Meeting Notes

27-October-2010

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/27-Oct-2010

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

  • Beta 2

    • Preparing for QA hand off
  • Beta 3
    • String freeze: Nov 12

    • Code freeze: Nov 23

Major Topics for This Week

Front-end

  • Updated theme is mostly landed

  • Watching for any potential b2 blockers to pop up
  • Triaging b3 blockers

UX design

  • getting a few polish issues nominated for b3

  • helping with UXy b3 blocking bugs (bug list here)
  • JPAKE sync setup flow for mobile (fennec and Firefox Home)
  • Boriss helping with finalizing bug 596594
  • writing blog post about what’s new UI/feature-wise in b3

Maemo

Qt

  • On < Maemo 6, we will start painting using the same path as GTK.

Android

  • breakpad and crash reporter landed, mostly works now

  • crash reporter broke restarter, its been fixed now
  • l10n for java files pushed to b3
  • multilocale repacks add 2.3Mb to our apk, this makes me sad
  • black screens fixed

Electrolysis

  • jdm is steadily making progress on remoting global/session/localstorage, which currently breaks whole websites (ie. twitter interface) due to throwing an error (bug 584946)

General Platform

Video

Camera

Plugins

Performance

Networking

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

Release Engineering

  • Android tests now showing on tbpl

  • Android multilocale landed
    • Using maemo-locales list; which locales to use?
  • Ported nightly multilocale/standard packaging/upload fixes to release builds
    • fixed confvars.sh version bumping

    • fixed release desktop uploads
  • Standing by for 4.0b2 go to build
  • John Ford believes he has a good upgraded n900 image
    • running in staging

    • if this is good, this is a major step towards n900s on try

QA

Manual

Automation

  • Talos

    • patch to bug 605039 allows running talos fennec easier on desktop

    • working to get more tests running on Android
  • browser-chrome

    • tests can run on device, but crash when run with the full harness (jmaher is investigating)

Other

  • jdm has started daily trawling through the fennec 2.0b2pre crashes on crash-stats to find any interesting new nuggets of crashiness

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2010-10-27

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Add-on Builder 1.0a6

  • 1.0a6 release on schedule for November 15th freeze

  • Further details in the development plan

Input 2.0

  • On track for 11/11 release

  • Changes (i.e. pretty graph and better searching so far) are going to be rolling in by Monday on staging. Try it out and tell us what you think via #input on irc.mozilla.org

Highlights / Notices

  • User feedback summary: Similar to last week
Issue

SUMO

Input

Buglink
Youtube & Video rendering

~4 users

144

bug 579597 and related.
Font rendering

~5

226

bug 588880
Middle button click-to-scroll rendering glitch

0

31

bug 588403
Zynga Toolbar not compatible

4

89

Not a bug.
Error at Start-Up (could be AVG? or just extensions)

~12 Hard to know–affects more than just beta users

85

[1]
Cannot click on links on apple.com

0

466

bug 605919

Questions and Concerns

Press & Public Reactions

26-October-2010

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-10-26

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.2 Thunderbird 3.1.5 Thunderbird 3.0.9
To Be Announced

  • Code freeze: Sept 30 @ 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: Oct 3 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Oct 4
  • QA with builds start: Oct 5
  • Beta period starts: Oct 6
  • Final release: Oct 19
  • Code freeze: Oct 1 @ 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: Oct 4 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Oct 5
  • QA with builds start: Oct 6
  • Beta period starts: Oct 7
  • Final release: Oct 19

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Agenda

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

  • It’s been made quite generic now.

  • We’re almost code complete, and should be by EOD.
  • I still need to record the screencast.

Pluggable Mail Stores:

  • xpcshell tests all pass with Maildir store, as do all mozmill tests, build and play with it (but don’t use your production profile)

  • xpcshell tests hang with Berkeley mailbox store – need to investigate.
  • If you want to test it out, you should create a new profile, for safety’s sake.

Experiments

  • Up next: GMail Conversation View

  • Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
  • Sync Add-on further out.
  • On schedule to release an add-on a week for the next month or so

3.2

  • 3.2 currently planned to be released from a comm-1.9.2 branch

  • Waiting for account provisioning discussions to progress and FF 4 status before making decision on if/when to cut it.

Trunk Development

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

Major updates to 3.1
  • Now have over 70% of ADUs on 3.1.x.

  • Working on getting Thunderbird 2 updates fully unthrottled (they had been on a 1 in 4 pings would get an offer).

QA Updates

  • Worked on releases and bugzilla maintainance

Marketing Updates

  • PR Update: Coverage on Tbird security releases 1, 2

  • ADUs: 6.3MM Total w/ 1.3MM users on Tb 2.x.
  • Sunset announcement for Tb 3.0.x released
  • Continuing work on Mozilla One web site plan.
  • Mozilla.com webdev wants to revamp website with FF4. We’ll do something similar.

Infrastructure Update

  * Nagios upgraded to version 3 and other monitoring improvements
  * Load shuffling between Mozilla and Amazon EC2 resulting in less connection drops
  * gozer OOTO this week

Build / Release Update

  * No newsworthy items this week

Web Update

  • WebDev Road Map to provide better information on scheduling

  • The Account Provisioning service is about ready to go.
  • Switching back to ISDPB work.

Documentation

  • great to be back!

  • Thunderbird manual book sprint Oct 26 and 27
  • follow up with Simon Fraser Uni Writing and Publishing program
    • follow up with practicum student – back in November
  • new KB page: Keyboard Shortcuts for Searching (also updated keyboard shortcuts page)
  • minor edits to KB article on installing on Linux

Support

  1. 540 new support topics down 22% (692 last week)

  2. FLOSS Thunderbird Manual Writing Sprint Tuesday 26-27October 2010, Jen’s Thunderbird FLOSS Manual writing sprint blog post – If you know Thunderbird we’d love your contribution to this unofficial Thunderbird manual! No docs experience required just have to be a Thunderbird user and the ability to write English! See you online at the sprint! (IRC:irc.freenode.net #flossmanuals, click here to edit the Thunderbird manual (requires registration to edit the manual))
  3. How to install Thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux published! – Thanks to Slovenian contributor Vito Smolej for finishing and thanks to caméléon for writing the first draft! – bug 560635
  4. 3.1 Support Issues
  5. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

roland, bwinton, dmose, bienvenu, sanucs, rebron, usul, jhopkins.

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2010-10-26

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

Firefox 4 Beta 7

  • as per the dev planning thread, could be shipped either off the GECKO20b7pre_20101006_RELBRANCH or default tags of mozilla-central. We’ll discuss that in today’s exciting roundtable.

  • Of the remaining blockers:
    • bug 595243 and bug 595743 are getting JSD/Firebug working with compartments; waiting for more complete patch from Sayrer/Gal?

    • bug 606585 was just added recently, needs a patch
    • bug 604641 looks like it will be resolved with additional merges from TraceMonkey in order to get the JetPack SDK working with compartments bug 604523 and bug 604523
    • bug 604756 and bug 604996 fix high frequency stability issues with compartments; both have patches which are being evaluated/tested
    • bug 598600 is ready but doesn’t apply to the relbranch
    • bug 606726 is tracking API changes which need to land on the relbranch
    • bug 603300 and bug 596087 just need to land

Firefox 3.6.11 and 3.5.14

  • Released last Tuesday

  • No known issues that would cause a chemspill / rebuild
  • Will not be doing another advertised MU (see below)

Firefox 3.6.12 and 3.5.15

  • Will likely be a quick turnaround update for this bug

  • Will do an advertised update for 3.0/3.5 users a week after release

Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.5.16

  • Taking nominations and approving

  • Likely released early December
  • Will be talking with teams and individuals to make sure the workload between branches and FF4.0 is manageable
  • Will send a draft schedule this week

Blocker Report

A handy list of Firefox 4 triage queries is available. You can also see a graph of our blocker rates:

Firefox 3.6.13

Firefox 3.5.16

Firefox Development

(from our goals):

Firefox

  • [CARRY OVER] API-Complete Jetpack

    • Joint with Jetpack team
  • [NEW] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis

    • Joint with Platform

    • UI may not be functional, should launch and open a web page.

Developer Tools

  • [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
  • [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
  • [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support

Platform

  • Goals: Real list found here. Quick overview:

    • [ON TRACK] Finish Firefox 4 blockers.

    • [ON TRACK] Support Firefox Team to stand up a browser on Electrolysis.

GFX

  • Workin’ on blockers.

Layout

  • Not much change since last week

JS

  • In not-JS-but-almost-JS news, work proceeds on exposing DOM properties as proper ES5 accessor properties, with function-valued getter/setter functions (bug 560072); has most-of-the-way semi-hackish patch, but not yet clear whether the more principled fix is preferable

Tree Management

  • Need a 3 hour downtime to update talos and install MozillaDongle Mark II/III ™ on the snow leopard machines.

    • today? this week? next week? after “go to build” of which release?

Roundtable

  • [beltzner] Should we ship beta 7 off mozilla-central default or the b7 relbranch created on October 6th?

    • since October 6th, over 300 blockers and over 500 non-blockers have landed on mozilla-central

    • we have not had nightly testing on the b7 relbranch, and the compartments work has never been on that branch
    • prior to the compartments landing, QA had declared the b7 relbranch content to be stable
      • decision was to ship beta7 off mozilla-central

      • tree will be locked to beta 7 blockers immediately (and fennec b2 blockers)
      • teams to re-triage beta8 blocker list to identify bugs that need to block beta7 (new regressions since the branch point)
  • [smooney] A few new crashes in the past week we would like to have triaged.

25-October-2010

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-25

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2010-10-25

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Video for today’s meeting

<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2010-10-25.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis”"/></video>

Friends of the Tree

  • Timothy B. Terriberry nominates Greg Maxwell and Christopher ‘Monty’ Montgomery for working all weekend and staying up all night last Sunday to get an integer-only Vorbis decoder ready for Fennec b2.
  • Asa would like us all to recognize the years of great desktop support (nearly 5000 bugzilla tickets Resolved Fixed) and the super A/V and AirMozilla support for so many meetings and events that Sean Alamarez has given us. His awesome contributions have made all of us more productive and helped us bridge the geography that would have otherwise divided us and slowed us down. We’re going to miss you. Thanks, Sean, and good luck.

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 25 October

Tuesday, 26 October

Wednesday, 27 October

Thursday, 28 October

Friday, 29 October

“Release Engineer through buildbot” talk at FSOSS 2010.

Next Week

Product Status Updates

Firefox 4

  • 14 beta 7 blockers remain, many are fixed-on-tracemonkey

  • many beta 8 and beta N blockers already fixed
  • decision to be made about shipping beta 7 off the release branch vs. the trunk
  • trunk stability has returned to levels close to before the latest JavaScript / garbage collection update
  • we are also faster, yet! :)

Firefox 3.6 and 3.5

  • 3.6.11 and 3.5.14 were released last Tuesday, 2010-10-19

    • Thanks everyone for the smooth release!

    • No chemspill issues so far!
  • Schedule for 3.6.12 and 3.5.15 will be released this week
    • Will try to work with teams so that sizing for branches is realistic with the additional FF4.0 work going on

Mobile Firefox

  • beta 2 builds today or tomorrow.

  • please test

Thunderbird

  • Thunderbird 3.1.5 and 3.0.9 shipped 10/19/2010

Drumbeat

  • Beta version of Universal Subtitles just launched

  • Launching a campaign to subtitle 10,000 videos and raise $25K by Jan 1
  • Check it out & make a donation at drumbeat.org/universal-subtitles

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Firefox 4 Beta Shirts

Laura Mesa

T-Shirt Nomination form

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFlLWUtwWFFxVHItVGxOS1g1NzU0RFE6MA

Fill out the form here

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

Test Execution
  • Fx4b7: waiting for builds; meanwhile testing 4b8pre nightlies
WebQA
QA Community
Test Dev

Automation & Tools

Security

Engagement

PR

Events

Creative Team

Community Marketing

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

  • Dave Hunt – QA (MozMill/Selenium)

  • David Burns – WebQA, Automation Lead
  • Andy McKay – AMO Development
  • Frank Yan – Firefox

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

20-October-2010

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/20-Oct-2010

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

  • Beta 2

    • Code freeze: Oct 19 (Yesterday)

Major Topics for This Week

Front-end

  • Primarily working on Beta 2 blockers

    • Triaging the blocker list to move out non-critical bugs
  • New Core (nee Android) theme is underway
    • Working to get an acceptable level of theme in place

    • Polish and tweaking will move to beta 3

UX design

  • tracking theme work here (cleaned up today – should be easier to follow)

  • some small theme patches going in today (?) which should take a few things off that list
  • JPAKE/weave design work ongoing with beltzner, etc.
  • opening some bugs (or adding testcases) to make themeing-useful CSS techniques faster

Maemo

Qt

Android

  • new dlopen plus making sqlite not be stupid got our install size way down

    • everyone thank mwu
  • patch to make breakpad work with new dlopen waiting for review from mwu
    • expect to land today
  • file picker for chrome landed yesterday, content support landed today
    • needs testing
  • need to figure out l10n for java files
  • added lots or polish to updater and notifications, pretty good experience now
  • Android build bustage post mortem, by DougT

    • Asked to push Tim’s patch

    • Applied it, and corrected small conflict
    • Pushed to try.
    • Android didn’t compile.
    • Got a new patch from Tim.
    • Pushed to try
    • For some reason, try didn’t build Android this time.
    • Locally imported patch to my android builder
    • Built cleanly.
    • Pushed to M-C, and left
    • Failure Points:
      • My mozconfig was for the emulator (disabled thumb2)

      • Shouldn’t have just left.
        • High confidence on things would “just work”
      • Try restricted builds for no good reason.
    • I shaved.
    • (blassey) I did too. Not sure why you didn’t get a thumb2 build on try

Electrolysis

  • MacOS X – Content not rendering without user creating UI events

    • Beta 2 Blocker

    • Looks like mac isnt processing ipc messages it needs to
  • Priority of child process (Alon can update everyone)
  • Discussion in bug on dynamic verses constant child priority
    • Constant priority makes the child slower (at least 3% on page load for one test).

    • Dynamic priority is hard.
    • I am bias.

General Platform

Video

Camera

Plugins

Performance

  • Content Sink pref change loaded (Bug 604762)

    • Basically we make the child process less “responsive” and make it do more work before processing events

    • Saw page load perf bump by 3%

Networking

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

Release Engineering

  • 3 tegras running 3 talos suites on m-c and tracemonkey only

    • adding more suites over time

    • scrounging up more tegras
    • bugfixing as well — please let us know if something’s not working right
    • currently tracking why the Talos results drop off of TBPL after test run is complete – bug 605856
  • android multilocale — untested poc manual build w/out packaged manifests
  • 4.0b2 will be lsblakk
    • aki pto Nov 20-Dec4; trying to hand over process before then

    • bugfixing & documenting

QA

Other

  • DougT spent 2-3 days fixing talos.

    • The Fennec CLH was registered using a prefix that loaded before talos CLHs.

    • Alot of voodoo trying to get the right options, right config file, right files on disk.
    • TPan doesn’t work on desktop
    • Tp4 doesn’t produce the correct starting output on desktop
    • Not all bad news, Ts does work on desktop
    • I am pretty sure that these failures would also fail on the n900 given their subsystems (linux, apache) are basically the same.
    • What I want is a way to locally test performance using the tools we currently have.
    • (aki has considered rewriting talos in mozharness, which would hopefully make it easier to config, but this is not a small project and would require buy-in, also probably not as high priority as 4.0b2 releng blockers)

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2010-10-20

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 4 Beta

  • schedule update coming later this week, will pass it around dev planning

  • the current milestone schedule is obviously out of date
  • stability and compatibility becoming our top focus

Jetpack SDK 0.9

  • RC1 released Monday, October 18

  • respun yesterday, Tuesday, October 19 to take some docs fixes
  • release tentatively scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, October 21

Jetpack SDK 0.10

  • tree thaws for checkins today

  • switching to Git repository
  • development plan being finalized this week
  • aiming to make this release the first beta (1.0b1)

Add-on Builder 1.0a6

  • hotfix release 1.0a5.1 went out 5 days early on October 15th to regain compatibility with Fx 4 beta 6 and later

  • 1.0a6 release on schedule for November 15th freeze
  • details in the development plan

Input 1.9

Input 1.9.1

  • A large portion (>50%) of submitted user feedback was resulting in a 403

  • The problem was around our caching mechanisms
  • A push on Monday fixed the issue
  • We’ll have a post-mortem to make sure this doesn’t happen again

Input 2.0

  • ETA: November 11th

  • started work, nothing to show just yet

Highlights / Notices

  • User feedback summary: Similar to last week
Issue

SUMO

Input

Buglink
Youtube & Video rendering

~4 users

144

bug 579597 and related.
Font rendering

~5

226

bug 588880
Middle button click-to-scroll rendering glitch

0

31

bug 588403
Zynga Toolbar not compatible

4

89

Not a bug.
Error at Start-Up (could be AVG? or just extensions)

~12 Hard to know–affects more than just beta users

85

[1]
Cannot download attachments from Hotmail

9

140

bug 581502

Questions and Concerns

Press & Public Reactions

19-October-2010

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2010-10-19

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

CLOSED

K.I.V.

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn’t hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.

SeaMonkey 2.0.9

open blockers (1)
blocker requests (0)
fixed (30)

  • Based on Gecko 1.9.1.14 and in sync with Firefox 3.5.14, should already be out but delayed by a rebuild of FF 3.6.11, see Releases.

  • Builds have been created and are available for testing from FTP and on the beta channel.

SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1

open blockers (1)
targeted (2)
fixed (96)

  • Looks like testing is OK, release targeted for TODAY (October 19th).

  • Currently waiting on KaiRo having time to write an announcement, and finishing the relnotes (as nobody else takes on those tasks unfortunately), and getting bouncer done, files pushed, et cetra.

SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2

open blockers (2)
blocker requests (4)
targeted (2)
fixed (11)

(Further 2.1 scheduling:)

  • Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.

  • Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in late October; final to be decided later.
  • Unsure how this fits Firefox 4 plans as they are still trying to get to their feature freeze.
  • PPC situation is still unclear, Beta 1 is broken there.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 36 new, 23 fixed, 9 triaged.

  • Fix rate is good but slowing down last week, triage continues to be weak. Should do more there.

  • Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!

Major wanted/needed features:

2.1

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port.

  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze is currently job hunting so doesn’t have much time to spend on this.

    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.

    • The rest is unowned so far.
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 – Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
Active
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]

    • status/progress?
  • bug 570004 Popup/”doorhanger” notifications [Neil]
    • Implementation moved to bug 595810.

    • Geolocation implemented.
    • Login manager themeing waiting for review from IanN.
  • bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
    • bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf]

    • status/progress?
  • bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
    • Initial patches almost done. Ported late build change. Next: Address nits, continue reviews, port more dialog changes.

We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted
Also the nominations need triaging.

  • We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.

    • Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 2 will probably be Gecko 2.0-based.

SeaMonkey Developer Meeting

See wiki page: SeaMonkey Developer Meeting

  • Happening on October 23/24, UPCOMING WEEKEND, in Vienna.

    • Starts on Saturday noon and ends on Sunday afternoon so people arriving on 22nd October will have plenty of time for breakfast!
  • Please give feedback if you are coming, if you stay for hacking days, and when you are arriving/leaving.
  • Proposals for sessions are very much wanted.
  • How many sessions will we do at all and how long should one session be?

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Aqualon

Fixed:

  • bug 599745 port ui parts ofbug 561636 to support invalidformsubmit.

  • bug 601069 Some mochitest-browser-chrome tests in suite/ time out, afterbug 543800.
  • bug 603557 [SeaMonkey] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | Lots of intermittent failures for mochitest-browser-chrome in toolkit/mozapps/extensions/test/browser/.

Working on:

  • bug 601091 Port FillInHTMLTooltip changes from firefox.

asrail

Callek

  • Fixed:

    • bug 594578 Deal with SeaMonkey with Firefox compatibility declared in its UA string [AMO].

    • bug 597887 mochitest-plain-1: “Error: useless setTimeout call (missing quotes around argument?)” at “file_bug546995.html : 28″ [CORE].
    • bug 600364 [seamonkey] mochi-browser failures due to indexedDB issues: browser_permissionsPromptAllow.js and others [Testing Infrastructure].
    • bug 600767 [SeaMonkey] Linux Mochi-1 test_2d.composite.uncovered.image.destination-atop.html failing [Testing Infrastructure].
    • bug 601649 Client.py doesn’t work with python3 [comm-central].
    • bug 604752 Nightly builds burning after removal of unwrap_full_update.sh [Rel Eng].
    • bug 605369 cb-sea-win32-tbox out of disk space on C:/ [Rel Eng].
  • Working On:

    • bug 560772 Make use of mozilla::services for comm-central

    • bug 585713 Suite port of bug 552023[Kill Places partitioned temp tables]
    • bug 603132 Remove Bloglines from the feed reader options
    • bug 603919 nsHTMLInputElement.cpp: ‘changed’ event should be sent even if we can’t store the last used directory (for <input type=’file’>)

ewong

  • Requiring Checkin:

    • bug 576026 runtests.py.in is an interpolated file and shouldn’t be
  • Investigating:

IanN

InvisibleSmiley

  • Fixed:

  • Working On:

KaiRo

mcsmurf

Working on:

  • bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list.

Misak

Working on:

  • bug 593681 Small fixes to keep sessionstore in sync with FF.

Mnyromyr

MReimer

Neil

Needs backout:

  • bug 579860 Consider starting bash in its own console window.

Fixed:

  • bug 595570 Bookmark Sidebar no longer shows the Bookmark title when you hover over a link.

  • bug 597637 Trying to restore final tab in closed tab list throws an exception.
  • bug 602150 After doorhangers land cant type in textbox [Fixed by bug 595810].
  • bug 603228 “Exception / NS_ERROR_FAILURE / nsIWebProgress.addProgressListener / notification.xml :: addProgressListener :: line 66″ caused by some part of bug 595810.

NOT Working on:

Working on:

  • bug 581309 Remove unused properties from XPCOMUtils.

  • bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
  • bug 604493 Composition Window broken on trunk builds due to tracemonkey landing (merge of compartments) (cannot compose, write, reply to messages).

Ratty

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 595738 Warning: assignment to undeclared variable index (in msgHdrViewOverlay.js)

  • bug 601435 Move null check into isElementVisible() like Firefox.
  • bug 603090 Support form restore for securely transmitted site (HTTPS).
  • bug 603095 Accept middle-click for new tab button.
  • bug 603101 Error: id is null Source file: chrome://…/addressingWidgetOverlay.js Line: 1038.

Working on:

  • bug 586947 Places File Bookmark (Ctrl+D) needs improvement badly.

Other:

Ricardo

Working on:

  • bug 246405 mail_help.xhtml should be split to several files.

sgautherie

  • Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:

    • bug 601978 Port |Bug 552688 – Clean up .autoreg leftovers| to SeaMonkey
  • Fixed Core bugs:
    • bug 599751 Javascript strict warnings in nsSearchService.js

stefanh

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 593944 No icons in alltabs menuitems.

  • bug 602538 Change ‘-moz-box-shadow’ to ‘box-shadow’ in classic/mac/navigator.css.

Working on:

  • bug 602568 [Mac default] MailNews (tab)scrollbox arrows/buttons needs love.

Any other business?

  • [MReimer] When will the meeting start at 23 Oct? Please allow people arriving at 22 Oct to have their breakfast!

    • If you bothered to follow the link you will see the start and end times:

      • From Saturday noon to Sunday afternoon

      • Monday/Tuesday are optional hacking days for those people who can afford the time.
  • Weather: current long-term forecast:
    • Saturday: thck clouds, max 13°C.

    • Sunday: high-level fog sticking around long, else sunny, max 17°C.
    • Monday rainy, windy, max 11 °C.
    • Be prepared for cold temperatures and possibly rain. Also, possibly around freezing at night.

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-10-19

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.2 Thunderbird 3.1.5 Thunderbird 3.0.9
To Be Announced

  • Code freeze: Sept 30 @ 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: Oct 3 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Oct 4
  • QA with builds start: Oct 5
  • Beta period starts: Oct 6
  • Final release: Oct 19
  • Code freeze: Oct 1 @ 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: Oct 4 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Oct 5
  • QA with builds start: Oct 6
  • Beta period starts: Oct 7
  • Final release: Oct 19

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Agenda

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • Funnel Cake 3 to be based on Tb 3.1.5 next week

  • ISPDB Conversion: 30 – 46% success rate. Top missing domains: psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, interia.pl, kyushu-u.ac.jp, cox.net, aon.at, telnet-ops.be, netease.com, netsolmail.net, one.com, outlook.com, univ-avignon.fr

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

  • The UI redesign is done, but has a couple of bugs.

  • We’ve started testing against their live servers, and have a couple of change requests for them.
  • We still need to write the blog post/record the screencast.
  • We also need to make it a little more generic.

Pluggable Mail Stores:

  • xpcshell tests all pass with Maildir store, still have a couple mozmill failures, build and play with it

  • Wrote code to recreate .msf file from maildir store, need to make it not block the UI next.

Experiments

  • about:support blogged

  • Up next: GMail Conversation View
  • Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
  • Sync Add-on further out.
  • On schedule to release an add-on a week for the next month or so

3.2

  • 3.2 currently planned to be released from a comm-1.9.2 branch

  • Waiting for account provisioning discussions to progress before making decision on if/when to cut it.

Trunk Development

  • Compose window busted, see Tinderbox. Hoping to get fixed today.

  • Starting to look towards migrating our Mac builds from ppc/32 to 32/64 bit universal. Experimental builds available.
  • Package tests work progressing on trunk
    • xpcshell-test builders now running.

    • mozmill builders hopefully coming this week.
    • Will then be able to turn off the existing “Check” builders.
  • Help on fixing up trunk welcome, see this list of higher priority bugs.

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • 3.0.x End-of-Life announcement being published today.

  • 3.1.5 and 3.0.9 being released today.
  • Starting flagging bugs to be included in the next release, please see the bug lists.
  • Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0
Major updates to 3.1
  • No changes since last week.

QA Updates

  • Working on 3.1.5 and 3.0.9 this week

  • Planning on having a DUPME workshop in November.

Marketing Updates

  • PR update: A few articles this week – How to Add Calendar to Thunderbird, Outlook for Mac coming out later this month w/ Office for Mac 2011, no more Entourage

  • ADUS: 6.0MM Total ADUs, under 1MM on Tb 2.0.0.24
  • Participation survey closed, working through reports
  • PR work for Tb 3.1.5/3.0.9
  • drafted Sunset announcement for Tb 3.0.x

Next:

  • Web site task force mtg on Thursday

Infrastructure Update

  • Core MPT Firewall upgrade : complete

Build / Release Update

  • all linux build VMs upgraded to 3GB RAM

  • all builders set to reboot regularly – a few issues to iron out
  • TB 3.1.5 build 3 pushed to beta
  • TWO mac64 build servers set up in ‘try’
  • enabled parallelized builds on Mac32/64
  • packaged tests “sort of working” (for comm-central dep builds)

Web Update

  • Still working on Account Provisioning

  • WebDev Road Map to provide better information on scheduling

Documentation

  • I’m back!

Support

  1. 692 new support topics up 40% (494 last week) – back to normal levels

  2. FLOSS Thunderbird Manual Sprint Tuesday 26-27October 2010 – If you know Thunderbird we’d love your contribution to this unofficial Thunderbird manual!
  3. Thanks to Slovenian contributor Vito Smolej, it looks like we will finally publish the Linux Install SuMoMo KB article in English this week. Belated thanks to caméléon for writing the first draft! – bug 560635
  4. experimental about:support add-on is out! Support contributors:please install and give it a try; we welcome feedback! Hat Tip to sid0 for doing the hard part & writing the code! Next stop: Thunderbird core (after incorporating feedback of course!)!
  5. 3.1 Support Issues
  6. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

  • Trunk builds are mostly working again, mac64 will be our next hurdle.

  • Crashes due to JS threading, working on fixing them
  • Backporting fixes to 1.9.2 will be started soon
  • Much progress on l10n nightlys, local repack builds were successful

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

rebron, dmose, standard8, bienvenu, gozer, rolandtanglao, jhopkins, sancus, jenzed

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-10-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2010-10-19

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

Firefox 4 Beta 7

  • still waiting for GC compartments to land on the relbranch

    • compatibility issues with JetPack and Firebug

    • stability issues (see roundtable)
    • minor theme tweaks are being landed in both places

Firefox 3.6.11

Firefox 3.5.14

Blocker Report

A handy list of Firefox 4 triage queries is available:

Firefox Development

(from our goals):

Firefox

  • [CARRY OVER] API-Complete Jetpack

    • Joint with Jetpack team
  • [NEW] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis

    • Joint with Platform

    • UI may not be functional, should launch and open a web page.

Developer Tools

  • [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
  • [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
  • [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support

Platform

Breakdown of all 2.0 blocker and current assignments. Shows a lot of items in unassigned lists (nobody, general.js)

There are about 31 crash bugs where the blocking status has changed since Oct 13th. We removed the dups.

There are about another 22 crash bugs in the nomination queue we would like to get triaged so we have a handle on all the blockers.

GFX

  • Direct3D 10 layers backend will be turned on by default RSN.

    • Needs one or two prerequisites to land first.

    • Will give us some pretty great Ts/Txul wins because we no longer create a D3D9 device.
    • Will also help us with newer hardware, like NVIDIA Optimus, which doesn’t handle the D3D9/D3D10 interop very well at all.
    • Should also get us some perf wins on some heavy rendering sites.
  • This means that DirectX 9 will only be used on computers incapable of Direct2D, such as XP machines.

Layout

  • dbaron’s CSS 2.1 testsuite results: [1]

    • Significantly better than Webkit and Opera, a little behind IE9
  • Blockers (including SVG and Widget)
    • 2 beta8 blockers

    • 35 betaN blockers
    • 96 final blockers
    • 14 requests need triage
  • Risky issues:

Video/Audio

  • Blockers

    • 0 beta8 blockers

    • 2 betaN blockers
    • 10 final blockers

JS

  • ES5

    • Landings

      • strict this landed in TM, also in m-c, to be in b7 soon (bug strictThis
    • Current work
      • Making eval in strict mode not affect the variable set of the calling code (bug 514568)

      • Refactoring of eval code (bug 604504)

Tree Management

  • Sunday’s downtime successful. New infrastructure in place, so 650castro has better redundancy, and better bandwidth capacity.

  • new firewall deployed during Sunday downtime had a bug related to h323 data
    • this caused intermittent network failures whenever anyone started h323 traffic.

    • Firewall patched with fix from vendor at ~09:30 Monday, so we *think* all is good.
    • meanwhile, if you still see builds/tests failing because of network issues, please file bug in mozilla.org/ReleaseEngineering and we’ll triage.
  • yesterday’s power outage in 650castro
    • cause unknown, IT still investigating

Roundtable

  • [blizzard] I need some XUL experts

  • [smooney] Problems with Stability of the Trunk – less stable then we were before.
    • 2010-10-17, 4500 crashes on the trunk with 31K active users

    • 2010-10-13, 1400 crashes on the trunk with 30K active users
    • With a similar user set, our crashes have increased by more than 3X.
    • More details at https://wiki.mozilla.org/CrashKill/Firefox4#Status.
  • [ctalbert] Mcote recreated the blocker report stuff that we had in the run up to 3.6
Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress