Meeting Notes

24-February-2011

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/23-Feb-2011

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

  • Beta 5

    • Prepare for launch
  • RC 1
    • Code freeze: TDB (Mar 8 seems likely)

    • Nightlies are “4.0b6pre” but we don’t anticipate a Beta 6

Major Topics for This Week

Front-end

  • Working on final blockers

  • Working on performance, rendering and memory usages bugs
  • We are string frozen
    • Any string related patches need explicit approval!

UX design

Maemo

Qt

Android

Electrolysis

General Platform

Video

Camera

Plugins

Performance

Networking

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

Release Engineering

  • tegras

    • new clientproxy, new screen resolution live as of ~9pm PST Tues Feb 22.

      • may see shifted numbers.

      • comparative numbers: 18? running over 3 day weekend, left with 1 running on tuesday. yesterday: 16 switched over, 4 fell over but 2 were rescuable. we’re working on that but now that they’re more maintainable we’re going to focus on more talos suites.
    • ETA for IP controlled power is today; ETA for moving the tegras to the new room is EOW.
    • unit tests + new talos suites in progress — mochitests running in staging.
  • Should we port maemo single locale repacks to buildbot 0.8?
  • Putting fewer mobile releases on mirrors
  • Stuart and Ioana are unable to update Android nightlies; anyone else?

QA

Other

  • Zippity is live. Zippity is a crowdsource system to collect and present data (mainly performance data) from tests run on Firefox Mobile.

    • The Test Harness add-on will post to Zippity

    • MFinkle is posting automated Tp runs to Zippity
  • QA testday this Friday, 2/23, on beta 5

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Firefox/Planning/2011-02-23

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 4 (Desktop)

  • Branched and built for beta 12 last night

    • Thanks for the great work everyone!
  • Nightlies will be frozen for a couple days on the beta 12 changeset to get additional coverage while QA qualifies the build
    • l10n might be on a later changeset (see bug 636127)
  • Everyone should be working on final hardblockers
  • Check out http://canweshipyet.com/ to get an idea of when we are ready for a RC

Firefox 4 (Mobile)

Firefox 3.6/3.5

Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17

Firefox 3.6.15 and 3.5.18

  • Waiting on the above

Firefox Sync

Add-on Builder 1.0a9

  • [ftw] maintenance release is almost code complete, release expected March 3rd

  • feature release is being worked on in tandem, all features are currently on-track
  • will be putting together a blurb for Erica to spread amongst the tech press.

Add-on SDK 1.0b3

  • froze last Wednesday, February 16

  • RC1 last Thursday, February 17
  • RC2 today, Wednesday, February 23
  • release scheduled for Friday, February 25

Add-on SDK 1.0b4

  • thawed yesterday, Tuesday, February 22

  • tentative plan includes API enhancements, new APIs, architectural improvements
  • freezes Wednesday, March 16
  • ships Wednesday, March 23

Input 3.3

Input 3.2 was released last night. It mostly consisted of spring cleaning our code

  • ETA for 3.3 is 3/15 (possibly earlier)

  • Features: Dashboard for “Suggestions” and release dates marked on graphs

Feedback Summary

  • Didn’t find any major new issues this week–numbers of complaints remained relatively stable this week.
Issue

SUMO

Input

Buglink
Unable to switch search engines/locks up when using search bar

33+4

406 110

bug 631746
Double title bars when first using Firefox b11 Maybe Firebug

100

No complaints of this on input this week

bug 633611
Firefox 4 Beta 11 Slower than Beta 10

651 104

Hotmail Constantly Reloading

[1][2]

3135

bug 627729
Facebook Chat not working

144

Flash-related crashes (fb games, gmail,

1230 1087

Font Rendering on Windows

176

bug 594325 bug 612846 bug 629857
Netflix streaming player doesn’t work OSX

85

was bug 598406
DivX player doesn’t work

35 (302+ overall)

50

Broken Panorama (missing button, changed shortcut)

50+ from: [3][4][5][6]

128

bug 624588
No save & close dialog when closing Firefox w/multiple tabs

40-ish from: [7][8][9][10]

267

caused by bug 592822 bug 550559
Gmail Locks Up

5

204

Highlights / Notices

Questions and Concerns

Press & Public Reactions

23-February-2011

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-02-22

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 3 Thunderbird 3.1.8
TBD

  • Code freeze: 18 Jan 23:59

  • L10n freeze: 18 Jan 23:59
  • Builds start: 19/20 Jan
  • QA with builds start: 21 Jan
  • Beta period starts: Week of 24 Jan
  • Build 2 starts: 7th Feb
  • Build 2 Beta period starts: 8th/9th Feb
  • Final release: TBD

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Usul/Ludo

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

  • Contracts continue to be worked on.

  • Standard8 is working on making a version that’s bundled with TB for wider testing.
  • Bryan and I are implementing a new UI with both free and paid account options.
  • We will likely ship 3.3 with only limited integration with free accounts.

Search Integration:

  • First version released! Woo!

  • Working on alternate UI for second version.
  • We want more feedback so more communication.

Experiments

Thunderbird Conversations
  • Bug fixes, mostly.

  • Launched l10n work on Babelzilla.
  • Considering releasing an alpha3, maybe when Thunderbird 3.3 is out…
Compose in a tab
  • Now working properly, and using the backend send functions from thunderbird-stdlib.

  • Attachments support.
  • Many more fixes, does not depend on Contacts anymore for the autocomplete.
  • Huge cleanup of the code.
  • Still need to implement saving/edit drafts + autosave, and then will release a new version.
  • Goal is to try to get some people interested in the project so that they can contribute and improve the thing.
  • Lots of issues, will blog about this.
Thunderbird Sync

Trunk (Miramar) Development

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

QA Updates

  • Maintaining Bugzilla

  • tester’s mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.

Marketing Updates

Infrastructure Update

  • VM migrations all around

  • Core networking failure (Thursday)
  • Added server VM capacity
  • Kitsune, now with search (new support site) Staging

Build / Release Update

Web Update

  • Export script for tiki wiki articles and logging script done

  • Start prototyping TB download page optimizations this week/early next week

Documentation

  • tracking progress with MDC switch to kitsune (code name “Kuma”)

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 610 new support topics (again don’t know why it’s up,normal is 400-500, last week 655)

  2. 3.1 Support Issues
  3. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

  • String freeze for 1.0b3 this week.

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

dmose, me, bwinton,gozer,jhopkins,jenzed,sancus,roland,philipp

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Platform/2011-02-22

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

Firefox 4

  • only two hard blockers left for betaN+

    • need to get those sorted today

    • will do triage after this meeting, don’t think there are any betaN+ blockers in there
    • hoping to send go to build tonight and start on QA estimate

Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17

  • Had a meeting about these builds today (see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.6.14/Tactical_planning )

  • Decided to go with Option #2 – Ship 3.6.14 build #3 and 3.5.17 build #1 (aka do slightly less than nothing)
  • We’ll qualify build #3 today, go to beta tomorrow, and ship it as final on Tuesday, 2011-03-01
    • I’ll be updating and messaging this in assorted places

Firefox 3.6.15 and 3.5.18

  • Still holding on the above releases

Blocker Report

Firefox 4 Beta

Firefox Development

We have 1 hard blocker left.

Who needs help?

Platform

GFX

  • 2 hardblockers, 0 beta blockers.

  • bug 635044 – Our first GFX blacklist entry.
    • Has been verified in staging; needs to be pushed live.

JS

  • Landed a bunch of memory saving patches.

  • Merge today for remaining beta blockers.

Layout

  • 3 hardblockers, all with patches

Plugins

Content

Tree Management

  • Android Talos on tegras held up over the weekend :-)

    • went from 18 (friday afternoon) to 1 (this morning)

    • bringing rest online as power/space get fixed

Stability Report

Roundtable

  • Skype!

17-February-2011

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-16

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/16-Feb-2011

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

  • Beta 5

    • Code Freeze Today

    • No blockers!

Major Topics for This Week

Front-end

  • Watching for any Beta 5 regressions

  • Working on performance, rendering and memory usages bugs
  • Working on final blockers
  • Not quite final string frozen yet
    • Waiting to land a patch after we branch for Beta 5

UX design

  • design fix proposed for this blocker: bug 611580

  • form assistant fixes look promising; to land after b5
  • working on post-4.0 awesomescreen concepts, including tablet designs

Maemo

Qt

Android

Electrolysis

General Platform

Video

Camera

Plugins

Performance

  • More improvements this week:

    • Tp dropped 3.8% from last week

    • Ts dropped 1.5% from last week
    • Rendering speed while panning is improved (reduces checkerboards)

Networking

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

  • Checkerboard renders faster

  • We fixed several “checkerboard won’t go away after I do X” situations
  • Flash of checkerboard at the end of a pan was fixed

Memory Usage

  • Reduced amount of memory used by Sync if user is not using Sync

    • Might be more we can do too
  • Reduced amount of memory used to decode video that were not playing

Release Engineering

  • tegras

    • clientproxy script refactored to be simpler, more robust

    • updated imaging scripts for new screen resolution
    • handed off imaging to IT intern. all remaining tegras asset tagged; all but 28 tegras imaged with new screen resolution.
    • currently looking for more power before bringing up the final batch of tegras.
    • ip-controlled power switches to arrive late next week; IT will build out new server room for tegras after those arrive.
    • handed off tegra unit test work to bhearsum for more parallelization
  • lsblakk signed up for 4.0b5

QA

Other

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-16

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Firefox/Planning/2011-02-16

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 4 (Desktop)

Firefox 4 (Mobile)

Firefox 3.6/3.5

Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17

  • Still investigating the startup crash “regression” on 3.6.14 (bug 633869)

  • Looks like it’s caused by frankenbuilds…older dlls and updated exe
  • Not sure if it is a regression, happened before (and on mozilla-central)
  • Investigating if we made it worse with 3.6.14 changes
  • Adobe is pressing for a release due to a public CSRF issue
  • Once we get more data today, deciding proper way forward
    • Option 1: Release what we have for 3.6.14 and 3.5.17

    • Option 2: Release 3.6.13+CSRF fix as 3.6.14 and the current 3.5.17
    • Option 3: Release 3.6.13+CSRF fix as 3.6.14 and 3.5.16+CSRF fix as 3.5.17
  • Seamonkey release is dependent on 3.5.17 and Thunderbird is dependent on 3.6.14

Firefox 3.6.15 and 3.5.18

  • Waiting to send draft schedule until 3.6.14/3.5.17 are resolved

Firefox Sync

Add-on Builder 1.0a9

  • Builder 1.0a8 was release last Thursday and has been very well received by users. I saw an immediate up tick in account linking from AMO and add-on creation through the Builder.

    • Unsolicited-real-life-true-story feedback: “Great, I have it [my add-on] working now. Mozilla also updated the online addon Builder so it’s clear where your data directory is, very nice. Thanks for your help.” – “..the text editor is a LOT better :)”
  • Starting with 1.0a9 there will be a change in the release structure, most notably, the addition of a maintenance release two weeks after the preceding feature release.
  • Still gunning for a beta 1 after release 1.0a10 (two releases away)

Add-on SDK 1.0b3

  • froze today at 11am

  • many bug fixes landed, plus big docs improvements
  • loader and e10s changes missed (loader changes should land early in 1.0b4 cycle; e10s changes still TBD)
  • RC1 scheduled for today
  • release scheduled for next Wednesday, February 23

Input 3.2

  • release date: 2/22

  • lots of refactoring

Input 3.1 is out!

Feedback Summary

  • Since Beta 9, a huge increase in daily comments about memory and CPU usage 507 5857

  • Many people have commented on input the Beta 11 “feels slower” than beta 10
Issue

SUMO

Input

Buglink
Unable to switch search engines/locks up when using search bar

33+4

538 91

bug 631746
Double title bars when first using Firefox b1 Maybe Firebug

72

152

bug 633611
Firefox 4 Beta 11 Slower than Beta 10

651 104

Hotmail Constantly Reloading

[1][2]

3503

bug 627729
Facebook Chat not working

126

Flash-related crashes (fb games, gmail,

1451 1296

Font Rendering on Windows

204

bug 594325 bug 612846 bug 629857
Netflix streaming player doesn’t work OSX

204

was bug 598406
DivX player doesn’t work

35 (302+ overall)

67

Broken Panorama (missing button, changed shortcut)

50+ from: [3][4][5][6]

254

bug 624588
No save & close dialog when closing Firefox w/multiple tabs

40-ish from: [7][8][9][10]

375

caused by bug 592822 bug 550559
Gmail Locks Up

5

204

Highlights / Notices

Questions and Concerns

Press & Public Reactions

16-February-2011

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-15

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-02-15

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 3 Thunderbird 3.1.8
TBD

  • Code freeze: 18 Jan 23:59

  • L10n freeze: 18 Jan 23:59
  • Builds start: 19/20 Jan
  • QA with builds start: 21 Jan
  • Beta period starts: Week of 24 Jan
  • Build 2 starts: 7th Feb
  • Build 2 Beta period starts: 8th/9th Feb
  • Final release: TBD

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> bienvenu

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • Funnel Cake 5, on hold until Tb 3.1.8.

  • Still holding steady with ISPDB at 40-50%, top missing domains remain the same set: ocn.ad.jp, psmtp.com, aon.at, interia.pl, one.com, cox.net, telenet-ops.be, outlook.com, one.com, example.com centrum.cz.

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

  • Contracts continue to be worked on.

  • Standard8 is working on making a version that’s bundled with TB for wider testing.
  • Bryan and I are implementing a new UI with both free and paid account options.
  • We will likely ship 3.3 with only limited integration with free accounts.

Search Integration:

  • “Integrating web search facilities into the Thunderbird UI”

  • Once version of the add-on made up, currently experimenting with the UI
  • Hopefully releasing first version this week.

Experiments

Thunderbird Conversations
  • Now uses MailServices (clarkbw contribution). This means you need a recent 3.3 build. Only one file converted, still need to move the rest of the files to MailServices.

  • l10n work, see mail on tb-planning
  • Implemented a gallery view for emails with image attachments (mockup by Andy).
  • More work on bug 628669, hoping to get it in for 3.3a3, because the situation is bad with thunderbird-stdlib.
Compose in a tab
Thunderbird Sync
  • No progress this week

Trunk (Miramar) Development

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • Both 3.1.8 and Firefox 3.6.14 currently have crash issues, waiting for resolution before we get revised ETA for releases.

  • Bug Lists: 3.1

QA Updates

  • Maintaining Bugzilla

  • tester’s mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.

Marketing Updates

  • PR Update: Nice Thunderbrowse article, Spanish article w/ a recommendation of Thunderbird, some reporters waiting on our next security releases

  • Thunderbird ADUs: Top countries German, US, Japan, France, Italy, Poland, UK; steady at over 75k downloads a day and hitting 6.8MM ADUs during the week. About 12% remaining on Thunderbird 2.
  • Cebit, March 3-5. There’s a Mozilla Firefox booth, equipping the team there with Thunderbird information, Q&A, etc.
  • “One Mozilla” web site Task Force meeting notes
  • Mozilla Community Town Halls wrapped up last week

Infrastructure Update

Build / Release Update

  • Disabled tryserver xpcshell tests on CentOS as they’re already running on Fedora.

  • Moved Calendar’s buildbot master to a dedicated VM and handed off access.
  • comm-central hg bundles created weekly at: ftp://ftp.eu.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/bundles/ (Bug 631126)
  • tryserver Mac 10.6 builds should fire off unit tests on both 10.5 and 10.6 platforms (Bug 605230)
  • Will be working on
 * Bug 631597 - Prototype the "Canary" system for Thunderbird
 * Data mining Thunderbird download data with Ludovic

Web Update

  • AMO bug 600367 almost done, this week!

  • setting up dummy Yahoo service for Blake
  • setting up logging server for davidb, bug 632639

Documentation

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 655 new support topics (again don’t know why it’s up,normal is 400-500, last week 670)

  2. 3.1 Support Issues
  3. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

dmose rebron gozer blake bienvenu roland ludo standard8 jenzed sancus jhopkins

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-15

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Platform/2011-02-15

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

Firefox 4

  • 22 non-blocklist bugs without patches (out of 51 open) that remain to be fixed to get to RC.

  • 91 non-blockers being fixed in the past seven days, and 84 actual blockers fixed.
  • 22 hardblockers remaining without patches.

400-500 bugs fixed since February 3. This level of churn is too high to reach stability, so we need to focus more on hard blockers.

Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17

  • Still on hold while we investigate bug 633869

    • Looks like people have mismatched bits / frankeninstalls

    • Thanks to blake and chris for investigating from the JS side yesterday
  • Adobe really wants us to release as they are worried one of the fixes will become a 0 day

Firefox 3.6.15 and 3.5.18

  • Waiting to send draft schedule until 3.6.14/3.5.17 is resolved

Blocker Report

Firefox 4 Beta

Firefox Development

Platform

GFX

Layout

  • 3 hardblockers, no betaN blockers

Plugins

  • Mac perf issues bounced pretty hard, but looks like we know what’s going on

  • Background painting looks like it might be ready to land, but there are perhaps perf regressions on the order of 1-5% Tp… kinda hard to tell from tryserver runs.
  • Microsoft released the Silverlight update adding Mac Firefox 4 support.

Content

  • 8 betaN hardblockers left

    • 2 are about async windowless plugin drawing

    • 2 are GC safety and scheduling related
    • 1 is a java crash
    • 1 is a Mac flash performance problem
    • 1 is landed in tracemonkey, waiting for a merge

Tree Management

  • In this meeting, future downtimes will be one-line announcements only. Watch dev.planning and dev.tree-management newsgroups for details.

  • Linux rollout. Changing Linux screen resolution, details in bug 633019. Happening on Thursday morning, most probably, depending on betas/respins.

Stability Report

Roundtable

  • Firefox 4 daily Endgame Driver Meeting – Every weekday at 11:30AM PST: Triage the noms, review and push on each and every hard blocker, and give approvals the required attention to prevent regressions.

15-February-2011

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2011-02-14

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Video for today’s meeting

<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2011-02-14.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis””/></video>

Friends of the Tree

From Mary: If you don’t know it yet, Lukas Blakk rocks! She organized a phenomenal video workshop at Dare2BeDigital to teach young girls about the web on behalf of Mozilla + WoMoz. Check out what she did. Also need to call out Rainer, Marcia and William R, Raymond, Ruth, and Viktor as well!

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 14 February

Tuesday, 15 February

Wednesday, 16 February

Thursday, 17 February

Friday, 18 February

Next Week

Product Status Updates

Firefox 4

  • Beta 11 out to the world, Beta 12 clamping down

Firefox 3.6 and 3.5

  • Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17 WILL NOT be released today

    • We are investigating what looks to be a startup crash regression (bug 633869)
  • We are on day-for-day slip
  • Decision will be made on Wednesday if we need alternate release plans to deal with a public security bug fixed in 3.6.14

Mobile Firefox

  • Beta 5 codefreeze is Tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb 15) at 11:59pm PST

Thunderbird

Thunderbird 3.1.8 will come out as soon as Firefox 3.6.14 is ready

Drumbeat

Big week for Drumbeat last week:

  • We shipped a new version of Drumbeat.org

    • See Paul Osman’s blog post, including roadmap and how to get involved
  • Universal Subtitles in use on New York Times. Great work with Alive in Egypt.
  • New OpenAttribute add-on release generating some great press
  • Hackasaurus launched three youth jam events in New York and Chicago last week.

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Your Title Here

Your Name Here

What are you going to talk about?

Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen

Link to where audience can find out more information

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

Desktop Firefox
  • Signed off and shipped Firefox 4 Beta11!
Browser Technologies
  • Firefox Mobile

    • Fennec beta 5 missed code freeze. Still 3 blockers left

    • Device Compatibility Testplan will be finished next week and seek crowdsourcing: plan
    • Firefox Home 1.1.1 is awaiting app store submission.
  • Jetpack
    • Shipped Addons Builder 1.0a7

      • Includes new ASE editor and bugfixes

      • First automation test written in selenium 2 is running
      • Awaiting localization changes
  • Sync 1.6.3 was signed off and deployed to AMO
  • Test Pilot 1.1 Rc3 is in testing and targeting sign off next week
WebQA
  • Projects shipping this week:

    • Mozilla.com release 1.2 http://bit.ly/hIE2cn

    • AMO 5.12.9, Thursday 2/10
    • GetPersonas.com (security fixes) – shipped 2/8

Automation & Tools

  • Figured out a workaround for reftest resolution issues in order to enable reftests to run on tegras. The fix: we image the tegras to use HDMI, then we set them to a high resolution just for reftest, reset the resolution after reftest runs.

  • Pulling threads together to complete the work on the Addons Talos testing service
  • Planning to push splinter live this week in BMO.
  • Preliminary work on User Responsiveness metrics up for review in Bug 606574.
  • Other notes are here

Security

Engagement

PR

Cast your vote for Firefox for Best Major Desktop Browser and Firefox for Best Mobile Browser in the 2011 About.com Readers’ Choice Awards! http://browsers.about.com/od/allaboutwebbrowsers/ss/2011-readers-choice-awards-web-browsers-voting_2.htm

Events

Creative Team

Community Marketing

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

  • Firefox: Dave Camp (Kevin Dangoor)

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

10-February-2011

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-02-09

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/09-Feb-2011

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

Major Topics for This Week

Front-end

  • Working on Beta 5 blockers (17 this morning)

  • Working on some 2.0 blockers as well (91 this morning)
  • Focusing on the big 3 issues: Performance, Rendering and Memory Usage

UX design

Maemo

Qt

Android

  • android specific b5 blockers

    • bug 632649 – warn of incompatibility for 256Mb devices, eta: today

    • bug 630364 – launch youtube player without external app warning, ready to land
    • bug 632170 – downloaded files should be saved in public place, ready to land
    • bug 632037 – change opt flags, ready to land
    • bug 632526 – report startup time correctly ready to land
  • already landed
    • bug 615519 – move profile data to sd card when app is moved to sd card

      • size on disk 152k according to android when moved to sdcard
    • bug 614356 – default to next button when return has no action

Electrolysis

General Platform

Video

Camera

Plugins

Performance

  • Font cache patch is in review and should help Ts more on Android (bug 623136)

  • Opt flags patch ready to land should improve performance in general at the cost of a size increase (bug 632037)
  • Keep looking for ways to make Fennec faster!

    • Just got the e10s profiling tool to work on Android devices; will have data soon, hopefully will help here.

Networking

  • MFinkle is working on a new mobile Tp pageset

    • List of pages seems ok

    • Doing the cleanup to make the resources completely static
    • Will work with ateam and releng to get the new pageset on tindebox

Graphics

Startup

Layout

  • Reftests now support <browser remote=”true”/> but the way it was implemented still has some blockers for running on devices. See bug 593874

Content

Release Engineering

  • tegras

    • 5 talos suites in production

    • potential refactor of the helper daemon to help prevent runaway reds/purples. stability fixes tracked in bug 610600
  • n900s
    • fixed tp4 orange — my bug

    • disable mochitest 2,3?
  • android updates – patches for disabling release updates, fixing early nightly snippet upload ready to roll out
  • bug 630475 – single locale debs broken. tarball works; deb doesn’t. ideas?

QA

Other

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress