Meeting Notes

27-January-2010

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2010-01-26

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty


Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: “We don’t have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time.” – We can only wait right now.

    • KaiRo found out that the contact at Google changed. Also, discussing a possible open Geolocation service.

CLOSED


SeaMonkey 2.0 Feedback

Only unresolved items are tracked here – and we should find a way to deal with it for every item talked about in this section!


SeaMonkey 2.0.3

open blockers (3)
blocker requests (2)
fixed (69)

  • Planned release for 16 February, based on Gecko 1.9.1.8.

  • Of the two blockers assigned to mcsmurf, one is waiting for review and the other should finally see some progress again as the try server did not like the previous few patches (try server problem).


Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 43 new, 15 fixed, 11 triaged.

  • What’s up there?

Major wanted/needed features:


2.0.x

  • bug 423281 Help updates.

    • Need to get things moving again and to contact those contributors who were working on this in the run up to SeaMonkey 2.0 to see if they are willing to continue.
  • bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn’t pay a price for having venkman installed [Mnyromyr].
    • Needs at least a core patch landing for 1.9.1.8 bug 364864 nsICategoryManager::deleteCategoryEntry does not persist outside of component registration.

    • No news.
  • bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service. New patch needed [mcsmurf].
    • Working on a new patch.


2.1

  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie].

    • Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.

    • status/progress?
  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 498596 Places bookmarks.
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 480734 Satchel data editor (“Form Manager”).
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 1.9.3) Composer.
    • kaze will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 is done.

    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work for KompoZer out of a comm-central tree and wants to discuss that at FOSDEM. He says he has a patch for getting a pre-alpha of a standalone composer from comm-central, and is circulating that one via email right now, as he doesn’t have hg access yet, even though Callek has set up a repository for this work. He’ll probably demo something on FOSDEM.
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
    • A list of TODO icons is up in the bug

    • Still needs quite a bit of work.
    • bug 522023 is working on improving the browser globe in task icons, etc..
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
    • Has review+, but needs new patch.

We also should take a look at the other items on wanted-seamonkey2.1+

  • KaiRo posted on his blog about SeaMonkey 2.1 Planning.

  • Gecko roadmap is still unclear, there are two proposals on Talk:Firefox/Roadmap now, and discussions in m.d.planning.
  • We should go for smaller releases to ease upgrade paths for users. If we need to push back one or the other feature to the next smaller release, so be it, but we should stay closer to the Geckos Firefox is shipping as current.
  • Should the next alpha be based on 1.9.2 or 1.9.3? 1.9.2 is more stable, but that means we can’t include KompoZer work, as kaze probably needs core patches that can’t be backported to the stable tree.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


ajschult


Aqualon


asrail


biesi


Callek

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 537571 client.py should error out early if wrong python version.

  • bug 541657 Port |bug 540038 add warning if configure or config.status are out of date| to comm-central.

Working on:

  • bug 538528 Allow client.py network attempts to restart itself in case of failures.

    • HELPWANTED: gozer found some errors in the linux run of this patch, I need some help either in QA form or actual developer form to finish this. –Justin Wood (Callek)


IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Fixed on comm-central:
    • bug 439134 “Customize toolbars” window a bit too small on linux – cuts off the “Restore defaults” button.
  • Fixed on 1.9.1.8/1.9.2.1 (already on 1.9.3):
    • bug 525373 Make customizable toolbars play nicely with children with disabled attributes (toolkit).
  • Working on patch following review:
    • bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
  • Working on:
    • bug 515967 Add icons to addressbook menulist in Search Addresses.

    • bug 519133 Newsgroup list in Message Filters Dialog has blank entry and extra separator.
    • bug 529647 Make Search and Go buttons widgets for Browser customizable toolbars – waiting for review but new patch needed.


InvisibleSmiley

  • Bugs Fixed:

    • bug 528413 sed used in non-portable way in configure-related — breaks on Solaris 10.


KaiRo

  • Updated SeaMonkey buildbots to mirror Firefox setup even more closely (bug 539780).

  • With that, made L10n nightlies be triggered again (bug 537329).
  • Found a glitch in RelEng’s WinCE L10n build work (bug 531275).
  • Worked on getting L10n nightly updates to work on trunk (bug 539938).
  • Checked in patch for a CC* release bustage in buildbotcustom (bug 537913).
  • Switched CC* release automation to using ChatZilla from hg (bug 537461).
  • Activated Italian ChatZilla and venkman (bug 528548) as well as Ukrainian SeaMonkey 2.0.x (bug 536890).
  • Updated German L10n for DOMi, ChatZilla, venkman, SeaMonkey and a bit of shared core.
  • Took part in many discussions about planning and other happenings in Mozilla – ranging from security vs. openness via roadmaps to KompoZer.
  • Got L10n nightly updates to work on SeaMonkey trunk (bug 539938).
  • Switched SeaMonkey2.0 tree to split, packaged tests (bug 541225), with the exception of xpcshell tests, as mailnews test fail atm (bug 541235).
  • For this, fixed generic, shared factory to not hardcode Firefox (bug 541169).
  • As a further step, did a patch for printing Mozilla revision there as well, currently waiting for review (bug 541582).
  • Also turned on xpcshell tests running on the Linux debug build on the SeaMonkey trunk tree.
  • Found out changed contact for GLS and started discussions of an alternative, open geolocation service.
  • Did a blog post on currently knowledge of SeaMonkey 2.1 plans.
  • Created own icons for download progress window and proposed a design update/improvement (bug 513691).
  • Did a patch for adapting to places history expiration changes (bug 536374).
  • As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tells about my next planned steps.


mcsmurf

Working on various bugs:

  • bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service.

  • bug 537525 Profile importer should not treat error as fatal when reading from Windows registry.


Misak


Mnyromyr

Working on:

  • bug 539738 Tree width of Preferences window has been hardcoded.


MReimer


Neil

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 540501 Inappropriate signature for nsIMsgDatabase::DeleteMessages.

  • bug 540421 Remove ANSI fallback code in nsMessengerWinIntegration.cpp.
  • bug 525047 ‘make clean’ deletes automationutils.py.
  • bug 485785 TB3b2 doesn’t properly remember message download size limit settings.

Working on:

  • bug 445695 nsMsgFilterAfterTheFact doesn’t use m_searchHits.

  • bug 485720 Text Descenders Do Not Display Properly In SeaMonkey Default Theme.
  • bug 513909 Make JS build with VC7.1.
  • bug 530735 Consider to use same undo close tab mechanism as in Firefox.
  • bug 538964 do_QueryObject to query nsRefPtr pointers.
  • bug 540322 Improve the external string API to align it with the internal string API.
  • bug 540629 Use superior autohiding menubar in full screen mode?
  • bug 540838 Toolbar elements losing the command attribute.


Ratty

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 512732 Need a chrome://branding/content/icon48.png since mozapps css refers to this.

  • bug 538164 Sync the Applications Prefpane with the latest from mozilla-central.

Working on:

  • bug 534221 Implement close (x) button on every tab (browser.tabs.closeButtons).

  • bug 537448 Port bug 227305 (Support drag-drop single message to desktop / file-system window). Has r+/sr+ but I need to clarify one last minor nit.
  • bug 541665 Sync Suite pref-smartupdate.* with mozilla-central

Other:


sgautherie

  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:

    • bug 534647 mochitest-browser-chrome: perma/random “browser_ApplicationPrefs.js | Timed out” after bug 152526 landing, caused by browser_bug431826.js

    • bug 536940 Port |Bug 468053 – gBrowser.addTab not treat null/undefined Uri as blank tab leading to extra work at least when restoring session| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 539722 Port |Bug 515433 – (CSP) Implement core CSP elements| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 541125 Fix wrong packaging issues on m-1.9.2, SeaMonkey part
    • bug 541248 Port |Bug 536440 – HOST_AR should not be overridden in configure| to comm-central
    • bug 541810 configure.in: remove obsolete “dnl the qsort routine under solaris is faulty”
    • bug 521382 Port |Bug 508421 – move res/ stuff into toolkit.jar| to comm-central (apps)
    • bug 536374 Places history changes due to async expiration. (Port bug 520165.)
    • bug 541125 Fix wrong packaging issues on m-1.9.2, SeaMonkey part
    • bug 541824 Sort removed-files.in entries
  • See also
  • And working on other areas… like
    • infrastructure to run tests

    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
    • doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, filing bugs as needed; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).


Standard8


stefanh

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 530064 Firefox can’t open local files (from Finder) with space character(s) in file name.

Working on:

  • bug 520610 E-mails (.eml) saved will not open from Finder.

  • bug 537343 Need new entities for proper Mac menu items localization in all the supported locales.


wladow


Any other business?

  • We should have documentation on the web. If anyone can write up scripting to convert help docs to web pages, we would appreciate it.

    • We should have our help files in CC-by or something like that (ideally, matching SUMO).

    • If we would set up a SUMO clone, somebody would need to take care of it, i.e. we’d need a module owner for it. KaiRo is sure we could work out getting it set up by Mozilla on Mozilla hardware, but someone from our side would need to manage it. IanN and mcsmurf will help with setting this up.
    • mcsmurf to file a bug on setting up a SUMO instance for SeaMonkey.
  • Re-factor the Tabbed Browsing pane in the preferences window.
    • IanN suggests that we have a new pane at the same level as tabbed browsing called Link Handling or Link Behaviour and put the two groups (link open behaviour and links from other applications) from tabbed browsing in there.

    • We should have a suite wide “Global” category and move the various appearance panes under it. Downloads and Helper Apps from Browser could be moved there as well.
  • who’s going to FOSDEM?
    • IanN, Kaze, Mnyromyr, sgautherie, BenoitRen, Cedric (from SeaMonkey and KompoZer L10n).

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Platform/2010-01-26

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.18 / Firefox 3.5.8

  • code freeze January 19th <– boy, that’s a while ago, isn’t it?

  • there are 15 blockers remaining for 1.9.0.18
    • bz, ddahl, dholbert, jmathies, mrbkap (x9), roc, wtc (so, johnath?)
  • there are 11 blockers remaining for 1.9.1.8
    • joe, kaie (x2, so johnath?), mats, mrbkap (x3), rs, roc, surkov, wtc (so, johnath?)
  • release scheduled for Feb 16th

Firefox 3.6

  • released last Thursday at 9:30am PST

  • built off Gecko 1.9.2

Firefox for Maemo 1.0 RC3

  • coming this week

  • will be built off Gecko 1.9.2.1

Firefox 3.6.2

  • will be built off Gecko 1.9.2.2

  • potentially skipping the version number of Firefox 3.6.1 in order to stay in sync with platform
  • hoping for small, mid-February release, co-inciding with Firefox 3.0.18/3.5.8

Gecko 1.9.3a1


Blocker Report


Browser / Front End

Holy crap, we shipped 3.6 and it is awesome! Let’s do new, awesome things!

Among the upcoming awesome stuff you may want to keep an eye on:

For more, subscribe to planet firefox


GFX Update

  • Pixman update landed on mozilla-central, and gave us a win on Tsvg, bu most importantly it gave us a whole lot of code churn, and therefore a new set of bugs. Please test!

  • Cairo update work is ongoing. (This will allow us to use the cairo GL backend.)
  • The Cairo side of the Direct2D patch has landed. Font, widget, etc work is still undergoing review.
  • Core Animation patch (bug 497225) is undergoing review. It has some deficiencies that we hope are fixable, but might not be. There also seems to be no way to retrieve, and therefore test, its output (confirmed by an Apple employee).


Layout Update

  • Plans laid for adaptive streaming at FOMS

  • Landed syncbase timing for SVG animation


Content Update

  • CPOWs still awaiting review (bent, feel free to steal SR from bsmedberg). Exception support in a followup bug. Coordinated with cjones to support automatic run-to-completion semantics.

  • More people on board with e10s necko work
  • Starting to help out with triaging for trunk alpha.
  • Complete wrapperization ready for review.
  • Talos now fixed so its pageset works with HTML5 parser builds.
  • Main HTML5 parser mochitest failure reason identified.


Platform-specific Support Update


JS


Startup Performance

Priorities

Estimated win Bug # Summary Owner Status Notes
>10% bug 512584 Super fast paths for Components.classes and Components.interfaces Taras Glek in progress Taras is traveling, says he’ll close it out when he returns.
>10% bug 525013 Investigate a more static build configuration of Firefox Joel Reymont in progress Joel has a patch up for review by Ted, and posted to dev.platform. PDF charts of results: Mac, Linux.
up to 25% bug 514083 Per-file HFS+ compression on Mac OSX 10.6 Joel Reymont in progress Joel’s starting to work on this.
TBD bug 520309 Startup cache: replacement for fastload cache Ben Hsieh in progress Multiple-references likely not needed, final patch for the original approach is in progress.
TBD bug 503483 Turn on –enable-faststart for Firefox by default Dietrich in progress Got a patch up that gets it working manually on Win7. Need changes to installer and updater before we can get it into nightly tester’s hands. Need more measurements on overall cost.
TBD bug 513149 Speed up CSS parsing by using a machine generated lexer Zack Weinberg Zack’s blocked on other work No update.Taras says about 6% of startup spent parsing CSS.

More


Security


Electrolysis

  • Last known blockers to on-by-default should land today, hopefully on-by-default for tomorrow’s nightly (bsmedberg will blog today)

  • small set of additional blockers for beta, plus actually doing the backport. The tree is now live and working

Fennec-related work:

  • async global history (Fred)

  • networking (bsmedberg owes jduell a review)
  • event handling (smaug)


Breakpad

  • DWARF Linux support landed.

  • DWARF CFI parser written, tests.
  • Remaining work:
    • Unit tests for DWARF-CFI-to-Breakpad-STACK-CFI adapter. This is a small component; tests should be done today.

    • Various cleanups. No big stuff: Google C++ Style guide compliance points, etc.
    • Getting Google to review the patches. (Some of them are big.)


Tree Management

Will evaluate results after a week or two.

  • Started move of n810s to faraday cage. bug 538523


Roundtable

  • a brief word on blocking flags (beltzner)

  • alpha builds could be delayed due to 3.0.18 / 3.5.8 / 3.6.2 releases
  • Firebug point release next week
    • Firefox bug uploading with XHR with Firebug net panel and spy active, bug 542120
  • See the dev.planning thread about post 3.6 CrashKill efforts. Don’t be surprised if I (damons) tap you on the shoulder to chase down a crash. We’ll be pushing fixes to crashes out as fast as we can.

26-January-2010

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-25

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2010-01-25

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Video for today’s meeting


Friends of the Tree

Tomcat wrote in, “I want to nominate bc (bob clary) for all his help in getting reproducible crashes/crashkill!”

Ryan Doherty nominates Shae Rivard for his help supporting Personas before, during and after the 3.6 launch. Also nominating Donna Macomber, Toby Elliott and ‘VanillaOrchids’ for their help reviewing thousands of personas during and after the 3.6 launch.


Upcoming Events

Put upcoming events here, with dates if possible. Are there any brown bags scheduled for this week? Software releases scheduled for this month?

Previously on “Mozilla”…

  • Firefox 3.6 Released! (Thursday, Jan 21)

    • smoothest release to date, everyone was ready to roll

    • live broadcast on Air Mozilla was seen by more than 200 people
    • over 12M downloads since release, over 5% of Firefox users on this version
    • extremely positive press reaction to all key features

Monday, January 25

  • Mozilla Messaging all-hands in Mountain View Monday – Wednesday this week

Tuesday, January 26

  • Brown bag at 12:00pm PST about real estate
  • Mozilla Labs night, starting 6pm

    • Seedcamp presentations (European startups, Seedcamp is equivalent of Y! Combinator)

    • Jay to talk about Mobile Strategy
    • Labs/AMO lightning talk updates
    • There will be food, but only if you RSVP on the Meetup page

Wednesday, January 27

  • Privacy Forum (10am – 3pm PST)

    • In conjunction with the upcoming FTC privacy roundtable in Berkeley, will be discussing Mozilla’s views on privacy including engineering, organizational, and legal perspectives (and how those are intertwined here at Moz). Will spend significant time on working groups generating variables and settings within those for use in privacy policies across the web. The outside invitees are largely lawyers, but the point is to have a cross-lawyer-engineer-everyone discussion and working groups. Please come and have your opinion heard and incorporated into the deliverable. Questions? Ask Julie or Aza.

Thursday, January 28

  • Contribute group meeting at 11 pacific

    • A forum for anyone from across the community to talk about how to find people interested in their projects and how to help those people become contributors.
  • Brown Bag at 12:30pm PST

    • Murali Nandigama and the QA team are presenting their research findings on the risk associated with code changes (as a result of bug fixes in the year 2009) in Mozilla Firefox.

Friday, January 29

Coming up on “Mozilla”…


Lightning Talks

Starting this week, we’ll have a timer showing each speaker how long they have left to speak. The limit will be 3 minutes per speaker.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Fast JavaScript, All the Time

David Anderson

JägerMonkey Concept and Roadmap

Keynote presentation

JaegerMonkey @ wiki
Personas launch stats

Ryan Doherty

Some fun stats about Personas during and after the launch of Firefox 3.6

coming soon

What’s Your Style campaign

Mary Colvig, Sarah Doherty

Slideshow from the “What’s your Style” Personas campaign

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1290167@N25/

SFx page & Flickr group
Quality Assurance of 3.6

Tony Chung

A short recap of the testing process around 3.6

coming soon

3.6 Test Strategy
What’s Next for Firefox?

Mike Beltzner

Product Roadmappery

Presentation (HTML)

some context


Status Updates By Team


Firefox

  • Dietrich took some time to refactor the index of active front end projects so that it matches up against to our team goals list. If you’re looking to get involved with high priority Firefox front end projects, that’s a great place to see what’s top-of-mind!

  • Feedback from Firefox 3.6 indicates that we’re getting great perceived performance wins by focusing on optimization of I/O operations, specifically batching and taking them off the main thread. This work will continue.
  • Will be scheduling a Firefox 3.6 Post Mortem later this week focusing on the development and release cycles
  • Android Update (vlad)


Gecko

  • Triage for the next Gecko release has begun. Please see the dev.planning thread for details on what is next. A quick summary:

    • Component leads should begin marking bugs as blocking alpha (and beta and final if possible).

    • Quoting from the thread:
      • Please realize that an alpha release is expected to be at a quality level representing a stabilized trunk nightly:

      • We should block alphas on things that are obstacles to testing the changes we want tested or are major regressions that would prevent people from using the builds.
      • In most cases, we should not block on completing particular features or particular high-risk changes, which can always be in the next alpha instead.
      • We’re gathering a list of changes we want testing on, and what testing we want for those features, both for this alpha and for future alphas. See: https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Dbaron/1.9.3_Alpha


Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x

  • Schedule for Firefox 3.5.8 are:

    • Code freeze: January 19, 11:59pm (overdue)

    • QA starts: January 20 (overdue)
    • Builds start: February 1
    • QA with builds start: February 1
    • Beta period starts: February 4 – 5
    • Final release: February 16


Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x

  • Schedule for Firefox 3.0.18 are:

    • Code freeze: January 19, 11:59pm (overdue)

    • QA starts: January 20 (overdue)
    • Builds start: February 1
    • QA with builds start: February 1
    • Beta period starts: February 4 – 5
    • Final release: February 16


Thunderbird


SeaMonkey


Mobile


IT

Last Couple Weeks

  • Very Busy.

    • 19 node Hadoop cluster up @ San Jose

    • 100 Mac Minis up @ 650 Castro
    • RF Shielded room up @ 650 Castro (network)
  • Firefox 3.6

This Week

  • Phoenix! Status

    • Mountain View IT folk onsite, moving in this week

      • if you need something urgent, [1] is best.
    • AboveNet (IP transit) came through with a Jan 25 install
  • 2 additional ISC hosted download mirrors

Upcoming

  • Next Week 50 1u RelEng builders

  • Production services in Phoenix
    • download.mozilla.org

    • aus2.mozilla.org


Release Engineering

  • Firefox 3.6 release – first release to include unittest and talos coverage for the actual release bits

    • release automation for partner builds is now in place for 3.6 builds
  • Lorentz project branch bug 536188
  • New Talos recalibration started Friday.
    • transition will have two sets of results for talos; old/current machines and new machines

    • expected to last until end January
    • Details in bug 537065
  • turned off build+unittest jobs for good on trunk
  • setup repack-on-change builders for Maemo L10n and Fennec Desktop L10n


QA

Test Execution

  • We tested and shipped a little sumthin’ sumthin’ called Firefox 3.6!

  • Fennec RC3 is targeted for builds this week. Need help with testing Flash on the n900. See list for top pages.
  • Mozmill 1.4 has been released! See Henrik’s blog post for a list of changes. Currently still under AMO review, but can be downloaded here.

WebQA

QA Community

  • Had the Website Compatibility with Firefox 3.6 Testday. Recap can be found here

  • Next friday, Feb 5th, is scheduled for a AMO/SUMO testday
  • Mitchell will be Guest at the Open-Source-Meetup in Munich on Wednesday, when you are in the Munich Area, feel free to join us German Blog post


Security


Marketing/PR

PR

Events

  • Interaction10 (IxD10) February 4-7, 2010; Savannah, GA.  Labs is sponsoring this event.  JBoriss and Madhava will be attending/

  • Techkriti, GNUnify – February 2010; India.  Seth, Arun and Ragavan will be in India during February to participate in a number of university based events.
  • SXSW Interactive 2010  March 12-16, 2010; Austin, Texas.  We have a small sponsorship and are hosting a Mozilla party on Saturday, March 13th from 6-8pm at the Cedar Door.  We will have more details on our party soon.  Please continue to check our wiki page for information.
  • ROFLCon April 30 – May  1, 2010; Boston, MA.  We have a join sponsorship with the Mozilla Foundation and will be live streaming and archiving the event with HTML5 open video.

Creative Team

Community Marketing

  • 3.6 released and “What’s your style” was rolled out.

    • What’s your style?

      • Please participate by taking a picture with your favorite Personas and update it to our Flickr group.
    • Please help track coverage (blogs & articles) in your region with this survey
  • Community Marketing Call:
    • Notes from last week’s call.

    • Next call is Feb. 3rd — stay tuned for details on some changes that will hopefully improve the call!
      • Dial-in Info: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#

      • Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. If you’re outside the US, use Skype to call in with our toll-free number.
      • You can also watch the meeting live in Open Video at air mozilla
      • For those that can’t make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on IRC (irc.mozilla.org).
  • FOSDEM:


Support

No updates this week.


Metrics

  • Published analysis of impact of recent government warnings in Germany, France, and Australia. Cumulative incremental impact that is directly attributable to these warning is north of 500,000 IE users downloading Firefox. That’s huge!


Evangelism

  • Lots of outreach from Shaver, Blizzard and Roc on the codecs issue.

  • Pushing hard on Firebug 1.5 and Firefox 3.6 features.
  • Sheppy is cranking on WebGL stuff: http://www.bitstampede.com/2010/01/16/bringing-kick-ass-graphics-to-the-web-in-3d/
  • Newsletter this week: if you have topics, let us know: about 2600 people on the newsletter now. Going to be asking about feedback on 3.6 – if people have issues and will hopefully have data to share over the next week or so.


Labs


Developer Tools

  • Bespin Embedded 0.6 was released on January 15th. Still an alpha quality release, but quite a bit of progress made over last month’s 0.5.2 release.


Add-ons

  • New blog post on Contributions Sources

  • Welcome to Julie Choi, Add-ons Senior Product Marketing Manager!


Webdev


L10n


Introducing New Hires

Please welcome Julie Choi who is joining Add-Ons.


Foundation Updates

  • Welcome to Sara Yap starting today as grant and fundraising coordinator.

  • Webcast of Mozilla Foundation 2010 priorities and board slides up on Mark’s blog. Questions and feedback encouraged.
  • Watch out for the “Bugzilla Tips” blog, coming to planet.mozilla.org soon to make your Bugzilla-using life easier. If you have tips and tricks on how to use Bugzilla better, send them to Gerv.


Roundtable

20-January-2010

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-01-19

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> bienvenu

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.


Action Items


New


Open


Closed


Friends of the Tree

  • Bob Lord For triaging S/MIME and certificate bugs in the Thunderbird/Security component.


Thunderbird 3.1 (Lanikai)


Lanikai Alpha 1


Schedule

Not much in 3.1a1, because it hasn’t been driven much. I’ve posted a message proposing that, in the interest of getting in the habit of doing regular releases, we proceed with the following schedule anyway:

  • String/code freeze date: 2010-01-12 (Tuesday)

  • Branch Gecko, cut hackbranch, land async changes: 2010-01-13 (Wednesday)
  • l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: 2010-01-18 (Monday)
  • Build/relbranch date: 2010-01-19 (Tuesday)
  • Ship date: 2010-01-26 (Tuesday)

Are there reasons not to go forward with this?


Lists of Bugs


Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update


3.0.1

  • Builds started.

  • Beta Period Starts: January 13
  • Estimated Release Date: January 20
  • Fixed 3.0.1: 77 (+34)
    • 57 actual fixes, the remaining 19 were bugs that landed on the relbranch for 3.0 as well as for 3.0.1.

    • need verification: 36 (-4)


3.0.2


QA Updates

Last week

  • 3.0.1 following

  • bug triaging

This week

  • 3.1a1 will get our attention

  • Thursday event will focus on bugs that might have duplicates.

Top Crashers for 3.0.1

status

bug

summary

# crash /week
Unassigned – no progress

bug 537822

XPCWrappedNativeScope::TraceJS(JSTracer*, XPCJSRuntime*)

30
No signature bug

27
Unassigned – no progress

bug 536308

arena_dalloc | free | sqlite3_free | pcache1TruncateUnsafe

24
Unassigned – no progress

bug 537011

JS_CallTracer

22
Unassigned – no progress

bug 536960

sqlite3DbMallocRaw

21


Marketing Updates


IT update

  • Thunderbird 3.0.1 ready to release

  • Thunderbird 3.1a1 ready to build
  • Thunderbird3.1 builds are temporarly following the 3.1a1 release branch (mozilla-1.9.2)
  • New Win32 builders are in production
  • tinderboxpushlog updated
  • SuMoMo is getting ready for prime-time launch


Documentation

DONE

TODO

Review / Waiting

MDC https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird_3_for_users (instructions https://developer.mozilla.org/Project:en/External_Redirects)


Support

  1. Draft Support Workflow DocumentNEW this week – Updated Normal Workflow section with a tagging convention for duplicate Get Satisfaction Topics <– Again, feedback please! Edit the page, etc.

  2. The GS topics that were triaged at the January 18, 2010 meeting
  3. Issues to be reviewed at the next GS Triage meeting scheduled for January 5, 2010 – Please tag topics “review” if you think they need to be reviewed because they cause customer pain
  4. SUMO for MoMo aka SuMoMo – SuMoMo project plan – final round of “meta content”, config and sysadmin tasks expected to be done Thursday morning after 3.0.1, hoping to launch Thursday or next week
    1. GS workaround for SSL and satisfaction search widget doesn’t work when logged in so will ping GS but probably have to implement workaround which is to not serve up non SSL Satisfaction Search Widgets to IE 6,7 and 8 users, instead serve just a simple link

    2. content – done except Thunderbird 3 for Windows 7 users
  5. Key Support stats from the following graphic:
    1. approximately 70/ day (494/7 slightly lower than last week), # of visitors 58000 seems like GS has fixed their stats bug although seems high)

    2. total new topics:494 (down from last week) total replies:1308 from employees and champions: 137 back to normal! (NonMoMo:109 FROM Michael Pasek (thanks!), 53 from Chris Ramsden aka Xenos (thanks!),27 from Wayne (thanks!), 15 from DavRo (thanks and belated welcome!), 15 from Padyx (thanks and belated welcome!), 11 from matt_678579 (thanks and welcome!), 8 from tanstaafl, 6 from from Kent (Thanks!), MoMo: 37 by Bienvenu (thanks), 33 from Roland, 3 from Blake (thanks!), 24 from Ludo (thanks),14 from Mark Banner (thanks) (Ruby CodeNEW improved with automatic sort)
      1. date:20100112 #new support topics:83 resolved:14

      2. date:20100113 #new support topics:81 resolved:36
      3. date:20100114 #new support topics:73 resolved:16
      4. date:20100115 #new support topics:77 resolved:17
      5. date:20100116 #new support topics:64 resolved:10
      6. date:20100117 #new support topics:63 resolved:14
      7. date:20100118 #new support topics:85 resolved:33


Lightning Updates

  • Still waiting for Sunbird 1.0b1 l10n builds

  • Philipp mostly swamped with exams, will plan 1.0b2 soon
  • Lightning 1.0b1 seems to ve going well, not many complaints.


Roundtable

Ideas to make the meeting more productive :

  • Most people wanting to know dates should find it here and they don’t – maybe we could make the planet post from the meeting a bit prettier and easier to read than the half/geeky think that appears on planet.mozilla.org.

  • Most people don’t know that we have a weekly meeting. Maybe make the meeting more “visible” ?

Description of UCOSP by bwinton. UCOSP is 1-term undergraduate project course
that’s run out of the University of Toronto, taking students from all
over Canada and the USA. bwinton is using the status whiteboard to mark bugs being worked on by students in this project. http://ucosp.wordpress.com/


Status Updates


sid0


davida


dmose
  • 3.1 driving

    • drove code to frozen

    • coordinated sync fix work, l10n, final code freeze work
  • 2010 planning work
  • Installed (mostly) mandatory patches-require-tests policy.


Standard8
  • Sid has been doing a bunch of work getting mozmill to work with 3.1

  • Windows and Mac are generally green – http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/ThunderbirdTest/
  • Need to look into Mozmill 1.3, and will roll out to production boxes once that’s sorted (perhaps before linux issues are sorted)


asuth


bienvenu
  • Reviews and driving

  • Helped out on Get Satisfaction issues
  • Windows installation was corrupted, still recovering from that.
  • Got 4GB offline store limit removal patch through review process


gozer


clarkbw


wsmwk


beckley


Penelope
  • New beta looks good. Little problems reported.
  • Integration of TB 3.0 source code seems to have solved most gloda issues and integration of it in to the Search Messages window is looking likely for our Eudora 8.0 release.


KaiRo
  • Updated SeaMonkey buildbots to mirror Firefox setup even more closely (bug 539780), hopefully being able to share this with Thunderbird.

  • Checked in patch for a CC* release bustage in buildbotcustom (bug 537913).
  • Switched CC* release automation to using ChatZilla from hg (bug 537461).


rkent

I’ve been heads down playing with the old Mozilla SOAP package, evaluating it for possible use with Exchange Server web services. I’ve got it compilable in a TB 3.0 build as a binary extension using frozen linkage, and just started writing unit tests to take it through its paces.


rebron

Done

  • Partner outreach.

  • 3.0.1rc web site work.
  • PR team plan/budget.

Next

  • 3.0.1 final web site work

  • 3.1 alpha relnotes, etc
  • Draft plan for Add-on contest.
  • sumomo article


Tsk
  • gave a try at doing support felt frustrated.

  • usual stuff


andreasn

Done:

Todo:

  • Personas in Thunderbird bug 538335

  • More Lanikai branding
  • Look into search box modes more bug 540257
  • More info bars

Misc: My mac died :(


bwinton

Done:

  • Lots of work on the HomeTab extension.

  • UCOSP Code Sprint!

Next:

  • Lots more work on the HomeTab extension.

  • Fly somewhere nice and warm.


roland


sgautherie
  • Fixed MailNews Core bugs:

    • bug 538751 Port | – Failed to build with –enable-dtrace for 64bit library| to comm-central


nth10sd
  • Clearing bugmail..


Fallen


jcranmer


BenB


Attendees

bienvenu dmose davida jenzed phillip standard8 ludo rebron

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Platform/2010-01-19

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.18 / Firefox 3.5.8

  • code freeze January 19th

  • there are 13 blockers remaining for 1.9.0.18
    • owners are: smaug, dbaron, ddahl, dholbert, Enn, honzab, igor, jimm, jst, mrbkap (x5), roc, surkov, wtc
  • there are 29 blockers remaining for 1.9.1.8
    • owners are: smaug, dbaron, ddahl, dholbert, dolske, Enn, gal (x2), honzab, igor, jimm, joe, jst, kaie, matsp, mrbkap (x8), rs, roc, surkov, wtc and 3 unassigned (XPConnect, 2xDOM)
  • release Feb 16th

Firefox 3.6

  • new RC available as of Sunday night, announced yesterday

  • reviewing blocker nominations daily
  • proposed release dates: Thursday, Jan 21 or Monday, Jan 25


Blocker Report

Firefox 3.6 RC Code Completion

All Blockers (includes website, release management, etc)
See more Firefox 3.6 related blocker queries, or learn about the new status and blocker flags


Browser / Front End

  • Lots of awesome work being done on future-looking firefox work, including:

    • Tab matches in awesomebar (nearly done!) bug 480350

    • New Extension Manager API work continuing, with parallel EM UI development as well.
    • Getting close to a UI for how to handle crashed plugins in a world with out of process plugins bug 538910
    • Rob Strong’s been looking at performance of various front end components, and has also started looking at a slate of improvements to the way we handle updates.
    • Marco landed the work in bug 520165 that moves history expiration off of the main thread, and in the process moved a bunch of C++ to JS and cleaned up a lot of the older Places code. This provides snappiness and shutdown performance benefits.
    • Progress on a new Places query API (bug 522572), and it’s integration with Jetpack.
    • Progress on Places queries in content pages (bug 529605).
    • Started moving session restore to mozStorage (bug 508740).


GFX Update

  • pixman merge landing

  • D2D is getting close to landing


Layout Update


Content Update

  • Spent some time on 1.9.0.x and 1.9.1.x backporting, mrbkap in particular.

  • Jonas found some fun UTF16<->UTF8 conversion bugs as part of his nsIAtom switch to UTF16.
  • Working on getting Bjarne’s async cache writes patch reviewed and landed.
  • Ben Newman has the CPOW patch in the bug up for review, tests included.


Platform-specific Support Update

  • [Josh] The plan for Java for Mac OS X on the 1.9.3 branch.

    • Apple should be releasing another Java update beta soon, which should have an updated NPAPI Java plugin (JavaPlugin2). We are hopeful that they’ll ship something good enough to replace JEP by March. We’ll be monitoring the situation closely.

    • So that we don’t depend on Apple, Steven will begin porting the JEP to NPAPI ASAP. This should take 4-6 weeks of dedicated work. We’ll abort the JEP port if/when we see a good enough Java plugin from Apple.


