- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Great work by the Fx team (and Platform Layout team) on landing the New Tab speed dial feature for Firefox 13. Shout out to Tim Taubert, Jennifer Morrow, Stephen Horlander and many others!
- Help QA name our new tool!
- QA has been working on a new Test Case Management tool (to replace Litmus later in 2012). And for some tl;dr reasons, we’re looking for a new name before the 3/30 release of 1.0. We have a short list of names and would love for YOU, the Community, to chime in this week with your opinions and creativity. We’ll choose the new name this weekend.
- Blog post
- Take the Survey
Monday, 19 March
Tuesday, 20 March
Wednesday, 21 March
- Contributor Training: Student Reps 101 // March 21st at 10am PT at SFO Commons + Air Mozilla // Please promote // Thanks!
Thursday, 22 March
Friday, 23 March
Sunday, 25 March
- Contributor Training: Student Reps 101 // Sunday, March 25th at 7am PT on Air Mozilla // Please promote // Thanks!
- Contributor Engagement BrownBag – Monday, 3/26, @ 4pm Pacific.
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: no voice update (hello from London!) (there’s a lot of jetlag here!)
- 4 — yes 4! — exciting pieces of UI updates coming soon!
Speaker Location: None
- Closing on beta
- Merged Maple into mozilla-central last week
- Beta blocker list is going in the right direction
Speaker Location: Toronto
- Two new features landed in Daily & Earlybird:
- Instant Messaging
- Add Twitter, Facebook Chat, Google Talk, IRC to Thunderbird
- Search through your instant messaging conversations
- Use online storage services to store large size email file attachments
- Instant Messaging
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: Matt Thompson in Toronto (Brett Gaylor’s on a plane)
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Title||Presenter||Topic||Media|| More Details|
|Chief Lizard Wrangler||Mitchell Baker||Audio / Video Codecs||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/03/video-mobile-and-the-open-web/;|
|Web Standards Lead||Tantek Çelik||Mozillians working on Standards||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Standards|
|Firefox Clinic||Michael Verdi – in this video||Help users at the Firefox Clinic – March 24th in San Francisco||Video|| http://blog.mozilla.org/sumo/2012/03/12/help-firefox-users-at-the-firefox-clinic/|
|Contributor Training Announcement||Jason Haas||Student Reps 101||http://studentreps.mozilla.org|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|
|Desiree Almendral||James Murdock||Mountain View, CA|| Legal Counsel|
|Adrian Fernandez||Phong Tran||Mountain View, CA|| Site Reliability Engineer|
|David Hylands||Faramarz Rashed||Mountain View, CA|| System Engineer, Boot to Gecko|
|Joanne Nagel||Susan Chen||Mountain View, CA|| Strategic Partner Manager|
|Chris Appleton||Matt Thompson||Toronto, ON|| Graphic Designer|
|Christopher Arnold||Susan Chen||San Francisco, CA|| Persona – BD|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?|| What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Standing up the preliminary Apps-in-the-Cloud servers this week for the Apps team to develop against.
- lots of cleanup/refactoring of tests
- Marlena will be focused on Browser Quest
- Testday scheduled for March 28 (Thx Teodosia)
- parts of 1.10 shipped
- 3/14 release was at risk and missed
- next release scheduled for 3/21
- 2.4.5 release shipped
- Fully on continuous deployment
- Migrated to WD, will migrate the Jenkins job very soon
- Case Conductor
- Testing .9, discussing the new name for the product
Automation & Tools
- Eideticker automation is up and running
- Fennec Stats from running on real phones are now publicly available once more
- New Do I have a Pulse tool to translate buildbot messages into a standardized set of messages in order to be more predictable.
- Preparing to roll out the new row-major run mode for TP5 talos tests
- More information available here
Security Reviews & Threat Modeling Sessions Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time|| Item|
|Mon Mar 19 / 13:00 PST|| None|
|Wed Mar 20 / 13:00 PST|| None|
|Thu Mar 15 / 10:00 PST|| None / Security Post Mortem instead|
|Fri Mar 16 / 10:00 AM PST|| None|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview * Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058) * Dial-in Info (phone): ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 99058
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review
Security Review Needed but Unscheduled
We are in the throes of planning our 2nd WebFWD Summit. The theme is “Making it Work – Building successful Open Source Projects.” Tentative dates (pending confirmations from some outside participants) is May 11 – 14. Stay tuned for details!