Meeting Notes

30-March-2011

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-30

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/30-Mar-2011

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 17:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Application

General Front-end

  • Updated the Projects and Planning pages on Wiki

    • We need to identify projects and themes for the next release
  • Working on automated testing
    • Plans for moving the infra forward

    • Plans for getting more tests functional on mobile
    • Desktop-based test machines (bug 611092)

UX design

Platform Support

Android

Maemo

Performance

Testing

QA

  • We’re tracking issues on being filed across all feedback channels for possible additional 4.0.1 follow-ups.

Test Suites

Test Automation

Release Engineering

  • Tegras

    • bug 610600 – android purples [fixed]

    • bug 644611 – bring ~40 more tegras into production [close]
    • bug 645138 – fix reftest screen resolution [close]
    • network PDU — we have a web form, can use manually
    • bug 645168 – more branch coverage (currently only tm, m-c)
  • bug 646358 – turn on mozilla-2.1 / mobile-2.0 builds [not started, but quick]
  • bug 645283 – EOL Fennec 1.1 [ready to roll out]
  • bug 643399 – Android nightly updates [fixed]
  • bug 644202 – merge mobile prep [ready to roll out]
    • Aki needs to write a bit on logistics

Other

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-30

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2011-03-30

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 4 (Desktop)

  • downloads and response still strong

  • no need to wait for 4.0.1 to do advertised major update
  • need to fix 3.6 in order to be able to do advertised major update (see bug 646054)
  • also need to determine if Norton incompatibility (bug 646560) will delay an advertised major update

Firefox 4 (Mobile)

Firefox 3.6/3.5

Firefox Sync

Add-on Builder 0.9.2

  • 1.0a9 push happening tomorrow, ACE was stealing our keyboard shortcut events in Mac, so we opted to hold until we had support across OSes.

  • 0.9.2 is under way, implementing search is our primary focus.
  • We are investigating the creation of a web service for packaging XPIs utilizing the same system we have working in the Builder – the first consumer would be AMO.

Add-on SDK 1.0b4

  • shipped on schedule last Thursday, March 24

Add-on SDK 1.0b5

  • timeline:

    • Freeze: Wednesday, April 27 @ 11am PT

    • RC1: Wednesday, April 27
    • Final: Wednesday, May 4
  • this will be the last 1.0 beta
  • focus is on polishing existing functionality in preparation for stable release

Input 3.4

We’ve got big plans for Input the next 3-6 months. To see what we’re up to, there’s a cool blog post on it!

Feedback Summary

  • So far, feedback on social networks like twitter and fb remains pretty positive, with most complaints around add-on compatibility, video play back, norton, mcaffee and OMG UI change.

  • Sign up for: https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/sumo-report — top support issues!

Highlights / Notices

Questions and Concerns

  • Who is responsible for maintaining these pages?

Press & Public Reactions

29-March-2011

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-03-29

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1 Thunderbird 3.1.10
Releases/Thunderbird 3.3b1

  • Code freeze: 30 Mar 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: 30 Mar 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: 31 Mar or 1 Apr
  • QA with builds start: 1 Apr
  • Beta period starts: Week of 4 Apr
  • Final release: 19 Apr

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> dmose

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • On hold pending completion of download page optimizations, progress made this week.

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

The new UI continues to be worked on.

Search Integration:

Bryan Clark is pushing forward on a new, slimmer, more understandable UI.

Standard8, rebron working on bundling a build with both add-ons to push out for much broader testing & feedback.

Experiments

Thunderbird Conversations
  • New smart reply button, with new fancy icons!

  • Usual load of bug fixes (save attachment dialog, etc.)
  • Nice discussion going on in the Google Group.
Compose in a tab

Progress is slower than expected: hit bugs in Thunderbird (no way to use HTML5 history with chrome tabs, no way to use onbeforeunload with chrome tabs, no favicons with chrome tabs). Slow progress trying to figure out how nsMsgCompose.cpp works. Some of the bugs led to bug reports and/or patches.