JS

  • SpiderMonkey dispatch work continues

  • Security bugs getting triaged, more work ahead this week.
  • ES5 work landing, slight breakage here and there
  • some GC improvements landing by avoiding unmapping memory


Startup Performance

Summary

Priorities

Estimated win Bug # Summary Owner Status Notes
>10% bug 512584 Super fast paths for Components.classes and Components.interfaces Taras Glek in progress Taras is traveling, says he’ll close it out when he returns.
~8% bug 525013 Investigate a more static build configuration of Firefox Joel Reymont in progress Lots of progress! Joel has a patch for Mac and Linux working on the tryserver, and numbers to confirm a partial static build gets ~8% improvement on Mac, with no compat problems. Zach added a bunch of number crunching to validate Joel’s numbers. On the Windows front, Taras has a patch in progress now.
up to 25% bug 514083 Per-file HFS+ compression on Mac OSX 10.6 Joel Reymont in progress Conclusion is that we need to make this happen via the installer, as well as the updater, since modifying files results in decompression. Conversation on the bug has expanded into turning on JAR compression.
TBD bug 520309 Startup cache: replacement for fastload cache Ben Hsieh in progress Ben is looking into a perf regression that arose after some major changes.
TBD bug 503483 Turn on –enable-faststart for Firefox by default Dietrich needs testing No update, need to test still. Heated conversation on the bug.
TBD bug 513149 Speed up CSS parsing by using a machine generated lexer Zack Weinberg Zack’s blocked on other work No update.Taras says about 6% of startup spent parsing CSS.

More


Security


Electrolysis

  • Really close to on-by-default: three test failures remain

  • Broke OOPP users with this morning’s nightly, but we’re respinning nightlies
  • Coordination meetings continue Wednesday, 1PM PT


Breakpad

  • DWARF Call Frame Information (CFI), needed to enable -fomit-frame-pointer optimization and required for stack traces at all on ARM (mobile):

    • Linux DWARF support is complete, with full unit tests; Google has five patches awaiting review.

    • Minidump processor side support for CFI is complete and implemented for x86, with full unit tests. Not done for ARM, but that should be quick.
    • Symbol dumping work (final step) in progress, ETA this week or next.


Tree Management


Roundtable

19-January-2010

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2010-01-18

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Video for today’s meeting

(no video, as no meeting happened)


Friends of the Tree


Upcoming Events

Put upcoming events here, with dates if possible. Are there any brown bags scheduled for this week? Software releases scheduled for this month?

Previously on “Mozilla”…

Monday, January 18

Tuesday, January 19

Wednesday, January 20

Thursday, January 21

Friday, January 22

Coming up on “Mozilla”…


Lightning Talks

(no meeting, no lightning talks this week)


Status Updates By Team


Firefox


Gecko


Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Firefox 3.5.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x


Thunderbird


SeaMonkey


Mobile


IT


Release Engineering


QA


Security


Marketing/PR


Support


Metrics


Evangelism


Labs


Developer Tools


Add-ons


Webdev


L10n


Foundation Updates


Roundtable

13-January-2010

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-12

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2010-01-12

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty


Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: “We don’t have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time.” – We can only wait right now.

    • KaiRo emailed Google twice weeks ago, no reply yet, even though the MoCo geolocation contact has poked the Google contact as well.

    • KaiRo will try again to get this process restarted.

CLOSED


SeaMonkey 2.0 Feedback

Only unresolved items are tracked here – and we should find a way to deal with it for every item talked about in this section!

  • The new Password and Form Managers seem to be hard for people to grasp. There is an existing documentation bug, bug 463903 for form autocomplete.

  • Need for a form history editor to edit/delete incorrect entries. We can make use of an existing bug (bug 480734) to track a native Forms editor.
  • Need some sort of FAQ on the SeaMonkey site to cover issues such as a simple pointer to double-click / down arrow in form fields.
  • Cut&paste problem in connection with McAfee Site Advisor (bug 525601) is being worked on – we seem to have something on our side and they apparently also fixed something in an update.
  • bug 539194 Possible bug: MailNews reported as high CPU being caused by having news downloaded without bounds, i.e. no purging. This could explain some people reporting 2.0 is slow as well due to large email or news folders causing blocked main threads when getting messages. Allegedly bug 311774 introduced the slowness.


SeaMonkey 2.0.2

Shipped with only the Mail Compose (OE Contacts) freeze fix/workaround on top of 2.0.1 and very small Gecko updates (1.9.1.7) – the next normal update from 1.9.1 has been renamed to 2.0.3.

  • Generally positive feedback on mozillazine.

  • Users are impressed at the smooth problem free update.
  • The perception is that several minor updates got fixed. People are now more confident with the 2.0x series.
  • Noticeable progress has made people happier. Their particular problems might not have been fixed in this point release but they are now willing to wait instead of reverting to 1.1.x.


SeaMonkey 2.0.3

open blockers (2)
blocker requests (2)
fixed (30)

  • Planned release for 16 February and will be based on Gecko 1.9.1.7. The regular update based on 1.9.1.8 has been pushed back slightly by KaiRo.


Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 49 new, 17 fixed, 30 triaged (61/18/44 for the weeks before).

  • Reporting continued unbroken over holidays, fixing/triaging dropped as expected.

  • We should still do more triaging, esp. starting to look at trashing 1.x-only bugs as well (and see if any still happen on 2.x).

Major wanted/needed features:


2.0.x

  • bug 423281 Help updates.

    • No progress.
  • bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn’t pay a price for having venkman installed.
    • Needs at least a core patch landing for 1.9.1.8 bug 364864 nsICategoryManager::deleteCategoryEntry does not persist outside of component registration.

    • No progress. Mnyromyr will try to get this moving.
  • bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service. New patch needed.
    • mcsmurf will look into updating the patch.


2.1

  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie]

    • Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.
  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
  • bug 449728 drag tabs between windows
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 498596 places bookmarks
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 480734 Satchel data editor (“Form Manager”)
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 1.9.1) Composer
    • Will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 is done.
  • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer
    • Will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 are done.
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set
    • status/progress?

    • A list of TODO icons is up in the bug
    • Still needs quite a bit of work.
    • bug 522023 is working on improving the browser globe in task icons, etc..
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
    • IanN is working on a revised patch.

We also should take a look at the other items on wanted-seamonkey2.1+

Can we plan for a rough alpha/beta schedule with a hoped for release date of 2.1 in let’s say, July?

  • When we can actually go for a release heavily depends on Gecko roadmap/planning, but it’s not yet clear if Firefox/Roadmap or Talk:Firefox/Roadmap or a mix of both will be what they end up doing.

  • We should go for smaller releases to ease upgrade paths for users. If we need to push back one or the other feature to the next smaller release, so be it, but we should stay closer to the Geckos Firefox is shipping as current.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


ajschult


Aqualon


asrail


biesi


Callek

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 512496 Remove last Makefile.win file from comm-central.

Working on:

  • bug 537571 client.py should error out early if wrong python version.

  • bug 538528 Allow client.py network attempts to restart itself in case of failures.


IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Fixed:
    • bug 510920 Sync to breakpad revision 350 for breakpad fix 248, 10.5+ SDK compat
  • Waiting approval for 1.9.1.x/1.9.2.x:
    • bug 525373 Make customizable toolbars play nicely with children with disabled attributes (toolkit)
  • Waiting for mailnews review:
    • bug 439134 “Customize toolbars” window a bit too small on linux – cuts off the “Restore defaults” button.
  • Working on patch following review:
    • bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
  • Working on:
    • bug 515967 Add icons to addressbook menulist in Search Addresses.

    • bug 519133 Newsgroup list in Message Filters Dialog has blank entry and extra separator.
    • bug 529647 Make Search and Go buttons widgets for Browser customizable toolbars – waiting for review but new patch needed.


InvisibleSmiley

  • Bugs Fixed

    • bug 534330 Order of status/task/component bar icons for suite components is different in the MailNews standalone message window

    • bug 533125 Implement browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab functionality on Seamonkey to avoid closing browser with last tab


KaiRo

  • Released 2.0.1 on December 15, shipping a good number of fixes to users

  • Also released 2.0.2 yesterday, with a very small set of fixes over 2.0.1, most importantly the fix/workaround for the mail compose freeze in connection with OE Contacts
  • Checked in buildbot infrastructure fixes so it works well again for us
  • Froze extension versions on branch (using a named branch on their Mercurial repos)
  • Some work with statistics from Mozilla metrics
  • Celebrated 10 year anniversaries of me contributing and releasing German suites
  • Requested build machines for a third SeaMonkey tree (for 2.1) as well as signing infrastructure
  • Prepared “SeaMonkey 2.0″ wordmark pictures for AMO compatibility center
  • Created and checked in a patch for not shipping dictionaries in language packs due to license issues
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.


mcsmurf

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 529741 Port |bug 407875 Unprivileged users are not notified of security updates| to SeaMonkey, re-enable ‘Check for Updates’.

Working on various bugs like:

  • bug 444913 Port |bug 413781 XBLify folder-selection menus| to SeaMonkey.

  • bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service.
  • bug 507896 Upgrading Seamonkey changes file type icon for HTML files to mail (REOPENED)
  • bug 537525 Profile importer should not treat error as fatal when reading from Windows registry.


Misak


Mnyromyr


MReimer


Neil

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 264001 title=”” attribute is ignored (parent title will be inherited).

  • bug 501095 Clean up appPicker’s use of XUL (Spacing fix).
  • bug 525047 ‘make clean’ deletes automationutils.py.
  • bug 532617 -moz-background-size does not serialise if all standard background properties are present and all other non-standard background properties have their default value.
  • bug 533355 nsPrefBranch tries and fails to clean up some stale weak references.
  • bug 533956 SearchInputChanged is not defined.
  • bug 535528 Mail Compose – address autocomplete causes application freeze (OE Contacts / Windows Address Book related).
  • bug 538476 Allow ToInteger to take an nsresult* parameter.

Working on:

  • bug 450781 “No rule to make target …/xpcom.lib” compiling <nsAutoComplete.cpp> with |–enable-libxul|.

  • bug 525601 Copy and cut (clipboard) functions do not work in SM 2.0 .
  • bug 530735 Consider to use same undo close tab mechanism as in Firefox.
  • bug 533332 [regression] “make -C mailnews xpcshell-tests” doesn’t run composer tests.
  • bug 536739 nsMsgPrompt should use FormatString instead of hand-rolling string insertion.
  • bug 537015 Restore the spinner that was removed in* bug 481359.


Ratty

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 537098 |this.mInputElt is null| triggered by FireFTP extension.

  • bug 537275 Add some element IDs to navigator to assist porting of Firefox extensions.
  • bug 537377 Port several bugfixes from toolkit viewSource.js.

Working on:

  • bug 512732 Need a chrome://branding/content/icon48.png since mozapps css refers to this.

  • bug 534221 Implement close (x) button on every tab (browser.tabs.closeButtons).
  • bug 537448 Port bug 227305 (Support drag-drop single message to desktop / file-system window).
  • bug 538164 Sync the Applications Prefpane with the latest from mozilla-central.

Other:


sgautherie

  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:

    • bug 523820 Remove old MOZILLA_1_9_1_BRANCH ifdefs from comm-central code

    • bug 534565 Port |Bug 499417 – Refactor login manager’s crypto code| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 534710 Software Update misses libmozsqlite3.so – Restart fails – Program dead
    • bug 534726 Fix “Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/components/jar50.dll (packages, 32)”, on nightlies
    • bug 534917 Port |Bug 485764 – Implement Windows System Proxy Settings Service| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 535320 Package extensions components.list too
    • bug 536940 Port |Bug 468053 – gBrowser.addTab not treat null/undefined Uri as blank tab leading to extra work at least when restoring session| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 537898 Port |Bug 473156 – FUEL: fuelIEvents.removeListener removes all listeners for an event| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 496225 Replace MOZ_DISABLE_VISTA_SDK_REQUIREMENTS in comm-central
    • bug 521624 Port |Bug 517355 – Restore OJI, Liveconnect and the JEP on the 1.9.2 branch on OS X| to comm-central (apps)
    • bug 535231 Port |Bug 513783 – Land js-ctypes on trunk and 1.9.2| to SeaMonkey
  • Fixed (MailNews) Core/… (but SM related) bugs:
    • bug 524682 comm-central should pull Chatzilla from hg rather than CVS

    • bug 535907 [SeaMonkey 2.1 !?] mochitest-browser-chrome: browser_bug295977_autoscroll_overflow.js can cause browser_bug471962.js to fail
  • See also
  • And working on other areas… like
    • infrastructure to run tests

    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
    • doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, filing bugs as needed; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).


Standard8


stefanh

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 460694 Make use of emptytext attribute in search textboxes

  • bug 521699 When SM is running, double clicking on saved web page opens home page.
  • bug 533097 [Mac] Don’t generate show popup menuitems in Tools menu.
  • bug 536903 [Mac] Need new css for clearListButton.
  • bug 537307 Update SeaMonkey’s copyright strings to 2010.
  • bug 537332 [Mac classic] Reply/Reply all buttons doesn’t look “pressed” when menu is open.

Working on:

  • bug 537343 Need new entities for proper Mac menu items localization in all the supported locales.


wladow


Any other business?

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-12

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-01-12

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Standard8

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.


Action Items


New


Open


Closed


Friends of the Tree


Thunderbird 3.1 (Lanikai)


Lanikai Alpha 1


Schedule

Not much in 3.1a1, because it hasn’t been driven much. I’ve posted a message proposing that, in the interest of getting in the habit of doing regular releases, we proceed with the following schedule anyway:

  • String/code freeze date: 2010-01-12 (Tuesday)

  • Branch Gecko, cut hackbranch, land async changes: 2010-01-13 (Wednesday)
  • l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: 2010-01-18 (Monday)
  • Build/relbranch date: 2010-01-19 (Tuesday)
  • Ship date: 2010-01-26 (Tuesday)

Are there reasons not to go forward with this?


Lists of Bugs


Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update


3.0.1

  • Builds started.

  • Beta Period Starts: January 13
  • Estimated Release Date: January 20
  • Fixed 3.0.1: 77 (+34)
    • 57 actual fixes, the remaining 19 were bugs that landed on the relbranch for 3.0 as well as for 3.0.1.

    • need verification: 40 (-3)


3.0.2


QA Updates

  • Started verifying 3.0.1 Fixed bugs.

    • more bugs to verify

    • some bugs are difficult to verify pre-release
  • smoke testing unsigned builds for 3.0.1 is green on Windows and Mac OS.

Coming up:

  • This week we’ll host a Triage event – new comers are always welcomed.

  • We’ll monitor feedback in bugzilla and gs on 3.0.1 during the beta stage.
  • and follow release activities
  • Next week focus will shift to 3.1a1
  • Once 3.0.1 is out The plan is to host a second upgrade from 2.x day – to find and fish out issues not fixed in 3.0.1

status

bug

summary

# crash /week
Needs verification pending 3.0.1

bug 505717

EscapeFromSpaceLine(nsIOutputStream*, char*, char const*)

1182
Wanted 1.9.1 – some progress

bug 519962

nsPrefBranch::freeObserverList() | nsPrefBranch::Observe(nsISupports*, char const*, unsigned short const*)

953
No signature bug

880
Assigned – Not testcase

bug 536960

sqlite3DbMallocRaw

834
Unassigned – no progress

bug 505016

_purecall | nsXPCWrappedJS::QueryInterface(nsID const&, void**)

777


Marketing Updates


IT update


Documentation

Done

  • sumomo: keyboard shortcuts bug 530123

  • sumomo: bug 521665 (tweak search KB article)
  • sumomo: new in TB 3 bug 530122
  • analysis of Sumomo as a platform; comparison to deki wiki (provided to Roland)
  • sumomo: autoconfig KB page
  • itemize gmail help pages that need to be updated for TB3 (sent to Rafael)

TODO / In Progress

  • sumomo: manually configuring accounts bug 530122

  • sumomo: sending and receiving bug 530122
  • sumomo: migration assistant bug 530135
  • MozillaZine material / cooperation


Support

  1. Draft Support Workflow DocumentUpdated with GS Triage section <– Again, feedback please! Edit the page, etc.

  2. The GS topics that were triaged at the January 11, 2010 meeting
  3. Issues to be reviewed at the next GS Triage meeting scheduled for January 18, 2010 – Please tag topics “review” if you think they need to be reviewed because they cause customer pain
  4. SUMO for MoMo aka SuMoMo – SuMoMo project plan
    1. theming live on stage.support.mozillamessaging.com

    2. since SuMoMo uses SSL, waiting for GS to give us GS search widget code that we can put on the sidebar that works with SSL, expected a fix before Christmas (not rocket science since since all the GS widgets except the Satisfaction Search widget that we are using allow SSL, followed up with GS developer January 4) – still no update – expected tonight 12jan2010, hopefully won’t have to implement workaround which is to not serve up non SSL Satisfaction Search Widgets to IE 6,7 and 8 users, instead serve just a simple link
    3. content – hoping to get some more of JenZed’s time and other contributors to finish this week:
      1. Priority 1 – if edits and drafts from JenZed are done and contributor start and finishes Thunderbird 3 for Windows 7 users, then we will be done this week!

      2. Priority 2 – if edits and drafts from JenZed are done and contributor starts and finishes Moving from Thunderbird 2 to 3 – 530133, then we will be done this week!
  5. Key Support stats from the following graphic:
    1. approximately 85/ day (601/7 back to normal Thunderbird 3.0 levels after the holidays), # of visitors 333,000 seems a like a bug since it’s an order of magnitude higher than 30000, will followup with GS)

    2. total new topics:601 total replies:1423 from employees and champions: 213 back to normal! (NonMoMo:104 from Chris Ramsden aka Xenos (thanks! and belated Welcome!), 47 FROM Michael Pasek (thanks and belated welcome!), 1 from Kent (Thanks!),31 from Wayne (thanks!) MoMo: 77 from Roland, 57 by Bienvenu (thanks), 9 from Andreas (thanks), 5 from Blake (thanks!), 2 from ClarkBW (thanks), 2 from Ludo (thanks), 9 from Mark Banner (thanks) (Ruby Code)
      1. date:20100105 #new support topics:92 resolved:27

      2. date:20100106 #new support topics:92 resolved:21
      3. date:20100107 #new support topics:78 resolved:22
      4. date:20100108 #new support topics:95 resolved:12
      5. date:20100109 #new support topics:56 resolved:19
      6. date:20100110 #new support topics:47 resolved:3
      7. date:20100111 #new support topics:74 resolved:14


Lightning Updates

  • lightning was uploaded to AMO

  • Google Provider will follow this evening
  • Sunbird still waiting for l10n
  • Release blog post alsi comming up


Roundtable


Status Updates


sid0


davida


dmose
  • Last week

    • Got back from vacation

    • Found and worked with support folks on email bug in GetSat messages
    • Started getting caught up
    • Got sick
    • Reviewed and landed 3.0.1 extension menu patch
    • Fixed 3.0.1 toolbar overflow bug
    • Drafted and floated automated testing announcement
    • 3.1a1 driving
  • This week
    • Goals work in Vancouver

    • 3.1a1 driving
    • Catch up on board minutes


Standard8
  • 3.0.1 driving, bug fixes, reviews and pushing to being release.

  • Updated checklists following comments from drivers.
  • Testing Infrastructure component now set up.
  • Fixed some l10n issues on trunk & Lanikai branch.


asuth


bienvenu
  • reviews & driving

  • Landed a bunch of fixes for 3.01
  • fix bug 534835, when fetching whole imap message, use the literal size as the message size in case the server gets the rfc822.size wrong consistently, to avoid refetching the same message over and over again.
  • try to recover data downloaded to local folders-1 account by 3.0 upgrade from 2.0, bug 538414.
  • Fixed bug 382298 Forwarded icon not shown up in IMAP account
  • Fixed bug 533865, doing quick search in saved search/smart folder clears cached results.
  • Fixed imap unread counts with condstore servers, bug 517461
  • Fixed bug 534382, tb 2 profiles with multiple local folder accounts get one of them turned into smart mailboxes, which messes up pop3 download, remove code that cause problem, and fix deferral to point back to local folders.
  • Don’t do quick searches or views online unless we have to, bug 537820


gozer

Back from offline vacation

  • Catching up on e-mail

  • Thunderbird 3.0.1 build


clarkbw
  • catching up on ui-reviews

  • netbook designs


wsmwk
  • shepherding #1 crash bug 519962 – startup crash [@ nsPrefBranch::Observe … – which is making progress, but far from being fixed.

  • shepherding IME crash bug 537828 – crash [@ nsAString_internal::Assign … – which seems close to being fixed thanks largely to masayuk and fehe
  • continued focus on hang, perf and crashes in bugs, gsfn and fora
  • worked part of the verify list for 3.0.1 fixed


beckley


Penelope
  • Eudora 8b8 released

  • Next beta will try to get gloda integration with Search Messages window


KaiRo

Done:

  • Built and released SeaMonkey 2.0.2 (Gecko 1.9.1.7 and only a fix for a mail compose freeze on top of SM 2.0.1)

  • Created a patch for a CC* release bustage in buildbotcustom (bug 537913)
  • Fixed bug 537481 (not including dictionaries in SeaMonkey langpacks)
  • Started using Mozilla Status Board to give it a try

Next:

  • Figure out what the Gecko roadmap really is for 2010 and propose a SeaMonkey 2.1 roadmap

  • Figure out SQL for getting Mozilla graphs server to accept our data (bug 492406)
  • Move release automation to chatzilla-from-hg (bug 537461)
  • Get in touch with kaze again to talk about KompoZer cooperation once more


rkent


rebron

Done:

Next:

  • Tb 3.0.1 pages, finish up. bug 538973
    * Snippet localization
    * Add-on contest spec out.
    * sumomo article bug 530116


Tsk

Done :

  • reading bugmail

  • bug triage day
  • 3.0.1 testing
  • started collected software vendors to contact for releases.

todo:

  • more 3.0.1 testing

  • 3.1a1 preparation.


andreasn

Done:

Next:

  • Personas in Thunderbird bug 538335

  • collapse the toolbar on an ugly manner on OS X bug 533342
  • simpler windows icons bug 539128
  • return receipt should be processed after the message has loaded bug 151244
  • hardcoded colors invisible with some gtk themes bug 469300


bwinton

Done:

Next:

  • Bug DavidA to review some ISPDB patches.

  • More work on the netbook and reply-mode-toggle addons.
  • Help the students dig into their bugs in the Code Sprint.


roland


sgautherie
  • Fixed MailNews Core bugs:

    • bug 536404 When composing an S/MIME encrypted email, no padlock is shown at bottom right of window

    • bug 537874 Port bug 528263 and bug 529441 to comm-central
    • bug 538745 Port |Bug 532645 – Upgrade libpng to version 1.4.0| to comm-central


nth10sd


Fallen


jcranmer


BenB


Attendees

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-12

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

Platform/2010-01-12

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.18 / Firefox 3.5.8

  • code freeze January 19th

  • there are 17 blockers remaining for 1.9.0.18
    • owners are: smaug, dbaron, ddahl, dholbert, Enn, honzab, igor, jimm, jst, mrbkap (x5), roc, surkov, wtc
  • there are 31 blockers remaining for 1.9.1.8
    • owners are: smaug, dbaron, ddahl, dholbert, dolske, Enn, gal (x2), honzab, igor, jimm, joe, jst, kaie, matsp, mrbkap (x8), rs, roc, surkov, wtc and 3 unassigned (XPConnect, 2xDOM)
  • release Feb 16th

SeaMonkey 2.0.2/2.0.3

  • 2.0.2 with Gecko 1.9.1.7 and a mail freeze fix released yesterday

  • 2.0.3 planned in sync with Firefox 3.5.8

Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate

  • available last Friday, announced yesterday

  • reviewing blocker nominations daily

Firefox Future Releases

  • discuss now or roundtable, your choice!


Blocker Report

Firefox 3.6 RC Code Completion

All Blockers (includes website, release management, etc)
See more Firefox 3.6 related blocker queries, or learn about the new status and blocker flags


Browser / Front End


GFX Update


Layout Update

  • No 1.9.2 issues

  • Windowed plugins inside CSS transforms are not being displayed, intentionally
  • Landed changes to move scrolling out of views (use nsIScrollableFrame for everything)
  • Landed some rework of font backends, ongoing work to split font backends into gfx*FontList, gfx*Shaper, gfx*Font (rendering)
  • Image layers taking shape, will be used by video. Next steps:
    • accelerated YUV conversion and scaling when using D3D and OpenGL layers (which we should enable for fullscreen video)

    • off-main-thread video rendering?
    • bc-cat texture streaming and YUV conversion for N900
    • integrating DSP decoder with swizzling for video on N900 with no CPU touch of the video data
  • Need to really focus on view manager integration/widget removal next/now, we’ll need it for Fennec+layers as well as Jetpack and other chrome-over-content features
  • Mozilla people at FOMS/LCA conferences this week and next


Content Update

  • peterv is making good progress on speeding up unwrapping in quickstubs.

  • Jason starting to spread out the workload on electrolysis networking work.
  • OOPP work moving forward towards enabling it by default.
  • Ben Newman has tests in the works for CPOWs.
  • Jonas is working on tests for our atom table in preparation for landing the UTF8 to UTF16 changes for the atom table.
  • Work on crashkill bugs ongoing.
  • HTML5 parser update (hsivonen).


Platform-specific Support Update


JS

  • ES5 changes landing

  • Interpreter rearchitecture underway
  • WebGL typed arrays landed


Startup Performance


Security

  • Cross-domain data theft using CSS (bug 524223): the “complicated heuristic” is implemented but not landed anywhere. Waiting for dbaron / drivers.


Electrolysis

  • Starting weekly meetings, 1PM (PT) Wednesdays

  • Hopefully will turn on OOPP by default tomorrow or Thursday
    • Need Talos downtime 14-Jan (morning or evening?)
  • Beta1 code-complete tentatively scheduled for next week, but we probably won’t quite hit that


Tree Management

  • Adding delay to continuous building of FF3.0. Details in bug 539105

  • Talos Rebasing (continued)
    • new hardware arrived, unboxed

    • xp image being installed
    • ubuntu changing to fedora32, fedora64
    • WinVista changing to Win7
  • Splitting up ‘everythingelse’. Read post in dev-tree-management if interested.
  • Downtime on Thursday (14th) bug 539135


Roundtable

  • XULRunner branch release plan: We release XR on 3 branches. How long do we keep releasing a branch?

  • Firebug at beta 9, have 3 smallish bugs to fix, hope to have beta / RC tomorrow (wednesday)
  • 2010 Releases
    • Firefox 3.7

    • “Lorentz”
    • Firefox 4.0
  • Blocklist bug 538302 before 3.6 release? (sicking)

12-January-2010

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2010-01-11

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2010-01-11

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Video for today’s meeting

meeting update 2009-01-11


Friends of the Tree

Aakash writes in, “Lonelybob and and kbrosnan continue to kick butt on our testdays and this past Friday’s Mobile Firefox 1.0 RC Testday was no exception. I want to thank both for their great contributions to the day and their continued work in our QA community.”


Upcoming Events

Put upcoming events here, with dates if possible. Are there any brown bags scheduled for this week? Software releases scheduled for this month?

Previously on “Mozilla”…

  • Mozilla Hacks relaunched last week on Wed. 1/6 with a new design for easier navigation and discovery. Check out cool demos for mobile and the latest articles and tutorials for web developers as we get ready for Firefox 3.6!

  • Fennec RC2 was released last Friday for Maemo users.

Monday, January 11

Tuesday, January 12

Wednesday, January 13

  • Foundations of Open Media Software January 13 – 15, 2010; Wellington, New Zealand.  Perfect venue to promote open video.  We are currently sponsoring this – Matthew Gregan, Chris Double and Chris Pearce will be attending and representing Mozilla.

Thursday, January 14

Friday, January 15

Coming up on “Mozilla”…

Privacy Forum at Mozilla on January 27th from 10am-3pm

  • More details to follow. A joint effort by MoFo, Labs, and Legal and an outside privacy expert/academic. Day will include panel discussions, lunch, and then working groups to generate deliverables on Mozilla’s approach to privacy. Most invitees are lawyers but we would like to have lots of engineering and other non-lawyer input.


Lightning Talks

This is a new thing we’re trying this week. Please put your regular routine weekly status updates in the section below. This new “Lightning Talks” section is for things you want to talk about in person.

Aim to make it about 2 minutes long; you can show a slide or two or maybe a quick demo of something. Lightning talks should focus on one of:

  1. An interesting fact that you think other people don’t know, but should.

  2. Something that you’re looking for feedback on – for instance, a new interface design.
  3. A call to action: Something you’re working on that you need other people’s help with – for instance, testing a release candidate, or helping spread a viral marketing campaign.

If you have some screenshots or something that you need to show, please link to them here, so that you can give your lightning talk from the moderator’s laptop and we don’t have to keep switching computers.

If you’re not in Mountain View, you can still give a lightning talk! We can listen to your lovely voice on the loudspeakers while the moderator puts your images up on the screen.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
CrashKill

Chris Hofmann, Ken Kovash

How are we doing on killing Firefox crash bugs?

(media goes here)

Metrics post, CrashKill meetings Summary of lightening talk
Weave and Fennec

Ragavan Srinivasan and Stuart Parmenter

About the release candidates of Weave and Fennec, why they go together like peanut butter and jelly, and how you can help test them

(media goes here)

(links go here)
Innovation Services

Jono X

What is Innovation Services and how can it help your project?

(media goes here)

(links go here)
Support.mozilla.org

Cheng Wang

Why is SUMO important to the Mozilla community and how can you help the effort?

[1]

(links go here)
Hacker Dojo Job Fair – January 16th, 2010 from 10am – 1pm

Bret Reckard

Reverse Career Fair on Saturday, Moz Developers Welcome and encouraged.

(media goes here)

http://wiki.hackerdojo.com/Hacker-Dojo-Job-Fair


Status Updates By Team


Firefox

  • if you want to get a preview of the new Firefox theme, a contributor named “SpewBoy” has put together a theme called Strata40 which is available for Windows.

  • many people have misinterpreted a recent blog post by Mike Connor to be official policy; he has updated to clarify that this is not the case
    • the discussion is still very much in progress

    • the Jetpack project has and continues to be a great additive solution which make simple customization development even simpler, and Mike Connor was urging our existing Add-on community to participate so that we can make sure we’re building a robust and capable platform that can benefit new and existing add-on authors alike


Gecko

  • We’ve wrapped up most of the 1.9.2 blocker work.

  • Stay tuned next week for announcements on next efforts. We’re trying to pull together an alpha for 1.9.3 so watch for those discussions in dev-planning and the dev meetings over the next two weeks.


Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Firefox 3.5.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x

  • Released Firefox 3.0.17 and 3.5.7 on January 5.

  • Schedule for Firefox 3.0.18 and 3.5.8 has been adjusted. It is now:
    • Code freeze: January 19, 11:59pm

    • QA starts: January 20
    • Builds start: February 1
    • QA with builds start: February 1
    • Beta period starts: February 4 – 5
    • Final release: February 16


Thunderbird

  • 3.0.1 RC builds are up, to deal with a bunch of 2->3 upgrade issues in particular.


SeaMonkey


Mobile


IT

Last Week

Ouch

  • Suffered another heat-related near catastrophe at CoreSite, our San Jose data center

    • Affected a couple internal systems & RelEng infrastructure

    • Should not have affected other production systems

This Week

  • Very Busy. By the end of the week:

    • 19 node Hadoop cluster up @ San Jose

    • 100 Mac Minis up @ 650 Castro
    • 2 additional ISC hosted download mirrors (4TB, can hold the whole everything)
    • RF Shielded room up @ 650 Castro (network) (finger’s crossed)

Upcoming

  • In Two Weeks 50 1u RelEng builders

  • Phoenix! Status
    • Met on-site last Friday, starting to plan for move-in Jan 25.

    • Need to make sure everything’s arrived.
    • AboveNet (IP transit) is the longest lead item, pushing for a Jan 25 install


Release Engineering

  • Releases last week: Firefox 3.0.17, 3.5.7, and 3.6rc1; Fennec 1.0rc2.

    • 3.6RC1 was the first time we have ever run unittest and talos on a release build.
  • Lots of minis currently being imaged ahead of the upcoming Talos rebasing.
  • Firefox “Lorentz” branch being setup now. bug 536188


QA

Test Execution

  • Tested and Shipped Fx3.6 RC. Test results here

  • Tested and Shipped Fennec 1.0rc2. Test results here
  • Tested and Shipped Fx3.5.7 / Fx3.0.17 to world

Web Dev Testing

Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community

  • Held the Mobile Firefox 1.0 Maemo RC Testday. Recap can be found here

  • Added all Testdays for Q1 on QMO
  • Henrik presenting Mozmill at FOSDEM 2010

Test Development

  • Still trying to land bug 530475, continues to pass on try server and fail when checked into m-c. Trying to track down an OOP plugin crash and a layout mochitest failure on linux. If anyone would like to help out, please ping jmaher.

  • Other weekly notes are here.


Security

No updates this week.


Marketing/PR

PR

Websites

Community

  • Design Community Spotlight: Hamu

  • Five Years of Firefox & Creative Collective Challenge: Announcing winners today – stay tuned!
  • Community Marketing Call:
    • Notes & video from last week’s call.

    • Next call is Jan 20th at 10 a.m. PDT/18:00 UTC
    • Please send Mary (mary @ mozilla) or Sarah (sarah @ mozilla) agenda items.

Campus Reps

  • First newsletter of 2010 coming out this week!

Events

  • Foundations of Open Media Software January 13 – 15, 2010; Wellington, New Zealand.  Perfect venue to promote open video.  We are currently sponsoring this – Matthew Gregan, Chris Double and Chris Pearce will be attending and representing Mozilla.

  • Interaction10 (IxD10) February 4-7, 2010; Savannah, GA.  Labs looking into sponsoring this event. 
  • Techkriti, GNUnify – February 2010; India.  Seth and Arun will be in India during February to participate in a number of university based events.
  • SXSW Interactive 2010  March 12-16, 2010; Austin, Texas.  We have a small sponsorship and are hosting a Mozilla party on Saturday, March 13th from 6-8pm at the Cedar Door.  We will have more details on our party soon.  Please continue to check our wiki page for information.
  • ROFLCon April 30 – May  1, 2010; Boston, MA.  Looking into a joint sponsorship opportunity with the Mozilla Foundation to live stream the event with open video.


Support


Metrics


Evangelism


Labs


Developer Tools

  • None this week (keep an eye out next week :)


Add-ons

  • 76% compatibility with Firefox 3.6

  • AMO 5.5 launch tomorrow


Webdev


L10n


Foundation Updates

  • No updates this week.


Roundtable

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress