« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn’t hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
open blockers (0)
blocker requests (1)
- Based on Gecko 184.108.40.206, target dates TBD, see Releases.
- Release schedule will be synchronized with the next Firefox 3.5 release (3.5.12).
- The mailnews.messageid_browser.url has changed. The l10n newsgroup has been informed, and follow-up bugs filed.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 3
open blockers (1)
blocker requests (4)
- Has been FROZEN for two weeks now, build 2 is available from FTP, please help testing the Windows updates, so we can release it.
- Release notes, the announcement, and other documentation are still missing. Help wanted.
- if that all that falls into place, we could push it out today.
- Aqualon tested the autoupdate from 2.1a2 to 2.1a3 on a Windows 2008 server with a clean profile, and it worked without problems.
- InvisibleSmiley will make a SeaMonkey Trunk Tracker blog post later today.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
open blockers (2)
blocker requests (3)
- Will probably be only beta, targeted freeze for end of September. This roughly matches Gecko 2.0 RC1. After that, we’ll see where Gecko is and where we are and if it really looks good for the final stretch to 2.1.
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Has been updated by InvisibleSmiley. But we will need to add the platform changes for a3 as well.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b1 in October, and a final in November.
- This seems to match recently presented Firefox 4 plans relatively well – they’re in beta now, RC1 is planned for October and Final somewhere “soon” after.
- It would be good to get OOPP (Out Of Process Plugins) for SM2.1 (bug 545716) but we need some way to build libxul (bug 394502) to be able to build OOPP. LDAP work has to be done for that to be possible, the rest should at least build with libxul right now.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 72 new, 41 fixed, 21 triaged.
- Fix rate is quite good, triage rate rather low. New bugs are to a large part reported from our own team for tracking upcoming or future work and test failures.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch.
- The current consensus it to get some basic functionality going with OpenSearch first. And then later to see how much of the old functionality we can reimplement in follow-ups.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn’t have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 576970 Port Sync 1.4 UI to SeaMonkey trunk.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 – Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573391 Detect outdated plugins and notify users.
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- bug 569341 Data Manager [KaiRo]
- KaiRo updated the code for review comments, followed by yet another round of comments coming in. Welcome to the never-ending cycle of Neil’s comments. The add-on version up on AMO is 1.0.1 with a lot of fixes from the SeaMonkey work.
- bug 467867 [META] Implement Firefox TabBrowser API in Seamonkey [misak].
- Misak has ported major items. Follow up bugs and patches have either landed or are in process.
- In progress: bug 586340 Port bug 562649 set and correctly handle userTypedValue when loading external URIs. TODO: Port bug 570981 Remove URLBarSetURI’s aValid parameter.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf].
We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted
Also the nominations need triaging.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 2 will probably be Gecko 2.0-based.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 551733 Port |bug 412989 allow per-app override of crashreporter.ini| to SeaMonkey,now that it has session-restore too.
- bug 558518 Investigate and sync-up remaining diffs from rules.mk from c-c to m-c.
- bug 586187 Build failure in LayerManagerD3D9 due to –disable-ipc not also defining Unicode.
- Fixed :
- bug 507804 – nsMsgComposeSecure.cpp: 3 strings to localize. (checkin-needed)
- bug 555557 – Update license blocks to use “Mozilla Foundation” instead of “Mozilla Messaging” (c-c) (Fixed and either requires checkin-needed or sr?)
- bug 579470 – POP3 status message “checking %S for new messages” is incorrectly capitalized (checkin-needed)
- Working on :
- bug 535048 – nsILeakDetector leftovers in the tree
- Investigating :
- bug 562048 – notification bar needs to look slicker
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Bugs being worked on:
- Customize Composer toolbars.
- Now building on Win7 x64, VS2008/VC9 Express (was: WinXP x86, VS2005/VC8 Pro) and Linux
- Bugs fixed:
- bug 554901 mailnews.messageid_browser.url is no more valid for mid-searches. (pushed to comm-1.9.1 in time for SM 2.0.7/TB 3.0.7)
- bug 586050 Double separator in menu of Bookmarks button in the Personal Toolbar.
- bug 586056 Unsorted Bookmarks entry in menu of Bookmarks button in Personal Toolbar has no special icon.
- Waiting for TB review:
- Done driving and finally kicked off builds for SeaMonkey 2.1a3.
- Did a second round of builds for SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 3.
- Rebuilt updates for 2.1a3build2 after persistent failures on Linux.
- Did some fighting with time on build machines as NTP access is blocked (bug 585683).
- Upgraded Windows build slaves to buildbot 0.8 (bug 567035).
- Fixed update configs for files that don’t need forcing any more (bug 576760).
- Update the buildmaster to the most-current buildbotcustom code, which caused two breakages: log encoding (bug 589136, reverted) and test triggering (bug 589135, fixed).
- Landed fixes for two mozilla-central-caused compile problems (bug 586183, bug 586187, patches not by me).
- Fixed a ChatZilla-related Mac universal build bustage (bug 586190).
- Landed Neil’s fixes for building xpfe autocomplete with libxul (bug 450781).
- Fixed info reported to the AUS server on both 2.0 and 2.1 trees (bug 557583).
- Fixed bustage from else appreciated Windows installers fixes from mwu (bug 586848).
- Fixed c-c build system after jar reordering landed (bug 559961).
- Created a patch for issues found by package-compare (bug 589637).
- Filed a lot of bugs about oranges on SeaMonkey, to track getting them fixed.
- Created a packaging fix for one of the test failures (bug 589627).
- Re-enabled DOM inspector ID check (bug 573382 followup).
- Landed fix for tabbrowser array confusion (bug 585511).
- Added getBrowser() to mailnews (bug 588895).
- Worked on and attached a patch for site-specific zoom settings (bug 386363).
- Landed loading of favicon.icon into bookmarks/history (if pref set, bug 585515).
- Landed Modern theme fixes for places bookmarks UI (bug 584752).
- Worked on and landed patches for Neil’s post-landing places bookmarks reviews (bug 585601).
- Checked in some of the places review backports to Firefox (bug 570788).
- Ported fixes back to the Firefox places library (bug 588027), reviews pending.
- Fixed a duplicate key found by our ID checks (bug 589592).
- Discussed the add/edit bookmarks panel in the browser.
- Created a patch for a fast bookmarking button (bug 589601).
- Updated Data Manager patch for comments (bug 569341).
- Filed followups to Data Manager work.
- Brought German SeaMonkey L10n up to par with trunk work.
- Some talks about GSoC winding down, state and future of MailNews Sync.
- Continued planning on SeaMonkey Developer Meeting, personal visit to MV, and organizational future of SeaMonkey.
- Discussed SeaMonkey hardware costs and requests.
- Did GSoC final evaluation.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 584630 Find / FAYT is not focusing on correct tab, so returns no or invalid results.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list.
- bug 557120 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-plain-1: it seems test_bug457672.html “leaks the world”.
- bug 586219 Title bar is not updated when switching tabs.
- bug 533290 extApplication.js, _prefs object unexpectedly garbaged collected.
- bug 579862 Consider using SETLOCAL in start-*.bat.
- bug 579864 Make SDK compiler detection more reliable.
- bug 588070 Anonymous tooltips don’t work.
- bug 589534 Fix netError button for the Modern theme.
- bug 589570 Want a splitter that only exists to collapse, not to resize.
- bug 589910 Notifications don’t work in the sidebar.
- bug 529240 Make drop down menus for back and forward buttons middle/Ctrl-clickable.
- bug 586947 Places File Bookmark (Ctrl+D) needs improvement badly.
- bug 496225 Replace MOZ_DISABLE_VISTA_SDK_REQUIREMENTS in comm-central.
- bug 586055 Eliminate users of browsers.item.
- bug 586822 [Non-static SeaMonkey] “Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/libgfxpsshar.so (package-manifest, 54).”
- bug 586854 [Non-static SeaMonkey] “Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: SeaMonkeyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/components/libaccessibility.dylib (package-manifest, 63).”
- bug 579271 context menu background is transparent [Chatzilla].
- bug 585487 [Pinstripe] Make findbar-textbox slightly transparent in lwthemes.
- bug 582372 [Mac default] hover:active style rules applies on disabled linkToolbar items.
- bug 586026 New places ui lacks mac css and certain icons doesn’t blend in with existing.
- bug 586415 Some css rules in existing css files doesn’t apply anymore (bookmarks-ptf gone, structure have changed).
Any other business?
- SeaMonkey Developer Meeting: still waiting on Tristan signing off the budget, but if we go for 3-star hotels, pricing looks decent.