Meeting Notes

30-May-2012

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-30

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/30-May-2012

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room

Schedule

  • Next merge is 2012-06-04 (got moved up one day. see newsgroups)

  • Beta
    • Fx14 Beta 3 went live in the Market on 2012-05-25

    • Fx14 Beta 4 build was tagged/built on 2012-05-30 and planned to be in Market on 2012-06-01

Major Topics for This Week

Firefox 15 and Aurora
Recent releases in Mobile have including a lot of code changes in the Aurora channel. We plan to start doing less of this in the future and the future is now. The Aurora merge is on June 4 and we need to plan to have as much Fx15 feature work landed as possible. Yes, we still plan to do some work while in Aurora, but we have to start cutting back. Let’s try to get some of the larger chunks of new features reviewed and landed this week. Make sure we can disable/backout features that won’t make it fully in Aurora.

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

  • Last week:

    • Worked more on fullscreen Flash. Gave up on ICS bug and landed current work on inbound today.
  • This week:

    • Flash power state stuff, crashers, guide rkd on HC Flash support

Kats

Last week:

  • RTL-related follow-ups

    • bug 757847/607417 – code cleanup in CompositorParent, plus a follow-up patch for interaction between position:fixed and RTL

    • bug 759762, bug 759775 – RTL follow-up patches
  • Fixing crashes
    • bug 757025 – crash in mozilla::hal::NotifyScreenConfigurationChange

    • bug 753665 – crash in nsWindow; landed some patches, spent a lot of time tracing code (crashes still reported on new nightlies)
    • bug 758854 – NPE in FilePickerResultHandler
  • Blockers/soft blockers
    • bug 752709 – keyboard overlaps text input fields

    • bug 753250 – touch radius for clicking on things is too small
    • bug 758361 – viewport resets during page load (trying to find a good fix, currently pending review)
    • bug 755971 – scrolling doesn’t work on some parts of google reader (investigated, seems like a layout bug)
  • Other
    • bug 758635 – remove duplicate code execution on VKB showing (bounced for reftest failures, need to figure out why)

    • bug 759421 – reftest analyzer doesn’t handle bad base64 image data

Next week:

  • Continue trying to figure out why bug 758635 results in reftest failures and how to fix them so I can land

  • Revisit bug 753665 and bug 745250 (unfixed crashers)
  • Return to “clicking doesn’t work” bugs

GBrown

Last week:

  • Bug 756183 Robocop: loadUrl sometimes fails

  • Bug 757475 Robocop: testPermissions fails silently
  • Bug 758792 Robocop: getActivityFromClick can hang on waitForIdleSync
  • Bug 758405 Robocop: FennecNativeElement.click/getText/isDisplayed can hang
  • Bug 756704 Robocop: missing / missed events can cause infinite hangs
  • …but I still cannot resolve Bug 756817 Fix and reenable tcheck3
  • Investigated Bug 754575 Cache.Trash* files fill up disk space
  • Re-visited Bug 735461 Robocop: Fennec does not interpret -profile argument correctly

Next week:

  • PTO

Chris Lord (cwiiis)

Chris Peterson

  • Last Week

    • bug 755599 – Typing after “Select All” text or using Firefox textfield history inserts at wrong position when using a predictive text VKB
  • This Week

    • Investigating bug 756429 – Accented characters are substituted when entering other characters and can also remove the content before it on mobile.twitter.com when using HKB

    • Investigating bug 755909 – Text is selected when clicking textbox with Swype keyboard
  • Blockers

    • Looking for gdb help

GCP

  • Last week:

  • This week:
    • bug 710330 implement bookmarks and history import from Android System DBs

    • bug 758193 Excessive battery usage
    • bug 738168 Moving Fennec to the SDCard will prevent crash reports from being copied to the profile, ie no crash report will be reported to Socorro
    • There’s some Sync+Profile migration things popping up (do not use AsyncTask if you’re observing data, unless you can very hard guarantee it’ll only run once)
  • Blockers:
    • bug 759393 UX for bookmarks/history import from Android

Brian N

Sriram

  • Last Week:

    • Fixed the menu items MIA problem in pre-honeycomb devices.

      • This also fixed updating menu in honeycomb and ICS devices when tab content changes.
    • Made custom menu feedback ready
      • Requires some code cleanup and action-bar item specific condition checks.
  • This Week:
    • TabsTray and RemoteTabs are Tablet UI ready

      • Need to add the complicated tabs button and animations
    • Basic layout changes for AwesomeScreen is done
      • Waiting for specs and resources from ibarlow
  • Blockers:
    • Resources from UX team who are offsite for design week

WesJ

  • bug 757646 – Passwords Content Provider silently returns empty strings for username and password if Master Password is enabled

  • bug 750511 – Hide soft keyboard when user touches outside awesomebar
  • bug 722591 – Longtap on page title (not awesomescreen) should show an editbox context menu

This week

  • bug 753102 – Refactor GeckoApp into a better base class

  • bug 715307 – Add ability to read profiles.ini
  • bug 740586 – launch of basic app in a chromeless window
  • bug 759041 – Add swipe between screens in AwesomeScreen

LucasR

Last week:

  • bug 750684, bug 757776, bug 750707 – Patches for the Java side of Reader Mode (awesomebar, toolbar, etc)

  • bug 750712 – Started working on JS side of Reader Mode (about:reader, readability scripts, etc)

Next week

  • Land Reader Mode patches

  • Submit patches for the JS side of Reader Mode

Blockers

  • None

MBrubeck

Done:

  • bug 756665 – Clicking a tab close button in XUL Fennc should selected the tab

  • bug 707571 – Disable zooming for pages with user-scalable=no
  • bug 756156 – Don’t export ANDROID_SERIAL if it isn’t set explicitly
  • Back from PTO

Next:

  • Fix any Fx14 blockers, start on Fx15 feature/polish work

Margaret

Done:

  • Landed support for sizes atttribute in <link rel=”icon”> – bug 715263

  • Continued work on tablet tabs UI (passed off to Sriram) – bug 757198
  • Almost finished find in page – bug 695172

Next:

  • Finish find in page

  • Text selection – bug 695173

Scott (jwir3)

(Sorry, I won’t be able to make it to the meeting this week, due to a personal conflict).

  • Last Week:

    • bug 749186 : Crash in nsFontInflationData (this bug just won’t die. I’m still working on getting this resolved)

    • bug 748434 : Font inflation causes cut off button text
  • This Week:

    • bug 748434 : Font inflation causes cut off button text

    • bug 752947 : Flour missing from pancake recipe
    • bug 756518 : Adjust conditional detection of mobile using meta viewport

BLassey

Last week

  • reworking how we do screenshots

    • reuse the same byte buffer

    • don’t use java bitmaps to composite things together
    • update dirty rects only
    • chunk up larger screenshots into smaller chunk
  • NE-area browser developers meetup
    • most content was around networking (based on attendees interest)

Next week

  • land this pile of patches

MFinkle

Done:

  • Triage and Reviews

  • Juggling some feature work between devs
  • Filling out surveys

Next:

  • Triage and Reviews

  • Filling out surveys
  • PTO on Friday
  • PTO next Thursday & Friday

Arkady

Madhava

Ian Barlow

Patryk Adamczyk

GFX

Round Table

Product Management

  • New Product Manager for Mobile: Karen Rudnitski

QA

Release work

  • working on qualifying beta 4

  • looking at the upcoming tablet work
  • starting to track other 15 features readability, etc.
  • mark blockers for XUL 14
remaining beta testing items:
    • Spotcheck device testing, gather unused devices

    • collaborate the proper android device compatibility documentation / retire the wiki pages
    • Accessibility testing (see email thread to mobile-dev)
    • Beta issues that are on google play, file bugs if they are real issues on devices
    • more l10n that lands in beta, spotchecking

Socorro/Breakpad/Stability

Hightlights:

  • Socorro team is ramping up for b2g, rapid beta, and some other projects.

  • Beta 3 hit target of under 10 crashes per 100 ADU.

Socorro bugs:

  • bug 727286 – Incorrect messaging when failing to submit a crash report

  • bug 672606 – Aggregate numbers and topcrashes for Nightly and Aurora channels based on build ID date instead of crash date

Skiplist

Breakpad Integration bugs:

  • bug 750348 A large number of devices are not showing up with the device identifiers

  • bug 717472 – Can’t retrieve crash report that shows in about:crashes
  • bug 732629 crash report failed to send due to : javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Not trusted server certificate
  • bug 738168 Moving Fennec to the SDCard will prevent crash reports from being copied to the profile, ie no crash report will be reported to Socorro

Please see Platform Meeting Notes for Stability report

SUMO

End Game

  • June 26th

  • Hacks, mitigations, defer
  • Added logging, respin nightlies
  • If you need a phone, buy it

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-30

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2012-05-30

« previous week | index | next week »

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)

  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: Warp Core
  • Vidyo Guest URL
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Contents

Actions from Last Week

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Kilimanjaro

Firefox Desktop

Release (12, 10esr, 3.6)

  • The final round of billboard updates for 3.6->12 went out Monday

  • Automatic updates with the add-on compatibility check disabled from 3.6->12 will occur in the next 2 weeks
  • FF4-9 will be auto updated to FF12 indefinitely to vend desupport add-on hotfix (bug 759767)
  • The next ESR update, 10.0.5, will be released on 6/5

Beta (13)

  • Our final beta of FF13 went out yesterday

    • First beta with Mountain Lion support
  • bug 757262 – Youtube keeps playing audio after closing & bug 756250 – Netflix keeps playing after closing remain our top issues
    • Please let us know if you’re running into this in the bug
  • Sign-offs will occur this afternoon at 1PM PT in Warp Core
  • The final build of FF13 will occur Thursday or Friday depending on the state of investigations
  • Our first FF14 desktop beta will be FF14 beta 5 to line up with Fennec Native versioning see “back on the trains” diagram (note 6/15 is a moving target)

Aurora (14)

Nightly (15)

  • We’re expecting PDF.js (landed in FF15) to ride the train to Aurora at the upcoming merge date

  • Monday 6/4 is the last day to land FF15 changes
  • Bug 307181 – (bgupdates) Eliminate wait while restarting Firefox after update (apply update in background)
  • Bug 727864 – Enable DLL preloading when MozillaMaintenance service disabled prefetch

Firefox Mobile

  • Fennec Native 14 beta 4 will be released before the end of the week

  • XUL Fennec 10.0.5 will be released on 6/5
  • XUL Fennec 14 beta 5 will be released as a security update for beta tablet users on 6/7

Nightly (15)

  • Features work

    • Search suggestion

    • New tablet UI for native
    • Reading mode
    • Find in Page
    • Text selection in web content
    • Chromeless webapp support

Services

Firefox Sync

Apps In the Cloud Server

Add-on SDK

Release (1.7 -> Firefox 12, 13)

  • Everything is looking good

Stabilization (1.8 -> Firefox 13, 14)

Development (1.9 -> Firefox 14, 15)

  • We have three new proposals available for review and comment

    • Content Scripts: ability to share content script instances in different APIs contexts.

    • Disposables: a ‘dispose’ method for resource management
    • Collections: a common API for all collections to make code more maintainable and easy to grok.

Identity

Apps

  • Firefox Desktop 14 (Aurora) – landed

    • Trying to back out this functionality – bug 750936

    • Native Install
    • Chromeless launch of apps
  • Mozillian Marketplace Release is out! Thanks for the feedback so far!

    • Please be mindful that this is an internal release and of alpha quality. Early access is limited to Mozillians and partners for testing, so please do not tweet, communicate or share screenshots, features or details about the Marketplace for now.

    • Download Firefox Desktop Nightly (Fx15)
    • Have a look at the wiki to learn more about the testing procedure.
    • If you run into any hiccups, you can report them to apps-feedback@mozilla.com.
    • Once you’re done, there’s also an online survey for you to fill out.
  • Firefox Desktop 15 (Nightly)

    • Working on fixing bugs – mostly fit and polish to fit Kilimanjaro requirements

    • Features: Support of native installation and and chromeless launch of apps for Win and Mac OS
  • Firefox Mobile 15 (Nightly) – in progress

    • Features: Native Install and chromeless window launch

    • Proposed marketplace bundling with Fennec is an open issue. See bug 738545
  • Apps in the Cloud

    • AITC client continues – desktop client at risk for FF15

    • AITC Server – Completed

Feedback Summary

Desktop

Firefox 12 issues summary:

Firefox 12 is slow – Many issues combined into one thread topic [1]
[2]
[3]

Firefox 12 consumes too much memory – Many possible issues in one thread. [4]
[5]
[http://input.mozilla.org/en-US/opinion/2962987

Yahoo issues – A slight spike in the last few weeks. Seems to be related to updates to the toolbar/home page. Will monitor.

Recap:
Facebook games won’t load – Issue has stabilized.

Foxit Reader causing Hotmail issues: We’ve updated all the threads and are seeing a decrease in the reports.

PDF Issues on Mac – After blocklist we are seeing a dramatic decrease in reports. Verified the blocklist works. We have updated all the threads and created documentation.

Firefox 12 incorrectly caching pages – Fixed in 13.

FF12 praise summary, down 5% from FF11:

fast:
[6]
[7]
[8]

stable:
[9]
[10]
[11]

Update on the Flash blocklist

  • The most negative feedback we’ve gotten has been from unsupported Mac users who are unable to use Flash at all.

Beta:

  • Still having problems with youtube/netflix sound not disappearing when the tab is closed.

  • Possibly still having the upload issue (although it could be slow updates on beta.) — Could also affect Facebook now.

Mobile

Top all-time dissatisfiers (performance and flash) are fixed in Firefox for Android beta. Five-star ratings continue to pour in; themes:

  • Firefox reinvented Wow. I have to say that I’m really impressed with the speed. It is even faster than Opera in most cases. Good job Mozilla, looks like you have nailed it this time.;-)

  • Jawdroppingly Fast Even on my 2 year old phone. I knew you would come through Mozilla.
  • Mozilla got it right Fast, responsive, simple, and looks great.
  • Remarkably stable for beta –FF is really fast and desktops load well. Like it better than built-in browser.

Issue to mitigate: as a prerequisite to pairing a device running FF14 android release, users must uninstall beta and aurora if they were syncing data.

UX & User Research

Market Insights

Desktop / Platform

Adobe

  • Adobe released an updated version of Adobe Shadow, their mobile/desktop synchronized viewing and editing tool for mobile websites and web apps

Google

Microsoft

Motorola

Opera

  • Rumours are swirling about a possible purchase of Opera Software by Facebook. Besides its desktop, mobile, and embedded browsers, Opera also serves ~30b mobile ads per month via its advertising networks, operates a mobile application store with 30,000 apps.

WebOS

Yahoo!

  • Yahoo! launched Axis, what it describes as a new browser. Provided as a browser plugin for Firefox, Chrome and MSIE on desktops, it is a full wrapper around UIWebView on iOS. Media coverage has on the whole been positive. It offers a tighter integration between search, with thumbnails shown instead of search results.

Mobile

Summary below and full update here and in your inbox.

  • Google’s acquisition of Motorola Mobility has completed regulatory approvals

  • Rumours on a possible purchase of Opera Software by Facebook have surfaced, together with recurring ones on a possible Facebook phone
  • Google introduced subscriptions for its In-app billing monetization feature
  • The trial between Google and Oracle is ending in favour of Google
  • Mobile payments rising to $171 billion and 212 million users, fueled by SMS and Web-based transactions
  • 20% of Web traffic in the US and Canada to come from smartphones and tablets, according to online advertising network
  • 40% of Chinese Web surfers to be doing so mobile-only

Marketing, Press & Public Reaction

Marketing

  • Preparing final collateral for next week’s releases.

Press

Questions, Comments, FYI

  • Michael Verdi – Who can I talk to about the new identity block? I need information about this for support documentation.

Actions this week

29-May-2012

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2012-05-29

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Contents

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty

  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
    • None

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

  • IanN to arrange with Jeff to send a tee-shirt or something to Serge (FotFT).

    • Still haven’t managed to get hold of Serge yet.

CLOSED

Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree

  • All our machines are now all out of SJC1 are are now at SCL3 or SCL1 (bug 721516).

    • Callek to set up SM VMs and get them cloned (bug 740613)

    • Set up the HPs (bug 744298)
    • The R4 Macs are plugged-in, connected and base-imaged. Waiting on Callek to complete the setup.
  • ewong and Callek are working on building on MSVC2010.
    • bug 755626 tracks the progress of changing sea-win32-02 to using MSVC2010.
  • cb-seamonkey-linux-01 is down yet again (bug 757343).
    • Dustin says “I ran mkfs.ext3 on /dev/hdc1, so with luck this should not continue to fail this way. This is a journalled filesystem, but I suspect that parallels is doing some write re-ordering that’s causing the journal to be inconsistent on reboot.”
  • L10n Update: (2012-05-20): l10n buildbots are building again on all three platforms for be, de, en-GB, es-AR, gl, hu, it, lt, nl, ru, sk, uk, zh-CN and zh-TW. Still nothing since end of April for cs, es-ES, fr, nb-NO, pl, pt-PT and sv-SE.

Release Train

  • 2.10b2 shipped May 23

  • Note: Migration day will be Monday June 4th, not release-day Tuesday June 5th.

Extensions Compatibility Tracking

  • See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.

  • Addon Compatibility Listings
    • [Ratty] Lewis G Rosenthal has been sending me modded Firefox and Thunderbird extensions. As they come in I have been listing them on my xSidebar pages as well as here. Lewis has also been helping out by reaching out to extension authors and encouraging them to add SeaMonkey compatibility to their extensions.
  • DOM Inspector Release Schedule (crussell)
    • bug 746784 Predictable release schedule for development and localization.

    • The last six weeks of a release cycle are for localizers no string changes will occur then. Localization happens on a branch (DOMI_2_0_12 right now) and concurrent development happens on default. Right now, DOM Inspector is set to ship with: de, el, en-GB, en-US, fr, ru, sk, sv-SE.
    • Serge has filed some bugs so that the relevant changes to pull the right branch are in place. See bug 732749 (client.py: review SeaMonkey policy about which extension revisions are packaged).
    • So in theory we could work out the correct branch from the Gecko version of the repositories we’re building in. To get on the right branch:
 hg clone http://hg.mozilla.org/dom-inspector
 cd ./dom-inspector
 hg update DOMI_2_0_12
    • Our build team (Serge, Callek, ewong) needs to automate this rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. IanN to file a bug on this.

2.x (Last, Current, Next)

  • 2.9 had ~83,500 ADU by last Tuesday and 2.9.1 had ~99,200 downloads so far (2.8 reached ~204,900 downloads).

    • Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 13.7% on 2.0, 5.2% on 2.1-2.3, 9.3% on 2.4-2.6, 4.1% on 2.7, 9.6% on 2.8 and 58.2% on 2.9. So, in the last two weeks there has not been any real movement.
  • Still a large, but slowly decreasing, chunk of users on 2.0.x.
  • Figure out what is preventing people from moving from 2.0.x to the latest versions.
    • Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.)

    • Perhaps putting resources into getting certain extensions working with SM 2.4 and above (those that won’t work with SM 2.7 automatically due to compatible-by-default extensions).
    • Still need volunteers to look at what is keeping people at below 2.4. IanN could try knocking something up and send it round members lists for polishing but he’s not on all the channels (mozillazine, etc) to post it to when finished.
    • Are some Linux distributions are still stuck on 2.0? We have data on OSes and OS versions in the raw data in the Mozilla metrics.
    • metrics.mozilla.org now provides us a breakdown of versions against OS.
    • There seems to be a very small number of 2.0.x users on OSes not supported by later versions. We even have some users on windows 7 using 2.0x! Fortunately Windows 8 users are at least using 2.7.
    • Darwin 9.8 is last version with PPC support, so those people may be stuck on old versions because of that.
      • SeaMonkey 2.6.1 for PowerPC/G4 on Mac OS 10.5.x is available. IanN says we should advertise that more (and other contributed builds).

      • The current plan is to create a new page for latest builds available for “Legacy Platforms” e.g. PPC containing links to 2.6.1 PowerPC/G4 and also perhaps to TenFourFox and TenFourBird. We can then link to that from our main release page. See bug 759315.
    • Ian has done some working on comparing profile of 2.0.x users against 2.9 ones.
      • Split between OS for 2.9 is Windows 92.82%, Linux 2.53%, MacOS 4.65% and for 2.0.x is Windows 85.37%, Linux 5.55%, MacOS 9.08%.

      • For those using 2.0.x on MacOS about 39% are on OSX 10.4 or above, whereas for 2.9 it is about 82%.
      • For those using 2.0.x on Linux about 98% are on Kernel 2.6, whereas for 2.9 it is about 69% (31% on 3.0 or above).
      • For those using 2.0.x on Windows about 37% are on Vista/7/2008, a further 62% are on XP/2003, whereas for 2.9 it is about 50% on Vista/7/2008 and 49% on XP/2003.
  • See Basics page for the usual reminders.

2.9

open tracking (0)
tracking requests (1)
targeted (3)
fixed (5)

  • One tracked 2.5 issue still open.

    • 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14 and the ka l10n maintainers have not yet updated for changes in later SeaMonkey versions.

    • Callek now needs to morph bug 667147 into removing |ka| from our [current] automation entirely (all-locales). Callek will look at best locale to transition any ka users to.
      • Plan is to migrate ka users to en-US with a english dialog saying they are out of date, and a link to the all-locales page if there is a language they understand better. Current ADU of ka alone is 3-5 individuals, so low impact.~Callek

      • Callek and ewong were working on this but they didn’t manage to get this done by the time 2.9 shipped. No new ETA unfortunately.
  • One regression issue noted for 2.8: bug 735946 Browser is not not focused when opening links from external applications. Fixed on 2.9+.

2.Next

  • Asynchronous load-on-demand livemarks (bug 730837). If we want this for SeaMonkey 2.10 we should land this before the next beta is cut.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 43 new, 18 fixed, 6 triaged.

  • Low triaging effort…

Open reviews/flags:
20 review
9 super-review
1 ui-review
6 feedback

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Good First Bugs:

  • Javi Rueda fixed bug 207643 Unnecessary focus() calls in ComposerCommands.js.

  • Newcommer Bryant Rojas fixed bug 726415 Ctrl-T / New Tab since SeaMonkey v2.7 duplicates last fetched page instead of currently viewed page/tab.
  • I forgot to mention in a previous meeting that Pranav Ravichandran fixed bug 735986 Remove spellCheckAddToDictionary.label/accesskey from DTD file.

Thanks Javi, Bryant, and Pranav!

Aqualon

Callek

ToDo:

  • bug 640464 Develop a way for tests in mozilla-central to be overridden in a suite build.

  • bug 741082 [sea-win32-02] “create aus previous upload dir failed”.
  • bug 746208 Investigate continuing TBPL service for SeaMonkey.
  • bug 748244 ADU breakdown by language.
  • bug 756958 cn-sea-2k3 is failing at Make Upload.
  • Migrate the SeaMonkey Projects blog from Mozillazine to Mozilla Hosted.

ewong

  • Fixed:

    • bug 408834 – Page Info violates XUL box model.

    • bug 620997 – Open “Links” URLs in browser.
    • bug 715410 – Port |Bug 352037 – Undo Add To Dictionary| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 741084 – [SeaMonkey, OSX 10.5] “[testharnessreport.js] Error 1″ due to “ImportError: No module named simplejson”
    • bug 752797 – Build ID absent from about: page
  • Waiting for a Release build to see if this works:

    • bug 745847 – “No branch_id for a branch_name ‘SeaMonkey-Release’ can be found.
  • Review:
  • Working On:

    • bug 574955 – Make webconsole work in SeaMonkey

    • bug 755626 – Update mozconfigs on sea-win32-02 to build with MSVC2010
    • bug 757693 – Debug > TBPL points to an invalid URL

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Fixed:
    • bug 749986 Add en-GB localisation for ChatZilla

    • bug 749990 Add en-GB localisation for Venkman
    • bug 755458 Fix SeaMonkey download manager tests after removal of mozIStorageStatementWrapper
    • bug 756821 Port |bug 305089: Don’t mark as scam any mail composed by user (Drafts, Templates, Sent, Outbox folders)| and non-IPv6 parts of |bug 362434: Add IPv6 support to phishingDetector.js|
  • Checked in with rs but waiting for review:
  • Waiting on other bugs before checkin:
    • bug 756784 Make file menu popup more consistent and easier to overlay
  • Waiting for review on:
    • bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js

    • bug 601091 Port FillInHTMLTooltip changes from Firefox (e.g. HTML5 form validation)
    • bug 756787 Match ID for overlay of viewSource
    • bug 755059 Update en-GB for Gecko 14
    • bug 755838 Update en-GB for Firefox 14
    • bug 755840 Update en-GB for Editor 14
    • bug 755867 Update en-GB for Thunderbird 14
    • bug 755900 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.11
  • Waiting for additional review on:
  • Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
    • bug 689253 Update en-GB for Mobile 10.0 (comm-aurora)
  • Working on:
    • Various SM Council documents.

    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
    • bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
    • File/Folder selection in windows.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.

    • Prefs-in-a-tab.
    • Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
    • Knock something up finding out why users are not upgrading to 2.4+ and send it around members lists for polishing.
    • Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.

InvisibleSmiley

KaiRo

mcsmurf

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 721474 Port |bug 575830 Image zoom (Page zoom) is reset when I switch tabs| to SeaMonkey.

  • bug 732027 Port |bug 575955 Replace internal usage of old transactions shim, add a new toolkit test| to SeaMonkey.

Working on:

  • bug 757110 Add Sync section to SeaMonkey privacy policy.

  • bug 741570 SeaMonkey Privacy Policy page mentions removed “Report a Broken Website” feature.

Misak

Mnyromyr

MReimer

Neil

Fixed:

  • bug 738228 Option to display used font faces [DOMi].

In Progress:

  • bug 707305 Re-enable building with --enable-incomplete-external-linkage.

  • bug 730837 Port |bug 613588 (livemarksIO) Replace livemarks with asynchronous load-on-demand livemarks (was: Livemarks cause synchronous I/O during txul)| to SeaMonkey.
  • bug 746166 Remove use of cmd_backgroundColor from comm-central.
  • bug 757330 [SeaMonkey, Windows] “a11y/accessible/events/test_focus_general.html | Test timed out.”, since 2012.05.”09+-17″.
  • bug 757368 moving the caret with arrow keys don’t work any more in editor if a floating panel contains a focusable element.

Ratty

Fixed:

  • bug 751081 Fix typo from bug 595810 (chrome://global/skin/icons/question64.png should be chrome://global/skin/icons/question-64.png instead) [Branches only patch from bug 694786]

  • bug 751922 Asynchronously add favicons to back/forward and history menus.

In progress:

  • bug 758677 Implement a Preference Pane for Offline Applications.

Waiting for review:

  • bug 663343 The “List all Tabs” menu should visually identify which tabs are on-screen (rather than scrolled off) [Needs Mac UI review].

  • bug 756800 Fix some tabbrowser.css styles that interfers with the Webconsole.

To Do:

  • Port Thunderbird bug 360800 MDN confirmation dialog does not say which addresses the receipt will be sent to (can be multiple).

Investigating:

  • Spelling Preferences: Parse spellchecker dictionary names as BCP 47 language tags.

Other:

  • Did some reviews and coding mentoring.

  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.
  • End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.

Ricardo

sgautherie

  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:

    • bug 754405 Drag&Drop doesn’t work with Tabs->Bookmarks and other things

    • bug 756499 Port |Bug 754141 – nsGlobalWindow should know in which web app it is running| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 730752 Replace all old synchronous favicons calls in Suite with Asynchronous Favicons API
    • bug 747668 Port |Bug 495277 – autocomplete.xml should not use new Function()| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 752548 Use capturing phase for notification.xml handlers
    • bug 753765 SeaMonkey browser_popupNotification.js: investigate “the logic taken from bug 575957 fails to work here, work around it for now.”
    • bug 756572 browser_popupNotification.js reports 3 “JavaScript strict warning”
  • Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
    • bug 632408 [SeaMonkey, Windows] mochitest-chrome: permanent “test_leaf_layers_partition_browser_window.xul | Leaf layers should form a non-overlapping partition of the browser window” failure, since landing

Stanimir

stefanh

tonymec

  • business as usual

  • VERIFIED

Any other business?

  • Geolocation

    • Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.

    • For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we’re not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.
    • No news to date. Callek will have to reach out to his MoCo legal contact again soonish.
  • Test failures
    • qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.

    • Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
    • tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
    • IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
    • Serge to do a write up and send it to Ratty to propagate to the community.
      • Ratty is ***still*** waiting for Serge.

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2012-05-29

« previous week | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Ludovic

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to abourcier@mozilla.com that she can send them a shirt!

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Test Pilot
Filelink (Big Files)
  • Still seem to be on track to release this in TB 13.
Account provisioner
  • Will ship with TB13
Instant Messaging
  • IRC fixes

  • Searches IM is merged
    • polishing needs to happen

    • Needs ironing testing
  • Next Address book integration

Google Summer of Code Projects

App Tabs for Thunderbird

Gmail integration

  • Working on downloading the gmail attributes (msg-ID, Thread-ID)

ISPDB

  • Working on testing

  • Admin to edit domains
  • users to request domains

Schedule and Progress

Daily & Earlybird builds
  • Signing of builds now enabled by default (PGP – all platforms, Binary – windows)

  • Mac builds will also now be signed by default, ready for 10.8 compatibility.
Beta Version
  • New automation went really well on the last beta. Shipped in less than 24 hours without pushing hard.

  • Final beta this week, will incorporate the Mac signing.
ESR

Extension of the week

address close button a utility that is make removing a recipient in Thunderbird easier. Without it you need to select the complete email address and press backspace – with it you click a button.

QA Updates

  • Late on a test plan for external services

    • FileLink

    • Account provisionner
  • Worked on Mac signed build
  • Worked on beta release
  • Had a rather unsuccessful test day last Thursday – (no activity visible)

Marketing Updates

Build / Release Update

  • Bug 698843 is CLOSED. All Thunderbird builds are running on Firefox infrastructure now!

  • Thunderbird 13.0b4, 13.0 final, and 10.0.5 ESR on deck this week

Web Update

  • account provisioner server work is done & working with new provider

  • usual start page update

Documentation

  • reorganizing Knowledge Base forums to make it easier for contributors to find tasks (the forums function as a TODO list)

  • prep for BCIT panel
  • practicum student projects:
    • article sourced in French needs to be translated into English so that it gets included in update / localization workflow

    • add saved search draft from Andrew to Knowledge Base
  • new enterprise tip transferred to MDN from enterprise mailing list: Updating users to access LDAP
  • contributor drafts:
    • enabling digital signatures and encryption

    • compacting background and usage

Support

  • Next support day will be the day after TB 13 releases i.e. 1 day after TB13 release day June 5 which will be June 6, 2012

(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 1235 new support topics (1207 one week ago ) – Media:21-27May2012-Thunderbird-1-of-2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png ; Media:21-27May2012-Thunderbird-2-of-2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png

  2. Thunderbird 12 Support Issues
  3. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Upcoming events!

Lightning Updates

  • Mac builder could not be moved to scl3, we likely need a new one.

  • Callek volunteered to put together a new VM for the windows builder to fix bug 757500.
  • Lightning 1.5 release builds to be created tomorrow or Wednesday, likely need to be manually put together due to missing mac builder (2-3 changesets added)

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

Usul, jb, standard8, Jenz, Roland, John, Abourcier, Jcranmer, Bwinton, moncley, irving,bienvenu,florian,sancus

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2012-05-29

« previous week | index | next week »

Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesday 2012-05-2911:00 am Pacific

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel

Contents

Kilimanjaro

  • Reminder: priority is (1) Basecamp and (2) Kilimanjaro

Notices / Schedule

  • Top issues (although not necessarily blockers) are bug 757262 – Youtube keeps playing audio after closing & bug 756250 – Netflix keeps playing after closing

    • If you’re experiencing either of these problems, please comment in the bug. Please indicate whether the audio continues or restarts from the beginning; whether today’s nightlies are any better than last week; and whether you are willing to run a debug configuration to help diagnose the problem.
  • Our final FF13 beta went to build yesterday (5/28) and will ship tomorrow
  • Final sign-offs will occur tomorrow (details TBD)
  • Our RC build will occur Thursday/Friday of this week
  • Merge day is Monday (6/4), and release day for FF13 is Tuesday

Firefox Development

  • Fixed bugs:

    • bug 745040: Move sessionstore service to a module

    • bug 740795: change pdf.js packaging to avoid add-blocker issues
    • bug 731047 and bug 732303: improvements to the profile reset feature and a re-designed safe mode dialog
  • Upcoming work:
    • Marco Castelluccio is working on web app runtime support for Linux: bug 745018

    • Australis (new theme) work on the tab strip: bug 732583

Firefox Developer Tools

  • Ongoing web console async work continues: bug 673148.

  • Layout View ready to be preffed on.
  • One last review needed for the responsive design tool: bug 749628.

Add-on SDK

Performance

  • Welcome the new perf interns: Josh and Nick!

GFX

JS

  • In preparation for retiring E4X entirely two new prefs will be introduced to control this functionality in content (javascript.options.xml.content)) and chrome (javascript.options.xml.chrome) (bug 753542). These prefs will be enabled initially to preserve the current behavior. They will be disabled in a follow-up bug. – Jason Orendroff (jorendorff).

Layout

  • Fennec Blockers!

  • Notable Patches:
    • bug 758589 – Make Selection.toString() return early (with empty result string) if the shell is destroyed. [mats]

    • bug 575294 – Security ** {{bug|[mats]
    • bug 719117 – Fix ** {{bug|724781 by preventing reentry to DoStopPlugin with a flag. [mats]
    • bug 747720 – Multiple Text Inflation Issues (Strange text rendering on phoronix.com [dbaron]
    • bug 757949 – In nsXULDocument::PrepareToWalk, range-check IndexOf() return-value _before_ converting it to be unsigned. [dholbert]
    • bug 644209 – Make tests that use non-UTF-8 content use file URLs instead of chrome URLs. [smontagu]
    • bug 755994 – Start painting text shadow of selection from the left edge in RTL text. [smontagu]
    • bug 758885 – Don’t apply the dynamic :hover reresolution skipping optimization to selectors which can match on mutable state other than :hover. [bz]
    • bug 758561 – Don’t build a mask for an empty layer. [ncameron]
    • bug 757125 – Make more MathML operators mirrorable. [Fred Wang]
    • bug 758516 – nsSVGGenericContainerFrame.cpp failed to compile with Solaris Studio compiler [Ginn Chen]
    • bug 757346 – Change from clipping the mask to drawing it. [ncameron]
    • bug 751521 – Separate pixman detection from cairo. r=glandium
    • bug 749976 – Reduce the curve tolerance to be closer to skia on mobile. [jmuizelaar]
    • bug 746452 – textPath does not handle startOffset with non-user-unit/non-percentage units correctly. [Robert Longson]
    • bug 757807 – Don’t store an nsMouseEvent in nsFrameSelection, it’s unnecessary and leaky. [roc]
    • bug 748384 – Propagate page bounds and CSS page bounds in via compositor [Kats]
    • bug 755730 – don’t mask out Indic codepoints in OpenType fonts supported by OS X 10.7. [jkew]
    • bug 607417 – Fix reverse translation of shadow layer clip rects. [clord]
    • bug 690743 – Reftest: Add a reftest for repeated drawing after changing transform while emitting a path.[Bas]

Video

  • WebRTC initial tranche will be landing after the next uplift (hopefully as soon as the tree opens). Landing plan on dev-media and dev-planning. Please help with looking at review requests where it doesn’t hurt work towards basecamp and uplift!

DOM

WebAPI

Network

Identity

Work continues in Pine twig. Looking unlikely that UI bits will make this cycle, but perhaps better odds for the core bits (DOM / crypto) that will be shared with B2G/Fennec.

Plugins

Mobile

  • Flash support for Honeycomb

  • Looking at crashes
  • Working on release plan and schedule

Accessibility

  • We are getting reports (e.g. bug 759236) from devs that our a11y engine is instantiated in FF mac trunk/nightly (since we turned on a11y support for the first time in trunk this round). It seems there are lots of tools that may require the user to turn on mac a11y support at the system level. We are monitoring the situation and will turn off a11y support for aurora/beta/release channels until we are blazing fast.

Tree Management

  • OSX builds are now being signed

    • nightly builds on all branches

    • 13.0b6 is signed as well. All future betas and releases for 13+ will be signed.
  • Win8 builds being done on elm branch
  • If you have a disposable branch booked and aren’t using it – please release it and let somebody else use it!

Security

  • How we prioritize our work

    • Incident

    • Mozilla Initiative
    • Corporate Quarterly Goal
    • Team Quarterly Goal
    • Non-Specific Project
A formal wiki on we score items and the tags we will use on bugs is coming

Reviews coming up this week:

 Wednesday 1pm PDT -- Settings API
 Wednesday 2pm PDE -- Web Intents/Activities
 Thursday 10am PDT -- B2G Browswer
 

Calendar: https://mail.mozilla.com/home/ckoenig@mozilla.com/Security%20Review.html

For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar

Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled

ID Summary Status Priority
744967 Add plugincheck functionality to Add-on Manager NEW
748945 Review iframe auto-height feature (part of seemless iframes) NEW
748949 Review changes to Cache-Control: no-cache on https pages NEW
749235 Security Review of Enable HTTP pipelining by default NEW
749334 SecReview: webapps OS level integration : Maemo NEW
749337 SecReview: Thunderbird should (semi-)automatically improve the security-related server configuration settings when it knows an improvement could be made NEW
749339 SecReview: Thunderbird auto-configuration database should be expanded & updated by regularly spidering every domain on the internet ( NEW
749341 SecReview: Teach FileSaver to take URIs as well NEW
749344 SecReview: WebUSB NEW
749362 SecReview: WebBluetooth NEW
749363 SecReview: Preffing out CSS should be easier NEW
749364 SecReview: WebPrint (or WebIPP) NEW
749368 SecReview: Use a pref to determine whether we auto-launch downloaded files NEW
749379 SecReview: [WebAPI] Proper WebAPI permissions manager NEW
749625 SecReview: (camera) camera support for desktop NEW
749372 SecReview: Relax same-origin XHR restrictions for privileged applications NEW
749378 SecReview: Network manager API NEW
749221 Security Review of Media Plugin API (MPAPI) ASSIGNED
749233 Security Review of turn on “don’t load tabs until selected” by default / Tabs on Demand ASSIGNED
749355 SecReview: WebContacts (or Contacts+) ASSIGNED P1

Stability Report

Socorro

  • Work for rapid beta support is starting

  • bug 759059 Filed for missing XUL symbols on trunk

Desktop

  • 13 / Beta:

    • bug 752266 Startup crash that began in B2, but has moved up into #21 slot in Beta 5.

Mobile

See Mobile Notes for Mobile specific Socorro notes

  • Great progress on crashes for beta – 6.51% crashes per 100 ADU for b2.

  • Still need to bring that down but making great progress.

See Mobile Notes for Mobile specific Socorro notes

  • 14.0b3 Beta top crashes

    • bug 744850 – java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Receiver not registered: org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoConnectivityReceiver@<addr>: at android.app.LoadedApk.forgetReceiverDispatcher(LoadedApk.java)

    • bug 475084 – Crash in [@ JS_DHashTableEnumerate]
    • bug 731293 – Crash in nsBaseContentList::cycleCollection::CanSkipReal
  • Aurora top crashes

    • bug 744850 – java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Receiver not registered: org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoConnectivityReceiver@<addr>: at android.app.LoadedApk.forgetReceiverDispatcher(LoadedApk.java)

    • bug 749186 – crash in nsFontInflationData::FindFontInflationDataFor
    • bug 731293 – Crash in nsBaseContentList::cycleCollection::CanSkipReal
  • Nightly top crashes

    • bug 731293 – Crash in nsBaseContentList::cycleCollection::CanSkipReal

    • bug 756140 bug 758895 – libxul bugs
      • not sure what to do with these; they are varying. Should we create individual bugs for each libxul crash for now?
    • bug 753665 – shutdown crash in nsWindow::FindTopLevel

Note:

Roundtable

  • Who finally sent a headset to JP?

28-May-2012

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2012-05-28

« previous week | index | next week »

  • Dial-in: conference# 8600

    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600

Contents

All-hands Status Meeting Agenda

Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.

Friends of the Tree

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 28 May

Tuesday, 29 May

Wednesday, 30 May

Thursday, 31 May

Friday, 01 June

Next Week

Product Status Updates (voice updates)

Firefox Desktop

Speaker Location:

Firefox Mobile

Speaker Location:

Thunderbird

Speaker Location:

Older Branch Work

Speaker Location:

Drumbeat

Speaker Location:

Identity

Speaker Location:

Services

Speaker Location:

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title Presenter Topic Media More Details
Your Title Here Your Name Here What are you going to talk about? Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen Link to where audience can find out more information

Introducing New Hires

New Hire Introduced by Speaker location Will be working on
Who is the new hire? Who will be introducing that person? From which office will that introduction be transmitted? What will the new person be working on?

Introducing New Interns

New Intern Introduced by Speaker location Will be working on
Who is the new intern? Who will be introducing that person? From which office will that introduction be transmitted? What will the new person be working on?

Roundtable

<meta>

Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.

Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)

Firefox

Platform

Services

Messaging

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

Test Execution

WebQA

QA Community

Automation & Tools

Security

Engagement

PR

Events

Creative Team

Community Marketing

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Apps

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

People Team

WebFWD

Foundation Updates

23-May-2012

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/23-May-2012

Contents

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room

Schedule

  • Next merge is 2012-06-04 (got moved up one day. see newsgroups)

  • Beta
    • Fx14 Beta 2 went live in the Market on 2012-05-18

    • Fx14 Beta 3 build was tagged/built on 2012-05-22 and planned to be in Market on 2012-05-25

Major Topics for This Week

Monitoring Beta
Now that Fx14 Beta is in the Market we are monitoring feedback and crash-stats closely. We’ll keep monitoring the stability and feedback throughout the beta period.

Tablet UI Milestones
In response to the feedback we have been getting from Fx14 Beta, we are looking into ways to get some native traction for tablets. We know that in order to support tablets with Native Fennec, work needs to happen on the UI and on Flash support. Some short-term planning has been happening to see if we can start landing small, well scoped, patches into Fx15. There is no guarantee that anything would be uplifted into Fx14.

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

  • Last week

    • Flash fullscreen stuff
  • This week

    • Fixed a couple nasty Flash crashers

    • Continued on fullscreen. Will be getting a partially working version in this week. Still have an issue on ICS.

Kats

  • Last week

    • bug 743279 – clicking on things was hard on pages with a mouse listener on the body

    • bug 755549 – don’t generate haptic feedback for mouse listeners on the body
    • bug 756555 – crash in tiling code
    • bug 748384 – RTL pages don’t render properly (bounced but will re-land today)
    • initial patches for bug 752709 – keyboard overlaps text input fields, need rework
  • Next week

    • fix up blockers assigned to me (bug 752709, bug 753665) and any other unassigned blockers i can take

    • more clicking-is-hard bugs (bugs that block 753525)

GBrown

Last week:

  • Bug 746938 java.lang.NullPointerException at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoNetworkManager.getNetworkType

  • Bug 756704 Robocop: missing / missed events can cause infinite hangs
  • Reported Bug 757468 OutOfMemory exception on createBitmap after 330+ page loads

Next week:

  • Bug 756817 Fix and reenable tcheck3

  • Bug 754575 Cache.Trash* files fill up disk space
  • Bug 745340 Improve disk cache smart sizing for mobile
  • Bug 756183 Robocop: loadUrl sometimes fails
  • Bug 757475 Robocop: testPermissions fails silently

Chris Lord (cwiiis)

  • Last week

    • bug 753742 – odd drawing problems on pages with iframes and overflow:hidden (fixed on central, aurora)

    • bug 753784 – mask layers are broken with tiled textures/npot in pot textures (ncameron fixed on central)
    • Interviewing, London office events
  • This week

    • Fixed reftest failures and landed bug 607417 on central

    • Looking at improving fixed position layers
    • Looking at async texture upload again
    • Holiday after this week for a week and a bit

Chris Peterson

  • Last Week

    • bug 751864 – Typing character followed by space adds the same character another time on ICS

    • bug 721835 – ANPAudio::trackLatency is not implemented
  • This Week

    • Investigating bug 751513 – Typing characters in the contenteditable div causes the whole line to be deleted

    • Investigating bug 755909 – Text is selected when clicking textbox with Swype keyboard
    • Investigating bug 756429 – Accented characters are substituted when entering other characters and can also remove the content before it on mobile.twitter.com when using HKB

GCP

  • Last week

    • bug 755383 – about:firstrun is present but does not work

    • bug 735064 Add tests for BrowserProvider batch operations
    • bug 750753 Add tests for Profile Migration
  • Next week
    • bug 710330 Implement bookmarks and history import from Android System DB
  • Blockers
    • bug 735461 Robocop: Fennec does not interpret -profile argument correctly

Brian N

  • Done

    • bug 755771 – “Back” button does not navigate back, but return to homescreen.

    • bug 586885 – show search suggestions when entering text in awesome bar
    • bug 756734 – java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoApp$16.run(GeckoApp.java)
  • Next
    • Blockers

    • PTO

Sriram

  • Last Week:

    • Restart Fennec when locale changes – bug 732572

    • Fully featured custom menu
  • This Week:
    • URL bar for Tablet UI

    • Made custom menu to be only for post-honeycomb devices
  • Blockers:
    • None.

WesJ

Last week:

  • bug 756701 – Clearing Private Data on mobile has unintended consequences when Sync is enabled

  • bug 732052 – XUL Scale (video scrubber) elements should support touch events
  • Blogged about porting Cleary to Native
  • Wrote an extension/hack to fix google redirect problems
  • bug 757208 – Problems with clicking on generated content

This week:

  • More looking into chromeless support

  • bug 719276 Double tap leaves active on links

LucasR

Last week:

Next week:

Blockers:

MBrubeck

Margaret

Done:

  • Topcrash in TabsTray – bug 732901

  • Avoid showing the plugins doorhanger if possible – bug 755062
  • Started working on find in page – bug 695172
  • Started working on refactoring TabsTray to work with tablet UI
    • Needs more discussion with UX

Next:

  • Continue working on find in page and the tabs UI

  • PTO Friday

Scott (jwir3)

  • Last Week:

    • bug 749186 : Crash in nsFontInflationData (almost done)
  • This Week:

    • bug 748434 : Font inflation causes cut off button text

    • bug 752947 : Flour missing from pancake recipe
    • bug 756518 : Adjust conditional detection of mobile using meta viewport

BLassey

Last week

  • In London for office opening, met a lot of people

  • Looked at some optimizations for screenshots

Next week

  • Continue looking at screenshot optimizations

MFinkle

Note: Will miss the meeting

Done:

  • Triage and Reviews

  • Landed a simple WebApp patch to auto-add a homescreen icon on install (bug 741608)
  • Playing around with changes to the throbber to improve performance (bug 748994)
  • Working through some short-term Tablet UI planning

Next:

  • Triage and Reviews (it will end when i’m dead)

  • Another WebApp patch to use system notifications on install (bug 741430)
  • Moar Fx15 milestone planning
  • Prepping to start some long-term planning (Fx16 and beyond)

Arkady

Madhava

Ian Barlow

Patryk Adamczyk

(Still heads down on Gaia/B2G but…)
Delivered some (placeholder) graphics to Lucas R. for the Reader Mode.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=750684
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=750698

GFX

Round Table

QA

Socorro/Breakpad/Stability

Hightlights:

  • Socorro team is ramping up for b2g, rapid beta, and some other projects.

  • Filtering of data in place for official builds
  • This week should include:
    • URLS (if you have admin access) in the result for a crash signatures

      • bug 550538 – Provide easily-accessible list of URLs-for-signature to logged-in users
    • Java crash signatures w/ address location should be pooled together as one crash signature
      • bug 726385 – replace 8 digit hex addresses with a placeholder within Java signatures
  • Hoping that Beta 3 will hit target of under 10 crashes per 100 ADU

Socorro bugs:

  • bug 727286 – Incorrect messaging when failing to submit a crash report

  • bug 672606 – Aggregate numbers and topcrashes for Nightly and Aurora channels based on build ID date instead of crash date

Skiplist

Breakpad Integration bugs:

  • bug 750348 A large number of devices are not showing up with the device identifiers

  • bug 717472 – Can’t retrieve crash report that shows in about:crashes
  • bug 732629 crash report failed to send due to : javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Not trusted server certificate
  • bug 738168 Moving Fennec to the SDCard will prevent crash reports from being copied to the profile, ie no crash report will be reported to Socorro

Please see Platform Meeting Notes for Stability report

SUMO

  • All docs are ready for L10n

  • Feedback has slowed to ~20 reviews per day
  • For beta2 (sat-tuesday) the large % of low reviews are for crashes and instability
  • For issues also reported on SUMO, I’m adding [sumo] to the bugs
  • For tablets, users really want flash and speed followed by desktop view and tab switching (low reviews on tablet have slowed to 18% of all reviews for Beta)

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2012-05-23

« previous week | index | next week »

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)

  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: Warp Core
  • Vidyo Guest URL
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Contents

Actions from Last Week

  • ally/jen to come back with an answer on how we feel about AitC as a blocker to the FF15 apps work

    • AitC is a blocker for FF15. The plan is to have FF15 stand up all the pieces of the apps ecosystem and AitC is an integral part of that. In FF16, the fit and finish for K9o will be done. Any questions ping Jen at jarguello@mozilla.com.
  • matt/alex to figure out why our adobe blocklist didn’t eliminate the reader bustage

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Kilimanjaro

Firefox Desktop

Release (12, 10esr, 3.6)

  • We’re now less than 2 weeks from our next release

  • Notification Bar “block” notifying users that they’re running an old version of Flash (<=10.2.159.1) will go out today. See bug 754723.

Beta (13)

  • FF13 beta 5 will be released on Friday. Code freeze for FF13 is that same day.

  • Barring any urgent blockers, Beta 6 is going to build Monday (5/28, despite Memorial Day) for a release on Wednesday
    • We’re targeting FF13 beta 6 to enable 10.8 signing support

Aurora (14)

Nightly (15)

  • Once QA signs off on 10.8-compatible builds today, nightly updates will be re-enabled

  • Merge day will be one day early this cycle – 6/4. This will not affect the release schedule

Firefox Mobile

  • We’ve fallen into a cadence of building betas on tuesdays and shipping them on Fridays

  • crash stats shows our crash rate below 10 per 100 ADU on beta2, which was our goal for beta1
    • however ratings in the market complain about stability
  • We’re looking at what we can do to get native goodness to tablet users as soon as possible

Services

Firefox Sync

  • Services/Meetings/RapidRelease/2012-05-23 today, 2p, in vidyo room ‘Services’

  • Native Sync: going well, release & beta blockers cleared! \o/
  • Sync 2.0 temporarily stalled while we assist the Aitc client
    •  :fang is working on shiny new UX for sync 2.0

Apps In the Cloud Server

  • the HSM machines must be moved out of mountain view before public launch.

Add-on SDK

Release (1.7 -> Firefox 12, 13)

  • No big issues noted with the release

Stabilization (1.8 -> Firefox 13, 14)

  • Spinning a 1.8b2 shortly

Development (1.9 -> Firefox 14, 15)

  • Working on gathering data about repacks

  • Discussing an “auto-repack” option once landed in Firefox

Identity

Apps

Feedback Summary

Desktop

Firefox 12 issues summary:

We currently have a 5% increase in issues over Firefox 11. This seems to be a combination of issues including:

Firefox 12 is slow – Thread was originally about a gfx card issue, but I think it turned into a pile on thread [1]
[2]
[3]

Firefox 12 consumes too much memory – Another thread that has spiked but is probably a combination of issues. [4]
[5]
[6]

Facebook games won’t load – Slight spike over 11. Still investigating. [7]
[8]

Foxit Reader causing Hotmail issues: Foxit is aware of the issue. They have a fix in the works. We’ve updated all the threads and are seeing a decrease in the reports.
[9]
[10]

PDF Issues on Mac – After blocklist we are seeing a dramatic decrease in reports. I’ve verified the blocklist works. We have updated all the threads and created documentation. [11]
[12]

Firefox 12 incorrectly caching pages – Bug filed [13]
[14]

FF12 praise summary, down 5% from FF11:

fast:
[15]
[16]

stable:
[17]
[18]

Beta (copied from the channel meeting):

  • Update on beta issues:

  • Feature feedback:
    • most of the feedback from the new tab behavior has been positive. Complaints are mostly around the precise behavior of how things show up there or wanting to rearrange/edit the boxes.

    • New home page reactions are pretty mixed, people say that they’re having trouble setting/changing away from it and some people wanted a google bar back. Some users want the newtab page to be part of the home page. Cheng is trying to track down a product person for decisions.

Mobile

Overall, feedback on nativeUI is extremely positive on performance, flash and the redesign.
The Google Play rating now shows 4 stars!

For beta2, we are probably more crashy than the mainstream user expectation (but still statistically better than beta1).

Tablet: input issues on v13 XUL did spike last week, of 167 issues, the breakdown is as follows:

  • 31% no flash

  • 19% no desktop view
  • 9% text entry/keyboard problems
  • 9% slow
  • 4.5% I want v14

27 sumo questions this week, 22% are about sync setup:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/927533

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/927569

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/927660

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/927695

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/927697

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/927772

SUMO also had reports of several bugs:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=756663

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=754947

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=754253

UX & User Research

Market Insights

Marketing, Press & Public Reaction

Questions, Comments, FYI

Actions this week

22-May-2012

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2012-05-22

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> bienvenu

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to abourcier@mozilla.com that she can send them a shirt!

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Test Pilot
Filelink (Big Files)
  • We’ve noticed that a newline is being inserted after signatures on replies (see bug 756500)

  • The “Learn More” and “Need an account” links for the account setup dialog for YouSendIt have been updated to point to TB-specific landing pages
  • Ubuntu One has passed code review. We have some string issues to deal with but we should be able to land on the trunk in a day or two.
Instant Messaging
Account Provisioning

Account provisioning should land in TB 13 with two providers.

Google Summer of Code Projects

The Community Bonding Period is over, and coding should have officially started yesterday, if not sooner.

App Tabs for Thunderbird
  • Spent more time studying Firefox’s app tabs implementation – it actually works a bit differently than we originally supposed (ask trungnn or mconley for the sordid details)

  • trungnn has started hacking on the TB UI to port the Firefox app tabs implementation over.

GMail integration

  • GMAIL SOC project – Atul has been working on figuring out if it’s a gmail server, requesting the extra attributes, and parsing the responses.

ISPDB Project

Schedule and Progress

  • As per mozilla.dev.planning the merge date is now one day before the release to reduce the amount of churn on release days.
Beta Version
  • 13.0b2 just realised – first release on the new Firefox based automation.

    • Thanks to the releng team, especially jhopkins
  • 13.0b3 starting today.
ESR

Extension of the week

  • Sender Name make seeing who sent the email way easier by doing lookups in your AB.

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

Infrastructure Update

Build / Release Update

Web Update

  • working on account provisioner stuff & compatibility bump for TB13

  • mozilla.org staging is down, IT is shifting it to an allizom.org hostname.
  • TB startpage is updated this week.

Documentation

  • edits and personal profile for AM’s contributor engagement blog posts

  • MTD Knowledge Base contributions: 4 contributors, 4 minor contribs, 3 major contribs
  • reworking KB forums to make it easier for contributors to find projects
  • Thunderbird “challenge” course on P2PU (encryption)
  • writing Facebook posts about Mozilla / Thunderbird for the upcoming British Columbia Institute of Technology event (background for a panel)

Support

  • Next support day will be the day after TB 13 releases i.e. 1 day after TB13 release day June 5 which will be June 6, 2012

(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 1207 new support topics (1480 one week ago ) – https://wiki.mozilla.org/File:14-20May2012-1of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png ; https://wiki.mozilla.org/File:14-20May2012-2of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png

  2. Thunderbird 12 Support Issues
  3. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Upcoming events!

Lightning Updates

  • Getting builders back up again after the network moves, should be up soon.

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

bienvenu, ann-marie, jb, standard8, roland, jen, sancus, bwinton, mconley, ludo, irving

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2012-05-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2012-05-22

« previous week | index | next week »

Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesday 2012-05-2211:00 am Pacific

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel

Contents

Kilimanjaro

  • K9o tracking

    • Rescheduling triage sessions. Not getting great participation at these times and conflicts with daily mobile triage.

    • Preparing a triage page with all the queries/lists.
    • Still several areas that need better product definition – sitting down with the product team to get through that.
    • Working on integrating a regular status for Monday meetings.
  • Basecamp
    • Getting out more communications to dev.planning.

    • Revised product draft is pending.
    • Meetings, updates going out publicly.
    • Regular status update in Monday meetings.

Notices / Schedule

  • We’re now in the fifth week of the cycle

    • Code freeze for FF13 is this coming Friday – this is the final week to land fixes or mitigating patches for bugs on the tracking 13 list
  • Beta 5 is going to build today, and will be released on Friday
    • Please land any beta approved patches by this afternoon PT
  • Barring any urgent blockers, Beta 6 is going to build Monday (5/28, despite Memorial Day) for a release on Wednesday

  • We expect merge day (NOT release day) to occur a day early, 6/4, in support of releasing high quality Aurora/Beta builds before the end of the week
  • We’ll be discussing Beta growth at today’s channel meeting at 2PM PT in Warp Core

    • Specifically looking at population size vs having a representative population, and the affect on discoverability vs urgency/prioritization

Firefox Development

  • Background updates bug 307181 landed this morning, please watch for possible problems in updates on Nightly within the next couple of weeks.

Firefox Developer Tools

Add-on SDK

  • Add-on SDK Scratchpad now loads examples from docs

  • Gathered some stats on SDK versions in use on AMO
  • Got a new search tool for add-on source in testing

Performance

  • This week’s Snappy update

  • Telemetry sign in now uses Persona (BrowserID).
  • Jet sped up browser chrome by converting SVG masks to clip-paths: bug 752918.
  • The necko team is looking for feedback on test builds that reduce cache-related pauses on the main thread. If you suffer from cache-related lag, give these builds a spin and see bug 722034.
  • Benoit made our profiling builds useful on Linux and Android (in addition to Windows, Mac64).
  • Rafael is getting close to calling exit(0) in bug 662444.
  • We now do compartmental GC more often. See bug 716014.
  • Andrew is working on reducing CC overhead (by 80% in his benchmark) when closing tabs. See bug 754495.

GFX

JS

Layout

  • Display-list-based-invalidation is nearly complete. Planning to land after next uplift for maximum bake time. Greatly reduces the amount of repainting required on complex dynamic pages, and speeds up reflow. [mattwoodrow]

  • SVG displayList conversion is progressing well now. Most test cases passing. Remaining work involves clipping paths, masks and filters. [jwatt]
  • Fennec work continues…
  • Notable Patches:

    • bug 749425 – Push the scroll frame clip inside the scroll layer so it gets transformed by the shadow transform.

    • bug 749935 – Make all nsRect Union methods saturating. If width/height overflows nscoord_MAX then clamp the x/y to nscoord_MIN / 2 and try again.
    • bug 751356 – Make presshell arena allocation methods inline and non-virtual.
    • bug 752428 – Null-check the right thing to fix topcrash.
    • bug 752918 – Convert expensive SVG masks to clip-paths.
    • bug 249159 – harfbuzz shaper should not modify character-clustering info due to diacritic within ligature.
    • bug 746987 – Make unicode-bidi: [-moz-]plaintext apply to inline elements.
    • bug 731594 – Fix some cases where a bidi-isolated element was never going through bidi resolution.
    • bug 750551 – Make dir=rtl reverse layout direction in horizontal orientation only.
    • bug 753397 – Add a field to nsCSSPropList for a preference that controls the property.
    • bug 747720 – Save and expose on nsFontInflationData the width of the nearest common ancestor of the inflated descendants.
    • bug 756219 – Don’t use Moz prefix on internal function names in nsComputedDOMStyle for recommendation-track properties.
    • bug 528332 – Implement non-scaling-stroke vector-effect.
    • bug 753742 – Force layer build on scroll frames with a displayport.
    • bug 512525 – Implement SVG Fragment Identifier parsing and animation hyperlinking
    • bug 734082 – Compute and store bounds and visual overflow bounds for both SVG leaf and container frames.

Video

  • We have libstagefright audio/video decoding working on Nexus S, Galaxy S2, and Akami devices running B2G. Will land soon once some build system stuff is reviewed. Still have to figure out how to support linking to different libstagefright binaries in a single build. [eflores, doublec]

  • libcubeb audio backend landed and enabled on nightly for Linux (ALSA). Windows and Mac already landed, so only Android remains. Matthew is working on software stream mixing which will make the Android backend easier. [kinetik]
  • fullscreenWithKeys support has landed, along with integration with pointer-lock API. [cpearce]

DOM

WebAPI

  • Started looking at implementing plumbing for security model, including “cookie jars” (or rather “data jars” since they affect IndexedDB and localStorage as well). Will not affect firefox for now, but will let us do cool things in the future in Firefox if we want to. bug 756644

  • Filed tracker for “trusted apps”. bug 756729
  • Proximity and ambient light sensors landed on mobile.
  • Contacts API has been getting better search capabilities as well as SIM-card integration.

Network

Try for network cache pauses fixes (bug 722034 and bug 746018): https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Try&rev=10b6ced92518

Identity

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?product=Core;component=Identity;resolution=—;list_id=3096171

Plugins

  • We are experiencing feedback reports in Firefox 13 that youtube and netflix continue to play audio after the tab is closed/navigated. If you experience this, please don’t ignore it and help come up with details STR. See bug 757262 (youtube) and bug 756250 (netflix).

Mobile

Accessibility

Tree Management

  • OSX signing of nightlies will be enabled today or tomorrow

  • 32-bit PGO builds are now happening on 64-bit machines

Security

Reviews coming up this week:

 Wednesday 1pm PDT -- TCP/UDP socket API for web apps
 Thursday 10am PDT -- Script Debugger
 Friday 10am -- Landing Jetpack loader in Firefox

Calendar: https://mail.mozilla.com/home/ckoenig@mozilla.com/Security%20Review.html
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar

Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled

ID Summary Status Priority
744967 Add plugincheck functionality to Add-on Manager NEW
748945 Review iframe auto-height feature (part of seemless iframes) NEW
748949 Review changes to Cache-Control: no-cache on https pages NEW
749235 Security Review of Enable HTTP pipelining by default NEW
749334 SecReview: webapps OS level integration : Maemo NEW
749337 SecReview: Thunderbird should (semi-)automatically improve the security-related server configuration settings when it knows an improvement could be made NEW
749339 SecReview: Thunderbird auto-configuration database should be expanded & updated by regularly spidering every domain on the internet ( NEW
749341 SecReview: Teach FileSaver to take URIs as well NEW
749342 SecReview: “App-state” API, so that content knows when it becomes hidden etc. NEW
749344 SecReview: WebUSB NEW
749362 SecReview: WebBluetooth NEW
749363 SecReview: Preffing out CSS should be easier NEW
749364 SecReview: WebPrint (or WebIPP) NEW
749365 SecReview: API for “home screen” app locking display, listening for “wake up” button, etc. NEW
749368 SecReview: Use a pref to determine whether we auto-launch downloaded files NEW
749379 SecReview: [WebAPI] Proper WebAPI permissions manager NEW
749625 SecReview: (camera) camera support for desktop NEW
749372 SecReview: Relax same-origin XHR restrictions for privileged applications NEW
749378 SecReview: Network manager API NEW
749221 Security Review of Media Plugin API (MPAPI) ASSIGNED
749233 Security Review of turn on “don’t load tabs until selected” by default / Tabs on Demand ASSIGNED
749355 SecReview: WebContacts (or Contacts+) ASSIGNED P1

Stability Report

Socorro

  • With Wednesday’s Socorro update, anyone with an admin login will be able to retrieve URLs for a signature easily directly in Socorro UI.

Desktop

Trunk

  • Huge crash spike

    • bug 756796 fixed but will take some time for a crash of that magnitude to fade out of the stats.

    • Other spikes seem to be correlated to that issue – bug 756798,bug 756797
    • As bad as the spike was/is, people were putting Sunday work in to repro, get the fix done, reviewed and landed, thanks for that!
  • Watching crash regressions closely over the next couple of weeks as we get close to next merge.

Aurora

Beta

Release

  • Dealing with a number of issues relating to Flash.

    • The decision for now is to go for a variant of the blocklist we haven’t done before. If you navigate to a page that is running Flash and it’s an old version – we have a notification bar.

    • Adobe gave us symbols that haven’t been obfuscated. We reprocessed all the reports. For the 11.2 version.
    • Still outstanding issue around 11.3 being particularly crashy – discuss in stability work week.
    • bug 686335 – mentioned in the discussion of blocklisting. Not a problem with the notification bar. Nominated as tracking for 13.

Mobile

  • Great progress on crashes for beta – 9.97 crashes per 100 ADU for b2.

  • Still need to bring that down but making great progress.
  • Tracking top 10 list closely and more fixes pending for b3.

See Mobile Notes for Mobile specific Socorro notes

  • 14.0b2 Beta top crashes

    • bug 752368 – Random black screens when opening links from other applications

      • this should be fixed in nightly, if you have encountered this, please check to make sure you are on the latest nightly (by going to about:firefox) and place in steps to reproduce (STR) in the bug.
    • bug 732901 – java.lang.IllegalStateException: at android.widget.ListView.layoutChildren(ListView.java) at android.widget.ListView.commonKey(ListView.java) with Adapter(class org.mozilla.gecko.TabsTray$TabsAdapter)
      • this should be in the next beta
    • bug 731288 – crash @ libgui.so
      • Patch approved, waiting for it to land
  • Aurora top crashes

    • bug 752368 – Random black screens when opening links from other applications (see above)

    • bug 731288 – crash @ libgui.so (see above)
    • bug 744286 – crash in mozilla::layers::ContainerLayer::ComputeEffectiveTransformsForChildren @ libpvrANDROID_WSEGL
      • Need STR
  • Nightly top crashes

    • bug 731293 – Crash in nsBaseContentList::cycleCollection::CanSkipReal

    • bug 757303 – crash in [@ TouchBadMemory | mozalloc_abort | dalvik-mark-stack (deleted)@0x3127f40 ] ; Possible font fallback issue?
    • bug 745250 – java.lang.NullPointerException: at android.view.GestureDetector.onTouchEvent(GestureDetector.java)

Note:

Roundtable

  • Reminder that build system changes require review from a build system peer. – khuey

  • Possible 13.0 regression: Plugins continue to play audio after the tab is closed. [1]

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress