last meeting | index | next meeting »
Current Release Schedules
| Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1
|| Thunderbird 3.1.10|
| Releases/Thunderbird 3.3b1
- Code freeze: 30 Mar 23:59 PDT
- L10n freeze: 30 Mar 23:59 PDT
- Builds start: 31 Mar or 1 Apr
- QA with builds start: 1 Apr
- Beta period starts: Week of 4 Apr
- Final release: 19 Apr
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> dmose
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- On hold pending completion of download page optimizations, progress made this week.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
The new UI continues to be worked on.
Bryan Clark is pushing forward on a new, slimmer, more understandable UI.
Standard8, rebron working on bundling a build with both add-ons to push out for much broader testing & feedback.
- New smart reply button, with new fancy icons!
- Usual load of bug fixes (save attachment dialog, etc.)
- Nice discussion going on in the Google Group.
Compose in a tab
Progress is slower than expected: hit bugs in Thunderbird (no way to use HTML5 history with chrome tabs, no way to use onbeforeunload with chrome tabs, no favicons with chrome tabs). Slow progress trying to figure out how nsMsgCompose.cpp works. Some of the bugs led to bug reports and/or patches.
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Unity Launcher extension jsctypes update released, 64-bit compatible, but requires 3.3
- Ubuntu Messaging Menu extension is almost completely ported to jsctypes – should be finished this week
- Ubuntu One Integration
- I’ve updated a patch that lets the address book UI display address books in the tree without using RDF: bug 422845
Miramar & Trunk Development
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Code freeze for 3.1.10 is end of tomorrow.
- Updater fixes now landed which will hopefully resolve the update issues we’ve been seeing (with mis-matched versions).
- SQLite upgraded to 3.7.4 which should fix a topcrash we’ve been seeing.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- tester’s mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- The QA page is going under a lot of rewrite : feedback wanted !
- PR Update: Several mentions with Firefox 4 launch, a few other articles ITWorld, Kmail Frustrations
- Working on announcements for next week
- Thunderbird ADUs: reached 7MM users for the first time yesterday, an increase in users from Germany with 85% on our latest version.
- Participating in the Firefox 4 and Firefox 4 mobile (today) launches. Congrats to Firefox 4 and Firefox 4 Mobile teams. and check out: https://spark.mozilla.org
- ESX Server for YVR office
- Build Storage: OK
Build / Release Update
- comm-central + mozilla-central builds re-enabled (no nightlies) (ThunderbirdTrunk Tinderbox tree)
- comm-central + mozilla-2.0 builds enabled (Miramar tinderbox tree)
- additional build capacity coming online this week: Linux64 builders, possibly Win32; applies to both try & production
- new content going up on kitsune: configuration options (in progress)
- kitsune localization underway
- tracking changes on sumomo
- contribution: FLOSS manual chapter on Thunderbird Conversations
- thanks protz!)
- not pushed live yet – back-end has been moved, waiting for admin privileges
- French translation of FLOSS manual: http://fr.flossmanuals.net/thunderbird/
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 622 new support topics (not sure why traffic is so high, last week 614) – Media:21-27March2011Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan], All English content and images moved over. Some localizers have started localizing content after we found another wee bug with SSL. Localizers are busy with Firefox 4 docs localization so we have pushed back launch date to April 19
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.