Thunderbird Sync
Account Summary
Ubuntu Unity Integration
  • Unity Launcher extension jsctypes update released, 64-bit compatible, but requires 3.3

  • Ubuntu Messaging Menu extension is almost completely ported to jsctypes – should be finished this week
  • Ubuntu One Integration
    • I’ve updated a patch that lets the address book UI display address books in the tree without using RDF: bug 422845

Miramar & Trunk Development

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • Code freeze for 3.1.10 is end of tomorrow.

  • Updater fixes now landed which will hopefully resolve the update issues we’ve been seeing (with mis-matched versions).
  • SQLite upgraded to 3.7.4 which should fix a topcrash we’ve been seeing.
  • Bug Lists: 3.1

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

  • PR Update: Several mentions with Firefox 4 launch, a few other articles ITWorld, Kmail Frustrations

    • Working on announcements for next week
  • Thunderbird ADUs: reached 7MM users for the first time yesterday, an increase in users from Germany with 85% on our latest version.
  • Participating in the Firefox 4 and Firefox 4 mobile (today) launches. Congrats to Firefox 4 and Firefox 4 Mobile teams. and check out: https://spark.mozilla.org

Infrastructure Update

  • ESX Server for YVR office

  • Kitsune:
    • Search

    • Notifications
    • SSL
  • Build Storage: OK

Build / Release Update

  • comm-central + mozilla-central builds re-enabled (no nightlies) (ThunderbirdTrunk Tinderbox tree)

  • comm-central + mozilla-2.0 builds enabled (Miramar tinderbox tree)
  • additional build capacity coming online this week: Linux64 builders, possibly Win32; applies to both try & production

Web Update

Documentation

  • new content going up on kitsune: configuration options (in progress)

    • thanks Karen!
  • kitsune localization underway
  • tracking changes on sumomo
  • contribution: FLOSS manual chapter on Thunderbird Conversations
    • thanks protz!)

    • not pushed live yet – back-end has been moved, waiting for admin privileges
  • French translation of FLOSS manual: http://fr.flossmanuals.net/thunderbird/

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 622 new support topics (not sure why traffic is so high, last week 614) – Media:21-27March2011Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png

  2. Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan], All English content and images moved over. Some localizers have started localizing content after we found another wee bug with SSL. Localizers are busy with Firefox 4 docs localization so we have pushed back launch date to April 19
  3. 3.1 Support Issues
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2011-03-29

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

Blocker Report

Firefox Development

Platform

GFX

JS

Layout

Video

  • Landed video stats patch

Plugins

Content

Tree Management

Stability Report

  • Firefox 4

    • Over 17,832,195 million users today, up from 13,885,351 yesterday. Crash rate is showing as 22.28% but needs to be adjusted because we have throttled down to 10% from 100%

    • One of the top issues (both branches) was bug 644125 but Norton pushed out a LiveUpdate so the crash numbers have declined.
    • A few things we are watching

Roundtable

  • Deb is trying to compile a list of things that people have landed or are planning to land in time for Firefox 5. Please send her an email (deb@mozilla.com) if you have something that qualifies, and please include URLs to relevant wiki pages and/or bugs if at all possible. Ping “dria” in IRC if you have questions.

  • On a similar note, please make sure bugs that impact developer documentation are tagged with the “dev-doc-needed” keyword, so that they show up on this list.
  • Rapid Release Updates decision tracking
  • can the RC-ridealongs land at the front-of-the-queue on mozilla-central? rc-ridealongs?

28-March-2011

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2011-03-28

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Video for today’s meeting

<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2011-03-28.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis””/></video>

Friends of the Tree

  • philor and jag for diagnosing and fixing the ridiculously slow Tinderbox tree admin page.

  • Aleksej, Anders, lcamacho, and our own Henrik Skupin for making the Mozmill Crowd Testing testday a success
  • GeorgeF(George Fiotakis), Greek web localizer and community superstar, for being very helpful in the L10n field in the last week. He’s currently the only one who created localized screenshots for Linux and Mac for Firefox 4 features page on mozilla-europe.org. Also, he’s been pretty active in the mailing-lists discussion on how to get more people involved. – Milos(milos@mozilla.com).

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 28 March

Tuesday, 29 March

Firefox Mobile Official Launch Day!!! Huzzah! Watch it live starting at 7:45 a.m. PDT on Air Mozilla. Please post questions to the launch team in #airmozilla on irc.mozilla.org or directly to @firefox with the hashtag #airmoz.

Wednesday, 30 March

Thursday, 31 March

Friday, 1 April

Next Week

Product Status Updates

Firefox 5

  • Development is already happening, with an anticipated merge to the experimental branch the week of April 13

Firefox 4

  • We shipped it!

  • I think maybe next week we’ll combine this into the Firefox 3.6 section below!
  • There will be a point release…watch dev-planning in the next couple days for specifics

Firefox 3.6 and 3.5

  • Code freeze was last week…still have to many open blockers

  • We will be pushing the schedule back a week to try to get more blockers in…watch dev-planning for specifics

Mobile Firefox

Thunderbird

  • Current branch plan:

    • Miramar currently building from comm-central trunk with mozilla-2.0

    • no pure trunk nightlies in order to keep testing focused on Miramar
  • Working on getting OpenSearch and GetAnAccount bundled with a Tb build for testing by a broader audience in preparation for Miramar

Drumbeat

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Your Title Here

Your Name Here

What are you going to talk about?

Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen

Link to where audience can find out more information
Getting the word out

Chris Beard

Brand campaign

Pilot campaign starting this week targeting digerati in Bay Area to reinforce our differentiation & advocacy position

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

  • new (restartless!) release of F1, the Labs link sharing add-on for Firefox

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

General
  • Lisa Crispin gave a brown bag on Friday. Slides and video will be published asap.
Test Automation
WebQA
QA Community
  • Successful test day for Mozmill crowd extension and endurance tests
Desktop Firefox
  • Not much happen last week except WE SHIPPED FIREFOX 4!!!!!!!

Automation & Tools

  • Checked in fixes in coordination with Releng to green up Android mobile

  • Landed more APIs for special powers to help remove enableprivilege from our test code
  • Still need feedback on Bugzilla upgrade, still shooting for Mid-April to go live.
  • More news here

Security

Engagement

PR

Events

Creative Team

Contributor Engagement

  • Air Mozilla Broadcast tomorrow: Would you like to be one of our speakers? Please sign up here. The desktop launch had over 16,000 viewers!

  • Help us track the launches – please share blog posts, regional coverage and more here.
  • There is still time to host a Firefox 4 party. Please sign up here!

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

  • Ben Adida, Staff Engineer for the Apps Group

  • Raymond Forbes, Web Security Engineer
  • Jennifer Arguello, Services Project Manager
  • Gilbert FitzGerald, Director of Metrics
  • Rob Miller, Services Engineering
  • Ryan Tidler, Services Engineering

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

24-March-2011

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/23-Mar-2011

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

Major Topics for This Week

Front-end

  • Starting to work on post-4 bugs

    • Some bugs are already know “wanted for Fennec 4.next”

    • We’ll start triaging 2.0- and 2.0next lists as well
  • More focus on browser-chrome tests (ongoing)
    • We need more tests

    • We need green tests
    • We need desktop-based test machines (bug 611092)
  • Updated the Projects and Planning pages on Wiki
    • We need to identify projects and themes for the next release

UX design

  • filling in the projects page with active post-4.0 projects and designs

  • going through the bucket of 2.0- and 2.0next bugs

Maemo

Android

Electrolysis

General Platform

Release Engineering

  • [DONE] Fennec 4.0rc1: bug 639948 (builds 1-3)

  • Tegras
    • Purpleness: due to a disconnect in three pieces of code with three authors + a badly permissioned bread crumb on device. We believe we have fixes; we’re testing and will roll out shortly.

    • Still a couple of tegra unit test suites to get green
  • Android updates again bug 643399 — anyone’s Android nightly update since Sunday?

QA

  • Release Tested Fennec 4.0 RC. Found some issues, but nothing blocking the release.

  • We’re tracking issues on being filed across all feedback channels for possible blockers.

Other

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Firefox/Planning/2011-03-23

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 4 (Desktop)

  • we done shipped

Point releases

Firefox 4 (Mobile)

Firefox 3.6/3.5

Firefox 3.6.16 and 3.5.18

Firefox 3.6.17 and 3.5.19

  • Code freeze for blockers is TOMORROW. Nag emails just went out

Firefox Sync

Add-on Builder 1.0a9

  • Release will happen tomorrow

  • Search is up next (backend service already finished & landed)
  • Will be touching base with marketing to plan beta announcement

Add-on SDK 1.0b4

  • RC1 shipped on schedule last Wednesday, March 16

  • RC2 shipped morning of yesterday, Tuesday, March 22 to pick up fix for test failure and a couple ridealongs
  • RC3 shipped evening of yesterday, Tuesday, March 22 to pick up fix for one more test failure that slipped through the cracks during earlier RC testing
  • final on track to ship tomorrow Thursday, March 24

Add-on SDK 1.0b5

  • timeline:

    • Thaw: Monday, March 21 (we ended up thawing yesterday, Tuesday, March 22)

    • Freeze: Wednesday, April 27 @ 11am PT
    • RC1: Wednesday, April 27
    • Final: Wednesday, May 4
  • goals TBD
  • this will be the last 1.0 beta release

Add-on SDK 1.0

  • proposed timeline:

    • RC: Wednesday, May 25

    • Final: Wednesday, June 8

Input 3.4

Next stop is Input 4.x! The biggest things will be support for nightly users and an API (with a corresponding program to integrate feedback into several Mozilla web services)

Feedback Summary

  • So far, feedback on social networks like twitter and fb have been extremely positive, with most complaints around add-on compatibility and OMG UI change.

  • Known bug with release version on input graphs, so we can’t really use it as is to see how we’re doing–should be fixed with next release.

Highlights / Notices

Questions and Concerns

  • How would you like feedback team to continue giving feedback? Any changes need to be made? How can we improve?

Press & Public Reactions

23-March-2011

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2011-03-22

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

  • Mnyromyr to coordinate the SeaMonkey response to this years Google Summer of Code.

CLOSED

K.I.V.

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn’t hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.

    • At the “State of the Map – Europe” OpenStreetMap conference, KaiRo will try to get people to team up and create an open service.
  • MReimer’s drawing tablet broke some time back so he stopped working on theme icons. We should look into asking Mozilla’s Direct Giving Program [adriank].
    • MReimer 1) is not sure if he needs this and 2) wants to put this on hold until he gets more time to actually work more on SeaMonkey.

    • Note: Mozilla Direct Giving contact is sethb. However sethb is leaving Mozilla after FF4, no idea who will take over the Community Giving stuff then.

SeaMonkey 2.0.13

open blockers (0)
blocker requests (0)
fixed (0)

SeaMonkey 2.0.14

open blockers (0)
blocker requests (0)
fixed (21)

  • Based on Gecko 1.9.1.19, target TBD, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.19.

SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3

open blockers (3)
blocker requests (6)
targeted (4)
fixed (86)

  • Firefox has built RCs. Firefox 4.0 should go public today.

  • Beta 3 should be the final feature and string freeze for the 2.1 series.
    • Sync follow-ups and other bugs that want to land for 2.1 with L10n impact should block b3 [InvisibleSmiley: requests already set appropriately].
  • Shipped Extensions: Chatzilla and Venkman are fixed now.
  • We should do beta3 ASAP, that is as reasonable, and then go for release (candidate) also as fast as possible.
  • Blocker request triage: Anything needing strings or is a feature addition needs to either block b3 or not block at all (can land for b3, no chance afterwards in the 2.1 cycle).
    • Don’t fear being aggressive with blocker triage, If it isn’t needed it doesn’t block. By that same token, if you are able to fix a blocker please try and work on them before tackling any other bugs.

    • bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list can land. The suggested improvements can be pushed off to a follow-up bug.
    • Help patches can go in after b3 as string freeze doesn’t affect Help.

Further 2.1 scheduling:

  • Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.

  • Beta 3 should be followed by 2.1pre and our own release (candidate), which can possible base on Gecko 2.0.1 (which is now guaranteed to come).
  • We should release within 6 weeks from FF4, but we should not release in the two weeks following FF4 final due to media being all about that release.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 75 new, 46 fixed, 31 triaged.

