Meeting Notes

20-September-2010

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2010-09-20

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Video for today’s meeting

<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2010-09-20.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis””/></video>

Friends of the Tree

  • Al Billings – Al skipped his team’s offsite (which included a nice steak dinner) to help release Firefox 3.6.10 and 3.5.13. We wouldn’t have been able to release the updates as quickly without his selfless act.

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 20 September

Tuesday, 21 September

12:30 PM PST in 10-Forward (Mountain View): User Engagement brownbag: We’ll talk about our approach to connecting with our users and show you what’s in the works for email engagement, consumer education, and participation. We’ll broadcast over Air Mozilla public and record the talk as well.

Wednesday, 22 September

Join us at 10 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC for our bi-weekly marketing call hosted from lovely Paris. There are sure to be surprises in store. Agenda items here. Call hosted on the marketing channel Air Mozilla

Thursday, 23 September

Friday, 24 September

Next Week

Product Status Updates

Firefox 4

  • Released a quick turnaround beta 6 to clear up a few painful bugs in beta 5 – the release formerly known as beta 6 is now beta 7.

  • Overdue on beta 7 freeze, still driving beta7 blocker list down. Beta 7 is still feature freeze.
    • no new user interface features to be added after this beta

    • no new web platform features to be added after this beta
    • no new strings to be added after this beta without l10n approval
    • no platform API changes to be added after this beta without driver approval

Firefox 3.6

Firefox 3.6.10

  • Released on last Wednesday

  • Fixed the two 3.6.9 issues we were tracking
  • Big thank you to everyone involved, turn-around was quick!

Firefox 3.6.11

  • Code freeze is next Tuesday, 2010-09-28 @ 11:59 pm PST

  • Plan to ship on Thursday, 2010-10-14

Firefox 3.5

Firefox 3.5.13

  • Released on last Wednesday

  • Fixed the one 3.5.12 issue we were tracking

Firefox 3.5.14

  • Code freeze is next Tuesday, 2010-09-28 @ 11:59 pm PST

  • Plan to ship on Thursday, 2010-10-14

Mobile Firefox

  • Finishing up last remaining beta 1 blockers for Android and Maemo

  • Firefox Home 1.0.2 is now in the app store

Thunderbird

  • Shipped Thunderbird 3.1.4 stability update

  • Thunderbird trunk version number updated to 3.3a1pre in preparation for possibility of shipping Thunderbird 3.2 off of the 1.9.2 branch
  • Account provisioning work continues.
  • Trunk is notably snappier than it was, thanks to Jaegermonkey and it giving us the opportunity to turn JITting for chrome on again.

Older Branch Work

Drumbeat

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Mozilla at OWASP AppSecUSA

Michael Coates

Results from application security conference AppSecUSA

https://wiki.mozilla.org/OWASP_2010#Results

http://appsecusa.org

The new Firefox support forum

Kadir Topal

How to leverage the forum for your project

slide

Support Forum
Twitter Response Experiment

Mary Colvig + William Reynolds

Reasoning + results from responsiveness program on Twitter.

Slides

IT downtime

mrz

RelEng work week

joduinn

Camped out in Holodeck

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

  • Add-on experiments continuing

  • MuteThread expected to post this week

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

QA Org Highlights
  • Very successful QA workweek!

    • Performed bug days for all days of the week.

    • Performed FF4 test day for Panorama and addons mgr on Friday.
    • Mozmill automation prototype and demo. Fantastic effort.
  • Desktop Firefox
    • shipped Chemspill 1.9.1.13 and 1.9.2.10. Kudos to Al Billings for making this happen.

Automation & Tools

  • We’re looking for a few good testers to give us some feedback on the new profile manager application

    • Bugs and feedback in bugzilla, under the Product:Testing Component: profilemanager

    • Be sure to back up your profile directory before testing! (ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and all that…)
  • Automation & Tools talos and unittest staging system is up and running!
  • With some great help from Jhford, we are getting very close to having mozmill unit tests turned on as another test system on our core development trees.
  • Starting a discussion and a coordinated effort between development, metrics, release engineering, and automation and tools to combat the intermittent test failure problem (war on orange)
  • More information is always here.

Security

Engagement

PR

Creative Team

Participation

  • Community Marketing Call: Join us this Wednesday, Sept. 22nd at 10 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC for our bi-weekly marketing call hosted from lovely Paris. There are sure to be surprises in store.

    • Please put agenda items + questions here.

    • How to join:
      • Dial-in Info: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#

      • Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. If you’re outside the US, use Skype to call in with our toll-free number.
      • You can also watch the meeting live in Open Video at air mozilla
      • For those that can’t make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on IRC (irc.mozilla.org).
  • Help test our new Text Affiliates on SFx. Here’s how.

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

15-September-2010

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-15

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/15-Sep-2010

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

  • See timeline

    • Beta 1 code freeze: Sept 13 (slipped but we are close)

    • Design freeze: Sept 16
    • Beta 2 code freeze: Sept 23 (might depend on Beta 1 slip)

Major Topics for This Week

  • Crashes

    • bug 595868 20 second crash (garbage collection related? Android only? We have stack traces on Android.)

    • bug 596382 N900 content crash (shows content for a little while)
    • bug 596433 Illegal instruction on Android (has a fix, needs a little work)
    • bug 594563, bug 596482 Regular expression on Android

Front-end

  • Working on Beta 1 blockers

  • Also working on Beta 2 blockers
    • Login Manager patchs landed and we have some followup work for it

    • Tile Manager patch has been reviewed and should be OK to land when cedar lands on m-c. We have some followup bugs to file.
  • Features (see Planning page)
    • Sharing backend for Android and Maemo was pushed to Beta 2

    • Beta Feedback XPI landed
    • We have done some work on simplifying the downloads around downloading
    • Webapps for Maemo might land for Beta 1
    • RSS support is ready for another review
    • Android theme is underway
    • Need Madhava feedback on Master Password patch
    • Making a final decision on clipboard context menu
  • Working with Madhava on UX designs and loose ends
    • Design freeze is looming

UX design

  • Android theme work is ready for final review; see it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/madhava_work/sets/72157624962763028/

    • accompanying notes on their way
  • finishing flow explanations for

    • meego vkb

    • android and meego sharing (just to be perfectly clear!)
    • copy paste

The following set of bugs describes the changes to what’s in the nightly front end to get to what we want. In terms of screen layout, the android theme mockups (and bug) shows the changes required.

  • Add-ons Manager

    • bug 596594 – ability to browse more add-ons in add-ons manager

    • bug 594795 – Add a “What’s an Add-on” block to the Add-ons Manager
  • Sharing redesign
    • bug 596609 – share items from the awesomescreen

    • bug 596615 – autobookmark shared pages/links
    • bug 596632 – on n900, make sure that SMS and email are sharing options
  • Awesomescreen
    • bug 596612 – indicate “remote” pages in awesomescreen results

    • bug 596614 – focusing the URL field on the awesomescreen should not visibly change categories
    • bug 596626 – Use the vkb with “Go” button when on awesomescreen
    • bug 594918 – dismiss vkb as a user starts to pan the awesomelist
  • Titlebar
  • Find in page
    • bug 596619 – panning the page during findbar use shouldn’t dismiss the findbar

    • bug 596621 – findbar – need to indicate when no matches found
  • Undo Close Tab
    • bug 582583 – Expose a small, simple UI for ‘Undo Closed Tab’
  • Presf Pane
    • bug 596629 – Use vkb with “next” button when in prefs (sync)
  • Themeing

Maemo

Qt

Android

  • Custom dlopen bug 588607 2/3rds done

    • Can load libraries via our own dlopen

    • Need to add new interface to load from regions within a file
    • Compression may be difficult
  • Investigating using gold bug 596024
  • updater landed, aki testing on the server side
  • we crash on startup

Electrolysis

Layers

Some TODOs for b1.

General Platform

  • Valgrind on ARM making progress! Go Julian!

Geolocation Working Group

Video

Camera

  • Slipping the last of the platform pieces that aren’t NPOTB for firefox into the tree today. (565843 needs approval2.0)

  • Dealing with a fun bug that a previous patch exposed (Bug 594964)

Plugins

Performance

Networking

  • Patches done for nsIEncodedChannel support in e10s (needed to get gzip/gunzip right for some cases), need review+landing, which should hopefully happen today.

  • Working on Pause/Resume regression described in bug 596402
  • Working w/ Honza on crash/assert-botch described in bug 596059

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

Release Engineering

  • android update status — in progress.

    • patches look good but i’m uploading snippets to the wrong place — i need to upload them to the *previous* nightly’s buildid; same with release patches

    • hoping to fix/review/land nightly patches today.
  • android l10n — will need to investigate how omnijar will change things
  • android tests — launching tests, running into remote logging issues
    • bear to try using patches attached to bugs

      • android unit/talos tests testing with patch for bug 596132 to finalize steps
    • bug to order 10 tegras filed
  • tinderbox greenness — I suspect talos isn’t crashing due to e10s?
    • unit tests have been red/orange but hid them yesterday at Stuart’s request

QA

Manual

Automation

  • talos

    • bug 582997 – working patch for android and n900, r+ need to land. YAY tpan/tzoom party time!
  • android

    • lots of little fixes in the patch queue now, sounds like :bear has done a lot of work as we are finding some of these little bugs now:)
  • browser-chrome – need some attention, carryover from last week

Other

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-15

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2010-09-15

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 3.6.10 and Firefox 3.5.13

  • Firefox 3.6.10 and 3.5.13 are in QA, planned to go out today

  • Fixing bug 594699 (small as far as numbers/percentage, but because it is a startup crash it’s high impact) and bug 590978 (fix potential breakage with PP 1.6 and make sure we don’t strand users on old FF versions, 3.6.x only)

Firefox 4 Beta 6

  • shipped Sept 14th! (release notes)

  • Quick turn release to fix a small number of high-pain

bugs, shouldn’t impact schedule for what is now beta 7

Firefox 4 Beta 7

  • Still feature freeze

  • Still string freeze
  • 63 blockers left, which makes for schedule pain.
  • Really need help finding graphics bugs in particular

Input 1.8

We’re on dedicated hardware now thanks to justdave and oremj!

Jetpack SDK 0.8

  • froze Tuesday, September 14, 11:59pm PT 9 (last night)

  • [DONE] Window, Page Mods APIs, E10S-compatibility fixes for Page Mods, Page Worker; architectural and general API changes
  • [MISSED] additional APIs and E10S-compatibility fixes
  • we need at least one additional cycle for beta

Add-on Builder 1.0a5

  • release delayed by stubborn blocker (bug 594211); still working on it

  • earliest possible release date Friday, September 17
  • after 1.0a5, AMO team will take on additional FlightDeck development

Highlights / Notices

Notes or issues that don’t correspond to a particular release you’d like people to know about.

  • Latest beta Feedback (b5)

    • Positives:

      • Love the new tab functions–Panorama is hugely popular

      • Feels faster
      • Love the new UI and minimalistic design
      • Orkut UA issue fixed!
      • close/maximize/minimize button issue fixed!
    • Negatives:
    • Others
      • when to expect the new Linux theme?
    • Common Add-On Compatibility Requests
      • Firebug

      • 1Password
      • Roboform

Questions and Concerns

Please add any questions or concerns you would like discussed at today’s meeting.

Press & Public Reactions

14-September-2010

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-09-14

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.2 Thunderbird 3.1.4 Thunderbird 3.0.8
To Be Announced

  • QA with builds start: TBD

  • Beta period starts: N/A
  • Final release: TBD
  • QA with builds start: TBD

  • Beta period starts: N/A
  • Final release: TBD

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Agenda

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

  • Hiroyuki Ikezoe for all the good work on the mapi component

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • Prelim numbers for Funnel Cake 2 give us a 12.8% conversion rate up from 10.8% from Funnel Cake 1. Numbers look good/reasonable in comparison to last time. There are 35% more users in the sample due to the addition of Germany. Still gathering more data, will have a full two weeks of data starting tomorrow, can begin measuring retention rate.

  • 43.8% success rate w/ ISPDB. Top 11 misses: psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, cox.net, aon.at, one.com, interia.pl, netease.com, ntlworld.com, telia.com, shaw.ca, outlook.com.

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

  • Coding basically on hold until the APIs are delivered.

  • Discussion about the web service portion should occur this week.

Pluggable Stores

  • Working through unit tests – we pass up to the middle of the imap tests

Experiments

  • MuteThread screencast & written collateral ready; awaiting posting

3.2

  • Flags now set up

  • 3.2 Branch on hold until account provisioning schedule is clearer.
    • Will bump trunk to 3.3a1pre in the meantime to reflect bugzilla flags.

Trunk Development

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

Major updates to 3.1
  • Now over 55% of users on TB 3.1.x, gaining about 2.4M ADUs since we started offering major updates on 11th August.

  • Major updates for 3.0.x users have been paused as a result of the 3.0.7 release and also whilst we’re sorting out the issues in 3.0.7.

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

  • Press Update: About 50+ mentions for Thunderbird 3.1.3 update 1, of note – Yahoo Mail to introduce a new Minty interface to support iPad/Android interfaces 1.

  • ADUs: 6MM ADUs, 56% on Thunderbird 3.x, still around 100k downloads a day from 80k to 130k downloads a day this week.
  • Monitoring support issues through press.
  • Put together audit/site map for next version of web site to coordinate w/ MoMo upgrades. Working on schedule next.

IT update

  • Thunderbird 3.0.8 / 3.1.4 : Flawless builds

  • Buildbot 0.8
    • Linux & Mac slaves all upgraded

    • Win32 almost ready to roll
    • Upgrading the master is next
  • Firewall Issues

Documentation

Support

  1. 830 new support topics, back to normal levels after labour day!

  2. 3.1 Support Issues – issue of the week is startup crash seemingly caused by corrupted compreg.dat (not sure if this is a major problem since only 1000 crashes out of 1.7 million users), bug 594699, GS Company Update, GS Canonical Topic
  3. simplified SuMoMo home page with top problems only – draft page on trunk, will update production Tuesday night, SuMoMo Tasks Etherpad
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details –

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

GSOC Project Roundup

Daniel’s QuickLook Support and Ian’s Improved Attachment Handling:
http://weblog.latte.ca/blake/gsoc2010.html

Attendees

bwinton,bienvenu,dmose, standard8, clarkbw,roland,gozer,tsk

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2010-09-14

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.6.10 and 3.5.13

  • Quick-turnaround updates for 3.6.9 and 3.5.12

  • Bug 594699 (1.9.1 and 1.9.2) and bug 590978 (1.9.2 only)
  • Building in an hour
  • Plan to release asap, likely Thursday
  • Support is emailing users with the crash for Bug 594699, trying to get reproduction steps.

Firefox 3.6.11 and 3.5.14

  • Schedule has been on hold while dealing with the above

  • Still approving and marking bugs as blockers
  • Existing approvals / blockers will be marked correctly when bug 596293 is fixed

Firefox 4 Beta

  • inserting a beta 6 to fix two regressions from beta 5

  • this means that what you thought of as “beta 6″ is now “beta 7″
  • this means that beta 7 is the feature freeze milestone
  • this does not mean that we’re altering the schedule, still aiming for code freeze tomorrow

Blocker Report

Firefox 3.5.14

Firefox 3.6.11

Firefox 4 Beta

Firefox Development

(from our goals):

  • [NEW] Feature complete Firefox 4

    • [DONE] Switch to Tab

    • [DONE] App Tabs – Scope for 4.0 reduced (non-global), near feature complete.
    • [ON TRACK] Extension Manager – Bug list is converging, still a lot of work to do.
    • [ON TRACK] Notification UI – Geo and EM notifications done, http auth next.
    • [ON TRACK] New Theme – Windows and Mac good, Linux lagging.
    • [AT RISK] TabCandy
    • [AT RISK] Silent updates on Windows
    • [AT RISK] Web Console
    • [DROPPED] Inspector
    • [DROPPED] Account Manager – WIP patches posted, but we can’t contain the review load and code risk.
  • [AT RISK] Dirty profile startup within 20% of clean profile startup (modulo extensions, plugins; on windows)

    • Current status: Lots of data has been collected and analyzed, but no solid conclusions have shaken out.

    • Details page
    • Shawn has an updated blog post. Read it for more info.
    • Bugs on file that help:
      • Excessive cookie i/o bug bug 572223 (fixed)

      • Session Restore negatively impacts startup time based on the number of tabs loaded bug 582005
      • Suboptimal SQLite page size bug 416330 (fixed)
      • Provide a global VACUUM component bug 541373

Platform

(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)

  • [ON TRACK] Javascript performance near or even with Chrome 5 on their benchmarks (within 20% on SS, 30% on V8), with substantial wins on our benchmarks. (Windows, in-browser.)

  • [ON TRACK] Hardware acceleration of video and other HTML and SVG content, as well as user interface, on by default for compatible hardware on all Tier-1 desktop and mobile platforms.
  • [ON TRACK] Fully support the WebGL 1.0 spec, with support turned on by default in a Firefox 4 beta on platforms that support OpenGL or OpenGL ES.
  • [ON TRACK] security: zero reproducible high/crit > 30 days
  • [ON TRACK] Support multi-process Fennec.
  • [ON TRACK] Support Jetpacks running in separate processes and never blocking the Fennec UI.

GFX

  • OpenGL accelerated layers on Mac *very close* – one bug remaining. Should land today.

  • OpenGL accelerated layers on Linux much futher out. Will definitely miss beta 7.

Layout

  • All goals completed already — Fixing regressions/blockers

  • SVG images landed
  • Removed -moz prefix from box-shadow and border-radius properties
  • Async plugin painting making progress, should land soon for Linux, needs Windows/Mac love

Multi-Process

  • cjones update on remote layers and puppet-widgets: close to landing

Video

  • Landed ‘buffered’ support for WebM (Q3 goal)

Tree Management

  • IT downtime this weekend; 650castro offline means tree closure
  • Most of the new IX machines in production

  • New data center nearly ready for use

Roundtable

13-September-2010

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-13

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2010-09-13

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Video for today’s meeting

<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2010-09-13.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis””/></video>

Friends of the Tree

Upcoming Events

This Week

  • Mozilla QA is holding a work week through Friday. The schedule of events is located here. Welcome to Mt. View all the Mozilla QA remotees!

  • The Gecko Platform Team is holding a work week through Friday.
  • The Socorro (crash statistics) team is holding a work week.
  • Direct employees of the Mozilla Foundation are on site this week.

Monday, 13 September

Tuesday, 14 September

Wednesday, 15 September

  • Firefox 4 Beta 6 Code Freeze is scheduled

    • we will be discussing branch mechanics at the Tuesday meeting, but it is likely that this will also be the Gecko 2.0 branch point from mozilla-central

Thursday, 16 September

Friday, 17 September

Next Week

  • Mozilla IT has requested a long downtime on the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, in order to upgrade network infrastructure at the 650 Castro Office. This would require that mozilla-central be closed.

Product Status Updates

Firefox 4

  • beta 6 code freeze moved from last Friday to this Wednesday

  • JaegerMonkey landed on mozilla-central, is now part of nightly builds
  • beta 6 is still planned as Feature Freeze
    • no new user interface features to be added after this beta

    • no new web platform features to be added after this beta
    • no new strings to be added after this beta without l10n approval
    • no platform API changes to be added after this beta without driver approval

Firefox 3.6

Firefox 3.6.9 & 3.5.12

  • Investigating a possible startup crash regression in 3.6.9/3.5.12 (bug 594699)

  • Investigating personas plus issue (bug 590978) and possible fixes

Firefox 3.6.10 & 3.5.13

  • Schedule is in flux due to 3.6.9 investigations

  • We have been marking bugs as blockers and approving patches
    • Please get your blockers in early!

Mobile Firefox

Thunderbird

  • Account provisioning and pluggable storage feature work is ongoing.

  • Shipped Thunderbird 3.1.3
  • Halted 3.1.3 automatic updates due to startup crasher bug 594699
  • Analysis about how to move forward in-progress

Older Branch Work

Drumbeat

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Castro Downtime (Sept 18/19)

Ravi Pina

Upcoming downtime for Castro based Talos/builders

RelEng infrastructure load

joduinn

developers are busy! If using TryServer, please select what exact jobs you want using https://wiki.mozilla.org/Build:TryChooser – dont waste CPU cycles

http://oduinn.com/blog/2010/09/09/infrastructure-load-for-august-2010/

Mozilla & You Newsletter

Eve Murto

New Mainstream User Newsletter

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/about/newsletter/2010-09/

Interactive Firefox 4 Heatmap

Blake Cutler & Chris Jung

Visualizing Usage of the Firefox 4 Beta UI

heatmap.mozillalabs.com

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

  • Thunderbird add-on experiments ongoing

Mobile

IT

Last Couple Weeks

  • Amsterdam datacenter moved.

  • input.mozilla.com & Fx4 releases. This site gets significantly more traffic than we had projected. Working on moving it off shared infrastructure.

This Week

  • Castro Office Downtime – Saturday/Sunday

    • Will affect all Talos and builders in the Castro Street office

    • Upgrading office firewall & Aruba wireless controller
    • Outage will last ~6 hours
  • mozilla.org & DNSSEC
  • bugzilla.mozilla.org active/active between San Jose & Phoenix.

Release Engineering

QA

QA Org Highlights
  • Hiring

    • David Burns, accepted offer. Starts 10/25/2010.
  • Browser Technologies
    • Fennec 2.0 Beta 1 code freeze pushed out until 9/14. Continuing to test nightlies on supported devices

    • Jetpack 0.8 tested and shipped this week
    • Encountered a settings bug 594178 in the test pilot study (about:firefox) that broke the home button on beta 5.
      • A meeting is setup next week by chris jung to discuss QA/Dev testing and additional process needed
  • Desktop Firefox
    • Firefox 4 Beta 5 Shipped!

    • preparing for Firefox 3.6.9 and 3.5.12 final releases and release process

Automation & Tools

  • 13,000 Test results submitted for Grafx Bot since the beta 5 release

    • only 2 crashes, sifting through the results, will blog later this week
  • Profile manager is now ready for review, will be submitting for review
  • We’re throwing a war on orange coffee and doughnut discussion this week in honor of the platform work week. Friday at 10am.
  • More info here

Security

Engagement

PR

Events

Creative Team

Community Marketing

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

When the “Good News”ll be annouced ?

(And when “the true news” ‘ll be ?)

I know it’s not a forum, so, please let me knonw…

Fred.

Labs

Developer Tools

  • The Inspector tool, which has been appearing in Firefox 4 beta releases, has been moved to the next Firefox release in order to give it more time to bake.

  • The Web Console tool is looking good for the next Firefox beta.
  • The Bespin project is now known as Mozilla Skywriter and its repository has moved to GitHub. Follow our updates on Twitter: @MozSkywriter

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

8-September-2010

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-08

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/08-Sep-2010

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

  • See timeline

    • Beta 1 code freeze: Sept 13

      • ~ 1 week

Major Topics for This Week

Front-end

  • Working on Beta 1 blockers

    • Login Manager patch needs discussion, review and testing

    • Project to remove tile manager is well underway (can we land this on m-c / m-b soon?)
  • Features (see Planning page)
    • Sharing backend for Android and Maemo was spec’ed

    • Android updater FE work has started
    • Beta Feedback XPI is in patch
  • Working with Madhava on UX designs and loose ends

UX design

  • Working with Martell on the Android theme mockups

    • next round of feedback to sean, should start seeing results in the next days
  • working through the UX question list link to etherpad

Maemo

Qt

Android

  • still need to solidify our minimum requirements for 2.0

    • screen sizes

    • min CPU
    • how to communicate
  • big ticket items for beta 1
    • custom dlopen

    • updater

Electrolysis

Layers

Some TODOs for b1.

General Platform

Geolocation

  • Geolocation API specification has now been published as a Candidate Recommendation.

  • TPAC in Nov. to discuss version 2

Video

Camera

  • [[1]] with a list of which patches go in which repo (m-c or m-b).

Plugins

Performance

Networking

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

Release Engineering

  • downtime restrictions

  • maemo4 builds: patch to disable them on m-c and m-c based branches; waiting for downtime
  • make upload for fennec desktop; maemo later, complicated by multilocale
  • aki working on android updates, android l10n

QA

Manual

Automation

  • browser-chrome – need some attention, carryover from last week

  • [mochitest: green]

    • 100% blocked on bug 590121 unless we do browser.tabs.remote=false, traction on this, but still broken

    • bug 590248 and bug 587646 account for 60% of known mochitest failures on n900!, no progress on these two bugs?!

Other

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-08

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2010-09-08

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 3.6.9 and Firefox 3.5.12

  • shipped Sept 7th!

  • Watching for regressions, don’t see any yet

Firefox 3.6.10 and Firefox 3.5.13

  • Draft schedule will be out today

  • Tentative plan is to ship on October 12th

Firefox 4 Beta 5

  • shipped Sept 7th! (release notes)

  • there are several visible regressions in rendering, especially on OSX, due to the late landing of a broad-scoped bug

Firefox 4 Beta 6

  • feature freeze release

    • no new interactive features after this date

    • no new web platform features after this date
    • limited string changes after this date (require explicit approval)
    • limited API changes after this date (require explicit approval)
  • will be “branching” from point of code freeze
  • target code freeze date is Sept 10
  • not looking like we’ll hit it, though

Jetpack SDK 0.8

  • freezes Tuesday, September 14, 11:59pm PT (in about one week)

  • [DONE] Window, Page Mods APIs
  • [ON TRACK] E10S-compatibility fixes for Page Mods, Page Worker; rename (to Add-on SDK)
  • [AT RISK] everything else
  • our superstar Firefox hackers have been called away to work on Firefox 4 blockers, leaving us short-staffed
  • blessing as first beta-quality release (1.0b1) pretty iffy

Add-on Builder 1.0a5

  • blockers found, necessitating another push to staging yesterday (Tuesday, September 7)

  • another blocker since identified (bug 594211), currently looking into it
  • push to production on Friday, September 10 at earliest

Input 1.8

Test Pilot studies

  • updated the UI Heatmap based on new data – it’s crazy interesting!

Highlights / Notices

Notes or issues that don’t correspond to a particular release you’d like people to know about.

  • [beltzner] There is now a list of supported platforms for Firefox 4; still deciding about non-SSE2 CPUs

  • [beltzner] We will be starting to socialize a roadmap for Firefox that goes beyond Firefox 4 in the coming months
  • [beltzner] Working up an EOL plan for Firefox 3.5
  • Feedback
    • Haven’t had a chance to start collecting Beta 5 Feedback–will have a full report for next week.

Questions and Concerns

Please add any questions or concerns you would like discussed at today’s meeting.

  • [beltzner] need to get legal / engagement / mozilla.org input on a couple of wording changes in the About Window (see bug 579547 and bug 571584)

  • [ravi] IT would like to have a downtime this weekend
    • requires a 6 hour tree closure

    • beltzner will consult with other product leads to try and find a good window for this
  • [catlee] RelEng wants to reconfig to bring new build slaves into production
    • should be a quick 10 minute fix, no downtime required

    • slight chance of problems, any good time to do this?
    • beltzner suggested either early ET or 7pm PT
  • [clegnitto] Can we make forwarding from branch 2.0 to trunk (or the other way, whatever makes more sense) automatic? Would hate to miss fixes either way.

Press & Public Reactions

7-September-2010

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-07

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2010-09-07

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes -> IanN

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

CLOSED

K.I.V.

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn’t hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.

SeaMonkey 2.0.7

open blockers (0)
blocker requests (1)
fixed (16)

  • Based on Gecko 1.9.1.12, target date is TODAY, see Releases.

  • Release schedule will be synchronized with the next Firefox 3.5 release (3.5.12).
  • Candidate builds are up.

SeaMonkey 2.0.8

open blockers (0)
blocker requests (0)
fixed (4)

  • Based on Gecko 1.9.1.13 and in sync with Firefox 3.5.13, target date TBD, see Releases.

SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 3

targeted (1)
fixed (61)

  • Has been SHIPPED on August 24, ~2000 downloads so far, ~300 ADU.

SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1

open blockers (2)
blocker requests (5)
targeted (0)
fixed (31)

  • Will probably be only beta, targeted freeze for end of September. This roughly matches Gecko 2.0 RC1. After that, we’ll see where Gecko is and where we are and if it really looks good for the final stretch to 2.1.

(Further 2.1 scheduling:)

  • Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.

  • Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b1 in October, and a final in November.
  • This seems to match recently presented Firefox 4 plans relatively well – they’re in beta now, RC1 is planned for October and Final somewhere “soon” after.
  • It would be good to get OOPP (Out Of Process Plugins) for SM2.1 (bug 545716) but we need some way to build libxul (bug 394502) to be able to build OOPP. LDAP work has to be done for that to be possible, the rest should at least build with libxul right now.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 67 new, 31 fixed, 16 triaged.

  • Fix rate is going down, triage continues to be weak. Should do more there.

  • Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!

Major wanted/needed features:

2.1

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port.

  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze is currently job hunting so doesn’t have much time to spend on this.

    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.

    • The rest is unowned so far.
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 – Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 573391 Detect outdated plugins and notify users.
  • bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
Active
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]

    • mailnews is now little bit stalled – a straight port (of TB code) will be really easy, but working on a combined approach, trying to use as much sessionstore codebase as possible. Mailnews lacks persist functions which mnsstore should call – so testing on calendar tabs – need to add those calls
  • bug 569341 Data Manager [KaiRo]
    • KaiRo updated code again for review comments, should be very near to reaching Neil’s high sr requirements now. Let’s see what Ian brings up in review. The add-on version up on AMO is 1.0.1 with a lot of fixes from the SeaMonkey work.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch [KaiRo]
    • The current consensus it to get some basic functionality going with OpenSearch first. And then later to see how much of the old functionality we can reimplement in follow-ups.

    • Based on that, started work and have an WIP up that doesn’t look too bad right now. Might be able to get this fully working, actually.
  • bug 570004 Popup/”doorhanger” notifications [KaiRo]
    • Waiting for reviews

    • Also needed for add-on installation notifications (bug 581974), which are also awaiting reviews.
  • bug 467867 [META] Implement Firefox TabBrowser API in Seamonkey [misak]
    • tabbrowser API is almost ready with inclusion of some followups being working on
  • bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
    • bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf]

    • status/progress?
  • bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
    • Have it running locally now, including installer changes, only missing prefs/setup/etc. dialogs (those are next).

    • Will start creating patches, beginning with build system/installer.
    • Patch size so far: 160 KB (21 files modified, 21 new, 11 of which are images).
    • Will probably make Modern a follow-up.

We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted
Also the nominations need triaging.

  • We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.

    • Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 2 will probably be Gecko 2.0-based.

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

ajschult

Aqualon

  • some triaging of unconfirmed bugs
  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 592041 crash [@ openMailWindow ]

    • bug 479579 Make all header fields tabbable, not just “Subject” and “Date”
    • bug 587398 Alt+Home Keyboard Shortcut Broken; Key Event Modifier navigator.xul
  • Bugs reopened:

    • bug 589659 reuse empty tabs for loading content (needs further patches for fixing test errors)

asrail

biesi

Callek

  • Bugs fixed (comm-central):

    • bug 538419 remove nsAboutAbout.js from suite-specific code, reusing the toolkit version

    • bug 589507 Port bug 578563 |Make objdir builds the default in client.mk| to comm-central
    • bug 590825 SeaMonkey part of |bug 495115 – Implement Strict-Transport-Security| to prevent overrides on certError.xhtml
  • Bugs fixed (mozilla-central):
    • Followup to bug 591139 Define safeMode outside the ifdef so it can be used properly

    • Fix thebes errors in non libXUL and when D3D is not enabled
    • bug 590826 SeaMonkey test failure in test_stricttransportsecurity.html due to use of uninitialized value

ewong

  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 507804 nsMsgComposeSecure.cpp: 3 strings to localize

    • bug 592575 Port bug 572529 to MailNews core. (make pymake work from client.mk)

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Bugs fixed (comm-central):
    • bug 591078 extensions/smime doesn’t compile with frozen linkage

    • bug 592438 Port bug 506175 to SM and fix an intermittent orange on linux for download manager tests
    • bug 592560 Port changes from toolkit’s browser_354894.js to SeaMonkey’s browser_bug515006.js
    • bug 592846 browser_pluginnotification.js time out
    • bug 491624 [SeaMonkey, Linux] mochitest-browser-chrome: intermittent “…/suite/browser/test/browser_bug462289.js | tab key to tab activeElement – Got [object HTMLInputElement], expected [object XULElement]”
    • bug 593135 Support signed updates in SeaMonkey (Additional prefs)
    • bug 593575 Port bug 433860 and bug 570321 spell check context menu tests and bug 585841 Right click, ‘copy link location’ no longer works to SM
    • bug 485288 Update load algorithm again (SM/TB context menu fix)
  • Bugs fixed (mozilla-central):
  • Bugs waiting for review/approval:
    • bug 589613 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-browser-chrome] browser_Services.js | Services.search exists

    • bug 535903 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-browser-chrome: “browser_focus_steal_from_chrome.js | Timed out”
  • Bugs being worked on:
    • Customize Composer toolbars.

InvisibleSmiley

  • Bugs Fixed:

    • bug 465116 Move to Trash now marks as read. Add pref mailnews.ui.deleteMarksRead to allow restoring old behavior
  • Waiting for Review:
    • bug 591649 Account Manager (and other screens) exceed display size and become unusable
  • Working on:

KaiRo

  • Wrote relnotes and announcement for and released SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 3.

  • Started release process for 2.0.7 by producing builds and pushing them to beta.
  • Clobbered Windows L10n repacks to fix bustage (bug 591091).
  • Fixed missing L10n nightlies by cheating with copied en-US MARs (bug 590635).
  • Filed IT bugs on missing slaves and got them restarted promptly (bug 593344).
  • Landed small packaging fixes (bug 589637) as well as jsperf fix (bug 589627).
  • Removed reporter from SeaMonkey (bug 590102).
  • Added new add-on repository prefs (bug 591037).
  • Tested libxul building and filed bugs (bug 591078, bug 591098).
  • Landed test for FAYT focus fix (bug 584630).
  • Investigated failure and created test for isTabEmpty() and friend(s) in bug 589659.
  • Created a patch to build Web Console only for Firefox atm (bug 593328).
  • Cared about getting places backports landed (bug 570788).
  • Reworked Firefox library cleanup to improve chances of review (bug 588027).
  • Worked on addressing comments for fast bookmarking button and mac/Modern support (bug 589601).
  • Backported some nits to Firefox star button (bug 591344).
  • Fixed broken bookmark support in Mac “hidden window” (bug 586363).
  • Updated doorhanger notifications patch for review comments (bug 570004).
  • Worked on UI pref for default-on Firefox-compat UA string token (bug 591327).
  • Submitted site-specific zoom patch for review (bug 386363).
  • Updated Data Manager for more review comments (bug 569341).
  • Worked on OpenSearch support (bug 410613), getting a WIP up for most of it.
  • Also did a very rough WIP for an optional search bar (bug 401417).
  • Updated LCARStrek and EarlyBlue themes as well as the German language pack with SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 3 versions, all available on the AMO beta channel.
  • Watched SeaMonkey ADU break the 100k barrier.
  • Got budget accepted for SeaMonkey Developer Meeting, tried to get more hotel offers, and created a wiki page: SeaMonkey/Developer_Meeting:2010.
  • Move planning forward for my Oct. 1-17 visit to Mozilla HQ and the SF Bay Area.
  • Discussed SeaMonkey organizational future, nearing acceptable rule set.
  • As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.

mcsmurf

Misak

  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 558639 Port bug 531519 [getBrowserState sometimes returns two entries for one window] to Seamonkey

Mnyromyr

MReimer

Neil

  • Bugs fixed (comm-central):

    • bug 589910 Make notifications from sidebar documents work again

    • bug 589534 Make the netError button themed again
    • bug 590725 Convert suite/ files for content XUL being killed. CertError Part
    • bug 589618 Allow load events to get processed between each test step
    • bug 97023 Make Find Again work when find as you type isn’t using the find bar
    • bug 529240 enhances duplicateTab so that the duplicate can open in a new window, and with a relative history index
    • bug 590725 Convert suite/ files for content XUL being killed (feed part)
  • Bugs fixed (mozilla-central):
    • bug 589570 Disabled splitters should use the default cursor

Ratty

  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 529240 Make drop down menus for back and forward buttons middle/Ctrl-clickable.
  • Away at Aussiecon 4 for a couple of weeks so nothing much done.

Ricardo

  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 246405 mail_help.xhtml should be split to several files Moving “Importing mail from other programs” right after “Getting started with Mail & Newsgroups”

sgautherie

  • Bugs fixed (comm-central):

    • bug 591550 test_docload.xul reports “JavaScript error: chrome://navigator/content/tabbrowser.xml, line 919: nsIInterfaceRequestor is not defined”; (Av1) Add missing ‘Components.interfaces.’
  • Bugs fixed (mozilla-central):
    • bug 589611 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-browser-chrome] browser_visituri_privatebrowsing.js:64 – TypeError: Cc['@mozilla.org/privatebrowsing;1'] is undefined; (Av1) Skip this test when PB service is not available

Standard8

stefanh

  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 586415 Some css rules in existing css files doesn’t apply anymore (bookmarks-ptf gone, structure have changed)

    • bug 582372 [Mac default] hover:active style rules applies on disabled linkToolbar items

wladow

Any other business?

  • SeaMonkey Council

    • biesi and Standard8 both declared their resignation from the Council – they both confirmed they have some heart and stakes in the project, but they don’t have the time to be part of the Council any more

    • we will have new Council members being added, but we’ll discuss and decide that in Vienna
    • we have a few prospects of making the Council – but I’d like to defer that to Vienna, we have all of them on the invitee list anyhow

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-07

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-09-07

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.2 Thunderbird 3.1.3 Thunderbird 3.0.7
To Be Announced

  • Relbranch opens: July 30

  • Code freeze: Aug 20 @ 23:59 PDT
  • L10n freeze: Aug 24 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Aug 24
  • QA with builds start: Aug 25
  • Beta period starts: Aug 27
  • Final release: Sept 7
  • Relbranch opens: July 30

  • Code freeze: Aug 20 @ 23:59 PDT
  • L10n freeze: Aug 24 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Aug 24
  • QA with builds start: Aug 25
  • Beta period starts: Aug 27
  • Final release: Sept 7

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Agenda

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

  • Standard8 nominates Makoto Kato and Masayuki Nakano for their work on fixing the number 1 topcrash for Thunderbird 3.1.x users (bug 548480).

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • Funnel Cake 2 Launched last Tuesday. About 30% more in sample than in Funnel Cake 1, en-US/de builds. Still crunching numbers.

  • More accurate count is giving us a 44% success rate for ISPDB. Top 10 misses, cn.ad.jp, cox.net, aon.at, psmtp.com, dream.jp, so-net.ne.jp, netease.com, btinternet.com, tiscali.co.uk, centrum.cz.

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

  • Account provisioning.

  • Pluggable mailstore.

Experiments

3.2

  • Flags now set up

  • 3.2 Branch on hold until account provisioning schedule is clearer.
    • Will bump trunk to 3.3a1pre in the meantime to reflect bugzilla flags.

Trunk Development

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0

  • 3.0.7 and 3.1.3 being released today.
Major updates to 3.1
  • Now over 50% of users on TB 3.1.x, gaining just under 2M ADUs since we started offering major updates on 11th August.

  • Will “pause” major updates for 3.0.x users whilst we release the security updates, then offer anew in a couple of weeks.
  • 2.0.0.24 updates will be updated to go straight to 3.1.3 in the next couple of days.

QA Updates

  • Releases today of 3.0.7 and 3.1.3

  • Work on next round of major updates
  • Weekly event going on , posted some information on mozilla.dev.apps.thundebird

Marketing Updates

  • PR update: expecting Thunderbird 3.1.3 news today and this week pre-empted here on ghacks, lots of articles Google’s Priority Inbox and Gmail phone service

  • ADUs: 5.5MM ADUs, 52% of total users on 3.1.x., many 3.0.x users have upgraded. Still 1.4MM users on Tb 2.0.0.x
  • Next: back from vacation, getting caught up, Tb 2.x EOL messaging, add-ons promotion, [ https://wiki.mozilla.org/Websites/Taskforce web site task force] (and notes)

IT update

Documentation

Support

  1. 691 support topics, down 16% from last week, labour day holiday effect?

  2. continuing GS instability issues: No GS emails between 9:15pacific Sep 2, 2010 and 12:48pm. Sep 3 & no support topics stats for September 2nd and 3rd 2010, filed ZenDesk ticket 4318
  3. 3.1 Support Issues – top major upgrade issues: Kaspersky and McAfee anti-virus don’t play nicely with Thunderbird 3.1 – awaiting word from Kaspersky and McAfee
  4. merci à protz pour le “Get Satisfaction Real-Time Support Dashboard 1.0″ (blog post), protz is back at school, so we need code & design help to keep this going! email roland AT mozillamessaging.com
  5. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details –

Lightning Updates

Status updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Could we have a round up of the GSOC projects ?

Attendees

_Tsk_, Standard8, DavidB, Gozer, Roland,

« Newer PostsOlder Posts »

Powered by WordPress