Notices / Schedule
- Beta 8 is out to mirrors, investigating one possible issue before being ready to push live
- Mobile beta 3 is gated on Google, may need to respin, see bug 620584
- the great retriage happened last week
- removed about 25% of our blocking bugs from the lists
- also greatly reduced the list of nominations (though we’re back up to 60 or so!)
- need to make this a regular thing – maybe Thursdays?
- we need to stop shipping Firefox 3.6 to users
- current blocker count reducing by about 40 blockers/week
- using that rate, we’re looking at 10-12 more weeks of development time, which still isn’t fast enough
- need to keep our focus tight, and continually re-evaluate whether or not we need to fix something in Firefox 4
Firefox 4 Beta
- Beta 9: 49 blockers
- Beta: 287 blockers
- Final: 180 blockers
(from our goals):
- [AT RISK] Finish Firefox 4
- [ON TRACK] API-Complete Jetpack
- Joint with Jetpack team
- Currently working towards feature-complete beta SDK
- [ON TRACK] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis
- Joint with Platform
- UI may not be functional, should launch and open a web page.
- Project tracking page
- [NEW] Finish Firefox 4 developer tools
- [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
- [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
- [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support
(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)
- [ON TRACK] Finish Firefox 4 blockers.
- [ON TRACK] Support Firefox Team to stand up a browser on Electrolysis.
- [ON TRACK] Ship Firefox 4 final with layers composition accelerated using:
- OpenGL on Mac OS X;
- Direct3D on Windows.
- [ON TRACK] Ship Firefox 4 final with content accelerated using Direct2D on Windows Vista/7.
- [ON TRACK] Ship Firefox 4 final with better Opentype font feature support using Harfbuzz on all tier-1 platforms, and text rendering performance equal to or better than Firefox 3.6.
- [ON TRACK] Ship Firefox 4 final with full WebGL 1.0 support turned on by default on all platforms that support OpenGL.
- [DONE] Integrate Opentype santizer library
- [ON TRACK] Play back video on Fennec without blocking on main content thread
- [ON TRACK] Integrate codec ARM optimizations
- [ON TRACK] Ship indexedDB
- [ON TRACK] Ship HTML5 parser
- [ON TRACK] Ship HTML5 forms (current set)
- [ON TRACK] Ship GC compartments work
- [ON TRACK] Proof of concept implementation of a proxy based DOM binding
- [ON TRACK] 30% performance improvment on the Cal_* tests in Zimbra
- Performance 15% improved over Oct 1 Sunspider perfomance
- Performance 15% improved over Oct 1 v8 performance
- Continuous ARMv7 Android and Maemo JS Shell regression and performance testing in place
- [ON TRACK] Drive blocker list to zero.
- [ON TRACK] Develop implementation plan for OOP content accessibility.
- [ON TRACK] Fix and ship multi-process plugins on Mac
- [ON TRACK] Fix and ship asynchronous plugin painting on all plaforms
- [ON TRACK] Fix and ship content processes on Fennec
- 66 blockers in Layout+SVG+Video+Widget
- FF4.0b8 was bumpy. Sorry
- changes to RelEng automation caused several different l10n problems
- addon max version check caused problem with Feedback button
- more details after postmortem – stay tuned.
- yesterday’s tree closure caused by un-expected change to graphserver, which was surprise to RelEng and IT. Backed out.
- ok to turn off ts_cold?
- comments in bug#619536
- securing RelEng systems – will require build-vpn
- (Beltzner) next week’s meeting on or cancelled?
- (joduinn) moderate platform+firefox meetings like the mofo meeting? deal with voip-delays, irc, etc.
- Crash Summary
- Very few users on Beta8 so far. A few new signatures starting with QQ. We will watch those as the users increase.
- Explosive regression on the trunk – https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=619933. Waiting to verify if it was fixed by another bug.
- A bunch of new crash signatures on the trunk – in the process of logging those.