Meeting Notes

27-April-2011

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/27-Apr-2011


Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

Major Topics for This Week

Application

Front-end

  • Work for FF6 -> We have Features, Bugs and Testing

  • We have enough information (design or otherwise) to start some tasks:
    • Touch events – FE and platform work is ongoing

    • Language selection – started add-on
    • Anti-malware/phishing – landed FE part but defaulted feature off for now
    • Session Store Enhancements – landed speedup, working on history
    • Android text selection handles – started experimenting
  • Some other designs might be almost ready to start prototyping:
    • Tablet UI – Keyboards & Other

    • Better browser feature discoverability
    • Better integration for form assistant on Android
    • Visual refresh
  • [Fennec-6] FE bugs have been assigned
  • browser-chrome test fixes have been landing. We need more focus on getting the tests green!
    • bug 650686 [tracking] Android browser-chrome permaoranges

UX design

  • opened bugs on most of the ongoing design/front-end features

  • designs ready for front-end team on discoverability, language choice, copy/paste (selection handles) – see feature pages
  • designs ready to post soon on form assistant, safebrowsing
  • ongoing work on awesomescreen2 (Ian’s WIPs), and interim tablet changes (breakdown of possible changes)
  • Ian starting up on visual refresh, prioritizing gingerbread
  • Brian working on accessibility improvments

Platform Support

Android

Maemo

  • can we kill off `image expose` npapi?

Performance

Testing

QA

Test Suites

Test Automation

Release Engineering

Priorities page

Other

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2011-04-27


« previous week | index | next week »

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

<script>if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = “show”; var tocHideText = “hide”; showTocToggle(); } </script>

Actions from Last Week

  • Stuart/Thomas to report back next meeting with a more detailed summary of mobile’s plans for rapid release

    • IN PROGRESS
  • Aakash to provide bug number related to Test Pilot version mismatch and missing feedback button
    • No bug number as Test Pilot was updated on AMO. Feedback from Input alludes to it working now.

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 3.6.x/3.5.x/4.0.x

  • Investigation of low 3.5/3.6 beta ADUs lead to a fix that will push us back a few days (see Christian’s note to rel-drivers)

Firefox 4.0.1 advertised major update

  • Delayed a few days pursuant to beta ADU investigation

Fennec 4.0.x

Firefox 5 (Desktop)

Firefox 5 (Mobile)

Firefox 6 (Desktop)

  • Everyone who is working on something for Firefox 6 to make sure it has a Feature Page and to make sure it gets added to the Release Tracking page. If you have any questions, ping deb.
  • Merge from mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora happens on 2011-05-24

Firefox 6 (Mobile)

Firefox Sync

Add-on Builder 0.9.2

Add-on SDK 1.0b5

  • froze today on schedule

  • landed much of what we wanted to land in this cycle
  • still have a few changes to land that we’re going to take during the freeze
  • a few things missed and will happen later
  • unclear if 1.0b5rc1 will happen today as planned
  • final release still planned for next Wednesday, May 4
  • b5 remains on track to be last 1.0 beta release
  • 1.0 final release remains on track for early June

Input 3.4

  • ETA: 4/28

    • Dashboard that supports all the new channels for Firefox and Mobile Firefox

    • Will follow-up with better looking submission pages thereafter

Feedback Summary

Main issues:

Press & Public Reactions

Questions and Concerns

  • (catlee) schedule for final release process?

    • we need to merge mozilla-beta to mozilla-release and then do another round of build prior to release day.

    • A: The go/no-go decision for release is around June 7th. If it’s a “go”, we can do the merge to mozilla-release and do builds and QA shortly after that. This gives us plenty of time for testing before release day on the 21st.
  • (jp) When do beta calls start?
    • The Beta calls start on Monday May 2nd @2:00pm. We MIGHT change this time and that will be communicated in the meeting reminder send to planning on Friday.

    • The goals of having a meeting prior to May 17th is basically to help us plan for the cutover and make sure all logistics and issues are getting addressed.
  • (catlee) when are we pushing to mirrors for 3.5/3.6/4.
    • A: Planning on pushing in the morning of the 28th, assuming nobody objects. johnath to send mail to r-d

Actions this week

  • Stuart/Thomas to report back next meeting with a more detailed summary of mobile’s plans for rapid release

    • ROLLED OVER
  • Johnath to send note to rel-drivers about 3.5/3.6/4.0 push to mirrors workflow tomorrow

26-April-2011

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-04-26


last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1 Thunderbird 3.1.10
Releases/Thunderbird 3.3b1

  • Code freeze: 12 Apr

  • L10n freeze: 12 Apr
  • Builds start: 13/14 Apr
  • QA with builds start: 13/14 Apr
  • Beta period starts: Week of 15 Apr
  • Final release: 28 Apr

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Usul

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozilla.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • Next Funnel cake release off 3.1.10, possibly Thursday otherwise, next week.

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:
On pause while I concentrate on OpenSearch.

Experiments

Thunderbird Conversations

Finished work on Thunderbird to speed up loading of messages. Feature work on Thunderbird Conversations (checkout the forward-conversationo branch, a branch with a new menu that allows you to forward a whole conversation). Tidied up the issue tracker by taking advantage of the new GitHub issue tracker.

What will be in the next release: https://github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=closed&page=1&milestone=1

Compose in a tab
Thunderbird Sync
Account Summary
Ubuntu Unity Integration
  • Bumped compatibility of Unity Launcher extension to use libunity4

  • De-RDFing of the address book continues unabated

Miramar & Trunk Development

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • 3.1.10 is now out on the beta channel.

  • Should be released on Thursday assuming no issues found.
  • Bug Lists: 3.1

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

  • PR Update: likely some press pick up for 3.1.10, several articles on the new dev channels for Firefox

  • Thunderbird ADUs: 5-6MM ADUs this week likely due to Spring Break/Easter Holiday, biggest drops in Germany.
  • Working through contracts for web site update for Mozilla Messaging -> mozilla.org.

Infrastructure Update

Build / Release Update

Web Update

Documentation

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 570 new support topics (my guess: higher count is due to Firefox 4 “knock-on” effect) – Media:18-24April2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png

  2. Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan] Looks like we are almost ready for launch – Japanese, Dutch, French, German, Spanish appear to mostly converted to the new Syntax
    1. More agile, more friendly

    2. updates once a week or so after sumo gets updated
    3. easier, more user friendly for the users
  3. 3.1 Support Issues
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

roland , dmose, Usul, Sancus, gozer, jhopkins, rebron, bienvenu, mconley, bwinton

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2011-04-26


« previous week | index | next week »

<script>if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = “show”; var tocHideText = “hide”; showTocToggle(); } </script>

Notices / Schedule

  • Reminder: the next mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora merge is on 2011-05-24 (6 weeks after the previous mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora merge, which happened on 2011-04-12)

Firefox Development

Platform

GFX

  • Happily announcing the graphics team’s latest goal, the Azure project.

    • Read Joe’s blog post for lots of details.

    • tl;dr: We’re creating a new graphics API so we can be faster everywhere. Part of the goal is to enable content acceleration on OSes that don’t have it, like Windows XP, OS X, Linux, and mobile.

JS

  • Method JIT turned on for chrome on tracemonkey

  • IonMonkey project has started
    • David Anderson is creating “tracer bullets” implementation

    • First 3 JS interns will all be working on IonMonkey subprojects

Layout

  • CSS animations behavior change landed; need to decide whether to land update on Aurora, disable CSS animations on Aurora, or ship the old broken behavior in FF5)

  • window.matchMedia API landed on mozilla-central (JS access to the information exposed by CSS media queries)
  • Features being worked on: auto-hyphenation, text-overflow

Plugins

DOM

Network

Tree Management

  • nothing this week

Stability Report

  • Volume of users on the trunk up a bit – 42K ADUs but still trying to grow this group.

  • Crash rate up yesterday due to explosive crash bug 652580 – has been fixed
  • Crashes we need looked at…
    • Crash @ googletoolbar-ff4.dll@0xfbf6 bug 651175 – we can reproduce this, still need someone to look at it.

    • Crash @ nsUserFontSet::ReplaceFontEntry bug 650639 – duped to another signature.
  • A couple of new regressions still to be logged.

Roundtable

  • brendan has expressed concern about the current multi-process plan for Firefox which would break pretty much all extensions that would touch content. bsmedberg has written up Electrolysis/Extension Compatibility and blizzard is organizing a meeting to discuss the options.

25-April-2011

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-25

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2011-04-25


« previous week | index | next week »

<script>if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = “show”; var tocHideText = “hide”; showTocToggle(); } </script>

Video for today’s meeting

<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2011-04-25.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis””/></video>

Friends of the Tree

  • David Lawrence and Byron Jones for their excellent work in staging our upgrade of Bugzilla to 4.0. The site looks awesome. — justdave

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 25 April

Tuesday, 26 April

Brown Bag
“Internet Policy on the Hill: Current Trends & Issues”
David Grossman, Senior Technology Policy Advisor to Representative Anna G. Eshoo (D-CA)
12:30PM in Ten Forward

Wednesday, 27 April

Thursday, 28 April

Friday, 29 April

Next Week

Product Status Updates

Firefox 6

  • Merge to mozilla-aurora is on 2011-05-24

Firefox 5

  • Merge to mozilla-beta is on 2011-05-17

  • We’re working to grow our Aurora audience

Firefox 4/3.6/3.5

  • We fixed the issue preventing Firefox 3.6.17 and 3.5.19 from being automatically offered to branch beta users (bug 652162)

  • Because of the previous issue, we need to wait for more Firefox 3.6.19 and 3.5.19 beta coverage
  • Firefox 4.0.1 has been on beta for a week, has 1.5 million testers, and is ready to release
    • Will hold / ship at the same time as Firefox 3.6.17 and 3.5.19
  • Firefox 4.0.1, 3.6.17, 3.5.19 will ship on Thursday, 2011-04-28 (originally
    • If issues are found we will push back to the next Tuesday
  • The 3.5/3.6 → 4.0.1 prompt will be delayed until Thursday, 2011-05-05
  • The Releases page has been updated with the new schedules

Mobile Firefox

Thunderbird

  • Schedule-driven release logistics work continues

  • 3.1.10 planned to be released Tuesday

Older Branch Work

Drumbeat

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Your Title Here

Your Name Here

What are you going to talk about?

Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen

Link to where audience can find out more information

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

Browser Technologies
WebQA
QA Automation

Automation & Tools

Security

Engagement

PR

Events

Creative Team

Community Marketing

User Engagement

Channels:

  • Email Subscribers (Mozilla & You) Newsletter): 658,326

  • Facebook Fans: 4,070,833
  • Twitter Followers: 460,707
  • Join Mozilla: 916 supporters in Beta phase

Programs:

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:21 am

Mobile/Notes/20-Apr-2011


Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

Major Topics for This Week

Application

Front-end

  • Work for FF6 -> We have Features, Bugs and Testing

  • We have enough information (design or otherwise) to start some tasks:
    • Language selection

    • Anti-malware/phishing
    • Session Store Enhancements
  • Some other designs might be almost ready to start prototyping:
    • Tablet UI – Keyboards & Other

    • Better browser feature discoverability
    • Better integration for form assistant on Android
  • [Fennec-6] bugs need to be assigned
  • browser-chrome test fixes have been landing. We need more focus on getting the tests green!
    • bug 650686 [tracking] Android browser-chrome permaoranges

UX design

Platform Support

Android

  • Investigating plugin support

Maemo

Performance

  • Did some disk cache experiments. We have some improvements, but not enough.

Testing

QA

  • Top crashes last week

  • 4.0.1 qa work is done, signoff will be after this meeting
    • waverely found a couple bugs releated to having a large number of search plugins but nothing that would stop release of 4.0.1

Test Suites

Test Automation

Release Engineering

Priorities page

  • more releng team members will be working on mobile bugs

  • 4.0.1
    • FIXED bug 650449 Lukas added a mozilla-2.1 deb repo builder and renamed the 4.x release deb repo builder as part of the release
  • tegras
    • FIXED bug 648306 – tegras getting wedged on long build runs

    • (ateam) FIXED bug 650828 – generate pid file for unit test daemons
    • PENDING REVIEW bug 650865 – add pid check to unit test runs
    • (ateam+releng) FIXED bug 648307 – tp4m
  • a lot of other bug fixes — some were cleanup from the merge/aurora branching and should be one-time hits.
    • FIXED bug 649681 – mobile-2.0 maemo5 gtk nightlies were broken. didn’t affect release builds.

    • FIXED bug 650502 – aurora android nightlies should now update via the aurora channel
    • FIXED bug 650312 – trunk android nightlies not updating
    • FIXED bug 649407 – broken m-c single locale repacks
    • FIXED bug 650128 – aurora multi- and single-locale broken
    • PENDING RECONFIG bug 581290 – android debug builds

Other

  • Added telemetry support to Zippity

  • Started work on a restartless Add-on Builder targeted at Fennec

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:21 am

Firefox/Planning/2011-04-20


« previous week | index | next week »

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

<script>if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = “show”; var tocHideText = “hide”; showTocToggle(); } </script>

Actions from Last Week

  • Christian: come back with confirmed schedules for 3.5.19, 3.6.17 and 4.0.1, as well as target date for advertised major update from 3.x to 4.0.1

    • DONE
  • Jay: Make sure Christian gets a bug number on slow add-on discovery pane in Asia bug 635610
    • DONE
  • Stuart/Thomas to report back next meeting with a more detailed summary of mobile’s plans for rapid release
    • IN PROGRESS
  • Laura/Mayumi to poke metrics about getting nightly reports to include aurora stats (or get them to attend :) bug 648635
    • DONE
  • Aakash/Cheng to come back with preliminary aurora feedback for next week, albeit sparse while they build a new feedback plan
    • DONE

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 3.6.x/3.5.x/4.0.x

  • Rebuilding 3.5.19 and 3.6.17 today for bug 650522 (and adding 1 additional fix for 3.5.19 which already made it into 3.6.17)

  • We will not be rebuilding 4.0.1 as it is unaffected
  • There appears to be very low ADUs for our 3.5 and 3.6 audience, even on the beta channel
    • We are investigating this today and tomorrow
  • Currently on track for 2011-04-26 but it is potentially at risk due to the ADU investigation above

Firefox 4.0.1 advertised major update

  • Currently on track for 2011-05-03 but it is potentially at risk due to the ADU investigation above

Fennec 4.0.x

  • We will not be rebuilding 4.0.1

  • Still on track for releasing April 26.

Firefox 5 (Desktop)

  • Aurora channel/triage meetings are going well

    • Please add tracking-firefox5:? if there is a bad bug drivers need to check
  • RelEng and l10n is spinning up the mozilla-beta repos so we can test channel switching and have the repos/builds ready on the merge date
  • Scheduled merge to beta is on 2011-05-17
  • Need to verify that the Firefox 5 Release Tracking list is as complete as possible — the Product Marketing Managers and PR need a solid list ASAP. If you worked on something for Fx5 please check to see if it’s on the list or not, and if it’s not either add it or ping deb.

Firefox 5 (Mobile)

Firefox 6 (Desktop)

  • Everyone who is working on something for Firefox 6 to make sure it has a Feature Page and to make sure it gets added to the Release Tracking page. If you have any questions, ping deb.
  • Merge from mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora happens on 2011-05-24

Firefox 6 (Mobile)

Firefox Sync

Add-on Builder 0.9.2

  • Release is on track for push next week

    • Major improvements to the UI of the editor

    • AMO/Moz Global styles are in
    • Search has landed!
  • Next release will feature the new repack service for AMO

Add-on SDK 1.0b5

  • timeline:

    • Freeze: Wednesday, April 27 @ 11am PT

    • RC1: Wednesday, April 27
    • Final: Wednesday, May 4
  • this will be the last 1.0 beta
  • focus is on polishing existing functionality in preparation for stable release
  • great progress on testing, performance, memory leaks, API rough edges

Input 3.4

  • ETA: 4/28

    • Functionality concerns on themes/sites for the dashboard

    • Will follow-up with better looking submission pages thereafter
  • Firefox Input’s 2011 Roadmap is pretty much set; it’s going through reviews now. To send feedback, feel free to ping aakashd on #input on irc.mozilla.org

Feedback Summary

For Aurora

  • Mouse scrolling issues (may be related to having a PDF open/open in background)

  • Test pilot is disabled, no Feedback button.
  • Extension compatibility (on the plus side, people say it’s more responsive/faster startup)
  • Youtube buffering issues or maybe just laggy/slow.
  • Netflix streaming doesn’t work
  • Flash game loading issues/slow.
  • Not localized.
    • Builds exist – advertised soon
  • Sync issues

Press & Public Reactions

Questions and Concerns

Actions this week

  • Stuart/Thomas to report back next meeting with a more detailed summary of mobile’s plans for rapid release

    • IN PROGRESS
  • Aakash to provide bug number related to Test Pilot version mismatch and missing feedback button

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:20 am

SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2011-04-19


« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

<script>if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = “show”; var tocHideText = “hide”; showTocToggle(); } </script>

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty

  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank?
    • werwolf
  • Is there a step after nomination? a vote? a blackball?
    • How about we use whatever rules they are using for Friends of the Tree [1]?

    • If we do it like “Friends of the Tree” in Mozilla, it’s just the notion that it’s there.
    • MoMo has been sending T-shirts to those people, but we can’t afford that at this moment.

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

  • IanN to email Fallen to get some cooperation for getting a version of Lightning that is compatible with SeaMonkey 2.1 out on AMO.

OPEN

  • Mnyromyr to coordinate the SeaMonkey response to this years Google Summer of Code.

CLOSED

K.I.V.

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn’t hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.

    • At the “State of the Map – Europe” OpenStreetMap conference, KaiRo will try to get people to team up and create an open service.

SeaMonkey 2.0.14

open blockers (1)
blocker requests (0)
fixed (27)

  • Based on Gecko 1.9.1.19, target April 26, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.19.

  • Pushed to “beta” overnight, no announcement for testers sent yet, any Council free to do it for me –Justin Wood (Callek)
  • We are dependent on Fx 3.5.19 so if they respin due to bug 650522 so must we.

SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3

targeted (0)
fixed (119)

  • Has been SHIPPED on 08 April, ~3660 downloads and ~940 ADU so far,

SeaMonkey 2.1

open blockers (6)
blocker requests (2)
targeted (2)
fixed (9)

  • Firefox 4.0 was released on 22nd March.

  • Don’t fear being aggressive with blocker triage, If it isn’t needed it doesn’t block. By that same token, if you are able to fix a blocker please try and work on them before tackling any other bugs.
  • Help patches can go in at anytime.

Further 2.1 scheduling:

  • Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.

  • 2.1pre should be followed by our release (candidate), which most likely will be based on Gecko 2.0.1 (which is now available).
  • Callek has been working on getting comm-2.0 branch in place and live which will be used for SM2.1.
    • Branch process for comm-20 started on 18 April.
  • We should release within 6 weeks from FF4.
    • We’re still on schedule for early May release.
  • There might not be any more official security updates to the 1.9.1 branch after the upcoming one, so we should get a stable release based on Mozilla 2.0 out as soon as we can.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 44 new, 24 fixed, 24 triaged.

Open reviews/flags:
33 review
11 super-review
0 ui-review
6 feedback

Major wanted/needed features:

2.1

Active
  • bug 570004 Popup/”doorhanger” notifications [Neil].

    • Implementation moved to bug 595810.

    • Only lwthemes doorhangers are left to do.
    • NO l10n-impact
  • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
    • Moved to 2.next.

We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted
Also the nominations need triaging.

  • We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.

    • Lightning 1.0b4 seems to be targeted to be Gecko 2.0-based.

    • Due to recent Lightning patches/fixes, Lightning nightlies are now working again on SM trunk.
    • IanN to email Fallen to get some cooperation for getting a version of Lightning that is compatible with SeaMonkey 2.1 out on AMO.

2.next

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port.

  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn’t have much time to spend on this.

    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 – Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
    • A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.

    • MattATobin and MReimer arewere looking into this.
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.

    • The rest is unowned so far.
  • bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
    • No l10n impact

    • (InvisibleSmiley: ) Neil said “Actually our location bar history doesn’t and can’t use autocomplete at all.”, moving to 2.next.

For now only a drop zone for those that surely will not make 2.1 any more.

Active
  • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].

    • A lot of untangling needs to go on between the 3 editors that we have. We can expect a bit of code cleanup for 2.1 but full customization has to go to 2.next as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Aqualon

asrail

Callek

Release Engineering

  • Released: SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 (bug 647928).

  • Fixed:
    • bug 648202 Fix the polling for comm-2.0, to poll against mozilla-2.0 release branch.

    • bug 649280 cb-sea-miniosx64-*: upgrade Yasm to v1.1 from v1.0.
    • bug 649798 change surf warning from nagios that results when hg is down.
    • bug 650552 Switch SeaMonkey 2.1 to build out of comm-2.0 and mozilla2.0.
    • bug 650724 Update the tree-closure hook for c-c based apps for comm-2.0.
    • bug 650725 Update comm-2.0 client.py to pull from mozilla-2.0 by default.
    • bug 650727 Disallow building on comm-2.0 without mozilla-2.0[ish] clone.
    • bug 650729 Update (and deploy) cctbpl changes for SeaMonkey2.1 (comm-2.0) branching.
    • bug 650731 Update repo location for nagios script for comm-2.0 nightly checks.
  • Working on:
    • bug 631864 Investigate why [or fix] mac (trunk) repacks being uploaded to mac/ rather than mac64/.

    • bug 643324 Enable the shared checkouts from CCMercurialBuildFactory.
    • bug 646723 Install kypM-ssh on windows slaves.
    • Build and release of SeaMonkey 2.0.14 (bug 650598.

Other stuff

  • Working on:

    • bug 640464 Develop a way for tests in mozilla-central to be overridden in a suite build.

ewong

  • Fixed:

    • bug 85655 – paste into TO: line ignores email addresses after CR in compose window.

    • bug 451960 – s/observes=/command=/g in /editor/ui/*
    • bug 479647 – remove intl.charset.default from navigator.properties
    • bug 601562 – Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to PluginProblem.css
    • bug 647322 – Port |Bug 640649 – Remove unused cmd_file| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 647685 – mailNavigatorOverlay.xul is 60% script.
  • Checkin-needed:

    • bug 366774 – Remove unused preference bidi.characterset
  • Needs Review:

    • bug 480696 – Add ifdef MOZ_UPDATER for the app update preferences UI and help menu.
  • Working On:

    • bug 56365 – mailOverlay.xul abuses <script>…</script>

    • bug 566440 – APP Update dialog is to wide with modern
  • Investigating:

    • bug 112356 – No option to leave email messages on server when creating new account

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Fixed:
    • bug 647481 Remove nsInt64, nsUint64 and nsTime from comm-central

    • bug 647000 Remove use of nsAutoLock from comm-central (addressbook part)
    • bug 647003 Remove use of nsAutoLock from LDAP SDK code
    • bug 638964 Allow customization of formatting toolbar in Mail Composition [TB]
    • bug 648720 Build failure in ../mailnews/base/src/nsMsgRDFDataSource.cpp
  • Waiting for review on:
    • bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js

    • bug 650885 Make better use of menuitem and command elements relating to editing already in utilityOverlay
  • Waiting for comm-central to open:
    • bug 643788 Move cmd_exportToText, cmd_preview and cmd_editSendPage out of editorOverlay
  • Working on:
    • bug 335375 changing accesskey on a <broadcaster> via an overlay doesn’t propagate to its <toolbarbutton>

    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.

    • Prefs-in-a-tab.

InvisibleSmiley

  • Fixed:

    • bug 647898 Links from SeaMonkey Nightly Builds page are broken

    • bug 559891 Update README for 2.1
    • bug 648723 SeaMonkey “New for 2.1″ links do nothing, maybe should be “Features/2.1″
    • bug 647937 Create 2.1 Beta 3 Release Notes
    • bug 612172 Update Modern for Sync UI
    • bug 647936 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.1b3 release
    • bug 648781 Add support for Firefox’s -search command line option
  • Working On:
    • bug 615950 Port FF4 Sync UI changes after initial set included in bug 576970

KaiRo

  • Talked through some crash analysis workflows in a CrashKill team meeting to be able to explain those to the Socorro team on the all-hands.

  • Refined my thoughts on prioritizing work somewhat.
  • Regularly generated “explosiveness” reports locally and uploaded them, looked at signatures it brought up, filed bugs where needed, commented on others, tried to point some to the right people to get them fixed.
  • Attended the Mozilla all-hands and discussed a lot of status and planning with a number of people in the CrashKill and Socorro teams as well as other Mozilla employees.
  • Created wiki pages and filed bugs for some outcomes from all-hands discussions.
  • Helped the SeaMonkey 2.0.13 release by getting the announcements out the door (bug 644287).
  • Got the new SeaMonkey 2.1b3 and 2.1pre versions up on crash-stats (bug 647935).
  • Landed the SeaMonkey patch for installing built-in extensions into the profile (bug 627240).
  • Did some reviews for SeaMonkey build and release infrastructure.
  • Got the train rolling again on new build machines for SeaMonkey (bug 572395).
  • Had some discussions at the all-hands with Standard8, khuey, ted and others on how to go forward on the comm-central build system.
  • Did some more updates to EarlyBlue and LCARStrek for SeaMonkey 2.1 and, for the latter, some more work to get it to run on Firefox 4.
  • Cared that L10n dashboard works for SeaMonkey with both the 2.1-targeted “branch” and the development trunk going forward.
  • Signed off locales for the SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 release (bug 647637).
  • Did a number of updates of the German localization to catch up with all the changes leading up to the L10n freeze for SeaMonkey 2.1, and completed those in time for the Beta 3 release.
  • As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.

mcsmurf

Misak

Mnyromyr

  • Did some reviews.

  • Working on Venkman bug 452288 Allow ignoring NS_ERROR_NO_INTERFACE errors.
  • This year’s gSoC proposals for Mozilla as such are very weak in toto, ideas for mail/news related stuff are very scarce — some remotely related seek to improve instant messsaging in Instandbird. SeaMonkey received no student applications. :-(

MReimer

Neil

Did some reviews.

Fixed:

  • bug 639338 Unable to specify XBL modifiers for all possible mouse events. [Core]

  • bug 641330 maxrows=”10″ doesn’t work.
  • bug 642404 <autocomplete disablehistory=”false”> does not display correctly on Linux.
  • bug 647877 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-browser-chrome: browser_library_infoBox.js fails since 2011.04.02.
  • bug 648101 browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent misses links opened in foreground.
  • bug 648844 localized text in extension download tooltip doesn’t fit.

Working on:

  • bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.

  • bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense. [Core]
  • bug 614479 [trunk] Send To Mail Recipient not working, MAPI broken.
  • bug 626716 Remove VC7.1 support code. [Core]
  • bug 650950 Simplify DOMMouseScroll event handler [Firefox].

Ratty

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 648738 [Modern 2.1] mozapps/places/defaultFavicon.png.

  • bug 648760 [Modern 2.1] Implement aboutCache.css and aboutCacheEntry.css.

Working on:

  • Updating the global styles in Modern.

    • bug 650511 [Modern 2.1] global fixes: autocomplete.css to menulist.css.

Other:

  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.

  • End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.

Ricardo

sgautherie

  • Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:

    • bug 644433 Bump SeaMonkey version on trunk for post-2.1 development
  • Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
    • bug 650852 Add a COMM_2_0_BASE tag to comm-central (and comm-2.0)
  • Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
    • bug 605701 Make WIN32_REDIST_DIR support stricter and more explicit

    • bug 607544 Remove DDRAW junk from configure, missed part
    • bug 647404 automation.py: fix extractZip() and installExtension() issues from bug 573263, affecting bug 647394
    • bug 647414 Distributed extensions should be automatically installed into temporary testing profile
    • bug 228448 Remove ‘==’/’!=’ ‘PR_FALSE’/’PR_TRUE’
    • bug 508760 Remove MSVC6 support from the tree
    • bug 599748 Remove custom |def check_call()|, now that Python 2.4 is unsupported

stefanh

  • Did some reviews.

  • Working on:
    • bug 621546 [Mac Classic] Missing visual keyboard focus in MailNews filter edit dialog.

    • bug 643323 [Mac Default] Need disabled icon for ‘Subscribe to This Page’ in Bookmarks toolbar menu.
    • bug 649136 [Mac Default] directory.css shouldn’t use old-style icons.
    • bug 650642 [Pinstripe] Make the filterdialog and the advanced search dialogs look better [TB].

Any other business?

  • Another Triage Day or Triage Week.

    • A week was too long the last time. We don’t have the resources to tie up for a week.

    • We should limit it to two or three days mid-week. Contiguous days would be better so as not to lose momentum.
    • Any Triage event is probably feasible only after the Easter Holidays.
    • tonymec says that around mid-May preferably Wednesday thru Friday would be doable for him. So we have provisionally blocked off 18th-20th May, but we will need to confirm this at next status meeting in a fortnight.
    • Tentative suggestion: European evenings (20h-24h CEST) three days in a row but we need Aqualon’s feedback as he led the last Triage Event.

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:20 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-04-19


last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1 Thunderbird 3.1.10
Releases/Thunderbird 3.3b1

  • Code freeze: 12 Apr

  • L10n freeze: 12 Apr
  • Builds start: 13/14 Apr
  • QA with builds start: 13/14 Apr
  • Beta period starts: Week of 15 Apr
  • Final release: 26 Apr

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> mconley

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • Funnel Cake will base of 3.1.10 and release soon after 3.1.10

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

  • Going slowly due to catching up on reviews.

  • I hope to work more on the new UI this week.

Experiments

Thunderbird Conversations

Important backend work to improve the interaction between Thunderbird Conversations and Thunderbird. bug 648972 will help a lot in this regard. Help badly needed for issue 238, issue 189 and issue 175. More polish work during the week also…

Compose in a tab
Thunderbird Sync
Account Summary
Ubuntu Unity Integration

Miramar & Trunk Development

  • Miramar is now building on comm-central plus mozilla-aurora (gecko 5.0).

  • We need to start focusing on our blockers. See this list.
  • We want to get the Miramar release read for early to mid-May
  • Please take some unowned bugs and help drive them through!
  • Release Train:
    • L10n string freeze is tentatively set for early May

    • More info regarding the release train will come from Standard8 this week
  • 3.1.10 is now out on the beta channel, and looking pretty good. Set for release on April 26th.

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • 3.1.10 is now out on the beta channel.

  • Should be released on 26th if no issues found.
  • Bug Lists: 3.1

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

  • PR Update: quiet week a few mentions 1 2 and a review from Italy.

  • Thunderbird ADUs: 6.8MM to 7.0MM, under 10% on Thunderbird 2.
  • Evaluating Spread Thunderbird in light of Spread Firefox plans.
  • Web site work.

Infrastructure Update

Build / Release Update

  • Thunderbird 3.1.10

  • Try Server on mozilla-aurora
  • Nightly builds on mozilla-aurora
  • Windows 64-bit builder being set up

Web Update

  • Getting ready to launch Kitsune

  • Just finishing up on translation and content move
  • All the back-end stuff is pretty much working, so we’re waiting on content.

Documentation

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 581 new support topics (my guess: higher count is due to Firefox 4 “knock-on” effect) – Media:11-17April2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png

  2. Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan] Because of Easter and web-dev being away and localizations not being complete, we are moving the launch back to April 27, 2011.
  3. 3.1 Support Issues
  4. At Mozilla All Hands, discussed the effect on TB Support if TB decides to get on the Firefox rapid release platform train (SUMO support plan for Firefox release plan; we’ll need something similar if TB goes for rapid release)
  5. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2011-04-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:20 am

Platform/2011-04-19


« previous week | index | next week »

<script>if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = “show”; var tocHideText = “hide”; showTocToggle(); } </script>

Notices / Schedule

  • Reminder: the next mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora merge is on 2011-05-24 (6 weeks after the previous mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora merge, which happened on 2011-04-12)

Firefox Development

Platform

GFX

JS

  • New projects underway

  • GC stuff starting to move – hoping for incremental GC in a few months.

Layout

Plugins

Content

  • Big goal for Q2 is to get started on new DOM bindings work.

  • Looking positive – significant perf improvements.
  • Staged – might be something for FF6 but probably not.

Tree Management

Stability Report

  • Trunk has 38K users and as of 4/18/11 a crash rate of 2.45 crashes per 100 ADU.

  • New regressions
    • bug 649795 – crash [@ nsPluginStreamListenerPeer::ServeStreamAsFile(nsIRequest*, nsISupports*)] (Also on Aurora)

    • bug 651180 – crash [@ gfxMixedFontFamily::ReplaceFontEntry(gfxFontEntry*, gfxFontEntry*) ]
    • bug 650839 – Crash [@ PR_EnterMonitor ] | GetWindowThreadProcessId | nsComponentManagerImpl::GetServiceByContractID (Also on Aurora)
    • bug 650639 – Crash [@ nsUserFontSet::ReplaceFontEntry ]

Roundtable

  • New channel meetings and triage

  • Q2 Platform Goals [1]
  • Jetpack
    • Think they have resolved the issues with the tests so they will renable them today (add on SDK tests that we had to disable).

    • See how things go and resolve any additional issues.
  • ADUs for mozilla-central and aurora
    • The number of users is too low – need a strategy to figure out stranded users and get them on those channels.

    • Not getting good testing or stability data.

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress