Meeting Notes

26-September-2012

Mobile: 2012-09-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Schedule

  • Next merge is 2012-10-08

  • Fx16 betas continue to ship weekly

Major Topics for This Week

ARMv6
Still collecting data to get confidence in the current minimum requirements (800MHz/512MB) as well as look for ways to test devices outside the minimums. We’d like to be able to drop the minimums to get more ARMv6 devices unblocked.

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

Kats

Sep 19 – Sep 26:

  • bug 713032 – add a MemoryMonitor class

  • bug 792496 – remove empty ScreenshotHandler delegation functions
  • bug 783230 – add a way to dump about:memory stats to logcat
  • bug 792165 – get a benchmark running for measuring memory usage
  • bug 791263 – disable screenshotting under low-memory conditions
  • bug 793677 – fix regression from bug 727352 (if you saw weird viewport-related things, this may have been it)
  • bug 791338 – fix focusing editable elements inside frames
  • filed bug 794479 with a WIP to get java code loading in addons – API suggestions welcome

Next week:

  • PTO from Friday September 28 to Monday October 8

GBrown

  • Last week:

    • bug 770461 Intermittent Robocop | testHistoryTab | Context menu has New Tab option

    • bug 794070 Intermittent TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | testHistoryTab | First row has Today header – Yesterday
    • bug 785577 Intermittent testWebContentContextMenu | Exception caught – junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: The text: Open is not found!
    • bug 792147 [ARMv6] Disable in-memory file cache
    • bug 675049 xpcshell/netwerk/test/unit/test_bug654926.js fails on Android
  • Next:
    • bug 792212 – on the tegras we have found that reftests fail a lot…

Chris Lord (cwiiis)

  • Done

    • bug 793656 – Progressive tile upload causes flickering when invalidating (on m-c)

    • bug 794200 – When drawing progressively with tiles, draw them in an ‘intelligent’ order (r+’d)
    • bug 794465 – Progressive tile painting causes seams to appear in updated content (such as animated gifs) (r+’d)
  • Now/next

    • bug 794130 – Aborting painting outside the viewport

    • bug 798998 – Planeswalker Points website fails to invalidate correctly
    • Plan out low-res tiles for progressive tile drawing with BenWa
  • Low priority/blocked

    • Blog about invalidation work

    • bug 785069 – tcheckerboard2 has regressed substantially since Jul 22nd
    • bug 792415 – Covered areas of fixed position elements are not rendered
    • Invalidation bugs (waiting on DLBI)
    • bug 783914 – WEBGL_depth_texture doesn’t work using ANGLE (low priority)
    • bug 786412 – Consolidate ContainerLayer functions (waiting on nrc’s shadow layers work)

Chris Peterson

  • Done

    • bug 785340 – crash in OmxDecoder::ReadAudio

    • bug 789124 – Makefile assumes the jar command to be used is in the search path
    • bug 780239 – Android’s InputMethodManager calls GeckoInputConnection.finishComposingText() on the wrong thread when dismissing “Add Search Engine” dialog
    • bug 769894 and bug 792702 – IllegalThreadStateException: Expected thread “main” but running on thread “GeckoBackgroundThread”
    • bug 790180 – CalledFromWrongThreadException: android.widget.ListView.setSelectionFromTop(ListView.java)
    • bug 786312 – CalledFromWrongThreadException: android.widget.PopupWindow.dismiss(PopupWindow.java)
  • Next

    • PTO on September 27, 28

    • bug 794233 – Stagefright video playback is blank in release builds, but not debug builds

GCP

  • Last week:

    • bug 727370 Bad(?) files in safebrowsing folder in user profile prevent loading any site after installing update

    • bug 741808 Finish enabling URL classification in SafeBrowsing.js component
    • bug 792065 Uninitialised value use in nsIdleServiceDaily::DailyCallback
  • Next week:
    • bug 792339 OUT_OF_MEMORY_KILLED telemetry breakdown

    • bug 785960 “Don’t keep activities” developer option gets counted as OOM in telemetry
    • bug 778855 affects mobile because we take >2s to start up
    • Tab thumbnails (bug 787318 etc)
  • Blockers:
    • Need Telemetry reports from bug 792339

Brian N

  • Past

    • WIP Bug 582244 – Implement Private Browsing

    • WIP Bug 769145 – Add an opt-in for the search suggestions feature
  • Future
    • Land Bug 582244 – Implement Private Browsing

      • Maybe help with necessary platform changes

      • Also need to add a real UI
    • Land Bug 769145 – Add an opt-in for the search suggestions feature
    • Bug 722661 – Stub restored tabs before Gecko starts

Sriram

WesJ

Last week:

  • Bug 793750 – After starting up the Marketplace app through FF Android in Open with app, then returning to FF Android and reaccessing marketplace.mozilla.org on a new tab, nothing happens

  • Bug 793162 – Installation prompt not themed
  • Bug 791612 – “other origin” bar persists after pressing Back button to return to same-origin page
  • Bug 786826 – java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: android.content.SharedPreferences$Editor.apply at org.mozilla.gecko.WebAppAllocator.findAndAllocateIndex(WebAppAllocator.java) on Froyo
  • Bug 790305 – Don’t add history entries for redirects or error pages

This week:

  • Security bugs

  • Bug 793796 – If remove a web app from the list of active processes, then try to re-launch it – splashscreen loads, but content occasionally does not load

LucasR

Last week

  • PTO on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

  • bug 767980 – Tab drawer animation should be smoother

Next week

  • bug 767980 – Tab drawer animation should be smoother

  • bug 786638 – Implement testing infrastructure for reader mode
  • bug 772940 – Swipe to close animation janky

Blockers

  • bug 792259 – Using TextureView in LayerView regresses panning performance

Margaret

Done:

  • Find in page bar

    • Tapping find in page bar switches/closes tabs – bug 790897

    • Dismiss VKB when tapping next/previous – bug 772449
  • Top sites performance
    • Setting up search engines creates an extra top sites filter query – bug 789947

    • Multiple unnecessary AboutHomeRunnables – bug 789887
    • Experimenting with changing the query – bug 785945
  • Helping out with mentor bugs
    • I’d like to brainstorm ways to organize more interesting/important tasks for contributors

Next:

  • Continue working on top sites perf

Scott (jwir3)

Last Week:

  • bug 710298: Add option for reflow-on-zoom (prototype, preffed off) [IN REVIEW: mfinkle]

  • bug 784375: Add ability to specify a max ratio for font inflation [IN REVIEW: dbaron]
  • bug 784887: Add a message passing interface from JS<->Java for pinch-to-zoom [IN REVIEW: mbrubeck]

This Week:

  • Hopefully getting the above patches landed.

  • Some small outstanding font inflation bugs.

BLassey

Last week and this week

Blockers

  • unable to reproduce CM crashes

MFinkle

Done:

  • Added more custom views to the layout inflater (bug 793083)

  • Hide the WebApps promo in Beta and Release (bug 787188)
  • Planning, Triage and Reviews

Next:

  • Cache the DPI in nsWindow so we can stop making so many AndroidBridge::GetDPI JNI calls

  • Will be in SF/MV next week

Madhava

  • expressing opinions (solicited and un-)

Ian Barlow

In Progress

UX Bonus Bugs

General

  • bug 792407 Colour difference between title bar and in content UI background

  • bug 715258 Favicons are low quality for internal / local pages
  • bug 716051 Favicons are low quality for Mozilla-owned web properties

Title bar

  • bug 784362 Fix forward button bg alignment (tablets)

About:home

  • bug 787765 Update about:home thumbnails (thanks Wes!)

Menu

  • bug 784395 Make “Request desktop site” clearer / update checkboxes

  • bug 784366 Menu opens in the wrong direction

Tabs

Reader

  • bug 792420 Toolbar menu shouldn’t allow its text to be selected

Round Table

SUMO

Release
Firefox Ratings on Google Play:

5 star -> 53,473

4 star -> 19,788

3 star -> 13,190

2 star -> 8,722

1 star -> 13,627

Overall rating: 3.83

108,800 Total Reviews

Trending Topics:

  • Crashing on Galaxy S Devices (May be bug 786000)

  • Wanting to either change the Home Page, or remove Top Sites (bug 783312)
  • Bookmarks seem hard to access (Example)

Beta
Google Play

Firefox Beta Ratings on Google Play:

5 star -> 9715

4 star -> 3896

3 star -> 1896

2 star -> 980

1 star -> 1703

Overall rating: 4.04

Total Reviews 18,190

More Details coming, check the wiki later today.

Please feel free to provide me feedback on the new reporting format as we continue to iterate over the next few weeks.

QA

Socorro/Breakpad/Stability

Hightlights:

Socorro bugs

Skiplist

Breakpad Integration bugs

Please see Platform Meeting Notes for Stability report


Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 99998
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 99998

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99998
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99998
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Mobile Vidyo Room

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Planning: 2012-09-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Actions from Last Week

  • Matt/Cheng to collate PDF.js feedback: [1]

  • Gavin to update on the state of 3rd party add on drops
  • John J to establish Mozilla Preferred spelling of crapton[ne]
    • In order to properly assess this issue, it is important to understand the relevant etymology:

      • “Crapton[ne]” is, obviously, a portmanteau of two words. “Crap” has its origins from the mid-15th century, when crappe was “grain that was trodden underfoot in a barn, chaff”. “Ton”, or in French “tonne”, has its origins in “tun”, a large cask, coming from the old Germanic and Celtic languages of Northern Europe, potentially as far back as the 9th century.

      • It appears that while “ton” has a much older history, “tonne”, now often used to refer to a metric ton of 1000kg, is in better keeping with Mozilla’s spirit of internationalization and standardization. It is therefore suggested that, for Mozillians, the correct spelling is “craptonne”.
  • John J to run next week’s meeting

Schedule & Progress onUpcoming Releases

Firefox Desktop

Release (15, 10esr)

  • ESR10.0.8 will be released on 10/9

Beta (16)

  • Beta 5 is being built, will be shipped before the end of the week

    • Includes all the Win8 fixes we’re planning to take for FF16
  • Beta 6 (minimal change) will be going to build on Monday, with a short turnaround on pushing out
  • Sign-offs will be held next Wednesday morning PT

Aurora (17)

  • CTP blocklisting (and testing) is hopefully coming this week

  • Social API uplift incoming as well

Firefox Mobile

Beta (16)

  • Still chasing down a couple of high volume crashes related to CyanogenMod for Beta 6

  • Final decision on whether or not we’re shipping ARMv6 will be based upon feedback volume and unit testing after bug 793740 lands

Services

Firefox Sync

  • Planning continuing for the next generation of Sync (branding TBD)

    • Will use Firefox Account for auth

    • Plan to be published by EOW

Android Snippets

  • Spec mostly done

  • mconnor on point to get through privacy/security reviews
  • exact release vehicle TBD

Add-on SDK

Release (1.10 -> Firefox 16, 17)

Stabilization (1.11 -> Firefox 17, 18)

Development (1.12 -> Firefox 18, 19)

Landing progress:

  • loader: ✓

  • m-c landing plan – under review, will report at length next week.

Re-pack progress:

  • re-pack emails sent out to 400+ developers

  • roughly ~10% feedback rate, no serous problems reported
  • Jorge is looking at generating a report for exact numbers

Feedback Summary

Desktop

Things have stabilized for 15.0.1:

  • Still seeing reports of slowness and perf issues. Looking back historically though, it seems we are close to where we were towards the start of the year. [2]

  • We see a general increase in reports of Google sites performing poorly
  • We saw another spike in Babylon related issues over the last week.[3]

Mobile

Release:

15.0.1 is fairly stable. We are tracking a few crashes that affect both Release and Beta (Mainly Nexus 7, Bug 792473.

Please read the Mobile Meeting notes from this morning for more detail.

User Experience (design & research)

  • [desktop]

    • Simple web notifications bug 782211 – opt-in doorhanger and fallback notifications (i.e. when no OS system like on Android or MacOS Notification Center): http://shorlander.dropmark.com/80842 (Shorlander)

    • [Australis] Customization – Final design summary spec being assembled (Zhenshuo, Blake)
    • [dev tools] (Brian Dils)
    • [Social API] (Boriss)
    • [hometab/newtab] (Boriss)
      • Integrating feedback from several sources (see ideas from Shorlander, Ian) into one design described in one document. Updates on wiki

      • Direction of adjusting to devices & user interaction while being consistent enough for muscle memory formation very much the shared goal (eg, slide right for more categories)
      • Kickoff with everyone who’s worked on some aspect of this, mobile and desktop, as well as research late last week
  • [sync/identity]

    • draft proposal covering all the cases (new user; existing Sync user; existing Persona ID user) for Firefox sign-in / sync setup on desktop and mobile Draft document (pdf) (zhenshuo + ibarlow)

    • User-reserach completed their project understanding how people think about their identities both online and in the real world. Final report in preparation. (Mary, Lindsay)
  • [project SPF (security/privacy)] (larissa)

    • Real v1 draft of Designing Usable Security in Firefox report — please read!

      • finishing this work and brainstorming phase 2 of Project SPF
    • looking into bringing our Mixed Content designs to Android Firefox
  • [webRTC] (Boriss)

    • Sketching ideas for the need for cohesive, consistent notifications across devices, main question what kind of priority Firefox gives presence (communication) versus flow (present task focus)
  • [Behavioral Segmentation Study] (Lindsay, Bill, Leo)

    • Detailed planning started. The goal is to define and elaborate distinct user groups for Firefox based on a diary study, contextual inquiry and quantitative surveys and analysis. Once established, user groups will be publicly available and employed to make decisions about features and user experience design decisions when resources for a user research study are not available or are unnecessary.

    • As part of this planning, Leo is starting a quantitative study to identify Firefox user behaviors. Specifically, the project will
      • Establish a typology of Firefox Users based on Test Pilot data including survey (attitudes) and behaviors

      • Identify bias in Test Pilot users as compared to general population, i.e. Metrics report
      • Provide quantitative insight to inform qualitative behavioral segmentation study; would help to identify which groups to recruit from and what questions to ask
  • [other/future]

    • working on a draft of a system of UX metrics and success criteria (Madhava, Cori)

    • in the related-to-Firefox-design dept: Design principles behind FirefoxOS blog post here (Patryk)

Market Insights

Desktop / Platform

  • A group of web developers, led by Google, released RoboHornet, a new “benchmark designed around performance pain points real web developers care about”. Microsoft and Mozilla have largely described the suite as a collection of micro-tests inappropriate for overall benchmarking.

Marketing, Press & Public Reaction

Marketing

  • No marketing updates this week

Press

Happy Birthday, Firefox: The Little Web Browser That Could Turns 10

Need to tune up your browser? Firefox Health Report can help

Firefox Health Report Gives Your Browser a Check-Up

Firefox 18 to be delayed by a week

Actions this week


Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)

  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
  • Vidyo Guest URL

25-September-2012

Thunderbird: 2012-09-25

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> jhopkins

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to abourcier@mozilla.com that she can send them a shirt!

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Instant Messaging

I uploaded on AMO an add-on providing support for more chat networks (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, …). It’s waiting for review, and the review may take a while as the add-on contains a binary component.

Modern Address Book

Google Summer of Code Projects

App Tabs for Thunderbird
Improving GMail Integration
Get ISPDB into Production
‘No reply’ reminder for Thunderbird

Schedule and Progress

Beta Version
  • New beta this week.

Extension of the week

  • Gecko Profiler , finding thunderbird slow ? use this extension to submit what’s wrong with it and we’ll probably investigate.

QA Updates

  • Working on analyzing the results of the test week.

  • 88% Test coverage last week. Thank everyone who participated.

Web Update

  • Have a fix for no-earlybird-download-page issue

  • Updated Start Page
  • working on mozilla.org transition/layout stuff

Support & Documentation

  1. TB Support Community Meeting September 22, 2012 Minutes – Tentative next meeting is Saturday October 13, 5a.m. Pacific

  2. Please add any issues to the Thunderbird 15.0 Support issues page using the tagging convention from the TB15 Support Day Etherpad. Use the following tags and any other relevant Get Satisfaction tags as appropriate: tb15, tb15upgrade, tb15ubuntuone, tb15im,tb15twitter, tb15irc, tb15gtalk, tb15xmpp, tb15compactloss
  3. 1234 new support topics (1382 one week ago ) – Media:17-23September2012-GS-TB-stats-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Attendees


Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Mozilla Platform: 2012-09-25

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Notices / Schedule

  • FF16 Beta 5 is going to build today!

    • Any approved & unlanded fixes need to go in ASAP

    • We’ll be approving this morning, please land ASAP
    • ASAP
  • Code freeze is this Friday, 9/28. Please take a look at your tracked bugs and let us know current status.
  • FF16 Beta 6 (our final) will go to build on Monday, 8/1
  • Release Day is 8/9

Firefox OS

  • Everyone’s focused on finishing feature work by 9/28, and identifying any remaining feature work so that it can be evaluated by drivers.

  • Feature work on platform side that is known slipping are Payments+Identity, and various other smaller pieces within the platform.
  • Post 9/28 plan being hammered out this week. Expect awesomeness of lockdown – blockers only and driver approvals for non-blocking bugs, etc.
  • Blocker dashboard: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
  • All platform Basecamp blockers: http://j.mp/SPWjG2

Firefox Development

  • Marco Bonardo refactored about:home to avoid startup issues and lead the way to removing its use of localStorage (bug 615785, bug 749477)

  • Bellindira Castillo landed initial telemetry probes for tab switching speed: bug 753127
  • Jared Wein landed perf improvements to the URL bar styling code (bug 781588). See also his blog post about the snappy work week
  • Mark Hammond, Jared Wein, Felipe Gomes and Shane Caraveo landed a whole bunch of social fixes
  • Matt N. did a great job writing hotfixes to warn 10.5 users and fix update bustage in Firefox 15 (bug 774509, bug 790096)
  • Brian Bondy is hard at work getting Firefox ready for the Windows 8 release (Firefox 16 is the target there)
  • Tim Taubert is making progress on landing new tab page preloading, which should help new tab responsiveness
  • Tim Taubert landed lightweight themes image cropping bug, which should help address some slow startups caused by those

Add-on SDK

  • Shipped 1.10 last week, Wes wrote a great blog post about it

  • Going to introduce a 1 week delay into our release cycle to sync with Firefox
  • More blog posts about the new page-mod features coming in 1.11

Performance

  • Tim fixed part of Persona slowness and improved start-up by ~10% (bug 650968)

  • Jeff improved final layers paint by 25x without hardware accelerated on Aero glass ({bug|788794})

Layout

  • bugs of interest

    • support lengths again in matrix() for -moz-transform only (not transform) bug 774169

    • nsIFrame::List (debug-only method) now has optional subdocument traversal (bug 788202)
    • Make Azure canvas’s drawWindow use Azure for content drawing when Azure-content is preffed on (bug 772726)
    • support for downloadable fonts in printing and print preview (bug 468568)

Media

  • WebRTC components are being reviewed and landing in m-c (thanks for reviews!)

    • We expect to land preffed-off via an about:config pref

DOM

  • Getting very close to having new bindings for a DOM element. (peterv, bz)

WebAPI

  • driving towards B2G feature freeze

  • working on support for tel:, sms:, and mailto: URI schemes
  • finalizing clearing of private data plumbing for B2G
  • most B2G app security model code landed or very close

Tree Management

  • Linux desktop builds (32 & 64-bit) now switched to centos6 builders. Many of these builds are now happening in AWS. Kudos to rail and jhopkins for getting this working!

    • Still fixing some minor fallout, including leak test hangs. Please file new bugs for problems and have them block bug 772446

    • Aiming to uplift these changes to 17 before beta1
  • Need help diagnosing mochitest failures on XP! https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/yK796OIY-y0

Security

Bugs needing info for security action

ID Summary Status Priority
744538 Security Review:Can’t transfer File objects with postMessage cross domain NEW
750428 SecReview: Support element.outerHTML property NEW
744962 Blocklist UX enhancements [Plug-ins] NEW
787480 SecReview: activation click from about:home or other local content NEW
748945 Review iframe auto-height feature (part of seemless iframes) NEW
748949 Review changes to Cache-Control: no-cache on https pages NEW
749235 Security Review of Enable HTTP pipelining by default NEW
749337 SecReview: Thunderbird should (semi-)automatically improve the security-related server configuration settings when it knows an improvement could be made NEW
749339 SecReview: Thunderbird auto-configuration database should be expanded & updated by regularly spidering every domain on the internet ( NEW
749341 SecReview: Teach FileSaver to take URIs as well NEW
749344 SecReview: WebUSB NEW
749363 SecReview: Preffing out CSS should be easier NEW
749364 SecReview: WebPrint (or WebIPP) NEW
749368 SecReview: Use a pref to determine whether we auto-launch downloaded files NEW
749379 SecReview: [WebAPI] Expose JS API for settings app permissions NEW
749625 SecReview: (camera) camera support for desktop NEW
780220 Vendor Sec Review: [Akamai] NEW
749378 SecReview: Network manager API NEW
744913 Add-On Tab API NEW
755950 SecReview: Provide a thumbnail service NEW
789296 [Security Review] Cloud-to-Device Messaging for Firefox for Android NEW P1
749372 SecReview: Relax same-origin XHR restrictions for privileged applications NEW P2
761810 SecReview: Simplify signing XPIs in Jetpack NEW P5
744926 Hang Detector and Reporter ASSIGNED
744948 Sign into the browser ASSIGNED
744938 DOMCryptAPI (a Crypto API in the DOM) ASSIGNED
744934 Speedy Session Restore ASSIGNED
750736 SecReview: (minotaur) [meta] Implement a script debugger ASSIGNED
749221 Security Review of Media Plugin API (MPAPI) ASSIGNED
749355 SecReview: WebContacts (or Contacts+) ASSIGNED P2

Stability Report

Socorro

  • Some HBase problems (bad region) caused issues with data available on the website on Monday, this is fixed now.

Desktop

Flash

15.0.1

  • Crashes per ADU is still under 2% with over 90 million ADUs.

Trunk

  • bug 793175 Firefox 18 spike in crashes @ gfxContext::PushClipsToDT while hovering over tab preview in Task Bar

  • bug 793416 crash in gfxXlibNativeRenderer::Draw
  • bug 792698 IonMonkey: crash in js::Vector<unsigned char, 32, js::SystemAllocPolicy>::growStorageBy

Beta

  • New bugs

    • bug 793475 crash in BeginMarkPhase @ zzz_AsmCodeRange_Begin

    • bug 794146 Firefox startup crash in nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::StoreToFile
  • Top crashes showing up in Explosive Report
    • bug 792903 crash in DrawingContext::CreateLinearGradientBrush mainly with Location Bar Enhancer

    • bug 793370 crash in nsWebShellWindow::Initialize

Mobile

Nightly :

Beta:

  • Need to wait for ADU/Crashes to be more stable. Looks good so far.

Release :

QA:

  • Down at the bottom of the report we are seeing over 200 crashes in the nightly that have sigkills with address locations for nightly

    • ex: 1 2 ; see : starting from 87 down in the nightly report

    • Need to figure out how to make this actionable; maybe get a stack trace through minidump?
  • bug 752828 looking at the patch from bug 741224, it might be helpful to get the API levels for the crashers?
    • Need STR from QA.

Monitoring:

  • bug 745512 #6 on release, not shown in beta and above.

  • bug 750217 to be monitored for next beta release.

See Mobile Notes for Mobile specific Socorro notes

B2G

  • Sending crash reports from devices should work in theory, but doesn’t in practice, need to investigate. Noted in bug 773892 for now.

  • Had a meeting on the crash reporting story in terms of UI and privacy on Friday, work now happening on what the UI should look like, implementation work needed. https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/issues/4149

Roundtable


Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesday 2012-09-2511:00 am Pacific

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel

24-September-2012

Mozilla Project: 2012-09-24

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

All-hands Status Meeting Agenda

Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.

Friends of the Tree

Upcoming Events

Monday, 24 September

Privacy Friends Meeting, 1pm PST, SF Bay Bridge Room (3rd floor and dial-in) and MV Peanut Butter Jelly

Wednesday, 26 September

New WebFWD Class to be announced at http://blog.webfwd.org

Thursday, 27 September

SUMO Day this Thursday!

Product Status Updates (voice updates)

Mozilla Festival

Speaker Location: OpenMatt in Toronto

Join us for the 2012 Mozilla Festival: Making, Freedom and the Web

  • Nov 9 – 11, London, UK

  • 800 developers + designers + educators + youth + journalists + you…
  • …getting together for three days of design challenges, learning labs and fireside chats…
  • …to make amazing things that can change the world.

Sound like fun? Register here now.
Or if you’re Mozilla staff and would like to attend:

  • Get approval from your managers to cover travel & accommodation

  • Sign up here when you know you’re coming
  • Let us know how you’d like to plug in (run a session, volunteer, etc)
  • We’re especially looking for: UX designers, Javascript developers, and Firefox OS / mobile hackers

Firefox OS

Speaker Location: Dietrich

  • Lots of finishing moves as we close down the last feature work: FM Radio works, Music can play multiple songs in a row and shuffle and play all, SIM PIN support, can set wallpaper from Homescreen and settings, using default wallpapers or gallery, Email forwarding and reply-all support, default bookmarks available.

  • Follow along via this sheet which tracks the progress of the built-in apps, the Basecamp blocker dashboard, the @hackb2g twitter account which tweets Gaia commits, and the B2G Desktop builds.
  • A list of dogfooding tips. Think about which smartphone features you’re relying on for daily-use, and list them at the bottom!

Grow Mozilla

Speaker Location: San Francisco

If you attended MozCamp Europe, please fill out the survey to help us improve future MozCamps. All survey responses are due by October 5th

The call for participation for MozCamp Asia (November 17-18th in Singapore) will be sent out later this week. Please send any questions to mozcamp@mozilla.com

Speakers

Title Presenter Topic Media More Details
Persona Beta Launch Ben Adida Persona Beta is launching this week! What have we built, why, and what to expect next. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iZRdpFvGKBj0_p5yDz5iyNddJ0PVRtNTPGSuZbMqlQE/edit https://login.persona.org
All new SUMO Site Ibai on behalf of the SUMO Team SUMO launched a brand new site last week. We want to explain why and what we build it. https://support.mozilla.org https://blog.mozilla.org/sumo/2012/09/19/the-all-new-sumo/

Introducing New Hires

New Hire Introduced by Speaker location Will be working on
Selena Deckelmann Laura Thomson Mountain View Data Architect
Seth Fowler Daniel Holbert Mountain View Gecko / Layout
Dylan Oliver Faramarz Rashed Mountain View Engineering Manager
Gabriele Svelto Faramarz Rashed Mountain View Software Engineer, Boot to Gecko

<meta>

Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.

Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)

QA

WebQA

  • Affiliates

    • Facebook app v2 went out 9/20
  • AMO
  • Marketplace
  • Mozillians (automation)
    • resurrecting the suite to be used to help deploys
  • Mozilla.com
  • MDN
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • First UI release went out successfully last week!

Automation & Tools

Engagement

PR

Apps

Mountain View. The Firefox OS Marketplace needs your Apps. There’s never been a better time to Submit your app or encourage your app developer friends to build HTML5 web apps, especially in Spanish & Portuguese. Go to Firefox Marketplace

Want to see what the app will look like on the new phone? Check out r2d2b2g – an experimental add-on/app testing environment that installs a desktop build of b2g into your Firefox browser.

WebFWD

Our first graduated last week – view their accomplishments (and pix) at http://blog.webfwd.org/post/31738682930/our-first-class-brag-alert

Our next class starts October 1 – announcement coming on the WebFWD blog this Wednesday – meet our teams then!

Foundation Updates


  • Dial-in: conference# 8600

    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600

19-September-2012

Mobile: 2012-09-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Schedule

  • Next merge is 2012-10-08

Major Topics for This Week

Vidyo Room Change
Small administrivia. We have an explicit Vidyo room for Mobile now, called… “Mobile”. We’ll be switching to that room for next week’s meeting. Agenda will be updated with the new room and call-in number. We’ll post to newsgroups too.

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

  • This week

    • Fix some plugin crashers

    • Fix low-res plugin bug on Tegra (thanks to Cwiiis)
    • Hopefully finish up SurfaceTexture-backed WebGL
  • Next week

    • Dig into Project 256meg with kats

Kats

  • Sep 12 – Sep 19:

    • updated mozregression to work with fennec (https://github.com/mozilla/mozregression/pull/40) but probably needs more cleanup

    • bug 791264 – move ScreenshotHandler into its own file
    • bug 753312 – add a GeckoPrefsHelper for easier dealing with gecko preferences
    • first mentored patch (bug 769391) landed!
    • bug 791263 – (WIP) disable screenshotting on low memory
    • filed bug 792131 (alias=256meg) as a meta-bug for tracking all sorts of different memory-reducing ideas
    • blogged about some research papers
  • Next:

    • bug 713023 – Create a MemoryMonitor class to track memory states and do memory reduction

    • bug 792165 – Create some sort of benchmark/harness for measuring memory usage (similar tests to areweslimyet.com, and hopefully will get the data from benchmark also displayed on awsy)
    • readability: try another prototype with overflow:scroll or mini-lightbox-type thing

GBrown

  • Last week:

    • bug 767215 Intermittent testAxisLocking, testLoad, testFlingCorrectness, testOverscroll, testPanCorrectness

    • bug 770483 Intermittent Robocop testAboutPage | GeckoEventExpecter – blockForEvent timeout: Tab:Added
    • bug 770461 Intermittent Robocop | testHistoryTab | Context menu has New Tab option
  • Next:
    • Reftest failures on new tegras

    • A few more intermittent robocop failures
    • bug 792147 [ARMv6] Disable in-memory file cache

Chris Lord (cwiiis)

  • Done

    • Merge bug 785333 and bug 786672 into Aurora

    • bug 786502 – Static background on Bungie.net appears to scroll away with the content
    • bug 788202 – When listing a frame tree, subdocument frames are not entered
  • Now/next

    • Help with BenWa’s progressive tile drawing work

    • bug 792415 – Covered areas of fixed position elements are not rendered
    • Blog about invalidation work
  • Back-burner/blocked

    • Invalidation bugs (waiting on DLBI)

    • bug 783914 – WEBGL_depth_texture doesn’t work using ANGLE (low priority)
    • bug 785069 – tcheckerboard2 has regressed substantially since Jul 22nd (blocked on regression range)
    • bug 786412 – Consolidate ContainerLayer functions (waiting on nrc’s shadow layers work)

Chris Peterson

  • Done

    • Fixed bug 786312, bug 769894, and bug 790180 and uplifted to Beta 16 – CalledFromWrongThreadException: Only the original thread that created a view hierarchy can touch its views.

    • bug 785536 and uplifted to Aurora 17 – Add “media.stagefright.omxcodec.flags” pref to force software or hardware decoding
    • Fix in review bug 784329 – Galaxy Nexus hardware decoder video is blank. Need OMX_TI_COLOR_FormatYUV420PackedSemiPlanar color conversion.
    • Fix in review bug 785340 – crash in OmxDecoder::ReadAudio
  • Next

    • bug 785275 – Galaxy S III hardware decoder shows green bars when playing non-720p videos (OMX_COLOR_FormatYUV420SemiPlanar)

    • bug 786893 – Stagefright video playback does not disable Android display sleep
    • bug 747629 – java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: getChars (a … b) ends beyond length c
    • bug 669361 – ASUS Transformer’s hardware keyboard layout is always en-US

GCP

  • Last week:

    • I fought with Vidyo on Linux. (Vidyo won)

    • bug 741808 Finish enabling URL classification in SafeBrowsing.js component
    • bug 791301 Generic fallocate code is broken for files smaller than system block size
  • Next week:
    • bug 727370 Bad(?) files in safebrowsing folder in user profile prevent loading any site after installing update

    • bug 792339 OUT_OF_MEMORY_KILLED telemetry breakdown
    • bug 792065 Uninitialised value use in nsIdleServiceDaily::DailyCallback
    • Bugfixing (e.g Bug 778935)
  • Blockers:
    • Feedback from Telemetry database

Brian N

  • Done

    • Bug 791051 – Session restore won’t fail if there are no tabs in JSON

    • Tried animations for Bug 769145 – Add an opt-in for the search suggestions feature
      • Difficult due to Android limitations
    • Back to Bug 582244 – Implement Private Browsing
  • Next
    • Per-tab private browsing implementation

Sriram

WesJ

‘Last week’

  • Bug 785496 – Marketplace app installs 4 shortcuts on dekstop

  • Bug 780759 – Splashscreens for webapps
  • Bug 791831 – Move click haptic feedback into platform
  • Bug 788073 – Use platform touch redirection
  • Bug 783921 – Application shortcuts wrongly scaled? (DPI)
  • Bug 787271 – Expose some JNI to js through js-ctypes
  • Bug 708048 – context menus sometimes do not show link location
  • Digging through ringmark – Bug 783301

‘Landed for raphc’

  • Bug 730330 – input type=’date/time’ should use the system date/time picker

‘This week’

  • Bug 789041 – Expose some more JNI to JS

  • Bug 787765 – Retheme about:home thumbnails

MBrubeck

  • Metro stuff

Scott (jwir3)

Last Week:

  • Developed a demo video for reflow-on-zoom. It’s available at: refloz.ogv (Also, there’s an apk build at the same location: refloz.apk – It also has the maxRatio preference available, too. If you choose to try it out, keep in mind it’s still pretty rough.)

  • Worked on bug 784375: Add ability to specify a maximum font inflation ratio. It’s in review, but I’m trying to get it to reflow when prefs change.
  • Isolated behavior for -webkit-text-size-adjust: percentage%. It appears to simply increase the specified font size. Still performing a few more tests before adding it to the spec-in-progress for this feature.

This Week:

  • Still working to fix quirks in reflow-on-zoom prototype.

  • Assisting mbrubeck in debugging issues with bug 716575 where patch 3 of the series is crashing talos (on apparently an NS_SUCCEEDED(xxx) operation?!?!) We’re not entirely sure how to reproduce- it seems to only happen in Talos tests (mochitests and reftests pass just fine…) I’m going to try and see if I can get talos running on my phone to see if I can shed some light on this problem. We don’t have any information from logs, because when it crashes on talos, we don’t even get a browser_output.txt file. :|
  • bug 790645: Font inflation enlarges text when reloading content in form inputs after zooming

BLassey

Last week

  • in Warsaw for performance work week

  • bug 727352 – get rid of JSON usage in viewport updates
  • bug 785291 – add support for in-product fonts, reading from extracted res/fonts
  • bug 790614 – report broken mobile site feature, a little controversial

This week

Blockers

  • unable to reproduce CM crashes

MFinkle

Done:

  • Minor patch to clean up aboutHome.xhtml a little

  • Filed bug to set aboutHome favicon in Java and remove it from aboutHome.xhtml (bug 792240)
  • Filed bug to use ABI in multiple-APK filtering (bug 791267)
  • Digging into how to support Google Campaign Tracking
  • Some Metro planning work

Next:

  • More reviews

  • More product planning work
  • Maybe a patch or two?
  • Trip to MV/SF first week of October

Ian Barlow

Last week

  • Working with Karen and Madhava on product roadmap

In Progress

New Section: UX Bonus Bugs

General

  • bug 792407 Colour difference between title bar and in content UI background

  • bug 715258 Favicons are low quality for internal / local pages
  • bug 716051 Favicons are low quality for Mozilla-owned web properties

Title bar

  • bug 784362 Fix forward button bg alignment (tablets)

About:home

  • bug 787765 Update about:home thumbnails (thanks Wes!)

Menu

  • bug 784395 Make “Request desktop site” clearer / update checkboxes

  • bug 784366 Menu opens in the wrong direction

Tabs

Reader

  • bug 792420 Toolbar menu shouldn’t allow its text to be selected

Round Table

QA

  • CM, affected across all channels

  • Concerned bugs from 16 Beta 3 testing:
    • bug 771774 crash with eglMakeCurrent failed (EGL error 3000) and abort message: “OpenGL-accelerated layers are a hard requirement on this platform [...]” on Vivante GPUs (e.g. in Rockchip rk29board and in imapx200 chipsets)

    • bug 778175 Startup crash on devices incompatible with OpenGL ES 2.0 (e.g. HTC Wildfire)
  • Added a few more Armv6 devices to QA inventory. See Armv6 test results page
  • Testday next friday, 9/28
  • Beta 4 testing this week
  • Compiling Fx17 features
  • Driving down regressionwindowwanted and similar bugs
  • creating a matrix of graphics chipsets and roms to test for h264 decoding

Socorro/Breakpad/Stability

Hightlights:

Socorro bugs

Skiplist

Breakpad Integration bugs

Please see Platform Meeting Notes for Stability report

SUMO

Firefox 15.0.1

5 star 52049 (+2086, 64% of Growth)

4 star 19407 (+563, 17% of Growth)

3 star 13032 (+270, 8% of Growth)

2 star 8627 (+114, 4% of Growth )

1 star 13481 (+222, 7% of Growth)

Average rating: 3.82 (+.01)

Average Rating of this Week’s Reviews: 4.28 (-.02)

106596 Total Reviews (+3255)

Firefox 16.0 Beta
Please read the New and Improved Report Here. This allows you to view past information, track trends, etc. We have also started to track Input for Negative trends. We are still expanding this report and thank you for all your feedback so far! Any other feedback please shoot Tyler an Email. Expect this to grow and refine for the next couple of weeks as we improve our reporting tools before Firefox 16 is released.

Some Upcoming Plans are:

  • Better Tagging for Input

  • Graph of Input tags allowing us to track trends
  • SUMO Reported Bugs per release
  • Positive Input
  • And your Feedback!

ARMv6
So far we have 3 ARMv6 devices on Input that users are telling us have problems:

  • LGL45C: Crashes

  • LG-VM701: Slow to Load
  • LGL55C: Video Playback is slow

Nexus 7
The big crashing Device on Input is the Nexus 7, do we have a bug on file for this device crashing alot?


Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Planning: 2012-09-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Actions from Last Week

2 carry-overs from this week

  • Matt/Cheng to collate PDF.js feedback

  • Gavin to update on the state of 3rd party add on drops

Schedule & Progress onUpcoming Releases

Firefox Desktop

Release (15, 10esr)

  • Blog post for extended FF18 release cycle around holidays going out in the next week

Beta (16)

  • Beta 4 went to build today, will be released before the end of the week.

  • We’re only 3 weeks away from release day
  • Add-on hotfix communicating the 10.5 EOL will be going out in the next week along with a blog post

Aurora (17)

  • CTP blocklisting is expected to be uplifted this week

  • Reminder: FF17 is the base for the next ESR version, with a 2 cycle overlap alongside ESR10

Firefox Mobile

Beta (16)

  • ARMv6 feedback continues to be collected from Google Play reviews and Input, in preparation for a possible release alongside FF16

Aurora (17)

  • Uplift of new, simpler updater should be in today’s build

Nightly (18)

  • Landed <input type=”date|time”> support

  • Landed new menu structure
  • Great new designs for upcoming features
  • Project 256MB started to find ways to reduce the amount of memory used by Fennec

Services

Firefox Sync

  • Kicked off weekly meeting to drive towards the next generation of Sync, using BrowserID tech for user auth.

  • We are working towards a draft plan for next Tuesday, and plan to broadcast this widely by the end of next week.

Android Snippets

  • New project to increase engagement with our Android users, including inactive users

  • Should have a much more comprehensive update next week

Add-on SDK

Release (1.10 -> Firefox 16, 17)

Stabilization (1.11 -> Firefox 17, 18)

Development (1.12 -> Firefox 18, 19)

Landing progress:

  • loader: ✓

  • m-c landing plan – imminent, and a Q3 goal

Feedback Summary

Desktop

New Version of Flash Landed Yesterday, we aren’t sure on how/if this changes the story for Firefox.

Mobile

Release
Again, everything this week has been fairly quiet in SUMO land on the Mobile Side. 15.0.1 is performing well, reviews are trending up.

Beta
We have started to gather Feedback from Input for Firefox Mobile Beta, already using it to look at trends. Read the Mobile Meeting notes for more.

The largest Issue for Firefox Beta is a crash on Nexus 7 which is by far the largest crash issue on Input. Bug 792473 is tracking this.

ARMv6 information on Input is limited, but we have the following devices and issues on Input:

  • LGL45C: Crashes

  • LG-VM701: Slow to Load
  • LGL55C: Video Playback is slow

Just as a note, Input does not have much positive feedback for Mobile Beta, that is now going to Google Play.

User Experience (design & research)

  • [desktop]

    • [Australis] (Zhenshuo, Blake, Stephen)

    • [Social API] (Boriss)
      • Still working on notifications of incoming messages (now using Toast), how networks can surface some of their brand while still feeling “Firefoxy”

      • Still some visual/polish glitches – you may see window flickers and slow loading in nightlies, tracking in bugs
      • Working on button behavior for hover, select, click on different networks (with different icons)
    • [hometab/newtab/startpage] (Boriss)
    • [stub installer] (Madhava, Stephen)
      • Final wordsmithing for two error cases
    • [sync/identity] (zhenshuo)
      • Desktop sync flow proposal (just updating existing flow) by later this week

      • See Android section for mobile-specific sync update
    • [project SPF (security/privacy)] (larissa)
      • WIP Usable Security Insights – draft: Starter Frameworks and Principles v3 DRAFT.pdf

      • working through the final report – should have a final draft later this week
      • Mixed Content: Back-end is landing this week; ready to start with some visual design this week
    • [webRTC] (Boriss)
      • Added permission dialog for multiple webcam/microphone access to the design spec, this week adding notifications per tab
    • [misc] Web notification UI mockups here (Stephen)
  • [metro] (yuan)

    • Tab overflow for thumbnail view(Updated with feedback from engineering) – v3.solutions for preview

    • Supporting UI Implementations
    • Writing up a blog post for public preview with Brian Bondy and the same time consolidating design docs into a Q3 Update
  • [other/future]

    • Updated proposal on inventing creative space, with examples and resources. proposal [PDF] has been sent out to WPR team. (Yuan)

Market Insights

Desktop/Platform

Accessibility

  • An independent review found that Firefox on Windows has the best overall HTML5 accessibility features among all major browsers. Firefox scored 86/100 with other browsers scoring either 18, 40, or 45.

Amazon

Browsers

Google

Microsoft

Opera

Privacy

Security

Mobile

Summary below, full update here and in your inbox.

  • New iPhone launch will maintain Apple at ~20% shipment marketshare for 2012

  • Amazon continues tablet strategy with new Kindle Fire releases
  • Foxconn, Samsung to build factories in Brazil, Indonesia
  • Chrome accounts for 2.7% of iOS Web traffic
  • First Motorola Intel-based smartphone announced for Europe and Latin America
  • Android reached 500 million activations

Marketing, Press & Public Reaction

Marketing

Meeting conflict; here’s an update:

  • In the middle of planning release communications: Main themes for Firefox 16: Dev tools, Silent updates now here. Firefox 17 Beta: Social API

  • Main focus continues to be on ADI growth and the features and projects that will help that: Stub Installer, a new batch of download optimization projects and more

Mobile

  • We’ve reached 1 Million ADIs and 6 million active installs last week!

  • Main theme for FX16 & FX17 will be Reader Mode & Accessibility
  • In the Google Play Store Communication category, Firefox increased from #27 to #12 in the last 30 days (we have higher placement than all other browsers except for Chrome)
  • Review Solicitation is proving to be a valuable tool: the number of issues reported at input.mozilla.org have increased 3-4x, providing a level of feedback we have never had
  • Current Campaigns:
    • about:home snippet is still live

    • one-off email about tablets went out yesterday
    • We’re running twitter & fb advertisements
    • Met with 5 mobile advertising agencies last week

Press

update: Currently working on materials for 10/9 release cycle.

Google Chrome Finally Jumps on the ‘Do Not Track’ Bandwagon

Google Chrome To Get ‘Do Not Track

When the Privacy Button Is Already Pressed

German government tells public to stop using Internet Explorer

Questions, Comments, FYI

  • Running next week’s meeting (heh.)

Actions this week

  • Matt/Cheng to collate PDF.js feedback

  • Gavin to update on the state of 3rd party add on drops
  • John J to establish Mozilla Preferred spelling of crapton[ne]
  • John J to run next week’s meeting

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)

  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
  • Vidyo Guest URL

18-September-2012

SeaMonkey: 2012-09-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty

  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
    • TBD

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

  • TBD

OPEN

  • IanN to arrange with Jeff to send a tee-shirt or something to Serge (FotFT).

    • Serge will look at the SeaMonkey Shop and let IanN know what he wants before the next meeting.

CLOSED

  • TBD

Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree

  • All our machines are now all out of SJC1 are are now at SCL3 or SCL1

    • The R4 Macs are plugged-in, connected and base-imaged. Waiting on Callek to complete the setup.

    • The remaining machines on Parallels are the buildmaster (cb-seamonkey-linuxmaster-01) and Linux64 (cb-seamonkey-linux64-01). These need to be migrated to ESX. Specifically:
      • sea-vm-linux64-1 will most likely replace cb-seamonkey-linux64-01.

      • sea-master1 will replace the current buildmaster.
    • bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed. sea-puppet is online. Callek to set the host up as a puppet master.
      • bug 783258 VLAN assignment for seamonkey HP’s. SeaMonkey machines are on the community VLAN. [fixed]
  • Build on MSVC2010 (ewong and Callek).
    • Trunk builds and all branches except release are now MSVC2010.
  • Build SeaMonkey using clang bug 775539. In progress (stalled on the possibility that we’ll need to upgrade our OSX boxes to XCode 4.1… waiting for confirmation.)
    • bug 776426 Set up ccache on all MacOSX systems. CCCACHE is installed on the MacOSX systems. Buildbot config changes to enable ccache usage have been checked in.

    • bug 791442 Mac trunk build with clang and XCode 4.1 failing. Callek is investigating, getting closer.
  • L10n Update: (2012-08-07):
    • L10n buildbots are building again on all three platforms for be, de, en-GB, es-AR, gl, hu, it, lt, nl, ru, sk, uk, zh-CN and zh-TW.

    • There were no issues with beta 1 [Confirmed].

Release Train

  • 2.13b2 shipped September 7

  • 2.12.1 shipped September 10
  • 2.13b3 shipped September 14

Extensions Compatibility Tracking

  • See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.

  • Addon Compatibility Listings
    • Nothing to highlight.
  • We’ve had reports of some extensions shipped by default (among them CZ) not being compatible with SM 2.12. InvisibleSmiley guesses we missed to version bump them so people with compatible-by-default pref’ed off run into issues now.
    • Potentially added to Release Train notes to bump the versions on the extensions we ship as standard?
  • Our build team (Serge, Callek, ewong) needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
    • sgautherie thinks that the current DOMi branches/tags are not suitable for automatic SeaMonkey branch selection.

    • Need some traction on this. IanN spoke to Serge at MozCampEU. Serge is waiting for Callek/ewong to agree what needs to happen and to say what is workable or not.

2.x (Last, Current, Next)

  • 2.12 had ~70,900 ADU by last Tuesday and 2.12.1 ~33,000 downloads so far.

    • Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 11.3% on 2.0, 3.4% on 2.1-2.3, 4.3% on 2.4-2.6, 1.9% on 2.7, 2.2% on 2.8, 3.7% on 2.9, 3.4% on 2.10, 16.0% on 2.11 and 53.8% on 2.12. So, in the last four weeks, ~0.6k (an additional 0.5% of ADU) have migrated to 2.7 or above.

    • ADUs continue increasing after the summer dip (up from ~126k and now at ~132k). Still not back up to June levels yet (~144k).
    • Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.). This even more applies to 2.10 which dropped support for Win2k and WinXP without SP2.
    • We now have a webpage for latest builds available for “Legacy Platforms” like PPC (bug 759315) but hikerbiker suggests making the Legacy/PPC link more discoverable (Mozillazine post). IanN agrees that the current link is not easily found. InvisibleSmiley said that he didn’t want it to be too obvious or highlighted. IanN thinks splitting and renaming Old to Previous isn’t a bad idea and moving Unofficial Releases after it. Perhaps merging Contributed builds into it.
      • This is now bug 788543 SeaMonkey – PPC Legacy links are not easy to find.

      • IanN to check with InvisibleSmiley what he wants to do about this.
  • See Basics page for the usual reminders.

2.12

open tracking (0)
tracking requests (7)
targeted (3)
fixed (11)

  • One tracked 2.5 issue still open.

    • 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14 and the ka l10n maintainers have not yet updated for changes in later SeaMonkey versions.

    • The plan was that Callek needs to morph bug 667147 into removing |ka| from our [current] automation entirely (all-locales), and will look at the best locale to transition any ka users to.
    • The ka owner came back with a bundle of l10n changes to get checked in. Callek to look into doing that, and try to identify if ka will be sustained going forward before completely abandoning. [Needs update from Callek]
  • SeaMonkey 2.12 Release Notes
  • Fixes in 2.12.1

2.Next

  • TBD

  • Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
    • Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don’t depend on Ratty noticing such landings.

    • bug 719320 Implement DOM3 wheel event. Tracked in:
      • bug 782143 The mousewheel preference pane is broken because the mousewheel preferences have all been changed in bug 719320 (Implement DOM3 wheel event) [FIXED].
    • bug 779680 about:neterror’s GoOnline() should be invoked from events, not nsDOMWindowUtils.
      • SM bug 782892 about:neterror no longer automatically disables Offline Mode, frontend should handle it [FIXED].
    • bug 733573 Expose a client TCP socket API to web applications.
      • SM bug 784922 Package TCPSocket.{js|manifest) to fix: TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/dom/network/tests/test_tcpsocket_enabled_no_perm.html | navigator.mozTCPSocket should be accessible if dom.mozTCPSocket.enabled is true [FIXED].
    • bug 784912 nsIStreamListener.onDataAvailable should handle 64-bit offset. Includes patches for comm-central: 4618a55d2445, 8ad14cba8288 [FIXED].
    • bug 776416 Remove exceptions to 5MB quota rule in localStorage. Tracked in:
      • SM bug 791232 Remove calls to clearOfflineApps() any remaining integration of localStorage with offline apps after bug 776416 [FIXED].
    • [REOPENED] bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
      • MailNews bug 791457 MailNews calls synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::Resolve which doesn’t exist any more since bug 769764 removed it.

      • MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
  • Thunderbird/MailNews:
    • Regression caused by bug 525238 Authentication method (plaintext/encrypted password, Kerberos/GSSAPI etc.) should be explicit, not just “Secure authentication”

      • Tracked in bug 787968 Replace nsIMsgIncomingServer.useSSL with nsMsgSocketType.SSL (missing from patch for bug 525238) [FIXED] and transplanted to all branches.
  • Lightning:
    • bug 789382 nsIScriptError methods init() & initWithWindowID() should take nsAString, rather than wchar / PRUnichar*. Tracked in:

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 37 new, 18 fixed, 11 triaged.

  • Rather low triaging effort.

Open reviews/flags:
28 review
8 super-review
1 ui-review
7 feedback

Good First Bugs

  • Note: The GFB list is open to all including our regular contributors.

  • Ratty is working on an updated GFB list, suggestions welcome.
  • Currently there are 27 GFBs open, 3 are being actively worked on.
  • List of Open mentored bugs.
    • Ratty notes that there are (55-27=) 28 bugs that are GFBs but without the mentor keyword. These need to be audited to see if they are really suitable as GFBs.
  • In the last two weeks since the previous meeting:
  • Neil suggests we could get some Services conversions going as GFBs.
    • bug 735333 (Use Services.prefs instead of preferences-service / gPrefService, in SeaMonkey code). Work on this has stalled. New assignee needed.
  • Mentors of the two stalled bugs should try to communicate with the assignees and if they can’t work on them any more to unassign/free up those bugs.

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Callek

Fixed:

Working on:

  • bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3 (:dustin and Callek).

Troubleshooting:

  • bug 791442 Mac trunk build with clang and XCode 4.1 failing.

Other activities:

  • Did some reviews and approvals.

  • Engaged in release engineering and SeaMonkey driver discussions.

ewong

  • Fixed:

    • bug 175175 – Add ID to Bookmark Menupopups

    • bug 788091 – Remove cn-sea-qm-centos5-01 from buildbot config.
    • bug 788391 – macosx 10.5 builders should not be using tooltool.
    • bug 790662 – tab bar grabs focus after switching active tab (c-i needed)
  • Review:

    • bug 633937 – Port bug 562048 to suite.

    • bug 715410 – Port |Bug 352037 – Undo Add To Dictionary| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 739056 – Port |Bug 715099 – Convert nsProfileMigrator to JS so we can use JS modules on migration| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 760942 – install python ‘ssl’ module on SeaMonkey Windows machines
    • bug 774991 – stop support OSX 10.5 in SeaMonkey
    • bug 785675 – Port |Bug 748490 – Provide common location for testing modules| to fix multiple perma-oranges.
    • bug 791238 – Clean up Output() function in nsSuiteApp.cpp on Windows (Use MultiByteToWideChar instead of NS_ConvertUTF8toUTF16)
  • Working On:

    • bug 574955 – Make webconsole work in SeaMonkey

    • bug 727488 – [cb-seamonkey-win32-0x, sea-win32-0x] Intermittent/permanent purple: “No such file or directory: ‘/e/builds/slave/test/minidumps'”
    • bug 755758 – Port |Bug 629620 – Copied bookmarks shouldn’t inherit all annotations, since they are new entitities| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 757693 – Debug > TBPL points to an invalid URL
    • bug 762264 – Help->About SeaMonkey page should link to about:rights and SeaMonkey privacy policy
    • bug 775539 – Build SeaMonkey using clang
    • bug 776426 – Set up ccache on all MacOSX systems
    • bug 768380 – sea-vm-linux64-1 need to set up for our builds.
    • bug 783600 – Sanitize the No Proxies Preference more (network.proxy.no_proxies_on).

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Participated in MozCamp Europe.
  • Fixed:
    • bug 783390 Switch to new drag and drop api in history

    • bug 789781 Switch to new drag and drop api in tabbrowser
    • bug 789678 Fix line endings in messenger.properties
  • Waiting for review:
  • Checked in pending review:
  • Fixing review comments before checkin:
    • bug 757230 When using add button for permissions in Data Manager set a displayHost
  • Reviewed and waiting for other patches before checkin:
  • Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
    • bug 689253 Add en-GB locale to Firefox for Android
  • Working on:
    • Various SM Council documents.

    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
    • bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
    • bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
    • bug 778534 Use image instead of html:img in instant messaging
    • File/Folder selection in windows.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.

    • Prefs-in-a-tab.
    • Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
    • Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.

InvisibleSmiley

mcsmurf

  • Helping with bug 433254 Implement Mac shell service for SeaMonkey.

  • Helped out with broken 2.12.1 in-app update (bug 790167)

Mnyromyr

  • Working on bug 127399 Allow sending emails with IDN based email addresses.

Neil

Fixed:

  • bug 782143 The mousewheel preference pane is broken because the mousewheel preferences have all been changed in bug 719320 (Implement DOM3 wheel event).

  • bug 782892 about:neterror no longer automatically disables Offline Mode, frontend should handle it.
  • bug 790737 Can’t build on a FAT partition [core::buildconfig].

In Progress:

  • bug 746166 Remove use of cmd_backgroundColor from comm-central.

  • bug 791457 MailNews calls synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::Resolve which doesn’t exist any more since bug 769764 removed it.

Ratty

Fixed:

  • bug 786613 Port |bug 782453 Add site-specific User Agent infrastructure|.

  • bug 791222 Do the event.target check for pageShowEventHandlers before setting a timeout.

Working on:

  • bug 785580 Lightning Calendar/Task icons don’t show up in the SeaMonkey All-Tabs popup menu.

  • bug 529418 Name of Default HTML Message Font not shown in Preferences.
  • bug 789954 TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/suite/browser/test/test_contextmenu.html | Test timed out. (Port Port bug 778420 Fix up tests that don’t like the new enablePrivilege).
  • bug 791226 navigator.js: Remove some dead code: initConsoleListener and friends.

Other:

  • Good first Bugs: See the Good First Bugs section above.

  • Tracked mozilla-central bugs that affect SeaMonkey.
  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.
  • End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.

stefanh

Working on:

  • bug 433254 Implement Mac shell service for SeaMonkey.

    • bug 791786 Adjust look/behavior of Set Desktop Background dialog.
  • bug 783822 [Mac default] adopt editBMPanel to new light coloring.

tonymec

  • ASSIGNED

    bug 789865 Port front-end parts from bug 440794 (Initial sendInBackground support) to SeaMonkey.

    Waiting on IanN’s review expected today :-)
  • QA: business as usual.
  • Fall Equinox Bug Event: reminder sent yesterday to mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey newsgroup and Members mailing list.

Any other business?

  • Bug Day:

    • Useful link: [1].

    • Tonymec confirmes that this is scheduled for the weekend before the fall equinox (Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd September). An announcement has been made (shortly after the next to last meeting).
    • A repeat announcement was sent yesterday to mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey & the Members List.
  • Geolocation
    • Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.

    • For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we’re not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.
    • No news to date. Callek will have to reach out to his MoCo legal contact again soonish.
  • Test failures
    • qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.

    • Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
    • tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
    • IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
    • Serge to do a write up and send it to Ratty to propagate to the community.
      • Ratty is ***still*** waiting for Serge.
  • MozCampEU2012
    • IanN and sgautherie were going.

    • Impressions?
    • There was some interesting stuff on RelEng, Debugging, QA, JS Optimisation, amongst others. KaiRo working on code stability. See the MozCamp Schedule for further details.

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Thunderbird: 2012-09-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> andreasn

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to abourcier@mozilla.com that she can send them a shirt!

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Instant Messaging
  • A patch has landed that aggregates logs in the log viewer into days as opposed to individual chat sessions. Should land for TB 17 soon.

  • We will have better error messages for XMPP and IRC connections failing because of an invalid (eg. self-signed) SSL certificate. This was causing lots of support requests.
Modern Address Book
  • Mike is working full-tilt on this add-on now.

  • Contacts can now be saved to the database.
  • Working on displaying contacts next, followed by searching.
  • Reminder: Milestone 1 is to import 500 fake contacts from the old TB address book into the new address book, and display them.
    • Hoping to hit this within the next week or so

    • Following this, I’m going to lay out a roadmap and specs for community involvement.
  • Reached a milestone of saving a contact in the database today!

Google Summer of Code Projects

App Tabs for Thunderbird
Improving GMail Integration
Get ISPDB into Production
‘No reply’ reminder for Thunderbird

Schedule and Progress

Beta Version

Beta 16 that will have background update enabled.

Extension of the week

  • Another FileLink Provider by the provider itself this time , Fileswap. Limited to 500mb without an account and 250 GB with an account.

QA Updates

  • Currently running a test week :

  • Summary of Thunderbird summit as been posted to Tb-planning
  • Been actively encouraging people to get on board with QA and asking for help.
    • Largely depends on what the subject of the testing is.

Marketing Updates

nothing to report

Build / Release Update

Mark says the tryserver e-mails are now sending out the correct links

Web Update

Documentation

nothing to report

Support

  1. Mozcamp EU 2012 Warsaw meeting notes about Thunderbird Support post TB17 – https://etherpad.mozilla.org/tb-support scroll down to: “MozCamp Europe 2012 in Warsaw – Support track notes”

  2. TB 15.0.1 support report – looked at all the topics on September 11th and 1/3 of the topics on Saturday and Sunday – no new major problems discovered other than:
    • Exchange 2007/2010 Calendar and Tasks Provider not working with Thunderbird 15 [GS], [bug report 132 – experimental version available in bug 132 – WORKAROUND – get it from github: “In branch e4xReplacement in the github repository (https://github.com/1stsetup/exchangecalendar) you can follow the progress.”
  3. Please add any issues to the Thunderbird 15.0 Support issues page using the tagging convention from the TB15 Support Day Etherpad. Use the following tags and any other relevant Get Satisfaction tags as appropriate: tb15, tb15upgrade, tb15ubuntuone, tb15im,tb15twitter, tb15irc, tb15gtalk, tb15xmpp, tb15compactloss
  4. 1382 new support topics (1120 three weeks ago ) – Media:10-16September2012-TB-GS-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
  5. Big thank-you and welcome to new contributors dale_edsen aka airmail 793 AND richard_helliwell!See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

nothing to report

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

There is plenty on discussion happening on tb-planning, https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/tb-planning
Every time there is a relevant support discussion, that should be cross-posted on tb-planning. Same for QA and testing.

  • How do we make the discussions on tb-planning into concrete actions and documentation on consensus?

  • If we need a mechanism, we can put that in place, but it’s good if we don’t have to do that.
  • If we are not able to get some consensus decisions, tb-staff can step up, but hopefully hopefully the community will be able to do that.
  • Rkent is concerned about the governance model
  • JB is open to suggestions on other models.
  • Rkent suggests a council similar to the Seamonkey council.
  • Ludo suggests rkent as a benevilant dictator
  • Rkent is concerned about monetisation of Thunderbird in the long run in order to allow people to make a living out of it.
  • JB is not convinced that we need a board/council for Thunderbird. At least for the first releases he thinks the current model will work.
  • Mozilla will not allow selling the product, but are happy to see people making money about addons and similar initiatives. Anne-marie is looking into monitisation opportunities that work together with the governance model and Mozilla’s goals.
  • Rkent asks how can we maintain the backend in case people are mainly working on addons? * The product needs the maintainership and development.
  • Conclusion is that we need to wait and see how the current model will work for at least a release or two.

Attendees

standard8, sancus, florian, roland, anne-marie, rkent, bwinton, mconley, rkent, irving, andreasn, jb


Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Mozilla Platform: 2012-09-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Notices / Schedule

  • Beta 4 is going to build today, will be released before the end of the week

    • Last chance for speculative fixes

    • Make sure you’re not on the hook for a tracking 16+ bug
    • Make recommendations on fixing/mitigating/wontfixing ASAP
  • Beta 5 will be going to build next Tuesday
    • We expect some riskier than normal Win8 fixes – QA will be highly engaged
  • Release of FF16 is on 10/9
  • CTP blocklisting expected to land on Aurora 17 this week

Firefox OS

  • All teams focusing on freezing feature work by 9/28 in order to stabilize and close down V1. Product and Engineering management working on a post-9/28 schedule and strategy to drive feature work and blockers to zero.

  • Follow along via this sheet which tracks the progress of the built-in apps, the Basecamp blocker dashboard, the @hackb2g twitter account which tweets Gaia commits, and the B2G Desktop builds.
  • Dogfooding program: Devices are ordered, OTA updates are being tested by QA this week. A list of dogfooding tips are being collected.
    • Release Management will send out B2G Test Drivers announcement tomorrow, if you’re in MV, SF, or TO please sign up for a device.

Add-on SDK

Performance

  • Lawrence/Taras can’t make the meeting

  • Snappy workweek report on Taras’ blog

Layout

  • bugs of interest

    • offer a way to apply a user-agent style sheet to a given document (bug 737003)

    • improvements to background-attachment:fixed on mobile (bug 786502)
    • add support for background-size within background shorthand property (bug 570326)
    • fixes for some over-invalidation when scrolling (bug 777194)

WebAPI

  • focusing on landing and helping to trim Basecamp blockers

  • working on B2G v1 privacy features
  • improving geolocation on B2G
  • coordinating automated tests with QA

Network

  • bug 756648 – cookie jars landed

  • bug 756717 – appcache jars: should land soon
  • bug 781392 – jduell setting up test environment so we can investigate
  • bug 786299 – Honza is back and will work on this 1st. Likely to ship
  • bug 746069 – Network indicator throbber: hoping to get in
  • bug 782542 – Secure necko IPDL usage: may be hard to get done by 28th…
  • bug 776797 – Lock down Appcache update: looking into to get T-shirt estimate & plan

Tree Management

  • bug 791854 – we have determined that armv6 testing on armv7 devices (tegras) is sufficient to test Non-IonMonkey configuration needed for B2g

    • this will disable armv7-non-IonMonkey test coverage (this was added as a proxy for b2g)

      • this was extra load that was going to worsen our wait times
    • this armv6 proxy coverage will only be valid while the builds are run on tegras devices (armv7)
  • Switching linux desktop build machines soon (centos6 based, some will be run on AWS)

Security

  • Web Cryptography API has entered First Public Working Draft [1] (via ddahl)

    • Feedback and comments are very welcome! public-webcrypto-comments@w3.org

    • JavaScript-API enthusiasts are highly encouraged to comment on this draft
  • SecReview: Monday – Android Service Based Updater

Stability Report

Socorro

  • A few issues after landing the rapid beta work – affecting ADU numbers. Reports are all wrong.

  • Last regression for this issue – bug 791889

Desktop

  • New Flash version out this morning – 11.4.402.278.

Trunk

Aurora

  • New Crashes

    • bug 791999 crash in js::ObjectImpl::hasClass

    • bug 791798 crash in mozilla::plugins::parent::_releaseobject

Beta

Mobile

See Mobile Notes for Mobile specific Socorro notes

  • 26.6% of all our crashes on Fx15.0.1 mobile are startup related in a 3 day period. 46% crashes were startup crashes in 15.0. There is an improvement.

  • Wishlist fix:
    • bug 790139 – crash in libxul.so@0xf… while enabling Reader Mode on custom kernels

    • bug 756140 – even though this is with Cynogenmod, the number of crashes for this is huge (6240 crashes in 3 days) versus the next one down which is 1,576 crashes in 3 days. It’s the biggest crash in 15/16
    • bug 791462 – is being looked into. It’s causing a spike in the crashing for nightly. It’s a crash in Ion Monkey. Thanks, Marty!
      • could be the same as the desktop crash
  • QA Monitoring bugs:
    • bug 785340 – crash in OmxDecoder::ReadAudio

      • Looks like it might be ready for engineering; bsmegberg to find an owner.
    • bug 745512 – crash in mozilla::image::RasterImage::InitDecoder
      • monitoring to see if it drops off in 16.

Roundtable


Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesday 2012-09-1811:00 am Pacific

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress