsolete patchlove patches, to hopefully get updated patches
  • Testing bug 474701 post-landing, confirming a number of bugs.
  • Came up with Gmail IMAP testcase for bug 498156 – Chinese HTML testcase
  • Parallel push of closemes / labelling with wsmwk
  • bug 345040, bug 62026 – patchloves
  • bug 340779 – qawanted for the week


sid0
  • bug 467768.

  • UI refactoring testing.
  • Lots of problems with the multiplexed message pane (e.g. several problems for which there are workarounds in 467768, or bug 498514.) Thinking of taking the bug to de-multiplex the message pane.
  • Still having a bit of trouble with mozmill, though asuth has some patches that should help.


davida
  • MoMo board meeting

  • spoke about Open Web Vancouver conference


dmose
  • Last week

  • This week
    • drive in compact header extraction patch

    • push on calendar contractor hiring


Standard8
  • Reviews & Driving

  • Unit Tests – Cleaning up leak output bug 438922, see above.
  • bug 497891 Incorrect plural rules for thread counts in summary page for collapsed threads and multiple selections.
  • Send in background
    • More work on moving this forward.
  • Content Tabs


asuth
  • Landed bug 474701. Dealing with regressions, documentation, unit testing.


bienvenu
  • Reviews and Driving

  • UI refactoring testing
  • Fixed fake server to quote folder name in status response, bug 497503
  • Fixed hang when trying to append a file to an imap folder and the file read returns 0 bytes, bug 497598
  • Expand collapsed threads when new messages come into open views, bug 494811
  • Fixed local folder empty trash regression, bug 498331
  • If imap folder create fails, list parent to see if it supports children, bug 492921
  • Worked on some imap fake server issues with LIST command – that and other patches awaiting review.


gozer
  • Build

    • ftp.m.o nightly directory re-org today! bug 481685

    • Buildbot
      • Upgraded twisted

      • Buildbot master got migrated to a faster VM with speedier I/O
    • Investigated the ongoing issues with ‘hg clone’
      • hg clone --uncompressed looks promising

        • < 5 minute mozilla-central clone from a local LAN mirror on OS X
  • Infrastructure

    • Better, deeper monitoring of buildbot

    • Replaced the failed blade
    • Brought 4 new VM Server Hosts online
    • Tested VMWare ESXi


clarkbw
  • Reviews and Bugs

  • working with new code re-factor patch
  • creating a set of example extensions
  • will be creating a set of polish tracking bugs for coming b4 release


wsmwk
  • extended bugzilla editbugs privs to: 1 person, 2 more in the works

  • grilled Bug 474701 landing for front end rework for new search ui
  • bug triage: General, junk, spelling, …
    • 50+ bugs closed, 30 closemes pending


beckley


Penelope
  • Russian localization of Penelope by Alexander Slovesnik

  • Submitted a patch of end-of-line issues with the upstream repo for liboggplay
  • Hid the quick recipient menus (New Message To, Forward To, Redirect To) as the quick recipient feature is not implemented yet
  • bug 457745 More patches and comments on the auto-naming filter patch
  • Some testing of Eudora 8 on Windows 7 RC showed some problems with importing from Classic Eudora, which involves some disk/file errors, but reproducibility is a problem


KaiRo
  • Once again not here today due to attending a university course

  • Tested and verified that “L10n merge” works on new SeaMonkey buildbots (localized builds work even with incomplete localization due to merging in en-US strings) – Thunderbird can get this with new L10n repack classes
  • Started working on release automation for SeaMonkey, a lot of it is working already, should be able to use it for Beta 1
  • Did the big NEW->UNCONFIRMED bug change for old untouched SeaMonkey bugs and ran into some problems with Bugzilla, but finally succeeded (not without some embarrassment)
  • Driving SeaMonkey 1.1.17 release process in parallel with Thunderbird 2.0.0.22


rkent


rebron


Tsk
  • Usual organizing

  • Working on ISP
  • Getting into python – not as fast as I would like.
  • Happy about the refactoring finally landing and the way the patches are pilling up.


andreasn
  • Last week

    • Built TB on Mac

    • Multiple messages css bug 492158
    • Autoconfiguration layout (sent to clarkbw)
    • Compose icon experiments (still wip)
  • This week

    • Account Central

    • Folder summary
    • Reply-to-list icons
    • Away Thu-Fri


mkmelin


bwinton

Last week:

This week:


Attendees

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-16

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2009-06-16

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.12

  • Please work on your blockers

  • Currently have 26 blockers that need patches
  • Code freeze scheduled for tonight!
  • Reminder: All patches require approval on 1.9.0. Blockers do not have automatic approval

Firefox 3.5 RC1

  • froze and started RC1 builds on Friday last week

  • rebuilt RC1 yesterday to correct a problem with the updater code, won’t affect QA results or timing
  • so far the rest of the RC1 QA work has looked great
  • aiming for following schedule:
    • Tuesday,June 16th – ship RC1 update to Firefox 3.5 Beta users

    • Friday, June 19th – pending QA approval, ship RC1 on all-beta download page
    • Thursday, June 25th – make launch decision for following week


Blocker Report


Browser / Front End

  • Spending time this week helping QA with RC1 verification work
  • Polish update: Firefox is 58% shiny (+4% change)


GFX Update

  • New Windows pixman span rasterizer is just about ready to land; gives Windows performance potentially greater than that of Mac. Only thing left is Linux, which is hampered by XRender.

  • Windows 7 jumplists are coming along. This will be a toolkit/widget feature, so other products (eg Thunderbird) will be able to take advantage of it.
  • Landed a fix to image caching that ended up regressing Tp memory use and performance. Have some theories about this which we’re going to test.
  • Working on finishing up Q2 goals and defining Q3 goals; look for a post to dev.planning today.
  • Other small things; see GFX meeting notes for more details.


Layout Update


Content Update

  • Content Blockers: None!

  • Work on HTML 5 parser
    • No reports of webcompat problems.

    • Actual parser changes being reviewed.
    • Having perf problems on talos when parser is enabled.
  • Slim wrappers
  • Multiprocess
  • Starting work on XBL2
    • Have plan for attachment/detachment and insertion points here.


Mac OS X Update

  • Josh working on Cocoa NPAPI drawing model.

  • Steven Michaud working on various Mac OS X bugs.


JS 1.9.1


General 1.9.1


Mobile 1.9.1 Update


Security


Multi-Process


Tree Management

  • pushing FF3.5rc1build2 to mirrors; ready to start FF3.5rc1build3 when we get “go”

  • changed tracemonkey talos slaves from dedicated to pool-of-talos-slaves
  • started producing Fennec desktop builds today
  • WinCE signing goal dropped while requirements being figured out.


Roundtable

15-June-2009

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-15

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2009-06-15

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Friends of the Tree


Development Updates


Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x


Gecko 1.9.1

  • Sustained zero blockers over the weekend; however, there’s at least one that has popped up today. Looks like a rebuild of the RC might occur. There’s also one blocker nomination the JS team is looking into right now; however, it doesn’t look like a blocker so far.

  • In parallel to the Firefox 3.5 effort, we’ve been working on a multi-process implementation. Chris Jones just sent a great update to the dev list, and we will be having a brown bag to discuss the Chromium Security Sandbox.
  • New interns this week:
    • Justin Lebar, Stanford, working in the Content group with Jonas Sicking

    • Matin Movassate, Stanford, working in Content with Blake Kaplan
    • Ryo Kawaguchi, CMU, working in Layout with Daniel Holbert.


Firefox 3.5

Firefox Front End Work

  • helping QA test RC1, other than that, moved on to Firefox.next tasks (see below)

Namoroka

  • Firefox Interns are totally rocking it:

    • both have code in the tree, MattN will have code in 3.5!

    • about:me has gotten fantastic feedback and even some press mentions (yay, Margaret)
    • can’t wait for Felipe to get here


TB 3


Mobile


IT

  • Fx 3.0.11 went out unthrottled!

    • That’s four for four!

    • Bouncer logging still needs a re-architect (bug 464778)


Release Engineering

  • FF3.5rc1 (build#1) handed to QA Friday+Sunday. FF3.5rc1 (build#2) waiting for formal “go”.

  • TB2.0.0.22 beta delayed Friday because of bug 497956
    • builds, mars are fine. html snippets regen’d using older sha1.

    • going to beta today
  • did two *non*downtimes last week
    • lots of backlogged changes after long code freeze, more this week depending on rc1.

    • pooled talos machines on mozilla-central, 3.0; still need to convert 1.9.1 and tracemonkey.
  • Lukas in MV this week; stop by and say hi.


QA

Test Execution

Web Dev Testing

  • Please join us in welcoming Raymond, our 1-year-long intern!

  • Shipped SUMO 1.1, which included screencast support (FLV, SWF, OGG)
  • Soft-launching Mozilla Service Week (might be behind auth for a short while) today!

Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community

  • Moco Fx3.5 Preview Testday results

    • Had a max of 64 in the testday channel at its peak

    • Major contributors outside mozQA: Labs team! (jono, myk, Mardak), mak, kbrosnan, tmyoung, asadotzler, ozten, Lucas, TheUni, limi, zpao, dao, dria, mitchell, and dveditz
    • 23 Bugs found
  • Website testing Testday on June 19th. See QMO for details

Test Development

  • Working our way through running external CSS tests for 3.5 to checkpoint ourselves. (Thanks Aaron & Clint!)

  • Making great progress on JS Ref Tests – have browser based tests, shell tests should land this week
  • Running Reftest on Windows Mobile
  • Running FennecMark for TPanning & Tzoom for performance testing on Fennec maemo.
  • Continued tracking down crashtests and other reported bugs for 3.5.


Security


Marketing/PR

Firefox 3.5 Launch

  • “Fastest Firefox” video campaign continues, will wrap up with 3.5 launch. Over 130 community contributed videos have been uploaded. http://www.fastestfirefox.com

  • Apply for your Firefox 3.5 party pack here: http://bit.ly/fx35launch_swagrequest
  • Website, search engine marketing, and affiliate program updates are all on track for 3.5.

Mozilla Service Week

  • Going live today!

  • Help get the word out by blogging & tweeting (tag: mozservice09)

Community Marketing Call

  • Next Community Marketing call is Wednesday, June 17th, at 10am PDT. Dial-in Info: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#. Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. For those that can’t make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on irc.mozilla.org. Please note the new the new Air Mozilla channel for all marketing-related activities.

PR

Events

  • Open Source Bridge, Portland, June 17 – 19:

    • Mikeal Rogers and Dietrich Ayala are both speaking.

    • Mozilla will participate in the Hacker Lounge. Our proposed session: Firefox & extension hacking. Dietrich will also participate in the Open Web Games session.
    • We’re also looking to participate in the Knowledge Fair
    • More details on our participation here.
  • Open Video Conference, New York, June 19 – 20:
    • Help get the word out about the conference! http://openvideoconference.org/

    • Chris Blizzard and Mark Surman will be speaking.
    • We’re hosting a video contest that will now kick off at the conference vs. wrapping up then.
    • NYC-based and interested in attending? You can do so in exchange for time at the Mozilla table!
  • Personal Democracy Conference, New York, June 29th – 30th: Mozilla Foundation is sponsoring the PdF conference. Frank could use some help hosting a Mozilla booth — free passes in exchange!
  • FISL – Porto Alegre, Brasil, June 24 – 27

New Team Members

  • Welcome Sarah Doherty, Community Marketing Manager and Shannon Prior, PR Intern!


Support

  • Support is doing a Support Firefox Day next Thursday to gear up for 3.5. Blog post coming. We’d love to see you all there.

  • If you want to help with Firefox 3.5 support during release, let us know.


Metrics

  • Our 8th edition of Funnelcake ships this Thursday

  • Firefox.com download button test
    • launched the test last Monday

    • testing three new colors of the Fx download button to see if we can improve our conversion rate
    • orange/yellowish color seems like a clear loser (from early analysis)
  • Firefox Uninstall Survey
  • Introducing Eric Hergenrader, our analytics intern
    • Eric will be working on analytics projects related to SUMO, l10n, and AMO (among other projects)


Evangelism

  • Mozilla Developer Center

    • Continuing to work on back-end stuff; we should have some more new features and skin fixes up very soon.

    • Firefox 3.5 documentation cleanup continues, but there’s not much happening there anymore. Starting to gear up for some content reorganization. Expect to see blog posts on this soon.
  • 35 days week 1 is done!

    • Posted 7 features and 7 demos

    • More than 500 followers on twitter now
    • 200 comments in the various posts
    • Today featured first demo written by someone who found us instead of us reaching out to someone else


Labs

  • Working on pulling together a Weave 0.4 release in the next two weeks.

  • Personas 1.2.1 released, fixes Thunderbird regression in Personas 1.2.
  • Jetpack 0.2 was released with slidebar support, storage, and the future! http://jetpack.mozillalabs.com . Good press coverage, with many new Jetpacks created by web developers.


Developer Tools

  • Integration is complete. Thunderhead 2 and Bespin have collided and the new UI has been created

  • Next, we polish


Add-ons

  • Compatibility up to almost 80% for 3.5.*

    • Most of the remaining add-ons are in the long tail, we’re now approaching developers directly to see if they’ll upgrade
  • Extend Firefox 3.5 launches this week
  • AMO 5.0.6 launched!
    • launch post

    • Still waiting on overall web metrics but downloads are steady
      • Target is new users, will get interesting data once 3.5 launches.
    • over 9000 collections created since Wednesday
    • 36,000 downloads of the Add-on Collector
    • 116,000 add-on downloads from collections
  • Nick will be at FISL next week in Porto Alegre, Brazil


Webdev


L10n

Firefox 3.5

Web

Tools


Foundation Updates

  • We’ll be hosting the hybrid organization summit this week; for more information see the agenda.

  • We continue to prepare for the relaunch of www.mozilla.org:
  • We’ve started requirements gathering for the Bugzilla project:
  • We’re continuing to look for new Mozilla Education partners and projects:
    • On last week’s call we discussed possible new ideas for online courses; for more information see the call notes.

    • Frank attended a workshop last week on teaching open source and blogged about it.


Roundtable

The interns group has just exploded this week! Please give a warm welcome to our new 9 recruits:

  • David Tran — IT/Ops

  • Jeremy Hiatt — l10n
  • Shannon Prior — PR/Marketing
  • Eric Hergenrader — Metrics
  • Matin Movassate — Content
  • Justin Lebar — Content
  • Roy Frostig — Mobile
  • Ryo Kawaguchi — Layout
  • RJ Walsh — Web Dev


Other Business

9-June-2009

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-09

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-06-09

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda


Action Items


New


Open

  • Autoconfig process – work in progress

  • Muting status meeting – gozer


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 3

  • Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )

    • Slushy String freeze date: TBD

    • Slushy Code Freeze date: TBD
    • Firm String / Code freeze date: TBD
    • l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: TBD
    • Target Build Ship date: TBD
  • dmose is release driver
  • gozer is build engineer
  • Search (bug 474701) will be landing over the next week or two and then we’ll finish up the beta.

    • try server build while the patch is being reviewed

    • once it lands dates for b3 and b4.
  • Beta 3 stated as the release for all work with serious downstream work impact (ui, backend, l10n, etc). Anything that isn’t like that should be pushed out into Beta 4.
  • Blocking bugs are now allowed to be owned by nobody@mozilla.org.

    • Changing this policy helps make the list better reflect reality w.r.t. which bugs are actually getting attention and which ones aren’t.

Folder pane refactoring – good progress obver last few weeks – a try server build to be posted today.
(bug + mdat) – people should give it a try and provide feedback as too regression – please refer to the
meta bug – The patch could land if nothing major show up.

Search patch – needs user experience work. A few days work before that. Reasonable shape for beta3.

dates to be decided later


Thunderbird 3 Beta 4

  • Release Driver: Standard8

  • Build Engineer: gozer

Not much to say on Beta 4 until B3 is sorted out.


Thunderbird 3

  • Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.

  • If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
  • Moved forward discussion on statistics & AUS.

    • Hoping to get work for AUS switch (to MoMo based server) started soon, maybe to happen before b3, if not, soon after.


QA Updates

  • Had our usual Bugday

  • A few contributors joined.
  • Bug flow seems lower than usual
  • Waiting fro rivers meeting to decide what to organize this week.


Marketing Updates

  • Heads down on Thunderbird icon refresh. Drafting creative brief.

  • Get Satisfaction integration moving along, blogging plans this week.


IT update

  • Created a corporate Wiki for company private information

    • Ask me for access (better, file a bug)
  • Infrastructure is in place to host our own blogs (WordPress)
    • If you need a blog hosted, let me know


Documentation

  • transferring / retiring old content on mozilla.org

  • good feedback from recent activity on MDC

Have a look at the documentation on the Address book as it’s really well written.(http://blogs.mozillamessaging.com/docs/2009/05/28/new-documentation-for-the-thunderbird-address-book/)
Feedback thru blog, email and thru a third channel.
Support site for Tb on mozilla .org http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/ and needs to move to
momo.com


Roundtable


Status Updates


nth10sd
  • Found bug 497059 – Hang with unreliable wifi connection, either when re-connecting to email server, or on shutdown

    • Finally found its STR when struggling with home net downtime.
  • Found the regression window for bug 496273 – Cannot unsubscribe newsgroup (Error: server is undefined)
  • bugdays, QA, triage
  • qawanted bug 340168
  • patchlove bug 277043


sid0


davida


dmose
  • 3.0b3 driving

  • MoMo goals work
  • calendaring planning; also attended CalConnect shared calendaring workshop
  • compact header view extraction work (found some issues; almost there)


Standard8
  • Reviews & Driving

  • Landed bug 495232 dropping Palm Sync Support.
  • Started discussion on reorganising ftp directories bug 481685.
  • More tab & contentTabType improvements
  • bug 440794 Send in background
    • bug 28211 Worked on fixing up the copy to sent folder prompts to give automated retry and fall back so that we can avoid the requirement for a modal prompt in the middle of the send code.


asuth


bienvenu
  • Reviews and Driving

  • Landed possible fix for bug 492963, crash in [@morkTableRowCursor::NextRow]
  • Fix crashes with offline imap operations, bug 480090
  • Add reverse message enumerator to db so folder summary can show newest messages bug 495109
  • Fixed smart archives folder to use archive icon, bug 496562
  • Fixed cleanup of msg database in news tests that lead to some leaks/failures once the rest of the profile was cleaned up at the end, bug 496557
  • Add some checks for null obj->options and obj->options->state as potential fix for occasional crash stats stack in MimeMultipart_parse_line bug 482879
  • Make mimemsg resilient in the face of multiple attempts to stream the same message, bug 495304
  • Make next unread land on actual message instead of collapsed thread, bug 495642
  • Make summarize selection defer rapid repeated calls, bug 496318
  • Fix crash in hdr property enumerator if msg hdr gets deleted first bug 492116
  • Fix missing/duplicate imap msg hdr issues, bug 414723
  • Fixed crash replying to multiple messages, bug 495665
  • Don’t load first message in collapsed thread before displaying summary, bug 495304
  • Landed Bron Gondwana’s patch to add support for IMAP RFC 4978, IMAP Compress bug 401673

Next week – more work on stability issues, and gloda-related patches

cc davidb for stability bugs


gozer

Back from vacation!

  • Build

    • Small fix to clobberer

    • Completed pooling of all builders across all platforms
  • Infrastructure

    • Corporate intranet

      • Ask for access if you need it
    • MozillaMessaging hosted WordPress-MU ready
      • Ask for access if you need it


clarkbw
  • ui-reviews

  • wrote a Jetpack to review it’s extension mechanism
    • would be nice to have a similar system in thunderbird
  • going over icon polish bugs


wsmwk
  • extended bugzilla editbugs privs to: 1 person, 2 more in the works

  • notable: some lost profile/prefs issues should be fixed by bug 477934 nsSafeFileOutputStream (prefs.js) not safe from system crashes. Landed on trunk 2009-05-12. It will also be applied to 1.8.1.22 and picked up by TB2
    • This fix to Safe file stream will increase the probability of problems with virus scanners along the lines of Bug 438316 – Safe File Outputstreams conflict with file monitoring tools. Will post on mdat about.
  • bug triage
  • filed bug 495978 Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 does not appear in selection list of talkback topcrashes


beckley


Penelope
  • bug 376511 – Session Management: Toc view column ordering not remembered between launches

  • bug 487167 – need option to always display tabs
  • bug 496369 – Junk and Trash mailboxes opened when “automatically open mailboxes that receive new messages” is selected, reading focus is changed.
  • bug 457745 – Filters: Auto-assign a meaningful name.


KaiRo


rkent


rebron


Tsk
  • did

    • usual Triage, Bugday, adding tests in litmus

    • worked on ISP config a bit
    • worked on runtest.py a bit
    • Last monday was Off
  • Ongoing
    • ISP

    • Preparing b3 testing


andreasn
  • Last week

    • Attended Swedish Mozilla meetup

    • Lots of icon fixes on WinXP
    • Activity manager bug 476695
    • Trying to get the Account central patch to work without success.
    • Trying to figure out a Ubuntu/Firefox issue that’s haunting us as well. bug 426930
  • This week

    • Built TB on Mac

    • Multiple messages css bug 492158
    • Autoconfiguration layout
    • Account central (if I can get it to work)
    • Compose icon experiments


mkmelin


Attendees

Standard8 bienvenu Jenz rebron gozer Sid0 nth10sd Asuth clarkbw beckley Tsk andreasn wsmwk

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-09

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2009-06-09

From MozillaWiki


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.12

  • Schedule on the wiki

  • Currently 34 unfixed blockers. If you’re on that list, you own a blocker.
  • Code freeze is in one week! June 16 at 11:59pm (but don’t perendinate too long!)

Firefox 3.5 RC1

  • closed mozilla-central to all but approved patches and blockers on May 21

  • only a few blockers (mostly Javascript correctness) remaining
  • delivered “Firefox Preview” update to 800k+ beta users to get more feeedback and testing on the changes we’ve made over the past month
  • build and QA are waiting on cutoff, ready-to-roll
  • RC will be built when it’s ready


Blocker Report

Summary

  • excluded the rest of the stats; they’re not really relevant

  • we are fixing blockers very quickly, our test suites keep running further and finding that “one more issue”
  • very strict on approvals now
  • triage should be done at least twice a day
    • need to only block on absolutely can’t-ship-without-it issues

    • need to think about backing out regression sources instead of trying to fix


Browser / Front End

  • Blockers: 1 remaining & 0 nominations

    • remaining bug is done, really – holding open in case any late-breaking locales go green

    • oh yeah, we have a new product icon thanks to the hard work of Alex, Anthony at the IconFactory, and our distributed visual design team who helped us work through the iterations


GFX Update

  • 1.9.1

  • GFX team working on finishing up Q2 goals and starting on 1.9.2 work
    • Windows 7 integration work, including jump lists.

      • Question: will the drivers want Windows 7 patches backported to 1.9.1.x?
    • Pixman maintenance and performance – different image scalers
    • @font-face spec work, fixed Firefox 3.5 firstrun page by discovering broken font
    • Imagelib API work
    • Investigational work on multiprocess graphics
      • Multiprocess graphics definitely impacts HW accel, both in schedule and functionality. Ramifications aren’t clear. Joe in MV next week for multiprocess meetings, should know more after then.
    • Canvas3D integration status – in trunk next week!


Layout Update


Content Update

  • Content Blockers: None!

  • Work on HTML 5 parser
    • First patch landed. Might affect web compat.

    • Actual parser changes being reviewed.
  • Slim wrappers
  • Multiprocess
  • Starting work on XBL2


Mac OS X Update


JS 1.9.1


General 1.9.1

These are bugs that fall outside of components covered by the Gfx, Content, Layout and JS groups:


Mobile 1.9.1 Update

  • blocking-fennec (1.0b2+, 1.0b3+ & 1.0+) [bugs]


Security


Multi-Process

  • RPC communication is up

  • plugins: load and initialize in a separate process, chat with parent process. not much “hard” work left (on Linux/Windows)
  • more detailed update forthcoming, to be posted at mozilla.dev.tech.dom


Tree Management

  • No more missing entities in l10n nightlies since 29may – details in bug 478436

    • needed for doing l10n nightly updates

    • let us know if you see problems
  • Been holding off making any changes until FF3.5beta99 went out.
  • now making first set of infrastructure fixes; explicit *non*-downtime
    • bug 491298 rename win32 slaves

    • bug 474572 OPSI production rollout
    • bug 495533 upgrade java on win slaves
    • bug 494971 add ten new slaves to talos try (well 8 really until 2 are reimaged)
    • bug 495610 Clean up whitespace in factory.py
  • once all thats in, we’ll figure out what other queued changes we can roll out in production later this week, before tree is reopened. Stay tuned


Roundtable

8-June-2009

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-08

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2009-06-08

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Friends of the Tree


Development Updates


Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x

  • Firefox 3.0.11

    • found a blocker, had to respin

    • re-shipped to beta on Friday
    • aiming for a 3pm Thursday release
  • Firefox 3.0.12

    • code freeze in a little over a week

    • still lots of blockers
    • might shift final release date by a week to accommodate blockers, 3.0.11 re-spin, and Tb2.0.0.22
  • Thunderbird 2.0.0.22 / Gecko 1.8.1.22

    • code frozen, builds in hand

    • QA is testing these and we’ll have a revised schedule soon


Gecko 1.9.1

  • We’ve hit zero blockers at least twice, BUT three code related blockers remain.

    • All three are JS.

    • Two of those have a fix and are in process of being finalized. Only one remains.
    • We’re blocking on correctness issues, found mostly by JS fuzzers. One plus one should equal 2.
  • Since most of the team has wrapped up 1.9.1 blockers, we’re focusing on (and have been for a while) future projects and the remaining planning. Watch dev-planning for conversations on the next release.
  • Welcome Irina Calciu from CMU!
  • For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.


Firefox 3.5

Firefox Front End Work

  • 1 blocker left and it’s actually already done!

  • monitoring code freeze and helping where possible by finding regression ranges, etc, looking to help QA with testing phase as well

Firefox 3.5 beta 99

  • planning on shipping a final “beta” release to get the 6 weeks of fixes out to our beta users

  • this isn’t a “proper” beta, rather a quick release to help find blockers for final
  • hoping to ship soon (today or tomorrow)

Namoroka


TB 3

  • Heads down on beta 3 work; waiting for search landing before resetting beta3 dates.

  • davida and dmose in Mountain View the first part of this week


Mobile


IT


Release Engineering

  • FF3.0.11, TB2.0.0.22, FF3.5beta99

  • office move
  • fixed missing entity problem in l10n nightlies. Another big milestone on the way to producing updates for l10n nightlies.


QA

Test Execution

Web Testing, Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community

  • Community

  • Accessibility
    • Performed an outreach to various screen reader developers to make sure bug 493695 doesn’t break them. Exposing accessibles for table row elements is not that common yet, so we wanted to make sure we’d still work with the screen readers. No problems

    • Filed bug 495912 for support of alternative Canvas element exposure.
  • Code Coverage and Project Metrics – Created bugs found vs confirmed metrics. Working on the Pentaho Dash boarding and Data warehousing for bug metrics.
  • Web testing – Tested Personas 1.4 website. Testing AMO 5.0.6. Heavily tested SUMO 1.1 (screencast support) — aim to ship on Tuesday. Worked on Mozilla Service Week.

Test Development

  • Mozmill 1.2 will ship this week

  • Got FennecMark (Tpan and Tzoom) running on maemo, uploading to tinderbox this week
  • Started getting tests reporting on tinderbox for maemo
  • Starting on an effort to build out a test harness for DocShell testing (based on Mochi-Chrome)
  • Helping with the overall Firefox 3.5 QA Effort


Security

No updates this week.


Marketing/PR

Firefox 3.5 Launch

  • The Fastest Firefox community marketing project was launched last week.

  • Firefox 3.5 in 35 days: The Evangelism team has been working on a campaign to highlight the cool features Firefox 3.5 offers for web developers with demos and blog posts. Check out the schedule here. Help get the word out by blogging and retweeting (@mozhacks).
  • Plan a Firefox 3.5 party! We’ll be creating a new page on Spread Firefox with details on how to host parties, but you can get a head start now

Community Marketing Call

  • Notes from the June 3rd call can be found here.

  • Next Community Marketing call is Wednesday, June 17th, at 10am PDT. Dial-in Info: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#. Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. For those that can’t make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on irc.mozilla.org. Please note the new the new Air Mozilla channel for all marketing-related activities.

PR

Events

  • Open Source Bridge, Portland, June 17 – 19:

    • Mikeal Rogers and Dietrich Ayala are both speaking.

    • Mozilla will participate in the Hacker Lounge. Our proposed session: Firefox & extension hacking. Dietrich will also participate in the Open Web Games session.
    • We’re also looking to participate in the Knowledge Fair
    • More details on our participation here.
  • Open Video Conference, New York, June 19 – 20:
    • Help get the word out about the conference! http://openvideoconference.org/

    • Chris Blizzard will be speaking on the future of open video
    • We’re hosting a video conference that will now kick off at the conference vs. wrapping up then.
  • Open Web Conference, Vancouver, June 11 –
    • David Ascher will be speaking

    • Ben Galbraith and Dion Almaer will be giving a talk
    • Let Mary know if anyone is local and wants to attend — we have a few passes.
  • Personal Democracy Conference, New York, June 29th – 30th: Mozilla Foundation is sponsoring the PdF conference. Frank could use some help hosting a Mozilla booth — free passes in exchange!


Support

  • Screencast support going live tomorrow! (SUMO 1.1)

  • Matthew (zzxc) has been working on improving the Live Chat experience
  • Results from Live Chat and Forum contributor survey will be published later this week
  • Cheng (cww) is working on the next Support Firefox Day, which will take place on Thursday next week (June 18)
  • Chris (cilias) has worked with localizers to update most of the Knowledge Base content for Firefox 3.5


Metrics

  • New Firefox Uninstall Survey

    • Launched on Friday

    • We’re currently seeing these numbers: of Fx users uninstalling each day, about 2K agree to take the survey and about 600 complete the survey
    • We’re currently figuring out optimal ways for making the data public again
    • Blog post coming soon


Evangelism

  • Enabled the new Page Notifications and tag editor features on MDC.

  • Wrote new how to guide for using MDC.


Labs

  • A release candidate for the next stability and bug fix version of Personas (version 1.2), with some fixes for late-breaking changes in Firefox 3.5, is available. Try it out and file bugs or post to the discussion group if you notice problems with it.


Developer Tools

- No updates


Add-ons

  • AMO 5.0.6 release on Wednesday

    • Almost 300 resolved bugs- check out Fligtar’s moxie Dashboard

    • Redesign of AMO from top to bottom with our first Firefox extension (Add-on Collector) and the Collections feature!
  • Compatibility with 3.5 up to 72% thanks to Sun updating the Java Console entry- should be up another 3-4% once they complete testing of the new Java Console
  • AMO 5.0.7 release includes Contributions and Tagging, launching on 6/30


Webdev

  • AMO 5.0.6 goes live tomorrow (bug 496907) – huge release. over 285 bugs closed, average of 11 bugs per work day. see some stats

  • Mozilla Service week is staged and looking great see a demo
  • SUMO 1.1 (screencasts) to go live this week, just waiting on IE QA to confirm Tuesday or Thursday
  • http://hacks.mozilla.org launched
  • Firefox Uninstall Survey launched, as announced by Metrics.


L10n

Firefox 3.5

Web

  • We’re asking last localization teams to finish up for Firefox 3.5, including a lot of work to be done on the Mozilla Getting Started page.

  • Web parts status.

Tools

  • Verbatim team meeting last week to restart our efforts to support AMO and SUMO localization with web tools. Meetings will be on Fridays at 9 AM (UTC -7).


Foundation Updates


Roundtable

We have one new intern starting today in the platform group. Please give a warm round of applause for Irina Calciu.


Other Business

2-June-2009

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-02

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-06-02

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty


Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: “We don’t have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time.” – We can only wait right now.

CLOSED

  • Should we have all NEW bugs that had no comment after 2005-03-10 mass-changed to UNCONFIRMED?

    • [KaiRo] has blogged and posted, we need to decide on what to do.

    • See Any other business? for the resolution.


SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1

Bug Queries

open blockers (1)
all blockers (2)
blocker requests (1)

  • SeaMonkey developers will need to nominate bugs that they think should be considered for blocking Beta 1.

    • IanN has completed triage of the blocker nominations.

    • Confirmed one; Asked for 3 to be renominated; and 1 for confirmation if it is still an issue.
  • Tentative Beta 1 freeze date today!?
    • Thunderbird 3.0 beta 3 dates are still totally up in the air, what should we do?

    • They are waiting for Search to land and it’s looking quite close now but they still have 30 blockers left.
    • When TB does decide to freeze, Standard8 thinks it’s going to happen quite quickly.
  • Thunderbird has added one more beta (beta 4) to their schedule, will we do a beta 2 as well?
    • Probably.

    • There are issues that definitely need an extra step between beta 1 and release.
    • We could make it the mail beta and concentrate on integrating stuff from TB3.
  • Tabmail is still the biggest missing item.
    • Prerequisite for Lightning which we would like to support.
  • We might want to take bug 474701 depending on how it works out in Thunderbird.
  • Possible blocker bug 484175 (History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working).


Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted (12)
wanted requests (18)

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 28 new, 19 fixed, 67 triaged.

Major wanted/needed features:

  • bug 381157 Download manager backend.

    • LANDED! Thanks to Callek and mcsmurf for the work!

    • bug 472001 UI for download manager.
      • LANDED!
    • bug 483241 Fully implement download progress dialogs.
      • LANDED!
    • Some smaller followups still in progress, so far no larger problems reported
  • Toolbar customization:
    • Need to fix a minor regression bug 491676 (MailNews has problems with multistate-buttons).

    • and get working small icons for mailnews in Modern bug 481862.
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update. prometeo has stepped up to work on this.
    • No news.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
    • No news.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.

    • We probably need to move this item to 2.next (or Beta 2?).
  • bug 460953 Port jminta’s kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
    • There isn’t any urgent need for progress on this as long as we don’t break. It might be good for extensions if we to convert our folder pane to be JS-driven e.g. calendar wants to put items there.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • New patch submitted. Waiting for reviews.
  • bug 348720 New icon set for “SeaMonkey Default Theme”.
    • No News.
  • bug 465504 Include an identity indicator in primary chrome (EV certificate UI).
    • Statusbar UI waiting for sr from jag.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


ajschult


Aqualon

Working on:

  • bug 207485 Message marked as delete does not change button-text to undelete. New patch is ready.


asrail


biesi


Callek


IanN

  • Usual reviewing and commenting.

  • Unfortunately coding time got taken out by paid work.
  • Outstanding “New bugzilla components” requests resolved.
  • Still working on TNEF attachments (bug 77811).
  • Blocker triaging.


KaiRo

  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.


mcsmurf

  • Last minute assist for bug 381157 Make SeaMonkey download manager use toolkit backend.

  • Did some reviews.


Misak


Mnyromyr

Working on:

  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.

  • bug 494060 JavaScript Error: “console.targetWindow is null” in venkman-debugger.js


MReimer


Neil


Ratty

  • Currently working on bugs:

    • bug 491310 Port changes in the new Firefox Page Info implementation since the initial port.

    • bug 86400 Multiple page info windows can be opened (Depends on bug 444917).
    • bug 444917 It should be possible for an extension to reload Page Info on a different document.
    • bug 491676 Customizable Toolbars in SeaMonkey MailNews has problems with multistate-buttons.
    • bug 481862 Small buttons for MailNews. Working on the CSS part.
  • Bug triage. Newsgroup discussions on how to handle ancient bugs.
  • AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/


sgautherie

  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:

    • bug 474152 [SeaMonkey] TUnit toolkit/…/test_contentAreaUtils.js fails after bug 464795 landing

    • bug 494676 Upload Packaged tests for SeaMonkey
      • Anyone should be able to download and run these (“SeaMonkey-Ports” atm) builds and tests! :-)
  • Fixed Core/… (but SM related) bugs:
    • bug 471085 Intermittent hang/crash at end of ‘mochitest’ suite, triggered by test_videocontrols.html

    • bug 494677 Port ‘package-tests’ build target to comm-central
    • bug 494769 [MacOSX] mochitest-plain: test_wav_trailing.html (and others) intermittently triggers “malloc: *** error: can’t allocate region”
  • And working on other areas… like
    • infrastructure to run tests

    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
    • doing an (experimental) Windows mozilla-central SeaMonkey build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; looking forward to SM/m-c builds now that KaiRo is setting up the new buildbot slaves (bug 464325 follow-ups).


Standard8


stefanh


wladow


Any other business?

  • Should we have all NEW bugs that had no comment after 2005-03-10 mass-changed to UNCONFIRMED?

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-02

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-06-02

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda


Action Items


New


Open

  • Autoconfig process – work in progress

  • Muting status meeting – gozer


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 3

  • Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )

    • Slushy String freeze date: TBD

    • Slushy Code Freeze date: TBD
    • Firm String / Code freeze date: TBD
    • l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: TBD
    • Target Build Ship date: TBD
  • dmose is release driver
  • gozer is build engineer
  • Search (bug 474701) will be landing over the next week or two and then we’ll finish up the beta.

    • try server build while the patch is being reviewed

    • once it lands dates for b3 and b4.
  • Beta 3 stated as the release for all work with serious downstream work impact (ui, backend, l10n, etc). Anything that isn’t like that should be pushed out into Beta 4.
  • Driver ownership of bugs

    • From a drivers conversation, requiring blocking bugs to be owned by drivers is being reconsidered. Drivers own too many bugs to drive them all. Changing this policy would helps the lists reflect reality better, so having blockers be owned by nobody@mozilla.org is now OK.


Thunderbird 3 Beta 4

  • Release Driver: Standard8

  • Build Engineer: gozer


Thunderbird 3

  • Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.

  • If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
  • Infrastructure requirements are moving forward (AUS, 10.5 builders, statistics)


QA Updates

  • A few people were very active last week both :

    • in triaging bugs (with at lest one new active member)

    • and Filling new ones
  • This week will probably end up being a normal bugday – is there anything that devs would like to see tested at this point ?
  • Make sure to add qawanted keyword if you need more information or STR for a bug.
  • bug 492963 needs some attention as we suspect it’s going to affect B3 users way more than b2.


Marketing Updates


IT update

gozer on vacation this week


Documentation

and/or alter outgoing messages?]
and How do I extract the message header from a message URI/URL?

  • Standard8′s Address Book docs

address book examples and address book interfaces

  • relocation of docs blog to a Mozilla-hosted server, switch to

WordPress


Roundtable


Status Updates


nth10sd


sid0
  • Worked on bug 467768 (make mail open in tabs by default).

    • Mostly works, however a bunch of failing edge cases means the patch lacks any sort of polish.

    • Several architectural constraints, even with the patch in bug 474701. Working with asuth for ways to work around them.
    • Also found and reported a few bugs with the patch in bug 474701.


davida


dmose
  • governance policy discussions

  • board meeting minute logistical stuff
  • ongoing extension-web-integration discussions
  • b3 driving/blogging
  • got patches to move compact-header to an extension working and up for review
  • calendaring planning work w/Fallen


Standard8
  • Reviews

  • Tab implementation improvements – bug 493700 allow different tabs to specify their own controllers for enabling/disabling command options (and specifying their own implementation of functions).
    • Still some work to do to get all menu options working correctly on non-message pane contexts, filed follow-up bugs.
  • bug 440794 Send In Background
    • Landed listener updates (api changes) that improve the activity manager UI and hopefully will help with automated retry etc.

    • bug 495527 Fixed up unit tests following the api changes.
    • Now trying to extract the send failure dialogs from the sending code so that we can do automated retry without prompting the user with a modal dialog each time.


asuth


bienvenu
  • Reviews and driving

  • Worked with Andrew’s folder display patch
  • Worked with DavidA’s message summary patch
  • Worked with a contributor’s patch to add IMAP COMPRESS support bug 401673
  • quick search ExpansionDelta is wrong for expanded threads,bug 494487
  • convert some PR_ASSERTS to NS_ASSERTIONS in libmime, bug 495447
  • Spent some time in libmime hell
  • Fixed check for error creating imap archive folder to avoid infinite attempts to create folder, bug 492921
  • Don’t call TellThreadToDie while holding m_urlReadyToRunMonitor, help with some imap hang/contention issues, bug 487965
  • Fixed part of bug 440794 – save outgoing msg’s identity in message header in the database.

Next week – b3 blockers, work with gloda patches, and as much topcrash stuff as I can fix.


gozer


clarkbw
  • interviews

  • ui-reviews
  • trying to blog more


wsmwk


beckley


Penelope


KaiRo


rkent


rebron


Tsk
  • ongoing

    • Triage and qa events

    • ISP list policy
    • Python for mozmill


andreasn


IanN


mkmelin
  • the new attachments pane in preferences bug 446291


Attendees

sid0,davida,dmose,Standard8,bienvenu,clarkbw,wsmwk,beckley,KaiRo,rkent,rebron,Tsk,andreasn,IanN,mkmelin

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2009-06-02

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2009-06-02

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.11

  • respin due to bug 495648

  • no new schedule yet; will know more after QA starts

Firefox 3.0.12

  • Schedule on the wiki

  • If your name is on this list, you own a blocker
  • Code freeze is June 16 at 11:59pm (but don’t perendinate too long!)

Firefox 3.5 RC1

  • closed mozilla-central to all but approved patches and blockers on May 21

  • about 10 blockers remaining (mostly regression fixes) over the past 5 days
  • build and QA are waiting on cutoff, ready-to-roll


Blocker Report

Since 1.9.1 branch …

Past 2 weeks …

[ Platform Blocker Queries | Front End Blocker Queries ]

Summary

  • our ability to move fixes from mozilla-central to mozilla-1.9.1 is impressive, due largely to better sheriffing practises and attention to [oranges]

  • need to keep an eye on small performance regressions
  • need to ask ourselves: fix regression or backout original fix?

The Breakdown


Browser / Front End

  • Polish update: Firefox is 56% shiny (0% change)

    • Thanks go to: Ehsan

    • Also Dao and Ehsan have been landing lots of icon
    • 46 remaining easy polish bugs (whiteboard [polish-easy])
    • 42 remaining hard polish bugs(whiteboard [polish-hard])


GFX 1.9.1 Update


Layout Update

  • No blockers, no noms, no worries


Content Update


Mac OS X Update

  • No 1.9.1 blockers.

  • Steven working on a new JEP to fix regression, bug 495278.
  • Most major work (filesystem, plugin, and 64-bit) waiting for trunk to open and Neil’s focus patch to land.


JS 1.9.1


General 1.9.1

These are bugs that fall outside of components covered by the Gfx, Content, Layout and JS groups:


Mobile 1.9.1 Update

  • blocking-fennec (1.0b2+, 1.0b3+ & 1.0+) [bugs]


Security


Multi-Process

  • Chromium IPC library building on Linux and Mac

    • Hilariously hacky fixes for building without -fshort-wchar landed
  • Test app building/working
    • Linux crash figured out

    • Multiple event loops on mac == multiple dock icons, input event issues?
  • cjones updating bent’s out-of-process plugin prototype for new IPC glue
  • bent beginning to look at launching windows and communicating with them in test app


Tree Management

  • mobile builds now on try server (linux-arm, WinCE).

    • let us know if problems

    • watching try server for load
  • added 10 win32 slaves to try server yesterday; more linux try slaves coming
  • two win32 try server talos slaves offline for graydon testing
  • mobile tree closed fri (and mon?) for office move
  • sequence of downtimes immediately after FF3.5rc1 builds and updates are handed to QA
    • keeping tree closed, will do in stable blocks and then watch, rinse, repeat.

    • unittest-separate-from-build, pooled-talos-machines, new ref platforms, central config management, mobile talos changes, new graph server changes, netapp disk upgrades full list here
    • can stop and do respin if needed


Roundtable

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress