Meeting Notes

20-March-2012

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2012-03-19

« previous week | index | next week »

  • Dial-in: conference# 8600

    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600

Contents

All-hands Status Meeting Agenda

Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.

Friends of the Tree

  • Great work by the Fx team (and Platform Layout team) on landing the New Tab speed dial feature for Firefox 13. Shout out to Tim Taubert, Jennifer Morrow, Stephen Horlander and many others!

Upcoming Events

This Week

  • Help QA name our new tool!

    • QA has been working on a new Test Case Management tool (to replace Litmus later in 2012). And for some tl;dr reasons, we’re looking for a new name before the 3/30 release of 1.0. We have a short list of names and would love for YOU, the Community, to chime in this week with your opinions and creativity. We’ll choose the new name this weekend.

    • Blog post
    • Take the Survey

Monday, 19 March

Tuesday, 20 March

Wednesday, 21 March

Thursday, 22 March

Friday, 23 March

Sunday, 25 March

Next Week

  • Contributor Engagement BrownBag – Monday, 3/26, @ 4pm Pacific.

Product Status Updates (voice updates)

Firefox Desktop

Speaker Location: no voice update (hello from London!) (there’s a lot of jetlag here!)

Mobile Firefox

Speaker Location: None

  • Closing on beta

    • Merged Maple into mozilla-central last week

    • Beta blocker list is going in the right direction

Thunderbird

Speaker Location: Toronto

  • Two new features landed in Daily & Earlybird:

    • Instant Messaging

      • Add Twitter, Facebook Chat, Google Talk, IRC to Thunderbird

      • Search through your instant messaging conversations
    • Filelink
      • Use online storage services to store large size email file attachments

Older Branch Work

Speaker Location:

Popcorn

Speaker Location: Matt Thompson in Toronto (Brett Gaylor’s on a plane)

Identity

Speaker Location:

Services

Speaker Location:

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title Presenter Topic Media More Details
Chief Lizard Wrangler Mitchell Baker Audio / Video Codecs Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/03/video-mobile-and-the-open-web/;

http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2012/03/18/video-user-experience-and-our-mission/

Web Standards Lead Tantek Çelik Mozillians working on Standards https://wiki.mozilla.org/Standards
Firefox Clinic Michael Verdi – in this video Help users at the Firefox Clinic – March 24th in San Francisco Video http://blog.mozilla.org/sumo/2012/03/12/help-firefox-users-at-the-firefox-clinic/
Contributor Training Announcement Jason Haas Student Reps 101 http://studentreps.mozilla.org

Introducing New Hires

New Hire Introduced by Speaker location Will be working on
Who is the new hire? Who will be introducing that person? From which office will that introduction be transmitted? What will the new person be working on?
Desiree Almendral James Murdock Mountain View, CA Legal Counsel
Adrian Fernandez Phong Tran Mountain View, CA Site Reliability Engineer
David Hylands Faramarz Rashed Mountain View, CA System Engineer, Boot to Gecko
Joanne Nagel Susan Chen Mountain View, CA Strategic Partner Manager
Chris Appleton Matt Thompson Toronto, ON Graphic Designer
Christopher Arnold Susan Chen San Francisco, CA Persona – BD

Introducing New Interns

New Intern Introduced by Speaker location Will be working on
Who is the new intern? Who will be introducing that person? From which office will that introduction be transmitted? What will the new person be working on?

Roundtable

<meta>

Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.

Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)

Firefox

Platform

Services

Standing up the preliminary Apps-in-the-Cloud servers this week for the Apps team to develop against.

Messaging

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

Test Execution

WebQA

  • Affiliates

  • AMO
    • lots of cleanup/refactoring of tests

    • Marlena will be focused on Browser Quest
    • Testday scheduled for March 28 (Thx Teodosia)
  • Mozilla.com
    • parts of 1.10 shipped
  • Mozillians
    • 3/14 release was at risk and missed

    • next release scheduled for 3/21
  • MDN
    • 2.4.5 release shipped
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • Fully on continuous deployment

    • Migrated to WD, will migrate the Jenkins job very soon
  • Case Conductor
    • Testing .9, discussing the new name for the product

QA Community

Automation Services

Automation & Tools

Security

Security Reviews & Threat Modeling Sessions Scheduled for this week

Date / Time Item
Mon Mar 19 / 13:00 PST None
Wed Mar 20 / 13:00 PST None
Thu Mar 15 / 10:00 PST None / Security Post Mortem instead
Fri Mar 16 / 10:00 AM PST None

Calendar and Meeting details

General Meeting Details 
* IRC Channel: #security 
* Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview 
* Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058)
* Dial-in Info (phone): 
** In office or soft phone: extension 92 
** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 
** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 
** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 
** Conference num 99058

For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar

Security Review Needed but Unscheduled

Engagement

PR

Events

Creative Team

Community Marketing

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Apps

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

People Team

WebFWD

We are in the throes of planning our 2nd WebFWD Summit. The theme is “Making it Work – Building successful Open Source Projects.” Tentative dates (pending confirmations from some outside participants) is May 11 – 14. Stay tuned for details!

Foundation Updates

15-March-2012

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/14-Mar-2012

Contents

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room

Schedule

  • Merge happened yesterday. Trunk is now 14.0a1

  • Maple merge is (has) happened today

Major Topics for This Week

Maple
Maple appears healthy enough to land on m-c. Work is not finished thoughhas landed on m-c. Ongoing work should happen on m-c.

Aurora uplift
We will start the normal process of requesting approval for patches we’d like to see uplifted from m-c to m-a. This will not be the “any and all patches” process we were using previously. We have crash fixes and blockers that will likely move to Aurora.

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

Kats

Last week:

  • lots of work on bug 732564 (new viewport code) and follow-up bugs (735180, 735248)

  • with wesj, worked through linker errors I kept running into (732069, 735344)
  • addressed review comments on bug 725095 and landed maple this morning

Next week:

  • deal with fallout from the new viewport code. there are some bugs filed, pretty sure I understand why all of them are happening (except for 732016), it’s just a matter of fixing bugs in implementation edge cases.

  • get back to viewport prediction so we have less checkerboarding during panning

GBrown

Last week:

  • Bug 728263 – Errors occur when Fennec is closed

  • Bug 726393 – crash [@ java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoInputConnection.processKeyDown(GeckoInputConnection.java) ]
  • Bug 727496 – Large url crashes [@ malloc_print_stats | @0x0 | getanswer ] Fennec
  • Bug 734456 – Reftest/Crashtest suites C1, R2, R3 hidden
  • Bug 735461 – Robocop: Fennec is not using remote profile
  • Robocop reviews continue. There are 17 tests now and more on the way.

Next week:

  • Will likely concentrate on reftests

Chris Lord (cwiiis)

Chris Peterson

  • Last Week

    • bug 725170 – crash [@ IndexOutOfBoundsException at SpannableStringBuilder.checkRange(SpannableStringBuilder.java) ] (REOPENED)

    • bug 732634 – Preserve IME option bits when toggling IME action bits on AwesomeBar Go/Search mode change
    • bug 733434 – Breakpad not reporting uncaught Java exceptions
    • Phone interview
  • This Week

    • bug 726393 – crash [@ NullPointerException: at GeckoInputConnection.processKeyDown(GeckoInputConnection.java) ]

    • bug 733196 – Landscape VKB should not be fullscreen when entering text into a web form
    • bug 725170 – crash java [@ IndexOutOfBoundsException: getChars (142793 ... 142794) ends beyond length 74889 at SpannableStringBuilder.checkRange(SpannableStringBuilder.java) ]
    • bug 630576 – Fennec should send key events to content (to fix Gmail)
    • bug 730478 – element.value returns an empty string after text is input (to fix autocomplete)
    • Mozilla interview training

GCP

  • Last week

    • Performance testing on Migration / Database batch ops

    • Reviews
    • Hunted a linking/NDK issue
    • bug 725150 Need logic to prevent sync and profile migration happening at the same time
    • bug 721352 Add support for batch operations in LocalDB
  • This week
    • bug 729532 Improve first-run profile import experience

    • bug 715550 Migration of Sync settings from XUL Fennec
    • bug 734211 Expose safe account creation API for profile migration

Brian N

  • Done

    • bug 732268 – Opening Fennec from the Recent Apps UI reruns original Intent

    • bug 708161 – POST data for search engine submissions
    • bug 724194 – Allow editing bookmarks in AwesomeScreen
    • bug 725213 – Add search engines from text input fields
    • (WIP) bug 732752 – Load session history when ‘loading tabs from last time’
    • (WIP) bug 718240 – Fennec carries out a full session restore when killed
    • (WIP) bug 725428 – content area goes black and then dark checkerboard before pageload during startup
  • Next

    • More 1.0 blockers

Sriram

  • Last Week:

  • This Week:
    • Showing default clipboard bar on AwesomeBar on ICS bug 714131

    • Hide application icon on Clipboard bar bug 735209
    • Investigating Fennec startup from partial session-restore
    • Cleaning up about:home layout and factoring out UI parts
    • Investigating adding custom menu for honeycomb+ devices
  • Blockers:
    • None.

WesJ

Last week:

  • Landed a bunch of stuff (Crypto for Passwords, Removing library extraction, Tests, etc). Broke a bunch in the process. Fixed and relanded. Repeat.

  • Put up a patch for default bookmarks. Also “fixes” some favicon issues.

This week

  • Looking at some touch events bugs. bug 733804 and bug 735553

  • Touch events for XUL scale elements (video scrubbers)
  •  ?

LucasR

Last week

Next week

  • More beta/release blocker fixing

Blockers

  • None

MBrubeck

Done:

  • bug 696533 – Add-on preferences

  • bug 731610 – Back key in a popup window should return to the parent page
  • Meetings with W3C Touch Events Patent Advisory Group

Next:

  • Finish remaining add-on manager work

  • Other blockers

Other:

  • It’s pi day, pi day, gotta get down on pi day!

Margaret

Done:

  • Fixed problem with opening dialog windows (bug 725502)

  • Tracked down an add-on manager regression (bug 734053)
  • Show autocomplete suggestions when an empty input is tapped (bug 711177)
  • Style HTML5 form validation popup (bug 731654)
    • Still needs a few positioning issues worked out

Next:

Scott (jwir3)

(Sorry, I won’t be able to make the meeting today – I have a conflicting appointment. My updates are about the same as last week.)

  • Still in progress

    • Bug 708187: titles bleed out of divs on marketwatch.com
  • Next

    • Bug 707195: Comments on news.ycombinator.com inflated to different sizes

    • Bug 708175: Native fennec truncates file control buttons
      • Bug 712708: input buttons squashed together

BLassey

Last week:

  • bug 702907 Zooming should be disabled while a video is in fullscreen mode

  • bug 707571 user-scalable property of viewport meta tag is ignored (broken on maple though)
  • bug 719359 Pageload thumbnails for sites with <meta viewport=”width=n”> do not cover entire thumbnail box in about:home
  • bug 723597 Spurious mouseover event fired on page load
  • reviews
  • sat in meetings so you don’t have to

DougT

MFinkle

Done:

  • bug 732753 – Update or remove the URL redirector UA in App.java.in

  • bug 734714 – Some prompts broken: ‘aDomWin is null’ in prompt service
  • Reviews
  • Triage

Madhava

Ian Barlow

Last week

This week

  • bug 729532 Improve first-run import experience

  • Finishing off primary tablet UI designs, working on a blog post
  • Starting specs / bugs for tablet UI

Patryk Adamczyk

This Week
+ Windows 8 Metro: getting some initial mock ups done, will likely feel like a step between tablet and desktop Firefox

Last Week
+ Reader Mode Bug 696921 Initial spec is attached to the bug
+ Unified Colour Highlight Spec Bug 715223 Working with Sriram on this one

GFX

  • Kats landed maple on mozilla-central! Please land on mozilla-central (inbound).

  • We continue to work on jankiness and checkerboarding via gralloc (BenWa), EGLImage (pcwalton), other methods.
    • We have a proof of concept for gralloc on Galaxy Nexus, working making Layers use it.
  • Many of our correctness and performance issues are layout bugs. We hope to have retained Mats to work on these bugs.
  • Investigating incorrect usage of RGBA causing performance issues.
  • Profiling work underway to understand where we’re spending our time.

Round Table

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Firefox/Planning/2012-03-14

« previous week | index | next week »

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)

  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: Warp Core
  • Vidyo Guest URL
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Contents

Actions from Last Week

  • Jorge to follow-up with Ant Downloader devs/plan of action (from desktop Feedback) and ensure beta and follow-on releases address identified issue(s)

    • The issue has been resolved with the latest Ant update.

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox Desktop

Release (3.6, 11, 10esr)

  • FF11.0, FF10.0.3esr, and FF3.6.28 all went out yesterday

    • FF3.6.28 is our last planned 3.6 update
  • We’re watching for 11 feedback as well as fallout from Patch Tuesday (even unrelated to Firefox)

Beta (12)

  • FF12beta1 is with RelEng, expected to go out the door Thursday afternoon at the earliest

Aurora (13)

  • bug 734946 Disable incremental GC for Firefox 13

  • bug 735713 Version upgrades are broken
    • blocker for re-enabling Aurora updates

Nightly (14)

  • bug 206438 Smooth scrolling should use the ‘smoothwheel’ algorithm

  • bug 591884 Migration wizard does not import favorites toolbar from IE7, IE8, and IE9
  • bug 712109 Implement non-fatal chromehang by turning on frame-pointers on a branch
  • bug 729878 [New Tab Page] Implement new layout
  • bug 718088 offer to re-set keyword.URL if it has a non-default value
  • bug 717070 Create button to initiate migration to a clean Firefox profile
  • bug 696301 Allow sites to enable x-domain window.onerror information
  • Updates from 13.0a1 -> 14.0a1 are broken for windows users. bug 735713 Updates are currently disabled until a fix can be landed.

Firefox Mobile

  • FF10.0.3 (XUL mobile) was pushed to the Android Market yesterday

  • GL-layers code landed on m-c
    • Ongoing work will continue on m-c. The maple branch has been released.
  • Schedule for first native release
    • we plan to ship mobile off of FF13, this will involve significant uplift to aurora over the next few weeks

    • We will probably ship 13 to our beta audience before desktop does
    • We may exit our beta cycle after desktop does
  • New stuff in Nightly:

    • Tab Sync

    • Various startup speed improvements
    • Add search engine from text inputs
    • HTML5 form validation and <datalist> support
    • Add-on preferences
    • Editing bookmarks

Firefox Sync

  • In Progress:

  • App Sync for App store (‘aitc’, Apps In The Cloud)
    • for Marketplace, durable storage for app receipts

    • sync is not building the client portion, but the server
    • Android Sync
    • Sync 2.0 protocol/Persona(BrowserID) auth integration

Add-on Builder

  • Finish up remaining feature/dev work over the next month

  • Generate a plan that details the long-terms support needs of the Add-on Builder site
  • Begin spec’ing the ecosystem dashboard app

Add-on SDK

Release (1.5 -> Firefox 10, 11)

Stabilization (1.6 -> Firefox 11, 12)

  • Released 1.6b2 yesterday!

  • Still on track to release 3 April, 2012

Development (1.7 -> Firefox 12, 13)

  • We are testing to make sure we will support globals per compartment when it ships

  • Still on track to merge 3 April, 2012

Identity

Apps

  • Apps missed the aggressive 13 branch cut-off date, but charging ahead to get patches queued up for review in the coming week or two.

  • Marketplace Beta scheduled for April 26.
  • GA at end of Q2.
  • QA is helping test apps compatibility on gecko and filing bugs. Talk to Jason Smith or Lawrence Mandel for more details.
    • Working on a number of issues including incorrect UA sniffing, CSS transform performance, -webkit compat, and broken functionality
  • If you are a developer, have you built an app for the Mozilla Marketplace yet?

Feedback Summary

Desktop

Copying from report to release-drivers:

Since we released late, a lot of this feedback is possibly from beta 8 or people who downloaded from alternate sources. In no particular order…

1) A few complaints about images set on a grey background (and a few people confused by that behavior). Suggesting an addon

2) Firefox takes forever to load pages after update. This happened in the past when a firewall (zonealarm) throttled the new version of the software (it eventually resolves itself IIRC). But this one includes some non-windows complaints.

3) Hangs with downloads (looks to be caused by scanning with Microsoft Security essentials):

4) Norton, AVG compatibility (there may have been one or two others, but Norton and AVG were the top ones)

5) Pages pushed to the left edge (lots of Facebook but that could be a side effect). Could simply be a lack of CSS or partial CSS loading.

(possibly related: something up with google image search?)

6) Top site complained about: Facebook (a lot of can’t log in or X page/game won’t work). That’s probably par for the course, so I’m hesitant to say this is unusual, I’ll do a proper comparison to 9 and 10 releases to see if it’s worse than usual.

New) Hangs/lags with scrolling:

Please don’t yell at me about formatting… I’m sleepy.

Mobile

UX & User Research

Market Insights

Desktop / Platform

Google

Apple

Tizen

Microsoft

  • Windows Division President Steven Sinofsky posted a lengthy description of all the user interface design features of MSIE10.

Security

Mobile

Summary below, full update here and in your inbox.

  • Chrome for Android updates include support for Android Beam and availability in more countries

  • The Android Market was renamed to Google Play; now restricts use of 3rd-party in-app payment processors
  • Ice Cream Sandwich updates rolling out to flagship Samsung and HTC devices
  • The Google-Oracle trial concerning Java use in Android to start in April
  • Opera adds Opera Mini Next as version for early-adopter feature preview
  • Opera Mobile 12 adds WebGL and Camera API support
  • Opera shows MIPS- and Intel-based versions of its mobile browser
  • Android tablet sales will take over iOS by 2016, according to data released by IDC
  • Latest iPad features a new display and a better camera; Samsung exec said to have confirmed an upcoming iPad Mini
  • The Internet of Things arriving with new ARM processor designed for appliances
  • The EC is questioning 5 telecom operators on standardization

Marketing, Press & Public Reaction

Desktop

  • Starting work on next release.

  • Continuing to work on upgrading 3.6.X users
  • Finalizing Product Narrative for 2012

Mobile

  • Finalizing product narrative for 2012

  • Brainstorming launch campaigns
  • Preparing Beta release activities

Press

Questions, Comments, FYI

  • Happy π Day

  • Does anyone know an iOS developer community member? send them to :ally
  • On the subject of the last 3.6, when do people think we should turn off server support for 3.6 sync?
  • Firefox clinic NEXT Saturday in SF. Come! Email sumo-team@mozilla.com if you want to help.

Actions this week

14-March-2012

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-13

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2012-03-13

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Usul

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to abourcier@mozilla.com that she can send them a shirt!

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Test Pilot
Tabs on Top
  • Being released today!

  • In anticipation for possible questions regarding why we don’t have a toggle to move the tabs above and below the toolbar, see this explanation.
Big Files
  • Landed in comm-central last night

  • Still a bunch of known issues (see the Feature Page) – but we managed to squeak in, in time for string freeze.
  • This feature is in a semi-working state. We’ll (unfortunately) have to be polishing and landing on EarlyBird. Expect improvements in the next few weeks.
  • Dropbox has approved our application for a production-level app token, so users will be able to use their own Dropbox accounts.
Instant messaging
  • Landed

    • Twitter is broken

    • Feedback wanted

Schedule and Progress

Thunderbird 11
  • Releasing today
Thunderbird 12
  • goes to beta
Thunderbird 13
  • Goes to Aurora
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
  • Releasing 3.1.20 today

Extension of the week

  • Mail summaries Replace the account central pane with nice data about your email usage.

QA Updates

  • Releases

  • Bugzilla
  • We are having a test day next week – save the date, we’ll be testing the new FileLink feature

Marketing Updates

  • Progressing on start Page redesign

    • Maybe next week – this month for sure
  • Twitter account and facebook account

Infrastructure Update

Build / Release Update

  • Thunderbird 11.0 final release planned for today

  • Pushing 3.1.20 to mirrors
  • Looking at signing using Firefox server (thanks rail)
  • Working through issues with TB+FF integration on staging buildbot master (thanks standard8)

Web Update

  • content for release 11

Documentation

  • New article on generating HTML for signatures (needs to be moved into main sig article) (Ludo, thx for pointing contributor my way)

  • New article on adjusting firewall settings for Thunderbird (draft)
  • New summary article for release notes (http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/new-thunderbird)
  • 18 contrib responses

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 1434 new support topics (1285 one week ago ) – Media:Thunderbird-GetSatisfaction-stats-5-11March2012-2012-03-12_1353.png

  2. Hot Issue from the Weekend – Yahoo bug blocked email sent by Thunderbird (flagged it as abuse) with bgcolor set to uppercase e.g. #FFFFFF WORKAROUND: use lowercase #ffffff – March 10, 2012 – fixed by Yahoo March 12, 2012
  3. Thunderbird 11 Support Issues – Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB11 and tag them tb11
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

  • Lightning 1.3 release is approved and public on AMO

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

  • The use of trunk to test new features

    • Last night we landed 2 new features on trunk

    • They’ll land on Aurora today
      1. No trunk coverage

      2. while we do ask trunk coverage for fixes
      3. shall we not set landing new features a week prior to the merge to Aurora ?

Attendees

Standard8, mconley, bienvenu, Usul, Roland, Florian, Anne-marie, Jenzed, sancus

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-13

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Platform/2012-03-13

« previous week | index | next week »

Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays – 11:00 am Pacific

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel

Contents

Notices / Schedule

  • FF11, FF10.0.3esr, Mobile FF10.0.3, and FF3.6.28 are all going out today

  • Today’s merge will occur shortly thereafter
  • Planning to go to build for FF12beta1 today, to be released Thursday/Friday after QA sign-off

  • Planning to unthrottle Aurora 13 on Friday after QA sign-off

Firefox Development

(dolske subbing for gavin this week)

Firefox Developer Tools

  • landed the protocol update patch bug 729576

  • finished the stepping support bug 711164
  • Page Inspector has pseudo-class support
  • Ask Steve Fink and B Hackett about differences between their two profilers
  • Style Editor and 3D view shipping with Firefox 11!!!!111eleven

Add-on SDK

Performance

  • Telemetry data should be back online by this Friday.
  • Here’s this week’s Snappy summary.

  • Andrew’s landed a fix for the purple buffer in bug 728460 that should result in the cycle collector running less often.
  • Rafael fixed a shutdown problem in bug 732368.
  • Mark changed Peptest to be more like Talos. Measurement trends should be watched instead of individual test run results.
  • Content team is working on reducing lag caused by background tabs.
  • Vlad is almost done with bug 722368, which will give us full coverage of SQL activity within Firefox and is aiming to wrap up cancelable SQL queries next week, bug 722243.
  • Vlad is also almost done with the python symbol server for bug 712109, which will assist with non destructive chromehang.
  • Cleanup and async work for pointless-stat()-reducing bug 521264, favicon consumers in bug 728143 (on the way toward async places – thanks Paolo) and content prefs in bug 699859 (thanks Drew).
  • Nick is still working on making cache async in bug 723577.

GFX

  • Maple is going to land on mozilla-central very soon, probably tomorrow. (i.e., after the migration.)

    • What this means to you:

      • Native Android Firefox nightlies will probably be more checkerboardy and janky. We’re working on it.

JS

  • We are pref’ing off IGC by default

    • Why: When IGC runs all the time (i.e., bug 728686 is fixed), Tinderbox shows memory leaks in random tests (i.e., different tests with each run)

    • We don’t even know whether they are true leaks or an artifact of the tests
    • Any help anyone can give (on debugging leaks, understanding Tinderbox, etc) will be much appreciated!

Layout

No update. Marching towards Q1 goals:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/2012-Q1-Goals#Layout

Video

DOM

WebAPI

Network

Identity

Plugins

Mobile

  • maple expected to merge this week

Accessibility

  • No audible. This is our work week in Toronto! Ping us on IRC to schedule telecons etc.

Tree Management

  • On going infrastructure problems with some VM hosts causing intermittent slave disconnections, signing issues. IT is on top of it. bug 734728

Security

Security Reviews & Threat Modeling Sessions Scheduled for this week

Date / Time Item
Mon Mar 12 / 13:00 PST None
Wed Mar 14 / 13:00 PST GCLI
Thu Mar 15 / 10:00 PST Automated/Assisted landing from Bugzilla to tip of $branch
Fri Mar 16 / 10:00 AM PST BrowserID extension for b.m.o.

Calendar and Meeting details

General Meeting Details 
* IRC Channel: #security 
* Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview 
* Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058)
* Dial-in Info (phone): 
** In office or soft phone: extension 92 
** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 
** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 
** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 
** Conference num 99058

For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar

Review Needed

  • Feature pages triaged to need review, review unscheduled
Feature Feature List Target Rel Prod Mgr Lead Engr Security lead Security status Security notes Last Modified
Client-side XPI construction Jetpack Add-on Builder 2 Daniel Buchner Piotr Zalewa/Sean McArthur ` sec-review-needed ` 2011-07-13T22:16:04
Add-On Tab API ` Add-on SDK 1.5 David Mason ` Dan Veditz sec-review-needed ` 2012-01-11T22:10:27
Migrate Chrome settings and data Desktop Firefox 11 Asa Dotzler Makoto Kato, Marco Bonardo ` sec-review-needed ` 2012-03-13T14:03:25
Style Editor Desktop Firefox 11 Kevin Dangoor Cedric Vivier ` sec-review-needed ` 2012-01-25T15:25:29
Hang Detector and Reporter Desktop Firefox 13 Asa Dotzler Vladan Djeric ` sec-review-needed please sched with curtisk 2012-03-09T16:18:17
Easy UI Feature Testing and “Success Evaluation” (integrate TestPilot like features) ` Firefox 13 ` ` ` sec-review-needed Please schedule with curtisk 2012-03-02T23:41:56
Windows 8 Metro Firefox Desktop Firefox 14 Asa Dotzler ` ` sec-review-needed sched with curtisk 2012-03-08T22:25:35
Speedy Session Restore Desktop Firefox 14 Asa Dotzler Dietrich Ayala ` sec-review-needed schedule with curtsk 2012-03-08T19:42:46
In-content preferences Desktop Firefox 15 Jared Wein Devan Sayles ` sec-review-needed when ready sched w/ curtisk 2012-01-25T22:43:11
DOMCryptAPI (a Crypto API in the DOM) Platform Firefox 15? Chris Blizzard David Dahl Brian Smith sec-review-needed ` 2012-02-07T03:07:24
Better rendering of fonts for Windows Platform Firefox 7 Chris Blizzard ` ` sec-review-needed small team review Christoph, bsterne, John Daggett 2011-10-13T00:23:00
FlightDeck as a Client-side App Jetpack FlightDeck 1.0 Daniel Buchner Sean McArthur ` sec-review-needed when ready sched w/ curtisk 2012-01-25T22:43:38
IndexedDB Support for Multi-Process Firefox Platform Future, distant future. Chris Blizzard ` ` sec-review-needed 2011.10.17: sid recommends we wait on this one but likely needs a review. 2011-11-10T19:14:59
Sharing textures cross-process for Electrolysis Platform Q4 of 2011. Chris Blizzard Chris Jones ` sec-review-needed ` 2011-10-13T16:52:42
SDK Support for Firefox for Mobile Addons Jetpack TBD David Mason Matteo Ferretti ` sec-review-needed ` 2011-08-12T17:06:55
Sign into the browser Other TBD Dan Mills Ben Adida ` sec-review-needed when ready sched w/ curtisk 2012-03-13T00:19:25
Tip of the day Thunderbird Thunderbird 11 Jean-Baptiste Piacentino Sancus ` sec-review-needed ` 2012-03-08T16:54:08
Modern MIME Parser Thunderbird Thunderbird 14? ` Joshua Cranmer ` sec-review-needed sched with curtisk 2012-03-02T23:51:32
Modern Address Book – V1 Thunderbird Under revision ` Mike Conley ` sec-review-needed ` 2012-01-12T19:38:14
Blocklist UX enhancements [Plug-ins] Desktop ` Kev Needham ` ` sec-review-needed ` 2012-01-30T05:35:09
Use PFS2 as Plugin Finder data source Desktop ` Kev Needham ` ` sec-review-needed ` 2011-11-10T10:54:09
Add plugincheck functionality to Add-on Manager Desktop ` Kev Needham ` ` sec-review-needed ` 2011-10-24T21:28:12

Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled

ID Summary Status Priority
733414 SecReview for SocialAPI NEW
711618 implement click to play permission model NEW
585958 webapps OS level integration : Maemo NEW
567365 Cache-Control no-cache on https page disables history NEW
664636 Thunderbird should (semi-)automatically improve the security-related server configuration settings when it knows an improvement could be made NEW
664637 Thunderbird auto-configuration database should be expanded & updated by regularly spidering every domain on the internet NEW
674047 Teach FileSaver to take URIs as well NEW
677302 Preffing out CSS should be easier NEW
722126 Can’t transfer File objects with postMessage cross domain NEW
729320 IndexedDB: Provide some amount of storage without a prompt NEW
80713 Need a way to specify an auto-height (size) for an IFRAME such that the frame is given the full height of the contained content ASSIGNED
674726 WebTelephony RESOLVED
728341 Security Review for Beta Release of App RESOLVED
706545 Implement a sync engine for apps exposed by navigator.mozApps RESOLVED
674725 WebSMS (or Messaging+) RESOLVED

Stability Report

Socorro

  • ESR should be supported now (esp. for the mobile 10.0.3 release today, but should work for desktop as well).

  • Next incremental release on Wednesday: nothing big, correlation reports for new development versions from today’s code uplift.
  • Missing ADUs for yesterday due to a metrics script problem, data will be filled in soon, metrics people are on it.
    • Fixed

Desktop

  • Beta

    • bug 733892 crash DispatchHookW

      • This crash has moved up quite a bit and we still are trying to figure out the root cause.
    • bug 735274 Firefox crash [@ netchartfilter.dll@0x168ab]

Mobile

Nightly

  • bug 730688 – java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {org.mozilla.fennec/org.mozilla.fennec.App}: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failure delivering result ResultInfo{who=null, request=2, result=-1, data=Intent { (has extras) }} to activity {org.mozilla.f…

  • bug 734624 – java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occured while executing doInBackground() at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(AsyncTask.java) caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConstraintException: error code 19: constraint failed
  • bug 730890 – crash [@ libdvm.so@<address>]
  • bug 731286 – compilation of crashes within libflashplayer

Aurora

  • bug 721086 – Crash in mozilla::AndroidBridge::CallEglCreateWindowSurface @ nsWindow::GetThebesSurface

  • bug 725295 – [Skia] Crash Report [@ _ZN8SkBitmapaSERKS_ ] on HTC devices
  • bug 730890 – crash [@ libdvm.so@<address>]
  • bug 731286 – compilation of crashes within libflashplayer

Roundtable

13-March-2012

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-12

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2012-03-12

« previous week | index | next week »

  • Dial-in: conference# 8600

    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600

Contents

All-hands Status Meeting Agenda

Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.

Friends of the Tree

  • Mohamed Dabbagh for providing an analysis of a top app on the apps runtime and logging 17 bugs in the open web apps extension and soup

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 12 March

Tuesday, 13 March

Wednesday, 14 March

Thursday, 15 March

  • Thursday is Answer user questions on SUMO Day

Friday, 16 March

Next Week

Product Status Updates (voice updates)

Firefox Desktop

Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)

  • Release Week!

    • Migrations will happen this week, as will releases

    • We’re tracking the impacts of MS patch Tuesday, and waiting on ZDI for a vulnerability disclosure, so release may be later than our usual Tuesday morning.

Mobile Firefox

Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)

  • Closing on beta

    • Maple to merge into mozilla-central this week

    • Beta blocker list is going in the right direction

Thunderbird

Speaker Location:

Older Branch Work

Speaker Location:

Mozilla Festival

Speaker Location: Matt in Toronto

  • Save the date! The 2012 Mozilla Festival will take place November 9 – 11 in London, U.K.

  • Look for more on programming, volunteer opportunities and registration soon

Popcorn

Speaker location: Matt in Toronto

Identity

Speaker Location:

Services

Speaker Location:

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title Presenter Topic Media More Details
Your Title Here Your Name Here What are you going to talk about? Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen Link to where audience can find out more information

Introducing New Hires

New Hire Introduced by Speaker location Will be working on
Who is the new hire? Who will be introducing that person? From which office will that introduction be transmitted? What will the new person be working on?
Daniel Callahan Ben Adida Mountain View, CA Software Engineer
Larissa Co Madhava Enros Toronto, ON User Experience Designer

Introducing New Interns

New Intern Introduced by Speaker location Will be working on
Who is the new intern? Who will be introducing that person? From which office will that introduction be transmitted? What will the new person be working on?

Roundtable

<meta>

Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.

Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)

Firefox

Platform

Services

Messaging

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

Test Execution

WebQA

  • AMO

    • AMO 6.4.5 is going live 03/08.

    • Had lots of failing tests this week because browserid was turned off and changes to search.
    • This tracker story created so we can turn off the browser id tests easily from jenkins
    • All planned mobile tests for AMO are finished
  • Input
    • 3/2 milestone 4.3.10 went out successfully – Bug 732538
  • Mozilla.com
    • pushed a few bugs
  • Mozillians
    • No releases

    • Team is re-aligning towards almost-continuous delivery
  • MDN
    • Pushed 2.5 milestone
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • 3/6 release went out successfully

    • As of 3/6 SUMO is now on continuous deployment without any weekly scheduled releases
  • Case Conductor
    • Testing locally & on new dev/stage site for 0.9 release

QA Community

Automation Services

Automation & Tools

  • Joel wrote a great blog post on the Talos Signal From Noise project

  • Will has Eideticker running a canvas test on nightly native fennec. See the dashboard
  • Jeff has a simple pypi system available that we will likely deploy inside our automation infrastructure so that buildbot slaves can sanely manage their python dependencies for tools without hitting an outside network (necessary for mozharness migration)
  • Started work on a pulse translation service which will make pulse messages from buildbot much less likely to change and more predictable.
  • More Updates here

Security

  • there is a final proposal for changing the way security uses bugzilla keywords and whiteboard tags going on in dev.planning & security-group please provide comments by 16-Mar

Security Reviews & Threat Modeling Sessions Scheduled for this week

Date / Time Item
Mon Mar 12 / 13:00 PST None
Wed Mar 14 / 13:00 PST GCLI
Thu Mar 15 / 10:00 PST Automated/Assisted landing from Bugzilla to tip of $branch
Fri Mar 16 / 10:00 AM PST BrowserID extension for b.m.o.

Calendar and Meeting details

General Meeting Details 
* IRC Channel: #security 
* Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview 
* Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058)
* Dial-in Info (phone): 
** In office or soft phone: extension 92 
** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 
** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 
** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 
** Conference num 99058

For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar

Security Review Needed but Unscheduled

Engagement

PR

Events

Creative Team

Community Marketing

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Apps

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

People Team

WebFWD

Foundation Updates

8-March-2012

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-07

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/07-Mar-2012

Contents

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room

Schedule

  • Next train merge (m-c -> m-a, m-a -> m-b etc.) is *next Tuesday*

  • Target date for Maple merge is the 14th

Major Topics for This Week

  • MWC

    • It went really really really well

    • ask me questions
  • Twitter debate(s)
    • everyone chill

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

  • Last week

    • Worked on fixing Flash for ICS on Maple
  • This week

    • Worked on fixing Flash for ICS on Maple

    • Implementing fullscreen support for Flash
  • Next week

    • Finish fullscreen support

    • Fix any remaining Flash blockers

Kats

  • Last week

    • Mostly working on new viewport design in maple with the gfx team

    • Misc fixes
      • fix frame rate layer – 731417

      • fix drawing after rotation – 731619
      • take out throttling of adjustViewport to reduce latency – 730966
      • fix AutoLocalJNIFrame uses – 732736
  • This week

    • finish up the viewport implementation and land it

    • rebase my old viewport prediction patches onto the new code
    • go through outstanding maple bugs and close ones that will be fixed, look at any that are still present
  • Blockers

    • none right now

GBrown

Last week:

Next week:

  • Turning to beta blocker list

Chris Lord (cwiiis)

Chris Peterson

  • Last Week

    • bug 699465 – Tapping on the urlbar displays context menu

    • bug 733196 – Landscape VKB should not be fullscreen when entering text into a web form
  • This Week

    • bug 733434 – Breakpad not reporting uncaught Java exceptions

    • bug 725170 – crash java [@ java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.checkRange(SpannableStringBuilder.java) ] (REOPENED)

GCP

  • Last week

    • bug 731525 Investigate bandwidth overhead of SafeBrowsing protection.

    • bug 725150 Need logic to prevent sync and profile migration happening
    • bug 725900 Don’t start profile migration if we have been launched
    • bug 721352 Add support for batch operations in LocalDB
  • Next week
    • bug 715550 Migration of Sync settings from XUL Fennec

    • bug 727370 Bad(?) files in safebrowsing folder in user profile prevent loading
    • bug 725150 Need logic to prevent sync and profile migration happening
    • bug 721898 Truncate history to a manageable number of items in BrowserProvider
  • Blockers
    • Password manager crypto

Brian N

  • Done

    • bug 731333 – Fennec uses old intent when restoring from OOM

    • bug 726080 – Don’t set searches as tab URLs
    • bug 725990 – Add capability to link from notification
    • bug 725987 – Create Telemetry (opt-out) notification for Nightly and Aurora (mobile)
    • bug 702319 – update telemetry opt-in text to cover entire scope of probes
    • Test case for bug 726018
  • Next
    • bug 725428 – content area goes black and then dark checkerboard before pageload during startup

    • Other bugs

Sriram

  • Last Week:

    • Use handler messages in GeckoApp for UI thread – bug 727307

      • mfinkle wants to discuss about the approach
    • Cleanup handleMessage() in GeckoApp – bug 732177
      • review comments to split the big if-else block to respective files
    • Investigated Doorhanger popup crash – bug 731963
  • This Week:
    • Investigated blank about:home on changing android language – bug 732572

      • Need a way to do partial session restore at Gecko
    • Fixed crash on BrowserToolbar – bug 729219
    • Investigated adding an ActionMode for cut-copy-paste in ICS – bug 714131
    • Fixed debug intent on startup path – bug 732117
    • Got my driving license in the US! yaay!!
  • Blockers:
    • Syncing of tabs-from-other-computers to start working on UI to show them

    • Mockup for handling cut-copy-paste ActionMode in ICS
    • Way to bring up CrashReporter in test build (I have ubuntu too :( )
    • Reviewing bug 727930 so that I can land it

WesJ

Finished

  • Bug 723658 – Double-tap zoom behaviour incorrect when interleaved with pinch zooming

  • Bug 725052 – Inserting passwords should check if they’re deleted first
  • Bug 731341 – Crash when accessing form history early in startup (need review)
  • Bug 732069 – Remove library extraction from APKOpen
  • Bug 719276 – Double tapping causes css :active to remain (bounced but simple fix)
  • Bug 730985 – Scroll does not snap back if we get preventDefault in java halfway through a pan

Next:

  • Bug 733422 – Sync needs a way to track changes to form history – still looking for the right solution here

  • Bug 732052 – XUL Scale elements should support touch events

LucasR

Last week

  • PTO Friday and Monday

  • Many patch reviews
  • Testing infra for content providers. Mostly done, now focusing on the tests.

Next week

  • Finally submit content provider tests

  • Move on the more P1/P2 bugs

Blockers

  • Got a bit stuck on the Robotium infra initially but everything is working fine now

MBrubeck

Done:

  • bug 730418 – Don’t open a new tab when the search key is pressed

  • bug 732265 – Support XUL menulist controls in native Fennec SelectHelper
  • bug 732063 – Move the SelectHelper code into a separate file
  • bug 731635 – Sync the browser.newtabpage.enabled preference
  • bug 721469 – Add-on description section cuts off long descriptions
  • bug 730502 – Split add-on manager JS code into an external source file

Next:

  • Finishing add-on options

  • Misc bugs

Margaret

Done:

Next:

  • Style form validation popups – bug 731654

  • More blockers
  • PTO Monday and Tuesday

Scott (jwir3)

Done

  • Bug 705446: Text formatting too large for preformatted text

    • Bug 732284: Raw text-file font size is drawn massively inflated

Still in progress

  • Bug 708187: titles bleed out of divs on marketwatch.com

Next

  • Bug 707195: Comments on news.ycombinator.com inflated to different sizes

  • Bug 708175: Native fennec truncates file control buttons

BLassey

Last week:

  • MWC

This week:

  • Triage

  • Reviews
  • Burning blocking lists

Blocking:

  • OMG BUGMAIL!

DougT

MFinkle

Madhava

  • Last week

    • MWC
  • This Week
    • what’s blocking?

    • on to next versions

Ian Barlow

Last Week

  • Awesomebar & tabs menu on Tablet

This week

  • More of the same

Patryk Adamczyk

This week
+ Getting the UX stamp of approval for Reader Mode
+ Working on fixing misc. graphics bugs, like that pesky menu highlight

GFX

  • Branch review has started.

  • Reworked viewport handling that should reduce painting and solve several bugs.
  • Working towards future improvements for checkboarding and upload jank:
    • Texture sharing, progressive upload, uploads on the content side, layers format changed, overdraw reduction etc…

Round Table

  • QA

    • Dual release work this week on Fx11b6 and Fx10.0.3 Esr

    • Daily Bug Triage, flagging nearly everything actionable to “blocking-fennec1.0=?” for triage radar.
    • Testing Maple builds, filing bugs, and giving our impressions. See here for our observations as of this week’s build.

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-07

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Firefox/Planning/2012-03-07

« previous week | index | next week »

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)

  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: Warp Core
  • Vidyo Guest URL
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Contents

Actions from Last Week

  • Asa to follow up with Comms on announcing end of win2K support. For consumers, it’s time to upgrade your OS or move to Opera. For managed deployments, the ESR supports win2K for another 10 months or so.

    • Erica leading this. Will probably be combined with some other announcements.
  • Kev to follow up with McAfee on error from Desktop Feedback
    • Per the SiteAdvisor product team, this was an error that occurred with users of 3.4, and updating to the latest version corrected it. The SiteAdvisor team responded in the SUMO question, and pushed an update to correct it without user intervention last week.

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox Desktop

Release (3.6, 10, 10esr)

  • Latest 10.0.3esr nightlies communicated to enterprise list on Monday (3/5)

  • Beta of 3.6.28 going out today (3/7)

Beta (11)

  • Firefox 11 sign-offs today (3/7) in Warp Core at 1PM PT

  • Firefox 11 beta 6 expected to go out today (3/7)
  • Final go-to-build for FF11 will be Friday (3/9)
  • As a reminder, these are the products that we plan to ship

    • Firefox 11

    • XUL Fennec 10 off of ESR branch
    • Firefox 3.6.28
    • Firefox 10.0.3esr

Aurora (12)

Nightly (13)

Firefox Mobile

Firefox Sync

Add-on Builder

  • Push today

  • Working on a third-party library contest with the Add-ons team

Add-on SDK

Release (1.5 -> Firefox 10, 11)

  • No issues to report

Stabilization (1.6 -> Firefox 11, 12)

  • Spinning up 1.6b1 today

  • On track to release on 3 April, 2012

Development (1.7 -> Firefox 12, 13)

SDK-based Add-on of the week? Collusion!

Identity

The feature page for Sign Into The Browser has mock-ups!

Feedback Summary

Desktop

  • Top issues (1): Complaints about Ant Video Downloader not working (“it got automatically uninstalled”). They have a beta version that works great. [1]

  • Still seeing the following issues: Babylon toolbar, searchqu, other search “features”, Foxtab.
  • Noscript + Facebook + App Tabs = slow page loading [2]
  • Localized builds updating to en-US is bug 727508, Secunia Personal security Inspector (PSI)

Firefox 11:

  • Huge (20%) spike in positive feedback (probably because we pushed out localized “give us feedback” snippets. Jump was mostly in pt-BR (wow!) and de locales.

Mobile

UX & User Research

Welcome to Cori Schauer, our new senior user researcher. She will be working on Firefox and related issues.

The Mozilla Mobile Study was completed this week. We learned a lot about participants’ use of browsers and apps. We’re planning on presenting to various constituencies over the next few weeks, including mobile engineering and QA. Ping Mary to get invited.

Market Insights

Market Insights

Desktop / Platform

Google

  • A new Suggested pages feature landed in the Canary builds of Chrome. It’s not clear, but it appears that this feature will adaptively suggest web pages that the user should visit based on their browsing behavior.

  • A ChromeOS Developer shared some screenshots of the upcoming “Desktop” mode for the operating system, complete with wallpapers, folders and window panels.
  • Google announced that Android apps could now pass 50MB in size. Individual APKs still have this limit, but can have up to two additional “expansion files” of up to 2GB in size.
  • Extensions for Google Chrome are now required to support the browser’s Content-Security-Policy. External research from UC Berkeley indicates that these three steps would prevent 96% of core extension vulnerabilities. Extensions will no longer be able to :
  1. use inline scripts (“<script> … </script>”) and will have to load scripts from within their package

  2. use eval()
  3. plugins will only be able to loaded from within their package or from a whitelist of (Google-trusted) HTTPS hosts

Microsoft

  • An MSIE developer posted a long list of the minor changes in MSIE10 that were released in the Consumer Preview. Among many other changes, Ctrl-U now opens the View Source window, as with many other browsers.

  • The IE team released a TV commercial that celebrates the beauty of the web as experienced with MSIE.
  • As part of the Consumer Preview release, the IE team developed new HTML5 test cases for the IE Testing Center. There’s now 7,548 of them there, with detailed summaries of how MSIE9, MSIE10, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome fare against them. They also released a short video demonstrating some of the new hardware accelerated CSS features, comparing them directly with Chrome.

Opera

Adobe

  • Adobe released a security update for Flash. The update addresses two critical issues that were identified by Google security researchers.

Apple

  • The US Patent Office granted Apple a patent with 76 claims involving tablet and smartphone user interfaces. One industry commentator described them as a “megaton bomb” for Apple. Another patent was awarded for an “iWallet” system for Apple.

  • Spaceport.io released a benchmark study that measured how many sprites could be handled at 30fps. Apparently Mobile Safari on iOS could handle three times the number of sprites that the Android browser could. For the results of running this benchmark on a Windows 7 machine running Firefox 10 and Chrome 18, see here.

Marketing, Press & Public Reaction

Marketing

Press

Questions, Comments, FYI

  • How/where can I contact the Adblock Plus? does he exist on teh IRCs? (ally)

  • Apps is making changes to Firefox desktop and mobile and integrates (or will soon) with both. I propose that we add Apps to the upcoming releases. Does this seem beneficial to this group? (lmandel)

Actions this week

  • Jorge to follow-up with Ant Downloader devs/plan of action (from desktop Feedback) and ensure beta and follow-on releases address identified issue(s)

7-March-2012

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-06

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2012-03-06

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Contents

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> ewong

  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
    • No one this time.

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree

  • Current Issues with existing machines:

    • There are problems with some hosts on parallels, current plan is to build the Parallels VMs on ESX instead once scl3 has network and power to the new ESX cluster.

    • One win VM, switched from FAT32 to NTFS for one of its drives, need to recreate folders appropriately.
  • “Where do we stand with the machine(s) right now?”
    • bug 721516 migrate seamonkey systems out of sjc1/scl2 and into scl3/scl1.

      • (2012-02-23)

        • “r4 minis: to be moved to scl3 on the B train 3/12″

        • “r2/r3 minis: to be moved to scl1 on the C train on 3/26″
        • “iX hosts: to be moved to scl3 on the C train on 3/26″
        • “VM’s: to be moved to scl3 when ESX is ready”
        • “HP DL120G7′s: Matt will follow up with dcops to locate and finish these hosts”
      • + 7(+) blocking bugs.

Release Train

  • 2.8b4 was shipped on February 25.

  • 2.8b5 is to be shipped on 6th March.
  • 2.8b6 is to be shipped around 9th March
  • 2.8 is to be shipped on 13th March.

Extensions Compatibility Tracking

We need some help with the add-ons listed under the “2.0x” heading. Anything above it will work out of the box with SM 2.7 and later (yay to compatible-by-default!). Perhaps Ratty can go through his xSidebar site and check which add-ons are not compatible with at least SM 2.1 – that would help, too.

  • Since xSidebar itself is not compatible with any recent SM version, it should not be listed as a featured add-on on AMO. Who can make that change?

    • KaiRo said he did, but it’s still featured for at least en-US and de locales.

    • If anyone wants to suggest add-ons to be featured, send them to InvisibleSmiley (in manageable doses that is).
  • Addon Compatibility Listings, mostly maintained by InvisibleSmiley

    • Recent changes can be found here.

    • Restructured for compatible-by-default.
  • Latest FB usable.
  • Enigmail provides versions for release (AMO) and all branches (Enigmail nightly page). The current release is compatible with both 2.6 and 2.7.
  • Lightning provides versions for the current stable and beta releases (AMO) and nightlies for trunk and Aurora (Calendar Versions page). Lightning 1.3b2 which works with SM 2.8bX is available from AMO (Development Channel).
  • Firebug is compatible but not flagged as such on AMO (depends on automatic tests being set up and run on the Firebug side: bug 680837, needs a Python coder). Stable Firebug version 1.9.x works with any recent SM version. FB 1.10a4 works with trunk again, though it eats some shortcuts (Issue 5285).
  • Besides the above, we should also take a look at other add-ons that are important for our users when they switch to 2.x.
  • The SeaMonkey Features page links to sub-pages for all recent SM versions, including those in development. Please help InvisibleSmiley add major features to the respective pages, ideally as they land. These pages are used when creating release notes, so the more up-to-date the better.
  • bug 666303 (Seamonkey 2.1 and newer are detected as Firefox 2.1 and newer on the Add-on Site) and bug 671085 Confusing compatibility error when visiting Firefox listing page using SeaMonkey)
    • We don’t have a dedicated person here who understands how AMO really works, who to contact in order to actually get things moving etc. Unfortunately. Someone needs to sit down and find the offending logic, wherever it may be (probably in the AMO source, at github).

2.x (Last, Current, Next)

  • 2.7 had ~84,500 ADU by last Thursday and 2.7.2 has had ~67,000 downloads so far.

    • Of the released versions, as of last Thursday, we have 16.5% on 2.0, 6.1% on 2.1-2.3, 4.5% on 2.4, 3.8% on 2.5, 8.1% on 2.6 and 60.9% on 2.7. So, in the last two weeks, ~2k (an additional 1.6% of ADU) have migrated to 2.6 or above.
  • Still a large, but slowly decreasing, chunk of users on 2.0.x.
  • Figure out what is preventing people from moving from 2.0.x to the latest versions.
    • Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.)

    • Perhaps putting resources into getting certain extensions working with SM 2.4 and above (those that won’t work with SM 2.7 automatically due to compatible-by-default extensions).
    • Still need volunteers to look at what is keeping people at below 2.4. IanN could try knocking something up and send it round members lists for polishing but he’s not on all the channels (mozillazine, etc) to post it to when finished.
    • Are some Linux distributions are still stuck on 2.0? We have data on OSes and OS versions in the raw data in the Mozilla metrics, AFAIK, Callek now also has access to that.

Usual reminders:

  • Please make sure that anything that landed on comm-beta (for TB) or mozilla-beta (for FF) which affected non-shared code and which fixed regressions will be fixed on our side, too. Please mark bugs we feel *need* to land on a particular train tracking+ or tracking? so that when we to do a release we can be sure that we don’t miss anything.

    • Priority should be given to fixing regressions ASAP. Also keep an eye on and prioritize bugs to be ported from FF/TB that land on branches (Aurora, Beta). We need to keep an eye especially on Session Restore, Sync, Tabbrowser and Address Book.

    • Be careful not to break code shared with Thunderbird, otherwise patches might have to be backed out of string frozen repositories.

2.7

open tracking (0)
tracking requests (0)
targeted (0)
fixed (30)

  • One tracked 2.5 issue still open.

    • 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14 and the ka l10n maintainers have not yet updated for changes in later SeaMonkey versions.

    • Callek now needs to morph bug 667147 into removing |ka| from our [current] automation entirely (all-locales). Callek will look at best locale to transition any ka users to.
      • Plan is to migrate ka users to en-US with a english dialog saying they are out of date, and a link to the all-locales page if there is a language they understand better. Current ADU of ka alone is 3-5 individuals, so low impact.~Callek
  • The New 2.7 Features page has a comprehensive list of features.

2.Next

  • InvisibleSmiley created a restartless add-on (available on AMO) for SM 2.8 (now in Beta) which adds an “Add-ons” options to the list of engines on the Sync pref panel.

  • Remember to help update the New Features pages as we go along.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 54 new, 31 fixed, 32 triaged.

  • Good triaging effort.

  • Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!

Open reviews/flags:
29 review
9 super-review
0 ui-review
6 feedback

Major wanted/needed features:

Active

  • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].

    • Progressing slowly, still waiting on reviews from TB side. Full customization has to go to 2.next (currently 2.10 but could be pushed back further) as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.

    • IanN is still wading through the unpicking of Composer/Mail Compose code in the dependent bugs. After that he will be reworking his customising patches.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Comm-central) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze has done a bit of work in this bug recently. Building on Windows works. Now supports debug builds on Linux if tests are disabled (–disable-tests). Still a lot to do.

    • The standalone Composer patch has to be rebased and fixed for MacOSX.
    • Kaze is considering moving Kompozer to an addon so that we can reuse the dialog boxes but start fresh for the content part. Also we can then use the current devtools. KaiRo told kaze in Berlin it seemed a good idea, as it could allow to run a Composer *tab* instead of a Composer window.
    • Kaze working on it on his spare time, with an Indian contributor.
    • IanN was supposed to help get builds working with --enable-tests.
      • Will look into this once he gets his customization patches reworked.
  • Real full-screen (bug 610509) and DOM full-screen (bug 701714)
    • patches provided by Mnyromyr and InvisibleSmiley. Otherwise stalled. :-(

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled

  • Kill-RDF:

    • bug 657607 Port jminta’s kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable Part 2 [meta].

    • bug 657604 Remove the RDF global object. [serge]
  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (Standard8).
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 – Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.

    • The rest is unowned so far.
  • bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
    • Note: Our location bar history doesn’t and can’t use autocomplete at all.
  • bug 677484 Individual SeaMonkey components are not properly handled by the Windows 7 taskbar.
  • bug 654009 Reply to list: automatically determine From: address
    • Note: The actual task here is to port bug 45715 “Reply to List” [button/(context) menu item]
  • bug 664309 Make the built-in ChatZilla display a cZ icon in SeaMonkey (now helpwanted)

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Aqualon

Callek

Usual reviews and approvals.

Lots of Bug Triage.

Working On:

  • bug 607392 split tagging into en-US and other (MoCo/RelEng)

  • bug 728930 Move Mozconfigs into Source Tree (SeaMonkey/RelEng)

Investigation Needed:

  • Investigate SeaMonkey port of bug 616470 Pick up buildbot code for not needing to close the tree during tagging.

Tracking:

  • bug 494421 Use Google as network geolocation provider.

  • bug 721516 migrate seamonkey systems out of sjc1/scl2 and into scl3/scl1.
  • bug 730054 new racks in scl1.
  • bug 730947 local (POP3) move filter ends up corrupting messages.
  • bug 731590 Update search engine list for Thunderbird.
  • bug 733278 cb-seamonkey-win32-02 is down, unreachable via RDP or SSH.

ewong

  • Fixed:

    • bug 201979 – Questionable interpretation of <LINK REL=”START” … > in suite/browser/linkToolbarHandler.js

    • bug 694514 – Expose mailnews.reply_header_type preference
    • bug 706287 – Add link to TBPL in SeaMonkey QA menu
    • bug 720063 – Clearing cache does not zero out the cache in use size number until closing / reopening preferences window
    • bug 725973 – Add class=”thin” to the seprator in pref-scripts.xul
  • Needs Review:

    • bug 59049 – Disable “Search subfolders” if no subfolders exist

    • bug 731223 – Update help for changes from bug 694514.
    • bug 733258 – Fix formatting issues from bug #694514.
  • Working On:

    • bug 707786 – Use Services.prefs instead of preferences-service / gPrefService, in SeaMonkey

    • bug 722767 – Change buildbot configs to upload symbols to symbols1.dmz.phx1.mozilla.com

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Fixed:
    • bug 491843 IPv6 address literal is not usable as server name

    • Final version of proposed changes to Project Areas uploaded.
    • SeaMonkey modules wiki updated to reflect Project Areas changes.
  • Waiting for review on:
    • bug 725093 Update en-GB for Gecko 12.0 (mozilla-aurora)

    • bug 725109 Update en-GB for Firefox 12.0 (mozilla-aurora)
    • bug 725111 Update en-GB for Editor 12 (comm-aurora)
    • bug 725121 Update en-GB for Thunderbird 12.0 (comm-aurora)
    • bug 725179 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.9
    • bug 725187 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.9 Help
    • bug 725363 Update en-GB for Calendar/Lightning 1.4
    • bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
  • Waiting for dependent bug to be checked in:
    • bug 720661 Display account central when no default account / no accounts setup
  • Waiting for additional review on:
  • Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
    • bug 689253 Update en-GB for Mobile 10.0 (comm-aurora)
  • Working on:
    • Various SM Council documents.

    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
    • bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
    • File/Folder selection in windows.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.

    • Prefs-in-a-tab.
    • Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
    • Knock something up finding out why users are not upgrading to 2.4+ and send it around members lists for polishing.
    • Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.

InvisibleSmiley

  • Fixed:

    • bug 732808 Make Move Bookmarks dialog resizable

    • bug 730691 Bump Venkman compatibility for SeaMonkey 2.10 / Firefox 13.0 / Thunderbird 13.0
    • bug 730690 Bump DOM Inspector compatibility for SeaMonkey 2.10 / Firefox 13.0 / Thunderbird 13.0
    • bug 730689 Bump Chatzilla compatibility for SeaMonkey 2.10 / Firefox 13.0
    • bug 730533 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.8 Beta 4
    • bug 730009 Update SM code reviews and flag rules page
    • bug 729971 drop support for prefixes from border-radius* and box-shadow
    • bug 728651 [SeaMonkey] “browser_bug557956.js | Should have seen 4 still incompatible items – Got 7, expected 4″
    • bug 727929 test_idcheck.xul > preferences.xul: doubled ‘languageBundle’ and ‘regionBundle’
    • bug 725642 [SM] MailNews Speicherplatz: “Nachrichten löschen, die älter als”
    • bug 723901 [SM] Button “Software Installieren”
    • bug 723178 Re-add performance metrics to AMO ping
    • bug 720735 Sync certain global mailnews.* preferences
    • bug 711335 Update SSL help after SSL 2.0 removal
    • bug 711334 Be explicit that TLS version is 1.0
  • ToDo:

    • bug 701714 Add support for DOM full-screen

    • bug 640420 Add draggable splitter between urlbar and searchbar
    • look into
      • bug 698038 Update Preferences help for the new section to control crash report

      • bug 696757 Port “Time range to clear” from Firefox to SeaMonkey’s “Clear private data” dialog
    • track
      • bug 687316 (Remaining) Sync changes to port to Suite

KaiRo

mcsmurf

Fixed:

  • bug 593159Remove version.nsh dependency from installer code.

Working on:

  • bug 721474Port |bug 575830 Image zoom (Page zoom) is reset when I switch tabs| to SeaMonkey.

  • bug 732027Port |bug 575955 Replace internal usage of old transactions shim, add a new toolkit test| to SeaMonkey.

Misak

Fixed:

  • bug 729068 Port |bug 668316 canDrop is not implemented for about:sessionrestore’s treeView| to Seamonkey.

  • bug 729071 Port |bug 668865 Store _scheme & _host in _serializeHistoryEntry| to SeaMonkey.

Working on:

  • bug 731140 Port |bug 648683 Expose tabs on-demand preference| to SeaMonkey and turn it on by default (bug 711193).

  • bug 732344 Port |bug 636279 _tabsRestoringCount goes negative if setBrowserState called at browser startup and last session had pinned tab(s)| to SeaMonkey.
  • bug 732345 Port |bug 606681 deleteTabValue should not throw an exception| to SeaMonkey.

Mnyromyr

MReimer

Neil

Fixed:

Working on:

  • bug 71008 [RFE] Account Wizard should allow setting of different SMTP server.

  • bug 605786 Places File Bookmark dialog should be resizeable.
  • bug 732816 Add URLbar formatting preference entry.

Ratty

  • Landed a L10n safe patch for comm-aurora/comm-beta: bug 721327 Implement Tabs Toolbar for Thunderbird and Lightning Compatibility.

  • Working on: bug 731264 Support with multiple toolboxes in MailNews due to Lighting Calendar and Task Tabs.
  • Did a several reviews.

Other:

  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.

  • End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.

Ricardo

sgautherie

  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:

    • bug 629595 [OMG NOT FIREFOX!!!!! SeaMonkey] mochitests-1: permanent “test_webgl_conformance_test_suite.html | Can’t create a WebGL context”

    • bug 727954 Port |Bug 717772 – Delay autocomplete of pasted value| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 728651 [SeaMonkey] “browser_bug557956.js | Should have seen 4 still incompatible items – Got 7, expected 4″
    • bug 729000 Remove ‘about:robots’ references in SeaMonkey
    • bug 729550 Port |Bug 728071 – application.ini data should be in libmozglue.so, not libxul.so| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 729791 Port |Bug 729767 – Cannot find interface information for parameter arg 0 [nsIDOMNavigator.mozPower]| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 730260 Add the comm-central source stamp to SeaMonkey’s source stamp file
    • bug 731668 Package html5.xpt in SeaMonkey
    • bug 731950 Port |Bug 674720 – WebContacts (or Contacts+)| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 732785 Port |Bug 731889 – variable event redeclares argument: let event = document.createEvent(“Events”);| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 730849 Port |Bug 613588 – (livemarksIO) Replace livemarks with asynchronous load-on-demand livemarks (was: Livemarks cause synchronous I/O during txul)| to SeaMonkey, tests
    • bug 731663 Port |Bug 593566 – Bookmarks with blank name are wrongly exported (broken codepage symbols in the exported file)| to SeaMonkey
  • Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
    • bug 722920 Need a utility function to copy message(s) in file into local inbox

    • bug 728521 Remove unused ‘gIMAPService’ const/var in (IMAP) tests
    • bug 730213 Port |Bug 698381 – Node.cloneNode’s deep parameter should be optional (default to true)| to comm-central
  • Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
    • bug 725015 [SeaMonkey] permanent “dom/tests/mochitest/bugs/test_resize_move_windows.html | Test timed out.”

    • bug 728538 [SeaMonkey] “TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochitests/content/browser/dom/tests/browser/browser_ConsoleStorageAPITests.js | 0 events found, tab close is clearing the cache”
    • bug 728633 [SeaMonkey] “browser_bug591465.js | Test timed out”
    • bug 729474 [SeaMonkey] “name/test_browserui.xul | Window title contains the name of active tab document”
    • bug 730551 [SeaMonkey] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochitests/content/browser/toolkit/mozapps/extensions/test/xpinstall/browser_bug638292.js | an unexpected uncaught JS exception reported through window.onerror – doc.getElementById(“enabled”) is null at …”
    • bug 732615 Move browser_checkAddonCompatibility.js test from SeaMonkey to Toolkit
    • bug 718235 [SeaMonkey] “a11y/accessible/events/test_focus_general.html | Doubled event { event type: focus, target: ‘link’} in test with ID = ‘ ‘link’ ‘tab shift ‘ key’.”
  • Fixed other projects bugs:
    • [Firefox] bug 728999 browser_526613.js should not use ‘about:robots’ which is Firefox specific

    • [Firefox] bug 729281 sessionstore tests should not use ‘about:robots’ which is Firefox specific

Stanimir

stefanh

tonymec

  • Ongoing: The usual.

  • TODO: bug 716232 “SIGSEGV (segmentation violation) crash in Javascript at ChatZilla startup” has disappeared on trunk but is still flagged tracking-Fx12 on the branch. Mention under “known issues” in the Sm 2.9 release notes?

Any other business?

  • Need to review project areas

    • IanN has put out a final version of the project areas list, and has updated the wiki.

    • IanN has updated the project website bug 732698 and the Mozilla-wide list of official reviewers
  • Extended Support Releases (ESR)
    • At the moment looks like that will be based off Gecko 10 so that will be 2.7 for us. Assuming we have the machines, we will also have an ESR which might help move some of those still on 2.0 up to 2.7. We’re unlikely to move to ESR until Gecko 10.0.1 or 10.0.2.

    • Our ESR should use the same branch as Firefox ESR so any Security and Stability “extended” fixes for Gecko will be picked up by the SeaMonkey ESR.
    • An ESR (Extended Security Release) may not be a given for us out of the gate. Callek thinks we should revisit that, separately, once it is clearer what MoCo’s general plans for their marketing/target/support levels etc. are.
    • mcsmurf is on the ESR mailing list is our ESR goto guy.
  • Geolocation
    • Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.

    • For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we’re not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2012-03-06

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2012-03-06

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Bienvenu

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to abourcier@mozilla.com that she can send them a shirt!

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Test Pilot
  • Dev based tests in progress.

  • Issues with add-on should be largely fixed up now, just testing a couple of remaining items.
Tabs on Top
Big Files

BigFiles Milestone 2 was built last Friday. Here is the link to the builds directory.

The list of fixed and remaining issues for this milestone is here.

In particular, note that BigFiles currently misbehaves when mixing normal and cloud attachment types, and when replying to messages that sent cloud attachments. Also, behaviour gets a little strange when there are multiple compose windows opened. Saving/restoring drafts is also broken.

Click-to-Web

Schedule and Progress

Thunderbird 11
  • Final beta probably starting building on Wednesday, working on landing the last remaining issues.
Thunderbird 12
Thunderbird 13
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
  • The builds for 3.1.x and ESR have started today.

Extension of the week

  • Webapp tab let’s you run some web apps in a Thunderbird tab.

QA Updates

  • Some SOGO testing

  • Bugzilla work

Marketing Updates

  • New start page might not make it for next release

  • Social Media – we have one FB page, one Twitter, and one Google+
  • Putting together an enterprise solutions partner page
  • Hit a record 8.1 million ADU

Infrastructure Update

Build / Release Update

  • Rail and gozer released Thunderbird 11.0b4 last week

  • Thunderbird 10.0.3esr, 11.0b5, 11.0 final, 3.1.20 builds this week
  • Bug 730325 – Integrate Thunderbird build config with Firefox build config
    • Firefox + Thunderbird non-release builders combined in staging
  • John has two talks scheduled at Confederation College about Mozilla and Thunderbird – tips welcome!

Web Update

  • new locales hr & hy-AM ready for l10n

  • new release notes format should be done EOD today

Documentation

  • back from vacation – nothing to report from last week

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 1285 new support topics (1180 one week ago ) – Media:27Feb-4March2012-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png

  2. Thunderbird 10 Support Issues – Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB10 and tag them tb10
  3. Thunderbird 11 Support Issues – Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB11 and tag them tb11 – Please try the 11 beta if you know how to backup your email and are technical enough to recover should you encounter any beta issues. We’d love your help to find bugs before TB11 is released 13 March 2012
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

  • Lightning 1.3b3 is building, will be available on AMO this evening. Fixes an issue with invitations and adds a toolbar button to open the unifinder.

  • Lightning 1.2.2 will be released, containing these bugs
  • AMO can only show one public version, which is always the latest version by upload date. We will run into problems after 1.3 is released and we need to release 1.2.3+. There is a possible workaround though, but it would be better to fix it in AMO.
  • bug jsical is still a lot of work :( hoping to provide a test build in a week or two.
  • Contributer working on a project to use mozmill to take Lightning screen shots and associate the elements with code locations.

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

bienvenu mconley jb jhopkins roland blake fallen gozer standard8 ludo jenzed

« Newer PostsOlder Posts »

Powered by WordPress