Meeting Notes

22-December-2010

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Platform/2010-12-21

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

  • Beta 8 is out to mirrors, investigating one possible issue before being ready to push live

  • Mobile beta 3 is gated on Google, may need to respin, see bug 620584
  • the great retriage happened last week

    • removed about 25% of our blocking bugs from the lists

    • also greatly reduced the list of nominations (though we’re back up to 60 or so!)
    • need to make this a regular thing – maybe Thursdays?
  • we need to stop shipping Firefox 3.6 to users

    • current blocker count reducing by about 40 blockers/week

    • using that rate, we’re looking at 10-12 more weeks of development time, which still isn’t fast enough
    • need to keep our focus tight, and continually re-evaluate whether or not we need to fix something in Firefox 4

Blocker Report

Firefox 4 Beta

Firefox Development

(from our goals):

Firefox

  • [ON TRACK] API-Complete Jetpack

    • Joint with Jetpack team

    • Currently working towards feature-complete beta SDK
  • [ON TRACK] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis

Developer Tools

  • [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
  • [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
  • [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support

Platform

(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)

  • [ON TRACK] Finish Firefox 4 blockers.

  • [ON TRACK] Support Firefox Team to stand up a browser on Electrolysis.
  • [ON TRACK] Ship Firefox 4 final with layers composition accelerated using:

    • OpenGL on Mac OS X;

    • Direct3D on Windows.
  • [ON TRACK] Ship Firefox 4 final with content accelerated using Direct2D on Windows Vista/7.
  • [ON TRACK] Ship Firefox 4 final with better Opentype font feature support using Harfbuzz on all tier-1 platforms, and text rendering performance equal to or better than Firefox 3.6.
  • [ON TRACK] Ship Firefox 4 final with full WebGL 1.0 support turned on by default on all platforms that support OpenGL.
  • [DONE] Integrate Opentype santizer library
  • [ON TRACK] Play back video on Fennec without blocking on main content thread

  • [ON TRACK] Integrate codec ARM optimizations
  • [ON TRACK] Ship indexedDB

  • [ON TRACK] Ship HTML5 parser
  • [ON TRACK] Ship HTML5 forms (current set)
  • [ON TRACK] Ship GC compartments work
  • [ON TRACK] Proof of concept implementation of a proxy based DOM binding
  • [ON TRACK] 30% performance improvment on the Cal_* tests in Zimbra
  • Performance 15% improved over Oct 1 Sunspider perfomance

  • Performance 15% improved over Oct 1 v8 performance
  • Continuous ARMv7 Android and Maemo JS Shell regression and performance testing in place
  • [ON TRACK] Drive blocker list to zero.

  • [ON TRACK] Develop implementation plan for OOP content accessibility.
  • [ON TRACK] Fix and ship multi-process plugins on Mac

  • [ON TRACK] Fix and ship asynchronous plugin painting on all plaforms
  • [ON TRACK] Fix and ship content processes on Fennec

Layout

  • 66 blockers in Layout+SVG+Video+Widget

Tree Management

  • FF4.0b8 was bumpy. Sorry

    • changes to RelEng automation caused several different l10n problems

    • addon max version check caused problem with Feedback button
    • more details after postmortem – stay tuned.
  • yesterday’s tree closure caused by un-expected change to graphserver, which was surprise to RelEng and IT. Backed out.
  • ok to turn off ts_cold?
  • securing RelEng systems – will require build-vpn

Roundtable

  • (Beltzner) next week’s meeting on or cancelled?

  • (joduinn) moderate platform+firefox meetings like the mofo meeting? deal with voip-delays, irc, etc.
  • Crash Summary
    • Very few users on Beta8 so far. A few new signatures starting with QQ. We will watch those as the users increase.

    • Explosive regression on the trunk – https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=619933. Waiting to verify if it was fixed by another bug.
    • A bunch of new crash signatures on the trunk – in the process of logging those.

21-December-2010

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2010-12-20

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Video for today’s meeting

<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2010-12-20.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis””/></video>

Friends of the Tree

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 20 December

  • 2pm-5pm Meeting with product team from Intuit; Cantina at 5pm in 10 Forward

Tuesday, 21 December

Wednesday, 22 December

Thursday, 23 December

Friday, 24 December

Next Week

Product Status Updates

Firefox 4

  • The 8th update to the Firefox 4 Beta for Desktop is spun, being validated, and on its way out the door in the next day or two.

    • Working out a kink with the feedback extension, but it’s understood and not expected to take long
  • The Great Retriage last week cleared over 350 blockers, and since then another 40 have already been cleared.

Firefox 3.6 and 3.5

  • Draft schedules posted for 3.6.14 and 3.5.17

    • View it online

    • Code freeze is tentatively 2011-01-17
    • Final ship is tentatively 2011-02-08
  • The “scary” advertised update for 3.0 users has been pushed back until January

Mobile Firefox

Thunderbird

Drumbeat

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Community Building in Africa

Mary acting as William Quiviger’s stunt double

Intro on the emerging communities + their progress

Slides

Check out Mozilla Ghana’s site and Mozilla Tunisia’s site
Overview of MozTW

Tim Chien

Intro on MozTW from visiting community member

http://moztw.org/

http://moztw.org/events/
http://moztw.org/demo/audioplayer/
http://gfx.tw/
http://translate.moztw.org/narro/

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

  • F1 update: Yahoo Mail & Google Apps integration, F1 as a shortcut key

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

QA Org Highlights
  • General

    • Numerous meetings and great interaction @ all hands work week 2010
  • Desktop Firefox
    • Testing on Beta8 continues this week, should have signoff Tues or Weds.
  • Browser Technologies
    • shipped Fennec Beta3
  • Web QA
    • Ship AMO 5.12.4.x

    • Ship SUMO 2.4
    • Ship Socorro 1.7.5.4
    • Ship Mozilla.com
    • Ship another Firefox Live

Automation & Tools

Security

Engagement

PR

Contributor

Creative Team

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

16-December-2010

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-15

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/15-Dec-2010

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

  • Beta 3

    • Code freeze: Jan 6

Major Topics for This Week

  • Beta 3

Front-end

UX design

  • getting Personas icons, etc., made for mask.xpi

  • if it doesn’t conflict with other testing, please test out the add-on

Maemo

Qt

Android

  • Major keyboard regression fixed by backout

Electrolysis

General Platform

Video

Camera

Plugins

Performance

Networking

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

Release Engineering

  • 4.0b3

    • built.

    • updateless marketplace android build? first i’ve heard of it; please ping (aki)
  • tegras
    • still broken; ateam, aki, bear working on this.

    • tracked in bug 610600 dependency list

QA

Other

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-15

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Firefox/Planning/2010-12-15

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 4 (Desktop)

  • builds of beta 8 started last night

    • a few locales are broken, see bug 619258 as an example

    • RelEng re-spinning all localized repacks, no rebuild will be needed
  • QA on the en-US builds will begin today
    • most smoketests alrady complete

    • should be ready by Tuesday at the latest
  • tentative schedule (likely will be altered during the meeting today)
    • Dec 20: web content ready

    • Dec 21: QA complete
    • Dec 22: ship
  • engineering teams are engaging in The Great Re-triage of all existing blockers

    • already 100 bugs taken off the list

    • focus is on cutting back feature set and shipping what we have
    • may move some features to be behind preferences in order to get to completion
    • will be able to estimate time to product completion after this

Firefox 4 (Mobile)

  • builds of beta 3 started last night

  • locales are not broken like desktop
  • testing should take about same amount of time as desktop
  • Firefox Home update submitted to Apple App Store, currently under review

Firefox 3.6/3.5

  • No known issues with 3.6.13/3.5.16

  • New advertised update dialog may not be ready, waiting on status (bug 615751)
  • Draft 3.6.14/3.5.17 schedules posted:
    • View it

    • Subscribe to it
    • Code freeze 2011-01-17
    • Final ship 2011-02-08
    • Please give feedback. The schedule is a bit long due to holidays, FF4, updater changes

Add-on Builder 1.0a6

Input 2.0

Highlights / Notices

  • Compartments Issue and Status Bar issue Fixed, plus we have more ADUs.
Issue

SUMO

Input

Buglink
Flash has artifacts that overlay chrome (Flash-related)

6

214

bug 590568
[Cannot Reproduce] Vkontakte Page constantly reloads and HTML5 Video isn’t running

50
Flash-related crashes

40-50 just flash related (not all crashes)

2020

Refresh/reload button moved

15

314+216

Netflix streaming player doesn’t work OSX

28

203

was bug 598406
Amazon lightning deals don’t show

10

23

bug 579119

Questions and Concerns

  • Not a concern, but people should know mozilla.com redesign is slated to go live tomorrow

Press & Public Reactions

15-December-2010

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2010-12-14

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

CLOSED

K.I.V.

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn’t hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.

SeaMonkey 2.0.11

open blockers (0)
blocker requests (0)
fixed (49)

  • Released on December 9!

SeaMonkey 2.0.12

open blockers (1)
blocker requests (0)
fixed (13)

  • Based on Gecko 1.9.1.17, target date TDB, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.17.

SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2

open blockers (2)
blocker requests (5)
targeted (3)
fixed (67)

(Further 2.1 scheduling:)

  • Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.

  • Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in early December; final to be decided later.
    • We’ll probably close for the beta2 once SyncUI has landed.
  • Unsure how this fits Firefox 4 plans as they are still trying to get to their feature freeze.
  • Firefox 4 now officially being in early 2011, which gives us a bit more time.
    • As Firefox is now going RC in January, it makes sense to do a short-cycle b3 and try to match it with FF4RC. We can then make make b3 the final feature and string freeze, to be followed by 2.1pre.
  • Beta 1 on PPC is broken.
    • We have stopped PPC builds.

    • We have converted our Mac boxes to 64bit switched Mac trunk to Intel 32/64bit universal builds.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 31 new, 27 fixed, 206 triaged.

  • Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!

  • SeaMonkey Triage Week – Report:
    • 32 bugs moved to other products

    • 201 bugs triaged in product SeaMonkey
    • 44 bugs marked as CLOSEME 2011-02-01
    • 14 bugs marked CLOSEME INVA/WONT?
    • Unfortunately there were very few people outside the regular team and there weren’t that many people doing triage. Perhaps the announcement was too short in time before the actual triage week.
    • Next time, we should try to get an article on QMO. Aleksej seemed interested.
    • Also doing smaller packages in shorter sprints e.g. 2 to 3 days would be less exhausting. In the second half of the week, the triage rate dropped significantly.

Open reviews/flags:
46 review
17 super-review
0 ui-review
3 feedback

Major wanted/needed features:

2.1

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port.

  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze is currently job hunting so doesn’t have much time to spend on this.

    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.

    • The rest is unowned so far.
    • MReimer’s drawing tablet broke some time back so he stopped working on theme icons. We should look into asking Mozilla’s Direct Giving Program.
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 – Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
  • bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|
  • bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry
  • bug 401417 Add an option for a search box in SeaMonkey toolbar
Active
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]

    • Waiting for Mnyromyr to implement persist functions in tabmail.
  • bug 570004 Popup/”doorhanger” notifications [Neil]
    • Implementation moved to bug 595810.

    • Done for geolocation, pwmgr and addonmgr. Except for lwthemes, which in firefox is currently a frankennotification. The install success is a notificationbox but the needs restart is a doorhanger.
  • bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar [mcsmurf]
    • mcsmurf isn’t around to report.
  • bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
    • Waiting for review of Preferences part, moved dialogs part to bug 618709. Still some way to go (themes part, dependent bugs) even after that. Feel free to take over the themes part (in a new bug)…
  • bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow [Ratty].
    • Fixed ui-review comments from stefanh. Waiting for review from IanN.
  • bug 588067 Switch SeaMonkey to use omnijar for nightly/release builds [KaiRo]
    • A first patch is up for review, slightly more work and testing needed for other platforms and edge cases.

We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted
Also the nominations need triaging.

  • We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.

    • Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 3 will be Gecko 2.0-based.

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Aqualon

Done:

  • Triage Week

To Do:

  • Have a look at comments in bug 601091. Don’t know if I can make any progress there before Christmas.

asrail

Callek

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 614274 (SM2.0.11) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.0.11.

  • bug 614543 Specify a default hg user name on Linux slaves.
  • bug 615459 configure deps not set correctly since LDAP move to hg.

In process:

  • bug 573896 [Tracker] Callek needs to get access to edit seamonkeyproject-org.

To Do:

  • bug 613814 Port |bug 469880. Support a libnotify-based implementation of nsIAlertsService for GTK.| to c-c.

  • bug 603919 nsHTMLInputElement.cpp: ‘changed’ event should be sent even if we can’t store the last used directory (for <input type=’file’>).
  • bug 615196 [SeaMonkey 2.0, linux64 (dep) 'build'] new OTS code causes “/usr/bin/ld: gfxUserFontSet.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against ‘ots::Process(…)’ can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC”.

ewong

  • Fixed:

    • bug 611029 – Move abSelectAddressesDialog.xul to /suite/mailnews.
  • Working on:

    • bug 418896 – profileserver.py.in shouldn’t need to be preprocessed.(under review)

    • bug 601562 – Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to PluginProblem.css
    • bug 612030 – Remove region.dtd and fix about.xhtml, mail start.xhtml etc. (Review-ready)
  • To Do:

    • bug 606482 – _install_-updates preference wrongly labeled with “_check_ for”.
  • Investigating:

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Working on:
    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition.

    • Prefs-in-a-tab.

InvisibleSmiley

KaiRo

  • Helped Callek to bring the 2.0.11 process further along and pushed it to the beta channel.

  • Did most of the final steps for the 2.0.11 release, but improved documentation so Callek can take over more in the future.
  • Added the new versions to the crash-stats server (bug 614306).
  • Turned on check tests for Linux64 (bug 556668).
  • Upgraded SeaMonkey buildmaster to buildbot 0.8 (bug 567035).
  • Installed simplejson on Linux slaves (bug 618668).
  • Filed a bug on Linux leak test hangs, possibly related to a problem with starting offline (bug 616520). This was a core bug that has been resolved.
  • Updated patch on Firefox places cleanup (bug 588027).
  • Filed a bug for retrieving the best available icon for a domain from favicon service (bug 615602).
  • Tahoe Data Manager 1.3 is public on AMO now.
  • Landed tab icon for Data Manager (bug 615014).
  • Landed view loading code for Data Manager (bug 588418).
  • Updated site-specific prefs patch for reviews and finally landed it (bug 386363).
  • Worked on a patch for omnijarring SeaMonkey (bug 588067).
  • Implemented warning for old builds with updates disabled (bug 581319), filed bug 618687 to get the same into Firefox.
  • Made the bookmarks panel an arrow panel (bug 590105).
  • Switched SeaMonkey website to new donation page (bug 618032).
  • Got a new mailing list set up to talk organizational stuff that can’t be public yet, but should have the core of the community involved.
  • Published new SeaMonkey review rules.
  • Got blog post out on the triage week.
  • Took part in the SeaMonkey Triage Week.
  • Synced the German localization with SeaMonkey trunk.
  • Helped to get life look nice, reviewed and landed on trunk.
  • As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.

mcsmurf

Fixed:

  • bug 600179 LDAP DLLs reference compiler debug DLLs when building a non-debug build.

Working on:

  • bug 609106 Add plugin-container.exe to ShimInclusionList via installer.

Misak

Bugs fixed:

Working on:

Mnyromyr

Working on:

  • bug 455678 do correct cleanup after idcheck test.

  • bug 486965 Prettify MailNews start page.
  • bug 518545 middle click on scrollbar opens selected message in a new tab.

MReimer

Working on:

  • bug 614587 client.py should allow to clone from HG via HTTPS.

  • bug 616110 “Error: undefined entity // panels.rdf // sidebar.search.label” on profile first use.

Neil

Fixed:

  • bug 530406 Search for “Age in days” uses “is” with “is less than” default, works fine when manually selected.

  • bug 605972 Use balloon tips to notify new messages.
  • bug 616815 CRs in nsComposerCmdLineHandler.manifest msgViewPickerOverlay.js pref-validation.xul.
  • bug 616816 CRs in nsMsgXFViewThread.cpp nsIMailboxUrl.idl certFetchingStatus.js mimecms.cpp.

Working on:

  • bug 583317 Update status bar correctly after tab switching and Add calls to listeners for onUpdateCurrentBrowser. Port of bug 327604 and bug 331938.

  • bug 593525 Deleting a mail message from a collapsed mail thread causes all the other messages to disappear from the subject pane but the next message in the thread appears in the message display window.
  • bug 594776 Notifications for installing lwthemes with non-default themes (port bug 592338) [patch checked in].
  • bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
  • bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense.
  • bug 615974 guess-msvc.bat doesn’t actually show the guessed msvc…
  • Society for the Eradication of DOS Line Endings:
    • bug 616808 CRs in fullscreen-video.xhtml browser-charsetmenu.inc browser-tabPreviews.js.

    • bug 616810 CRs in cl.py generatesnippet.py buildlist.py upload.py util.py implicit.py.
    • bug 616811 CRs in aboutCacheEntry.css aboutCache.css LightweightThemeConsumer.jsm actions.dtd.
    • bug 616812 CRs in nsTimeRanges.cpp PaintTracker.cpp PaintTracker.h.
    • bug 616813 CRs in NSSErrorsService.h NSSErrorsService.cpp.
  • bug 617578 Except on OS/2, non-customisable menubars don’t display properly with lightweight themes.
  • bug 618268 Tidy up the star panel a little.

Ratty

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 116114 Links from Address Cards must have same behaviour as for links from MailNews.

  • bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data in functions loading entries e.g. from places. [Part 1 loadURI() checked in]

Working on:

  • bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow. [Waiting for review]

  • bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data [Part 2 openTabWith/openWindowWith].
  • bug 617011 composeStartup() Fixups.

TODO:

Investigating:

  • Implement bug 611162 browser.urlbar.doubleClickSelectsAll from the firefox urlbar binding.

Other:

  • Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.

    • Bug Triage Week: Followed up on triaged bugs and closing several of them (INVALID, WONTFIX, WORKSFORME]. Confirmed a few as NEW. Commented on others.
  • AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.

Ricardo

  • Have not taken another help bug because I don’t have spare time these days, sorry.

sgautherie

  • Fixed MailNews Core bugs:

    • bug 545343 Port |Bug 526451 – allow to build gconf and gnomevfs/gio support independently| to comm-central
  • Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
    • bug 615045 [SeaMonkey] check: TestTXMgr.cpp (nsITransactionManager tests) intermittently times out in “Aggregate Transaction Stress Test”

    • bug 615923 mochitests-2: intermittent “test_fallback.html | Exited with code 1 during test run” (ASSERTION: XPConnect is being called on a scope without a ‘Components’ property!)
    • bug 369034 TestTXMgr has error and leaks object
    • bug 508760 Remove MSVC6 support from the tree
    • bug 589471 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-plain-5] permanent “toolkit/components/satchel/test/test_form_submission.html | Test timed out.”
    • bug 615546 SimpleTest.finish() should be asynchronous

stefanh

  • Did some reviews

  • Fixed:
    • bug 613358 Polish the mailNews search dialog on Mac and also fix some obsolete styles (all OS).
  • Working on:
    • bug 614382 Polish the Edit filter dialog on Mac and also fix some obsolete styles (all OS).

    • bug 615589 -moz-mac-focusring color should be keyboardFocusIndicatorColor (NSColor).
  • Waiting on reviews:
    • bug 611759 [Pinstripe] Remove ‘-moz-appearance: treeheadersortarrow’ from listbox.css/tree.css.

Any other business?

  • William saying that not all people sent their reimbursement papers for the Vienna meeting, that’s why he hasn’t processed them.

    • Has William written to the people where he’s missing something? Some people (like Aqualon) don’t need any reimbursement for example.
  • When Mozilla 2.0 branches, we’ll move to having 2.1* be fromm comm-central + mozilla-2.0, so is it OK to make comm-central + mozilla-central be 2.2a1pre then?
    • 2.5 or 3.0 would be nice. However since that’s some time in the future we can decide later but at the moment we should set the trunk to 2.2a1pre after mozilla-2.0 branches. We can always change version numbers to something, higher, but not something lower (due to the update system).
  • Due to the Christmas holidays, most people won’t be around much on the 28th so the next meeting shall be in four weeks time on 11th January, same Bat Channel, same Bat Time!

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-12-14

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 2 Thunderbird 3.1.7 & 3.0.11
  • Release ETA: January
  • Code freeze: 23rd Nov 23:59

  • L10n freeze: 23rd Nov 23:59
  • Builds start: 24th Nov
  • QA with builds start: 29th Nov
  • Beta period starts: 30th Nov
  • Final release: 9th Dec

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> gozer

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • Funnel cake 3 numbers show a conversion rate of 34% compared to Funnel Cake 1 of 28.5%.

  • Planning for Funnel Cake 4 to continue watching trend.
  • ISPDB: 41% success rate. Top misses: psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, interia.pl, locaweb.com.br, aon.at, netsolmail.net, telnet-ops.be, one.com, telenet.be, emailsrvr.com

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

Pluggable Mail Stores (bug 402392): berkeley and maildir stores pass all mailnews xpcshell tests. Checking mozmill and mail xpcshell tests next.

Experiments

Thunderbird Conversations
  • Thunderbird Conversations released. Thanks to everyone for relaying the news. This has been on Lifehacker, Reddit, GHacks, and various other websites. Lots of retweets.

  • A few comments on Twitter and the blog post. Went from 92 downloads/day to 1500. Statistics were initially pretty good, except there hasn’t been a significant increase in the number of users as I expected. Low retention rate, I suspect people are afraid of Trunk.
  • Lots of bugs reported. Still a lot of open bugs. Managed to kill a few, the fixes are in the nightly versions.
  • Next: Andy and Bryan have some work to do and a few things to help me on, I think we can aim for a new release maybe before Christmas with mostly bugfixes in, or maybe next year.

Trunk (Miramar) Development

  • Landing OmniJAR today

  • Active branches.
  • Next Alpha: Early January.
  • Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
  • blocking criteria :
    • Alpha 1 -> Serious usability issues.

    • After -> not real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.

3.2

  • Decision on if/when we’ll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • 3.0.11 and 3.1.7 released.

  • Planning to shut down 3.0.x nightly builds after Wednesday 15th, now that 3.0.x is end-of-life.
  • The wiki page on the process for landing security patches has now been made generic so that it applies to all security and stability branches.
  • Bug Lists: 3.1
Major updates to 3.1
  • 2.0.0.24 -> 3.1.7 Major Update refresh this week.

QA Updates

  • Thunderbird Releases last week

  • Working on global plan for next year
  • Have a look at Thunderbird:Testing if you want to help :)

Marketing Updates

  • Press Update: Lots of press on the latest update, tied to Firefox update press. Good coverage on Conversation View 1 2 3

  • ADUs: 6.7MM TOtal ADUs, 15% on Thunderbird 2.x
  • Attended Add-ons conference last week: slides/summary here and here
  • This week – All Hands

Infrastructure Update

  • Buildbot 0.8: Upgraded

  • Core Network overhauled
  • Hardware racked, powering on

Build / Release Update

  • Win32 builder issues – downgraded to Twisted 2.5.0

  • More Mac64 builders on the way
  • More Linux and Win32 builders on the new hardware. Will experiment.

Web Update

  • reviewed and pushed a bunch of website patches

  • Broker(Account Provisioning back-end) in momo github

Documentation

Communication Channels

I (protz) just created a new wiki page Thunderbird/CommunicationChannels that lists all the communication channels we have. There’s also a post on tb-planning. Please make sure you read the page (it’s short) an add any items I might have forgotten. Once it’s polished enough, we should probably link to this page from the official website, MDN, and other entry points for newcomers.

This tries to answer the concerns raised some time ago on mdat about the lack of communication. Update wanted for Thunderbird:Thunderbird_Post_3.1_Plan.

Sumomo

Other

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 494 new support topics +17% from last week (423 last week; this week is still a bit down from normal, near Christmas effect?)

  2. 3.1 Support Issues
  3. Trialling Good Data enhanced analytics for Get Satisfaction – lots of great info-viz stuff, need to change it to weekly instead of monthly – example graphic of Average time to 1st Response to a GS topic in 2010 (it’s decreasing which is good!): https://wiki.mozilla.org/File:Average_Time_to_First_Reply_by_Topic_2010-_GoodData.png
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Platform/2010-12-14

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

Blocker Report

Firefox 4 Beta

Firefox Development

(from our goals):

Firefox

  • [ON TRACK] API-Complete Jetpack

    • Joint with Jetpack team

    • Currently working towards feature-complete beta SDK
  • [ON TRACK] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis

Developer Tools

  • [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
  • [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
  • [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support

Platform

(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)

  • [DONE] Javascript performance near or even with Chrome 5 on their benchmarks (within 20% on SS, 30% on V8), with substantial wins on our benchmarks. (Windows, in-browser.)

  • [DONE] Hardware acceleration of video and other HTML and SVG content, as well as user interface, on by default for compatible hardware on all Tier-1 desktop and mobile platforms.
  • [DONE] Fully support the WebGL 1.0 spec, with support turned on by default in a Firefox 4 beta on platforms that support OpenGL or OpenGL ES.
  • [MISSED] security: zero reproducible high/crit > 30 days
  • [DONE] Support multi-process Fennec.
  • [DONE] Support Jetpacks running in separate processes and never blocking the Fennec UI. NOTE: jetpack team hasn’t actually integrated this code yet, but it works in small test environments.

Layout

  • 89 blockers in Layout+SVG+Video (before retriage)

  • Reftest harness is currently not reliable for plugin-related tests; fixes will land soon.

Tree Management

Roundtable

14-December-2010

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-13

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-12-13

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 2 Thunderbird 3.1.7 & 3.0.11
  • Release ETA: January
  • Code freeze: 23rd Nov 23:59

  • L10n freeze: 23rd Nov 23:59
  • Builds start: 24th Nov
  • QA with builds start: 29th Nov
  • Beta period starts: 30th Nov
  • Final release: 9th Dec

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> gozer

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

Pluggable Mail Stores (bug 402392):

Experiments

Thunderbird Conversations
  • Thunderbird Conversations released. Thanks to everyone for relaying the news. This has been on Lifehacker, Reddit, GHacks, and various other websites. Lots of retweets.

  • A few comments on Twitter and the blog post. Went from 92 downloads/day to 1500. Statistics were initially pretty good, except there hasn’t been a significant increase in the number of users as I expected. Low retention rate, I suspect people are afraid of Trunk.
  • Lots of bugs reported. Still a lot of open bugs. Managed to kill a few, the fixes are in the nightly versions.
  • Next: Andy and Bryan have some work to do and a few things to help me on, I think we can aim for a new release maybe before Christmas with mostly bugfixes in, or maybe next year.

Trunk (Miramar) Development

  • Active branches.

  • Next Alpha: Early January.
  • Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
  • blocking criteria :
    • Alpha 1 -> Serious usability issues.

    • After -> not real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.

3.2

  • Decision on if/when we’ll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • 3.0.11 and 3.1.7 released.

  • Planning to shut down 3.0.x nightly builds after Wednesday 15th, now that 3.0.x is end-of-life.
  • The wiki page on the process for landing security patches has now been made generic so that it applies to all security and stability branches.
  • Bug Lists: 3.1
Major updates to 3.1
  • 2.0.0.24 -> 3.1.7 Major Update refresh this week.

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

Infrastructure Update

Build / Release Update

Web Update

Documentation

Support

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

9-December-2010

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-08

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/08-Dec-2010

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

Major Topics for This Week

Front-end

UX design

  • looking through “ux-feedback” marked bugs http://bit.ly/eoYCaX

  • writing b3 UI blog post
  • working with caitlin and thomas on first-run/start-page changes for betas and final

Maemo

Qt

Android

Electrolysis

General Platform

Video

Camera

Plugins

Performance

Networking

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

Release Engineering

  • tegras

    • need new image (new froyo image from nvidia; new sut agent)

    • imaging netbook took a dump, but rebuilt
    • various test suites are hanging, may cut down the list
    • new tegras seem to be asset tagged; not in dns. poking IT
    • hoping to have something in production this week, but feeling 50/50 right now
  • MOZ_CHROME_MULTILOCALE
  • 1.1.1
    • still need to do a staging run of this. will most likely branch old buildbot-configs/buildbotcustom code.

QA

Manual

  • New Bugs over the week: filed

  • Stability checks to androidfeedback mailinglist today
  • Regression hunting before b3. Also, starting up plans for a check around sync via the android feedback mailing list (once the changes are in and stable)
  • Release test wiki for beta 3 is up. Assignments are subject to change, but things that’ll be done are set.
  • Results from nightly Smoketest runs
  • Aakash is on vacation on 12/14-12/21

Automation

  • adding more green mochitests, 2 bugs filed and could use a quick look:

    • bug 617375 – mochitest: seems to fail on border radius when we set overflow to scroll

    • bug 617372 – mochitest fails because it is expecting sans-serif and it gets serif
  • working with releng on the tegra automation

Other

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-08

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Firefox/Planning/2010-12-08

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 4 (Desktop)

  • 4.0.beta8

    • blocking: 196

    • fixed: 184
    • open: 12

Will possibly branch on Thursday regardless to unblock mobile trunk work. Still discussing, will know more on Thursday.

Firefox 4 (Mobile)

Firefox 3.6/3.5

  • Build #3 for 3.6.13 went out to beta on Monday

  • Plan to ship 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 tomorrow

Add-on Builder 1.0a7

  • All deliverables are on-track

  • All-Hands plans going out to the team today
  • Read the wiki for the rest of the info on 1.0a7

Input 2.1

  • Starting development work on 3.0 and targeting code freeze for end of December (with release in early January).

Highlights / Notices

  • Two new issues cropping up–Netflix and Amazon.
Issue

SUMO

Input

Buglink
Flash has artifacts that overlay chrome (Flash-related)

6

110

bug 590568
Status Bar Removal

120+ (includes many other threads)

542

bug 574688
Tuenti.com–Pages Don’t load (Compartments?)

428

bug 601803
[Cannot Reproduce] Vkontakte Page constantly reloads and HTML5 Video isn’t running

83
Flash-related crashes

40-50 just flash related (not all crashes)

1135

Refresh/reload button moved

15

314+216

Netflix streaming player doesn’t work OSX

28

27

was bug 522957 needs new bug
Amazon lightning deals don’t show

20

134

bug 579119

Questions and Concerns

Press & Public Reactions

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress