- Next merge is Week of 2013-01-06
- Fx18 Betas are shipping weekly
Major Topics for This Week
- Android x86 Builds
- We hinted that we were close. Now, thanks to kmoir, we have Android x86 on tbpl and nightlties. Brad is making sure the details (updates and testing plans) are ready before doing the next update post.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- [Bug 800838] Android crash in nsNPAPIPluginInstance::UnscheduleTimer @ nsNPAPIPluginInstance::TimerWithID
- [Bug 821777] Populate flash version in telemetry data
- [Bug 809055] Moving Firefox to background while playing a flash video in full screen mode and bring it back to view will freeze the app
- Worked on a patch to make pausing compositor not block gecko thread
- Investigate benchmarketing stuff (cross-browser benchmarks)
- Dec 12 – Dec 19:
- bug 780831 – land patch for flash crashes
- bug 818060 – add a memory reporter for graphics tiling textures
- bug 820545 – investigate safebrowsing-related stuff in about:rights and update comment
- bug 821224 – fix a crash caused by improper bitmap recycling
- bug 816164 – gzip the crash report submission
- bug 816551 – fix JS warning on startup
- bug 817134 – delete screenshot code
- bug 818676 – verify NDK r8c can be used to build android on build machines
- figured out how to run new DMD on android (filled in https://wiki.mozilla.org/Performance/MemShrink/DMD)
- filed bug 822810 about strange behaviour observed with low-res tiling and painting (blocking gfx memory reductions)
- bug 822698 – fix DMD compilation on android with gcc 4.6
- upload my armv6 memory usage data to AWSY
- bug 807104 – turn on jsloader.reuseGlobal in fennec
- Last week:
- Finished (?) unit test support for webrtc: bug 811411 and related – waiting for reviews
- Wrote wiki entry for unit tests: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Android#cppunittests
- bug 810347 More flexible test root support in sutAgent
- bug 817235 Allow remote xpcshell tests to use /mnt/sdcard/tests as test root
- bug 814805 Android xpcshell tests: chmod permission problems on rooted device
- PTO this Friday … return Dec 31
- More B2G
- Past week:
- Fixed bug 818715 – Moving cursor handle in input field causes keyboard to lock up
- Fixed bug 810821 – Tapping on url bar with Samsung Galaxy Note’s II stylus doesn’t have url text selected
- Fixed bug 821229 – The virtual keyboard is dismissed on first match when using Find in Page
- Investigated bug 820750 – Intermittent test_bug430276.html | application crashed
- Continued work and blog post on bug 818301 – make JimDB work with C++ unit tests
- Interest in bug 809018 – DateTimePicker does not have 12 hour mode
- More work on bug 818301 – make JimDB work with C++ unit tests
- And bug 822786 – make JimDB work with remote mochitests
- bug 822755 – ANR when GeckoEditable responds to stale actions
- bug 814689 – Typing is not working for full flash sites
- bug 821257 – Typing 1 character in google search will insert 2 characters
- bug 809329 – Duplicate letters when Xperia pro keyboard has suggestions
- bug 816486 – First letter is capitalized in the URL bar when using Swype Keyboard on LG Slider
- More work on bug 818301 – make JimDB work with C++ unit tests
- Bug 795045 – Confine cursor positioning thumb control to edit box
- Bug 820491 – PBM – Unable to initiate a download in Private Browsing mode
- Thumb positioning follow-ups
- Bug 816998 – Clipboard buffer contains copied link from a Private Tab outside of Private Browsing
- LayerDrawable mutations causing problems in 4.2.1 – bug 821453
- Enhancing tabs-tray to show different sections – bug 817706
- about:home text color change based on persona theme – bug 822421
- Firefox wordmark should be white on dark themes – bug 822422
- Search suggestion text illegible – bug 821311
- Personas not applied – bug 822133
- Uplifting persona based patches to aurora.
- Polished visual designs for new tabs-tray.
- Decision on selection color to be something other than orange.
- Bug 822926 – Allow extensions to add custom panes to the Awesomescreen. WIP up. Any ideas or feedback are welcome.
- Bug 681805 – [TABLETUI] Hide forward button when there is not forward shistory… landed
- Bug 818494 – Swipe to close tab action is sensitive
- Bug 736321 – Support HTML context menus – New patch up to support sub menus better
- Bug 783312 – Make top sites customizable on about:home. Nother round of reviews. Lucasr is out for now so I’m pushing these to mfinkle now.
- Bug 704229 – Add a full-screen button for HTML5 video (Fennec Native)
- Bug 792077 – Fennec mulit-locale apk should contain only java, browser, and select toolkit strings
- More fiddling with about:home
- Helping with PointerEvents implementation
- Landed multi-touch keyboard patch – bug 806540
- More interviews
- Continue to help with Gaia blockers
- bug 654352 : document.caretPositionFromPoint implementation (reviewed, just moving to WebIDL at Ms2ger’s request)
- bug 821801 : Separate out ViewportInfo struct for better conditional detection of mobile sites.
- bug 803719 : Reflow-on-zoom should zoom in and snap to a piece of text (required above bug 654352, just need to modify the patch to utilize it. Should be in review tomorrow)
- bug 756518 : Modify conditional detection of mobile sites for font inflation (required above bug 821801).
- bug 808173 : Make reflow-on-zoom disabled for non-text elements.
- bug 757257 : Font inflation on ubi.com yielding unexpected results.
- didn’t actually land anything
- worked on
- Kindle Fire HD crashing on start up
- packaging APKs inside APKs to handle scary permissions better
- sorting out bug 683262
- bug 820868 – Lightweight theme previews do not work on Firefox for Android, breaking the preview/install flow
- bug 819554 – Disable warning for sms protocol
- bug 821840 – Fix redeclaration warning in SessionStore.js
- bug 820658 – Private Browsing leaks history in SQLite’s Write-Ahead Log for tabs.db
- bug 715258 – Favicons are of low quality for local/internal pages
Looked at making pageloads faster:
- Using performance mode content-sink preferences
- Turning off throbber
(Neither was beneficial to any measurable degree)
- Tab UI visual design / spec underway
- Preparing some notes for a Font Licensing newsgroup discussion happening the new year.
- Private browsing UX review
- Starting to think about MWC
- Working with Madhava on a UX Design Values deck
Gone next week, back Jan 2. Happy Holidays!
- Unresolved bugs, tracking-firefox-18 : +
Overall Rating: 4.12 Stars
There haven’t been any major issues cropping up over this week. We will be having our last report of the year rolling out this week, and the SUMO team will be back on board after Jan 2nd.