Open reviews/flags:
40 review
11 super-review
0 ui-review
7 feedback

Major wanted/needed features:

2.1

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.

    • A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.

    • MattATobin and MReimer are looking into this.
    • (Callek:) I feel this can land up until our rc, but the deadline is fast approaching, we should move this tracker out for 2.1.next
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.

    • The rest is unowned so far.
    • (Callek:) Parts this can land up until our rc, but the deadline is fast approaching, we should move this tracker out for 2.1.next
  • bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
    • IanN felt this was blocking at one point, but we hope to cut b3 soon, and since there is l10n impact this is ‘at risk’ for 2.1
  • bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
    • No l10n impact
Active
  • bug 570004 Popup/”doorhanger” notifications [Neil].

    • Implementation moved to bug 595810.

    • Only lwthemes doorhangers are left to do.
    • l10n-impact
  • bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf].
    • Has positive review…

    • Mcsmurf will land the patch after fixing the nits. The suggested improvements can be pushed off to a follow-up patch.
    • l10n-impact
  • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
    • A lot of untangling needs to go on between the 3 editors that we have. We can expect a bit of code cleanup for 2.1 but full customization will probably go 2.next as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.
  • bug 401417 Add an option for a search box in SeaMonkey toolbar (and add an engine manager). [KaiRo]
    • landed on trunk for 2.1b3!
  • bug 627240 Consider shipping built-in extensions as being installed into profiles [KaiRo]
    • No l10n impact

    • Patch is up, review done, installer still needs testing.
  • bug 601493 no “plugin crashed” UI [Ratty].
    • Have WIP patch up and working.

    • l10n-impact
  • bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|.
    • Has l10n impact. So if it misses 2.1b3, it will slip; a means for security improvements in our users though, want to see it get in in time though.

    • AdrianK and Neil are working on this.

We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted
Also the nominations need triaging.

  • We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.

    • Lightning 1.0b4 seems to be targeted to be Gecko 2.0-based.

    • Due to recent Lightning patches/fixes, Lightning nightlies are now working again on SM trunk.

2.next

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port.

  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn’t have much time to spend on this.

    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 – Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].

For now only a drop zone for those that surely will not make 2.1 any more.

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Aqualon

asrail

Callek

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 632325 Port |bug 529938 Install DirectX SDK on buildbots| to SeaMonkey.

  • bug 641418 Create a comm-2.0 branch in buildbot for SeaMonkey to follow mozilla-2.0.
  • bug 641745 Update data.sql in graphserver for new SeaMonkey 2.1 Branch.
  • bug 642723 Upgrade hg on Windows Slaves to hg 1.7.5.

Working on:

  • bug 634399 Give access to post to SeaMonkey blog to Jens Hatlak (InvisibleSmiley).

  • bug 643324 Enable the shared checkouts from CCMercurialBuildFactory.

Investigating:

  • bug 631864 Investigate why [or fix] mac (trunk) repacks being uploaded to mac/ rather than mac64/.

  • bug 633397 Automatic partial update from 2.1b1 to 2.1b2 build 2 misses extensions.
  • bug 640464 Develop a way for tests in mozilla-central to be overridden in a suite build.

To Do:

  • bug 634399 Get contact for/access to SeaMonkey blog.

  • bug 641407 port |bug 638154 new l10n scripts need to set MOZ_PKG_VERSION| to SeaMonkey 0.7-based automation for RC.

ewong

  • Fixed:

    • bug 62885 – Message/Mark All Read doesn’t get disabled when there are no (zero) unread messages/all messages are

    • bug 133119 – Language in Image Acceptance Policy Pref Page Should Be Consistent
    • bug 175792 – <page>s and <dialog>s don’t need dialogOverlay
    • bug 568283 – Add checkbox for accessibility.browsewithcaret (F7-by-default mode)
    • bug 606482 – _install_-updates preference wrongly labeled with “_check_ for”.
    • bug 633394 – Update removed-files for findings from 2.1b2 update checks
  • Needs Review:

    • bug 39113 – Show current profile name in preferences

    • bug 170924 – Preview sound should be “listen” or play
    • bug 643676 – Change entities that Bug #133119 missed.
    • bug 643677 – Updated help from changes from bug #133119.
  • Working On:
  • Investigating:

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Fixed:
    • bug 638980 Status bar should only have progress meter showing whilst loading stuff [TB].

    • bug 639694 Move EditModeToolbar from editorOverlay.
    • bug 639716 Move structToolbar xul code from editorOverlay.
    • bug 641246 Move insertMenuPlainText out of editorOverlay.
    • bug 641247 Remove unused commands, commandset, broadcaster and toolbarbuttons from editorOverlay [TB].
  • Waiting for review on:
    • bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js

    • bug 638964 Allow customization of formatting toolbar in Mail Composition [TB].
    • bug 639196 Rationalise popups into utilityOverlay.xul
  • Working on:
    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [TB].

    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay.
    • Prefs-in-a-tab.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.

InvisibleSmiley

  • Working On:

KaiRo

  • Landed optional search bar and OpenSearch engine manager on SeaMonkey trunk (bug 401417), see also my blog post.

  • Created a patch on L10n awareness of removed-files (bug 592574).
  • Also created a patch for installing built-in extensions into the profile (bug 627240).
  • Reviews on some of Callek’s great work on the build infrastructure.
  • Landed ewong’s patch on removed-files improvements (bug 633394).
  • Backported my improvements on searchbar and engine manager to Firefox (bug 643172).
  • Integrated (untested) forget function for web storage panel in Data Manager, some work on reacting to live changes (bug 588415).
  • Did some more updating of EaryBlue and LCARStrek for SeaMonkey trunk, and even Firefox 4 in the latter case.
  • Some testing of LCARStrek for Firefox 4 in new virtualbox Win7 install.
  • Another update for German suite L10n for trunk work.
  • Got invitation for Mozilla all-hands, booked flight, including additional week of stay.
  • As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.

mcsmurf

Has review:

  • bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list.

Misak

Fixed:

  • bug 639771 – Port bug 597315 [Frameset history does not work properly when restoring a tab] to SeaMonkey
  • bug 639779 – Port bug 622379 [Current session data is lost upon browser triggered restart (e.g. upgrade) if the option to clear browsing history upon shutdown is set (again)]
  • bug 639836 – Port bug 581937 [“Recently closed tabs” list keep blank tabs], also add observer for browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
  • bug 639843 – Port bug 628270 [Undo close (hidden) tab causes panorama and session restore(?) to break unrecoverably]
  • bug 640167 – Port bug 630723 [Deferred session restore doesn’t work with browser.session_restore.resume_from_crash = false]

Working on:

  • bug 639852 – Port bug 627642 [Don’t restore session into a new window if only the home page is open]

Mnyromyr

MReimer

Neil

Fixed:

  • bug 594090 Search Messages window/dialog bottom buttons not re-enabled after delete and repeated search.

  • bug 620515 IMAP online search fails silently.
  • bug 637630 Compose throbber doesn’t.
  • bug 640421 dropdown marker in urlbar is huge on Linux.
  • bug 640425 Clicking on the searchbar engine dropdown makes the field lose focus.
  • bug 642998 Support tabbrowser API removeTab extension.
  • bug 643404 [regression] Fix missing paste’n’go from bug 640427 caused by bug 640421.

Needs Checkin:

Working on:

  • bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers. Need to address review comments before check in.

  • bug 637080 “Subscribe to This Page” in Bookmarks toolbar menu always disabled and lacks icon.
  • bug 641330 maxrows=”10″ doesn’t work.
  • bug 642404 <autocomplete disablehistory=”false”> does not display correctly on Linux.

Ratty

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 464653 Toolbar context menu improvements and fixes.

  • bug 634364 Restore option to open context menu web search in new window (regression after SM2.0).
  • bug 636291 Ctrl+Shift+C Shortcut key to open calendar is destructive “Mark all read” [Lightning].
  • bug 640426 Search bar on Modern doesn’t have the grooved box that the urlbar has.
  • bug 640427 Improve “paste & search” code.
  • bug 643294 [regression] Mousewheel scroll on tab bar should change tab.

Working on:

Other:

  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.

  • End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.

Ricardo

sgautherie

  • Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:

    • bug 630140 Port |Bug 595652 – fix hit testing for border-radius| to SeaMonkey

    • bug 634244 Port |Bug 633638 – Need a way to cancel PlacesUtils::asyncGetBookmarkIds request| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 640035 Port |Bug 635844 – Update pushState to latest spec. Again.| to SeaMonkey. (mochitest-browser-chrome: permanent “browser_500328.js | Test timed out”)
    • bug 641312 Reorder menus to promote tabs more after landing of bug 505311
  • Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
    • bug 631902 Port |Bug 611030 – Close some older branches in mozilla-central| to comm-central

    • bug 632148 Port bug 630628 – Extract d3dx9_??.dll and d3dcompiler_??.dll from DirectX SDK at build time, and ship them with the build
  • Fixed Core bugs:
    • bug 535893 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-a11y: test_combobox.xul fails

    • bug 544170 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-a11y: tree/test_tabbrowser.xul fails, due to “tabbrowser API” dependencies and different application UIs
    • bug 544171 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-a11y: test_txtctrl.xul fails
    • bug 641358 “Document” that test_txtctrl.xul uses a deprecated ‘timed’ textbox (too)
    • bug 642420 XPFE autocomplete.xml: investigate removing explicit <children includes=”menupopup”/>
  • Fixed other projects bugs:
    • [Firefox] bug 635844 Update pushState to latest spec. Again.

stefanh

  • Did some reviews.

  • Fixed:
    • bug 593840 Optimize .png files in themes/, branding/ and help/.

    • bug 630371 [10.6] Mac “installer” window background doesn’t fit.
    • bug 637176 [Mac Default] Better bookmark/link toolbar styling.
    • bug 643035 Remove editorOverlay.js.
  • Working on:
    • bug 537343 Need new entities for proper Mac menu items localization in all the supported locales.

    • bug 623660 Change FilterEditor dimensions (and move them to relevant .dtd files) [MailNews].
    • bug 640514 [Mac Default] Style the search bar.
    • bug 643323 [Mac Default] Need disabled icon for ‘Subscribe to This Page’ in Bookmarks toolbar menu.

Any other business?

  • The clocks will go forward one hour in Europe this Sunday. The next meeting will be one hour earlier for those of us who don’t follow daylight savings.

  • InvisibleSmiley was thinking about this Friends of the Tree thing. Perhaps we should revive and adapt it, using a term related to water? Suggestions include Friends of the Fish Tank.
  • mcsmurf and ewong never got their FF 4 beta t-shirts. ewong will email Grace about this.

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-03-22

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1 Thunderbird 3.1.10
Releases/Thunderbird 3.3b1

  • Code freeze: 30 Mar 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: 30 Mar 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: 31 Mar or 1 Apr
  • QA with builds start: 1 Apr
  • Beta period starts: Week of 4 Apr
  • Final release: 19 Apr

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> sancus

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

  • Nothing happened, cause I was on vacation last week.  ;)

Search Integration:

  • Nothing happened, cause I was on vacation last week.  ;)

Experiments

Thunderbird Conversations
  • Bugfixes, released a3, then a4 and a5 because of last-minute issues that hadn’t been spotted so far. Feedback seems positive on the mozilla-labs Google Group.

  • Wrote a chapter of the Thunderbird FLOSS about Thunderbird Conversations, translated it to French, once it’s released and integrated in the public version of the FLOSS Manual, will point AMO, the wiki and everything to that page as the official reference for documentation.
  • Still the usual polish and minor improvements.
Compose in a tab
Thunderbird Sync
Account Summary
Ubuntu Unity Integration
  • Unity Launcher extension C++ backend chucked in favour of jsctypes

    • This means that machine architecture compatibility is no longer an issue. Nice!
  • I’ve started work on integrating our contacts with the Ubuntu One service.
    • Did a quick survey on prior efforts in this area.

    • This will be harder than it sounds, since RDF prevents us from easily adding new types of address books with Javascript
    • Work has begun to de-RDF the address book UI

Trunk (Miramar) Development

  • Alpha 3 released

  • Branching for mozilla-2.0
    • thread on tb-planning

    • Should be happening today (mozilla-central is likely to re-open tomorrow).
    • Expect different tinderbox trees.
    • Will get info on tb-planning today asap.
  • Expect comm-central and mozilla-central to break soon.
  • Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • Schedule for 3.1.10 is now up.

  • Updater fixes now landed which will hopefully resolve the update issues we’ve been seeing (with mis-matched versions).
  • SQLite upgraded to 3.7.4 which should fix a topcrash we’ve been seeing.
  • Bug Lists: 3.1

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

Infrastructure Update

  • Build Infrastructure stability problems: resolved

  • Kitsune: l10n

Build / Release Update

Web Update

  • Kitsune progress going well, only a few things left to do. Planning to go live in mid-April.

  • Finishing download page optimizations this week.

Documentation

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 614 new support topics (not sure why traffic is so high, last week 665) – Media:14-20March2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png

  2. Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan], All English content and images moved over. Localizers were delayed a wee bit by missing permissions. Localizers have been notified via email and tb-support-crew of a wiki page with complete instructions on how to localize their data on SuMoMo Kitsune with pre-converted files. Localizers are busy with Firefox 4 docs localization so we have pushed back launch date to April 19
  3. 3.1 Support Issues
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

22-March-2011

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2011-03-21

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Video for today’s meeting

<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2011-03-21.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis””/></video>

Friends of the Tree

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 21 March

Tuesday, 22 March

FIREFOX 4 LAUNCH DAY WOOT! Watch it live starting at 6:30 a.m. PDT on Air Mozilla. Please post questions to the launch team in #airmozilla on irc.mozilla.org or directly to @firefox with the hashtag #airmoz.

Wednesday, 23 March

Thursday, 24 March

Friday, 25 March

Next Week

Product Status Updates

Firefox 4

  • We’re shipping it tomorrow.

Firefox 5+

Firefox 3.6 and 3.5

  • Code freeze for blockers is this Thursday

Mobile Firefox

  • RC1 soon

Thunderbird

Older Branch Work

Drumbeat

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Your Title Here

Your Name Here

What are you going to talk about?

Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen

Link to where audience can find out more information
Firefox Input for Fx4

Dave Dash

How pretty charts tell us how we’re doing.

http://input.mozilla.com/ <– I’m doing it live!

http://input.mozilla.com/
Firefox 4 Download Stats

Jeff Balogh/ Matt Claypotch

How pretty charts tell us how we’re doing.

http://glow.allizom.org/

http://glow.allizom.org/ (will be glow.mozilla.org tomorrow!)
Support for Fx4

Cheng Wang

How you can help support Fx4

[1] Sign up here: [2]
Proposed post-Fx4 rapid release process

Christian Legnitto

Proposed post-Fx4 rapid release process

http://people.mozilla.com/~sayrer/2011/temp/process.html (comments go to dev-planning)

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

Browser Technologies
  • Firefox Mobile RC1 built and tested this week. See Testplan results

    • ETA release on 3/21 or 3/22
  • Input 3.3 shipped
WebQA
  • blog on selenium IDE

  • Projects Shipping this week:
    • WoW Phase III 03/15 moved to 03/16 9:00 PDT [ttps://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=640291 bug 640291]

    • AMO 6.0.1
    • SUMO move netaccess app to PHX [no release #]
    • Personas
Desktop Firefox
  • Scrambled for respins of FF RC2 and 3.x releases to address hot issue.

  • RC: Monday – We’re going assess where we are at with regards to bugs and stability to come up with a ship date for final.

Automation & Tools

  • Ted is fixing bug 641969

  • Donating 7 machines from the automation and tools staging environment to Addons Testing Service.
  • Web GL-enabled Grafx bot beta went well, should be landing in AMO this week, thanks for the testing!
  • More notes are here

Security

Engagement

PR

Events

Creative Team

Community Marketing

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

  • David Bolter – Accessibility Engineering Manager (not new, but new role!)

  • Lee Tom – Visual Designer (Engagement)
  • Jake Maul – IT/System Ops

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress